[1x1]Magic University (Arkane)

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Re: [1x1]Magic University (Arkane)

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Watching Minthe practically melt into her love of cooking, Daniel was briefly reminded of his little sister, that same joy on her face as she tinkered with the magic gem on his forehead. Perhaps this new roommate, freshman or not, wouldn't be such a nuisance after all. Nodding and after washing his stubs, he moves to help her with the vegetables. Taking his wing stub, he valiantly attempts to pick up and maneuver the knife, but it slips and clatters to the counter making a couple onlookers chuckle. Grimacing, he rubs the back of his head before moving to wash again and turning to the boiling pot. "I better stir, huh?"

As they got into it, he wondered what ramen tasted like. He'd heard of ramen, obviously, but had never had it. His mother cooked mostly meat, veggies and potatoes, so to speak, so he didn't have the widest range of food as a kid. Still he was open to try new things.

Just as Minthe promised, the food was done in no time and it smelled incredible. Taking up the wide harpie-friendly fork in his mitten-like stub, he took the first bite under her expectant gaze. "Oh my goddess." His eyes grew wide, and relaxed in amazement as he chewed. "This is really good! You could be a professional, Minthe!"

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:34 am

Her face lit up with happiness when Daniel complimented the meal she had cooked for him. Until now, only her family had ever tasted her food, so it was a new experience all together to have a friend try out her cooking. “Aww, thank you! I’ll cook different meals for you throughout the school year. You can be my official taste tester, ok?,” she smiled, already deciding for him. “I’d like to branch into baking as well, but I don’t want to get too ahead of myself.”

Minthe sat down in front of him, the fire nymph delicately savouring that first bite. It had been a while since she had enjoyed some professionally made ramen. She also noticed that the kitchen had filled up with other students and the various aromas of the food they were cooking. The atmosphere was quite jovial and warm. Minthe kinda liked the extra noise. Whenever her family had ate together it was always very quiet and never so at ease. Well, everyone in the kitchen seemed to be in a good mood, except for one student that Minthe happened to make brief eye contact with. It was the same human male that was previously tapping his fingers against the table. He averted his gaze when Minthe looked at him, the young man standing up and exiting the kitchen all together.

“Oh, someone doesn’t look too happy,” she said, watching as the human left the room. She wondered what his issue was and hoped that everything was ok with him. With a sigh, she continued to eat her food, until the bowl was empty and her stomach was satisfied. “So Daniel,” she asked, taking his empty plate from him and beginning to clean up the mess she had made. “Do you have any plans for the rest of the day?”

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:18 pm

His smile was genuine, and his light chuckle shook the ramen just slightly so only he could see it. He didn't seem to have a choice in the matter, but Daniel didn't mind one bit. Being a test subject was probably one of the things he was best at, with his little sister always tinkering with his gem, his mom using him as a model for new clothing ideas, and his dad giving him new gadgets and inventions to try out from time to time. Truly, it just made him feel at home.

"I think you'd be wonderful at baking. It's just cooking but with more math, right?" He joked at the end, savoring every bite of the delicious, steamy ramen he took. Daniel perked his head up at her remark, seeing just the back end of the human as he left. "Huh. Maybe he could use some of this ramen, it'd perk him right up." He chuckled, shrugging it off as coincidence. Out of habit, he moved to help her clean when he finished and shook his head casually to his new roommate. "Not too much, really. My friend wants to come check out the dorm, but other than that no. Maybe studying or something. Why, do you?"

With them both working clean up was a breeze, and Daniel couldn't help but notice it was much cooler in here now. Maybe they fixed the AC already?

One look at the new people coming into the kitchen answered his question, actually. In the center of a medley of different species was an Ice Nymph, her white hair, pale icy skin and shimmering blue and silver eyes gave her away immediately. "Huh, she must be dying in this heat." He said softly, tearing his eyes away to smile at the fire nymph right next to him. "Ready to go?"

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:51 pm

What did she want to do after this? Now that she thought about it, she had a lot of free time. And she usually never had free time. Minthe could essentially do whatever she wanted. It was entirely her choice and her mother wasn’t there to say no. When that realization dawned on her, she almost wanted to squeal in excitement. Of course, she kept her composure and offered Daniel a smile.

“I’m don’t really have anything planned, but I think I might check out the village and buy a few things before classes start,” she said, now excited to peruse the market place. Perhaps it was because Minthe was a fire nymph that she didn’t notice the slight drop in temperature in the room until Daniel mentioned it. In the middle of the room was a ice nymph, a fire nymphs opposite.

“Oh, she’s so pretty,” she said, admiring the ice nymphs graceful beauty. Minthe had only seen ice nymphs a few times before and it was never up close. “I guess I don’t really help with the heat situation,” Minthe said, sheepishly. With her bag hanging over her shoulder, she followed Daniel out of the kitchen and back to their dorm room.

The dorm halls seemed to be less busy during this time of day, as students finished settling in. Save for one person, whom was currently unlocking the door to the dorm room next to theirs. Minthe quickly realized it was the same human boy whom was previously in the kitchen, the one who seemed rather impatient and in a grumpy mood. Being this close, she could see he was rather handsome for human standards; tall, with dark hair and unique golden coloured eyes. He still looked like he was in some sort of mood, but that didn’t stop Minthe from smiling and waving at him.

“Um, hey!,” Minthe greeted, waving a hand. “Looks like we’re dorm neighbours. This is Daniel.” The human boy merely glanced over at them uninterested, before opening his door. “Yeah, hi,” he said, before entering his dorm and slamming the door.

Minthe sort of just stood there, dumbfounded for a few seconds, before sighing. “Guess not everyone is kind at university,” she said, shaking the encounter off.

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:15 am

Daniel was quite relieved to see the hallway was much emptier now, that rush had been insane before and he couldn't afford to lose more feathers. He'd be absolutely scraggly before the next molt if he kept losing them like that. In either case, he kept an eye out as they returned, hoping maybe he could find it laying crumpled on the floor or something, but no luck. Perhaps it got swept away.

Speaking of distractions, that same human (he could only assume from Minthe's reaction, since he had only seen the back of him before) was apparently their neighbor. Daniel didn't wave like Minthe did, the guy seemed very uninterested in his neighbors and Daniel usually was too. He did give Minthe a small smile, to cheer her up. "People can be jerks here sometimes, just like anywhere else. Maybe you'll get along with other neighbors better." He said casually, unsure why he felt he had to make her feel better. He barely knew this girl for a couple hours, but something about her was quite disarming. Just as they entered the door, a high pitched squeal greeted them inside the door and a flash of coffee and white immediately tackled a surprised Daniel.

"Katherine! What are you doing here?" He chuckled, his face softening as she pulled away and greeted him with a huge bright smile. He noticed the light swirls on her cheek had gotten bigger, signalling her powers were getting stronger, and he smiled before a realization dawned on him. "Hey, we locked the door. How did you get in? And how did you-"

She laughed and waved a hand to stop him. "I have my ways big bro. I really really wanted to meet your new roommate! Mom said she heard a pretty sounding gasp on the phone and wanted to know." Suddenly she turned to Minthe, the bubbly light witch turning her cheerful grey gaze full force towards the fire nymph. "Hi! I'm Danny's little sister! You can call me Kat."

The difference between the two siblings was pretty stark, his light skin and red hair versus her dark skin and white hair made absolutely nothing about the pair seem sibling like at all, unless you paid attention to how they interacted with one another.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:43 am

“Yeah, I hope so,” she replied, choosing to forget about the rude encounter. Still, what was up with that guy? Some people. She sincerely hoped they didn’t have any future encounters. Daniel opened the door and Minthe followed closely behind him, completely unaware of the other presence that was awaiting them in ambush.

Minthe gasped in fright when Daniel’s sister sprang forward and tackle hugged him, the fire nymph not expecting anyone to be waiting for them in their door room...which, as she recalled, was locked. Once the initial fright wore off, Minthe coaxing her now flaming hair back down to normal, she found herself smiling at the younger girl.

“It’s wonderful to meet you Kat,” she beamed, extending her hand out for her to shake. “I’m Minthe! And I guess I’m also your brother’s roommate for the semester,” she smiled. Oh my. Katherine was a ball of energy that Minthe could definitely relate too. They were both similar in that aspect.

“Will you be staying for a while,” she asked Kat. “I can make some tea, with herbs straight from my fiery hometown.” Minthe did want to explore the nearby town, but she could always do that another day. “But if you two wanted some family time, I can totally understand that! I can leave and entertain myself for a while,” she said, wanting to be courteous.

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:25 am

At Minthe's question, Kat shook her head, the curly ponytail bouncing with the movement, mimicking her personality. "Nah I just wanted to drop by. I have to get my presentation for a new artificial magical storage device ready, it's going to be huge! I couldn't do it without you, bro! In fact, I have a favor to ask..." As her eyes widened into her pleading, innocent puppy-dog look that she knew worked on him everytime, he raised his eyebrow in an elegant arch. He knew where this was headed.

"I don't know, Kat. Last time you used me in a presentation you nearly set me on fire..." He started cautiously, but she raised her palms in a defeated gesture. "No, no it won't be like last time I promise. I just need a comparison for storage devices, and you're the best Harpy I know."

"I'm the only Harpy you know."

She stuck her tongue out in a playful expression before lifting up a small green purse that had been hiding on Daniel's computer chair. "Just think about it, please?"
She said sweetly, before turning briefly back to Minthe. "You are the prettiest roommate my brother has ever had! I'm sorry I have to go so soon, I'd love to hang out with you sometime. I live in town, so if you ever want a mediocre tour I'm your gal!" She said sweetly, a light chuckle briefly reminiscent of Daniel's floated between them before turning towards the door. "Maybe I'll have some of that tea next time! It was amazing to meet you!" She called back, before she finally left.

Daniel rubbed the back of his head, this was clearly his nervous gesture and shrugged after Kat left. "Geez, she never changes. You'd think geniuses weren't usually this cheerful, but that's Kat. Graduated from here last year at nineteen."

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:02 am

Minthe silently observed the interaction between Kat and Daniel with a hint of curiosity. The way the two of them interacted with one another was absolutely adorable. In fact, Kat herself, was just incredibly cute and Minthe already wanted to be her friend the moment the two of them had exchanged words. Now that she thought about it, her relationship with her siblings was nothing like the loving relationship between Kat and Daniel. Minthe and her sisters had been close when they were younger, but as they had gotten older, her two sisters had distanced themselves from her, both of them very busy with school and life in general. It made Minthe lonely at times, but she had always managed to find ways to counter such negative feelings.

“Oh, thanks! But I don’t deserve such flattery,” Minthe said, embarrassed. Kat was so kind. Her eyes beamed when she mentioned living in town. “I would love a tour of the town sometime! Perhaps next time when you're not busy I can stop by,” Minthe smiled. She opened the door as Kat left, the fire nymph waving at the witch as she took her leave. “It was wonderful to meet you! Take care,” she said. When Kat was out of view, Minthe shut the door and smiled brightly at Daniel.

“Your sister is amazing!,” she said, sincerely. She’s so kind and sweet! And graduating at such a young age. You must be very proud of her.” Minthe had walked over to him, glancing up at him with her round, golden eyes. “You are going to help your sister out with her presentation, right?!,” she asked.