Thieving Hearts [Trooper FN-86]

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Farlight

Re: Thieving Hearts [Trooper FN-86]

Post by Farlight » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Felicia was silently sitting in her room trying to think. Sure it hurt to know the girl she was in love with was with a man but she seemed so happy. It made her happy to see the beautiful Dirvas smile after knowing her for so long. Her smile was so cute...so sweet like the honey mixed into her father's mead. How long had it been since she planned to take the wolf away from this city? Three years? She planned to take the wolf to Darcsen...to let her have her fill of sweet honey pickled peaches. Then they'd travel across the world together, two women on the open road, seeing the world's wonders.

The young maid was a bit startled when she heard a knock at her door. Who would be coming to her at this hour? Slowly the raven haired woman opened her door to see the handsome pirate that stole her love's affection." Oh...Sir Jack. Come in." Felicia said as she left the door open and walked back into her room. It was a lot more personalized than any of the other rooms in the Inn. A lot more furniture and it was a lot bigger as well. She pulled up a chair in case he wanted to sit and sat down on the bed herself." Is there something I can help you with? If it's about what I said...I promise not to say anything...I love Arnice...I can see you're the best thing for her." Felli spoke with a voice that didn't show the same pain as before, she came to terms a little, knowing Arnice was happy.
Love is our true destiny, we do not find the meaning of life alone, we find it with another.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:34 pm

"No need to call me Sir, but thank you."

Jack said as he entered the room. It was much larger than the one he had rented, much more personalized as well. As he admired it Felicia pulled out a chair for him and sat on her bed. She asked if this was about earlier, her tone of voice slightly different from the last time she spoke. It seemed...less painful, like she had accepted losing her friend but was still somewhat upset about it.

"No, nothing like that. But I do need your help with a few things."

He said as he took a seat. He then pulled out one of his throwing knives and began to play with it nervously. He twirled and twisted it through his fingers as he thought about how to say what he wanted to say. The request he had in mind was difficult, but necessary. He sighed, then stopped twisting his knife as he spoke up.

"Felicia, As you know all of Vasair will be hunting for Arnice and I very soon. It will become harder and harder for us to hide, and eventually one or both of us may be captured. Hopefully we'll leave before that happens but if we can't...if something happens...I need you to watch out for her."

Jack knew this request must have felt like it came from out of the blue, but it made perfect sense. Krush wasn't watching her, and the guard assumed she was loyal to the crown. She could go back and forth from the palace as she saw fit without any suspicion. If anything happened she would be the only one able to help, the only one jack trusted to help.

"If she's brought back to the palace I'll brake in again. If I'm captured..." Jack paused a moment, knowing exactly what would happen if he were caught. He would be tried and sentenced to death within a days time. Most likely executed in front a large crowd. A message to any other criminal foolish enough to try what he had. "...I'll think of something. Just...keep her from doing anything she'll regret."
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Farlight

Post by Farlight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:34 am

Felicia felt a bit nervous when the pirate brought out a knife and began playing with it. He stated it wasn't about earlier but it kinda seemed like he was threatening her. That wasn't the case though and the request he made, made that perfectly clear and was surprising. Jack seemed very observant and accepting of the risks and likely hood of them being caught. For some reason she admired what the man was doing and knew she couldn't say no. He certainly seemed like a good man for her love. Her eyes shifted around the room taking slow, deep breaths before they settled back on the man." Of course. If something happens....I'll look out for her. It's wise that you are thinking about things like this...I feel safer...leaving Arnice in your care." Felicia started as a few thoughts came to mind. They were bad ideas that'd get her into big trouble but she'd be willing to risk them for her Arnice.

" Jack...there are a few things that could be done to help you two...I know a few of the palace staff that would do anything for the Arnice. Her mother were good to them. If something happens...if she is brought back to the palace I ask that you let me handle it. If you are captured...my brother is in the royal guard...it's why I was chosen to be her maid...he'll get you out...and Arnice and I will meet you two." Felli started out trying to convey the ideas she had if things were to take a bad turn. If Jack promised to take care of her love then she and many other members of the staff would die for her. So they were willing to get into trouble to help the two lovers get out of the city.

" When you want to leave let me know....I'll set up a double...to gain the guards attention and lead them in the opposite direction. How does this sound?" Felli asked as she brushed a bit of raven hair behind her ear. She also had an idea of going with them but Jack likely wouldn't want her to follow them. Seeing as they were both in live with the same girl and everything. Maybe she could suggest when he was in a more accepting mood.
Love is our true destiny, we do not find the meaning of life alone, we find it with another.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:10 am

Jack sat there and listened to Felicia with great intrest. The maid had quite a few good ideas and connections in case things went south. He was surprised to hear so many people were willing to help the princess escape. It was clear he made the right choice in asking for her help.

"They all sound fantastic. I'm glad to know that we'll be so well cared for should the worse happen. Just be careful, at least one of your fellow maids can't be trusted. That's how I got in the palace in the first place."

He said as he stood up, putting up his knife as he did. He would have told her more about the maid on Krush's payroll, but he didn't know much. It was dark, he was at the back of the group, and he didn't talk to her. All he knew was she was a she, and what good would that do Felicia? He then carefully put the chair back before turning back to the raven haired maiden.

"Now for a more immediate request. The drunken wolf demands entertainment before she passes out. Care to join us for a game of cards and a mug of mead? I hear the mead here is delicious."

Farlight

Post by Farlight » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

After Felicia accepted the request the three of them enjoyed a fun night of card games and drinking. Of course the maid prevented her friend from drinking anymore, worried about the wolf. They each had fun though and Felli enjoyed seeing the wolf happy and letting loose a little. Arnice didn't want to ever stop their little game but the maid eventually grew tired. She had a lot of work in the morning setting a few things up for their plans. So after she left the two love birds alone Arnice tried getting her lover to keep playing. They had a few things of their own to do tomorrow and so he cut the game short and sent them both to bed. The little wolf slept happily snuggled up to Jack, breathing softly against his neck as her limbs and tail were wrapped tightly around him.

~TIMESKIP~

Light gently shown its way through the wooden window panels as morning came around. The little wolf was happily enjoying her sleep, trapping her man in her grip. Her dreams were filled with the two of them going on grand adventures together. Eating delicious food and showing each other true affection. In her sleep Arnice was smiling as she stayed asleep, not wanting to wake up from such beautiful dreams. She didn't know it but when she awoke it'd feel like she was dropped into hell itself for her deeds.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 am

As Jack woke up he looked over at the beautiful dirvas sleeping next to him, confirming that she was not a dream. He smiled as he looked at her, wondering what she was dreaming about, and then carefully tried to move but found he couldn't. Arnice had wrapped her arms and tail around the pirate, rendering him completely immobile. If he moved he would awaken her, and he didn't want to ruin her slumber just yet. While he didn't know much about dirvas alcohol tolerance he knew Arnice had drained more than enough mugs to make this morning a living hell for the young wolf, she would need all the sleep she could get.

Unable to move the pirate simply stared at the ceiling and the wolf, thinking about the plans Felicia laid out last night. While he hoped they wouldn't be needed he was glad they had a few just in case. He would have to catch Arnice up on these when she woke up. He would have to catch her up on a lot of things. Hopefully, even with a hangover, she'd be understanding that they can't start their life of adventure yet. Only time would tell.

Farlight

Post by Farlight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:27 am

It would be quite some time before the young Arnice awoke from her slumber. While sleeping as she hugged the man tighter and tighter. A smile happily sat upon her lips the whole time she slept. When the time finally came the young woman felt like someone was hammering her head or something. She felt awful! The feeling of something warm yet firm was a welcoming treat though. So it took a little bit before she ever even opened her eyes to see what it was she was sleeping on. For a moment the sleepy eyes princess was tired and confused by the man she looked up at. Eventually her memory of the whole night came back and she cuddle him a bit.

Her head was trying to kill her or something and her poor ears felt so sore." Jack...help...hurt...make stop.." Arnice spoke with a very soft pleading voice as the hangover was aa bit to much for the young wolf. Despite asking him to help she didn't move an inch as moving made her head hurt a bit more. So she laid there trying to wait out the pain, using her love like a human pillow in the mean time.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:42 pm

After a while the Arnice began to stir ever so slightly. Jack looked over at her as she slowly woke up, the smile on her face slowly turning into an expression of pain. For a moment she opened her eyes, looking a little confused before her memories returned and the grip she had around him became tighter. He smirked slightly as the princess pleaded for him to stop her pain while doing nothing to let him go. He was reminded of his first hangover, those his was far worse. At least she had stable ground instead of an ever moving ship to let the pain pass.

"That is called a hangover..." He said softly to not further cause pain to her more sensitive dirvas ears. "...That is what happens when you drink too much mead. I'm sure the innkeeper has a cure...but you'll need to let go so I can get it."

Farlight

Post by Farlight » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 am

Arnice groaned and moaned a little as she heard the explanation given to her about what was wrong with her. So mead was so tempting and delicious but to much made you feel like hell. That was a good lesson to learn early into their journey though. The young wolf would have to be a lot more careful when it came to drinking such delightful things. She was thankful that her lover used a soft voice, saving her poor ears from anymore pain. Arnice had no intention of letting the man go just yet, she enjoyed his warm figure. Keeping out the early morning cold. Silvery orbs peaked out as she looked up at him pouting a little, she wanted something but didn't want to move.

It was quite a conundrum for the young woman. Her tail finally let go of him but her arms and legs stayed firmly wrapped around him. Instead her tail wove itself between them and offered them both a nice warm in between. Gently she went back to cuddle her lover, burying her face into his warm chest. He had some strong muscles as a pirate and somehow got the idea of having him carry for some day." I despise hangovers....could you please get me the cure...and be quick? This nightgown doesn't keep me warm..." Arnice spoke plainly, losing her regal tone as she asked her man to fetch this cure he spoke of. Against what she truly wanted the wolf let Jack go to get the cure to end this infernal pain all over.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:15 am

As Arnice finally let go Jack quickly and carefully made his way out of the bed. Without the wolf's tail around him he could feel the morning cold on his shirtless body. As he got dressed enough to go down stairs he looked back at Arnice in their bed trying to keep warm. In the morning light he could better see her nightgown, and it was even more beautiful than it was the night before. He remembered being surprised she had packed it, but glad she did. She looked beautiful in it, and that was one less piece of clothing she would have to buy later.

"Everyone despises hangovers. I'll be back soon, though I'll tell you now the cure will not be instant." He said to the wolf as he walked out into the hall and down the stairs. At a few of the tables there were others exhibiting the tell tale signs of a hangover, each had a bowl of some mysterious substance in front of them. Felicia had mentioned her father's hangover cure during last night's game. Some kind of soup that the sober wouldn't touch, but did wonders for dunks. It took very little time to get himself a bowl, the smell alone cured him of the little mead he had in his system and almost made him sick. He was glad he wasn't the one eating this, and felt even more sorry for his beloved upstairs.

"I'm back. The innkeeper says this soup will help. If you can get past the smell that is." Jack said as he reentered the room, trying to keep the bowl as far downwind from him as possible.