[RP] [F] [V] [RESERVED] Broken Balance

Eragon
Bronze

Re: [RP] [F] [V] [RESERVED] Broken Balance

Post by Eragon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:05 am

While Lenera listened to Valadir, she looked at Eragon curiously. Starting to connect a few dots. She knew him. The bond between is strong enough that they can easily figure out what the other is thinking without entering each other’s mind. However she kept quiet about it. If he didn’t wish for her to know than that is probably a good thing. He will tell her when he’s ready.
“A lot of luck going around lately as it seems. Everyone’s started to wake up to what is happening North. Especially after your letter Fern. Many have been asking questions.”

Eragon winced and slightly sighed when she used the name Fern. To the others he explained, “Fern is a nickname Lenera gave me. Inspired from a plant that only grows here called the winged fern. As you might expect its unique leaves represent wings. It’s also purple-

“Gnawwwww, you have a cute nickname after a plant that looks like you. I’m gonna use that now.”
Crystal obviously teasing Eragon but in truth its sweet and cute. A guy with a reputation such as the King of drakes. An unforgiving race. Humbled by a nickname he is a little embarrassed about.

And in response Eragon stopped, turned and growled at Crystal, snarling at her very intently.
“No one can say it, expect my Queen. Understood?”

Crystal held up her hands in peace. A little shocked by the sudden lash out.
“Alright, relax. No need to go off at me.”

The drake started at her for a few seconds be resuming his walk in silence.
To break the awkward silence, Lenera said, “It is cute though. It’s suit you.” She nudged his should than started scratching the back of his neck.

Eragon slowly turned his head to Lenera, “You think you’re making this better?”

“Yes I do. Because I think its good to show that you have humanity in you. That you really show to anyone but me.”
The Queen smiled than moved on to the next subject.
“So dragons, any questions for me. Like how did a ever end up with a drake like Eragon? Or what you expect your stay to be like?”
“War is death to the old and birth to the new.”

-Arch Spellweaver Greglar the Bender

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:59 am

Valadir thought that it wasn't good that the word was starting to spread. It meant less tranquility and more questions asked. He could swear that if he got asked one more time how did Eragon and Wolnir and him met he would scream. Nontheless, both dragons thought that the whole nickname business was cute. It was a sign of true love. The flower also sounded pretty.

Valadir felt amused by Crystal's tease and tried to not laugh aloud. The dragons nodded when Eragon said that they couldn't name him like that.

"You got a point there", the black dragon said to Lenera before she asked them what they wanted to know. He thought that it would be nice if Eragon showed a bit of his humanity with them. Or at least with him, judging from all the things they endured together. Of course, he didn't tell him that or Lenera would know about the other stuff before the time was right.

"Why not both?" (both questions) "And how exatly did you people manage to carve this out? It surely must have taken you ages", Val asked.
"A-and i wondered if y-you could show me the breweries sometime...", Wolnir asked next.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:30 am

"Well, let's start with me. The more interesting question."
Lenera began answering Valadir's questions with delight. It made Eragon roll his eyes, He kept quiet though as Lenera loved talking about herself.
"It was during the war against the mountain trolls and their lesser, cave trolls. A battle that lasted three days of no rest. I was a blademaster at the time and had charge over a small hunting party of twenty. And Eragon in all his wisdom decided to honour us be joining on a raid to burn a troll village.

We arrive and what do you know. They expected us and responded as such. A well-planned ambush. In the fiery battle, I did what I was best at. slashing necks and turning trolls into coal. So much so I caught the eye of the King himself. A female would rarely join the army but when they do they become the most fearsome. Anyway, of course, I noticed Eragon's behaviour and gave him a small tease that nearly killed him. Smacked in the head by a club from the biggest opponent. I through my spear centre of the enemy before he could finish the helpless Eragon. Ever since then, Eragon always had time for me. Soon enough we mated and I've never had a second thought. We are made for each other..." She trailed her voice off in a romantic tone. As if to start dreaming.

"Just because I was on the ground doesn't mean I was helpless. I was going-"Eragon cut off be Lenera.

"You couldn't do a thing. He was standing on your wings."

"I wrapped my tail around him."

"What was that going to do."

"Would you like me to demonstrate on you?"
Eragon stared at Lenera.

And in return, she did so.
"You would like that wouldn't you Armaggedon."

A solid ten seconds they stared at each other until Eragon broke it off by saying, "Yes I would."

"Settle then. The first day back and you already have a challenge."

Crystal thought about the drakes conversation. Something tells her that it isn't just a simple argument. A deeper message behind it. Her eyes widened when she figured it out. Nearly laughing at the idea but, she knew she's correct. She waved Wol and Val close to her so she can whisper to them without the drakes hearing them.
"Don't bother Eragon or Lenera tonight. They will be busy."

While they walked and talked more they turned left out of the hallway and into a giant cylinder room. It reached halfway up the mountain. The cylinder is covered by doorways on every level where drakes flew up and down to get to there destination. They all flew clockwise in an inner and outer spiral. The outer spiral of drake flew up while the inner went down. Wind can be felt.
Lenera explained, "This is a fly room. While we still have long staircases this is a much quicker way to get about. As you can see some traffic issues needed to be solved. Anyway, to answer your next question, Val... This mountain took two hundred and seventy-six years to carve and we are still making some tweaks. It was our first mountain when we were forced out of our old land. It took our whole population to do it. We got there in the end and now we've expanded to some neighbouring ones. We do have breweries here but they are small. The best come from the valley. If you are eager Wol, I can take you to them. It can't be today, however. From where we are it will take three hours to get there."

She took off and followed the traffic. Eragon followed next. Crystal smiled at Wol and hopped on his back.

They landed fifty-two stories up where they went through the maze of halls and rooms. Drakes bowed as they went passed. Finally, they arrived at their destination, passing a sign that wrote 'restricted'. They find themselves in an all-white marble room, with beautiful paintings of the Valley of Flowers and the eastern dark forest. Short gold stands with helmets on them along the walls. This room separated into five large hallways.
"I'll take Val, you take Wol."
Lenera giving orders to Eragon.
He didn't do or say anything. Simply followed. Eragon took Wolnir through the first hallway that is arched and lined with lanterns. Crystal followed after them. Twenty metres down a polished stone door with gold and blue epoxy resin in the cracks of the door. Eragon pushed it open and it swung silently and smoothly on its hinges.
"Welcome to your room."
The first thing that is noticed is instead of an opposite wall, a giant open side to the outside bright outside, providing more than enough light and a view of the colourful valley of flowers below. Next is how big the place is. Easily able to fit a hundred drakes. The floor is a pearl white marble webbed with blue resin and gold. The same theme extends to the walls and patterned arched roof. The high roof opened up to a second level that doubled backed over them. One can jump too with the help of wings. Stairs are on either side of the pearl room. Pillars on either side, holding up the ceiling are decorated with blue banners, with the gold symbol of the drake head. Armour stands in between the pillars, with delicate gold and blue armour holding the most beautiful shaped spears. The floor of the first floor, where they stand has a gold picture embedded in it. A dragon and drake side by side with a ring of gold fire above them.

Crystal is quite impressed with it. She feels like she shouldn't be in here. She walked to the open side and onto the balcony. Here she can tell that Wolnir will have no problem getting in and out. She stood at the edge and looked up. The tip of the mountain is obscured by clouds but she can tell it's still a ways off. When she looked down her eyes widened. They are so high up.

"This is where you will be staying for now. It is bare but I will have a few commodities to brought in for you. Anything you like. Of course, a stand for your armour will be brought. The upper level is where you will find your bed, toilet, desk, fire pit and so forth."
Eragon watched Wolnir look around in wonder and awe. Made him smile. It is a pity they couldn't be exposed to this anytime sooner.
"Make yourself at home, two guards will always be present at the corridor, if you have any needs or concerns let them know. Any questions?"

Lenera took Val to his room, next to where Eragon and Wolnir went but this door and crimson and white coursing through its cracks that resemble veins. Lenera pushed it open and a bright natural light blinded them. This room is shaped differently to Wolnirs. While it opened up into a large room, only right half is oped to the outside, freely letting them go in and out of the pearl room. The left half opened to the rest of the private area. bedroom, study area, bathroom, etc. Pillars, of course, are scattered throughout the place connecting the single-story dwelling. The colour scheme is red, black and white.

"From what I'm getting from Eragon, you will be staying here temporarily until you hit some sought of a growth spurt, which sounds very interesting, to say the least. Everything you need will be brought to you if you need it. Four guards will be posted at the corridor if you will need anything. I'm assuming Eragon has plans for both of you so I'm not going to say anything else more besides welcome home."

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:15 am

The dragons listened to Lenera's story about how they met, both noticing how she liked to talk about herself. They found curious the presence of trolls in the mountains since they are practically non-existant in the land where they previously lived. They only heard about them through word of mouth. Valadir wasn't worried about their presence here either, since according to the story they seemed to be dealt with, and it also sounded like it happened ages ago. He got envious of them when she told how... intimate they got after the battle. With the current situation, he considered he would never get to experience how a loving relationship would feel like, but if he had to be completely honest, he had grown fond of his lifestyle. After all, he had lived happily decades after his reject with the company of his friends. Still, he felt happy for both of them, and Wolnir was too. They seemed madly in love with eachother.

"I bet..." Valadir whispered back at Crys when she warned the dragons on how the pair would be busy later. He would have suggested the others to hang out, but he guessed that Crys would be busy reuniting with her comrades. He saw Wolnir nodding slightly. He would try to not disturb them unless it was important.
After the whispering with her over, Wolnir raised his head back and asked the couple:
"W-when did that fight happen?"

Soon after, they entered a huge and cylindrical room, which turned out to be the fly room. It was huge and crowded, and even then, there was a sense of order around with the way the drakes flew. The dragons were taking in the place when Lenera decided to answer their questions from before. The black dragon thought all those centuries of effort really paid off and the result was really impressive. A part of him wondered how many accidents had taken place during all those years, and how many died for the cause.

"I-i would love that!" Wolnir replied with a bit of enthusiasm, even if the trip wouldn't be that same day. He was eager to visit and see how different were their equipment and methods to the ones in his workplace, and also the different ingredients they had at their disposal. He did crouch to help Crys get on his back, taking off last and accidentally hitting someone's tail with his snout on the way up. He tried to not lose anyone from sight with all the traffic, but at least Val was a distinctive figure to follow.

It didn't take long for them to reach their floor. The dragons were lead through a maze, and they returned the gesture to the majority of the drakes that bowed until they arrived to a room that seemed fit for the royal family. Val's status got into his head once again when he saw the sign on the outside. As the drakes began to take them into separate rooms, he exchanged a look in the eyes with his friend, as if to tell him that whatever that was on the other side, it was surely a goodie.

Wolnir's anticipation grew as he went through the hallway. His jaw dropped completely when he was presented to his room. It was huge. He could hardly believe that such a pretty place was now his. If he was told last year that that place would be his, he would have frowned and told to cut the joke. From the pattern on the walls and floor to the decorative armor, everything was too much in the good sense of the word. One of the first things he noticed and inspected was the sight to the outside. It was breathtaking, a full view to the flowers from before, and they were really high up too. He hoped he could find his way back in from the outside. By then he had a smile that seemed pretty much impossible to erase. He then went to check upstairs. A bathroom that looked a lot better than the last one, a comfy bedroom and a room with a desk and a couple of shelves that he didn't know for sure if he would use. It reminded him about the house he lived in before everything happened. He felt like he could hug Eragon for a while, but he did the effort to refrain because of his reaction at the armories. Frankly he couldn't find the words to express how thankful he was. He went back downstairs and then Eragon asked him if he had any questions.
"C-can i have a m-mirror? I really d-don't know how to thank you..."

As Valadir looked and explored his new room happily, he got reminded of his former cave. The place looked like an infinitely more elegant version of it. It wouldn't take him long to feel like home. If he had been told about it earlier, he would have deemed it too luxurious. It even had a desk that he would use if he was still busy with his job. The view the place had to the outside was remarkable, and the rest was really pretty too. However, he wasn't entirely convinced on how the red markings combined with the white marble, but at least it matched his armor. He thought it was a bummer how Lenera said that the place was temporary, he liked it a lot but he would try to enjoy it as much as he could. He still wished she knew the whole story.

"Thanks a lot for your hospitality! I bet i'll feel like home in no time!" The dragon said with enthusiastic smile.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:51 am

Eragon answered Wolnir's question regarding the fight.
"Roughly 80 years ago. It is still possible that many creatures and hostile forces still lurk outside of what we control but I guarantee, within our mountains. Nothing can get past. But don't pass our patrolled borders if you can help it. The west and far east are still largely out of our control."

"Good. For now, relax. Do as you wish. Acquaint yourself with your surroundings. Sleep if you wish. Food will be brought to you within the hour if you would like."
Lenera looked to her left. Where the other, now occupied room is. Behind a thick stone and marble wall where sound cannot escape. Her partner of her soul and mind with another dragon. She can't stop thinking about him. He's finally returned.

She snapped back into reality, getting mentally angry at herself for not concentrating at the current task.
"There's nothing more I can do at this point. Sit tight and something should happen."
She left is haste. She kept her wings tucked close and her tail off the ground as a formality. Her white draped clothing flowed behind her as she moved out of Valadir's sight.

"That mirror will be added to the list and you can thank us by not leaving us ever." Eragon stated that a little loudly as if he was going to force the orange dragon to stay but in the end, it is all up to Wolnir. If he could, however, keep the dragon's within the mountains he would. Just knowing that they are around warms the hearts of drakes.

He then moved onto Crysta, looking her way and in return, walked up to him from outside.
"I believe you would like to be reunited with your people."

Crystal stopped right in front of the big purple drake with a really big cheeky grin.
"Now that I know the dragons are in very good hands. I would like to so very much and as quickly as possible."

"The quickest way would be that way."
He pointed to the mouth of the cave. The outside opening.
"No longer than a ten-minute flight."

If Eragon meant to scare her it didn't work at all. She's that used to flying on Wolnir it is second nature to her now.

"But if Wolnir doesn't wish to come I guess I will have to carry you there."

Crystal's eyes widened and her smile faded at the drake. Something told her that he isn't going to make that very comfortable for her. Her head spun to Wolnir.
"I know you just got here but could you take me. You will get to meet the fam."
She smiled and squinted her eyes hoping he will say yes.