[RP] Royalty

Hyacinth Bell

Re: [RP] Royalty

Post by Hyacinth Bell » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:19 pm

Juliette grinned, and at once knew that she had done the right thing. Maybe Connor wasn't right about everything. Maybe Mother knew more than she had let on. "Well I don't intend to do whatever the rest of that lot tells me to, in case no one has told you yet." She chuckled and added with heavy sarcasm, "I'll oblige, though, since I've been given the choice, and I'm so very eager to throw myself back to the wolves."

LibbyM098

Post by LibbyM098 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Shan Lai smiled softly at Jas and bowed her head in respect for him. She held an almost ancient elegance to her as she sat and she made sure to address the whole room as she spoke. "My dear Kings and Queens."
Her english was perfect and without foult.
"I am honored to be sitting as one of you today."
She smiled at Alma and bowed her head in respect to her as well.
"And I thank you deeply for your kindness."
She glanced back to around the room. She knew all of them would not be happy about her decision, but it would be one that she must make.
"As you all well know my country is an amazing one for the amount of things we have to traid. The options are almost endless, Food, Clothes, furniture, housing supplies, technology, weapons... I even notice that the chandler in the room is from my country."
Shan Lai smiled softly with that comment before pressing her lips together and sitting up a little straighter. "But my country can no longer take the garbage from any of your counties any more. Over the years it has grown the amount we would take and now... my people suffer from it. Cancer has increased in the time my father ruled China... He himself... past from an incurable disease."
She continued to hold herself together.
"In my rule I am determined to clean my country and rid it of the many diseases that plague it. I know this may course problems with most all of you... But China will no longer be taking any rubbish from any country."
She withheld her nerves. She knew everyone would judge her harshly on her decision but she was ready for it.

Dustan sat back and glanced at everyone else. He didn't see this one coming, but he knew China was no force to be reckoned with. They had gone from one of the poorest to richest counties in over 60 years. Slowly building themselves stronger so no one would realise. They were smart... too smart.
He glanced over at Australia. If they sided with China in a war he would be right beside them.
There were many secrets he had not told anyone about his country and if need be he would use them.
He glanced around the room trying to read what everyones thoughts were by the looks on their faces.

Hyacinth Bell

Post by Hyacinth Bell » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:29 am

Juliette walked into the meeting room alongside Nadia, no longer anything but human in her mind. She waited, standing up in the back of the room by the door so as to not interrupt Shan Lai, who had just started her speech. Though the Chinese empress made it seem as though it were sudden, Juliette was not surprised by her decision. America was in a similar position, but it hadn't escalated to that level of pollution in the air and in the minds and bodies of her people yet. She had plans to pass laws to prevent these problems from getting any worse- prevent them from what happened to China. Though Shan Lai used some choice words to describe their imported goods, Juliette knew the woman did not mean to strike more problems between the countries. Life would go on. Her brother had told her that Eryk was a good man, who would let everyone have a say as long as he was in charge, so she knew she would be addressed again eventually, and thought of anything she wanted to change in terms of relationships with eveyone else.

Eugine nearly laughed again. These young rulers all shared some backbone and spontaneity. Well, all except Wright, though he suspected she would too if she bothered to stand up to anyone. Meyer looked as though he was ready for war, and the French King couldn't be more amused. The isolationist was stepping out of his policy for a possible skirmish on a new isolationist kingdom. He was starting to enjoy that he came rather than missing the meeting.

Kodi

Post by Kodi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 pm

China was retracting all trade deals? That was not good. It had been one of Finland's largest trading partners, behind Russia of course. It was certainly a bold decision, and Alma respected Shan Lai's determination and guts -- it can't have been a simple choice. It did worry her though; more countries were isolating themselves -- France, Germany, now China. Not to mention the duo of Australia and Tunisia. With tentions rising, countries needed to band together; strength in numbers, right? Granted, countries like China were undoubtedly powerful enough on their own.

No. They had to work together, so she needed to get more trade deals. Now that China was out of the picture, her best shot was to strike up some deals with the USA, although she feared that she'd made a bad impression on it's Queen.

Just then, she saw Juliette return -- with Nadia? Hopefully that meant they were on better terms, and Alma may even have a chance, otherwise her country would be in serious economic trouble. There were also deals with Canada and Poland, but they were significantly smaller.

Well, she'd have to wait and see how it all turned out. Interrupting now would not do Alma any favours.
Kodi

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Liam quietly cursed under his breath at Shan Lai's announcement. If he couldn't get China in on the deal then the process would be slowed greatly. Australia lacked the man power he wished it had. He needed the bodies China possessed. However, Liam figured Shan Lai had a soft spot for her people such as any good ruler would. Her's was just a bigger spot. If he came up with a deal she couldn't resist. Liam was sure he would be able to get her to join in. Liam leaned over to whisper to Khalil his plan. Liam had an idea for Shan Kai's deal once he finished talking with Khalil. Now that Nadia had reentered the room, he had to figure out how to approach that Russian piece of work. He still had to figure a plan for Dustan too. He wasnt completely sure that the German would be willing to end his long time of isolationism but Liam noticed the man kept glancing in his direction. Maybe. Just maybe, the krout wanted to come out of his shell.

Qnen1475

Post by Qnen1475 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:43 pm

Jas eyed the group quietly, judging their reactions for any outbursts. His eyes almost immediately fell on Nadia, who definitely looked like she wanted to say something to Shan Lai's decision. Before she could, he spoke, "Very well. We all hope that your country gets in better shape and maybe eventually we can begin trading our shitty stuff with your marvelous accomplishments." He sighed and looked at Juliette and Nadia. "We are having the new rulers discuss if they will keep previous trade agreements or not. Please sit down." He waited until they sat before turning to Nero. "Your turn. Do you also wish to cancel all trade agreements, make minor changes, or keep everything as is?"

"That is some bullshit China pulled." Nadia whispered to Juliette, glaring at Shan Lai. "I wouldn't mind doing a trade deal with America now since China won't be supplying us anymore."

Hyacinth Bell

Post by Hyacinth Bell » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 am

Juliette sat down again, this time not minding the closeness of Nadia. "It makes sense, though, her country isn't doing so well as far as cleanliness," she whispered back, partially ignoring the trade comment. She already had ideas of her own, though Russian oil was something she wouldn't mind having. She was interested to see what Nero Valenti was going to do, though, as he wasn't very accepted as a ruler by the older rulers. So far, nothing had been pointed against him, and Juliette prayed it remained that way. The Tunisian and Australian Kings kept looking around the room as if they were thinking some of some taboo. The pair were just as close as Nadia and Alma, and would surely stick together in any war against anyone. She almost felt sorry for Shan Lai, but an ending of so many trade agreements with so many countries in just a matter of seconds was truthfully uncalled for.

LibbyM098

Post by LibbyM098 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 am

Shan Lai knew a lot of them would be upset about the outcome of China not dealing anymore until they have cleaned their country of the rubbish that filled the air.
She glanced over at Australia as she could sense Liam Walker wanted something as well with Dustan Mayer.
She gave Liam a slight smile and she hoped he would take it as a sign of wanting to speak to him in private after this meeting. She kept the smile and glanced over at Dustan before listening to the others.
She had her own secret agenda that would be filled out no matter what.

Dustan smiled back at her before glancing back at Australia. Yes.
This was what he wanted, this was the only reason he came out of hidding and if this new found alliance worked they could be unstoppable and all self sufficient within each other. He knew the Chinese people had a soft spot for the land down under, but he also new that the old Emporer wanted good farming land. If he linked to Australia and China he would be set. Not to mention Walker was good friends with Khalil. He smiled softly to himself and excused himself from the table before walking out towards the men's rest room.