[F] The Elder Guard

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

cz_invazion

Re: [F] The Elder Guard

Post by cz_invazion » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 am

"Oh... Alright then..." James replied to jack. His entire time in the royal army he had always had to think ahead and what might happen, especially when it came to something like this. But jack telling names not to worry was worth something to be noted, did he make him made by bringing it up? Is James not able to give his opinion.yet? He just sort of trailed in confusion with rest the group. But Jack was right he hadn't fought with the group yet, James needed to prove his worth.

As they went on they stopped at a oasis. According to Faye one of the last ones. As James was getting off his horse he heard Faye talk about a creature and said it was like him and Paragal. Quickly James turned around and noticed the walking metal buckler. It was a strange creature that even James had never even heard of, so of course it intrigued him. "Well Faye, I'm guessing he has his iron for much different reasons then we do." James said as he stretched. "Although I will admit, I would like to see it fight something. I didn't get my chance to back at the castle grounds." Be finished as he took a swing from his waterskin.
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

MattieD

Post by MattieD » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Faye laughs "no silly Birdman Faye can crack this open no problem make good soup, The tribe that worships them very hard to fight, refine armor and shield techniques. We close now, leave horses here we go on foot, Quieter." She looks up at the sky the sun was beginning to set casting orange, purple, and red hues on the water. They probably had another hour before the sun fully set and about another 30 or so minutes of travel "Guard rest here before moving on?" Faye asked knowing that her armored companions were probably tired and could use a rest. "We move when dark, best for sneaking." She sat down and removed a cloak from her saddle bag the hide was tan and had a heavy fur mane around the collar. She placed it on the ground before sitting and grabbing the slow moving turtle playing with it by placing it on its back and watching it try to turn itself back over.

QuiteContrary

Post by QuiteContrary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 am

Sneaking. Nakoa scoffed at herself. She should have anticipated that, but for some reason she hadn't. "If we're going to be sneaking about, perhaps I should take this off." Nakoa said as she dismounted and sat along the lake side, her armor clinked with the movement. A part of her was kidding, but another part wasn't. If she did take it off, she'd have to have Jack or James stick close to her and that just wouldn't be fair. The woman huffed. She had planned on hanging back, the bow was a ranged weapon after all. Nakoa removed her metal headband and lay back with her hands behind her head. She watched as the sky changed color, taken in by the allure of it. It was a sight to see and Nakoa hadn't seen anything like it. The sunset in her own land was so different.

"James." She called to the knight, patting the ground beside her. "Tell me...how did you come across such extraordinary weapons? If you're comfortable sharing such information." She was intriqued. Her own bow was nothing special. It was an incredible piece of craftsmanship, but other than it's make, it wasn't special. In fact, it had everything to do with Nakoa's skill. "I know you'll want to join the others in hand to hand combat, but could you hang back with me at first?" Nakoa went on to explain that he would be needed to help eliminate anyone that may be on guard and in close proximity that could catch Nakoa defenseless. "I promise you can join them afterwords." Nakoa smiled. She knew he was eager to prove himself, but this was an important job.
Last edited by QuiteContrary on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
America is not a planet - Marco Rubio

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am

Name was looking onward untill Nakoa spoke and patted the ground. James walked and sat down, it was good to take a load off in his circumstances, carrying all of his armor and what not. Just as he started to put his gear down Nakoa asked about it. "Oh... My gear? We'll Thai will be kind of hard to believe but it was almost by fate." James replied she then went on to explain her idea, which sounded good to James but did cut out of his idea where he could prove himself but he agreed to it. After that he stood up to explain himself.

"My armor, nothing extraordinary, is just knight armor given to me by the loyal armoury. The blue tunic however is my touch to it for it was a gift from my mother when I joined the king's army." He said as he gave a quick overview of it. "I also polish it for it's the respectable thing to do." He finished. He then grabbed his shield and showed her. "This was given to me by my mother when I joined the army, it was the shield my father used and his father before. It also has been blessed by magic long ago." He quickly pointed to the three medals on it and the odd design above them. "This shield has strange powers, when it was given to my mother said this shield is very powerful, if you want something enough the shield will provide, but it must only be used for good. If not the shield won't work. And another thing I learned over the years is that if someone stares into its face long enough they are put in some sort of trance. They will do anything for this shield whether it be drop their weapons or attack their allies they'll do it. When their in a trance that's when I like to strike them with it so they cannot defend themselves." He said with a small laugh. He set the shield down and grabbed his sword. He unsheathed it and did a quick spin of the blade, the sword glowed in the low light. "And this I know you won't believe. It came to me in a dream before I joined the army. I saw a rock as bright as the sun fall from the heavens onto the earth and when I awoke I set out to find it. After three days there it was abandoned in the woods, a few trees knocked over near it landed. Though it was heavy I put it into a cart and brought it to a blacksmith I knew. After being called a fool and many other things he finally helped forge this blade. And surprisingly the royal military still lets me use it to this day." He said as he put the sword back Into it's sheath.

"I suppose my gear is neat but it can't even compare to what you elder guard have! I bet your bow has more mystical power than I could imagine! Tell me what can it do?" James asked. He was very excited to hear an answer, in the back of his mind a thousand different ideas were going off. Maybe it shot an arrow made of pure light that could puncture mountains or maybe the bow itseld could turn into a weapon. He just sat and wait to hear the amazing things it could do.
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

QuiteContrary

Post by QuiteContrary » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:43 am

Nakoa listened with intent as James spoke. His stories were extraordinary and, as he had said, kind of hard to believe. She wondered at the luminescent blade, curious of the material it was made from. A rock from the sky? She had seen falling stars before and wondered. Was it made from a star? And his shield! Passed down from generation to generation. Very old magic. Very strong magic.

When asked about her bow, Nakoa chuckled. "You're partially right, I suppose." Nakoa stood and went to her horse where she unhooked her bow and quiver. "Juniper. Named after the tree used to create it." The woman sat back down, admiring her bow. The arrows in her quiver were of her own unique make. When found on the battlefield, there was no mistaken who's it was. "To be honest, there isn't anything mystical about this thing. I could use any old bow and still get the same results."

Some of the tales told about their weapoms were true, but most of the ones about Nakoa's were not. "The strength of this bow can be contributed to its craftsmanship. It belonged to my father, once upon a time. After he died I took it upon myself to use it and in his name unite Arinel, my homeland." Nakoa reminisced about the days before she joined the Elder Guard. She let a slight smile crinkle the corner of her eyes as she remembered her father. "My father was a strong man. I could barely shoot the darned thing. I had to practice for what seemed like forever to be able to pull the string far enough back to use it. For the longest time I looked like a fool carrying such a weapon." Nakoa shrugged, chuckled, and placed her weapon on the ground. "But that was so long ago. Now I can use it with ease. The strength of the bow gives me an extraordinary range, I suppose. That comes in handy."

DSoldier63

Post by DSoldier63 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Night began to fall as Paragal sat in his tent polishing his blade awaiting for the chief's decision. His group had been on the watch for any sign of the Elder Guards arrival but they have yet to show themselves. Just as Paragal was admiring the shine to his blade, a young boy poked his head into his tent. "Chief want you," the boy said curtly. Paragal scowled at the lad before pointing his blade at him.

"Poking your head in without warning is a good way to get killed little boy, " Paragal threatened before sheathing his sword and stepping out of his tent. He began marching to large tent at the center of the village, his generals shadowed Paragal as he walked. "Still no sign of them?" Paragal asked but was met with silence, "Good." He said just before entering the tent. As soon as he stepped inside, the smell of smoke hit him like a brick wall causing him to cough harshly. Glancing around he saw that each of the chieftains was smoking from a wooden pipe that was producing the thick, gagging smoke. "Well? Have you all decided?"

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:48 am

Jack's greed was ablaze at this point, he wanted it all. Spears and shields made from beast horns!? This place has everything! he thought to himself fiending to get his hands on something. Jack squatted next to Faye as she played with a shelled creature, he couldn't help but laugh along side her as she flipped it over and watched it squirm. After a moment of laughing Jack grabbed the turtle pulling it away from Faye's vision. he began trying to pull it's shell off but couldn't figure out how to slip the turtle out since it immediately pulled it's head inside.

"Hey Faye, I want this shield but the creature inside wont let go." Jack complained, childishly pouting as he stared down at the creature in his hands. Standing up Jack lifted the turtle and began shaking it.

"Get out of there!" He grumbled shaking harder and harder every second it refused to leave.

MattieD

Post by MattieD » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:48 pm

As night fell on the north the four members of the guard trekked quietly towards their destination finding the camp quiet Faye motioned to one of the larger tents holding up a hand to hold the position there while she went in and confronted her father. As she snuck her way across the camp she heard several conversations among som of the other tribes, things, like "we should take deal knight man say, were babies now". Another group was talking about how Paragal had defeated several of the young warriors as if they were flies. Faye felt a sense of dread as she approached her father's tent, she could hear a conversation taking place inside. As she flung open the flap on the tent she found Paragal and her father in mid-conversation. "Father! What are you doing? That man kill King, he bad man! Why you talk with him?!"

DSoldier63

Post by DSoldier63 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Paragal gritted his teeth as he glanced back at the familiar yet irritating voice to see the littlest Elder Guard, Faye. Those imbeciles, I'll have their heads/i] Paragal thought about his generals as they failed to keep a watchful eye. Paragal took a step to the side allowing the chief to see his daughter clearly, crossing his arms behind his back. "How he bad man for defeating weak leader, daughter? That is how you live before taken by weak man, " the chief barked at his daughter. Paragal smirked as he listened to the chiefs response to his daughter. It seems they have chosen Paragal thought.

QuiteContrary

Post by QuiteContrary » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Nakoa spent the rest of their journey mentally preparing. She didn't know what to expect and, regardless of what happened, she needed to remain calm no matter the outcome: all of them did. Still preparing, Nakoa silently trailed behind Faye and the others. Afraid that she would give away their position, Nakoa chose to replace the bulk of her armor with her casual fur wear, keeping only her arm and shin guards as well as her metal band. Her hair was pulled back to keep her vision clear. With Juniper in hand, Nakoa stopped just at the edge of the camp with James and Jack. She watched as Faye snuck her way to a large tent.

While waiting, Nakoe kept a look out. She was visibly uncomfortable with how close she was to the camp, should something happen, Nakoa feared James would have a hard time keeping those closest to them away from her. Silently, Nakoa knocked an arrow, holding it loose on the string. Keeping her sights on Faye, Nakoa sucked in a sharp breath as the girl burst through the tent. The shadows cast on the tent wall indicated surprise and one familiar form stood out among the rest.

"Paragal." The woman whispered, motioning to one of the shadows. She wasn't sure if they could see it from their position, but Nakoa could. Seeing his shadow reminded Nakoa that he wasn't alone. With a sense of urgency she looked about them. The reports said he wasn't alone, so where was the rest of his party?