(NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

kitkat871

Re: (NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Post by kitkat871 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Aphra listened to Tarroc's apology, which caused her to clear up. She then saw the uncomfortable look that Tarroc had, which was unexpected for an age old being. From the old stories, Aphra had expected dragons to be proud, noble creatures, who'd rarely admit fault in favour of retaining their own egos. The dragon certainly seemed humbled to the Princess which was a side of him that she hadn't suspected to see so soon either. At first, Aphra couldn't see where his comments about her mother were going, thought the focus on her and his praise of her certainly raised an eyebrow from Aphra. His speculation about the Empress killing lesser dragons also caught Aphra's attention. She had never heard her mother admit to such a thing, though Aphra had never found the need to ask either. The mention of the Arions being more advanced since Tarroc had last seen them also reaffirmed the belief that he'd been around before the Empire was created.

However, once Tarroc expressed his interest in her mother as a mate, Aphra let out a small gasp, along with a slight chuckle. A gaping smile of both disbelief and surprise formed on Aphra's face for a brief moment before she regained her composure. It seemed as though they day had yet more strange twists in store for the Princess. Aphra knew that it would be best to answer the dragon's question, as any delay or action that could be seen as an insult could cause the Dragon to become angry. In an attempt to form an answer to Tarroc's question, Aphra thought back to her memories of her own father. He had been a kind man and always treated Aphra and Jassin well. The most prominent aspect of his personality that Aphra could recall was his passion, for his mother, his children and the Empire. Much like how Arturia's nature had caused Aphra to love her, Aphra could imagine that her father had wooed her mother in much the same way.

The first step to answering the dragon's question would be to put him at ease, so Aphra decided to put herself in a similar position to him.

"I understand what you mean Tarroc. It's tough to admit how you feel about people, especially in the affairs of love. However, I think that the aspect of vulnerability is what makes love precious. If you had nothing to lose, would it be of value?" Aphra asked, smiling to further help him relax.

"As for my mother... I think I could help you with that, though I can't guarantee anything. Nowadays, we don't really refer to it as an interest or proving one's strength. It's more about finding someone who compliments you perfectly, who can make up for your faults and have you make up for theirs. The way to my mother's heart isn't through raw strength. She's passionate about the Empire, but if you try and serve it to get her attention you'll end up as nothing more than a member of the court. No, the way to gain her attention is through her love of children. She reads to them every day at noon. If she sees you doing something for the children of the Captial, maybe she will notice you." Aphra explained.

"However, the best thing that you can do is to control yourself. My mother is a busy woman at the end of the day and I think that the loss of my father still weighs down on her. If she refuses you, don't overreact." Aphra added.
Sig.

Skylord11

Post by Skylord11 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 pm

As if on que, the armored man and the Kernu entered the pub, laughing. "I never thought you would be a joker!" The man said, "Neither did I, you owe me a drink though. I hope you at least remember that!" Replied San, the two sat down and got some drinks. A Kernu isn't a common sight, some people have never seen one, but either way it seemed most people didn't care. San filled a small flask with the acoholic drink, "I could whip up something much better then this. Of course I'd have to head home for that to happen." She muttered the last part, but something caught the corner of her eye. She looked up and towards it, or rather her, seemed a curious soul was looking around, San waved.
All hail the Glow Cloud...

Khol

Post by Khol » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Arturia watched the two as they came in and took their seats "Hmm...? That's an interesting sight if I might say." She mumbled to herself as the sight of the Kernu caught her attention, and apparently she did too as the stranger waved towards her. Waving back with a small smile, Arturia saw the girl pour a drink and it made her feel anxious, wanting to join in with them. No, no. Behave yourself young lady. You came here to eat, not drink As if on cue, her food was set down on the table and she gave a thanks before digging in. As she ate, her mind began to wander aimlessly before settling down on Aphra, making her smile Now, get yourself together and stop that awful habit if you want things to workout with her. Arturia slowly nodded to herself and went to take another bite but stopped abruptly But then again... Drinking is what brought us together... Groaning slightly, she rubbed her temple in frustration as Arturia sat there having an internal argument with herself.
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:28 am

Elessar watched as Anya finished her good, and as she did, he calmly sipped his tea. His brow furrowed slightly, and he spoke after a few moments, "What do you like to do, Anya? Was there anything in particular you enjoyed doing in your free time before you came here?" He knew how dependant she was on Devon, and if she became obsessed with Devon being gone, it could cause some harm. It wasn't healthy to be that obsessed about someone. It was like her entire life revolved around his presence and his existence.

Tarroc was quiet as Aphra spoke. He sighed, the air coming from his mouth forming into a heat shimmer. "Children eh? I have not interacted with children in tens of thousands of years, not since I watched the hatchery burn, and watched as the eggs burst."

His eyes seemed old, far older than his face suggested he was, at that moment. "Living to become the last survivor of your species is not a pleasant feeling, young one. I truly hope none will ever have to feel the pain of suck a thing again."

He tapped a finger on the table, and he spoke suddenly, "You have helped me in this matter, princess Aphra. Is there any manner in which I can help you, so as to repay the favour?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:59 am

"There wasn't much time for fun while escaping," Anya said, "And back in Darkhold we hardly got scraps for clothes," her voice was heavy. Her thoughts came into disarray once again. It was difficult for her to be stuck here. Anya understood that Elessar wasn't going to hurt her, but he seemed a bit too.. friendly. And while some might have welcomed it, Anya already had committed herself to Devon in all manners but marriage.

"Right now," she said in a tried voice, "Right now I just want to be alone for a while. And maybe get some sleep," she said. It wasn't so much as if she was tired, but just laying down helped her collect her thoughts. Her voice was as sincere as she could manage, but anyone who tried could easily detect the lie.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Elessar nodded slightly, sighing mentally. He knew it was a lie, but refusing to let her do what she asked, and calling her out on the lie would do nothing for him. It wouldn't help him in any way, and it could in fact damage the way she looked at him and the other people in the capital.

He finished his tea, before standing up. "Very well then. I'll take you to there room You'll be staying in. If you would be so kind as to follow me?" He spoke calmly and casually to her.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:22 pm

"OK," Anya said as she rose to her feet. She almost forgot her manners for a second, "Thank you for the food," she said towards Ayame. "Don't fret it," the old lady said and flashed Anya a big smile before returning to her duties. "Please lead the way," Anya said towards Elessar.

Devon

Devon sat in a wagon as he finished eating the jerky. It wasn't much, but eating something other than berries and nuts was a welcomed respite. The soup from earlier had been great, but a single serving wasn't giving much in fullness, especially when he gave Anya a tad more than half. He knew that she knew that he didn't share their servings 50/50. And he knew that she knew he did it deliberately. It wasn't that Devon needed less to eat, he actually had an appetite greater than Anya's, but he wanted to make sure she got what she needed.

Leaning back in the wagon he thought about what had happened these last hours. He and Anya had finally found a place to live in peace, he had seen the first elf that refused to hate him for his ancestors wrong doings, and Anya and he had been given a place to settle down and get married. A bright smile formed on his face. He could spend a year or two in prison if that meant that for the rest of his life he and Anya would live idyllically.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:03 am

Tarroc's mention of how he'd seen the hatcheries and the eggs inside them burn had revealed something to Aphra. The loss of his species clearly weighed down heavily upon him. It seemed obvious to Aphra when she ran the idea back through her head, but it was important none the less. When Tarroc continued by mentioning how unpleasant being the sole survivor of his species was, Aphra could only help but think of Dorian once again. If all of the Phoenixes had disappeared, then surely he would be feeling the same emotions as Tarroc. It would also explain why he was so obsessed with finding his amulet. If he truly was the last Phoenix and it was one of the last remnants of his people, he would logically go to any lengths to find it. Regardless of whether that was the truth or not, Aphra felt like it only reaffirmed her reason for finding him. Dorian had been gone from the civilized world for a long time and no doubt needed reacquainting with it, preferably before any more violence occurred. Having seen how unfamiliar with the world Tarroc was had given Aphra a new perspective on how alone the Phoenix must have felt.

"Well, I suppose that there is one thing. It's just information, don't worry. In your time, did you ever come across a race known as the Phoenixes?" Aphra asked, wanting to test her earlier theory about the two empires.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:18 am

Tarroc blinked, giving Aphra a surprised look when she asked her question. "The phoenixes? Yes.... I know of them. We warred a very very long time ago....." His eyes went distant for a moment, before he shook his head slightly, shaking his mind back into focus. "Either way, yes, I know of the phoenixes. They ceased to exist for the most part long before I was hatched however. Our King, Ancalagon, was alive for the beginning of their species. Why do you ask?"

Elessar led Anya through the halls for a few minutes, until they eventually came to a stop in front of a door. He gestured to the door, speaking softly, "This will be your room. It overlooks the gardens and the woods. I hope it's to your pleasure." He began walking away, before he paused and looked at her. "I don't believe you need help with anything else, do you?" He seemed curious, and slightly apologetic, realizing he had started walking away before he checked to make sure she was ok.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:23 am

Tarroc's reaction told Aphra instantly that he, or at least the dragons, knew about the Phoenixes. When he mentioned that the two races warred, it leant towards Aphra's ideas about the collapse of both empires being due to a war between the two. However, her also mentioned that the war between the two occurred a long time before Tarroc was born, which eliminated the possibility of both empires being destroyed at the same time. Upon further consideration, Aphra realised that she'd probably let her mind run wild when she thought of that. When Dorian asked why Aphra made the inquiry, she thought for a moment about how to proceed. She could make an attempt to hide her motives, although that hadn't worked out in her favour the last time she'd tried it. Deciding that honesty would be the best policy, Aphra began to speak.

"Well... we've had a recent visitor. A Phoenix, none the less. My mother's declared him an enemy of the Empire. However, I don't believe this to be the case. He needs to reintegrate back into the world he left behind and for that to happen, I need to find him." Aphra explained.
Sig.