[F]Exalt!

Flamma

[F]Exalt!

Post by Flamma » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:06 pm

"I'm off cuz!" A brown skinned plump man calls out into the door way of his wooden home. The house is built on a wooden platform held up on logs. The whole village is built this way with wooden bridges making paths between everything. Tall grass reaches above the wood bridges on both sides coming from the moist dirt below. The plump man shut the door behind him and walked off. Walking across the wooden bridges and a little ways away from his home the plump man eventually walked up to some farmland where the dirt had been pilled up and raised to the same height as the wood bridges. 2 people, a elderly man and a woman, stood in the middle of the plot of land the plump man had been heading to.

"Hey cousins, what's going on?" the plump man shouted over to the pair. The elderly man and woman turned and waved him over.

"look!" The woman said excited as the plump man came near.

"They must be adventurers." the elderly man added and the plump man smiles.

"I think your right cuz. What are we waiting for? lets wake them up!" The plump man kneels down beside one of the suspected adventurers. A boy with cat ears then looked over at the other 3. A slightly older boy with spiky brown hair laid next to the cat boy. A petite young lady laid next to him and the 3rd human looking person laid at end who's gender was hard to discern. The man shook the boy with cat ears first.

"Come on, wake up" The plump man calls gently while shaking the cat boy. The elderly man and the woman watched in excitement.

Axel:

The brown haired boy woke up first however. His top half flung up startlingly fast.

"AAAGH!!!" Axel shouted, his eyes nearly popped out of his head and his hands shot out infront of him. he suddenly stopped and looked around at everyone.

"Who are you people? I hope you're not cannibals! YOU ARE CANNIBALS AREN'T YOU?!" Axel seeminged calmish at first but was now shaking as he loudly assumed the people around him wanted to eat him. He held his hands up to his chattering teeth and began spewing nail clipping from with mouth.

"What? No! Calm down." The plump man ordered but Axel jumped at his shouting rolled onto his knees and hide his head under his hands.

"Y-Y-Yes you are! That's probably why you're so fat! You're still digesting a beautiful woman you horrible monster! AAAGH!" Axel continues to scream.

"Fat!?" The plump man denied the fact.

"Oh shut up you big baby." The woman stated quite irritated which works instantly. Axel looks at her and looks her up and down. She has dark brown hair tied into a bun and maids clothing as well as dirty rough hands. Axel finds her eyes particularly pretty and fixes his posture immediately in an attempt to save his first impression. He rolls over again, now sitting on his knees, and clears his throat.

"I'm sorry! You probably aren't cannibals, I imagine someone as beautiful as you would be too delicious to pass up, haha." Axel says shyly with his head bowed to the woman and his right hand rubbing the back of his head. The woman is surprised then covers her mouth and chuckles.

TheNerdyHobbit

Re: [F]Exalt!

Post by TheNerdyHobbit » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Someone was screaming

Breath came to Raven in a rush. Their eyelids lifted and the light flooded their vision. What was happening? What was this? Raven's mind raced as they blinked their vision into focus and pushed themselves up with their leaden hands. Three people were watching them and the three other people lying on the ground. One of them was also awake.

"What's going on? Who are you people?" Raven said angrily. They didn't know why they felt so irritated but they did. Blood was pumping fast through their veins and they felt ready to fight. But they kept their voice steady. "Where am I?"

AnonymousGhost

Post by AnonymousGhost » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 pm

She could smell the brine of the sea and taste the tang of saltwater in the air before she even opened her eyes. Then came the rich scent of tilled soil. The ambient sounds of native wildlife echoed in the distance. She instinctively raised her hand to shield her eyes from the unrelentingly bright sun overhead. As both her mind and eyes slowly began to clear, she discovered she was in a plot of farmland. Several other people surrounded her; three were huddled together and appeared to know each other while three others laid on the ground on either side of her. The three who appeared to know each other wore rugged attire. That, coupled with their dirtied, leathery skin, made her think they were the ones who took care of this land. The three who were laying on the ground beside her looked nothing like each other. One boy had a splash of light brown hair and a nervous air about him. Another boy had a darker, more reserved demeanor and sported a pair of cat ears atop his head. The third had short, black hair, pallid skin and was startlingly thin. The oddity of the situation struck her as laughable until a more pressing question came to mind…

How did she get here? What was she doing here? Panic rose in her throat as she tried and failed to recall prior events. She was casting her eyes about her surrounding for some clue when she noticed a few things that traveled with her vision. Upon further inspection, she realized they were all words, just hovering there in her field of vision. And one of them was a name—Dawn Morningstar. Just thinking the name felt familiar. Then there was a rush of relief as the girl realized what it must mean; it was HER name!

That was one mystery solved.

Heaving a comforted sigh, Dawn pushed herself into a sitting position and allowed herself a minute to enjoy the present. She bit back a small chuckle at the brown-haired boy’s exceptionally jumpy reaction and subsequent return to an amiable calm. Then the one with dark hair and pallid skin awoke. They seemed rather irritated, but any normal person would be, all things considered. She blinked away the last of the grogginess from her eyes and mind. Dawn also wanted to know where they were, but the other one had already asked, so she just decided to listen intently for the answer. These farmers seemed nice enough…

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:34 am

Me-agh! Mm-mm, nothing like a good cat nap." The cat boy said finally waking up. He sat up with his knees up and his hands and feet flat on the floor before raising his arms to stretch. He then rubbed his eyes then finally he realized something was wrong.

"Bwah!? Who are you guys" He said jumping up and alittle backwards both nimbly and quiet graceful for someone who just woke up.

"Ok, ok calm down we'..."

"YOUR ADVENTURERS!" the woman interrupted the fat man who simply stood frozen with his hands up revealing his palms.

"You can call me Choral or Chorley if you like. The fat man is Onie and the old man is my father, Oagg." The woman who the 3 awake strangers now knew as Choral introduced everyone. She had pointed to herself and the other 2 as their names were spoken. Onie grabbed his belly and frowned looking down at it as he was called fat for the second time as if he had just noticed. Choral surely didn't seem to notice him amidst her energetic introduction. The old man didn't speak but simply nodded his head.

"You're on dawn island and you're adventurers!" Choral continued to shout energetically filled with excitement then Onie quickly added in

"We think... They could be... You know." Onie turned to face Choral then suddenly Onie, Choral and her father were huddled together with their back to the 4 strangers, effectively cutting them out of the conversation. They began mumbling except for Choral who was repeatedly and futily shushed by Onie because her voice kept getting louder the more she spoke.

Axel felt left out and was curious as to what they were doing but he was more curious about everything else. The questions the pale girl (Axel had decided they're gender) were especially interesting to him. Looking around Axel noticed that except for a couple wooden buildings and tall crops there was nothing but blue sky. He stood up to get a better view now all he could see was ocean going on forever. He also noticed the landscape of the island was mainly flat and near sea level, except for the man made hills like the one they were standing on. The scenery captured his imagination and soon Axel was think too much to speak.

TheNerdyHobbit

Post by TheNerdyHobbit » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:48 am

Raven was sure something was wrong. They didn't know what, but it was as clear as the sky was blue that something didn't fit. They didn't belong here. There was a boy with cat ears next to them. They were pretty sure that sort of thing wasn't supposed to happen. After the woman had screamed that they were adventurers things made no more sense than they had before. And then the fat man said something that caught Raven's attention.
"We could be? We could be? What the fuck is that supposed to mean??" Raven said. They jumped up to the huddled figures.
"If you have something to say about us say it to our face!"

AnonymousGhost

Post by AnonymousGhost » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 pm

Dawn flinched at the dark-haired one’s sudden outburst. It was obvious they didn’t feel comfortable—safe, even—on this island, which made Dawn feel a little naïve for feeling so…not on edge. In the back of her mind though, something tugged on a thread of a distant feeling. A distant memory. But as soon as she became aware of it, it disappeared, and she couldn’t even remember the nature of it. Dawn bit her lip—an anxious tendency—as her gaze trailed over the people around her. As confused as she was as to why and how she was here, she didn’t really feel threatened. If her life was in danger, surely, her body or mind would let her know…right? Either way, she wasn’t going to find any answers sitting here on this island.

Dawn cautiously rose to her feet, testing her weight on her legs, before moving forward to stand beside the angry, dark-haired person. Just in case, she put a good stride or two between them. They were already riled up and Dawn didn’t want to inadvertently instigate something by getting too close.

“U-um…” She tried to get the attention of the huddled group of farmers, but her voice petered out before she could say so much as a word. She felt a warm blush rush across her face.

Seriously? I can't even manage to ask for help in a situation that obviously merits it? How pathetic.

Balling her fists at her sides, Dawn tried once more and this time, her voice came out clear. A bit unsure, but clear. “I-if you’re talking about us, we deserve to know what y’all are saying!”

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Onie turns his head to the petite person shouting, If you have something to say about us say it to our face! Axel also looked at the petite person wondering if he should be that angry but said nothing right away.

"Fine!" Choral's voice exploded out from the huddle of bodies before Onie could speak as she turned back towards her suspected adventurers. Axel shrieked at the same time as her outburst which he quickly flips into a high pitched Yea! I'm with her! before chuckling nervously.

"Listen up you 4. I think you're all adventurers. People who appear from ugh... Somewhere. But my cranky old man and Onie don't agree. Papa doesn't want you to stay with us incase your all fallen so I've decided I'll help you find jobs. That way you can stay at the Inn in town." Choral says putting her hands on her hips as if shes got it all figured out with her vague plan.

"Jobs?" Axel repeats audibly displeased by the word letting out a long "aww".

"I'm with him jobs sound boring. What's the old man's problem anyway?" The cat boy adds in a nonchalant tone.

"Excuse me. My father doesn't have a problem. The fallen are a real menace. We've heard they look like normal people but without the emotions of a normal person. Ones never appeared on the island though so I guess no one really has any idea what they are." Choral explains but the Cat boy didn't seem to care from the start, lowering his eyelids as if he's was being bored to death. He replies with a yeah yeah and says he'll just go find a place to sleep for now before walking away. A part of Axel envied the cats calmness and wanted to follow but he was also scared Choral might yell at him.

"Whatever stupid cat. Who's with me then!?" Choral stomping her foot on the ground "There's a bulletin board in the market place where people post jobs. There's alot of explorers there too who probably know more then a farm girl like meself." Choral explained further with her irritation still drawn on her face.

"Haha, how could I say no to a face like that." Axel answers nervously.

TheNerdyHobbit

Post by TheNerdyHobbit » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 am

"Great explanation," Raven said through gritted teeth. They turned to the old man "So you think we're some kind of monsters?!" They couldn't keep yelling at these people, Raven knew this. It didn't change the fact that they wanted to scream. We think you're adventurers, people who appear from...somewhere! How wonderful! But WHERE? Where were they from? Who were they? Raven felt like they should know that. They should know who they were.

They glanced over at the petite girl with brown hair falling in waves who moved to stand a few paces behind Raven. She had eyes which were two different colors. It was fascinating. She looked...terrified. It struck Raven. They knew it was partially their fault. Why did they have to be like this?
They took a sharp breath. "I need air."
With that they strode away from the others. They would deal with whatever this job stuff was later. For now they needed some time to think. They ignored everyone as the walked with an intention that gave of the air of someone who knew what they wanted and wasn't going to waste anytime getting there. They pulled themselves up and climbed onto one of the roofs of the wooden buildings and looked out at the landscape surrounding themselves, slowly getting lost in their thoughts.

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:48 pm

*POV Raven*
From the roof of a wooden barn Raven looked out and saw miles of farm land that got lower as it reached the ocean while the plant life got taller. There were even large cantaloupe looking plants growing along the shore. Dirt roads snake left and right and up or down the dirt hills, which jutted up into cliff sides un-naturally. A few pinkish, brownish trees dotted the landscape and their seemed to be farmers hiding everywhere. Each person minding their own business - pulled or watering vegetables, laying the grass, kids played in the fields. The sun was still the high in the sky but titled to one direction by about 30 degrees from the middle. Rain clouds could be seen in the distance but the clouds above dawn island were fluffy and white.

AnonymousGhost

Post by AnonymousGhost » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:31 am

“O-okay,” Dawn stammered, the blush returning to her face. She felt awful for having raised her voice. She was nervous and confused, but that was no excuse. Her eyes fell from where they’d met the farmer lady’s gaze and fixated on her own boots. The job thing sounded nerve-racking—having to talk to strangers and essentially ask them for money—but they did need a way to pay for shelter and sustenance. At least, Dawn did. She noticed the cat-boy had wandered off, apparently bored with the whole thing, and the dark-haired person had walked off to climb atop a roof. Dawn was left with the brown-haired boy and the farmers. The boy had quickly sided with one of the farmers, Choral, leaving Dawn to feel a bit awkward. Choral was obviously still irritated and none too happy with how Dawn had spoken to her. She felt her blush deepen.

You’ve been here all of—what?—five minutes and you’ve already screwed up!

The best way to avoid further irritating Choral was to comply with her plan. With that in mind, Dawn cast about for the marketplace or a sign to indicate its direction, but saw nothing. She was going to have to ask for directions. Great.

I’m going to look like such an idiot…

“U-um…where, I mean, which way is the marketplace?” Dawn asked, her voice barely above a squeak.