Spy Academy [Reserved for xBlackxAcex]

xBlackxAcex

Re: Spy Academy [Reserved for xBlackxAcex]

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 am

Good, she's able to stay on pace. Andreas studied Iris, deciding it was safe to raise the intensity and inputted the bot's movements as if he was the one sparring with her. He qued an ambush of kicks; aiming at her head, torso, and legs. He even got the bot to position its hands behind their back as he did during Iris' pre-test. The bot didn't delay in power nor speed as they lacked a stamina and endurance reserve like humans had. Slowing the machine's movements to change the mode and settings, he activated the sensor ring on the ground. An alarm sounded, and it glowed blue. "This is designed to push your limits. Know them, but that's why you have to be smart and complete the mission before you reach your breaking point." Andreas moved around to the side by the other bot to see a different angle, and he wheeled backward a bit behind about two feet. He set the active bot on auto-pilot which gave it the ability to predict and counter its target's attacks. The bot wouldn't move until Iris did. "Today will be similar to what you did in your pre-eval. Push the bot out of the lines, but here's the catch, it won't "surrender/ turn off until you find its weakness."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:54 am

Iris felt a bead of sweat on her forehead as Andreas raised the intensity of the robot. It was much faster and more forceful that Iris had to physically and mentally try hard not to pushed back. In her opinion, the robot was so much harder to fight with then Andreas. It was possibly due to the unrelenting nature of the machine or due to Andres taking it easy. As soon as she thought of it she deemed the latter reason highly unlikely as the beads OD sweat began to accumulate along her hairline, her forehead and her nose. When she machine slowed it's movements and the circle around them glowed, Iris paused a bit to see what was going on. That earned her a hard smack right on her shoulder and a subsequent "ow" from her own mouth. She hadn't avoided the offensive hit adequately due to the distraction but after that hit, she was focused once more.

Things made more sense when she captain spoke. She only took advantage of the robot's slow movements to wipe her forehead. Her dark eyes remained in the bot and the bit only as she replied, "Okay," once again. However as she began to throw out combination moves targetted to the area where on a human would he the head. There was no time to appreciate how cool the robot was, predicting her moves and counteracting on them. Even when at first she wasn't making progress Iris thought it was pretty nice. She jumped for back as the robot responded to her roundhouse kick followed by an attempt to throw a punch. It seemed to her that the robot had sensors everywhere br sure it could always predict her moves, "Wouldn't....the weakness...be the...off switch," she panted the words out as she tried to half seriously and half jokingly find the weakness of the robot. Until she did, it counteracted all her movements which left the spar at a standstill.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed May 22, 2019 4:26 am

"Then flip the switch." Andreas shook his head, raising a brow. Iris would run out of steam before the robot had a chance to disengage from malfunction or low battery. It was clear to Andreas that he had a long way to go before he could where Iris where she wanted to be. Humming quietly, he glanced at the other bot then down at his lap. He moved back beside the sleeping bot; his fingers danced across the screen. The identical bot whirred to life and stepped inside the circle, going for a hit at her head. "I'd hurry and turn them if I was in your place before you land yourself in the infirmary." He set the iPad next to his leg squeezed in by the wall of the wheelchair. He stood where the second bot once did; behind both bots who Andreas obviously saw a likely outcome. Two against one was unfair especially for the opponents to be supercharged high tech robots. Pursing his lips, he was just outside of the ring; the edge of his wheel centimeters from going over the light line. Placing the tablet back on his thighs, his hand hovered over the screen. "Didn't I say be smart? Your opponent's right in front of you. The weakness is there; you just have to be able to see it."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:15 am

Iris instantly became skeptic of her choice when the captain asked her to go for it. She wasn't really sure it was a good idea now. Or perhaps...the robots were wired to protect their off switch without use of the smart device the captain was holding. To test her theory, Iris took a moment moving around the robot, avoiding being hit as she looked for the switch. It wasn't as easy as it sounded because the robot, unlike a human, still operated at the same speed with the same force with no signs of tire. Iris finally saw the switch on where on a human would be the shoulder blades. She very quickly reached for it and jumped back as the robot turned on her. Shoot, I was right. Her eyes widened as all of the sudden she saw an object coming very fast toward her head. She missed the object by just a smidge and as she struggled to back up and regain her footing, she realized it was the arm of a second robot that had luckily managed to smack her hair tied up in a bun. Her hair was loosely dangling from the hair tie, threatening to come undone but she had bigger problems to worry about. She couldn't find any weakness except trying to shut down the robots. They were constantly coming at her. All her movements were blocked by both and although she initially managed to avoid being hit, she was unsuccessful now than she had been in the beginning.
Iris's heart beat in her chest as she finally came up with a plan. She was panting hard, practically soaked in sweat, her muscles starting to ache a bit and her heart about to beat out of her chest. A swift movement of her leg toward the first bot and a quick dart out of the way as it made its countermove toward her but hit the other bot instead. She wasn't sure if that's what Andreas meant because if this was it, one or both bots would end up being destroyed. The moment of realization earned her a hit to her head because she had been too slow to duck. She stumbled back a bit, dizziness clouding her sight for a few seconds as evidenced by her seeing four robots in front of her instead of two.
"Okay...okay," she muttered to herself as she flexed her fingers, her eyes staying on all four of the robots which after a few seconds became two again. She gave up on giving forceful blows and instead on focusing on her speed. She swung at the first robot and as it tried to retaliate, she slid out of the way again. This time as it almost hit the second robot, the second robot stopped the misattack. During that time Iris went behind the second robot and turned it off before it turned around again. She moved back a little, wiping her head with the back of her hand and watching the second robot to see if it worked.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun May 26, 2019 1:45 am

She found it. Could've cut down the time but not bad. Andreas counted the minutes on his wristwatch. A shadow of smirk teased his mouth before he cleared his throat and got rid of any facial expression. Pulling his hand from the tablet screen, Andreas sat up straighter in his chair and backed up away the circle. Nodding his head as he watched Iris maneuvered through her plan, her reaction and speed caused Andreas to inspect and pay closer attention to what other things she could do. Repositioning how he sat, he propped his elbow on the arm of the chair and pressed his chin into his palm. Fixated on her fluid movements, his eyes dragged from her leg to the motion of her arms. Hmmm... His fingers itched his jaw, and the ice pack fell off of his abdomen into the small space of the seat. He was so concentrated on the mechanics of Iris' body that he didn't notice that the two bots had collided with one another, and she hit the switch on one of the bots. The second bot slumped as it powered down, then it transitioned to its neutral standing position. He jolted up as he hurriedly snatched the iPad before it slid off his lap, and he activated the panel barrier over the switch on the first bot. "Shade! I mean Iris." He set it to standby momentarily, massaging his forehead tensely before taking a deep breath to settle his nerves. "You're completing the objective, and your performance is notable. But don't break the robots. With humans, you can break bones, spill blood, knock out a tooth. And they can go to the infirmary and fix themselves, but these costs hundreds and thousands of dollars! Collins will sell my leg to the black market to get funding for replacements if they are damaged. I-" Breathing didn't calm the irritation and anxiety, and when he didn't want to blow up, he did. His words sped up and mashed together in a crash, tied with his heavy native tongue; he wasn't so sure what bits came out as coherent English. The whole thing with Nguyen had more of a toll than Andreas would admit, and it was toying with his head which he strongly disliked. No thoughts, empty your head, be blank. Taking a large inhale then exhale, he picked up the melting ice bag from his side and placed it on his chest. His heart thumped erratically. "I mean- forget it. Let's go at this again. You're doing great."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:45 am

The moment the captain set the robots to standby Iris put both hands on her knees and knelt down, her chest rising deeply and falling rapidly from tiredness. Perhaps she needed to build her endurance. The girl wanted nothing more than to collapse on the ground and drink a large gallon of water, then just sleep. But that wasn't an option. She wiped her head again, not bothering to fix her hair that was dangling by the piece of loose hair tie. Despite her tiredness the girl looked up as Andreas continued to speak. It was usually surprising to hear him say many words at once. She watched curiously as he kept talking, getting lost in his speech. Was it her or had he spoken a different language? Just like yesterday when he had been annoyed with her. And now he was saying too many words that was within normal range for him and speaking in a different language again. Iris stood up straight slowly, turning her attention to the robots. She was behaving herself, doing what he wanted her to do. She calmed her own temper down and thought to herself that perhaps, he wasn't angry at her. Whatever it was, Iris pushed it to the back of her mind.
It would have worked out wonderfully if he hadn't told her she was doing great. Iris's head whipped back around to the captain so fast she got dizzy. Her hand went to her head in an attempt to correct her vision and stability as she finally spoke up, "What? I'm doing great?" Andreas may say she was doing okay, or improving, or finally getting it...but to go out directly to say Iris was doing great was a whole different ballpark.
"Um...I'm asking this 100% trainee to trainer...are you alright? Are you feeling well? And before you snap at me with something snarky, you've been off. And I can guess or you can just tell me, or neither can happen. But I can't focus I'd you're being... different."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed May 29, 2019 1:49 am

"I've had better days. And for obvious reasons, today's not one of them." Answering truthfully, Andreas took the wet pack away from his body, and his hands gripped the wheels of his chair. Pushing himself into the circle, he looked close on the bots to gauge the exterior conditions of the body. Some scratches and grooves. They shut down fine, so there seems to be no internal problems. That was enough for using the robots for a day; he wasn't going to push limits when it came to a gamble of six figures. He was ready to finish the day and start tomorrow, knowing that sleep would be a temporary solution for his mood. Being...? Andreas turned and looked up at Iris curiously, then he arched a brow. He moved, so he was in front of and facing his student. "You say different? Don't tell me you can't focus cause I said you were doing great?" He turned on his brakes and tilted his chin up. He was always looking down at Iris, not up at her; the neck pain already creeped on him. "I'll give you one of my weaknesses, Shade I-I-" The strain was foreign, but he refused to familiarize with it. With a quick motion of his hand, he beckoned Iris to come be at eye level with him. "I can't lie, like I physically cannot make myself lie no matter how hard I try. I can go around the truth and tell you indirectly, but when are you going to know you're getting better, getting closer to your goal if I don't tell you? I've seen how much you've work and practice in these months. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't the truth."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:31 am

Iris nodded in understanding when Andreas claimed he had better days. Somehow in Iris's mind, Andreas was still a strict, stony and almost unfeeling presence. It was still hard for her to believe that he had been affected by this morning's events. It added to what he'd done yesterday which made him seem a lot more human than moments ago. She ran a hand through her hair as she backed up so he could inspect the bots. She watched him, as usual, another question forming in her mind. However, she wanted to abide by his rules and keep it only about training so she stifled the question.
She was putting her hair back up when she heard him speak again. Iris paused for a second, wiping her forehead of sweat once more. She followed along and squatted down because she was also tired and it took a lot of will for her not to fall on the ground. Normal training and extra training was difficult but based on what Andreas was saying, it was paying off. "I don't think being unable to lie is a weakness though, captain. But...I guess I was so used to seeing you as strict, to the point and with your methods...it was just unexpected that you said anything nice at all. But thank you, it's all because of your training," she stood up and backed away a little more, trying to be nonchalant about it. "Do you need me to help you clean up or do something with the robots?"

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:49 pm

"You've done well today, so," He shut down the light ring and checked the internal statistics of the bots on the tablet. She beat Nguyen for the first time, and Andreas introduced new training with the robots. He clearly saw that her body and muscles needed to recuperate. It would no good to overexert her as je wouldn't see the results he wanted. Andreas looked around the room as he thought what Iris could do to assist him, going backwards. Does she even clean after herself? Who knows what she did to my hall. There was a couple of stray pieces of practice equipments pushed into the corners of the room and the landing mats were in a disarray. The entire room could use straightening up, but he wasn't going to become a part-time maid. Yet, he wouldn't be able to leave sane if he left it how it was. Sighing, he pulled out his small ring of keys from his shorts pocket, and he singled out a bronze key. "Go grab all the pad gloves and ropes and put them in storage, and I'll put the sparring bots back. And then we can leave." Holding out the key, Andreas nodded his head in the direction where the storage was.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:50 am

Iris had to fight the warm feeling that was slowly building up in response to Andreas telling her again for the second time that she had done well. She had been proud of herself before that and happy for her improvement no doubt. However, hearing it from the captain just seemed to confirm it for her. For a few moments, as she bathed in the fact that she was almost to where she wanted to be and she was actually making progress, Iris forgot the aching of her sore muscles. It wasn't until she reached for the key Andreas held out to her that she felt every muscle in her arm. She took the key despite that and followed his eyes to the storage. "Okay," she nodded. Iris wasn't one to be told something twice if she understood. Despite the captain's words today and the introduction of the robots and successful practice, she didn't forget where she stood with him. Standing still for just those few minutes had made her muscles almost impossible to move. Her movements were slow as she picked up some of the gloves and ropes around the room and then opened the storage room to put them in. It took two trips to get all the padded gloves and ropes into the closet. She didn't close the door, however, just in case there were other things they had to put in. "Is there anything else?" Compared to Andreas's training room she could definitely say this room had a lot more things laying around. But if she didn't have the captain's room to compare it to, it wouldn't have seemed messy in the least.