[1x1] Sirens Call Tavern - RP -Closed

Uriel_of_Auror

Re: [1x1] Sirens Call Tavern - RP -Closed

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:34 pm

Belia nodded to Uriel with a weak smile and held her hands up. He wondered what this meant a moment, but stayed in his spot still processing his feelings at the moment. After pointing to her ears then her lips, he thought the gesture rather redundant, but sat and waited for her to speak. She let out a shaky breath, Uriel knew why. She was nervous, but nervous of what he wondered? He was in no state to cause himself harm, let alone her. She seemed hesitant to close her eyes around him. Again he understood, but the gesture was unnecessary to him. Belia held her right hand out, with the palm facing down. He didn't understand the gesture, but watched her in silence anyways. The singing soon began and this is where Uriel's attention was drawn to, nothing else.

"I've gotta keep the calm before the storm...." Belia sang the first words and she looked directly into his eyes. He was stunned for a moment, the sudden connection made him waver. The faint glow from her eyes sent a shiver throughout him. He wanted to look away, but he seemed stuck in her vision, paralyzed as if staring at a gorgon. His heartbeat was unbearable in his chest as his fight or flight instincts tried to take over. He could do neither. She clenched her fist and Uriel broke eye contact long enough to look, but only to immediately be returned to her gaze.

"I don't want less I don't want more...." Belia continued. He wondered what this had meant. What she was trying to say to him. The words seemed to reflect her feelings. He remembered back to a few moments before they had took off. He asked her what more she could want. Was this what she meant by these words? Was she really content with her life? Was she really okay with serving Bastlu, with dealing death, with betraying Uriel? He didn't know the true intent of her words.

"Must bar the windows and the doors....To keep me safe, to keep me warm..." Belia continued further. He could see the visions of the tavern that weren't his own. Uriel started to feel as though she was using a similar magic that he had used earlier. She was speaking to him the best way that she could. The tavern, it was her safe place. That's what Arwen had mentioned at least. That was the night she stood up for him. She remembered it too. What did it mean to her though he wondered? Did she mean it, did she really care in those moments?

"Yeah, my life is what I'm fighting for!" Belia sang with eyes still fixed on Uriel. His own gaze hadn't left hers, yet his seemed to want to pull away continuously. Reluctantly, yet without control he stayed and listened further. She raised a hand to the collar on her neck, he had already wondered enough about the collar. He didn't know its function and didn't think he was capable of understanding it. Even if he wanted to. Lastly her hand raised to the direction of Bastlu's Manor. He didn't know what this meant other than possibly symbolizing her struggle with Bastlu. The glow though had grown brighter and Uriel's pupils dilated in fear. Yet he was caught in her trap. Should she want to Belia could easily destroy Uriel in these moments. He was entirely vulnerable to her. The orb appeared in her hand and Uriel felt his end coming. At first it was panic, but quickly it turned to acceptance. He knew he was defeated, he was ready for it to be over.

"Can't part the sea, can't reach the shore..." It seemed as though Belia was meaning her speech. The visions of her lips made his mind blush, yet he only showed outward fear and contempt with the situation he was in.

"And my voice becomes the driving force!!" Uriel flinched at her words. The glowing had flared and the orb in her outstretched hand grew in size. He broke eye contact for the first time in a while and wrapped his arms around his stomach. He felt sick in anticipation. He just wanted it to be over, yet she didn't act. She didn't strike at him and her words seemed to show that she had no intentions of hurting him. As these thoughts raced into his head he started to tense up. Was she toying with him or...was Belia showing him mercy? It started to make more sense to him. She was showing him that she was caged, not just in that collar, but with Bastlu. She was caged in life, a fate worse than death. She was in pain as well. A different kind of pain. Slowing Belia won Uriel over. He started to listen and understand what she meant with her words.

"I won't let this pull me overboard..." Her words showed him that his suspicions were true. She meant him no harm. She held control of herself and her power.

"Gods, keep my head above water...Don't let me drown, it gets harder..." She sang as she pointed into the distance. He slowly followed her gesture to the pillar of green light in the distance. He hadn't noticed it before, but felt the connection to the source.

"I'll meet you there at the altar.....As I fall down to my knees..." Belia takes her first step toward Uriel. His mind said run, his heart and body said stay. He started to trust her. He listened, he wanted to listen to her. Not because of some enchanting spell, but because he needed to know. She needed saving, she wanted to be free from the cage.

"Don't let me drown ... Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me drown...." Belia seemed to be...pleading with Uriel. Asking for him to save her. He...he didn't understand. What was he supposed to do? How could he help her? Why him? Belia looked away from Uriel for a moment. When she looked back to Uriel she would be met with an intuitive stare. He had noticed a pattern, a significance to this gesture. Uriel caught on that something happened in that moment which was significant enough to break her immersion in the moment.

"So pull me up from down below..." Belia finally looked back at him and raised a hand to her chest. This meant heart, but he didn't understand the significance.

"Cause I'm underneath the undertow..." He didn't know what an undertow was.

"Come dry me off and hold me close! I need you now, I need you most..." This time Uriel's blush showed through to his cheeks. This definitely confirmed that she needed Uriel's help, but...why him? What made him so significant?

She lunged at Uriel suddenly, he couldn't react whatsoever. He was fully engrossed in the song and intuitively trying to figure out her message. She placed a hand on his chest, the blush deepening from the intense emotion surrounding them. She looked deep into his eyes, he was intimidated, but he felt...safe. He could feel his heartbeat, no he could feel...theirs. He could feel nothing but their heartbeats. The orb she held absorbed into her body and pulsed into his chest knocking him back off the log he sat on. The energy hugged him like a warm bath or like a motherly embrace. He could feel the trust she held for him. This was an ultimate act of trust to him. Why would you give someone strength if you feared they would use it against you? You wouldn't. He felt ashamed for a moment. He wanted to apologise, he wanted to let her know. Somehow he felt like she already did. He could feel the gentle connection being made.

"God, keep my head above water...Don't let me drown, it gets harder...." Her visions appeared to him, she was happy, then...Bastlu. Uriel's was overcome with emotions and power. He was stunned from the surge of energy otherwise you would see his eyes glint with anger at the thought of Bastlu. As Belia was drug back to the Manor that anger resonated through him.

"I'll meet you there at the altar...As I fall down to my knees .." Uriel saw the woman in the picture. He didn't know who she was or what specifically made her important, but obviously it was important in some way. Once the man appeared in the memory he got the idea. It means that Belia's mother was related to Bastlu in some way and Belia's father kidnapped her.

"Don't let me drown...Don't let me drown...Don't let me drown...Keep my head above water..." Again more visions of her father. Except he was painted as a villain. He didn't know anything about parents. Just that it was the appropriate name...

"And I can't see in the stormy weather..." Benita signed a contract with Bastlu? Uriel had read about treaties, but contracts had been broken long before. What made this one so special? So binding? Something bound Belia to Bastlu. Uriel remembered one of the other men had mentioned she was settling some debt about her father. That's what the contract must signify. She is legally contracted to settle her father's debt. Uriel was suddenly hit with her emotions, the pain and torture she endured was powerful in his soul. He felt each lash in his mind, each gut wrenching hit she took. She had held true throughout her torture. Something he admired and respected.

"God, keep my head above water..." He felt like he was being watched, like someone else was there with them. He felt...violated for lack of a better word. Who did they belong to? He tried asking, but the energy flowing within him still held him fast in place. Petrified like a stone statue.

"I lose my breath at the bottom..." He was pulled back into reality. He found himself lost in her forest eyes. Like sitting under a tree and watching the light peer through the leaves. If he could blush any more he would.

"Come rescue me, I'll be waiting....I'm too young to fall asleep..." She would call out to him.

"I will." Uriel whispered to her. He spoke for the first time since she began. His ring flared a moment and all five spheres shined brighter than normal. They quickly faded onto nothingness again. This symbolized himself making a promise. Uriel's powerful magic, that was being fueled by her own, had seared a bond between their souls. Like a hot brand it formed a scar on her spirit that matched the one he now had. The heat and intensity would only last long enough for Uriel to gasp for breath.

Uriel last saw Belia being pulled from him before blacking out. He was overloaded just like the first day he was born. When he awoke again it was to the sound of Belia screaming to him. His eyes shot open to see Faeed standing over him. His immediate thoughts were 'Where is Belia?'. He shortly struggled to sit himself up, his body and ring glowed with a strong blue energy for a while before slowly but surely fading. He felt rejuvenate yes, but he felt more than that. This was more power than he's ever held before. He feels like he could take on an entire army in his own in destructive power or shape an entire mountain with his transmutation. He didn't know what to do with this power, he didn't know the spells to use, what to create. He sat in awe at the gift he was given. He then looked to Faeed for a moment, the power within him being very apparent.

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:55 am

Faeed stared at Uriel as he held his hands out in show of caution, his eyes searching for any possible injuries before feeling confident that Uriel was still in one piece and not in any harm. “Uriel…are you injured?” His tone was trying to be calm, to not cause him any reason to to be afraid should there be something that occurred internally that he couldn’t see. During this time, Belia’s eyes followed as Arwen paced back and forth in front of her, her brows drawing close together as she tried to pull her hands free from the rope unsuccessfully. It was then that she heard a familiar sound moving in the woods and moving closer towards the group.

She tried to pull harder on her bound wrists, Arwen noticing the struggle she was causing before he aimed his frustration towards her. “You have to stop this Belia!” Suddenly he would stop, his eyes wide as a black arrow struck him from behind, catching not only him off guard as he collapsed towards the ground but Belia as well, her eyes staring at the black wisps rise from the shaft of the arrow. *….Arrows….When in the nine hells did they start having arrows….?* She thought loudly as her eyes travel towards the woods where it had come from.

Arwen groaned as he went to reach for the arrow for removal from his shoulder but as his fingers made contact with the shaft, it disappeared into ash and left only a gaping wound. Arwen looked bewildered at his ash covered hand, his eyes shifting towards Belia who was struggling with all her earnest might to get to her feet, her eyes wide as she watches the black smokey figures from the tavern begin to emerge from the woods.

As Belia rose to her feet, she looked to her left and right, seeing twenty, if not more of them emerging before her. Her eyes narrowed before she looked about the ground for anything sharp she use to cut the ties that bound her hands. With the gag in her mouth, she wasn’t able to even try and sing, cast out warning to the others or even lose control. “Faeed!!!!” Arwen had pushed himself up as he pulled out his sword, a hiss escaping him as the pain in shoulder began to fester. He placed himself in front of Belia, his other hand reaching out to grab a hold of her arm tightly as he began to back them up.

*Uriel…They are back….* She kept her eyes focused on the figures as she backed away, her breathing becoming heavier as she shook her head, trying to get the gag from her mouth. Her hands, though bound behind her back, would close and open quickly in an attempt to draw forth some sort of energy into her hands but with her silence, there was nothing. Another arrow whizzed by her head before her eyes narrowed now in anger, her body ceasing to back up any further. She dug the heels of her boots into the ground and stopped Arwen from moving her further.

*Prepare yourself…* Belia warned him with the one way communication link they had forged before she takes a step forward against Arwens restraint on her arm, her eyes narrowed with determination. Faeed raised his head at Arwens shout, twisting quickly to peer over his shoulder at the two in the distance, his form straightening completely as he unsheathed his own sword and began to ran towards them.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | The Silver Isles - Raine

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

Uriel_of_Auror

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Uriel had remained sitting up when the commotion began. He mostly had been focused on Faeed and his words. 'Injured?' He thought to himself. No far from it. Uriel had never felt more alive and in control of himself. Was this the power he was destined to have? He loved the feeling of strength and willpower that flowed through him. His heart bead with newfound determination and a drive that could match that of an ancient dragon. Arwen took the blow from behind and caught Uriel's attention. He seemed to take forever to fall to the ground. After the raw energy settled into Uriel's body and soul he was able to process so much more information than before. His senses increased to a rather ridiculous level and he was more than ready to take on whatever fired that arrow.

Uriel stood up and held himself with tremendous confidence. Not cockiness, true unbridled confidence. Dozens of the smokey shadowed creatures began pouring out of the surrounding area. Faeed had began his charge toward the other two to help out, but Uriel stayed behind. Faeed's footsteps fell in slow motion, the arrow flying past Belia's face seemed to take much longer than it did. However this perceptive slow motion only appeared to Uriel as a side effect of his newfound limits.

*Uriel...They are back....Prepare yourself...* Uriel heard Belia's voice in his mind. He was ready. Uriel's ring activated causing the five blue spheres to appear, much brighter and vibrant than they normally do. Just as expect, one of the spheres begin to pulsate in and out of existence to signify the casting of a spell. Uriel closes his eyes and with one finger points to the sky. Clouds quickly form overhead and a single loud crack of thunder is heard throughout the area as a streak of lightning jumps from within the cloud. Many of the creatures began to make their assault, at least a hand full either lunged for Belia and Arwen or fired their arrows. It would seem that they were right on target, nearly a few feet away from the couple. Suddenly a bolt of lightning strikes the ground near the two, but at a safe enough distance that it wouldn't affect them aside from the ear splitting crash of thunder. Tendrils from the main bolt arched off of the stream and into the lunging enemies and fired arrows, vaporizing them into ash.

That would have been the end of the display, however once the bolt disappeared it left behind a humanoid figure that appeared very much to be a tall and handsome man. A quick glance over him shows him to be at least seven feet tall at the shoulders and nearly eight feet in total. He was a seemingly giant, however proportionally speaking he appeared to be normal, just really tall. His hair was brown and wavy and was split by his shoulder so it would lay on his back and chest. He wore a very fine looking leather duster of sorts with the coat tails and everything. It was white with golden accents and a golden trim around the edges. Along the front were buckles and straps, buttons, and a zipper in that order facing inward to keep his coat from opening up, besides the fact that it looked fancy as well. His pants were a fine make of white slacks, slim fit as to not create any friction against themselves. His boots were marvelous white leather with plenty of scuff marks to symbolize the idea that, even though he dressed well, he wasn't afraid to get himself dirty. The creatures paused a moment in surprise at the sudden appearance of a new contender, debating on if they could take this man. He turned to face Belia and Arwen, but his focus was on Belia.

"Lady Belia, you really should be more careful." He smiled at her, his eyes were an astounding electric blue and he carried a 5 o'clock shadow on his dreamy face. He winked at her and continued to speak, his voice was smooth like a nobleman and carried the tone of someone with tremendous confidence. Not cockiness, true unbridled confidence. "I wish our meeting was under better circumstances, but Uriel needs me right now so that'll have to wait."

Before he could turn around, two arrows began whizzing toward him, but he shifted only slightly so that both arrows would clash against the weapon he held on his back with a loud clang that echoed through the area not unlike the thunder that called for his entrance. The arrows shattered into ash on the larger than life greatsword he held on his back. It was almost a ridiculous size, if it hadn't been for his own height you wouldn't have guessed that the blade could even be lifted by the average man. However that wasn't the weapon that he chose to wield. The newcomer unstrapped the buster sword from his back which gave Belia and Arwen a clear view of its design. It had a leaf shaped tip and the crossguard was magnificently shaped to proved comfort and protection. The blade itself seemed to have three holes in it that were filled in with gold, though they wouldn't know by looking at it that the gold was an alloy that reinforced the blade to compensate for the malleability of gold. There was also writing on the blade in a language that neither of them could understand. It was runic in nature, but otherwise had no hint of similar dialect anywhere in the realm.

Instead he moved aside his coat tail and revealed a second weapon, the one he was more comfortable wielding. He unsheathed it from its very ornate scabbard letting it ring with excitement. Attached to the end and now being wrapped in his hand was a dagger that was attached to the pommel by a finely crafted chain. It clinked at a higher pitch revealing that the chain was much lighter than it appeared. This blade too held golden accents and bore a similar looking script etched into the blade.

Another arrow came toward him and he smiled deeply as he threw the dagger out of his hand, the chain unraveling itself from his wrist, he kept a loose control over its distance. The dagger split through the arrow turning it to ash in mid air and followed through into the presumable chest of the creature that fired it. His eyes sparked and sent a surge of lightning through body, into the metal chain, into the the dagger and finally, substituently into the creature causing it to vaporize alongside it's brethren. With a swift tug the fathe dagger returned to him and he caught it with his left hand. This seemed to upset the creatures a great deal. They all started to come in force at the entirety of the group including Uriel and Faeed off to the side.

However the man was quite ready, so too was Uriel. Three had gone for Faeed and one of them turned to ash. Uriel held a bow on similar design to Belia's, but was only a copy. A second sphere had begun to flash on his wrist, then a third as another arrow appeared in his hand. Each time he fired one into the creatures the arrow would destroy itself, letting Uriel summon another one to his side. Faeed was left the remaining two.

The new aly was a swift and powerful addition to the team, using his blade in tandem with its dagger to deal with the onslaught. The greatsword acted as a shield for Belia to hide behind while Arwen would be expected to help in the fighting.

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:58 am

Belia had been running towards the shadow creatures, her plan was unknown even to her but she wouldn’t retreat, that is, until the clap of sound from above shot forth a stream of pure electricity. Her movements halted before she turned away from it, anticipating the pain that could consume her form, but it was only the sound was a bit much for her ears, causing ringing for a few moments, but nothing coursed through her form. Slowly opening her eyes, she looks back towards the source of the sound and her eyes raise up the figure that stands before her, through the ash of the shadow creatures. Arwen had turned his back to the scene for a few seconds before raising his eyes as well to the figure, his eyes wide in amazement.

Belia took in all of this strange being before her, her mind telling her to run but her form only took an uncertain step back. She hadn’t been able to determine if he was a friend or foe, but he had the attention of all in the land at the moment. Her mind was racing to fast for her to come to grips with what would be the best course of action, her attack plan having now been possibly compromised by this strange being…and then he spoke.

"Lady Belia, you really should be more careful." The power that was held in his blue eyes had captured the bard with in her, the mix of the statuesque form and the attire was something out of many bards books, tales of the strange giants of the north, perhaps he is one of these unseen creatures. But it was his words though that had caught her attention the most, the being knew whom she was and though it hadn’t been completely uncommon in her past, he had addressed her by a title none had before.

Her back would straighten as Arwen came to stand beside her, his sword gripped tightly in his hand and his eyes stuck on the being before them, his jaw set as he prepared himself for an attack, though he didn’t aid in removing Belia’s bindings. “I wish our meeting was under better circumstances, but Uriel needs me right now, so that will have to wait.” His words caused her to glance to where Uriel and Faeed had been just moments before and a new dawning realization that while they were separated, Arwen and her weren’t the only ones in danger as the shadowed creatures began to emerge from behind the tree line there as well.

The large beings movements caught her attention before she could even think of anything to say to warn the other two, and the beauty of the sword caught her passion for art and weaponry. Though time hadn’t slowed, her helplessness at the moment seemed to cause her eyes and mind to take in all of this at a hastened pace, her teeth biting into the tie around her mouth. As the beautiful and intricate sword plunged into the ground, Belia’s turns her form away as the ground exploded and grasped the large weapon. With a battle shout, Arwen turns and runs towards those approaching them from behind, his sword raised high as he brought forth ash from each of the creatures he pierced and slashed, his eyes filled with bloodlust.

Belia had moved to hide behind the large, grounded weapon, her eyes, normal in hue staring at the actions of Arwen before looking over the edge of the sword to watch the knife dance of this strange being. The horde of creatures continuing to grow with each passing moment, as if they were seeming being churned out at a high volume. Not willing to sit idly aside, Belias fingers run over the cool metal of her makeshift shield before coming to the sharpened edge, her eyes shifting back to Uriel and Faeed, watching as Uriel held a familiar looking bow, using it with a skill that perhaps she couldn’t even match now. Faeed had heard the plunk of the arrow and spun with the blade exposed, causing the other two to turn to ash. As he grounded himself, facing Uriel, his eyes narrowed at those approaching behind them and moved to fight with Uriel, being certain to keep the creatures at bay from Uriel, allowing Uriel the distance needed for his newly acquired bow skills.

With a deep exhale, she aligned the bindings against the edge of blade and with a quick motion and heavy pressure, she was able to cut the bindings from her wrists before she looked towards the supplies. She would have to use what she could at this point, her form without a weapon this deep into the battle, and her eyes set on two cast iron pans sitting closer to her. With a stifled grunt, she moves to grab a hold of the pans by their handles, drawing each one up before she moves back behind her protective shield. The binding still in her mouth, she closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to tap into something within her, the heel of her boot beginning to thump on the grass in a rhythm. Her eyes slowly open, though the light was not present , there was no surge of energy within her. ‘Ahhh my Little Songbird….Not this time…’

The voice haunted her mind, her heart beating faster as a new fear had begun to set in as the arrows whizz by and the ash fills the air around her. Her eyes turn towards where the green light pillar had stretched to reach the sky, though now it didn’t stand there, a single tear falling from her left eye down her cheek, the pans being lowered to her sides. It was the twang that was made from the pan tinking off the weapon she rested her back on that now caught her attention, the simple sound causing a stirring within her. With a hidden smirk, she began to gently tap the pans together in a rhythm before walking out from her hiding spot, her eyes turning towards the shadows.

With each clang of the pans, her eyes would fill with light, though slower and with less power than when she has her full potential, her form still drained from her connection to Uriel and feeding him her raw energy. She was barely scraping the barrel now as she moved from them all to her own section of beasts, her eyes staring at them as they began to approach her. And with each swing of the cast iron pan, the impacts would emulate the rhythm she had begun, the tune still working to build the energy within her. Her movements were swift and unrelenting as she dodged their grasping hands and collided with their form with the makeshift weaponry, until she felt the power beginning to build to an overflowing status. Her bright eyes glance around them all before she takes several steps back towards the center of them all, the pans grasped firmly in her hands and the energy that filled her core now pulsing through the pans causing the inanimate items to now pulse in the same fashion as her eyes and the light pillar that now seemed to be jumping from one location to another with each beat of a heart.

Arwen took now several arrows to his form before he now collapsed to the ground, a single shadow being now stood on top of his form before reaching its hand into Arwens chest, eliciting a scream from him as the pain tore through him and then silence came from him, his dying eyes locked on Belia. The emotions were now flowing freely through her form as her eyes locked with Arwen, the pans now growing a brighter green. Raising each pan up to her shoulder height, fully extended out from her form with straightened elbows and her heels dug into the ground, her head arches back as a scream is muffled by the cloth in her mouth that she had yet to remove. With a fast swing inwards with both arms, she collided the pans together, the sound was deafening to those near her but it was the charged sonic waves that rang out all around them all that could be felt. The shadow creatures in close proximity instantly turned to ash and those nearby would scream in pain at the sound and the powered shock waves. Even her companions would feel a bit of the impact and the sting from the power.

But now she had exerted all she could as the glow faded after the sonic rings died. The pans fell to the ground as she stumbled forward a bit before she collapsed to her knees, her eyes wanting to roll back in her head and she fought it with all her might. Though she would have made a dent in the enemies, they quickly began to swarm them all, not allowing any time to observe much of what was going on around them all. As she opened her eyes with a shaky breath, she seen the boots of her comrade Arwen, her eyes slowly raising up towards him, at first feeling comfort before her eyes landed on his white skin now seeming cracked with with black lines, like that of a broken porcelain doll.

A chill ran through her as she shook her head at his visage, then he grabbed her in a tight grasp and drew her to him before he chuckled deeply, Arwens dead form being used as a vessel now. His lips parted as a voice not his own spoke through him, “I told you….Not this time Siren…” With that, shadowed wings burst from his back before wrapping around them both, a burst of ash exploding where their forms once stood as he teleports the two of them from the rest of the battle.

The pulsing light pillar now held still in the distance, the pulsing becoming more solid as it seemed to forge itself into the scenery. After several moments, a light exploded from it, certain to draw the attention of not only her companions but many towns surrounding them. The flow of creatures would begin to trinkle down to nothing.

Uriel_of_Auror

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Uriel watched over the battlefield with an intense understanding of what was going on. However that didn't mean he could be everywhere at once. He saw as Arwen had been taken over and stood above Belia. He wanted to help, he really did, but he was too preoccupied with the shadowy beings surrounding him and Faeed. The taller man on the other hand was quick to react to the situation. He too was surrounded, many of the creatures clasped onto him, grabbing at his body and equipment. Each one that tried would be struck with a surge of pure lightning, vaporizing them and not allowing any of the cannon fodder to get a good grip on him.

His strikes were precise and deadly. One strike per creature, anything more was a waste of time and energy. His attacks were fueled by the lightning coursing throughout his body. Not electricity, no, true lightning. Arwen stood over Belia with a changed look about him. It didn't take long for him to register that something was wrong. He lunged for the two, dozens of creatures piling on him, dozens turning to ash at a single touch. He reached a single hand out to Belia, but it was too late. Just as the arcs of lightning were about to lick Arwen's skin, they vanished. He skid past where they had been and stopped, turning to the remainder of the creatures that now seemed to disperse and retreat. He pointed his sword in their direction and static filled the area around him. Arcs of lightning jolted forth from his body to the surrounding area, zapping the ash particles in the air. Lightning surged up from his feet, through his legs, his chest, out down his arm, through his hand, and to the hilt of his sword. The lightning then shot forth from the blade and formed into a stream of lightning that he quickly dragged across the horizon and turning whatever creatures it caught into ash. Any others would simply escape and be spared from a similar demise.

Uriel had dispatched whatever creatures he could that Faeed had not himself. Once the setting had cleared, Uriel watched the pillar of light and how it seemed to explode. He knew that Belia was in danger. He could feel it in his soul. The soul that he now shares a deep connection with. He needed to find her, wherever she had went. Uriel dropped to his knees in the ashes of the slain creatures, the arrow in his hand dispersing and allowing an orb on his wrist to solidify. Then his left along with it leaving only one pulsing sphere. He knelt nearby Faeed who wasn't terribly far away from him.

The taller man returned to his buster sized sword and lifted it from the ground with relative ease. That meaning that it was difficult, but he managed without proper struggle. He was covered in ash, most likely so were the others. He removed a white handkerchief from his breast pocked and wiped down his blade. Once he placed his sword back into its scabbard at his side and he strapped the greatsword onto his back, he then wiped off his face approached Faeed and Uriel. He didn't say anything just yet, but instead looked over Uriel to see if he was okay. From his own observation, he couldn't find any physical injuries on Uriel, but it seemed there was still pain in his body. Using what context clues he could gather, he came to the conclusion that Uriel was suffering from an overexertion of power. Not only had he been given more power than he could handle, he also had used far more in one sitting than his soul was used to. Uriel would need to rest for sure.

His attention then landed on Faeed. He took a good look over him and took in as much detail as he could. From Faeed's point if view it would almost seem like a one sided interrogation. The tall man's eyes traveled over every inch of Faeed soaking in knowledge and understanding. His intuition was strong and he was learning much about Faeed without him needing to even speak.

"We...need to save her...Faeed?" Uriel looked up to Faeed with determination. "We have to save Belia."

Uriel's sudden change of heart was somewhat alarming. A few moments ago he was saying how much he hated her, now the way he spoke her name differed. He didn't say her name with disgust, but with passion. Not the passion of a lover, but the passion of one bound to another. He felt it his duty to help her. However not the duty of a slave to their master, no Uriel wanted to help her. Uriel desired to save Belia.

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Faeed had thrust his sword into the last shadow being, his eyes filled with battle-lust as he stared into the creatures face with an unwavering gaze. With a twist of his sword, the creature burst into ash, filling the air before him. He stood with his back to them all, his eyes closing as he forced away the thrill of battle. With flick of his wrist, the ash dispersed from his elven rune sword, the runes shining in the remaining light of the day before being thrust into his sheath. His jaw was set as he turned to walk towards this gargantuan creature and Uriel, his eyes narrowing a bit before his heavy footsteps bring him towards the pair. Turning his eyes towards the pillar of the light, his mind was already racing to plan the next step and the possibilities of what was to come.

As he came to stop before the two, his eyes then moved towards the giant with an unfazed gaze. There was no surprise of awe coming from as he examined him in turn, allowing the figure to know that he had no fear or apprehension about his presence, but he took in the details of this strange being. Lowering to a knee next to Uriel, he turns his gaze to the mortal appearing man, his hand coming to rest upon Uriels shoulder as he looked for any visual wounds, his hand moving to a comforting pat on his shoulder before rising up. He began to silently walk away from the pair towards the supplies left strewn out on the ground now, only to pause as Uriel speaks.

“We…need to save her…Faeed?” He keeps his back towards him as he takes a slow draw of air. “We need to save Belia” Faeed would then take a step back, his eyes coming to meet with Uriels as the determination set in within the young male. The way he spoke, caused the words to lull around his head, like one would allow the warm liquid to linger in their mouth before swallowing. His hand comes to rest on the hilt of his sword as he stared at him intently, his eyes shifting towards the giant near Uriel. His own determination would be locked on his own features before he meets Uriels again, a simple nod being gestured towards him in answer.

“Aye…But it wont be tonight…” He then turns and continues on his way towards the supplies, crouching near the materials as he begins to shuffle through the items, now packing the packs differently for the three. Each one of his movements seeming certain and routine to an extent. “We have to move from here…Find a place to camp…Prepare for what could happen and the journey ahead..”

Cinching up the two packs, he then rises with one in each hand before he moves back towards the pair and drops the lighter of the two on the ground before him, his eyes taking in Uriel, as if to determine if he was true to the emotions set in his words. “We will speak more on this when we set up camp…Bastlu’s men will be coming soon….This is all certainly wasn’t missed by any of them…” He lifted his own heavier pack onto his own back, his long locks shifting as he settled the pack on top of his own thick armor, exposing an ear that held a tall tip, taller than Belias own, becoming hidden once more by the long locks once again.

He changes his gaze to the taller man now as he faces him, his hand though extended towards Uriel to help him rise to his feet. “You will certainly draw attention and make it hard to hide…but are you coming as well?” After helping Uriel to rise up, he would grab the lighter pack and offer to help him place it on his back, the act of kindness only occurring due to Uriels obvious exhaustion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clinking of metal caused Belia to stir, the sound resonating loudly in the enclosed room. Her head felt heavy as she began to raise it upwards, her arms were tense and aching as the sensations began to ring through her. A groan would escape her as she tried to draw them to wrap around her, stopping as the shackles and chains resist against her movements, the pain growing as the stiffness in her joints became apparent. Her head turns to look at one and then the other before the final moments began to piece together in her mind. The battle….the pans…the shadow beings…the man in white…and then Arwen…

Shaking her head gently, her eyes begins to shift around the room, the chains echoing as she moves around as much as she could. With a loud squeal, a large door behind her opened up, causing candlelight hue to dance on the wall before her for just a moment before the door closes. Now a single flame danced in the room and the solid thuds of boots on stone nears her, a faint tremble shakes through her as she sets her jaw, her eyes narrowing as a figure comes into view before her. “The King…has assigned you a special assignment…” The deep voice sounded familiar to her but she could only see the back of the tall man as he stands before her. “And you will comply…You cant escape this time…Belia…Not like back at the tavern….”

Slowly the figure turns around, a menacing grin across his face as he raises his head, the chin length black hair framing his face, and his form tall and strong. As he looks into her eyes, his eyes pierce her soul, a chuckle escaping him as he walks towards. Belia’s eyes widen as the realization of who he was came to the front of her mind, memories of the tavern began to flood her mind. The last night the tavern stood, the lumbering man who had began to confront Uriel upon his entrance.

The one who had touched her hair, the one who had thrown her across the tavern…It all flooded back to her now. As she tries to look away, a red braid hanging from his belt was noticed. He had been the one to strip her of her long locks, cut them from her head and made this…souvenir. Still so many questions flooded her mind, interrupted by the strong hand that grips her chin and forces her to look into his eyes once again. “I am going to enjoy this night….Then…He shall have all of you….” A look of disgust crossed her face as he licks the right side of face, his grip throwing her head to the side as he moves to place the candle down.

Uriel_of_Auror

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Uriel allowed himself to be pulled to his feet, though his eyes only stayed on the ground with frustration slowly building. Faeed was right, but he didn't want to admit it. After all, he didn't even know where to go. However, with his newest companion...? He didn't finish the thought.

"I wish I had...the energy to argue...with you right now..." Uriel got cut off for a moment.

"Faeed..." The taller man finished Uriel's sentence. His arms were crossed and he smiled a sly smirk.

"I don't know much about you Faeed, only what Uriel has told me. Oh and...how rude of me, of course." He bowed deeply, one hand cupped over the other as if he held an orb in his hands. "I am Siegfried La Moore, The Benevolent King of Aurora."

Aurora was a place not of this realm. In fact, as far as Faeed would know, Aurora didn't exist at all. No one in this world told stories of a place called Aurora. Yet here was this man, Siegfried, who claims to be The King of Aurora? He was either mad, or Uriel had done something quite marvelous.

"So, Faeed, what's your title? Ancient elven warrior? Veteran Knight of Bastlu? Friend of Belia? Surely you've had some major accomplishments given the condition of your armor. However you hold no loyalty to that crest there." He gestures to the symbol of Bastlu's men. "Otherwise I'd think you'd have taken better care wouldn't you? Then you must only wear it so you don't get in trouble. What power does she hold over you I wonder...it can't have anything to do with Belia could it?"

Siegfried still had yet to answer Faeed's question about coming with them. It seemed he was far more interested in figuring Faeed out. His questioning was curious and not accusative like his studying eyes. However he spoke with confidence that he was getting somewhere with his investigation. It would have to wait though, as it seemed that Uriel was growing restless. His soul ached and he was fidgeting uncomfortably.

"Right, sorry, we can continue this conversation later. It seems as though Uriel is in need of getting a move on. You know more of this land than I do Faeed, so lead the way then?" Siegfried gestures for Faeed to begin moving. The fact that he had the audacity to give Faeed an order was a bit bold, however he delivered it with such a relaxed and practiced tone. Siegfried at least came off as a King, that much was clear.

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:36 pm

(Faeed's Memory Song Choice - Svrcina - Meet Me On The Battlefield - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZrddJPGp1I // Belia's Song Choice - Warrior - Avril Lavigne - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVS2c4tTPY // The Shades Song Choice - Lorde - Everybody Wants to Rule The World - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hne-eJOeZzA ))

---Uriel, Siegfried, and Faeed, Present Time---
Faeed helped the bag onto Uriels back, Siegfried to his right as he introduces himself in an elegant fashion and the extravagant title that followed suit causing Faeeds attention to turn from Uriel to the strange being. His brows were stitched tightly together as he took in the sight before him and the sly smirk that rested upon Siegfried’s features. His expression has almost blank as he simply stared at the man, Aurora having not registered an acknowledgement from the long black haired warrior.

But the words that came next caused a groan to escape him. “So, Faeed, whats your title? Ancient elven warrior? Veteran Knight of Bastlu? Friend of Belia?” Each question seems to draw a deeper scowl on his face before he began to turn from the two of them, his hand coming to rest upon the hilt of his sword. “Surely you’ve had some major accomplishments given the condition of your armor. However you hold no loyalty to that crest there.” Faeed stopped and turned quickly to Siegfried as the larger man gestured towards the crest of Bastlu. “Otherwise I’d think you’d have taken better care wouldn’t you? Then you must only wear it so you don’t get in trouble.”

Faeed turned away from him just as quickly, getting only a step away before pausing at his next words. “What power does she hold over you I wonder…it can’t have anything to do with Belia could it?” Faeeds gaze stared into the woods for a moment before turning back towards the two of them. They may presume he was contemplating whether this was a good idea or not, but really he was just wondering how in the nine hells did Belia come across all of this. His gaze then catches Uriel and his weakened state, the fidgeting not a good sign for travel.

“Right, sorry, we can continue this conversation later. It seems as though Uriel is in need of getting a move on.” Faeed now offered a nod in agreement before turning towards the wooded area, his eyes already planning a path, then Siegfrieds voice chimed in from behind him. “You know more of this land than I do Faeed, so lead the way then?” Faeed just gave the woods a dead pan look before he shakes his head gently and begins to move past the barrier of the fallen trees.

As he begins to move away, the pack on his back would shift and an engraving is seen on the back left shoulder of his armor, some sort of runic pattern that didn’t match the runes on his sword or any common knowledge runes. Its pattern was intricate and seemed to be saturated in magic of a familiar sort. It would catch the remaining light the further into the woods they traveled, a soft hum escaping him as he moves through the trees with an ease greater than Belia’s.

They would travel for a quite while, the sounds of nature and Faeeds soft humming filling the space of silence. Faeed, though led with confidence and skilled guidance, he seemed a bit distracted. As the enter an opened area of the woods, he takes a moment to pause, his eyes looking around for a moment before turning towards the two pulling up the rear. “We will begin camp here…Leave at dawn…It will be enough for him..” He gestured towards Uriel before he moved away from them, dropping his pack before moving around to collect wood for a fire, though he stayed close enough to them.

“Belia…is a very unique leader. She is fearless…” He would bend to gather more wood into his arms, before coming to stop in the middle of the opening. His hands moved with ease to set up a large enough fire for warmth for group. “Every time she would lead her men into battle…She would sing this…one song. It would provide….this aura of protection…” His eyes grow a bit distant for a moment before focusing on stuffing the base with dried grass, his hands then moving towards two flint stones. He strikes them firmly once, lighting the fire and bringing it to tame showing his experience. After stoking the fire, he looked up towards the two.

“Generations of warriors have spoken the tale of the Sirens Call…How it could hypnotize you and grant the courage to face death…And I have seen…felt…know this all to be true…” His attention turns to the pack he had carried, pulling free a loaf of bread before breaking himself off a chunk, reaching the rest out to Uriel. “It would begin with the night of battle…Those new to the ranks would be fitted with the marking…The Seal…” His fingers would move towards the etching on the back of the right shoulder of his battleworn armor, his eyes staring into the dancing flame as his mind escapes to the memory.

~*~*~Faeed’s Memory~*~*~

It was a dark, cold eve at the battle-camp located in a grove; tents were constructed of various sizes through out the area, one standing much larger than the rest. Carts of food, weapons, and armor were strewn through out the camp, located near the several small fires; several warriors sat around a single fire with armor pieces in their hand, the other hand etching the familiar symbol into the metal and hide. There were no ales or opened bottled of wynes, no laughing, nothing of celebration. There was only the sound of the crackling flames and the occasional screech of metal upon metal.

New warriors lined up, awaiting to take a piece of the etched protection; fear and uncertainty filled their eyes and features as they stare at those who had been around long enough to see several battles…and then noticing how few of them there were. Each though, swore by the marking, and it had now become custom before battle with Belia, and it wasn’t demanded by her, but by the warriors belief.

Faeed stood at attention outside the larger tents flaps, his hands at his side as he gazed out towards his fellow brothers of battle, his features emotionless. He wouldn’t let any pass, not that any were rushing to get inside the tent. His armor shined brightly in the moonlight, not as many battle-scars etched into the solid metal. The tent was lit from within, a glowing red of oil lamps burning brightly and the silhouette of a woman moving about within can be seen. The figure would slide on a shirt before drawing pants up her form, the shadow of long loose locks tumbling down as they dressed.

Within the tent, Belia stood before a leaning mirror, her eyes locked on her visage as she looked into the reflective glass. The night before battle was always the hardest, so full of intense emotion from her comrades and it seemed to only amplify within her mind. She could feel it all…the fear…the hesitation…the impending doom. But there was one that she felt course through her blood, the thrill of bloodlust. It was the hardest to shut out and yet one that she thrived on. She began to piece her armor together onto her form, the metal clanking loosely before settling on her form, the straps cinching down. Faeed would enter the tent flaps now, clearing his throat gently to draw her attention.

“Belia….They are ready…” His voice was firm, held no fear but the look on his face showed his nervousness as he watched her wrap a belt with two sheaths attached to it around her waist, the sheaths for dual short swords. Once attached, she slid the elven runed short swords into place, securing them before taking up her long white fur cloak and wrapping it around her form, her fingers quick to secure it into place. Grasping her bow and quiver, she moved to stand before Faeed, her eyes raising up to his as he takes hold of the items. He gave a firm nod before stepping out of her way, his arm sweeping to hold open the tent flaps and his head bows gently to her.

She takes several steps in her boots to stand before the tent now, the eyes of her army peering back at her as she takes in a shaky breath. Whispers moved about the crowd before silence filled the area around them once more. Her back straightens as she trails her eyes over them all, this group larger than some of her others and she knew this would stress her abilities but, none of that mattered right now. After a moment, she moves to walk towards the closest fire, warriors moving out of her way as she climbed on top of one of the makeshift tables. When Faeed seen Belia give him a nod, he began to move through the crowd, her bow and quiver in hand as he made his way to where Wynternight had been stowed away, prepared for the onslaught.

Belia’s voice carried over the crowd, drawing the attention of them all as she clenched her hands to her sides. Her eyes began to glow as she sang the words aloud for them all, the seasoned warriors bowing their heads while those still fresh to the battlegrounds, stare at her with confusion. “No time for rest…No pillow for my head…Nowhere to run from this….No way to forget…Around the shadows creep…Like friends, they cover me….Just wanna lay me down and finally…Try to get some sleep…”

Her hands come to clasp before her as she stares down at them, the intensity of the seriousness of battle coming across her face as she continues to sing, her voice carrying through the wind to those not drawn close. Faeed continues to strap the armor onto Wynternights form, his hand stroking the giant beast to calm his nerves. Glancing over his shoulder, he watched with a shaky breath at the scene in the distance of his brothers in arms. “We carry on through the storm…Tired soldiers in this war…Remember what we're fighting for….”

She jumps off the table, their eyes once filled with hesitation and fear now are filled with courage and wonder. “Meet me on the battlefield…Even on the darkest night…” She motions towards the night sky before she begins to walk through the warriors. “I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage…” One hand reaches out to touch the sword of one warrior and her other grazes a shield of another. “And you will be mine…”
She continues to walk through the crowd, men parting to allow her a path through as she begins to walk towards the opposite side of the encampment. “Echos and the shots ring out…We may be the first to fall…Everything can stay the same or we could change it all…Meet me on the battlefield…” She locks eyes with several of the men as she continues on her way, her eyes glowing brightly as narrows her gaze to the distance before them now.

“We're standing face-to-face…With an unknown race…” As she sings she comes to stop before an aged warrior, her hand reaching out to touch his armor, the contact causing a glowing handprint to remain on his armor before she continues to walk on. “We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay…Our tainted history, is playing on repeat…But we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead…”

As she nears the horses, she looks at Faeed in the eyes, his own stared back for a moment before he holds the reigns of Wynternight, allowing her to mount the horse with ease, his hand reaching up to hand her the bow. With a quick motion, he attached the quiver to the saddle; the etching on the right shoulder of his armor begins to glow with the same green from her eyes. “When I was younger, I was named…A generation unafraid…For heirs to come…” She looked back at the individuals before her, the words coming out with a strength unseen. “Be brave…”

Tugging the reigns, she began to trot away towards the battle-line, the others assigned a horse for battle began to mount up on their own. The foot warriors beginning to walk behind the horse before they come to stand in a single line, their vision now filled with the visages of Giants in the distance. “And meet me on the battlefield!!! Even on the darkest night!!!I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage!!! And you will be mine!!! Echos and the shots ring out!!! We may be the first to fall!!! Everything can stay the same or we could change it all!!!”

Her voice rang out loudly, every ones energy turning to that of the impending battle, no longer the fear of it but the want, the thrill of it. The need for the victory, to stand for their reason, their purpose. They wanted to smell the blood, hear the singing of sword against sword. The consumption of their very being seemed to solely thrive on the urge to draw blood of their enemy. The etchings on all the warriors armors were glowing brightly now, an aura cast around each individual, enhancing their need for the battle and banishing all of the doubt.

“Meet me on the battlefield!!!!” With a swift kick to the ribs of Wynternight, Belia lead them all into the battle, her sword drawn as her voice rings out loudly and her warriors battle-cries only heightened everything they all felt.

~*~*~End of Memory~*~*~

Faeed took a shaky breath as he seems to come back from reliving the memory, his eyes raising towards the two slowly before he stands with haste and begins to move away from them. He was collecting himself, the memory having seemed to draw familiar sensations from within him and he wasn’t prepared for them before.

|---Belia, Present Time---|

The brute set the candle down, his hand moving to a pouch tied to his belt. He pulled the satchel free and began to take slow steps around the edge of the room, the pouch having been opened and now a black powdery substance pouring from the sack to draw a line around the room. Belia pulled at the shackles on her hands before shifting the position of her feet, a new sound of chains and pain in her ankles called her attention downwards. Her eyes focused on the ankle shackles, a realization coursing though her before her eyes moved to her wrist shackles. During her time unconscious, they had fitted her with shackles that matched her immovable collar, the steel rings having seared into her flesh.

Her emotions began to run high as his figure comes back into view, the final contents completing the circle around the cell. Closing the bag, he turns slowly towards her, a look of delight filling his dark expression as he began to approach her again. “What is wrong Belia? Feel like a caged bird now?” The words spurred her final strand of restraint, her back straightening as she narrowed her eyes at him in challenge. As he took up her chin and began to lean in close, the words came with a pausing force.

“I'll pick my battles 'cause I know I'm gonna win the war (Win the war).” Her eyes stay locked on the brutes as he pulled back a bit, his own narrowing before a slow smile crosses his face. “I'm not rattled 'cause I shouted all of this before (This before).” He places his hands on the hilts of his sword, his eyes now glancing around the room, a mild nervousness settled into him. “Steadier than steel 'cause I'm ready with my shield and sword (Shield and sword).” Her form straightened up as she glared him down, her words were sharp and targeting him, she takes the few steps towards him the chains will allow her to move. Her hands twist and her fingers dance on the chains before gripping them tightly. “Back on the saddle 'cause I gathered all my strength for more (Strength for more).”

Her glowing eyes stare deep into his as she gives him a promising look as the words spill from her lips. A glowing green hue begins to emerge from her fingers into the links of the chains, her hands beginning to pull on the metal with an unfazed look. “And I won't bow, I won't break…No, I'm not afraid to do whatever it takes…” He moves to take a step forward towards her, his eyes following glow up towards where the restraints were attached to the ceiling. With a sneer, he begins to move past her towards the door behind her, her words finding their way into his tough exterior. “I'll never bow! I'll never break!”

The door slammed behind her as she continues to sing, her eyes locked on the dancing candlelight on the wall, the glowing having reached up towards the ceiling completely, extending to the lower chains binding her feet. “'Cause I’m a warrior! I fight for my life!" The tiny access window of the door stayed open as he watched her from behind the door, his eyes creasing in a grin as he noted the power she seemed to hold at the moment.

"Like a soldier all through the night! And I won’t give up! I will survive! I'm a warrior!" Her glowing eyes fall close for a moment before she sets her jaw and begins to pull on the chains binding her arms, the glowing links seeming to grow weaker before disconnecting from above and crashing down towards the stone floor. Slowly she looks over her shoulder towards the door, her arms at her side as her glowing eyes stare through the doors window. "And I'm stronger, that's why I'm alive! I will conquer, time after time! I'll never falter! I will survive, I'm a warrior!!!”

Bending down, she wraps her hands around the glowing chains binding her ankles, her half pointed ears perking to the sounds that seemed to sing on its own in the darkness. (“Woah, woah, woah, woah Woah, woah, woah, woah Woah, woah, woah, woah”) Pulling quick and hard, each chain giving way before releasing from the ground. “I'm a warrior!!!” The chains now rattled loosely as she turns to face the door, her form showing anger and determination usually reserved for the battlefield. “Like a barbarian, I'll be fighting through the day and night!! (Day and night)”

She takes slow steps towards the door, her eyes staring into his before he slams the door shut. A strange red glow emerges from around the edges of the door now. “I'll be marching through the darkness 'til the morning lights!!! (Morning lights)” Her hand moves to the handle of the door, giving it a few jarring pulls but it didn’t even cause the door to creak nor budge as the magic binding held the door in place. He still stood in the hallway, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, his ears still listening to the words. “Even when it's harder, like the armor, you will see me shine!!! (See me shine).” Her fists and chains bang on the door as she continues to belt out the words. “No, I won't stop and I won't drop until the victory's mine!!! (Oh)”

“And I won't bow!! I won't break!! No, I'm not afraid to do whatever it takes!!” She rests her head on the door for a moment before she began to back away from it. The glowing red mingling with the dancing candlelight in the room, her hands clenched as a green glow began to forge around them. As she built the energy up as she had so many times before. “I'll never bow!!! I'll never break!!!” As the energy reaches a destructive level within her, the shackles on her wrists seemed to intensify the pain already present, the hidden gems digging deeper into her wrists, causing blood to drip from the metal bindings to the floor in the center of the room.

“'Cause I’m a warrior!! I fight for my life!! Like a soldier all through the night!!!” She holds out the palms of her hands out towards the door, the sonic waves of her voice amplifying into a physical energy aimed to tear down the door, and as the door stands steady against the attack, she continues to sing and amplify. “And I won’t give up!! I will survive!!! I'm a warrior!!!” Her hands fall down to her sides as she stares at the undamaged door, her brows furrowing as she stumbles backwards towards the farthest wall, the candle having blown out from the disturbance of the air. Her back collides with the cold stone, her form standing under the only barred window of the room. Her hands run up to interlace with her short red locks of hair. “And I'm stronger! That's why I'm alive! I will conquer! Time after time!” Raising her eyes towards the open barred window, she stares up at the piece of the moon that begins to flood the room with its light. “I'll never falter… I will survive… I'm a warrior….”

“Oh, you can't shoot me down! You can't stop me now!” Her voice would carry out the window down to the ears of the shadows below the tower, guarding the area. They would pause as they all turned to look up towards the tower. Looking back at the door, her back coming to rest against the stone once again. The man opposite of the door, would raise his eyes towards the runed door, his hand moving to dismiss the guards that stood in the hall. Each being turning without question and begins to walk away, his gaze intently placed on the door, his ears perked up for the words and sounds within. “I got a whole damn army! Oh, they try to break me down! They try to take me out…You can't cut or scar me…”

She looks down to her wrists before closing her eyes and focusing on Uriel, the words spilling from her lips, though her thoughts were intently on the words she stated at the moment. Her voice softened as she speaks them, her energy low at her failed attempts to release herself. “I’m a warrior.. I'll fight for my life…Like a soldier all through the night…And I won’t give up, I will survive, I'm a warrior…And I'm stronger, that's why I'm alive….I will conquer, time after time…I'll never falter, I will survive…” Her eyes open as she leans her head back, her fingers gripping the stone behind her, her brows furrowing tightly as the last words slip from her lips in the empty quiet room. “I’m… a.. warrior…”

Staring into the dark abyss of the stone ceiling, the sound of leaves rustling begins to fill the room, sounding like echoes from outside. She thought of all the possibilities of what was to occur, what was going to happen to her and her companions. Had they even survived the battle or were they destined to succumb to any of the wounds or tricks of these strange beings. And with a stealthy silence, something came to pierce through her left shoulder, her eyes widening as she takes in a deep breath. Her right hand raises to the pain, expecting to feel a rod or stake of some sort embedded into her form, pinning her tight against the wall.

As her hand passed through the object that pinned her, the sound of the what she had thought were leaves seemed to grow louder before a voice called out from across the room in the shadowed area. “Welcome to your life…” As Belias eyes slowly shift to the deep dark voice a tremble courses through her before another stake was driven into her right shoulder, successfully pinning her back completely to the stone. “There's no turning back…” Another stake was driven through her left thigh. “Even while we sleep…” A final stake of unknown material is driven into her right thigh, each stake seeming to draw out a silent scream of pain from Belia. “We will find you…”

“Acting on your best behavior. Turn your back on Mother Nature. Everybody wants to rule the world…” The being singing to her takes a single movement into a ray of moonlight, Belia then would be able to see all the dark material that had been laid out by the brute begin to move its way to the form, seeming to collect into the figure of a woman made of nothing more than, blackness. “Its my own desire…” The figure would extend its arms, its empty stare locked on Belia’s form. “It’s my own remorse…” The sound would seem to get louder and Belias eyes fell down to her pinned form, watching as the black material begins to move up her legs, wrapping around her as she raises her eyes back towards the creature. “Help me to decide….Help me make the most of freedom…”

The creature now took a step towards her, its movements slow as it draws closer. “And of pleasure…Nothing ever lasts forever!!” The material crawling its way up her form begins to cinch tighter around her, squeezing her as it begins to run up her torso. “Everybody wants to rule the world..” The being now seemed to stand right in front of her, their eyes meeting perfectly, Belias green eyes matching the empty mist like gaze of the being as the words flooded out from this strange being. “There's a room where the light wont find you. Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down.” The beings hands then lace into Belias as it holds her gaze, the material now flooding from her torso to her arms and up her neck.

“When they do, I’ll be right behind you. So glad we’ve almost made it. So sad we had to fade it. Everybody wants to rule the world. Everybody wants to rule the world! Everybody wants to rule…” The darkness consumes Belia, even the stakes that had pinned her now has seemed to have been absorbed into her very flesh. Belias mouth forced open, the material found its way down her throat before there is no longer any trace of the material in the cell. Her head hung for a moment as the short red locks began to be interlaced with the shade material, dark long tresses tumble from her head now, red at the roots and ebony length. Rolling her neck a moment, she lifts her head as she exhales sharply, and Belias voice fills the cell. “…the world…”

Uriel_of_Auror

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:13 am

Siegfried caught the glimpse of the runic symbol and quickly compared it to the same runes he saw on the sword from earlier. The others he assumed elven, because of the wielder, but this? This symbol's different. There was no symbol like it he had seen before. However he was knowledgeable about magic in general and could tell that there was a familiar aura about it. However it took him a moment to put his finger on it. Right, Belia! What was it's purpose though? Seeing as it was on the back, it didn't seem to be offensive in any way. Its position also didn't need activation from the user, otherwise it would be in a place of easy access, at least for a competent person which Faeed seemed to be. His conclusion so far was defensive in nature, however that still didn't fully answer his question. What exactly did it do?...

Uriel followed quietly, watching Faeed move so well through the forest and away from the area that just housed his greatest feat to date. Siegfried noticed the humming and called Faeed's bluff. He could have talked to Siegfried and Uriel, could have asked more about his traveling partners, could have even gone as far as to tell them more about himself. However, instead Faeed decided to simply hum. Siegfried could tell something was distracting him and was determined to pester him until he found out. Once the group arrived to the clearing, Siegfried mouthed "camp" to himself as Faeed announced it which caused a chuckle to escape from him. They seemed to be on the same page one moment and then butting heads the next, what a great chemistry.

Siegfried listened to the story, listening closely to the details about Belia and the mark specifically. He smiled in his little victory over Faeed who couldn't hide its function from him. That's when they lost Faeed for a moment, lost in thought. Uriel listened to the same story, he started to wonder how that Belia would have been to meet...it still stuck in his mind the way she treated him...yet every story was different otherwise...he started to wonder if it was him? Was he the reason Belia treated him so terribly? No...it was Bastlu...he diverged from the story and began to think himself into a spiral. It was his fault, Bastlu's fault, Belia's fault, his fault. What was he even doing here? Why was he with Faeed. Was he running from Bastlu or running to save Belia? His soul says Belia, but his mind says Bastlu...

"Welcome back Faeed." Siegfried chuckled at the shaky breath. Siegfried remained standing the whole time. It didn't seem there was a good place for him to sit aside from the ground. Uriel lay down on his side, letting the grass comfort him, looking into the fire in thought, he was slowly drifting to sleep, which would leave Siegfried and Faeed alone to talk if they wished. Siegfried watched as Faeed stood up and walked around. He watched the nervous habits and remained silent for a few moments to give him time, but then decided to speak again.

"So...let me guess...you don't get a lot of chances to really process your feelings. A battle hardened warrior like yourself must internalize a lot of things, won't let them show for fear of retaliation. You don't know me, so you keep these walls up to protect yourself. Let me make something clear for you though, it's very simple. Why am I here?" Siegfried pauses a moment to see if Faeed would pay attention to him. His tone changed from a super full of himself noble, to a fellow casual battle veteran... "I'm here the same reason as you Faeed...loyalty. I'm here to protect Uriel and right now, you pose no threat to him. You share a goal with Uriel, save Belia. I'm here to help Uriel fulfill that goal and so I share a common interest with you..."

Uriel shifted uncomfortably, the sound of Siegfried's voice and Faeed's fidgeting throughout the area stirred him. Siegfried then lowered his voice, noticing the need for change and gestured for Faeed to come closer so he didn't have to speak so loudly.

"Faeed...you and I aren't all that different. It seems we look at the world a little differently, besides the fact we come from two different ones, but we value some of the same things...honor, loyalty, respect...I think if you take the time to sit down and talk it out with a friend, it might seem...lighter on your mind, body, and soul." Siegfried relaxed a bit, going as far as to lay down with a knee up and propping himself up with his elbow. With his free hand he started to twirl the grass between his fingers, pulling off a piece and looking at it. "The grass seems pretty green over here Faeed..."

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:30 pm

((This is a combined post between Uriel and myself. Thanks for the fun!))

Faeed had turned towards Siegfried as he spoke to him, his tone now hushed due to Uriels needs. His eyes watched the giant before he took a few steps towards him, his eyes narrowing with a wavering trust for the large man. Its true, their values were the same, so far it seemed.

But who was this man to presume he could lessen the weight of burdens and past actions? Still...he was intrigued by the giant and would be willing to at least hear him out. Besides, it seemed Siegfried and himself wouldn't be rushing off to slumber as hastily as Uriel needed too.

"You think one can sit down and have a chat and all will be well? If that was the case...then the drunkards would be cured of their ailment...Old Man...." 

He would lean on a tree near the tall man, putting a distance between him and Uriel even. His hand would rest on the hilt of his sword, his eyes locked on the royal before him, eyes narrowed and a firm grim look on his face.

When Faeed crossed his arms and the metal clinked Siegfried flinched for a moment and faced away from Faeed. For a moment his eyes widened in disbelief, it couldn't be true. There was no way, however he quickly recovered and collected himself with a cough to mask the incident.

"I get to exist." Siegfried answered without much hesitation. He flicked the grass away and then laid on his back, both hands intertwined behind his head. "That's the simple answer, however the more complicated one will take time. You can ask that in your next question if you'd like."

It was true that Siegfried had seemingly abandoned the hardened veteran vibe, but it soon returned. However with his newly gained knowledge it was difficult even for him to hide his inquisitive self.

"What kind of training did you receive? From the looks of it, that weapon you carry isn't necessarily standard issue. Too well balanced and the runes would be expensive to produce in greater volume I'm sure. Also your armor is too well fitted to be mass produced..." Siegfried was hoping he was right about his perception from earlier, yet terrified at the same time. If it was true, then there were going to be dozens more questions to follow. He'd have to steel himself and remain focused.

Faeed's chin rose but an inch at the flinch, it hardly went unnoticed with the elf staring at his every movement. The restraint he tried to hide only caused his head tilt faintly. Though he kept his form still for the moment, the metal not moving at this moment. 

"I was born for battle...I was the High Commander of the Arias Royal Legion...How are you bound to Uriel?"

His speech was quick and hardened as the words fell from his lips. The words punctuated with a haste.

"He created me, a pretty fair trade I'd say. You were there when it happened." The stars were out, he watched them as they twinkled, the difference in what he was seeing versus what he's used to was interesting to him. "Although it's even more complicated than that.  As are most things..."

He contemplated for a while what he would want to ask next, his attention still on the armor. He was confident he knew, but wanted to make sure.

"What is the 'High Commander of the Arias Royal Legion? I didn't take you for a royal, but that's what age and experience does to you." He chuckled again, he looked over to Uriel who slept only a few feet from him. He looked peaceful and smiled at Uriel. "It makes you put things into perspective..."

"It is merely a position...I am...was merely a member of a High Court...One does not require Royal blood to uphold a position deemed..." 

Faeed pushed himself off the tree now, his arms falling to his side before he moves a bit closer to the other two, his armor resounding at times before he lowers into a squat beside Siegfried, at least within an arms reach now.

"One isn't merely 'created' as a Royal out of thin air..." His tone holding the tone of cynic but his gaze was locked now on Uriel for but a silent moment, his gaze then returning back towards Siegfried. "Unlike you..."

His own fingers now curled around a blade of grass but doesn't pull it free from the ground. His lips part with a mild hesitation before he sighs gently and looks away. "I became High Commander because of the skills I have...I was the best fit to the position at the time...And so...that was what I did..."

He looked back at Uriel again before rising and moving towards the fire, tossing some more wood and dried grass on it to keep its warmth going for the exhausted man before moving back to Siegfried. "What is he?"

Siegfried smiled, each noise the armor made further confirmed his suspicions until he no longer needed to ask. It was clear, it was mythril. He contemplated his answer as usual, making sure that he gives Faeed enough without giving too much. There was a problem though. Siegfried didn't know everything there was to know about Uriel. He only knew what Uriel does and what Siegfried had learned through his life outside of this creation.

"Uriel is more important than you could ever imagine..." He looks away from Faeed and to Uriel again. This time not looking back, he mumbles to himself. "What are you doing here..."

After a few moments he speaks again, this time more clearly. "What memory was brought to you earlier? You know, the one that got you up off your feet, that started this interview of each other?"

"It was the night of the battle with the Descu..." he paused for a moment before looking towards Siegfried. "Giants..." he clarified. He looked to side a moment before he took a careful seat near the tall man. He to was guarded with his answers and he didn't want to give to much information, but didn't want to be held in fault. "It was the largest number of warriors in one of Belias commands...and the last time we were assigned together..."

He would raise his eyes to the moon that began to peek over the treetops. " I don't understand how she came to where she is...how...these two came to cross their paths?" His lips purse for a moment before he looks away. " Things happen for a reason...but....what was the purpose of all of this?"

Siegfried thought on the word giant for a few moments. It seemed to be directed at him, which he wasn't used to. He kind of laughed in his head at the idea, but brushed it off quickly. Siegfried welcomed Faeed sitting next to him, keeping sure not to show any hostility toward the elf.

"Then you and I are the same in that regard. Neither of us know why our friends came together." Siegfried chuckled and looked over to Faeed. He followed his gaze to the moon, still remaining relaxed on the grass. "Yet here we are, working together toward a common goal. To save Belia, protect Uriel. I think that we can at least determine our purpose in this would you agree?"

A soft subtle sound of agreement escapes Faeed before he looks to Siegfried with an expression on consensus. "I will assist in protecting Uriel...if it means getting Belia back from the 'Sartrim'..." His eyes travel back towards Uriel before a nod is given. "I vow this on Elven Honor..."

He then leaned back on his arms before he looks towards Siegfried, a stern look back on his features again. "But I need to know what my companions are capable of...and for you to know what I and Belia can do...Then we will work as a team...instead of against each other...How do you want to go about this?"

His eyes watched Siegfried, looking for any hesitation or ill intent. Thus far, he had proved himself pretty trustworthy...but one can never be to careful…

"Are you suggesting we spar?" Siegfried laughed.

Unfortunately Siegfried's laugh stirred Uriel in his slumber. This caused Siegfried to immediately stop, lock his electric eyes with Faeed, then smile and laugh much quieter.

"Is that what your people do?" A chuckle escaped from Faeed as well before he looks to Uriel, his silencing at the movement. "Perhaps we are not so different after all...but each culture has their own way...and it seems...any little noise disturbs the youth...but I don't fear you....let that be known..."

"We do sometimes, only after signing an agreement and most times it's to the death. I don't want to kill you though, it would leave a bad impression on Uriel and I can't have that." Siegfried boasts confidently. It seems he feels he could take Faeed in a fight, a very competitive response for sure. "What did you have in mind then?"

A warriors chuckle would fill the night sky, one heard commonly around the camps Faeed had been in before, one warrior boosting to another. It was a pleasant feeling for him to experience again and it was obvious now. Instead, he rose and removed his belt, the sheaths holding the blades still before he set them on the ground near Siegfried but with enough distance to suggest the shouldn't be touched. "Lets start with our closest 'allies'. Question..for a question I believe you stated before...correct?"

Sitting back down, he grabbed the sheaths and drew them close to himself now. "Your blades...from what I was able to observe...are unique to these parts..."

"Ah yes, you got me there. Would you believe me if I told you I made them myself?" He didn't bluff. "Only the finest materials, the greatsword is named Benevolence. I'm assuming you don't read Aurorian, but that's what the writing says on the blade. It's heavy, but you don't fight with it like a normal blade. To use it optimally you have to let momentum and gravity do the work."

Siegfried gestures to the blade with three filled holes in it, filled with gold alloy used to strengthen it. Siegfried remembered back to what had happened and how those holes had appeared. He subconsciously rolled his left shoulder as if reliving the moment again, but it didn't seem to bother him too much. He then gestures to the kan blade with the chain dagger attached. It was a fine craft indeed.

"That one is my symbol as King of Aurora, I etched my name and title into the blade so that no one would question who it belonged to." He seemed proud of that one, even though it seemed impractical Siegfried seemed quite proficient with it in the earlier fight. "And what of you then, who and what crafted your gear?"

Faeed listened to the words he shared on his defenses, a look of appreciation crossing his face when Siegfried mentioned having constructed his own weaponry. There was a certain appreciation that one warrior could hold for completion of task such as that. He pulled the longsword free from its black, ornate sheath. The sheath itself had rubies enlayed into its blackness, but the blade seemed to sing as it was removed. The hilt, though, of the long silver blue etched blade would be easy to catch the eye. Different runes meaning elements and a few that made not much sense to have on the hilt.

"This is Severance...it is said to be forged by an ancient litch..." Upon closer examination, the symbol on the back of his armor is seen etched into the hilt of the blade as well. He then pulls free his short sword, the blackness of the blade matching the sheath it was once encased in. "And this...this is Rose....and she is unpredictable as can be...even for me..." He would chuckle at his own words before he lays them both on the ground in front of him. "And I am not certain who made such a 'mad' sword as this..." Belias symbol is seen engraved on that sword as well. "But she gave this to me at our first battle....Rose has saved my hide several times...and i can't really explain how..."
"They are both beautiful in their own rights. A little dark for my taste, but functionality is more important for obvious reasons." Siegfried admired Faeed's weapons. The history behind them was strong and worth the admiration. He didn't know the runes, but his guess was enhancements of sorts. One thing that seemed to bother however...

"So, you say a litch created Severance?...What brought it into your possession then?" Siegfried knew he had asked to questions, but the first was now rhetorical.

Faeed tilted his head as his fingers danced over the blade of Severance. This question was not a new one by any means to Faeed and yet it was always the most interesting one due to the reaction of his answer. He traced Belias symbol for a moment before sheathing first Severance and then Rose.

"In some lands...you keep what you kill...." His eyes would then lift to study his companion for a moment. "Your bothered by its nature....why is that?"

*...Uriel...* Her voice would seem different, weakened even. It seemed strained even as it entered his dream. In the distance of his dreams mind, there would be a figure on its knees, its head lowered to the unseen ground. Flashes of light would flutter by in a random sort, causing a disorientation for his dream mind.

"Where I come from, the undead, necromancy, and anything affiliated with such evils are a come punishable by death." His words were harsh, but not coming from a noble. Instead he sounded like a patriot for his lands. "Such is the way things are on Auror..."

Uriel stirred only slightly, seemingly finding a more comfortable position, he turned away from the fire to warm his other side. He faced away from them now.

Within Uriel's dream, he had been lost in a wonderful world. It was beautiful and carried a powerful fantasy about it. Little did he know that this was all his creation. He had been soaring through the high mountains, snow glimmering on the caps of the mountains beneath him. The world he was experiencing was interrupted by the sudden grounding of seeing Belia. He stopped, lowering himself to the ground. She spoke his name, he listened. Worry filled his mind which altered his dream. The mountains melted, bringing only a sinking darkness.

"Then I suppose we are fortunate to not have this on...Auror?" The word tumbled from his lips awkwardly but he watched Siegfried with a mutual respect. He understood the tone the man took and it honestly didn't bother him any, it was a reaction he was used to by now. "And we are fortunate...it is not in the litchs hands either..."

Rising up, her laces the belt back around his waist, his armor clinking with his movements as he cinched the belt back down and shifted the sheaths into their proper place. The moon had moved across the tops of the trees before beginning to settle behind the opposite trees, it was now just a few hours before dawn.

"I will need time for Reverie...Please pardon my absence..." Faeed glances to Uriel as he adjusts his posture and then nods towards him before looking back to Siegfried. "You will have to tend to him in my absence...as I will be...unavailable..." With his words, he took off into the woods a small bit, the sounds of him climbing a tree could be heard before he settled into a position suitable for his meditation.

The darkness of the setting seemed like it was capable of grabbing his form. As if the darkness itself was a living thing. The occasional burst of light would cause reflections off the shackle cuffs that were embedded within her wrists. From the angle he was at, he wouldn't be able to see the reflecting light off the ankle shackle cuffs. Her form would shudder as it stayed upon its knees and the words would seem to do the same, fading in and out. *...safe...caution...do not....'Sartrim'...* The form would take in a loud shaky breath as the darkness began to grow thicker it seemed.

Siegfried only watched as Faeed prepared to leave. He had no intentions of leaving Uriel alone. He didn't know what this Reverie was, but he let him leave. Siegfried watched Uriel for the remainder of the night, he wasn't tired, not at the moment. Carefully Siegfried would observe the surrounding area, he paid close attention to the little details and was quite capable of identifying what noises were what and what movements were simply shadows from the slowly dieing fire.

Uriel tried to fight against this darkness, one advantage to Uriel was that this was still his dream. However he wasn't lucid at the moment. Therefore he could only keep himself safe through his subconscious. That didn't keep the darkness from helping him away from Belia though, he tried reaching out to her, he tried to speak, but words didn't come out. He wanted to know what it meant. He needed to know. She was warning him, but over what?

Belias form would continue to twitch as she remained kneeled, her form seeming exhausted. The darkness would begin to wrap around her arms before her head snap back suddenly. One eye would mildly glow its usual green and the other would have black wisps coming forth from its socket. * …Go…..Now!* The last word would be shouted before a scream escapes the dream form of Belia.

|---Belias Real Form---|

Belia’s form stood still in the cell after her form consumed the Shade essence, swaying slightly side to side before her eyes opened. The usualy green orbs were consumed with the black wisps, her muscles stiff and unwavering in their tension. This form was exhausted, and needs to rest, something this Sartari woould have to get used too.

Taking awkward steps towards the door, her form would twitch gently; her hand raises to tap the nails on the hand upon the wooden door. The brute on the other side stepped up towards the door, his hand raising towards the wood before he rests his head against the wooden door. He hesitated to release the being within, uncertain if it was Belia or not.

A slammed fist on the door before her lips parted, the pink tongue within her mouth licking her dry lips before a shaky breath enters the lungs. “Open the door….Rasbrent….” The words were loud enough to be heard on the other side of the door, the form now leaning against the magic laced door. A growl would escape her as she waited for the brute on the other side.

The name caused his eyes to widen before he moved to seize the dagger from his boot. He rose to a gem on the door and proceeds to try and pry the stone free. The magic bound made it difficult but after several minutes, the stone pops free and the magic barrier falters. He rushes to open the door, his form catching Belia’s body as it tumbles forth. “Queen Isace….?”

Her eyes would open to look up to him before the exhaustion of the nights activities drained what energy she had left. Picking her up, Rasbrent begins to walk down the hallway, the chains dragging on the floor. He carries her up several floors of the tower before kicking open a door. The room was luxurious, fit for royalty some would say, decorated in tones of black and gray. He laid her form upon the bed before bringing a blanket up to cover her form.

All of these actions seemed routine for him, as if he had done this many times before and knew what to expect after the events the night held. Rasbrent stared at her for a few moments before walking towards the door and closing it; his form standing in front of it protectively now. His lips would purse for a moment before he would find himself wandering back into his own thoughts.