(NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

God Of The North

Re: (NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Post by God Of The North » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Tarroc spoke instantly at that, his face grave, "If you value the lives of the people in this empire, you would stay far away from that creature. The phoenixes, much like the dragons of old, formed empires with their ruthlessness, and their overwhelming might. They were not kind entities. The same could be sad of some dragons however, but I have no interest in trying to reconquer and rebuild the empire the dragons once boasted. Those days are long since past, and that is where they shall stay."

He was quiet for a moment or two more, before speaking slowly and softly, "Our King once claimed that an ancient evil, dark and twisted and malicious beyond imagination was what destroyed the Phoenix empire, and that if any should survive such a calamity..... They would be a monster, unlike any other, save for the evil itself, that had destroyed the Phoenixes."

Tarroc looked more grave and more serious than Aphra had seen from him yet. As he spoke, his eyes were hard, his face firm, and his posture similar to that of the Empress when she was speaking seriously, giving commands. Tarroc was of course, not giving Aphra any orders, but he was giving a very serious and grave warning.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:15 pm

"I'll be fine," Anya said as she entered the room. The room wasn't overly big, yet it was bright and inviting. A small bed was pressed up against one of the corners and two doors was in the room. As she opened the first it was a closet, empty for now. But she figured that someone would come with clothes later. For what she knew a handmaiden was highly regarded so she couldn't believe she would walk around in torn clothes for long. The second door opened up to a small room in which to take care of ones business.

Anya laid down on the bed, felt the lightly springy fabric under her adjust to her every movement. The blanket was light but surely warm. For now though, she just laid on the blanket, staring into the ceiling. She went through what had happened in her mind. Devon and her had finally found a place to live. For the next while she'd live alone in this room, but surely arrangements could be made once Devon returned. Her vision became blurry as tears once again flooded her eyes. Turning towards the pillow she cried into it. There was little she could do for now. And that feeling alone was almost as bad as Devon leaving.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:12 pm

Aphra listened to Tarroc's warning, noting how spontaneous his reaction was. Whilst the Princess couldn't sum up his reaction precisely, the closest that she could come to describing it would be one of fear. She could also understand that he was trying to warn her in his reaction, but Aphra was still intent on finding Dorian. After all, if he was raised amongst the same dragons who'd fought against the Phoenixes it would make sense for Tarroc to be biased against them. Aphra's own experience with Dorian had been civil, with him even warning her about throwing herself into danger. She'd tried to act on that advice by hiring Arturia. Of course, Aphra had found a lot more in the human, which was an added bonus. If anything, Aphra found Dorian and his mystery to be a challenge that she needed to solve.

"I understand what you're saying Tarroc, but I'm still going after him. My duty as a princess is to my people, but my nature as my mother's daughter means that I have to find Dorian. If what you say is true, then it's all the more important that I do. Outcasts become monsters when the world turns it's back on them completely. In leaving him, I'd be resigning him to whatever dark desires that calamity placed into his mind. So, I'm going to find him. and off him a chance to be part of a family once again." Aphra said, matching his gaze with an equally determined one of her own.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:21 pm

Tarroc leaned in slightly, putting his hands on the table, and he spoke softly, his tone different now. His eyes were still serious, but they were old, far older than any other eyes she had seen, besides perhaps Dorian's at some times. "You are young Aphra. You are so very young, and you are still together. You have your flaws, but you aren't broken yet. You have someone you love, so you may not understand this, not yet, and I hope you never will..... But when you lose everything, everyone you have ever known, everyone you have ever loved, anyone who has ever meant anything at all to you, and it's just you.... That's a very dangerous thing young one. You stay like that for too long..... And something breaks. Not physically, you stay fine physically most of the time.... But something breaks up here. Something breaks and you can't always fix it." He tapped the side of his head, his eyes serious as he looked at her.

He then leaned back and he sighed, rubbing his forehead. "But if you are absolutely certain about doing that, and going after him.... Then I'm going with you." His violet eyes were tired as he spoke, but they were determined, and firm. He obviously knew what he was talking about when it came to being all alone like that, but he hadn't broken. Not yet, and he'd be damned if he ever broke. He was a dragon, he wasn't so weak as to break so easily, like a lesser creature.

"You're chasing a phoenix, and a mad Phoenix at that. I don't care what your mate is capable of, or what you're capable of. I can smell her, she's a human, and you may be an Arion, but you're still young. You'll be getting yourself into some dangerous business, and how can I claim to wish to be your mother's mate if I willingly and knowingly let her daughter put herself in danger like that?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Aphra was surprised when she heard Tarroc make an offer of help. She hadn't expected him to, nor would she have guessed he'd be willing to do it. The Princess needed any help that she could get if she was going after Dorian and having the last the last dragon on her side would certainly increase her chances of success. His speech about love certainly struck hope with Aphra and she listened both carefully and intently. Aphra also couldn't help but think of Arturia at the time, in particular the thought of losing her, which as painful in it's own right. The thought then occurred to Aphra that Arturia was mortal. No matter how much Aphra loved her, no matter how much the two of them loved each other, it would inevitably end. The Princess' body language shift to more of a slouch as she was hit by the wave of emotion. She could try to find something to somehow delay the process, but she'd need to talk to Arturia about it first.

"I wouldn't underestimate Arturia, or humans for that matter. They're capable of more than most races give them credit for. Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying with that, Tarroc. I'm glad to have you with us. I also understand what you're saying. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if she..." Aphra said, before trailing off.

"Well, it won't come to that. It won't." She finally continued, her look of look of determination showing a slight hint of anger.

Aphra then breathed in, before standing up and recomposing herself. She then thought about her mother and all that she needed to tell her about. She also needed Arturia to become acquainted with Tarroc.

"Anyhow. I need to talk to my mother about our plan. I'll also mention you, just to get an idea of where you stand with her. As for you, you mentioned that you could smell Arturia on me. If you can, I'd recommend finding her and telling her about what's going on. If you also happen upon anyone else you'd deem useful, see if they'd be interested. Nobody of any major ranking though. We need to move quietly if we're going to find Dorian." Aphra informed Tarroc.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Tarroc raised an eyebrow, shrugging slightly, "Respect is not given lightly, especially from Dragons. You EARN respect from my kind, and I don't know this Arturia at all, so it's impossible for me to know her well enough for her to have earned my respect yet." He then rose to his feet, running a hand through his hair, frowning faintly, his eyebrow furrowed slightly. "It has been a long time since I've fought against something that is even close to my level. Dragons don't get out of practice though. I'll be ready for whatever this phoenix might try to do."

Tarroc then turned, and he walked out of the room, his hands by his side, looking for all the world like a nobleman, with his smooth, cream coloured skin, his fine clothing, and his golden hair, combined with the way he walked and held himself. Once he was out of the room, he glanced around, trying to decide where it was that he wanted to go. He decided he'd just try to find Arturia, and as such, he sniffed the air, next to an open window, focusing hard on trying to find one scent in thousands. It took multiple sniffs, and a great deal of focus, but he finally managed to detect Arturia's scent, and he hopped out of the window, landing lightly on the floor, walking through the streets, following the scent.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm

Aphra left shortly after instructing Tarroc on what to do, deciding to head to see her mother once more. The Dragon’s final words still remained lingering in the back of Aphra’s mind, however, and it bothered the Princess terribly. She’d have to keep an eye on him once they found Dorian. Aphra never intended to fight the Phoenix, yet everybody else seemed so railed on killing him. To that regard, the hostile actions of everybody towards Dorian were deeply disturbing in her eyes. Almost everyone wanted him dead without finding out so much as his circumstance or his final goal. It caused Aphra to feel both a desire to find out him about him as well as the drive to try and prove everyone else wrong. The belief that someone was a complete monster never really registered to Aphra. She found that it lead to more division than anything else. She also loathed the idea of death itself, causing the Princess to dedicate herself to trying to avoid deaths or ease those that were dying. As she moved back towards the study, Aphra saw a servant carrying some clothes. Since they weren't expecting any guests, it seemed odd to the Princess.

"Who are those for?" She asked, taking note that they were mainly dresses and gowns.

"A new guest, your majesty. She's quite unlike any elf I've ever seen, if I do say so. Been involved in some nasty business, including two people being sent off for punishment." The servant replied.

Aphra found that, at least in the Palace, finding information was easy. Whilst the servants were disciplined, even they were prone to gossiping about the latest goings on in the court. It was for that precise reason that Aphra had gone out of her way to help them whenever possible. It always kept her in the flow of information, which could help during tough negotiations. The Princess then took the clothes from the servant, before giving a polite nod.

"I'll take them to her. It's only polite of me to see who visits the castle." Aphra said, noting the materials the gowns were maid from.

"Well, I can't refuse a royal order. However, I wouldn't advise doing any of that poking around you normally do! We all know what you're like here, Princess Silvah!" The servant said, before moving back to their quarters.

Aphra then walked to the room that the elf was staying in, before stopping outside the door and listening for anything inside. Although she wasn't too sure, the Princess thought that she could hear someone crying. Although she didn't know the person, Aphra felt her own heart feel slightly heavy. She knew that she needed to be careful about what she did next. She knocked lightly on the door before speaking.

"I'm... I'm sorry to disturb you, but I have some clothes here for you. Would you be alright with me coming in?" Aphra asked, with a noticeable sad quality in her voice to relate to the person beyond the door.
Sig.

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 am

The Empress looked coldly at Jason. "Your weapons will be will be returned to the king. But you will not be." She said as she moved closer to him. With each step it was like a beast padded closer. The air growing ice cold, as if all the heat suddenly left. "Do you fear death, Jason?" She asked. Her eyes growing black.

Her finger a sparked in blue light. The beast that lied dormant for so long. Was awakening. Each hour growing closer to the moon. Each hour the human shell of the Arion race grew weaker. The Empress, the alpha female, the Dark Hunter, approached Jason silently. Her foot steps seeming to make no noise. "How do you wish death to take you?"
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 am

Jason

"I do not fear death," Jason said, "I've dealt with it enough to know it in person," his voice was cautious. "And to answer you second question," he continued, "I'd like to die as painless as I can. I deal with death, but when i can i make it swift and pain free," his voice was calm and collected, but not without a sense of fear. His body language was revealing. He was ready to spring every moment. He was missing his weapons, this was a bad thing.

Anya

Anya heard a soft voice behind the closed door. "I wouldn't mind," Anya said as she changed her position. Laying on her side rather than face first into the pillow. She could feel how the tears, that had soaked the pillow, had also stuck to her. The area around her eyes were especially wet. Quickly drying off the worse she was making ready to talk to whomever entered.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Arion Queen

Post by Arion Queen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 pm

The Empress watched him carefully. Her frame edging closer. "So be it." She muttered her tone calm. Her frame showed no signs of tension outside of her sparking fingers, and her black colored eyes. When she got close enough, the air was like stranded in a glacier with the winter wind raging. "Your story shall be written and told. Fear not in your lack of legend. Death will take you."

The empress leaned in silently, and as if she hadn't even blinked her hand leapt forward to grab his throat. Once she had her grip she lifted him then would throw him to the floor, all in one swift movement. Her pin was as if s massive beast had a paw on his chest. Her veins started to turn black as her skin shifted to hard scales. He of course could resist this, and strike out at her.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.