Hogwarts (1982) #5

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

databaseoverload

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by databaseoverload » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Dirk intended to keep these fuckers out of his hoops. He knew this wasn’t the part that mattered, he could keep as many points away from them as possible, but if they caught the snitch, it would be over. It still kept his mind off of his impending doom.

Dirk had wanted to be a beater, he tried every year, but he was always too sloppy with it. It was a way to get his anger out, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t get it out in a controlled manner. So keeper it was, keeping his anger welled up inside. It wasn’t like he couldn’t do something destructive instead. He could punch a wall, practice defense, stab som- He barely kept that quaffle from entering a hoop. Maybe he should focus.

~~~

Adriana knew she should go watch her brother play. She knew she should be there to support her house. She knew what she should be doing right now, but she couldn’t. She physically could, but mentally, she needed to be here, looking into the lake. Luckily no one else would be coming in here. She could just think. No distractions. Just her and the water.

God, why did it have to be winter. Adriana could be out there if it wasn’t. She was stuck in here, just watching, not being. It was painful. Maybe the lake wouldn’t be that cold. No, that was crazy. It was frozen over. She’d certainly be frozen over if she went to it. Still, the idea lingered. Floating in that lake again, completely at peace. She missed that. She didn’t have any worries other than keeping herself afloat on the calm waters. It was nice. Was it really that crazy?
But it's plain to see
Evil, inside of me
Is on the rise

Octavia_Greyye

Post by Octavia_Greyye » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Tamara smiled back at the Ravenclaw, glad that he was welcoming. “Nice to meet you, Vincent! How’s your first day been? I bet everyone has been all over your accent, yes?” A South African boy transferring to Hogwarts mid-semester in his fifth year was basically unheard of, so she assumed that everyone was interested in him.

When necessary, Mara cheered. If a house made a great play, she would whoop in some form. It was common courtesy in her mind, as a quidditch player, to appreciate good teamwork.
the eagles can eat mY ENTIRE ASS ughhhhh

MidnightSky

Post by MidnightSky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Ani chuckled at Blade's confrontation of Beatrice. Off of the field they could be worst enemies, but all that mattered now was crushing the competition. She positioned herself strategicly, not diving in for the quaffle, but instead dropping backwards slightly to prepare for either team grabbing the ball.
"Quem roubou o meu milho?"

Trandafir
Intermediate Mod

Post by Trandafir » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 pm

"It's not a date if I go by myself," Chase said with a sly smile, standing up from his seat and walking towards the girl. "Need some help with that?" He asked, watching as the girl gathered her art supplies. Meanwhile, he also glanced quickly at his portrait. It wasn't finished, but it looked great so far - almost as good as the reference.

The moment the quaffle was out, Beatrice flew in full speed towards it. She grabbed the ball and dived, so she could avoid Ravenclaw's attempts at taking it from her.

John's eyes were in the Slytherin brunette. He flew towards the nearest bludger and sent it in her direction. She was too close to the arcs already, but the moment the bludged neared her broom, Beatrice tossed the quaffle at her team mate Anima Gaunt.

"Don't miss it," Beatrice muttered to herself, after avoiding the bludger.

The moment they stepped into the forbidden forest, Raj felt a shiver go all the way up his spine. In there, it was as if it was night already. The cheers from the crowd watching the quidditch game faded quickly at every step the gang took deeper into the forest.

The young Hufflepuff tried to turn his torch on, and luckily for them, after failing a couple of times thanks to old batteries it worked. But perhaps it would have been better if it hadn't worked.

"G-guys..." the small smirk that had taken place in Raj's lips thanks to his success quickly vanished, when his flashlight illuminated a group of dog-sized spiders with their big, bright and disgusting eyes flashing at their direction. The boy illuminated his right and his left, only to find out they were surrounded. And it was unlikely that those would be friendly creatures.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Firex

Post by Firex » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:01 pm

Blade watched as Beatrice passed on the quaffle and the Ravenclaw chasers zoomed up the pitch to try and intercept it. Not if he could help it though. Blade flew in front of the line of sight of one of the Ravenclaws, making figure eight patterns with his broom in order to distract them. "Hey raven, shouldn't you be back up in your tower studying?" he playfully jeered.

FlorenceRP

Post by FlorenceRP » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 am

Milan stopped her broom with a halt, lightly tilting it sideways so she wouldn't hit the player that intercepted her path. She was already chuckling by the time her eyes darted to Blade's face. "What about you, snake boy? Shouldn't we be bottling up your venom for potion class?" She looked up in time to see Dylan flying towards the quaffle. And a lost Bludger coming right in the direction of her and Blade. "Oh look, time to go." She turned and darted in the opposite direction to avoid the ball.

========================================

I hope Ravenclaw is winning already. Nick thought as the cheers from the game faded away, leaving them only with the sounds of whatever it was that lived in the forest, just waiting for a bunch of students to step in. The light from Raj's torch made him blink, although his face soon looked even more white than the glow coming from it. "Oh no." Nick reached into his pack, pulling on of the potions so he could throw it towards the spiders. The blue liquid tilted inside the bottle, and he hesitantly waited for Flora and Tobias to react first.
-------

Firex

Post by Firex » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Blade turned his head to see what Milan was flying away from just in time to lean out of the way of the bludger. Thank goodness for the reflex to move out of the way of objects barrelling towards you. As the ball slowed down so it could turn back around and aim for him again, he took the opportunity to fly back to the main group, hoping it would target someone else. Funny though, that just because Snape taught potions it was generalised as a Slytherin activity. Obviously the comment was supposed to be insulting since the whole school knew that he wanted the DADA position, but Blade no longer cared since he found out that Severus didn't consider him in the same regard that he use to.

MidnightSky

Post by MidnightSky » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Ani caught the quaffle, immediately leaning forward on her broom to pick up speed. Snaking towards the golden hoops, she planned her shot. Quickly, Ani threw the quaffle towards the hoops, flicking her broom up as she did so. Hopefully Beatrice was ready for if the ball missed or was thrown back at them.
"Quem roubou o meu milho?"

Golden_

Post by Golden_ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Jackie returned to her normally awkward and stiff self once the subject changed for the worse; to the supposed date. It was the topic she would've wanted to avoid altogether, but knowing Chase and his history, she should've known it was impossible.

Briefly, the girl managed to stay silent with regards to the subject, merely shaking her head 'no' in response to his offer of a helping hand. After all, cleaning her supplies wasn't difficult. She just shoved everything, without any order, into her bag - perhaps that was why finding anything specific was a nightmare. While she did the easy part, Jackie pondered over a reasonable response to the difficult question.

Finally, once she was all set (and forced to talk), the girl looked at him, square-on, with a slight smile on her face. "I think I'm going to drop my stuff off in my room first," she stated firmly. "I'll meet you there?" This gave her a little more time to think things over. If she decided to go, she'd go. If not... surely Chase wouldn't mind being stood up?

-----------

Everything was going fine and dandy for Tobias and the group. However, it was impossible for things to remain that way. Soon enough they were presented with their first obstacle: dozens of bloody massive acromantula. The boy stopped in his tracks and slowly spun around to see if there was a way out. Nope. Completely surrounded. Crap. He held on firmly to his wand but kept it lowered, while racking his brain for any information on these things.

Thankfully, due to his obsession with DADA, he was able to come up with something. A few things, actually. Firstly, they could speak - or at least some of them could. Hopefully at least one. That would really be helpful. If not, he had a repelling spell in mind. What he couldn't remember was their ultimate fear; the piece of information that would really help them out if his first two options didn't work out.

"Follow my lead," Tobias whispered to the group, before turning his attention to the spiders. "We're not looking for trouble. I think we can help each other..." he said cautiously, watching for any aggressive movements from the creatures.

----------

Vincent chuckled under his breath, recalling the events that had already occurred during the day. Discovering and then fucking with the potions master and his supply closet, blackmailing a cute Hufflepuff, creating a few Slytherin enemies, discovering his new secret spot - the list went on and on. "I wish I could say that's the case," he murmured under his breath, while a mischevious smirk spread across his lips.

"Are you cheering for anyone specific? Or are you one of those girls who cheers whenever anyone can get it in?"
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

Octavia_Greyye

Post by Octavia_Greyye » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 am

Tamara smiled, laughing a little. "Well, I'll be the first one to say it then! Your accent is very interesting." She was in a good mood today. When Vincent asked her about her patterns of cheering, she shrugged. "I guess I am, sometimes. It's a fascinating game, it's been played for hundred of years! Plus, the Gryffindors are going to obliterate whoever wins anyways, so I might as well be supportive." You could tell the girl was an athlete, from the way she spoke so highly of this sport.

"Has someone at least given you the grand tour of the school? Like, the real tour, from a student. The professors don't know about the best places to hang out, or even study! It's an important aspect, otherwise you'll miss all the perks of Hogwarts."

--

Flora almost threw up at the sight of the spiders. She pulled out her wand, more than ready to ruin these eight-legged fuckers, until Tobias stopped them. How could these hairy insects help them at all? They would just be another thing to worry about. They started to surround the gang of students until there was barely any place to move besides the spots they had been standing on. "Tobias, these things feed on human flesh!" She whispered harshly, as he tried to make peace. "There's too many of them for an Arania Exumai, too! Oh, lord, we're screwed already.."
the eagles can eat mY ENTIRE ASS ughhhhh