Spy Academy [Reserved for xBlackxAcex]

xBlackxAcex

Re: Spy Academy [Reserved for xBlackxAcex]

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am

"Go on, do your worst." Andreas was confused for a moment, but he chuckled when he didn't give them any instructions on how to proceed. 'Oh, right.' With a smirk, he shook his head adjusting his posture on his crutches. It was a shame that he couldn't use his baton; it would have an optimal day to do so. He didn't fret; he settled on planning on using his crutches as a substitute. Double the fun. "I'd assume you all know each other somewhat by now. Get in pairs, groups. Doesn't matter." He started going around the room with lengthy swings. "Provoke and hone in on each other's weaknesses." Before a trainee could ask the mighty predictable question, it was clear on a few of their faces. He had several doubts about a candidate or two becoming certified agents that he prayed that they were going to be able to make it to the end. He stopped where he was. "Can't find one? Make one. Take advantage of them."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:51 am

Iris watched her captain, waiting for instructions like the rest of the candidates in the room. Akash immediately picked Ava and gave Iris a smile that said 'Sorry, but I picked first'. She rolled her eyes and looked around, opting for the only other person that wasn't paired. Ironically, it was one of the Nguyen brothers, the older one. She stopped herself from rolling her eyes at the pick of fate she ended up with. She caught his smirk right before he lunged at her before she was even ready and she immediately knew what he was trying to do: get her annoyed. Iris kept her cool like a kid saving up for a toy; she piled her annoyances on top of each other in a big box that she would later use to launch a series of strikes. She dodged all his moved, focusing on her defense and in turn just annoying him instead. He was hitting air almost every time and she could tell it was getting to him even though his stony expression may as well have resembled the captains'.
"I thought you were the best," she grinned as she dodged another one of his kicks. She added to the annoyance by swatting his leg away instead of just allowing it to fall. "Eee!" She squealed a little with combined laughter as she ducked between his legs just as he threw two consecutive punches towards her. It seemed that seeing her having fun while he worked hard to no avail did the trick. His chest rose and fell faster and his eyes narrowed in the slightest show of expression. She then thought of every time they had fought together, every loss she sustained. It was all going to be returned. For the third day, she thought as she tripped him as a distraction and gave a quick swift uppercut and a kick that followed. She was fast and she used that to her advantage. Attack and move get out of range, repeat. Nguyen's weakness what that he didn't like to lose. That was Iri's too, yet she had already lost so many times, it no longer was about not losing.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 am

Watching the bunch tussle with each other and spar ignited a spark in the captain's body that he wanted to throw a couple of blows too. However, his crutches did not put him in the most favorable spot to go rogue and mess with a trainee. He exhaled a disappointing sigh, glancing over at how Iris was doing. 'What a coincidence. Nguyen brother number one and Shade." Her evasive techniques were average, good enough. On the other hand, he wasn't surprised when Nguyen was slowly losing his composure. He chuckled under his breath and looked around for somebody he could pick on. He caught Segnou sitting against the wall, catching a breather. but he decided to let the heavy guy have a minute. Instead, he watched Iris closely. Andreas took note that Nguyen's brother, K. Nguyen was the more erratic hothead, but he could easily just be as peeved. "Are you really going to let Shade beat you, Nguyen? She's nearly half your weight and a female. Not that a person's sex matters." His tone said otherwise. Nguyen was one of his top candidates and ruthless. He didn't follow a fair playbook. "D'ya know something I don't, Cap?" Sweating, the water trailed down his face as Nguyen worked to snag Iris with a sweeping kick. "Yeah, want to know?"

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 am

Iris felt a stare at the back of her head, yet she ignored it. Because she knew who it was. Because she didn't want to get distracted. Because she was following his rules as he had laid them out. Her attention was all on the guy in front of her. He wasn't losing his temper enough to be reckless, just enough to have Iris besting him for now. If she didn't figure out another way, he would eventually realize it and try to pick at her weakness which she knew we're obvious.
Yet somehow the captain felt the need to point it out when he drifted over to the. She spared him no acknowledgement as she continued to evade Nguyen. She hoped to take advantage of the captain distracting him but he seemed very well versed in the art of multitasking. A little tick of annoyance went off in her head when the captain kept speaking. He seemed very talkative this morning. She didn't know what they were talking about but she wanted to incapacitate Nguyen before he could regain all his focus. She was slowing down which meant she had only a few moves left before she was pummeled. The girl caught his leg and used some of her acrobatics skills to twist his leg a little and then let go as she twisted to his other side. Since it was sparing she figured breaking a leg wasn't on the agenda though she was sure Nguyen wouldn't have hesitated.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu May 16, 2019 11:11 pm

"Nah, I got it." Nguyen shot over a glance at Andreas where he stood waiting for his answer. He was top rank, and he knew Iris' weakness right off the bat. The German tilted his head to the side a few degrees and tsked his tongue; an irritable itch climbing up his neck. 'Cocky bastard.' He thought on several circumstances grabbing Nguyen by his double cowlick and smashing his face in as a lesson. As an academy instructor, he was not allowed to participate in violent "vendettas" as agreed by in his terms and conditions. Vogt was sure that the conceited Asian prodigy wouldn't listen, and or take the credit for his point in a bath of arrogance. Though it was obvious, Andreas told him anyway, then he moved on to the next pair. "She's getting tired. I'd finish her now if I were you."

Nguyen was going to finish Shade flat in the next thirty seconds, and he didn't need a cripple to tell him that. He'd take Andreas seriously once the captain reciprocated respect to him. 'Whatever, what's with his shirt?' Clearing his head from all thoughts and cleaning up his stance, he bounced his leg to test its motion and resume regular blood flow. Nguyen saw the opening in Iris' delayed movements and caught her straight punch in the bend of his elbow and forearm. His specialty was Muay Thai, and he was ranked number one in the Welterweight class by the World Boxing Council to prove it. Putting pressure on her elbow, he twisted her arm. Coming out of the cross-switch. he transitioned to knocking her in the face. Blocking her arm from striking him again with the outside of his wrist, he hurriedly dragged his forearm across her cheek. "I am the best, Shade. Don't forget that for a second."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:05 am

Annoyance prickled in Iris's mind as she focused on Nguyen. She hadn't looked at the captain once but she still felt his presence. He had already lingered around more than usual and she wanted him to get away so she could spar. When he finally left she wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead. As the series of movements from Nguyen took place Iris's eyes narrowed. She hissed in pain as he twisted her arm. She tried to duck, but she was too distracted by the pain in her arm that she felt the fist across her face. She ignored the throbbing that ensured after and glades at her opponent.
She was practically finished. Save for her legs, but she wasn't in the right position to be kicking.
"Shut up," she drop kicked him, using only her two legs. The momentum carried them both a few feet from each other. Iris didn't hesitate to jump on top of up, returning the punch he gave her earlier to his own face before rolling him over. In the process of rolling over she took both his arms in hers, twisting them, and pressing her legs down on one of his leg. It was a classic move that she has seen her coach use several times in her mixed martial arts class. She pulled at everything, pressing her leg firmly to his keeping him from moving and pulling his arms tighter together. "Tap out," she muttered to Nguyen.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri May 17, 2019 4:01 am

"Not a chance." Nguyen grunted out, turning his head to the side so he wouldn't suffocate in the mat. He couldn't get out of the submission. Kicking his legs out didn't work since Shade trapped his leg. One leg wasn't enough strength to shake Iris off. The more he struggled, the tighter his arms, increasing the strain on his shoulders got. Becoming a light red color in his skin, not a lot of air was coming into his body, and veins protruded from his neck. He wasn't gonna tap out.

Andreas got Segnou off the wall and messed with the poor fellow. Blitzing the dark-skinned male with his crutches seeing if he could keep up or not. "I better not see on my wall again, Segnou. I don't do breaks here." The captain nodded his head over his shoulder at a pair who looked about done with their sparring match as were a couple of others. Everyone was just about finished. "You two let Mr. McDouble practice a few moves. Show him when enough is enough." He turned back to the candidate who was looking at him incredulously. "Are you calling me fat?" Andreas didn't say it outright, but he was not kidding; he meant what he said. The trainee was free to interpret how he liked whatever made him sleep at night. He raised his right crutch, pointing at Segnou, then behind him. "Get to it."

"Anh!" Big brother! K. Nguyen shouted for his older brother, jogging to him. Sweat drenched the neckline of his shirt, and Nguyen was getting pinkier in his face, but a dark look in his eyes stopped the little brother from interfering with his spar. "Don't dare come closer Khang." Nguyen tried once more to get out of the hold but to no avail. The commotion was unavoidable for the Captain to see what was all the non-related fighting sounds were happening. And not people actually learning and applying their skills to a partner. Gesturing an irked brother to hold back, Andreas sighed and frowned. 'Nothing surprises me anymore.' His eyes narrowed at the arrogant bastard being shoved into the floor. "Tap out Nguyen. She's got you cornered." The outcome was inevitable; Nguyen was prolonging his utter defeat. He should've been smarter and stop being so over his head."Hmph-ph, my ass she does. This ni--" Andreas' nostrils flared, and he wished Nguyen kept on talking, so he'd report misconduct. "I strongly suggest you stop right there candidate. Iris, get up." Overruling the match, he called Nguyen as a forfeit before he fell unconscious.

"What Vogt? Do I make you pissed? Why is it that? Nobody can say anything bad about your favorite trainee besides you?" Andreas bit his tongue, and his jaw ticked as Nguyen stuck his chin out at the captain. "Don't deny it. I know you only submitted one name to the board for your mid-term eval. Any takers to guess who it is? Because I thought it was me, but no. It was Iris- fucking- Shade." Nguyen spurred murmurs around the room, and he faked grabbing and pulling at Andreas' crutch to make him lose balance. The German acted with superior reflexes to cement his grip before he tipped over. "How hard is it to control yourself? Cause I have to say you keep your emotions pretty good intact." Andreas was flabbergasted on how much a male's mouth could run, and he was oblivious to what Nguyen was trying to accuse him of.

"Training's dismissed for the day. Everybody leave." He wasn't going to let a boy disrespect him and spout what he thinks he knows. "Why? Scared I'll say something?"

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 am

Iris cursed in her head when she saw the other brother coming close. That would be so unfair if he tried to join in to save his brother. None of this would even be happening if the stupid guy would just tap out! How hard was it? Under normal circumstances he would have been dead and made utterly useless. If he tapped out and was taken hostage by the enemy at least he could find means of escape, be useful and still be alive. However the other brother stayed behind. Iris knew better than to loosen her hold even a little, despite the sweat that now drenched her hair, face, neck and pretty much her whole body. She was overexerting herself just to keep his large body down with hers. If it wasn't for the technique, strength alone would have done nothing to help her here.
However, she heard the familiar voice of her captain. Like the times before, Iris ignored it, waiting for the guy she had in her clutches to just give you already. When Nguyen began to reply, she felt some ringing in her eyes at his Curt off word. She squeezed his arms back more in a silent yet deadly move. She squeezed until she heard the captain say her name. She released Nguyen before she had the chance to think about whether or not she really wanted to do that. My body constantly tries to betray me, she thought bitterly.

If looks could kill, Nguyen would have already been dead from Iris's intense glare. However the candidate's accusations against the captain mad where turn around to look at him. At first, her anger was replaced by confusion. He was wearing the shirt. And now that she saw it on him in such a serious situation, she couldn't help but notice how completely absurd he looked in it. Any other time, when would have laughed, nudges him and said something about it. But a flashback to the day before and all humor was gone from her mind. He probably ran out of clothes or forgot to do laundry. Either way, there must be a perfectly good reason completely unrelated to her why he wore they shirt.

Was Iris was interested in was finding out what Nguyen was spewing on about. Favorite candidate? She begged to differ. Nothing came out of her mouth however as she watched the scene unfold. No matter how interested she was in whatever Nguyen was going on about and the captain, she was too keen to focus on the lesson Andrew's had taught her yesterday: she was here for one thing and one thing only. She would let them go at it. But first...

Iris kicked Nguyen in the only weakness area obvious to every man, "I just kicked your butt, stop whining." Consequence be damned, her parents reprimanding be damned, any other disciplinary actions be damned. There was only a couple of weeks left in the training program before they all became official spies. Ava came behind Iris and took her hand, "Let's go, Iris. Training's over..." Even though people were starting to get ready to leave, no one was actually leaving, curious to hear what Nguyen had to say.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 pm

"Scared? You think I'm scared of whatever you have on me? You don't know anything. You're wasting my time. All of our time." Andreas hit his crutch on the floor roughly, feeling his blood pressure rising. If there wasn't anything that irked his nerves more than talking was people like Nguyen. "Oh but I do know something. You guys want to know what it is?" Gritting his teeth, he looked around the room, and none of the candidates made moves to leave. His blood boiled, and it threatened to bubble over.

"Are you deaf? What part of leave did the lot of you not understand?" His knuckles wrapped white around the handgrips of his crutches. "Let them stay. Cause they'd want to know why less than half of us will become official spies. I did my research Captain." Arching a brow, Andreas called Nguyen's bluff. What did a new trainee know that he didn't? He wasn't much of a talker, so his past and secrets he kept to himself mostly. A stern expression pasted onto his stone features.

"Y'all see, the captain has a 99% success rate on his missions. That's quite the achievement you have there, but I also discovered your overall student count. About 50. There's just about that many of us right here right now. That's not all I found. Report after report of student harassment, abuse, and negligence. When I tried to dive in the files, I was denied access and redirected to blank pages." Nguyen brushed his sweaty hair away from his forehead. Andreas could hardly focus on the boy's accusations as fatigue drove up to his forearms.

"Students will report anything to try and place instructors in the hot seat constantly. It's not new, and I don't do favorites. But you are correct about one thing. Not all of you will become spies in my name. Those that I feel are not suitable at the end of the period will undergo a reevaluation process and officialize their status or be placed in some other sector of the organization for work." His voice was sharp and clear; his eyes squinted at Nguyen, still not seeing where he was going with his intentions.

"Okay, that's fair enough. One last question, do you have an alcohol problem?" Nguyen's points weren't thoroughly addressed to his liking, but he accepted the little he received for his main complaint. The German amputee rolled his eyes with the amount of talking clogging his ears. The questions were annoying and exhausting his energy. "No, I don't drink. I don't know where you got that from. Now I want everyone to leave my training hall. We're done here." Stretching his fingers around his hand grips, he was about done with this interaction with Nguyen, and anything else he wanted to swamp the captain with, he'd have to plan a consultation appointment with the council.

"Ight, hold on." Nguyen hobbled over to Andreas, grabbing him by his hoodie sleeve. He wanted to scream. "Do you know..." Andreas was going to put an end to this madness; his mind was blank, and he did not have the patience to be around people at the moment. The temptation to jab the kid in the mouth was deadly, but he restrained and bit the inside of his cheek as D. Nguyen closed in near his ear and whispered, "Do the initials O.O mean anything to you Andre?" Andreas' right forearm crutch clattered to the floor as he twisted Nguyen's collar in his fist, now using Nguyen as support. "How and where did you get that name?" The Asian's eyes widened at the sudden reaction, but judging by the tightening grip on his shirt and the piercing stare, he hit a sweet spot. Smirking, he ripped the captain's hand off and stepped back. "Careful there. You're going to be a double cripple if you keep it up." Nguyen laughed and finally left the room with his brother and a few others.

Andreas stumbled, but he used his strength to rely on the one crutch to stay upright. Segnou came up from behind him to pick up the dropped crutch and help Andreas support himself, but the captain rejected the aid. "I swear if all of you don't get out of my sight within ten seconds, you can forget about being a spy." Segnou kicked the crutch further away from the captain and pushed past him in spite, muttering a disgruntled 'fine'. He was next to leave, and within a minute, the room was bare.

Andreas was vexed and needed to blow some steam from the whole situation. Humid, frustration built rapidly, finding the added cause of increased temperature to be Iris' sweatshirt, and it further added to his agitation. Tugging at the damp cotton material haphazardly, he couldn't strip the top without risking toppling over. "Verdammt..." He cursed. His eyes drifted down to the crutch in his unsteady hand then gazed over at the crutch a foot away from him. He huffed a strangled groan while pinching his nose, reflecting on what just happened.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:48 am

Iris felt Ava's pull toward the end when the captain claimed none of them would be spies if they didn't leave his sight at that exact moment. She hesitated, but then shook her head and left anyway. She wasn't going to make a fool out of herself any longer when it came to the captain. She followed her friends quietly, both of the others also a quiet, unable to make of what just happened. The rest of the group yapped on with gossips and rumors. Her eyes caught the Nyguyen brothers walking ahead, the older one carrying one of his arms in the other from the amount of pulling Iris had done. Any moment longer and both his shoulders would have dislocated; she should have done it.

Perhaps Ava saw the look in Iris's eyes and touched her arm gently, "Don't give him the satisfaction of doing something that will get you until trouble. You beat him today, that's already a big win for you." Akash was quiet as they walked and then muttered, "He's not wrong..." Iris stopped dead in her tracks and stared at her friend. Even Ava's eyes narrowed in suspicion. The Indian hurried to correct himself, "About you being Andreas's favorite. That part. "He pays really close attention to you and those idiots up there," he nodded to the Nguyen brothers, "And you know I know you're completely capable, but as of a couple of days ago, they were the best. Why weren't they submitted for the evaluation? Plus, he only helps you outside of training. No one else knows that except Ava and I, but don't you think that classifies as favoritism?"

Iris crossed her arms, her eyes hardening as she made sure her friend understood, "I asked. Trust me when I say, there is no favoritism here. Everything I've gotten from the captain I've had to work for. I asked and proved I wanted the help, heck I needed it. Even that took days before he finally agreed. Did anyone else ask? No. I had the courage to know how much I sucked and did what I could to get better, even when it meant facing that captain when you guys were too scared to do it. I did, and I got the help, and I got better. Where's the favoritism in that? I'm not even at the point where I want to be and guess what? I'll keep bugging him with extra training until I get there. Will you?" she asked Akash, "No." She answered for him. Akash raised his hands up in defense, "Alright alright, I get it. Sorry for coming at you like that...you know everyone here has pressure to be the best." Iris sighed as she brushed her hair behind her ear and forcefully pulled Akash into a hug until he reciprocated it, "I know, man. But we all have to do what we all have to do. There are no shortcuts, for anyone."

Once they parted Iris wasn't tired. She didn't want to eat and be too full for the training afterward or sleep. There wasn't much to do either in the hour before then so she began walking back to the training room. She grabbed two ice cold water bottles from the cafeteria on her way back, sure that in the 10 minutes she had left the training room, the captain will be needing it. Unless he was as superhuman as she thought and somehow, he remained standing with that cold expression he always had. Iris shook her head; either way, as long as she could train. She entered the training room again and saw him trying to take off her sweatshirt. She shook her head as she set one of the water bottles down next to him. Her own was opened, just half the water left already in her bottle from drinking the other half. "Here, I'll just take it back to the store and get your money back," she muttered as she reached for the sweatshirt.