[ADV] Shards of Memory

SuXeSoN

Re: [ADV] Shards of Memory

Post by SuXeSoN » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm

“Let's move it!” Aki urged the other two to hurry. With good reason. There was no reason for any of them to get soaking wet. Even more because of their previous efforts to hurry to the inn before the announcement. Rugaki equipped his Archean Mask, which boosted his AGI by a few points. These few points are just enough for him to quickly catch up, and eventually overtake Aki. The protection of his face from the onslaught of the rain was also a pretty good plus.

Even though he was the first to arrive at the inn, he wasn't that far ahead. Like the others, he was soaking wet from head to toe. Only some of his face, now without the mask, was left untouched. He was thankful for the warm, hearty heat of the inn. It was warm enough so that he wasn't shivering quite yet. The lack of people meant that there was barely anyone to share body heat with. Of course, not in a weird way. After Aki arrived, she went to reserve a room without a moment's hesitation. Good thinking. the boy thought as the innkeeper said that there was only one room left. They managed to reserve one just before the next patron came along. He was expecting Yumi, but.. It wasn't her. It was a perplexed-looking woman with ginger hair. The woman looked pretty sick actually. Concerned, Rugaki raised his hand toward the newcomer, "Are youuu?.." He was just about to ask when suddenly the woman charged towards them. "Whaa-!" Rugaki exclaimed as he and Aki were tackled into the wall.

What happened was so unexpected that it left the young boy dumbfounded. So the ginger had to break the ice. "OHGODI'MSORRYIDIDN'TSEEYOUWELLOKAYIKINDADIDBUTIDIDN'TMEANTODOTHAT..." Rugaki, still stumped, only managed to let out an "Eeeerrrr.." The ginger came to her senses after that though. She apologized properly before asking them about the room. Considering the circumstances, it's not far-fetched to assume she wants to share the room with us. The thought made Rugaki a little bit uncomfortable. A boy sharing a room with 3 girls? Sounds like a really bad harem trope. But it wasn't quite up for him to decide. So he turned towards Aki for an answer, who seemed to be looking at a point behind the newcomer. Curious, Rugaki tilted his boy to get a look at Yumi, who seemed uncomfortable for some reason. "YES", she squeaked. Before Aki and Rugaki were strangely hugged by the stranger. Which left an awkward air in the room after her realization.

"Could you let me stay the night with you? I just learned that I'm likely going to die and to be honest, I'd feel quite embarrassed and insulted if it was the weather that took my life."

"Weelll.. I'm alright with that. Yumi over there seemed to be fine with it too but..." He didn't want to say it before but he had to. "Is this really okay? A guy sharing a room with 3 girls? I mean I had a little sister but-"

Rugaki heard the bell ringing as another patron entered. "Ah-whatever-lets-just-book-that-room!" Rugaki panicked before rushing to the counter. He wasn't going to let the last room be taken because of hesitation. "We'd like to book one room please! Uh, there's enough for four people right?"
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:46 am

Aki
It was a bit like witnessing the human equivalent of a trainwreck in a hurricane. All energy, motion, and complete confusion that Aki found she could only watch with that sort of fascination you can have while you are in the disaster and completely at the mercy of the whims of chance. This particular disaster had red hair and seemed to be speaking approximately two hundred words per second as she seemed to apologize for smushing Aki against a wall before slowing down to a far more reasonable fifty or so per minute to ask if she could also stay in the room.

Not but a few seconds later Yumi blurted out a very empathetic affirmative. Rugaki too offered his begrudging support of the idea after he had begun to voice his doubts. Though, it seemed more a fear that they would lose their room and have to rush back out into the rain was more of a factor than him deciding that it wouldn't be extremely awkward. Because it probably would be. Absently tugging tugging at the collar of her shirt -- an ultimately futile effort as the white shirt simply re-aheared to her skin as soon as she released it -- Aki stepped back to the counter.

“Of course sir, that could be arranged,” the Innkeeper said with an amiable smile, the number of beds on the screen automatically adjusting from one to four. As another group approached, Aki quickly tapped the ‘split cost’ option and then tapped the confirm button. A second screen popped up asking how long she would like to rent the room. With no real thought Aki changed the selection to four days then again confirmed. As the dialogue box vanished there was a faint jingle and a notification that lore, about five coins had been removed, with a nod the innkeeper produced a key from under his desk and held it out for Aki to take.

“If you would like to cancel your reservation early, or extend it, please come and see me before the time expires.” The NPC said, “and do enjoy your stay. Your room is on the second floor, room twenty-two.”

“Thanks.” Aki said, automatically as she took the key and turned her attention back to her party and the new girl. “How about we head up, dry off, and figure out what we are going to do next?” She said, holding the key up between her index and middle finger.

-------
Hisa

Hisa leaned in as the man opened his map, her eyes scanning along the streets. Same basic layout as the alpha and beta, which was good. Did that mean same layout for stores and quests? The few stores she had dropped by had been in the same place, so perhaps. She reached out and placed the pad of her finger on the map, on an intersection between two of the side streets which ran hither and fro between two of the main roads which lead to a city gate.

“Here.” She said, eyes already following the quickest route they could take. It wasn't the closest of options, but it was better, especially if they were stuck in this game. “Out of the way, cheaper than the inns that are along the main streets, we’ll be out in the rain longer but I’m already soaked anyway so what does that matter?”

She chuckled, more scoff than amusement, as she straightened. She flashed her teeth in a sudden grin, “and, come tomorrow it will leave us in a much better position to tackle the game.” She added with a wink. She stepped past Ichiro and Koriko, angling for an alley, “come on.” Hisa said, starting to jog.

If she wasn't drenched from the earlier downpour, she was now. She yanked the door open, glad at the warmth of the inn, and also very glad that the inn was in fact where she thought it was. Would be unfortunate if they just ended up in at some abandoned building or something. She motioned for the others to to step in as she held the door open before following them inside. She brushed her bangs always from her eyes as she crossed the empty lobby to an innkeeper.

“If we share a room it’ll be cheaper, or we can all get separate ones, up to you two.” She said, “once we get settled we can get a plan set for tomorrow.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:47 pm

A bit frazzled from what had happened and the socializing gave some time for Koriko to recompose herself.

“A warm bed sounds nice about now.” She had mumbled with chattering teeth. It was obvious that the starting clothes Koriko received was not fit for rainy weather. It was the standard pink beginner's outfit that consisted of a long sleeves, chest plate, and mini skirt. All of varying pink hues aside from the white stockings.

"And what could be your name, new miss?" She turned to whom she believed addressed her. He looked familiar but she couldn't place her finger on why.

“You can call me Koriko, and yourself?”

“Here.” the short conversation was interrupted by Hisa as she pointed something Out on the map. “Out of the way, cheaper than the inns that are along the main streets, we’ll be out in the rain longer but I’m already soaked anyway so what does that matter, and, come tomorrow it will leave us in a much better position to tackle the game.” Koriko didn't exactly get why but Hisa plays these kinds of games for sure. She followed after her, with hope she wouldn't get lost on the way.

Once inside, Koriko was quick to move closer to the fireplace as she was soaked to the bones and visibly shook with shivers.

“If we share a room it’ll be cheaper, or we can all get separate ones, up to you two.” She heard from behind her. “once we get settled we can get a plan set for tomorrow.”

“Wait,” Koriko began not exactly understanding what was said. “Like we're sharing a bed together?”
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Yumi had barely gotten into the door and over to her party before a strange lady had sauntered up to them and thoroughly pinned them to the wall. As Yumi gazed up at the tall lady, she wondered if she was overlooked because of the almost 40 cm difference in their height. After the lady had gotten untangled from her party-mates, Yumi suddenly remembered that Aki had asked her some sort of question that she didn't make out. Hastily, she shouted her answer, patrons of the bar beginning to look at the fiasco unfolding in the inn. After a moment of silence, the red haired girl tightly embraced the two that she had previously smushed against a wall.

A look of confusion spread across Yumi's face, what was that for and why was she embracing them so tightly? After several awkward moments passed, it seemed like the girl had realized her mistake and let go of the two, asking them to share a room. Why didn't she just say so in the first place? As new, panicked groups began pouring in, Aki and Rukagi had already reacted fairly quickly. Yumi was just in a daze this entire time, she didn't really know all of what was going on, all she knew was that her armor still needed to be cleaned. As Aki held the key out, Yumi was quick to grab it from her fingers and began walking toward the room. "Rukagi! Bring me several dry rags!" Yumi demanded as she ascended the stairs.

As she walked into the room, Yumi chose the bed furthest from the door, and sat down on the not flea-infested bed. She was greatful for that at least, in the beta she was scratching all night because she had chosen a very cheap inn. As Yumi began to unequip her armor, she made sure to unequip the Reaver Straps first, to avoid a similar situation as before. As the soaked armor fell to the ground, she felt her stomach and thighs to make sure that she had clothing on. Soft cotton caressed her fingertips as she felt the clothing. Wonderful, now she could get to work... As soon as Rukagi came with the rags...

Yumi began tapping her bare foot on the warm wooden floor, her still damp skin patting the floor. Geez, everyone is taking forever...
Prosperity tries the fortunate, adversity the great

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:37 pm

Rugaki sighed with relief as soon as the notification that 5 Lore had been deducted from his money pouch. They had successfully rented out the last room before any other group can take it. “How about we head up, dry off, and figure out what we are going to do next?” Aki announced as she held the key to their room. "Sure sounds good." Rugaki agreed just before Yumi swiped the keys from Aki. She didn't seem to be too happy. Did it have something to do with the reason why she's late? "Rukagi! Bring me several dry rags!" She commanded him, specifically him for whatever reason. The young boy then remembered what happened at the plaza just now. Yeah, that's probably why. She probably wants to bully me a bit for revenge. He sighed out his thoughts. Ah well, not like bringing up rags is a big deal. At least he wasn't ordered to bring up a heavy bucket of water too.

The boy turned from the staircase to the barkeep to remember that there was now an additional member to their group. "Well, welcome to the team, if you're planning on sticking around. What's ya name? I'm Rugaki, the white-haired one is Yumi, and this here is Aki." Rugaki gestured to the brunette with an open palm as he introduced her to the ginger. But before she's was able to say her name, the young boy made an expression as if he was just hit on the head by a hammer. "Right-right, the rags." Yumi would only be more irritated if he dilly-dallied.

"Barkeep, mind if I borrow 5 dry rags please?" He turned to face the NPC in question. After being handed the rags, he rushed upstairs. "Room 22, room 22..." He skimmed through the nameplates on the doors as he dashed across the halls. Doing a double take as he realized he passed it. He opened the door to see that Yumi sitting impatiently on the bed. Her armor was equipped but he was fully clothed at least. Rugaki walked over to her, and spoke without trying to make eye contact. "I got you the rags. Ahh.. You probably don't trust me to help you clean up again at this point huh." Even though what happened was not his fault. People do become unreasonable when emotional.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am

“You can call me Koriko, and yourself?" He nodded in response immediately, confirming the younger girl's name before giving his own. "Ichiro, I believe we are done with the introductions, then--" He flinched as Hisa pointed out in which direction to go, cutting his words short. The mention of the further distance made it hard to see why it was a better option, the trade-off, however, would be worth it if that meant having an advantage above the masses. Sacrificing time and effort under the current circumstances to save money and be in a more favorable spot the morning after seemed like a good plan, so Ichiro did not protest. "Agreed. I doubt more rain will do more than make us cold for longer, let's move, then." He stated before closing his map and setting foot to follow Hisa closely.

Once arrived at the inn, Ichiro rubbed the plant of his feet against the floor; his old habit causing him to do such an useless attempt at not wetting the floor, since his equipment was soaked anyways. He stepped inside, noticing Koriko darting towards the fireplace and Hisa to the counter. The blonde male decided to set himself near Hisa; being near her would surely help him learn how to move around this place faster.

“If we share a room it’ll be cheaper, or we can all get separate ones, up to you two.” Ichiro took a hand to his forehead, pressing and sliding it back to push the surplus of water off his hair before speaking. "Well--" He was interrupted by Koriko, however. "Wait, like we're sharing a bed together?” Her words got a chuckle out of him. He shook his head and smiled, dismissing the thought. "No, just the room I'm assuming. This place is sure to have more than one bed per room, though that might be more expensive." He pursed his lips in thought. "If that's the case, we can get one room with two beds and you'll share one-- That is if you wish. But be wary that saving money now could help us in the future."

He concluded by pressing his right arm against his chest and using the back of the hand as support for his left elbow. His other arm olded upwards to allow his hand to hold his own chin. "Up to you, though, I'm fine with anything, I could even sleep outside." He chuckled, trying to put a light tone on his words. He was joking, of course, he wouldn't like to sleep in the rain if it can be avoided, but would if it was necessary; after all, he did sleep outside once or twice in his life.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Aki

And there went Yumi again. Aki simply watched, her hand that once held the key still partially outstretched after the shorter girl had snatched it away and bolted up the stairs, calling for Rugaki to get her some dry rags as she went. Even with the impending doom of every player looming over their heads, Yumi sure was still full of spunk and vigor. She chuckled faintly, and brushed a lock of damp hair away from her eyes. Aki shot the new girl a smile as Rugaki quickly introduced everyone before hurrying off to comply with Yumi’s latest demand.

Poor guy.

“Well, I guess we should all head up then.” She offered with a lame shrug of her shoulders. With a tilt of her head to indicate the others should follow Aki turned and made her way up the stairs. The room was quick enough to find, and Aki pushed the door open as she drew near. The room was spacious enough, even with all beds along the wall, and pleasantly warm.

“Ugh, I need a bath and a change of clothes.” Aki groaned, walking over to a table with four chairs pushed into one corner of the room. She slipped into one of them and leaned back, looking out of one of the nearby windows.

Not too much to see beyond all the rain.

“So, now what.” She said, mostly to herself.

-------

Hisa

“Share a bed?” Hisa asked, cocking an eyebrow and cracking a smile at the question. That would be kind of silly, to say the least, the three of them on whatever tiny bed the Inn would have. It seemed to her that they wouldn't have to take measures that drastic to save a few Lor, at the very least the could splurge on two beds and she and Koriko could share. “It's nothing as drastic as that, but sharing a single room will cut our costs in half. There’ll be a small fee for any additional beds added to the room, but it’ll still be cheaper to have a single room with two or three beds.” Hisa explained, tapping a knuckle against the reception desk.

Between her and the NPC receptionist a pop up menu appeared. Hisa quickly input the necessary information, three people in the party, split the cost between them, and two beds.

“Early game you want to save Lor wherever you can, weapons and armor are a pain to buy, but it's up to you Koriko if you want to share a bed with me or not, it doesn't cost too much more to have three beds in one room.” She shrugged, “once we get upstairs and dry off, I can show you two pointers, this is your first VR game, right?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 am

Just the room and the option for a third bed, Koriko was okay with this. If the situation they were all in called for them to be frugal, she wouldn't mind helping them save a bit on Lor. Her experience with mobile games always had an issue with the scant amount of currency so she understood why they would need to preserve their money. Koriko nodded in agreement with Hisa and thought the plan was sound.

"I'm okay with sharing the bed and that seems like a good idea. This is my first time and it's all so new to me, a bit overwhelming if you ask me." she chuckled. Koriko wondered if the game was similar to her mobile games in other aspects. Perhaps she wouldn't be totally clueless on how to play the game. Maybe that's why she avoided team based games or just games that required to rely on others in some way. It's not that she was some solo elitist or anything, just that she'd hate to be the useless one who slowed everyone down.

"If there's a way for me to help lessen the burden on our pockets, please don't hesitate to ask." It was the least she could do to help her new found team. Hisa was even going to spend her time to teach them how to properly use the VR system!
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Diamantine

Post by Diamantine » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

The first thing Natz did when she got to the room was flop onto one of the beds and let out a big sigh of relief. She didn't care she was wet, she didn't care she was cold, all that mattered was she could finally rest. She winced and held her head, it felt like her brain was a computer that had coffee dumped on it, all the fiddly and precious circuits burned out and ruined. She didn't even have the energy to process her emotions properly, but there were a few things she needed to say. Without getting up or even opening her eyes, she spoke to the others.

"I...gotta say I'm super grateful for this you guys, I'll pay you back whenever I can if I don't die or anything. Ugh, sorry, I feel really sick."

After a few minutes, she got up, feeling a little refreshed, and put her things on the floor, her cleaver and silk spools propped up neatly by the beds bottom left leg. She noticed people were looking at them.

"Oh...don't mind those. I was looking for some arms and stuff...I guess I should find someone who can make me something out of the silk though, not sure I know all that much about sewing, hehe..."

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:50 pm

"Yeah, this is actually my first game in deca--" He cut himself off, trying to figure out whether his statement was an exaggeration or accurate. Before finishing any actual calculation, he decided to play it safe and just correct himself. "Well, a lot of time, yeah." He sighed, realizing how most of the people in here should be kids in their teens, or young adults at most. Something as crude as this would be taken as some sort of "survival of the fittest" test put into motion by a rich man out of pure entertainment, but to do it in a setting where most of the participants aren't even at legal age yet is sick.

That aside, it seems like a conclusion had been reached and a decision taken, they girls would be sharing a bed to save some Lor. While Ichiro didn't see it as a bad choice, the more he put his mind into it, the more he thought he got the whole tree while the girls got the short end of the stick. He'd get to have his own bed, and in retrospective, would pay a fraction of whatever the Inn room was worth, while they would pay for a crammed space. He almost felt bad for the other two, but it would be wrong to ask a woman you just met to sleep with you, right? And it would be foolish as well to sleep on the floor just out of pure good will in this case.

He dismissed the thoughts, letting his arms rest by his sides as he watched Hisa activate the inn payment menu. After taking mental note of it, he turned his head towards the fireplace and wondered if their armor would stay soaked for long; or even if they'd dry instantly if they unequipped them and returned it to the menu. The question was about to be spoken, but he decided to save it for when they reached their room, since Hisa mentioned she'd give a few pointers once upstairs. Ichiro just nodded, silently agreeing to what was said.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.