[ADV] Shards of Memory

SuXeSoN

Re: [ADV] Shards of Memory

Post by SuXeSoN » Sun May 14, 2017 3:16 pm

Upon opening the map, Rugaki saw that Yumi was down south over in the Administration District. Picking up some quests huh?.. The hub for quests, that's exactly what the district was for. Rugaki, wouldn't mind the delay, plus, he would be getting the quests himself too. A win-win situation. But at least she good give him some sort of noti-

On queue, a "bing" sound-effect played as a small mail icon appeared in front of him. This couldn't be anyone else but the sole person on his friend list, Yumi. As the inn he was in was getting pretty loud and rowdy, he had decided to go upstairs, where the noise was muffled. He sat at the top of the stairs, before tapping the icon, now that he was able to hear her voice clearly. Her voice sounded: "I might be a little late coming back to the Inn." Rugaki, naturally, replied back with another mental message. "Sure, I don't mind if you're getting the quests. Thanks for that mate. Just don't get wet." He thought that Yumi deserved a thank you, even though it was for their mutual benefit and not solely his. But hey, being polite costs nothing, and it could get you a long way. Haru knows that.

He sat up, and returned downstairs. The Inn has gained even more patrons it seemed, NPCs and players alike. He didn't want to rent out a room just yet, the rain could end quite quickly, he wouldn't know, not now at least. He should find something to occupy himself with, his mind went to the Aetir, but decided against it. Food and drinks are better savored with a friend. Plus, it felt kind of rude to try it out without Yumi here. With these 4 charges, he had to make them count as well. Well, he had a few choices. One was to follow Yumi, although, that's probably highly unnecessary. The other was to go out into the field, reap a bit of EXP. Although, he wouldn't want Yumi to be unable to find him when she did arrive. He could walk around these parts of town, shake off his boredom. Or he could take a nap right here in the Inn... Yeap, probably a nap..

In a table in the bar, he used his arms as a cushion as he began to try and sleep. Emphasis on try. There was quite some noise within the Inn, and there was the excitement of playing Shards of Memory again too. The sound of whoops and whoos began to grew louder. Rugaki looked up to see that it was because a few players were having a fistfight. This made the young boy grin. While he was no friend of violence, a good round of PvP was always a sport he enjoyed, no matter the circumstances. He sat up, wore his mask, and stepped into the ring. His fists drawn into a fighting stance "You guys have room for another?" He knew how to join a friendly match, he only had to be casual and confident about it. The boy's blood boiled, and the fight between the 4 of them started.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Chryslon

Post by Chryslon » Thu May 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Although he had been hoping to continue talk with her, he certainly didn't want to discuss their novelty to the game in a densely packed place, such as a tavern or inn. Were they to exploit their lack of experience to the wrong person, things could go downhill quite quickly. But, putting his unease aside, he'd feel dreadful if he kept this girl out in the rain. "It does seem like a whole lot to remember, huh?" He rested his hand on the back of his neck, letting out a chuckle. "But we should definitely find some cover, I can't really say I know of any side effects that come with rain. But then again, I wouldn't want to find out the hard way." And as if on cue, his skin was blissed with the sensation of raindrops, cool kisses on his face and arms. He might as well have been in the real world; the rain was too realistic for any sort of video game, regardless of the technology.

But...If raindrops can be felt on his skin, what about other sensations? Like hugs, or wind, or...Pain? What if he were to be sprung by a group of werewolves, or a group of assassin NPC's, intent on killing him in the most brutal way possible? Would he be able to feel a blade driven into his chest, or claws raking his arm? He certainly didn't like pain, but even more...Could the game emulate fear? Could even his mind be twisted by equipment worth only a hundred thousand yen?

He forced the thoughts aside, for fear of seeming obnoxiously aloof to his potential party member. "Er...If you don't mind too much, I'm going to be headed over to the item shop. From what I know, potions could come in handy this early in the game." He recalled from the guidebook, glad to see that its information was already becoming applicable. "We could continue talking in there. It's probably not as noisy in there, also; I'm sure the tavern and inn are packed with people trying to get out of the rain." He began to slowly make his way over to the aforementioned shop, looking back at her for a response.

"Is that alright with you..." He squinted a bit, and a marker appeared over her head, providing him with just the information he was looking for. "...Natz?"
Selling my kidney to pay for this month's rent.

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Mon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm

As Yumi waited for the woman to turn around, she plotted out a few plans of action, anticipating her actions. If the woman accepted Yumi's invitation, they would need to hurry to shelter, or risk cleaning her armor. She couldn't stress the importance of keeping her armor clean to herself. In the beta, cleaning armor was hard enough, but she had heard it has become even more meticulous with the joints and small places. She shuddered hard as she imagined her armor falling to pieces in the face of an enormous boss. If the woman rejected her offer, then she would leave then and there, without another word said. If she wanted to talk, she would try to stop her as soon as possible.

Yumi was so distracted by her own ramblings that she almost didn't notice the woman turning around and extending her hand. Startled, she jumped a bit, her body recoiling in shock. Quickly, she regained her composure, laughing awkwardly to try and play it off. She quickly noticed that she was digging herself deeper, so she took a deep breath and smiled. "My name is Y-Yumi." As she said this, a small drop of water fell from the sky, and landed on her cheek. This spurred her onward, shouting the following statement at the top of her lungs, not giving the woman the chance to say anything else. "JOIN MY PARTY!"

With that said, she rapidly pulled up her map and scanned it, looking for the location of the inn. Without hearing the answer to her question, she began to sprint in the direction of the establishment. However; she didn't see the small ledge that loomed just a few steps ahead of her. She turned the head back and shouted, "If you do, come to the King's Boar Inn!" Just as these words left her mouth, her foot caught on the very same ledge that she had overlooked. A sense of dread came over her as she began to fall forward. Instinctively, she ducked her head, and prepared to roll forward with the momentum. As her back hit the ground, she rolled, then jumped back up, turning her head to let Aki know that she was okay. The moment that she did this, she stumbled forward, falling straight onto a pile of dirt. Loudly she complained, as she inspected her armor. Dirt filled almost every crevice of the joints in her armor. She began slamming her fist onto the ground, a 0 damage indicator popping up every time she did so.
Prosperity tries the fortunate, adversity the great

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 am

Aki winced as the girl in her hurry to get to the inn, stubbed her foot against a low ledge. The girl recovered masterfully, with a fluid roll that brought her back onto her feet, but as Yumi looked back over her shoulder the girl’s foot caught the back of her leg and she fell. A harsh, face first kind of fall into dirt on the side of the road. This elicited an even harsher wince from Aki. The game, in the alpha at least had replicated pain, no where near as sharp as what reality offers, but still not pleasant. Even dampened, planting oneself face first into the ground could not be a fun time. The girl, frustrated as she scrambled up into a kneeling position started to wail on the ground, her clothing and skin covered in a fine dusting of earth.

Up above, the threatening rolls of thunder turned to a growl. A coarse snarl as a cooling, heavy wind swept down the street. Aki hurried over to the younger girl, who was, in her frustration was doing all she could to punish the ground for its injustice. Each punch caused a little zero to pop out of the ground. They were inside a safe zone, no damage would be dealt. “You alright?” Aki asked, as she leaned over and offered a hand up to the frustrated girl. Once more the sky growled. As the smaller girl took Aki’s hand and was helped up, a distant flash of light brightened the sky and the first fattened droplets of rain splattered against the stone.

With her map pinned open to the left of her vision, Aki did not slow in her run until she reached the relative protection offered by the wooden overhang. Breathing a sigh of relief, Aki closed her map with a wave of her hand, and slid her sodden hood down. She glanced back over her shoulder to check that the other girl had kept up. The rain hammered against the ground, pooled into every divot and cervase in the stonework of the road, and washed over the edges of roofs. Aki’s scarlet cloak was a shade darker and felt a few pounds heavier, her white skirt was plastered to her legs, and the bottom two-thirds of her white shirt was almost translucent where the thin fabric clung to her skin. Aki brushed her damp hair away from her eyes as Yumi darted towards the King’s Boar Inn. Satisfied, Aki stepped to the wooden door and grasped the handle.

The door swung open easy, and Aki stepped inside. She barely managed to utter a “woah” as she kicked hard to her left, barely dodging a stray fist thrown by one boy in a small group of boys.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Diamantine

Post by Diamantine » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:27 am

Natz smiled. "Sure, just lead the way. I could stand to get out of this weather before, I dunno, I catch a cold or something." She almost facepalmed at this. This was virtual reality, she couldn't really get sick, unless that was a thing of course... She decided not to let it bother and followed along with the boy. It was nice to talk to someone, though it was bound to happen at some point.

The boy said something about potions. That sounded handy, With such a lack of skill in these sorts of things, no doubt she was going to take a few hits. And unless she wanted to run around one hit away from death any any given moment, the ability to regain any lost health points would be vital. These tips were starting to come together! Hearing them from a person seemed to make them way easier to understand!

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Pure anger filled her mind as Yumi kept pounding the ground with her fist. She hated her luck sometimes, and it was turning out not to be her day. Slowly, she began to stop hitting the ground, and just sat on her hands and knees, staring at the unsettled dirt. It was as if she was looking at her own failure. Slowly, she grasped a handful of loose dirt, and tossed it to the side, reveling in her own self pity. She'd never become an idol for all of SoM I'm her shape... A veil of pure depression overcame her expression, as small droplet's of rain cascaded down upon the earth.

She was snapped out of this state by the woman she had seen earlier, leaning over and offering her a hand. Her smile warmed Yumi's inside, and she gladly grabbed the woman's hand and let her lead her. It was relatively easy to match the nimble woman's pace, given her acrobatic background. As they stopped in front of the inn, the taller woman pushed open the door and Yumi followed suit, very close behind. Apparently, something had caused the woman she was following to jump to the side, but what? She thought as she kept walking forward, oblivious to the hazard ahead. A rouge fist flew from its original target, swinging through the air, connecting with soft flesh. Yumi's eyes opened wide as she was caught by the suprise sucker punch. A small indicator popped up in the top left of her screen, indicating knock back, as she tipped over in front of the doorway. As she rubbed her cheek, her red eyes scanned for the man who had desecrated her face.

"WHO DID IT, HUH?!" She shouted, gazing at several of the men who were standing up. "I swear, whoever did this to me... WILL. PAY." She pulled up her equipment screen, and noticed that her HP was still full, it made sense, as they were in a safe zone, but however... Her armor durability had gone down by .0001%! As soon as she saw this, her eyes turned completely dull. She stared into the crowd, a dead look on her face. "W-whoever did this. Will pay to fix my armor. Do you understand?"

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 am

From Rugaki's previous experiences with PvP, the boy knew that the winner of most fights is determined on who is able to land a good hit first. Of course, stats were also a thing. However, he wanted to make it equal, so he took off his Beta Reward armor, leaving him with the starting clothes like everyone else. While the fight has technically already started, no fighting was actually done at first. Just 4 adolescent boys looking at each other, seeing who would make the first move. Rugaki took this chance to see exactly what he was up against. The others were doing almost identical stances, with their elbows tucked and their arms protecting their chest and head. Boxing.. Are these guys part of the same club?" Rugaki knew that the thing about boxers is that they're the best at their own game, but in an actual fight without rules.. The boy sighed, he didn't like to win while he wasn't on the same playing field as others, although, he was never trained at boxing. He used a entirely different stance though, legs apart and bent, arms guarding torso, similar to a taekwondo stance. This might become awkward.. He thought to himself. The fact that no one was making any moves didn't make the situation any better. But then.. Someone rang a bell, the bell used to call the waiter's attention, which seemed to get the other 3 ticking. Before Rugaki knew it, another boy threw a jab at his face, followed by two more successive ones, which barely grazed him. Rugaki saw the uppercut coming towards his head, once which he actually intends to meet with his forehead. He headbutted the hand, the boxer definitely didn't expect that. In real life, it might had broke his wrist, here, the reaction simply confused him. Enough for Rugaki to get a good uppercut into his solar plexus, extending his already bent legs to give him the extra force to make him fall to the ground, hands at the spot where he was struck. "Good fight man." Rugaki said as he bent down and patted the guy at the shoulder. He had to admit, he had pretty fast punches.

The boy looked towards the other fighting pair, one of them was clearly overwhelming the other to the point that the other had to block his face. Whenever a boxer protects his face, it usually results in their defeat. The onslaught wasn't quite stopping, to the point that they were nearing the door of the inn. Now all they needed was for one unfortunate person to come in at the wrong time. That person did come by, a brunette wearing one of the Alpha sets. Luckily, she side-stepped out of danger in time. Rugaki was about to go in to pull the fight back into the center of the ring before any other bystander got hurt. Sadly, someone did, no one other than his party member. Oh crap.. Knowing Yumi, she is going to be so mad even if she wasn't really hurt.

"WHO DID IT, HUH?!" Annnddd.. He was right. At the moment she was hit the who boy hit her had already looked pretty scared, and then she shouted as well. "I swear, whoever did this to me... WILL. PAY." Rugaki gulped, he wondered what was in store for the poor boy who was winning the fight quite a few moments ago. All eyes were on her as she checked her equipment, only to realize that only minimal damage was made to her armor. And yet, she still demands payment for it. It was probably best for Rugaki himself to step in, after all, he was somewhat responsible as being part of the fight, plus she was his party member after all. "Yeahh.. Pardon my fellow combatants here. It was the heat of the moment, they didn't see ya there." He said as he walked up to Yumi. "I can pay to fix your armor.. Oh.. that's why." Rugaki had looked downwards to see that her previously pristine armor was now covered in dirt, not even the precious joints were left untouched. Which explains her initial anger. Wanting to change the subject in hopes for the girl to calm down, he looked towards the brunette who sidestepped away from the previous punch. "I assume that Yumi-chan brought you here to join our party." The boy said with a smile. Before going through his inventory to equip his Archean Set, excluding the mask. Hopefully, he made a good impression of himself. Having an Alpha player in the party would definitely make them more successful in their exploits. The other 3 boys continued fighting in the middle of the inn, Rugaki had no intent to join them. "So, I'm Rugaki, what's your name?" Sure, he could always just check for himself, but doing it this way had more.. Poise, to it. He extended his hand, hoping to give a handshake.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 pm

A small child no older than 8 looked about the streets and people with awestruck chocolate brown eyes, her pigtails flounced with each step. It seemed odd to see such a sweet little child donned in the starting gear with a battle axe strapped to her small back. But who were they to judge? Were they not gender switching trap baiting Otakus too? That is to say, if the child avatar was truly such a person when it was really just a young girl who simply loves the chibi aesthetic in games. Speaking of games… how do you play this game again? What do you do first? What was the point, the story, the ultimate goal?

The child paused her lollygagging in time to see a fellow girl helping a seemingly older fella. Maybe she could help her too! As she got closer, Moriko would tilt her head to the side in ponderment. The girl’s voice was oddly familiar but she just couldn’t put her finger on it. Once the man had left, Moriko slowly slipped into her space as if she was trying to be sneaky when really she wasn’t all too sure if they would mind talking to another player.

“Hi! I’m Koriko! Your voice sounds reeeeally familiar... Do I know you from somewhere?
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:19 pm

“Just remember, it's a quick flick of the wrist and that's all you need.” Hisa said with a smile as she finished answering the man’s question. To help drive her point home Hisa once more repeated the necessary movement with her right hand, and just as it had the other two times her interface immediately popped into existence. She wiggled her fingers like she was a magician who had just finished some trick, with a ‘tada’ before she dismissed the menu with a wave of her hand. “Well, if you have any other questions, you have my contact into, so drop me a line and I'll answer any questions if I'm online.” She smiled again and raised a hand to wave goodbye as the man gave his thanks and went back along his way.

Hisa dusted off her hands, and started to turn to go on her own way when movement in the edge of her vision and a small voice caused her to pause.

“Hi! I’m Koriko! Your voice sounds reeeeally familiar... Do I know you from somewhere?” A small girl asked. In an unconscious movement Hisa brushed the fingers of her right hand across her neck, but it wasn't long before her smile returned, and Hisa bent over so she was closer to the girl’s height. Another unconscious movement from a year’s worth of practice with younger fans.

“Hello, it's nice to meet you, Koriko!” Hisa said, catching herself before she called the girl sweetie. She didn't know how old Koriko actually was, she had spent a good deal of time making sure her avatar looked nothing like her -- and the chances of the eight year old girl actually being eight seemed slim. Also, had her voice betrayed her? Had the girl seen through her? Nothing she could really do about it if true. “I’m Hisa, and I don't believe we’ve met before. Who do you think I sound like?”

------

Aki once more winced at the sound of the fist connecting with Yumi’s face. A solid smack that definitely sounded worse than it actually was, but for someone who was already irate due to bad luck and the weather? Well, Aki uttered a silent prayer for the one who had done it. After Yumi’s tirade ended one of the boys stepped forward and offered to get it repaired for the durability loss, though Aki wasn't even sure if an NPC smith could repair for amount of damage. Though, the boy could probably get away with just having the armor cleaned to make Yumi happy.

"I assume that Yumi-chan brought you here to join our party." The boy who had attempted to placate Yumi said with a smile as he turned to address her. He equipped some armor set Aki didn't recognize as he spoke, if she were to guess it was one of the beta rewards but Aki wasn't certain. The other boys in the group seemed to have returned to their sparring match, and Aki couldn't help but wonder if they were part of this party as well. "So, I'm Rugaki, what's your name?" The boy, Rugaki, asked drawing Aki’s attention back as he stuck out his hand for her to shake.

With a smile Aki took hold of Rugaki’s hand and gave it a shake. “Sorry for the water. The name’s Aki.” She said. “As far as joining the party goes, sure, I’d love to. But I’ll probably be heading off soon, I still have to get ready for work.” Aki shrugged an ‘oh well’ before she flashed a smile.

“However! We can exchange information and I can catch up with you all later.” She paused for a moment, taking a quick look around the inn. “Also, do you know where the fire is? I really want to dry off.” Aki added with a chuckle.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Yumi’s words lingered in the air, the tension rising as her anger continued to grow. Rukagi was quick to step in front of Yumi and try to ease her rage before something really got out of hand. She let out an enormous sigh agreeing to his offer to fix her armor. Her intense gaze dropped to the ground for a moment, looking at her armor covered in dirt and grime; wondering if it was really okay to make this much fuss over some dirty armor. As she stared at her soiled armor, a small smile emerged on her lips; she admired Rukagi for his courage and finesse in de-escalating the situation. She quickly dispelled the thought, and looked up at Rukagi, her eyes just as intense as before. “Well, I doubt that the smith will repair such minimal damage, so I guess you won’t have to pay for any damages.” She stated, staring directly at him. “That doesn’t get you off the hook though! You WILL help me clean the mud from my armor, understand?” She moved in fairly close to his face, expecting a response. She only waited for a moment before moving to the bar, asking the barkeep where the fireplace was. While she was there, she also asked if she could use a rag and bucket of water. They agreed and fetched the materials for her, asking for her to return them after she was done using it.

After she was able to extract the information and materials from the NPC, she sat down in front of the fire, and unequipped her heavy armor. She honestly could care less if Rukagi came to help her, she just wanted... She sat and stared down into her reflection though the mud and earth that thickly coated her iron chest-plate. She sighed and began to wipe the mud off of the armor with the rag that she was given, shaking off the thought. She knew that this was going to take a while, so she began to hum quietly to herself. It was a very old lullaby that her mother used to sing to her when she was a child. She stopped working on the armor for a moment, and tried to recall the name of the song… “Itsuki no komoriuta…” She whispered softly before resuming working on the piece of armor that she had almost finished. “The chest-plate shouldn’t have too many crevices…” Yumi said to herself, looking for any tiny speck of residual mud on the armor.