Spy Academy [Reserved for xBlackxAcex]

xBlackxAcex

Re: Spy Academy [Reserved for xBlackxAcex]

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:11 am

Andreas didn't pry farther if she didn't want to talk about it. He thought he could make an effort and be nice, but the less talking there was, he couldn't complain. Though he'd appreciate not being circled around like he was prey, he only wore a hoodie. A hoodie that he may or may not purchase, he had to think on it. "What am I suppose to look like?" Raising a brow, he tilted his head back to take off the hood. He didn't expect her to touch him in such a way, at all. He found Iris to be quite bold on this outing despite just hearing his name from him for the first time today. "Not like you're gonna kill the next person that walks in here.'" Sophia's eyes met Andreas briefly before sticking her head down to her phone, busy typing away on the touchscreen. "Oh-oh-oh! I gotta go A. Make sure he buys the clothes, Iris!" Clicking off the phone, Sophia sent a wink to her stone colleague, tapping her nails on her phone like she struck gold. For Sophia, she did, and she didn't need to lose the chance by dragging along extra bodies. "Wait--what? Collins." Andreas sighed as he was left alone with an avalanche of clothes and Iris Shade. He thought Blondie would forget why she came here in the first place, but the tell that blondes were dumb fooled him. "No way in hell I'm buying all this. Shade, help me organize this mess."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:37 am

Iris almost bursts out laughing when the captain asked what he was supposed to look like. Despite her being very nonchalant and accepting the idea that outside the compound, they were all equals, she didn't quite know how to tell Andreas what he looked like all the time. When Sophia perfectly communicated the thought of Iris grinned. Very well said. Before she could say just that Sophia made her request and left. Iris watched her leave and it took her a few seconds to consider she may have found the dating couple. Iris took out her phone and texted Eve quickly Do you mind if people find out about you two? Immediately she got a reply back with Eve's frantic texts, wondering if people saw them or not and where to hide. You guys can leave. I'll probably take the bus home. It'll give me a sense of independence. Iris looked up when the too familiar voice of her captain interrupted her thoughts. She put the phone away and took the clothes.
Okay...I'll help you only if you buy the sweatshirt," she gave him the hanger for the sweatshirt and took the rest from him. She began to diligently put some clothes back on the hangers, fold some and organize them, "I used to work at a department store so this is actually nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see you as the kind of person to agree to go to the mall...especially if it's to help Sophia find a dating couple. I saw you as the kind of person to maybe spend your free time brooding in silence," she shrugged, already through half the clothes.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Andreas walked back into the dressing stall to take off the sweatshirt, the hanger in hand. He didn't want to buy the sweatshirt. He had enough clothes as it was, but it wasn't like he was the ablest to go around the store and put the clothes back into their proper places. 'It's only fair if I do...' He thought the blue wasn't his color, but the German only wore neutrals, so what did he know? Taking the garment off by the hood, he slipped the hanger through the sleeves before he draped it over his shoulder. "You're right, but Maunu and Collins subbed for me. I owe them a favor especially since they had to deal with you brats." Andreas came up beside her and looked at her handiwork. "Hm, if you were only this fast in training." The snide comment made in observation. The clothes were not lazily put back or piled on top of the displays. The effort was neat and coordinated, and he was pleased that he wouldn't have to be in the store for a minute longer. It was a pity that Iris's other work experience didn't translate over. He didn't speak after that and left to go check out. Walking out of the Forever21, he noticed something swaying against his back, and he stopped out front. He dropped the yellow shopping bag to the floor and balanced on the wall to see what was behind him. 'Crap, it's Blondie's bag.' Andreas sighed and slung the straps over his shoulders again after shoving the purchased hoodie inside the pack. He sent a voice message via text to Sophia about her forgotten purse, and he received a playful text back. Keep it. It makes you look cute [insert blowing kiss emoji] And his phone vibrated two more times with very blurry pictures. He had to squint to make out the subject in the photo, but he guessed it was the couple. He scoffed and chuckled. He couldn't tell who they were, but he was wrong about it being Iris. 'Why am I relieved about that?' Shaking his head, he convinced himself otherwise and swept it under the rug. He waited for Iris to finish putting the clothes back.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:33 am

Iris shook her head as she just about finished organizing everything. The clothes Sophia had given the captain to try, she wasn't surprised he hadn't wanted to try them on. It still would have been fun if he did, but she wasn't surprised he hadn't. When he came out of the stalls and didn't oppose buying the blue sweatshirt, Iris was surprised. He's actually going to buy it... A slow grin spread across her face as she lifted the rest of the clothes she had left and taken them back to where they belonged. Her grin remained even when he called her class brats as he explained why he had allowed himself to be dragged around like a sack of potatoes for much of the day. When he commented on her handiwork, her grin faltered. It took a lot of effort to hold it up and even more willpower not to retaliate with a smart reply or a physical response. Knowing him, he would see a physical response coming a mile away and a verbal retaliation would probably not affect him in any way.
She watched him go check out on his crutches and momentarily wondered just how strong he was. She knew he had plenty of physical strength, that was unarguable. Mental strength, however, was something else. Watching his back, Iris couldn't help but think how much willpower it must have taken to get where he was now: the best in the organization. She wanted to get to that point. It was then she realized that no matter how many snide comments she received from him, how many harsh treatments and mistreatments, she respected him. He was what she had been looking up to become in the months she had been at training.
She jumped out of her thoughts when she realized she couldn't see the captain anymore and wondered if he had left her. She took a few steps in the direction she had seen him last and paused, once again surprised. Wow. He waited... Iris smiled lightly, continuing to walk over. She nudged a bit, though it was more like a light shove since she was barely tall enough to reach his shoulders. "I'm surprised. You waited for me. I thought you left me by now, especially since it was Sophia that brought me along. Thanks," she took the bag from him in return to save from any further embarrassment. "You know, I'm starting to think you're kind of a nice guy, Andreas," she said his name for the first time, testing how it sounded. Dang, feels like I have so much power. I think I like Captain more though...

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:44 am

Andreas turned accordingly to the left where Iris was leaving the store. 'Finally, my leg was gonna fall asleep hmph.' Pushing off the wall in recoil to the push, he was going to say something rude before the trainee took the feminine bag from him. If he knew that minuscule details about a person's romantic relationship were the key to distract Blondie from him, he'd intervened a lot sooner. However, he saved the dirty tricks under his sleeve for another time. With Sophia on her goose chase, he could reunite with his comfortable bed and sleep till the next morning. He was bound to the mall exit point and get out of the body-infested place. "I was never a bad guy to start with, Shade." He put emphasis on the word bad to substitute his inability to draw air quotes. He was the captain and an academy instructor. He sometimes shouted and yelled, hit the trainees; a few times too hard. But Andreas didn't constitute that behavior to be "bad". Then, a past memory washed up on the surface of his mind, and he shook his head slightly to himself; humored. 'Okay, I take that back, sure.' The corner of his mouth curled into a smirk. "I'm leaving now, so how would you get back to the compound? Unless you want to be here on your own."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:36 am

Iris rocked on her toes when they reached the exit. "You weren't a bad guy?" She lifted a bad guy as if waiting for him to realize something. Then he admitted it and imagine that. Why's he smirking like that? She shook her head, "Unbelievable. Of course, you're taking it back. That smirk matches that blue sweatshirt perfectly, captain," She checked the time on her phone. All she had wanted was some ice cream but she had also told Eva to go ahead back to camp without her. She paused her rocking and her hand found one of her braids, absentmindedly playing with it. It was a habit she picked up from her mother, the need to touch her hair when in serious thought, nervousness, or frustration. "Good question. I think I can take a taxi back...right? Taxi's are allowed at the compound? Because the people I came with are probably gone by now, and I would like to get more ice cream before I leave. I don't know the next time I'll be able to get some...how are you getting back? Did you drive here? Wouldn't you be leaving Sophia behind if you leave now? " she asked him pointedly. She shrugged, "Weelll, I do want some independent time anyway so I might just take a taxi back. If it's not allowed I'll just walk the rest of the way back. How far can it be? A mile? Two miles?" She shrugged.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:30 am

"You're eating more ice cream? You're gonna get sick." Andreas watched Iris consume a large cup of ice cream--diabetes a little over an hour ago, and he was sick to the stomach at thought of eating that amount of sugar in a day. He'd be completely satisfied with the one serving she had. He wondered how she wasn't at the moment since she was so small. "You're gonna walk back? Really? It's 16 miles, Shade. Just come back with me; that's less trouble for everyone." He raised his thick brows. At best, a 25-minute car ride wasn't terrible as it's faster transportation, but he has walked from this mall to camp before. Granted, he wasn't as strong as he was now when he did, but he wrecked his leg doing it. He was confined to a wheelchair for two weeks, and he got a face full of hell rain from his teacher at the time. Sophia could handle herself, so he wasn't pressed to desert her at the mall besides it wasn't the first time he left her somewhere. On the other hand, Iris was his student, and under circumstances where he wasn't trying to prepare for a possible spy war, he'd probably let the girl loose. It was the higher-ups whispering with rumors and hush about probable threats and the instructors just followed the proceedings as they were told. Make some damn good spies, and that he was an expert at that. "Is your livings quarters not enough solitude for you?" Allowing Shade to walk back to the compound? He was going to be deemed irresponsible at that point, and it was out of the question. For several moments, he assessed the best course of action to take without getting his head on a stick by his superiors. "I can't let you be by yourself, but I'm willing to make a deal with you."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:28 am

Iris couldn't help but grin at his response of her eating more ice cream. It was very unexpected because she expected him to just wave her away and leave. "Sick? If I didn't know any better, I would assume you care about my health, captain," she chuckled. It was nice to get out of the compound, even for a little bit. Whatever Iris did, it was essential for her to be good at it. Studies, activities, etc. She was competitive, with herself. Not being able to come out on top in practice with Andreas had taken a huge toll on her. She had gotten better in the last few months with accepting it, but it's mostly been ignoring it through working harder and constantly training outside of practice. Her confidence was low and she wasn't as bright. Just being out, going to the mall and doing things the way she used to make her feel like she used to. She felt airy, free, totally at peace with everything and it was the most amazing feeling ever. It felt like it had been taken away from her these past few months.
"Hmm...I'm good. I'd like to soak in as much of this as I can before I go back to not being good enough," she shrugged like it was such a regular thing to throw into a conversation. "It's not about solitude. Have you ever willingly been alone, in a place full of people? You get to observe everything, and there's something really calming about feeling like you're looking into the world. There's a difference between that and being stuck in a confined space..." The was thinking hard about the words that came out of her mouth when she heard him say he wanted to make a deal with her.
"Oh really? I'm listening," she waited for him to continue.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:17 am

Iris's words didn't process well in his mind; he wasn't a shrink. He wasn't the best shoulder to lean on since he wasn't empathetic. A distraught childhood wired feelings and emotions differently in his head. However, he had a gist on what she was spouting about. He experienced a depressing low when he first became an amputee and a spy candidate, so he went on that. He was clueless about social cues and feelings, but he was aware of Iris Shade's activities outside of the training hall. He never stayed and watched her for more than a minute since he didn't want her to know that he did observe her. He also intended to keep it that way, so that she could continue without the added pressure. The captain saw the potential that the infamous daughter had and that she was striving towards a goal. She was trying. Hard work, dedication, and consistency. He was reminded of his younger self when he felt weak, not good enough, worthless. He was ill and drove his body to extremes, not understanding what he was missing. Iris was different from him in that aspect; she had two worlds whereas he had only one. Focusing his gaze on Iris, he narrowed his eyes. "You are the only daughter of the Shade family. However, more importantly, you're one of my students. And you're absolutely right that you're not good enough." Andreas hummed, pursing his lips as he tried to find a way to say what he needed to say without screwing himself over. "But if you want to change that, I can seriously teach you. Outside of normal training. And I'll take you to the mall when you feel distant, so don't feel like today is your last day in the real world."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Iris rolled her eyes at his first words. A Shade, of course. It was funny how most of her life her last name had been just that, the last name. Now she found out that her last name meant more. It meant she belonged to a family of honored spies and she had no idea about. Although her parents put no pressure on her to uphold the title, she put that pressure on herself. When he continued to speak she paused, listening. When he mentioned she wasn't good enough Iris wasn't as affected as she thought she would be. If anything, she was thankful that he said the bare truth like that. Despite how Iris was, she always wanted the truth. The truth was the only thing that could make her work harder and actually benefit her.
"I know, captain. You don't have to-" but she stopped as he continued. His next words were a shock to her to the point that she didn't know what to say for a few seconds. She considered asking if he was serious but knowing him, he was definitely serious. It took her a while to come up with a good answer that communicated how her gratefulness. "Wow...I would actually really appreciate that. To be honest, I was starting to think all the extra practice was getting me nowhere." The second part was the part she didn't know how to respond to. Because it was nice. It was something he didn't have to do, and yet he was suggesting it. Though she wanted to hug him or something for wanting to help, she knew that would be the wrong way to go.
So she smiled, "Well, if you put it that way, there's no reason for me to stay then. And I'm not going to make it a big deal because you're so," she waved her hands all around him, pointing out the fact that he rarely every smiled and was always so stiff. But she found a better word, "Cool. Any hugs might melt your coolness," she chuckled, "We can go then...can we start extra practice when we get back? I'm feeling pretty motivated," she asked.