[RP] Dark Souls III 1x1 (SoulSweaper)

Annasiel
Administrator

[RP] Dark Souls III 1x1 (SoulSweaper)

Post by Annasiel » Fri May 25, 2018 9:53 pm

How long had it been since she'd been locked away? Too long, for certain. Far too long. Long enough to watch the world outside, a once-grand city on the bring of shadow, crumble into a bed of darkness. Long enough to watch the sky turn grey, and far away, the bell of the Firelink tower toll. All for naught. Whatever Sulyvahn had planned, it wasn't in line with the whispered Age of Dark. Different designs behind his crafting eyes, still against the gods, but certainly not in the best interest of humankind. Not anymore.

The darkness in him swayed his mind. That, and the mutters of another. The Saint of the Deep.

She didn't lament her imprisonment, of course. It was more or less something she deserved. A dirty little wretch, seeped in magic most spited, born of blood as deep and black as the Abyss itself. She knew she was a monster, and understood why they wanted to keep her hidden from sight, even as they all became monsters themselves. It was well-deserved, but... the isolation grew lonely. Long forgotten by the jailers, she only had the company of her mind, and that alone was enough to drive anyone mad with boredom. She needed something, anything to break the dull monotony.

Sighing heavily, she leaned against the cell wall, drawing her fingers through the decades of dust that had accumulated on the worn stone floor. Pretty patterns, swirls and loops. As if something so nice deserved to be in a place so foul. As soon as she had made it, she erased it, grinding the art away into nothing.

A sound from somewhere down the hall. Was that the clash of metal? A harrowing wail? She rose her head for a moment, then returned to staring at the dust. It was probably of little importance to her.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

SoulSweaper

Re: [RP] Dark Souls III 1x1 (SoulSweaper)

Post by SoulSweaper » Sat May 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Lord Crabius the III, Last of His Line, was a absolute failure to his name. He failed his mission as a Lord of Cinder, he failed his family when his kingdom began to collapse, and he failed his people when he left them without a ruler at his death. Even so, as Unkindled Ash, he still writhes and struggle to continue on, fighting through anything and everything in his path to both survive, and to link the First Flame, and save the world once more, continuing the Age of Fire.

Even so, with him desperately clinging to his task with the utmost will an Undead can have, he could feel his faith shake. He couldn’t believe the Gods above would abandon the world to... this fate. Hollowed Undead roamed without reason, monstrosities born from the bowels of the Underworld itself killed and ate without remorse, and the world around him slowly broke down and grew more decripit by the minute. He was afraid... afraid that if he lost his faith in the Gods, as a paladin, he may go Hollow on the spot, so he tried his damnedest to ignore it. But despite his wavering faith, his Miracles never lost their strength, they actually, got stronger. For, even though he didn’t know, his belief and faith in the Gods paled I’m comparison to the faith he held for himself and his abilities.

But that train of thought mattered very little now as Crabius sloshed through sewer water, the feeling of excrement and rot squishing beneath his grieves unsettling him to a very high degree. He was very thankful he had grown nose blind to smells such as the one he was wading through. Hollow Undead didn’t bathe after all, and he wasn’t even sure if the monsters he’s slain even had the sentience to know what bathing was. Especially those Basilisks and Mimic he just killed, they were literally covered in shit, and he hoped to the Gods above it was their own.

Going through a hole and meeting some “very friendly” giant rats, he entered the main prison area, holding his Frayed Blade in wonder. Though, that was quickly pushed aside as he heard the familiar groan of the damned Jailers approach him “Heretics... heretics the lot of you, may you be felled for the Gods above! And for your transgressions against humanity and Undead alike!” He roared, rushing forward with his mangled katana.

He cut through them like paper, they truly did not stand a chance against him. Shoving his blade through the chest of a Jailer who tried to crawl away, he set his eyes to a jail cell “It would be best to check for some treasures... perhaps I can find more Ashes for the Handmaiden” he announced to himself, walking over and shaking the locked grate. He groaned loudly, pulling out his key ring “Gods... why did I refuse to label these...” he sighed, trying every key.

It took him nearly half an hour, but he entered the cage, his sword clutched tightly to his side “Hello? Is there someone still of sound mind in here?” He called out, thinking it a futile task and expecting another crucified monster to charge at him and attempt to eat him... again.
I’m an insect that dreamed he was a man and loved it

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat May 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Karla hardly glanced up at the sound of approaching footsteps. So, they hadn't forgotten her. Leave her in a corner by herself, break her down - and then what? To what end could they possibly be pursuing? And here she was, thinking they'd just shoved her in a corner so they didn't have to deal with her oh-so-onerous heresy. Hypocrites, the lot. It was a small pleasure in this place watching them fall to their want, twisted to depravity through the same means they thought would elevate them above the darkness and fire alike.

A man's voice, one she didn't recognize, and not marked by the vile rasp of the jailer's. His words were followed by the clanking of keys, and some sort of muttered exclamation. Karla strained to hear. She still kept her head bowed low, fingers again tracing the spirals in the dirt and dust, but kept her vigilance. Maybe they'd come to do away with her. Well, try to, at least, and how many had tried. Her powers were not what they used to be - they still held strength, but there was no way she could undo the hordes that swarmed Irithyll's above and below alike. She would certainly be subdued, humiliated, and done away with in kind. Not killed, never killed, but done away with.

No less than I deserve.

The door to her cell opened, and she she finally glanced up. Only a glance. It was an armored man, unlike the others, but still too concealed by shadow to ascertain who, or what, she was seeing.

"Oh," she said simply. "There you are. It's good to see a skinny little heretic can still turn heads."

Her voice hurt to press out after so much time not being used. It felt unusual to be speaking again, somewhat uncomfortable, even. Long stretches of solitude had a tendency to strain the mind, and hers, however firm, was no exception. Karla shifted, and the shadows did also. Straining, the light almost traced the newcomers face, almost enough for her to make out-

"Hm. You're not like the others, are you?" Karla tilted her hat back further to better see, her light eyes glittering amidst a mess of unkempt black hair. "What business do you have here? This is a land of monstrosities, and I am no exception. I suggest you take leave now for your own sake."

SoulSweaper

Post by SoulSweaper » Sat May 26, 2018 6:37 pm

There was visible blood dripping off Crabius, a miasma of different colors from different creatures he’d recently killed. There were blues, greens, bright reds, black, and even a few yellows. He thanked the Gods above that being Unkindled Ash made him immune to diseases, such as those gained from blood contact. Even though it did little to protect him from toxic and poison, it was still good to have. He even grew accustomed to the feeling, him being covered in it almost every day of every week. There was no water around of course, and the ones he found were poisoned with bile or corruption (except, strangely, the body of water under the bridge to Irithyll, that was surprisingly cool and clean.

But, alas, he was a warrior on a mission, he would save that after he killed THE DISGUSTING HERETIC PONTIFF SULYVHAN. He shook his head at that incredibly angry thoughts, something that became more frequent as his faith wavered. Another thing to ignore however, he had more pressing matters at every point of his current life (or unlife, technically).

He peered into the cell, straining his eyes. He smiled however, when he heard a voice, one for the first time in about two weeks. “Thank the Gods above! I was afraid I’d grow mad without another person around, me slaughtered Undead Hollows and damnedable monstrosities at every turn, one’s sanity doesn’t tend to stay! Ha Ha Ha!” He sounded incredibly jolly for someone who was on the verge of losing the only thing (he thought) defines him (his faith).

He went over to her and kneeled, his voice softening as that jolly loon never left his face “Despite my nature and my faith, I care little if you are a heretic or not My Lady. The only time I slay or hurt another who still retains their mind is when they are on the verge of death, and hollowing in some cases, or they hurt another”

He laughed “And besides, I cannot leave a beautiful maiden as yourself to rot! Doesn’t matter if you’re a monster my dear, in this land, we all are! Me above most as well, with the blood on my hands” despite the darkness of his statement, his intense happy and giddy aura refused to fade.

He gently took her hand “Please come with me Madam, this place is not safe, heretic or not, monster or not” his hand pulsed light into her being, however, that was drowned out easily by a festering darkness in him, something that was strange for someone so upbeat and happy.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat May 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Karla was unperturbed by the blood. It was no worse than anything she'd seen before, and to be blunt, it was a far sight less horrific than the outrider knights the mad pontiff sent out to do his bidding. Despite his present state, the man - a paladin or cleric, it seemed, with mention of his faith - was downright jolly. His enthusiasm was catching, and Karla soon found a slight smile creeping onto her own lips, despite her wary complacency.

"The world grows lonelier with every passing day," she replied, voice nearly as soft as a whisper. "I know loneliness well myself. It makes for a fitting bedfellow."

Her eyes followed him as he approached and knelt, glinting in the candlelight. The sliver of a smile widened ever so slightly. Well, wasn't this a peculiar man. So full of joyous resolve, a brave face on to hide whatever horrors he had passed. Horrors for sure, if he'd made it this far, all the way from wherever his journey began to the moonlit city itself.

But somewhere inside of him, she could almost feel something hiding. A familiar feeling. The impression only lasted for a moment, then it passed, lost again in his beaming face and brilliant, booming laughs. Besides, he called her beautiful. She could not think of a time she'd heard that before, certainly not from any sane lips.

"You do me more justice than I am worthy of," Karla replied. Instinctively, she made to flinch away as he reached for her hand, but soon relaxed. There it was again. That familiar feeling, hidden behind an uncomfortable light. A deep black, tainting the dregs in the base of his soul. Behind the smiling face, some form of frailty lurked, perhaps known, perhaps not. It would be a shame to see such a bright face hollow.

"I am Karla, and I thank you for rescuing me."

Karla made to rise, then staggered, her knees unexpectedly buckling beneath her. Her arm shot out to catch herself on the man'sIt had been a while since she last had to use her legs. Her slight smile of amusement shifted to one of apology.

"I fear I am having some difficulty in standing," she muttered. "Might I trouble you for assistance?"

SoulSweaper

Post by SoulSweaper » Wed May 30, 2018 4:33 am

The darkness grew within him with every passing day, but he never acknowledged it, opting to ignore it to preserve his already fragile and partially broken faith to the Gods he revere so intimately. His faith, any and every topic always led to Crabius' faith to them. It was so very important to him, so much so, without it, at least, according to his own thoughts, he would lose his sanity and finally go Hollow after struggling for so many cycles. But none of that mattered now, he made a promise, a promise to his father before him to continue his line's promise. The promise to always help another in need, to always make sure life is put above all else, even if it means to take it. So, even though she talked so solemnly about loneliness, he still gave her a sickly warm smile, not daring to make her feel worse with a frown "Loneliness is something that follows us all My Lady, I know that, more than others. But I swear on my name, I will make sure you will return to the surface, away from this hellish asylum tainted by the abyss"

He laughed warmly at her comment "Please My Lady, it is the least a fallen kin-" He stopped, quickly catching himself "knight can do to help" He rose as she rose "Oh yes! My name, I suppose that would be important no? I am Lord Crabius the Third, Last of His Line!" He announced proudly. However, he left his family bravado the moment he saw her stumble "Be careful My Lady Karla, you must have been kneeling there for quite some time, please take it easy" He said to her worriedly. As soon as she asked him to, he merely chuckled "What kind of knight would I be if I wouldn't help a Fair Lady such as yourself in her time of need? Please, allow me" He gently grasped her body, bringing out his talisman to burn the blood off of his body with very little effort.

He lifted her up into his arms and slowly made his way out of the cell, entering the main jailroom once more. There was a groan on the floor a few spaces in front of them, the body of a discarded jailer barely clinging onto life, or unlife, depending how one would look at it. However, without looking, nor without even flinching, Crabius stepped onto the body's head, crushing it mercilessly under his heavy metal greaves. It made a sick crack, but he continued on without paying it much mind, they weren't even considered to be a living thing in his eyes anymore after all, letting themselves fall to temptations for a flawed and tyrannical lord.

He moved out of the room, looking over the edge of the slab of rock they stood on "There it is..." He whispered "The Profaned Capital... it truly exists" Crabius said in amazement. The amazement in his eyes suddenly left, his body tensing. Gently, he put her down and unclasped his talisman from his belt without a word, turning on his heel. He held his hand into the air, a brilliant golden bolt appearing in his hand as a massive stone gargoyle flew down to them "Creature of the dark, be banished back to your realm, beast without mind" He spat out with venom dripping from his voice, launching the spear into the gargoyle. It struck true, however, only taking out its left side, as it tried to dodge. With a screech, it charged, barely clinging to the life the abyss gave it.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 30, 2018 7:42 am

Her mouth parted at his mention of the Abyss, as if she wished to reply, but she thought better not to. Either he would learn in time, or he would never learn at all. There was no point in setting such a delightfully foolhardy adventurer straight on matters that hardly concerned him. Well, unless they did concern him. Few made it far in this trying time, and many of those who did were not of the typical sort. Undead, for certain, but many who were so much more, tied up in prophecies and deific tasks and who-knew what other fate chains the world held.

Instead, she merely nodded graciously for his assistance, remaining stoic until her stumble. When he reached out to touch her, she again instinctively made to pull away. This time, though, her eventual acquiescence was far less willing, and she stiffened as the man lifted her up into his arms. She made no complaint, however, and even wrapped an arm around the back of his neck. It was a far easier thing to do now that the man was no longer dripping with visceral fluid.

Lord Crabius, he had said. So nobility. The last of his line, as well. And as for whatever he was saying before - was that word, cut off to introduce himself, supposed to be knight? A fallen knight. How quaint to see in a dismal, rotting hole like this.

She didn't even flinch when he stepped on the jailer's head, and even shot the now-still corpse a contemptuous glare.

"It is truly satisfying to see the those leeches fall," she muttered. "Wicked of me to wish such things, I suppose, though they were such a vile sort."

They soon left the room, arriving at an outcrop looking out over some ancient ruins. The Profaned Capital. Tainted and ruined by ignorance twofold. One, that of the women who thought darkness a thing that could not burn, one by the king who thought his soul a worthy sacrifice for the subjects who scorned him. Once a magnificent city, now it lay decrepit, only existing as a destination for those who sought power. Well, that, and for whatever this jolly fool planned to do.

"It does exist indeed, my Lord," Karla replied, and left her reply at that.

A change came over Crabius' face, and he set her down to the ground. This time, thankfully, her legs did not crumple, though she did stagger a tad before finding a semblance of balance. She traced his eyes to what had made him stop. A gargoyle. The man had charged through a dungeon of Deep-addled minions, but this - well, this was uncharted. Somewhat desperately, she sought the touch of the Abyss in her heart. It called back faintly. A flicker of black formed in her hand, and then vanished. Far too long since the last time she had tried, far too long left withering away in a pit, and far too long since the Deep had begun to ensnare this land. Even this close to the Profaned Flame, a fraction of her full strength alluded her. And so she resorted to voice.

"Kill the thing!"

SoulSweaper

Post by SoulSweaper » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Black sludge poured from the Gargoyle's mouth, its stony teeth stained with its dark ichor oozing down its jaw. The beast stumbled forward, slowly hoisting its stone torched upwards above its head, a roar bellowing from its being "UNKINDLED ASH!" it screamed as loud as it possibly could. Crabius rolled out of the way of its strike, it slamming into the ground with enough force to make a small crater. The paladin merely scoffed in annoyance, rolling to his feet and unsheathing his Dark Sword, grasping his hand around it before dragging it down and coating it in Golden Pine Resin. His black sword crackled with brilliant lightning before he charged at the Gargoyle once more. The beast jumped back, avoiding the horizontal slash aimed expertly towards his neck and instead inflicting damage of his own in the form of a gut jab.

Crabius flew back into the wall of the dungeon, the feeling of his heavy and ornate armor denting inwards and crushing/rupturing many of his bones/organs giving him an intense sense of blinding pain, He fell to one knee, blood spewing forth from his mouth "I am the Champion of Ash, the one who will bring the Lords of Cinder to their thrones... YOU SHALL NOT FELL ME!" He sprinted forward, swinging his straight sword downwards. The Gargoyle released a similar yell, blocking his sword easily. But that was not Crabius' plan, not in the slightest. He released his grip on his blade, instead crouching low to the ground and sending an uppercut directly into the Gargoyle's jaw, his metal gauntlet fracturing the stone violently. With its grip on its weapon loosened, Crabius grabbed the torch club and smashed it against its stone, easily smashing it into dust. Callously, he kicked the now crumbling corpse off the ledge, watching its stone pieces disappear into the void.

He kept himself together, even as he shakily grabbed his rates flask from his belt and even as blood steadily leaked from the corner of his mouth. He chugged down two mouthfuls of the sweet tasting orange liquid and felt his body and armor mend itself. He let out a quieted, but incredibly shaky and pain filled, sigh, holding the spot where he was wounded. He turned to Karla, his mood rebounding instantly and a bright smile on his face “I apologize my lady! I do hope you are not injured” he said in a courteous tone, making his way over to her.

He clipped his Talisman to his belt along with his Estus Flask before stopping in front of her “I could not live as a Knight if you were to be harmed, please tell me if something has happened and I will attempt to heal you to the best of my abilities... and if not, I would wish to continue... this place disturbs me, too many innocent lives corrupted and ended by that bastard Pontiff, I want to topple him as swiftly as possible”

He seemed very on edge now, having not expected that Gargoyle to be as strong as it was. He wasted two Estus on the thing, something that could have been invaluable later on. He shook his head at the though, it didn’t matter now, it happened and he was harmed because he was too cocky, a mistake he would rectify in the future. For now, he would protect Karla with his life, something he felt he could barely do now due to that blunder, and that thought was obvious on his face.