The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Svisttt

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by Svisttt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:15 am

Miyako quickly turned around after hearing a boy's voice, holding the little blue slip and her sketchbook closer to her chest. At first, she thought he was talking to someone else, but swiftly realized the questions were directed at her. Oh god... Miyako cleared her throat a little and stole a quick glance at his face before immediately turning her attention to the sticky note in his hands, frowning slightly.

"It was... on my textbooks," Miyako hesitantly answered. She could've smacked herself for already forgetting A-22 was Okawa's room- she had had his class fairly close to the end of the day so there wasn't much of an excuse. It's not like it was a forgettable experience, either. She didn't know how to respond to the prompt he had given the whole class, and in the end simply wrote, "I don't know".

She tucked her sketchbook under her arm, and carefully smoothed out the slight wrinkles she had made in the paper. Glancing between the two notes, Miyako supposed they looked the same, and judging by the questions he was asking...

Dumbass, answer the question.

"Y-Yeah, that's what it said... Mr. Okawa's room, A-22," Miyako quickly answered after a short pause, stuttering slightly. She figured it was her turn to ask questions and mumbled, "Why d'ya ask?"
"hold me,
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:29 am

Yoshiki backed up a bit from the girl, trying to read her emotions and compensate as she seemed a bit uncomfortable because of his presence. Bad impressions, you probably could have just gone to the class, but now you’ve been nosy and you got in the way.

Textbooks? Well that meant the notes weren’t just on lockers or randomly scattered, the girl had been picked - or chosen, or sought out. Yoshiki wasn’t sure of this fact yet - Just as his locker had been picked, and since he was new, the only person who he had met had been...

"Why d'ya ask?" She asked, a bit sheepishly, if he add.

“I’m sorry, I’ve made this awkward and I didn’t mean to do that, it’s just that I received a note saying the same thing.” Yoshiki said, maintaining the comfortable distance between him and the girl. “I am sorry if this is uncomfortable. I’m new here and this is a bit confusing, does this usually happen at this school?” He added, and instantly regretted the words that spilled from his mouth.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:33 am

As soon as Eiko fell into pace behind her, Sayuri seemed to relax. Tight shoulders fell and her arms, clutching the note in a fist close to her chest, now swung loosely at her sides. She even stopped humming. Replacing the anxiety was a palpable excitement, a reverence that always seemed to appear whenever the two girls came together.

"Eiko!" Sayuri chirped, holding out the now-even-more-crumpled note to her best friend. She scrunched up her nose and looked aside for a moment, piecing together what to say next. "I got this. What is this?"

Eiko would know. The thought that she'd given it to Sayuri was no longer in her mind (pointless things seldom remained), but she knew Eiko had to know, because Eiko knew everything. Well, almost everything, excepting the math homework Sayuri often tried to help her with.

"It's an odd note," she added, as if to clarify what she was holding.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Svisttt

Post by Svisttt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:56 am

Miyako quickly shook her head at his apology and tried to make things a little better, even if it wasn't the greatest attempt on her part, "Oh! Uh, no... no worries you didn't do anything wrong." She bit her lip and cautiously took a step or two forwards to show she was... at least slightly alright with him. She wasn't completely sure why she was so quick to try mending things, under usual circumstances she would've happily taken the chance to dash out of the situation. Something kept her in place though, be it curiosity or something completely different.

"I... just transferred here today as well. I couldn't say if this is normal or not," Miyako offered an awkward little smile that was quick to fade away as she glanced down the hallway. "D'ya want to walk together?" Swiftly realizing that was a tad vague, Miyako tried clarifying, "To Owaka's, I mean. Since we're both going there."

Don't make it weird, he doesn't even know your name.

"Wait sh-- crap, uh, I'm Miyako, by the way."

Super smooth, congrats.
"hold me,
is a little later on."

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:23 am

Yoshiki smiled politely and lightened up, now that he knew she was a bit more comfortable with a stranger approaching her and asking about a weird note. "Well that's a relief, I thought I had just socially ruined myself." He laughed lightly at the circumstances and readjusted the strap on his bag. "Of course, it would be a bit weird if we just ignored each other completely." He added, and began walking towards Okawa's room at a comfortable pace.

"Nice to meet you, Miyako." He said, giving her a friendly smile. "I'm Yoshiki, or Tatsuda if you would prefer. I don't mind either way." He introduced in a friendly voice, but did not extend a hand, instead he let their walk seal the introduction.

"So, where did you transfer from? If you mind me asking."
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 am

What is this indeed. Sayuri held out the note for her to take and as she read, Eiko took out her own note to compare. This troubled her. She didn't enjoy the idea of anyone taking advantage of Sayuri. In fact...

"You're right about that," Eiko had crumpled both notes together and tossed them. "I think I should pay this friend a visit just to make sure." The room was A-22, shouldn't be too hard to figure it out. As Eiko searched the room numbers she momentarily paused for Sayuri as if to confirm her thoughts on the matter.

"Coming with me?"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:59 am

After a short walk Lydia soon found herself staring at another student standing infront of the classroom A-22. The girl seemed to be unsure about whether or not to enter, this made Lydia begin to question if she really should go in or not. She continued to watch very briefly as her thoughts raced in concern for the pacing girl and for herself, eventually she resolved to reach out and find out what was wrong with the girl.

Lydia's hand began to reach towards the girl to get her attention but then suddenly pulled back to flip her long blonde hair back over her own shoulder. She then lifted her chin in a rather pompous manner and spoke coldly to the pacing girl, "Move. You are in my way." Lydia immediately began inwardly screaming at herself for being so rude, unsure why she would say and do something so mean, but even still her expression stayed cold and condescending like a queen looking down on a peasant.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

"You're an outsider..."
Why was this in his backpack?
"An anomaly..."
A moment's glance was all it took, a moment where it was left unguarded, and then it was there. Frankly, it was more than a moment, but that did not matter at the time.
Hayate surveyed the paper with his eyes over and over again, desperately trying to identify the handwriting to no avail.
"You're an outsider..."
He changed direction, heading for the designation.
Mr. Okawa's? What on Earth...

People were chatting, smiling, having fun.
Hayate couldn't do any of that. Not while someone knew... that...
"Would you like to know why?..."
He felt exposed.
He had to find out.
He opened the door.
"You are not alone."

Outside the room were two girls. One with dark hair and a red stripe, the other tiny and golden-haired.
The notes they grasped made everything clear.
"Hey, fighting's useless. I see you got this thing as well." He exclaimed as he approached them, holding the note up before tucking it into his trousers; just in case the notes were different.
"We all want in. Might as well head in there and get this over with, right?"
He reached for the door, hoping the girls won't be offended by his aggressively-direct demeanor. He tried being calm, but knowing that someone knows something so personal about you... It's horrifying.

Cracking open the door, Hayate snuck a glance inside to get a better understanding of his- No, their- their predicament.

After assessing the situation, he fully opened the door and headed inside.
Last edited by Wint on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

Svisttt

Post by Svisttt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Miyako swung her arms slightly as they walked, keeping her gaze down the hallway and rarely looking at him, "Yo-shi-ki," she said slowly, making sure she was pronouncing it right, "That's a lovely name." She squinted a little, and saw a few figures standing by what she assumed to be room A-22. Did they get the same thing...? She could barely make out their voices, but she figured it was a boy and a girl or two.

"So, where did you transfer from? If you mind me asking." the boy asked, seemingly trying hard to stay polite.

"Oh... uh, Kaeje. It's a place not too far from here," she paused for a moment, then shrugged and continued, "My dad thought I could use a fresh start." They were quickly approaching the classroom, so Miyako figured she could ask one more question, "How about you?"
"hold me,
is a little later on."

Azra

Post by Azra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Stupid and indecisive came to mind for Taylor as she was addressed eventually by someone. It sounded rather rude and superior in the delivery like someone who thought a crown was upon their head. That said she did feel she deserved it, was just a door the hell was she doing? "Sorry princess" she remarked trying to save face with a relaxed stance and teasing name. She went for the door looking to open it for the woman in a hope to help cushion her own indecisiveness but found another approached. Said fighting was useless, to which Taylor disagreed. Had to stand up for oneself and others, she had no reason to bite here but in principle Taylor kind of hoped maybe she'd find friends worth fighting for. Provided she wasn't as much of a outcast as she felt and that note seemed to confirm.

That said as the door was opened by the guy it became easier for Taylor to step forward. Simply entering into the room and picking a corner near the door. It was close to an exit should she feel like this wasn't going anywhere or a waste of her time. It was also however just a seat close to entry a way to not disturb to many others mid conversation. The note she'd kept in hand she laid on the desk before sitting on the desk herself. A silent and easy way in her mind to confirm she'd gotten the note like so many of the others had. Without repeatedly discussing the matter which she expected might otherwise happen. "Wouldn't happen to also be a new transfer would you?" Her question rather directed at the room as a whole as opposed to any singular person. The cast just had that air about them, and it seemed a probable additional connective tissue between those gathered together.