Hogwarts (1982) #5

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Trandafir

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by Trandafir » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:50 am

All Johanna wanted was to forget that morning ever happened. She had to keep herself from lashing out on Blade when he brought the subject up. "What's that spell you used on Parker? I'd gladly slash them in half. Not like we'd get expelled for it, I mean, you got away with it." The blonde mentioned with a shrug. She didn't know how Blade had managed to get nothing more than a suspension, and she certainly admired him for that.

"Why would we get to i-" Raj's eyes widened and he stopped mid-sentence when he noticed the look on Flora's face. "Flora. No." The boy shook his head, knowing where the girl's mind was wandering off to. Going back out there was insane, and utterly dangerous. There was a reason why Dumbledore had forbidden them from going into the woods (that were already forbidden), and as much as he felt bad for what happened to the centaur and wanted whatever thing that did it to get caught, he valued his life the most.

"We're not going back out there. We're just students, let the professors take care of it." He said the last part in a whisper, so other students who were walking by wouldn't listen to their conversation.

Beatrice finished her meal quickly; it was an easy task to accomplish when she had no one to talk to. She stood up with a sigh, walking out of the great hall to head over to the library.

Before going up there, the girl decided to stop by her common room to pick up the book she had borrowed the day before, so she could return it. Oddly enough, she found Jackie on her way down to the dungeons, and the girl seemed quite... Tense? "Are you lost?" She asked when she approached her, not noticing that the door to Snape's closet was open behind her.

"Hey, what the-" Chase was about to complain to who had yanked him to the side, but didn't finish the curse when he saw it was just Noah. They hadn't talked to each other in a while, and the boy's accusation that he was screwing with his head caught him by surprise. "What are you talking about?" He asked, confused and quite honestly, angry with Noah's aggressive approach. "I didn't do anything, so if someone is messing with you it's not me"

John wasn't hungry, so he decided to go straight to the library to catch up on runes before class. Other than a lonely first year, a small group of Hufflepuff girls and Parker, the place was pretty much empty. The girls' chit-chat bothered him, but he thought that if he sat far enough away from them the noise wouldn't disturb him too much. With that thought in mind, he picked up a heavy book on runes from the shelves and sat down on an empty chair.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

Firex

Post by Firex » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Blade wasn't suprised that the girls had already figured out who it was, but what they'd found was certainly news to him. "Beatrice and Andrew? The Slytherins? I wonder what problem they have with you two..." He trailed off, thinking about what Johanna added. Blade definitely wasn't planning to teach her the spell, so he didn't respond, but he knew she was wrong. Sure he hadn't been expelled, but he hadn't gotten away with it either. If he had, nothing should have changed, but instead, everything did, and Blade just knew that the Parkers weren't done with him yet.

Chewable_tablets

Post by Chewable_tablets » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Of course, Chase was playing dumb. There wasn't any reason why he wouldn't. Noah knew that Chase is the only one it could be though because the only other people that he was not in good hands with were the blood supremacists. But there is no way that anyone in their group would do something that convulted to get back at him. Only Chase, the person who he openly insulted and was known for pranking anyone that got on his bad side, would do something like this for a little laugh. After realizing that he was coming off as a bit rash, the Gryffindor let go of Chase's shoulder and tried to explain his thought process, "Dude, I don't know if you think this is funny, but you actually made me think I was going loopy for a minute... But yeah, you are the only one I know that would do such a complicated prank for just this person. Those weird illusion spells that made me see and hear those things were interesting and all but they aren't working anymore so..." At the end Noah sort of trailed off. He assumed Chase had gotten the point and would hopefully just fess up and this would be over with.
The rebirth

Special thanks to Haru Kitsu on Twitter for the amazing profile art

Golden_

Post by Golden_ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Tobias wandered through the crowded aisles of the library, searching for a particular section; one that housed a plethora of dust-covered books about beasts (and how to find them). He managed to stumble upon the shelves fairly quickly, as they were quite popular, especially among Defense Against the Dark Arts enthusiasts, such as himself.

With a determined look on his face, the boy pulled a few hefty books from their shelves, and walked off with them tucked beneath his arm. Finding a suitable seat wasn't difficult, although he did notice John hanging out in the library as well. This, of course, influenced his decision on where to sit down, as he avoided all contact with the insufferable prefect, choosing to take a seat in the far corner.

-----------

Jackie paced across the width of the hallway as Vince shuffled around within the small room, debating whether or not she should leave the crime scene. Before she was able to make a decision, a figure turned to walk down the hall, causing the girl to stiffen and begin to freak out internally.

Oh god. She was screwed. They were screwed. It was Snape. He was coming to pop her head off like one of those old dolls she owned as a little girl. What if he shaved her head like she had to that one doll... what was her name again? Brit? Oh god.

She slowly moved away from the door and turned her back towards the figure, hoping they'd just pass by her without a question. Unfortunately, they didn't. Fortunately, it was just Beatrice.

"Beatrice!" She exclaimed loudly, jumping up into the air and turning around to face the brunette. "Hi! What're you doing here? Me? I'm not lost... Just hanging out. Enjoying the silence, you know, the usual. I heard pixies like silence. So I'm, uh, pixie hunting," the girl blurted out involuntarily. "Shh! Don't say another word! You'll scare them away and I've come so far. It'll just be better if you left." She placed her hands on Beatrice's shoulders and slowly guiding her away from the door, back in the direction she had come from.

----------

After blackmailing the girl into becoming his lookout, Vince got to work. He wasn't looking for anything in particular, just reading the alphabetically placed ingredients one by one. Admittedly, the stash was impressive. Very impressive. But he wasn't interested in stealing. Not yet at least.

He did, however, begin to move certain bottles around, placing them strategically in places where they didn't belong. Once his little puzzle was complete, a mischevious grin spread onto his lips and he stepped back to admire his work. Only time would tell if this Snape was smart enough to figure out his fairly easy code.

It was then that the sound of female voices filled the air. They belonged to Jacqueline, and this Beatrice girl. By the sound of things, he had chosen a terrible lookout. She couldn't keep her mouth shut for the life of her; but he wouldn't make the same mistake again.

With his work complete, Vince stepped out of the storage room abruptly, slamming the door after him. "Bloody hell, Jacqueline! That was certainly not the loo! Can't you be a little bit more helpful next time?" He said firmly, shooting the girl a dirty look.

"Oh! Who's this? Your girlfriend? She's pretty," he said, flashing the brunette a smirk. "Beatrice, is it?"
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

_Lucifer_

Post by _Lucifer_ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:53 am

Aleks
Thankfully, Minerva was interesting, she was actually more of a badass in Aleks’ mind but that was besides the point. Since the Gryffindor adored Professor McGonagall, the day had began to speed up a little, as well brighten up. Aleks was no longer groggy or tired and she wasn’t really in that much of a sour mood either, which was slightly new. The gryffindor took shortened notes of the information received in class. Transfiguration was quite interesting, although Aleks didn’t really think that she would ever use the skill herself, it was still nice to know for the chance of the information being on the OWLS and the slim possibility that she may need it sometime in the future.

After Transfiguration was over, the Gryffindor girl made her way to History of Magic. Usually she would be bored to death of learning the history of magic, but she was determined. Aleks was going to remain in this good mood for the rest of the day, even if it killed her. Having a little bit of light in your usually dark mood was a good change, it felt nice, like she wasn’t constantly being smothered by some thick fog. Anyway, in class she managed to pay attention for once and take some kind of notes, although they weren’t that good since she didn’t really care for the class.

Eventually it was time for lunch. She ended up taking her time on her walk to the Great Hall and found that not a whole lot of her 5th year housemates were there. It was a little uncomforting, but there were two people she recognized as 5th years. The only problem was that these two people were Chase and Noah. With everything that happened yesterday, Noah’s odd fear of Chase and the confrontation right here in the Great Hall, Aleks didn’t really feel like bothering them, especially because it looked like they were in a conversation that seemed a little too warm for Aleks’ comfort. Maybe she would see how things turned out at dinner, if she still had the ovaries to sit with someone other than herself (not that she had the ovaries now.) So instead, the Gryffindor just grabbed a piece of bread and walked off to her next class, except she didn’t have a class because she didn’t choose either of the electives that were taking place for Gryffindors during this time. Where to go, where to go. Let’s say library.

Cain
The blond boy eventually did just as he expected he would do, he fell asleep. It didn’t matter that the class was taught by Minerva or not, he was just tired. The way he usually took notes though was with his head resting on his arm which was bent to hide his face as he wrote, which of course was his way of convincing a teacher that he may be taking notes instead of sleeping in their class. Cain didn’t just do this in Transfiguration, he did it in History of Magic as well. Missing a lecture or two didn’t bother him since there was a library in the school and he could easily go read up on the subject later, or you know, ask the teacher to go over their lecture with him because he “didn’t understand it” as much as he’d like to.

Eventually History of Magic ended and the sound of people shuffling out of the room woke him up. Usually Cain would be excited by the fact that it was lunch, but because he had slept for the past two classes he wasn’t that hungry. Instead of walking to the Great Hall, he walked outside and decided that he would go chill in the owlery. It’s not like he had anything better to do at the moment so why not?

When he made it to the tower, he made sure to stride carefully on the steps, just to make sure he wouldn’t slip. Soon enough, Cain was up near the top of the tower, sitting on the steps looking at the various birds, debating on going back to sleep or just chilling for a bit before roaming the castle to look for someone to bother.
Snappin' necks and cashin' checks is what I do.

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:58 am

"Andrew is a twat. Selwyn is probably envious because I'm friends with Ani now." Johanna smiled at the redhead before turning back to Blade, with an uncharacteristic smirk on her pink lips. "So... Do you have any plans for after the big game?" She asked, lacing her hands together behind her back.

"Again, what are you talking about?" Chase asked, lifting a questioning eyebrow. Maybe Noah did go a bit loopy, if he thought he had done something to him. "Listen," he said with a sigh, looking at Noah in the eye and trying to look as serious as possible. "If I had tried to play a prank on you, I'd make sure you'd know who was behind it, alright? Whatever it is that's messing with your brain has nothing to do with me, and you should seriously consider talking to Pomfrey to get that fixed instead of throwing away false accusations."

Chase took the napkin by the side of his barely touched plate and stood up, while wiping the corners of his mouth. "I lost my appetite," he muttered, returning the used napkin to the table while looking at Noah with clear disappointment in his eyes.

Beatrice didn't know much about Jackie beside the fact that she was weird, came from a muggle family and had the odd habit of being kind to everyone, but now she could add 'terrible liar' to that small list. At first, the brunette didn't protest when the girl tried to drag her away, but she forcefully stopped on her feet at the sound of a door being slammed shut, followed by a masculine voice. She turned to look over her shoulder, catching the boy's smirk.

"Beatrice Selwyn." She said, ignoring his question and compliment while removing Jackie's hands from her shoulders. "You're Vincent Cohen, the new student. What are you doing down here? Don't tell me you're pixie hunting." Beatrice crossed her arms in front of her chest, looking between the smug looking boy and the closed door. Snape's closet. It was easy to assume what he was doing before being interrupted, what she didn't understand was what Jackie was doing with him.

Chewable_tablets

Post by Chewable_tablets » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:36 pm

"But... It only could have been you... It HAD to have been you!" Noah asserted while clenching up his fist for a moment. Straight after he did this though, the tension released from him and returned his fist to an open hand. Eyes widened, his glance shifted down his hand and he thought for a moment. Damn... What the hell is wrong with me? I am not a brute. I am Noah Douglas Cross and that isn't how I operate. Or well... I shouldn't operate like that. Just calm down and think about this for a second... Soon, the boy realized that Chase's words held truth. Chase is someone that would not hide their actions that he is proud of. It wouldn't make any sense for Chase to have been doing this at a closer examination. This discovery made Noah say something he had never expected to from this encounter. "I uh... I'm sorry." After saying it, he had a moment of true confusion, but quickly decided it was the correct thing to say. Half turned away, the Gryffindor decided that this conversation was pretty much over and glumly said, "Well... Good luck on that date, I guess. Better hope the girl doesn't run off after she sees tha- Uh... Nevermind." Noah stopped himself after realizing that a comment would be wrong after what had just happened.
The rebirth

Special thanks to Haru Kitsu on Twitter for the amazing profile art

Golden_

Post by Golden_ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 am

Jackie watched in horror as Vincent burst into the hallway, exposing himself to Beatrice in grand ol' style. What the...? What was the purpose of her keeping watch if he was just going to ruin everything? Her cheeks began to redden as guilt began to set in. She should've left and pretended nothing had ever happened.

---------

The wide cheshire-like grin on Vincent's face didn't waver in the slightest. Good, word was spreading. Hopefully these Brits would appreciate the incoming storm he was about to create.

The boy bowed, sliding his hand across his torso in a formal manner. "Scintillating!" He exclaimed cheerfully, quickly straightening back up to meet her gaze. "10 points to, uh, Slyyytherin! Now, you would've gotten another 10 if you had successfully comprehended what I had just said! Which was that I was using the loo! Not this preposterous pixie excuse!"

He then turned to Jackie, who stood stiffly beside Beatrice. "Is she daft? Are you daft? Pixies? Please. We would know if pixies were lurking around. What year are you two in? Perhaps you haven't learned about them yet..." he said thoughtfully, tapping his pointer finger against his chin.
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:52 am

Beatrice definitelly didn't like this guy. He was full of himself, obnoxious, arrogant and worse of all; he knew what he was doing. She noticed the embarrassment fill in Jackie's rosy cheeks, and felt her own turning pink by the way the boy was openly mocking them.

"I'm frankly surprised that Hogwarts took in a thief as a new student. Was that what got you kicked out of your old school, or did you leave because there was no one else to impress with your vast vocabulary there?" Beatrice asked faking a smile, and tilting her head slightly to the side. "If that's your way to try and look cool, try harder. Big words and inflated egos won't impress anyone over here."

Chase was slightly relieved to notice that Noah had finallt put some sense into his own head ans apologized to him. He hesitated for a moment, wondering if that would be a good time to try and make things right between them. Thing was; Chase liked Noah. They were never the closest of friends, but he didn't feel great being on bad terms with one of his roomates. His trail of thought was interrupted when Noah reminded him of the small (not so much at that point) mountain that popes out of his usually even forehead.

"Shit," Chase muttered under his breath, instantly reaching up to cover the area with his hands and try to pull his curls down to try and hide it; unsuccessfully of course. Was it that evident? "I... Thanks." Chase turned his back on Noah and left the hall, trying to regain his posture and confidence. It would all be fine. One pimple wouldn't ruin his day. Not if he stopped thinking about it.

Firex

Post by Firex » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Blade figured that he should confront his Slytherin acquaintances later about their prank, rather than instantly siding with Jo and Anima. If he didn't tread carefully, they would probably end up duelling each other or something. But, of course, back to the day's more important topic: the quidditch. "Plans after the game? Just celebrating our win in the common room, as per usual."