Super Century [Open]

IronCurtain

Re: Super Century [Open]

Post by IronCurtain » Thu May 17, 2018 6:25 pm

The Iron Curtain exposed a truly monumentally joyous attitude when Odin approached him, as if he were seeing a hero of the old Union come back from the winter abroad in Finland. He visibly clapped his hands together, the resonating plates of old Soviet steel clamoring together in a mass showing of noise and his truly monstrous strength. No hydraulics assisted him, as his limbs were propelled merely by the power of his own muscles and frame.

He approached Odin, and Odin alone, ignoring most anything else in the situation.

"Ah, comrade, the things I can tell you about the Romonov twins. They were deserters of the Red Army back in the late 80's, in the Afghanistan campaign. But they didn't leave because of miscommunication with command," he leaned in closer.

"They left, otherwise they would be tried as war criminals," he sauntered back over to Sasha's corpse, and dragged it up by the arm. The repairs made to the head and neck area were quickly dissolved by another brutal showing of Dmitri's overall contempt for both the creature as well as the one who attempted to heal him.

Not only was the head removed again, but it was thoroughly pulverized in one hand. The fingers left baseball bat-circumference gouges in the meat and bone, squeezing the brain matter out of the bottom of the neck in a deluge of highly-pressurized blood and spinal fluid.

He looked at Capacitator with a passing glance, mildly warning her of continued interference before dropping the mangled cranium, if it could even be called that anymore. Sasha's body followed Dmitri's lumbering movements, the arm torn out of socket and dangling as well as any leash would.

"Over seventy counts of murder, fourteen of which were under the age of eighteen - the youngest being six. Over a hundred robberies, mostly unnamed convenience stores or homes. And almost thirty known reports of rape between them, most of those reports ending in another statistic for their murder charges," he lifted Sasha by the shoulder, grabbing him between the neck and hip in both hands.

"I would call this justice,"

And without any sort of subtlety in his actions, the Red Tsar pulled the corpse in half, fully bisecting it. No resistance from the augmented muscle. The bones that withstood hundreds of tons of force, the flesh that lifted it in full capacity falling away as mere tissue paper. All gone. Nothing to be salvaged.

Again, a passing glare towards Capacitator.

"There is yet one last Gulag in Russia, my friend. It houses prisoners from across the decades since the collapse of the Soviet Union, criminals that could never be contained otherwise. They eat the food of the people. They drink their water. They spend money on machines to keep them in place. It is a worthless system,"

The Iron Curtain gave a small laugh.

"But you have made things different. You rattled the cage. I like that. Let's make a song of it, so that it will be heard louder then what we can do alone."

He extended his hand.
Death is a preferable alternative to Capitalism.
Iron Curtain's CS

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 pm

The Red Tsar grabbed the body from in front of her. Body... or not. For a moment, she'd thought there was a pulse. There wasn't time to check, though, because he repeated his action with far greater force, shattering the man's skull. Meta or not, he wasn't coming back from that. Capacitor touched a finger beside her ear, a current reactivating the com device.

"Permission to engage." It was a request, but she was well aware it sounded more like a demand. In truth, it didn't matter how she phrased it, the answer was going to be the same regardless. She kept her eyes on the Red Tsar, not letting herself be bothered by the spray of blood. It wasn't the first time she'd been close to battlefield death, and it wouldn't be the last. She wasn't squeamish, she just wanted to do something.

"Denied. Maintain perimeter."

Teja breathed, in and out, and nodded very slightly to herself. Fucking rear echelon assholes. She didn't say that, though. She was very good at not saying things, especially when she was out being Capacitor. Capacitor was loyal, obedient, and didn't comment that command was about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. Like it or not, she had an image to maintain. She could tell the bastards off later. She stood up, careful, cool, and collected, and nodded - this time to the Red Tsar, acknowledgement that he'd accomplished his goal, for all the good it might do him.

"Very well, sir," she said instead. "Let me know if our independent sources are able to corroborate Mr. Kosokov's claim." Her eyes flicked, for a moment, from the Red Tsar over to Odin; her words had been pitched enough that he could hear them as well. A reminder that pretty much everyone was full of shit, and it was up to him to decide what sort he wanted to be shoveling. It was entirely possible that the dead man had been a criminal, as claimed, and it was also entirely possible he'd just been someone picked up on the street for the purpose of a demonstration. Whatever else Odin might be, he wasn't an idiot. He'd have to make sure.

She gave the Red Tsar a slight smile, taking amusement in the situation rather than horror. Capacitor never lost her collected attitude, even if giants tore men in half right beside her. "Mr. Kosokov. It's been interesting. Next time, let's meet at your place." It wasn't the get the fuck out of my country she wanted to give him, but it suited the situation well enough. She walked past him, unthreatening, pausing before Odin for a moment, regarding him coolly.

Eventually, she just shook her head. "I don't know if you want to be a monster or not, these days... but I don't really believe this is the sort of monster you want to be." She sighed, audibly this time. "You know I don't want you to do this. And... I know nothing I say is going to stop you. But... Odin. Even if you want to do this thing... there are better ways than this. There are other people who you could work with." That hurt, even saying that. It was vague enough, for the inevitable media, but she knew that she meant Darryl. Virtue. One of the best of them. A valued coworker. A friend, even. And maybe she'd have to end up fighting him, if he took up Odin's cause... but the government needed Odin not to ally himself with the Red Tsar. She had to try.

She had to trust that Virtue knew what he was doing with all this. I trust him. I know the government isn't sure, but he has a plan. It's not the hand I'd choose to play, but I think it's the best one we have right now. "Just think about it," was all she ended on. Not a demand, not even a request for anything more than taking a moment to consider. Maybe it would be enough.

And maybe it wouldn't. She walked past him anyway, shifting her armor plates back, putting a shield between herself and the Red Tsar and holding it in place with chains of crackling energy. It wasn't precisely the most useful method of technological adaptation, but it looked impressive. She let the 'shield' spread into an array, holding it between the two men and herself and the gathered onlookers.

Hopefully they finish their wanking contest pretty soon, I don't want to try to hold this for too long. It was pretty energy intensive, but it was a solid "Freedom Brigade: Defender of the Innocent Civilians" power play, which was exactly what she needed to be seen doing right now. Teja just hoped it was going to be the sort that only needed to be sold to the media, and didn't turn into a clusterfuck of reality.

Thundermachine

Post by Thundermachine » Mon May 21, 2018 12:40 am

The way the giant ripped open that man made Carter feel just a little bit smaller on the inside. Behind so many layers of armor, he guessed, it was hard to feel when you were tearing into another living being. There was nothing that could be done to save that blasted mutate, so he stayed up above, tracking every movement beneath. Injecting himself in the conversation probably wouldn't help either, not when either Odin or the titan could claim self-defense and tear him up too.

Capacitor was up close, but the rumored pact between Odin and the government was keeping her safe. She was whispering something to the white-clad agitator this time...someone else he could work with? If he were witnessing the recruitment of Odin to the Brigade, that could spark conflict with the giant - after all, why else would he come all the way to DC to execute someone? It was a power play, had to be.

Sweat rolled down the side of his nose, running over the oxygen mask clipped to his lower mouth. He inhaled; pulse was up. Things were getting interesting.

As Capacitor threw up the ringed shield, he tapped his fingers against the suit's legs, leaning a little closer in as he awaited Odin's response.

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Mon May 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Odin touched down on the ground, as the Iron Curtain explained exactly who the man he'd just executed was. Behind the reflective visor of his mask, David's eyes narrowed. He didn't react in the slightest as the body was bisected, but his eyes shifted around him slightly, a few staring accusingly towards the woman who seemed to have been trying to save the Russian war criminal.

Then the Power-Armored Proletarian asked for Odin's help. To tear down a prison where more men like that shitbag have been getting three warm meals a day for decades, and give them precisely what they deserve...

David very nearly agreed on the spot, but his train of thought was interrupted by the Electromagnetic Engineer, Capacitor. She didn't seem to agree with the Russian's perspective on things.
illirica wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 pm
Eventually, she just shook her head. "I don't know if you want to be a monster or not, these days... but I don't really believe this is the sort of monster you want to be." She sighed, audibly this time. "You know I don't want you to do this. And... I know nothing I say is going to stop you. But... Odin. Even if you want to do this thing... there are better ways than this. There are other people who you could work with." That hurt, even saying that. It was vague enough, for the inevitable media, but she knew that she meant Darryl. Virtue. One of the best of them. A valued coworker. A friend, even. And maybe she'd have to end up fighting him, if he took up Odin's cause... but the government needed Odin not to ally himself with the Red Tsar. She had to try.
Odin listened to the hero's plea seriously. A monster, hm? Because I care enough to make an actual effort to change things? That's certainly one way of looking at things. But... what, is she offering me a job? Or... offering to join me? Certainly subverting my expectations, Capacitor.

Odin smiled. "You know... of all the things said to me today, that has to be the least expected."

David was ver conscious of the crowd gathered nearby, though kept at a safe distance by the Freedom Brigadier's shield. He could respect that measure, if not her particular stance on this issue. He chose his words carefully, for both dramatic effect,and quotability. Almost everyone in the crowd was filming on their phone, and he could already see grainy phone-quality footage being played and replayed on talking-head 'pundit' shows that evening.

"However, being possessed of more eyes than average, I'm afforded exceptional clarity of vision. And I can see pretty clearly that my way, not yours, is the best path forward."

The white-clad hero turned back to the Red Tsar, and grasped the extended hand, oversized and armored as it was. He gripped it firmly. "Let's go change the world."

David let go of Dimitri's hand, and lifted himself into the air, the blue energy field his eyes projected crackling around him. Sure that the Iron Curtain would be seconds behind him, he took off in the direction they'd come from. He didn't know the precise location of their target, but that wouldn't matter until they got there.

Assuming nothing was foolish enough to try and stop them.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

Chevron

Post by Chevron » Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Virtue watched the doctor limp away like a wounded dog trying his hardest to escape and in a way it saddened him to see. He had worked for the Freedom Brigade for nearly 15 years and he was Air force for 6 years before that. In all that time watching someone who was wounded try and beg for their life in some way always brought a small bit of sadness into his heart. Even monsters were people somewhere but, he had a job to do to make sure that everyone in this country could sleep a little easier tonight.

"Than they can cure you, can cure everyone like you and maybe more. I was born with my powers and I never once found myself dissected for them."

Virtue could hear the panic in the mans voice and in a way that panic was a way for him to reach any bit of good still left in the doctor.

"I was briefed on your past and what your holding can be perfected by the best minds in the business doctor. Hell with enough time they could even discover a cure for cancer with that research. The lives you could save by giving up here and coming with me would more than make up for the lives you've taken."

He used his E4G1E-EYE optics to transmit a visual message to HQ to send the capture jet. He just needed to keep the Doctor here for two minutes and then they could capture him.

"Trust me when I tell you that the last thing I want to do is fight you anymore so just come quietly Doctor."

Thundermachine

Post by Thundermachine » Thu May 24, 2018 1:29 am

What a drama queen, Jove thought, lenses zooming in on Odin's smirking face as he delivered a line he'd clearly been working on for weeks. That ending to the conversation certainly didn't bode well for anyone. The Thundermachine's computer tracked the duo as they exited DC airspace, leaving Capacitor behind with the civilians.

Engage.

Dropping from the edge of the building with a grace that only he could manage within the armor, Jove shot towards the remaining Brigade operative like a missile, using his palms' projectors to set himself upright before landing with a loud CLUNK before her. He blinked repeatedly at an icon in the lower corner of his vision, activating the microphone that would enable him to speak to her without needing to pull of his helmet.

"Miss Docesznic," he said, raising one of his armored limbs to do a casual waist-level wave, "You can wipe that expression off your face once you hear what I have to say." His words were deepened slightly by the speech coder, and there was an electronic tone added as well. Costs were cut somewhat on anything that wasn't a core function. His breathing had what 70's kids would call a Darth Vader quality to it, breathing noise and all.

"How about you and me have a super-hero team-up of our own?"

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri May 25, 2018 1:32 am

Him.

Of course it was him. Hadn't she already theorized that he was going to show up, because it was just that sort of day? And of course, he couldn't even manage a single word without pissing her right off. "It's Captain Docesznic, Mister Jove," she corrected him, with trademark calm and not too much frostiness that her usual cool.

What to say beyond that, though... there were actually a lot of options. Bugger off was tempting, certainly, but not exactly diplomatic, and Capacitor didn't swear. Publicly. I heard all about your ideas from Virtue was also tempting, if only to cue him in that she knew about that particular 'offer' of his - but he probably already figured she knew, and if he didn't, it wasn't worth giving it up for a moment's surprise. She might not have much liked the guy - which was putting it very lightly - but she still had to admit he had a certain degree of talent.

And part of her rather wanted to know how that suit worked. She was looking at it, more so than at him - she'd seen images, of course, but engineering couldn't always be determined by images. It would have been nice to take the suit home and tinker with it for a while. Too bad that it seemed to come with Carter Jove inside.

But. The situation was different than it had been earlier. With Odin and the Red Tsar teaming up, the world was about to get a lot more difficult. The next few months wouldn't be easy. Alienating others with special abilities... no, that wasn't a good idea. No matter how much she disliked him.

Teja considered a while, to make sure she was really doing this, then held out a hand. "Certainly. Welcome to the Freedom Brigade."

Thundermachine

Post by Thundermachine » Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 am

The Thundermachine's head cocked to the side, a smile playing across his features behind the helmet and oxygen mask. He took the hand with extreme care, the enormous metal fingers eclipsing Capacitor's. It was actually an extremely complicated maneuver; anyone who didn't spend every night in a VR sim-tank wouldn't be able to so much as hold a carton of milk without crushing it. But with all the practice he'd had, executing a handshake was a simple matter for Carter Jove. That was what made him irreplaceable as the pilot, he thought.

"Glad to be of service," he said with a tinny laugh. Unexpected. The kids'll eat this up.

"How about we discuss this further once I get out of this clunky piece of junk?" he said, rolling a metal shoulder absentmindedly. It whined slightly at the movement, a mechanical muscle popping as he stepped back away from the Brigade member. "Dinner tonight, restaurant of your choice? I'll make sure nobody interrupts."

IronCurtain

Post by IronCurtain » Fri May 25, 2018 2:15 am

ԠФSҪФШ

As soon as he took off from the United States, the indomitable force of the Red Tsar collapsed onto the city streets of Russia's capital city, crushing whatever stood underneath him on impact. He removed himself from the crater, muttering the lyrics to some archaic Soviet song, and dusted himself off. Snow had been melted away from his low-orbit reentry, and the concrete that made up the road was little more than dust and rubble under his feet.

"Odin!" he roared, directing the American towards where the Gulag was hiding.

"Behind those walls is our target. Don't kill anyone with a uniform on,"

The massive reinforced steel perimeter was to deter unwarranted traffic leading into the prison, even topped with a crown of thorny barbed wire. It was reminiscent of the Berlin Wall, in some cases, though patrols were much more common.

"Well," Dmitri stretched. "I'll go first,"

Without hesitation, he started up like a freight engine. One tree-trunk leg pumping at a time, until a steady and terrifying momentum was built up. At first the guards thought was merely playing a game of 'chicken' to see if they would open the doors. Except he didn't stop this time. They fired off warning shots at his personage, knowing it wouldn't do anything, but he didn't care. Crashing headfirst into the solid steel doors, they crumpled as if they were made of aluminum foil. One was completely torn off its hinges and tossed aside carelessly.

Instantly, the alarm was raised and security trucks were pulled in front of the Iron Curtain in a vague attempt to stall him. All they did was lose more vehicles - the Red Tsar barely even took a misstep as he crunched an engine block underfoot.

"<Open the doors!>" he bellowed in his native language. "<For too long you've been hiding rapists and murderers, feeding them like children! No longer!>"

Falling upon the second, the third, and the fourth hydraulic-locked vault barricades, the Iron Curtain smashed them down one by one without even so much as a hiccup. The last door would be mixed steel and adamantium, held down by lead weights on all sides.

It, admittedly, lasted the longest out of all others that stood in the way of his fury. It actually stayed intact for the most part.

One punch, carrying with it the built-up kinetic energy of the downhill climb usually traversed by railcar, and the door cratered dead in the center and fell to the floor with a thunderous clang.

As soon as Iron Curtain stepped into the main hangar bay, the nexus where the underground prison facility was divided into further wings, a veritable army was laid before him.

"<Stand down, Dmitri Kosokov! You are under arrest!>"

"<After I helped you arrest most of these cretins? They are long overdue for a death penalty!>"

He rampaged onward, tanking close-range missile barrages from a number of rocket grenadiers as well as high-impact artillery rounds from armored vehicles. Only his armor began to slough off. The relic of the Soviet age, now exposed for all to see in full. Walls of muscle dictated that no military weapon would pierce their collective mass. Bullets ricocheted from his skin. Explosions were only a minor inconvenience.

He understood they were just doing their jobs. They had families to feed, children to raise. Yet, they were only contributing to the problem instead of speaking out against the injustice they were harboring. While these scourges of society slept in beds, the homeless of Moscow were barely finding places to stay out of the cold. These monsters were eating three meals a day, and the victims of their collective rapes and murders were starving.

By the time Odin would enter onto the scene, the hangar would be choked with burned-out vehicles. Nothing would remain of the resisting forces, all scattered out of panic and obscene fear. Of Dmitri himself, he would be standing in the midst of the carnage, laughing as he sent weaker men running for their lives. Strangely, none would be dead. Only terrified.

"They'll be opening the cages soon, Odin. It's their last resort, and also our best chance of killing them all. There is only one way out," he pointed back behind them, where the devastated doors were stacked throughout.

He ran a hand over his bald head.

"They will learn soon enough. The age in which they take orders from hollow-minded politicians is about to be dead."
Death is a preferable alternative to Capitalism.
Iron Curtain's CS

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Fri May 25, 2018 1:44 pm

In a flash, the Iron Curtain had returned to Russia, just as quick as he came. Odin replayed the footage his eyes had captures, of his ascent. Fascinating. He didn't leap across the world- he leapt up into the stratosphere, and descended as the Earth rotated. That's exceptionally clever.

Odin decided to repeat the motion, flying up into the lower atmosphere. He used his eyes to form a shield around himself, to keep a bubble of oxygen, so he wouldn't suffocate, up there. He waited for a few moments, and then descended, their target beneath him. He could pick out the Last Gulag's location, now- mostly because it was half on fire. He heard Dimitri shout a command at him, as he arrived at the scene. The gulag was a soulless place, with too-bright lights, and concrete walls. It reminded him of a public school, or a factory in the third world.

The Red Tsar had already taken care of the initial defenses, it seemed, but as he said, they would be releasing the metaphorical hounds in but moments.

"Understood. Once we're sure the innocents are out of the way, I can bring this damn place down around the prisoner's heads."

One of Odin's eyes was usually pointed behind him, searching for threats foolish enough to try and sneak up on the hero. They'd spotted something worrying- but not that worrying. Fighter jets. Far enough away the markings were hard to distinguish. They might have been Russian, or American, but either way, they didn't look like they were bringing the two renegades presents.

"Just a heads-up, but there's going to be missiles coming this way in a minute or two. I can run interference, but I don't want to kill the pilots if I don't have to."

As Odin spoke, there was the unmistakable sound of the cell doors all sliding open at once. The voices, shouting in Russian, soon drowned out the alarms, as they raced to intercept the two heroes. Odin, still floating a few yards off the ground, fired several of his signature energy beams towards the crowd. He was precise, burning a hole between the eyes of his first targets.Image The roar of the jets behind him was growing louder. Despite the noise, and the crowd of super-human killers ready to tear them limb from limb, David smiled.

"Feels good to be finally making a difference, no?"
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."