G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

God Of The North
Bronze

Re: G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

Post by God Of The North » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:08 pm

A man stood, watching this occur, his thick arms crossed over his chest, his hair falling to the nape of his neck and his golden eyes narrowed. Atticus was watching this from a little bit away, his stance ready to react and intervene if he felt the need. He had been just walking down the hall from Rae's room, totally minding his own business, when he heard the sound of flesh against wood, and he came over to investigate.

He had stumbled upon them as Eli and Walker began squaring up, before either of their powers were activated, but he did not step in, nor did he say anything to announce his presence. He was about fifteen feet away from them, leaning against a different tree, not the one Eli had been punching. He honestly didn't care about their fight, but he did care about the fact that if there were too many fights within a certain amount of time, the guards became hard-asses and locked down on everything, and that was an annoyance for him. if it seemed that the fight was getting too out of hand, he'd intervene so the guards weren't called, but until that point, he'd let them beat on each other to blow off some steam and let out some anger and energy.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:30 am

Keith’s face turned red at the idea. Was this flirting? It was a little forward for that wasn’t it? Maybe it was just a joke? Is it too late to laugh? Usually he knew people better before they started making jokes like that. And he made the joke again, of course, bump Keith up a shade of red why don’t you?

Keith thought of defending himself, but found himself unable to find words that wouldn’t make it sound worse. Instead he just stood there, silent, waiting for the situation to pass.
Go ahead and buy yourself a drink
Cause you know you’re deserving of it
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep

Azra

Post by Azra » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 am

Yellow eyes rolled in annoyance she'd only come close to seeing an expression like his in animals like those she'd hunted with her dad. Something she couldn't do anymore and had been losing chance to do sense she'd acquired something to hide. "Yes I get it, it's a lovely cage. But a wolf shouldn't be in a cage" she'd admit maybe she saw it as something worse then what it was. That maybe they might help her, that having others around like her might do some good. In her own analogy maybe if she was a wolf this here could be her pack. In the back of her mind however her song continued to play. A ghostly melody of someone wanting more. "I'd rather be bloody haunted and free, then continue feeling confined."

She wouldn't speak the entire plan of hers as that would get in the way of questions. If she went alone, she needed it to be messy enough that she was someone to hunt instead of cracking down on others. And to do so as an individual so that nobody could be questioned well about what she did or where she went. It was better this way, to just run.

A fence goes up in flames, embers dance in the air. Anger became the dominant emotion it seemed of those near her as one of them played their song of choice. Alezra though tried to do them the favor of just moving in front of the hand doing what she could to try and make it look to those distant like it had been intended as an attack on her but just gone through her body instead not unlike Eli's fist. She wanted staff to hopefully think the snow haired new student was a catalyst of anger as opposed to something more. Then as a fight started to pick up and the fence came down Alezra turned and began to sprint away.

A guard approached with a police baton in hand. Ready to swing at Alezra when she drew near but her ability was as simple as it was efficient. The baton passed through her a swish through the air with no impact. It was met by a spectral stake, a sharpened piece of wood diving into the shoulder and just under the the collar bone. It wasn't fatal but it looked like an attempt to be, and the scene it painted was a ghastly thing. And then she continued, running. A straight line for now easy to follow easy to give chase. She was a threat and on the run but also alone and seeming to put her investment more in her ability. For now that was what Alezra wanted, it helped paint the scene in hopefully away that didn't have to fall on others.

Orph

Post by Orph » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Eli lifted Walker by his collar, and shoved him to the ground, before he had the chance to react. He picked himself up slowly, and his eyes narrowed. Without being summoned, his personal shoulder-devil appeared, grinning.

"You can't do it, can you?"

Walker didn't respond out loud, but the look in his eyes was response enough.

"Think of it this way. This guy is pretty much the quintessential high-school bully. Big, dumb... he even shoved you on the ground. What's next, is he gonna ask you for your lunch money? Not to mention he's a damn coward, too. Happy to stay here in this prison where it's safe."

Walker smiled. "You're right. That does make me want to kill him."
Attaboy. And in the end- you or him?"

Walker lunged forward, flaming staff in hand, and swung it at Twitch's head, the heat enough to burn and blister flesh in seconds. He followed up with another strike, this time holding the staff like a spear, and trying to drive it into Twitch's shoulder.

"No choice at all."

Regardless of if his attacks even connected, Walker would dart backwards, towards the fence, and slam the staff into the ground. A wall of flame sprung up between Walker and the rest of the school, including the guards, now arriving to break up the fight.

Looks like she's making a break for it. Best to follow, I think.

He turned, and stepped through the hole in the fence. The song continued to play, as he went, raising his hand, and extending his middle finger in the general direction of the school.

"Hey! Alezra!" Walker shouted, to try and get her attention, as he went from a walk to a jog to a run. "I bought us some time, but they're gonna be sending helicopters after us in, like... minutes. Do you have a plan?"

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Jae Wook brightened at the offer, offering a lopsided grin. It was nice of them to invite him along, even though they'd just met him. Chuckling at Ezekiel's words, the mint haired lad rose from his seat, mastering his face into a fake stoic expression, and mimed drawing a sword from his hip and holding it before him.

"Fear not, good sir. I will accompany you and do my utmost to protect you from the threat of dishonor." he droned, voice lowering an octave from it's already pleasant baritone. Breaking from his character playing for a moment, he glanced at Keith and Mercy, the little smile returning.

"If that is alright with your companions."
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Keith shook his head, muttering under his breath, “I swear to fucking god.” This was ridiculous. Ezekiel should be perfectly capable of defending his own ass like everyone else, but the whole scene had gotten him over his embarrassment, so he couldn’t complain.

“I guess you want the whole tour? The ins and outs?” Keith had been over every inch of this place. He knew everything about the place. It’s almost like he could be used as some sort of plot device so other characters would learn things. But that’s silly.

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:49 pm

As the sun set, students were given dinner then confined to the dorm area. It was harder to watch them at night given how little light they had installed in the building and how tired security was. Night security would soon arrive to take their places.

~~~~~~~~~

Keith had given an extensive tour, showing them all the classrooms, including the one they weren’t supposed to go in because of the “incident.” A student had quite literally exploded in there. He probably died, but the school wouldn’t confirm.

Keith showed them all of the little details, like how he used to be able to fit in the vents, but gave up on staying that thin after he had been given a tracking device.

“You know the chip they give dogs? The one between their shoulder blades? Yeah, I got that, but they can track me all of the time, not just when it’s scanned.”

Keith told them about how to pop the windows out in the rooms if you were so careful. He told them about how once a week, a cleaning crew was let in and that it was super easy to sneak out with them if you weren’t too distinct.

Keith showed them all of the places where illegal shit went down, mostly with people who were too recognizable to get out or too scared to. Other things happened in dark corners that he was too ashamed of to talk about. People using their “talents” to make them money. He wouldn’t call it prostitution, but it totally is. Horny kids gotta make money too.

“Anyway, I talk too much.” Keith finished as they entered the cafeteria for dinner. “I hope you all had fun listening to me drone on and on.”

After dinner Keith was reluctant to head back to his room, but he was too tired to fight anyone about it today. He collapsed on his bed, knowing he wouldn’t be able to sleep while worrying about Nia.

~~~~~~~~~~

Angelica was disappointed in the new students. None of them seemed to be as significant as they thought they were. A pity, she would have loved a challenge. The halls were quiet as night fell as they often were. Somehow most people here weren’t morning or night people. Maybe that was because it was uber fucking depressing in here.

Angelica took a seat at her desk, leaving the door open slightly. She didn’t need it open, but a little confrontation might brighten her day.

~~~~~~~~~~

Finn finally arrived to his room. He hadn’t even thought of entering it all day, but apparently wandering the halls after sun down was “suspicious” and “against the rules.” Pft fucking buzz kills. He saw half the room was already lived in, so the other half must be his own. He was used to living in a small apartment so this room was already much bigger than anything he had before.

Finn decided to make himself at home, given this was his new home for the school year. They got to go home in the summer right? Yeah, that’s certainly a thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marie had finally figured out her room situation. She didn’t have a roommate, which most people would like, but she found it lonely. She sat in her room, door wide open. Closed doors made her feel claustrophobic. She would close it when she changed, but other than that, she could see no harm leaving it open.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:05 pm

After the extensive tour Keith provided to the newbs, Mercy returned to her room, laying on her bed while covering her eyes with her arm. The blonde had pretty much just spent the whole tour admiring Keith in secret, keepin quiet the whole time. Mercy sighed heavily, before looking at Rae. "So, what were you up to while I was gone?" She asked with a sweet smile. Hopefully Rae hadn't gotten in trouble while out and about.

The blonde was pretty tired at this point, and she was probably going to bed unless something exciting happened. A pity that Rae wasn't with them on the academy tour, but you know, what could you do. Mercy's blue eyes landed on Rae's guitar. "Had fun playing?" She asked. Maybe Rae hadn't been all that bored after all. Her thoughts began wandering again, to Keith, of all people. The blonde tried to get the mental image of him out of he r head but like a lovestruck idiot, she absolutely couldn't. Good thing she now at least was not having to control herself. Mercy sighed once again. If only Keith didn't have a billion admirers already. She swore she had even seen guys give him interested looks.
Love, Kitty!

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Rae had fallen asleep, knocked out on her bed snoring until Mercy walked in and woke her up. “Oh! Hi, yeah I had a good time. I settled in and jammed out for a while,” she said with a smile. Her hair poofed out a bit from sleep, but still managed to stay untangled. She hesitated to talk to Mercy about Atticus for a few moments, but promptly spilled.

“So.. uh, Atticus came to our dorm a few hours ago. It was weird, let me tell you!” She didn’t go too far into details, chuckling to herself. “How can someone be so tall? Like, that’s NBA player level height. I had to look up to look him in the eyes!” The girl shrugged. “How was your afternoon, Merce?” Raelynn had developed nicknames for all of the people she met so far, and was just testing them out.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 pm

Eli woke up in his room, vaguely remembering the fight that had occurred earlier. He didn't even know why he became so angry about it in the first place. He should've just let them run without intervening. Not much would've been lost because of it.

Eli took of his shirt and examined his body, the good thing was that kid had terrible aim with that staff, Twitch was faster than he looked which made those dodges pretty trivial. If that fight would have dragged out he probably would've ended up killing the kid anyways. So that was good at least.

After making sure he hadn't been hit Eli decided to try and train a little bit, a place like this had to have a gym, and he had to train everyday to make sure he wasn't getting rusty. But he still didn't know this place at all. His short time here had been spent either getting his ass kicked or walking around aimlessly.

Maybe I should ask someone for help finding it, that Keith kid seems like a good place to start

Eli exited his room and went down the hall for a few minutes before ending up at Keith and Zeke's room. He knocked on the door just loud enough for them to hear inside.