[RP] [F] [V] [RESERVED] Broken Balance

Eragon
Bronze

Re: [RP] [F] [V] [RESERVED] Broken Balance

Post by Eragon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 am

"Valadir, Yelling at everyone isn't very nice and for your information that is a kitsune. I've only heard stories of them. A giant fox with an unusual amount of tails. They have it that every tail is a count to the different magics they have mastered. Basically, it could kill us as easily as we killed the elves. So as tender and tasty it looks, perhaps interrogating isn't the best approach."
Eragon carefully told Valadir while eyeing down this newcomer. Lots of questions and conspiracies swirled in the drakes mind.

"I can hear you both by the way. And if you ever call me 'tender and tasty' again I'll turn you inside out then make you drown yourself in the ocean." The kitsune snapped at both of them, clearly not impressed by them. The white fox sat down and stared back at them with an annoyed expression.

Eragon snorted then growled completely caught off guard by the feminine voice. He didn't even sense it break into his mind. In fact, he can't sense it at all. Eragon tightened his grip around the spear not liking this one bit. It's intelligent as well. With an attitude.
"Answer Valadir's question and I'll think of sparing you!" Eragon snarled, deeply growling each word out very annoyed. How dare she threaten him like that. How dare she decide to show up after they fought for their lives and not having a care for it. It made Eragon more and more suspicious. That it shows up after they kill the elves and not before. All Eragon wanted right now is a nice meal and a day of rest.

"Yikes. Drakes haven't changed one bit. Still short-tempered as ever. I expected more from you KingEragon. Son of Zerath and Jura." The kitsune focused her eyes on Eragon as she spoke.
"And Valadir..."
The kitsune considered Valadir thoughtfully.
"You've grown and matured a lot last time I saw you. Has Eragon been a good influence to you? Oh, silly me. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Crystal Tenko. Once upon a time, the drakes called me the Fireflower but it seems they have forgotten. Or is it just you Eragon?"
Last edited by Eragon on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“War is death to the old and birth to the new.”

-Arch Spellweaver Greglar the Bender

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:37 pm

"Just for the record, i wasn't yelling at it", he thought back. "And you say it like i'm supposed to know what that is". Still, the dragon hoped that he didn't anger the creature, just in case the tale was true. If it was, they would have a bad time. However, he was taken aback when the fox replied back their thoughts. It was then when Valadir started to believe the description the drake told him. Still, he couldn't help but to laugh a little bit, even if mentally, at the answer in particular. First thing it said and the creature had already roasted Eragon. It had one hell of an attitude, but still.

The dragon listened to the small conversation curiously. At least he now knew a bit more details about the drake's family. He was about to make an ironic remark about Eragon's aggresiveness when the creature adressed him. When the creature said that it had been watching him creeped him out. It made him feel uneasy.

"Uhh... Since when exactly have you been watching me?", he replied. He had more things to say, but while he talked, his stomach had growled furiously.
"Can we take the conversation to the camp? I'm so hungry that i can barely stand myself"

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:56 am

“Of cause Val. You earned a meal after that big fight. I will wait then to tell my tail.” Crystal understandingly said. She looked over both of the reptilians now accepting their condition. She had an idea of what they have been going through but had no idea of the severity. So she waited until they are comfortable. Simply sitting and watching their steps.

Eragon glared at Crystal not enjoying her small speech one bit. She is putting herself in a bad light right now and he is reluctant to trust her. The fact that she coincidentally showed up after they fought for their freedom. He had made too many mistakes this trip. This won’t be another. The drake stood straight and rested the spear between his feet. Comfortably folding his wings behind his back and legs. He looked at Valadir. “Go eat if you want. I will watch the kitsune and make sure she doesn’t pull a quick one.”
He eyed the large fox for a solid minute and she back.
“Prove that we can trust you.”

Crystal looked at Eragon a little confused. Her tails slightly shifting in tone from wavy to a little more jagged in movement.
“How do you suppose I do that?”

Eragon folded his arms and smirked.
“You know who I am and seem to have an understanding of my culture. Swear to me in blood. Until then I will not permit you into our company.”

It is the kitsunes turn to glare back at Eragon.
“Well aren’t you looking all snug now. Fine I will play your game but I warn you, if you venture where you are not permitted, I will force my hand and take back what does not belong to you.”

“Agreed.”
Eragon immediately accepted her conditions. He dropped all three spears on the ground and took a step to the kitsune. As he did, a blue energy wrapped the kitsune and a low hum sounded. The energy obscured the kitsune until Eragon couldn’t see her. The drake stopped in his tracks and readied his hands. The blue energy vanished and what Eragon saw surprised him again. The kitsune had changed form from a fox to a small human. Well not completely. She still retained her tails and fox like ears. She stood 1.6 metres tall. She wore a red and white Kimono that draped to the ground. Folds and cuts are at the bottom to allow her to walk completely free without fear of tripping over her robe. Eragon saw that she is wearing a juban underneath. The kimono however is tightened by a navy blue waist string. In her hand is a wooden staff with red and white ribbons tied to the ends. Two war fans tucked under her waist string behind her back and a mask covered the top of her head. A mask in the shape of a fox head that is also red and white. Her white hair fell down to her waist.

”She really likes red and white.”

She walked towards Eragon. Her footstep made no noise only her robe could be heard in the slight wind gusts. She walked bare footed. Her tails smoothly followed her path.
“Maybe like this you are a little less intimidated perhaps.”
She said with a smile and a slight snug face. She held onto her staff with both hands in front of herself. It humoured Eragon that he is literally double her height.

Eragon lowered is guard and stared showing that he is not going to fall under her spell. Whatever she is trying to do.
“Show me your hands.”

Crystal let go of the staff with both hands and the staff stood straight.

“Now swear to me that you will not harm Eragon or Valadir in any shape or form and that you will be truthful in your conduct and truthful in your trial.”

“I swear that I will not harm Eragon or Valadir in any shape or form and I will remain truthful in my conduct and trial.” Crystal replied in all seriousness.

Eragon nodded and he took both her hands. They are three times smaller then his own, smooth and soft. Without scales covering the skin. Also she had one extra finger then he did. Four and an opposable thumb while Eragon had three and a thumb. Eragon pointed with his index finger and with his talon he cut a shallow wound on one hand. The kitsune didn’t react in any way. Rather stared at Eragon. Eragon coated his finger with her blood and wiped it on his chest. Then he cut open her other palm. This time he coated his finger then licked the blood off.
“Disobedience of your oath; Judgement is death.”

Eragon went to tie her hands with bandages that he picked up from one of the elves be she stopped him. She showed him her hands and they are already healed. Eragon grunted at the use of magic and he made an inviting gesture.

“How many times have you done that because you seem pretty good at it?” Crystal asked as she retook her staff and walked along side him.

“Too many to count and... Sometimes death did follow.” Eragon said sternly, still having the taste of her sweet blood in his mouth.

“Well now that is out of the way let’s talk. We have much to discuss about.” Crystal said cheerfully. They both walked to the food. (I’m assuming Valadir has already gone over but if not just chuck it in)

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:07 am

Valadir frowned when Crystal allowed him to leave. It wasn't that he didn't need her approval. He was actually glad that she let him go. It was the way she said it, it made him uncomfortable knowing that someone had observed them the whole time without interfering, and the fact that she mentioned that she had seen the dragon do his business a long time ago, probably decades, made it worse. Still, he then looked at Eragon for a response, and when he had both approvals, he smiled a bit. "Alright!", he cheered as he began to limp away thowards the camp.
"Come over when you feel the smell!"

After Valadir reached the camp, his first reaction was to look at the cage where the elf was. Luckily, he was still there. Seeing him like that was really satisfying. The elves in general had mistreated him since forever, and seeing one of them defenseless and to his mercy felt really good. Still, he made a mental note to not make dumb mistakes like the elves did. They had basically let them escape.

After having some fun at the elf's expense, the dragon began to navigate the camp's remains in search of cooking untensils. He didn't see them last time, so they probably were stashed inside one of the tents that weren't destroyed. In the tents he had found some extra food. Some vegetables, potatoes, a small bag of salt and some water too. Also three bottles of the drug they used to weaken the reptiles, and a couple goods he had no use for right now.
"That guy's gotta try it sometime...", he thought when the bottles were discovered. Still no trace of the other utensils, though.

However, hidden away, there was a camping backpack of reasonable size.
"That's the shit!", he thought when he opened it. There was a grill inside, folded into a small size due to several hinges, and also several wooden platters and bronze cutlery. The elves were quite geared, alright. Even if they used the stuff not too long ago, all of that looked quite clean.

The dragon brought the backpack close to the fire and deployed the grill over the fire, and then began to gut the horse with the biggest knife around. Soon, he put the horse on the fire, along with the animal's liver and some potatoes as well, seasoing it with the salt he found along the way.

It didn't take too long to cook, the fire was strong. Valadir did cut several pieces of the animal and served them in three plates, along with one potato for each of his companions and leaving a fork and knife for them if they felt like using them. He then laid on the ground and was about to start eating when he saw the drake come over with a human. He was about to make a comment about it when he noticed her ears. Was still Crys.

"Cute outfit, miss"

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:35 pm

“Aren’t you a sweet heart. This is actually what I normally look like if you were wondering. The fox is more of a way to get around faster and what a trip was it to find you two. Despite how loud drakes are, they are stealthier than you’d expect. Especially the sky drakes. Fast, little and cunning those things are. And annoying...”
Crystal quietly stopped in front of a plate of food. She sat down and smelt the delicious meal. It’s aroma made her mouth water. She laid her staff down beside her and untucked her war fans and put them next to her staff. Her tails loosely hanged about behind her.
“Although I was thinking of changing from white and red to orange and white. Those are more traditional colours. But yet again I like being different.”

Eragon stumbled between Crystal and Valadir, taking his own seat. Wrapping his tail around himself. Positioned himself so the three are sitting in a triangle. He looked at the plate and sniffed the food
“You have outdone yourself Valadir. Have you ever considered yourself a chef?”
Eragon grabbed the plate lifted it above his head and let the food slide down his throat. He had never loved food so much. Mainly because he had not eaten so much for a long time and what he is having outdoes what he was fed for the past three weeks. One plate will not be enough.

Crystal looked over to Eragon and raised her eyebrow.
Yup. Haven’t changed a bit. In a way she liked that about drakes but the downside is they can’t keep up with the other rapidly evolving races.
She picked up a fork and knife cut her food into smaller pieces, chewing and swallowing bit by bit. As she ate her blue eyes looked over Valadir very carefully. As if to remember every detail of him. There is so much she needs to tell them. So much they are not aware of. It made her a little sad that they are just pawns to the bigger game. That can change though. They can be kings of the board.
Decisions need to be made...
Just before the started brooding a thought popped in her head. She was quiet angry at herself that she hadn’t thought of if before.
“Oh silly me! You two must be in lots of pain right now. Let me heal you both.”

Eragon snapped his neck towards her and frowned. “You mean you could do that the whole time?”

“Yes. How did you think I healed my hands.”

She put down her plate, stood up and took a step towards Eragon. Before she could get any closer to him he stopped her by saying, “No, help Valadir first. He is the reason that I left the mountains. See fit that he survives first.”

Crystal shrugged but admired Eragon’s commitment. She walked over to Valadir and kneeled in front of his snout. Valdir’s head is about the size of her torso.
“I noticed you limping before. Where would you like me too start?”

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 pm

Valadir smiled, even if somewhat sarcastically, at Crystal's words. It was curious to hear her talk about how hard it was for her to find them. The dragon then got hold of his fork and knife and started to eat, even if the bronze tools were a bit small for his paws.

When he began to chew a piece of the meat on his plate, Valadir closed his eyes for a moment and raised his head, groaning. It was delicious, even for a simple meal such as that one. It was a hot meal, and there was plenty of it. There was a world of a difference between that and the leftovers they were usually given the last month.

He did come back to reality when the drake talked to him.
"Me? Nah, not exactly", he replied while he swallowed the piece he was currently on. "I mean, i had to cook for several guys a couple times, but i don't consider myself a professional. You should have seen what could i do with a couple more ingredients, though..."
Valadir then kept eating, a bit faster than he normally did, paying little mind to his surroundings until he emptied the plate. He was about to get up to fill his plate again when Crystal announced that she would try to heal them.

"Oh, you...", he said jokingly when Eragon chose to prioritize his wellbeing. The dragon then centered on his healer. Even up close, she looked quite small in comparison. His head alone took a good part of her body.

"Get the arrow out. Doesn't let me breathe well. Even if i'm dying from the pain, don't stop" Valadir feared that getting the arrow out of his nostril was going to be both hard and excruciatingly painful. The only part sticking out of it were the feathers in the back.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am

Eragon rolled his eyes when Valadir commented about his ‘selflessness’. The drake rose from his feet and cut off more pieces from the horse and watched Crystal labour over Valadir as he ate.

Crystal stroked her chin as she studied it. It is a funny spot to get an arrow. Humorous almost but she didn’t show it incase she offended Valadir’
“Don’t worry Valadir, I’ll numb the pain. it will just be uncomfortable when it slides out.”
She placed one hand around Valadir’s snout. Around where the arrow is stuck in him. Her tails flinched as she put her hand over his hard bloody scales. She liked dragons. To her they are good company. Few rarely get to experience getting to know one and she had known many. Before everyone started killing them off.
She closed her eyes. She started formulating a plan. She focused on channeling energy from her body and brought it into her hand. She used it to scan Valadir’s snout and where the arrow it stuck. Forming a 3D image in her mind. Taking notes of the dragon’s anatomy. Next she numbed his nervous system around the arrow so he cannot feel it. Something that required almost no energy. But the tricky part is to come. It is a good thing she is an experienced healer. Something like this will freak out any normal physician. The arrow head is long and slim which is good. Makes it easier to take out. That also explains how it went in so far. She placed her other hand over Valadir’s jaw and looked him in the eye distracting him from what she is doing. Without any visible signs energy surged through her into Valadir’s snout. Slowly the arrow slid out on its own accord, exactly how Crystal wanted it. After ten seconds of extreme discomfort the arrow fell onto the ground. Next she mended Valadir. Pouring more energy into Valadir to speed up the natural process in a matter of minutes. Cartilage, flesh, muscle, everything back to normal. Next she reactivated his nervous system so he can feel again. She took her hands off and wiped them on the ground.
“Now that’s out of the way. Moving on...”

She got him to stand up, almost twice her height she went under his neck brushing her tails over him. She repeated the process with his chest. Then she went around his body and kept repeating the process, starting with the more serious injuries then working to the lighter ones. She also fixed many of the holes in his wings.

When she finished she stepped back and looked at her work, exhausted by the amount of energy she used. His frame is much bigger than hers and he had lots of scares and wounds. More than she anticipated.
“There you go. As good as new. Well, except for the loose scales, they should grow with time.” She walked over to her staff and touched it, feeding herself with the energy she stored in it. Feeling reenergised she went to Eragon.

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:43 pm

"I hope...", the dragon replied. In truth, he was uncertain about what to expect, but with a bit of luck, the process would truly be painless. When his assigned physician started to inspect him, Valadir tried to be still in order to not make things more difficult, even if he was a bit anxious. The whole situation reminded him about the last time he had to go to the medic. Back then, it was due to a sickness he got. Overall, he rarely ever got ill, but this one was a completely different circumstance, a more serious one.

Valadir felt a mix of curiosity and relief when Crystal had cut off the nerves of his snout. She was using some sort of magic, that's for sure. It would surely prevent the pain from appearing, and at least he wasn't feeling the annoying arrow. Then both patient and healer made eye contact. The dragon thought that her eyes were pretty, and besides, those were the first glowing pair of eyes he had ever seen. It was strange, but cool at the same time.

Moments after, Crystal got his nerves back to normal. Valadir's first reaction was to inhale deeply through his nostrils, with the difference and relief being immense. Without standing up, he tried the paw that made him limp, and he felt no pain at all. She had fulfilled her promise, at least. The dragon pressed his head against her belly as a thanking gesture before she left, with enough care to not stab her with his spiky head scales.

With that out of the way, he got up and and went to fill his plate for a second round. While he ate laying on the ground, he observed how Crystal worked with Eragon. As he noticed how the drake's wings were closing, he couldn't help but to check his own too. Several of the holes were closed, but not all of them. He guessed that whatever healing method he used, it had its limits.
"Oi, getting my wings too was a nice detail", he thought, figuring that she could still hear him. He had his muzzle full, and he didn't want to be disrespectful.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:46 am

“You’re welcome Valadir. You need you wings for the flight to Dralikan.” She heard his thoughts she always had her mind open around her so she can sense if anyone is sneaking up on her.

Eragon had less wounds then Valadir but a few more serious ones. Crystal once again got Eragon to stand up and she inspected him. Looking for the more serious injuries.
“You take after your father more.”

Eragon gave her a questioning look but otherwise remained silent until she finished.
She got him to slip his faulds down so she can get to the arrow hole in his hip. Likewise with Valadir she made a scan in her mind and mended what needs to be healed. His chest had bruising and scarring which she can leave and let nature fix itself. Next it is his legs. Covered in wounds from multiple weapon. Well his whole body is in the same condition but his legs have been targeted. Starting at the top and she worked her way down. Taking out the arrow heads behind his knees, a knife stuck in his calf. His wings are basically ripped beyond the use of flight so she stitched the membrane together exactly how they were. Lastly his jaw. A long cut down from his chin to his neck nearly split open his mouth if it weren’t for his scales so she fixed that as well as a few scratches along his cheeks.

When she finished she stood back and admired her work.
“Well your not gonna get any better than that if I do say so myself.”

Eragon fanned his wings and otherwise stretched his body and to his surprise, no pain. Just a little discomfort from missing scales.
“Thank you Crystal. I owe you much.”

“Oh that’s alright. Just a visit too Dralikan will be fine. I want to know whats changed.”
She sat back down and finished off her plate.

Eragon took his own seat and thought about how Crystal could do so much at such a young age. Assuming she looks her age.
“How do you know so much?” A simple, plain honest question.

Crystal perked at Eragon’s question. She looked at both reptiles and their expression basically told her their interest.
“Well give it two more years and I would of lived on Earth for 1000 years.”

“You’re a century old!”

“Close to it. You learn a few things.” She shrugged and continued eating.

“You have a lot of explaining to do.”

Crystal wiped her mouth and put her plate down with the cutlery parallel with each other.
“Well, to put 1000 years in a short bio. I come from a line of Kitsunes who dedicate their lives who learn and share; Tenko. I have always been that person who has always been around major events but have always been in secret. Only a select few in power know who I am. That would be a few oracles and shamans from the drakes, Your parents Eragon and also yours Valadir. Your birth actually was pretty important and it was a pain keeping you a secret as well. In essence when I show up, shit is going down and it will probably change history. Not meaning to boast or anything but shit right now is going down that you are unaware of. It hasn’t effected the drakes yet but the dragons have had it hard.”
Crystal picked up her war fan and started fiddling with it.
Eragon scratched his neck and leaned back. “So you know about why everyone started killing the dragons and perhaps even how we have been attacked so many times. It is like they know our every move.”

Crystal looked around. She lifted her hand and in her palm was a green ball of energy. She raised it and a green transparent dome appeared around them. Eragon stood up when he realised this is the same spell the elves used on them.

“Don’t worry, this dome makes as invisible and undetectable from anyone outside it. That is how they elves escaped the other drakes.”

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:34 am

Valadir nodded when Crystal answered. For the travel ahead, having his wings in better conditions was a big benefit. The dragon kept working through his plate since he figured that mending Eragon's body was going to take a while. He also looked at the other two members of the group every now and then to see how the process was going. In truth, the drake had it far worse, even if ignoring the dislocated finger. Valadir's instincts always made him fight more carefully. Overall, in the end, he looked a lot better.

The dragon had finished his meal shortly before Eragon and Crystal started talking. Still without getting up, he had set his plate aside, with the cutlery forming an X over it. Laying a bit more comfortably, he began to listen to the conversation attently, because frankly, he had the same question. She seemed to know a whole lot about everything.

"You sure do", he added half jokingly and half seriously.

Her explanation was suprising. She was amazingly old for her looks, but what perked his interest the most was... well, everything. Apparently, his birth had been a big deal, big enough to be kept a secret, and there was also a big chain of events behind them. One chain that was invisible to them, and he would probably help to change history. He didn't know what to think about the matter. He felt a bit confused, it was as if that was too much information to take. That made him wonder about his parents. To him, they looked like a couple of regular, non-hostile dragons, unless there was something they were working on in secret.

After the dome was cast, Valadir began to ask some questions to clear some of numerous doubts he had.

"Yeah, not shit that we had it hard", he began to say, referring to his spices in general. "But are you sure i'm your guy? Pretty sure my parents were a couple of regulars, and i never did nothing important... And out of curiosity, since when have you been watching me?" The dragon had plenty more, but he figured that some would be revealed in time, luckily.