(NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

kitkat871

Re: (NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:46 am

Aphra felt uneasy as she stood in the study, as if she was being watched. Although she'd let it slip in her moment of intimacy with Arturia, the Princess was gradually returning to her usual observant self. She knew that her instincts about a situation were rarely wrong, especially when inside a political venue like the Palace. Aphra's eyes began to wander about the room, eventually settling on the purple eyes looking back at her. It was clear that whoever was watching her had intended to make themselves visible, which meant they they wanted to talk to Aphra. Although she absolutely intended to talk to her mother about Arturia and Dorian, it seemed as though Aphra's visit to her in the study had to be brief. Aphra gave the elf a nod to say farewell, as well as a parting glance to her mother. It was the last gesture that Aphra paid particular detail to, sculpting it in the way that could only say we need to talk about something.

Aphra then left the room to address the watcher. The first impression that Aphra got from the man was similar to the one she'd had when she first met Dorian. He certainly had some magical quality about him. Making that link between the two also caused Aphra to wonder if they were linked in any other way. It was odd to find a single powerful magic user in the Palace in a day, yet alone two. However, that rule excluded those working for the crown.

"Hello. I'm Aphra, Princess of the Empire." She said, giving a courtesy to the stranger.

"If you're here to see the Empress, I'm afraid she's rather busy right now. I'd be happy to listen to anything you need to say." Aphra continued in an appropriate formal manner.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Tarroc smiled, revealing his teeth, which were a bit longer and more sharp than the teeth of a normal man. It was hard to say what a "normal" man looked like in this world however, as there were so many various species besides typical humans. "Hello there hatchling."

He then paused, thinking for a moment, before shaking his head, "I suppose it's rude to call you a hatchling in these times. Very well. Hello, princess Aphra. I didn't intend on speaking with your mother. I already spoke with her today, and she seems tired and busy. I shall not distract her from her work, and delay her to her bed."

Tarroc chuckled, examining Micah as he spoke, "Your mother was very interesting to me when we spoke earlier, and I thought that if the mother was of great interest, then it would be of similar enjoyment to get to know the daughter." He thought for a few seconds before speaking, "It's risky to stand out in the hall and speak, just outside of your mother's study. It would be distracting for her, and as I've said, I do not wish to delay her. Shall we speak somewhere else, where we can avoid being a hindrance to your mother?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 pm

"I'd much rather just have some water," Anya said softly. Her mind was still in turmoil, although it was far less now than before. Two weeks. That was how long she had to live without Devon. She hated being away from him for more than a few hours, how could she take a two week? As she looked down on the plate a sudden fullness filled her. Half the plate was done, she was used to sharing with Devon, and even if she knew he lied they split the dishes 50/50. But her stomach still growled, she knew it was habits that forced her actions. But how could she not let them, after all she had had those same habits for more than a human lifetime. Even if she was still hungry, mentally she didn't want to eat much more. She did however finish her plate in a slow less enthusiastic way than before.

Devon
Devon was in a similar situation, although he was more waiting than anything else. The guards were told to take both Jason and himself to the elven court. But the guards had bread and jerky never the less, "Can I have some?" he asked, pointing towards an unoccupied bag, "That old thing?" one of the guards asked, "Knock yourself out kid, it's been there a few days now." He left the bread alone, he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he wasn't dumb. The bread had spots of mold on it, and it wasn't more than he knew he could eat the meat, but the bread was a no-go. Using his magic to heat the jerky he ate it slowly. Jerky was always so boring to eat. That's why he heated it, it was almost more interesting heated.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:01 pm

When the man called her hatchling, Aphra's beliefs about him and Dorian being similar were partially confirmed. Only two types of people would refer to someone in such a manner: either madmen or people from races far older than any others in the Empire. The man's magical presence certainly suggested the latter, in addition to his reference to time. He also gave off what could Aphra could only describe as an 'air of peculiarity' about him. The Princess got the impression that he was somewhat new to the kingdom, if not the world in general. Perhaps she was drawing far too much from her prior meeting with Dorian when judging the stranger. The thought of Dorian reminded Aphra of her own goal. She needed to find him.

"I think that'd be best. Recent times have been... hard on the Empress." Aphra said, looking slightly solemn at the thought.

"If you'd follow me, I think I know a good place to continue this discussion." She added, beckoning for the stranger to follow.

The Princess then lead him to the library, setting aside a table and two chairs for her guest and herself. Whilst this was done at his earlier request, it was also done to stop him watching her mother. In combination with the way he described the Empress, it made Aphra feel slightly uncomfortable and awkward. Aphra then pulled a chair back, waiting for the man to sit in it. Once he was seated the Princess took up her own position opposite. Aphra then thought back to what he'd said about her mother. Of all of the times she'd heard adults describing her mother, the words 'great interest' and 'enjoyment' rarely came up, at least outside of state visits by other rulers. It certainly sparked the Princess' curiosity.

"I'll gladly answer any questions you have. I'd only ask that you'd tell me your name first." She began.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:22 pm

Tarroc smiled at Aphra once he sat down across from her. "Thank you, Aphra." He glanced around, sniffing the air slightly, taking in the scents of the books and the individuals in the library.

He then glanced at Aphra and he smiled wider when she asked his name. He was far more humble than the ancient dragons used to be, but he was still a dragon, and he still was very proud. He liked talking about himself. He couldn't help it. "My name is Tarroc Burnscale. Although I've heard some in the Eastern lands have some.... Different, less kind names for me."

In the East, where the volcano had erupted, he was known as the Calamity, and as Deathwing. He wasn't a fan of those titles, as he didn't believe they accurately represented him, as he had no idea he would cause any sort of damage when he awoke.

Tarroc shook himself out of it, and he glanced back at Micah, smiling apologetically. "I'm sorry, I lost myself in thought for a few moments there." He then thought for a few seconds, trying to get his thoughts back together, before he again spoke up, "I suppose I'll start by asking the most broad question I can. I am very new to this land. I only arrived here late yesterday evening. What can you tell me about this empire, and the capital?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Aphra took note of when the man sniffed the air. Whatever race he belonged to had an acute sense of smell, which suggested that like Arions they had some other form that they could transform into. His smile was also interesting to the Princess. It was certainly warm, but it seemed to pack in more heat than most, with the obvious exception of Arturia. The thought of her new lover caused Aphra to blush slightly, part of her wishing that she hadn't said goodbye quite so early. When Tarroc revealed his name, Aphra let out a small gasp as she realised what he was. The Princess had read stories about dragons growing up, but had dismissed them to be nothing more than mere legends to keep the minds of children entertained.

"You're a dragon? I never imagined I'd meet one of you in person. I'm humbled by your presence. Rest assured you won't find any sort of persecution here." Aphra commented, trying to put Tarroc at ease.

His question certainly put things into perspective. It revealed to Aphra that he had indeed been gone for a very long time, perhaps before the Empire had even been founded. The second part was only speculation, but Aphra believed that it would explain both his lack of knowledge and the lack of dragons in the world. She also considered the possibility that whatever had awakened the dragon could have also lead Dorian to revealing himself to the Empire.

"Well, the Empire is the combination of several kingdoms under a united ruler. The current Empress is Mirah Silvah and I'm her daughter and heir. The Capital is the central part of the Empire. The heart, if you will. It's also the most diverse part of the Empire, so I'm sure you'll fit right in. If you need anything here, you can probably find it, regarding you know where to look. If you need a place to stay, you could find an inn, provided you have the gold. If it's work you're looking for, it depends upon your skills." Aphra explained.
Last edited by kitkat871 on Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Tarroc nodded slightly, a sad expression settling on his face. "Indeed I am a dragon. I am the last of the Great Dragons. The vast majority of us died in the Great War, and as far as I am aware, the rest of us killed each other. I haven't met another of my kind for more than ten thousand years, and it hasn't been for lack of trying."

Tarroc nodded slightly, murmuring the name of the Empress under his breath, "Miriah Silvah...." He then glanced up at Aphra, and he sniffed the air again, before he looked at her more closely. "You smell of fire liquid, Aphra. Of fire liquid, of pheremones, and.... Oh I see. You smell of another female. Your mate?" Tarroc's voice dropped, so only Aphra could possibly hear the words he said after he smelled the air to figure out her scent. He then chuckled, before he continued speaking, "I shall not pry in regards to your mate. The matter of one's mate is not the business of those who do not know them."

'Speaking of mates......' he thought to himself, "Your mother is the Empress, correct? Tell me of her. Tell me of her strength, and of your father. I have heard he has gone to join the Far Beyond. What had he been like?'

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Aphra listened to what Tarroc said, noticing the look one his face. His mention of a Great War in the past raised an eyebrow. Aphra hadn't read anything about it causing her to realise that whatever he was referring to must have happened before the Empire was founded. The Princess couldn't help but wonder if the War could also explain the disappearance of the Phoenixes. Dorian had mentioned them vanishing earlier and with little to no records of a Phoenix Empire ever existing it made sense to reach that conclusion in Aphra's mind. If two great empires went to war then the mutual destruction of the two was a possibility that couldn't be ignored.

When he sniffed the air again, Aphra became slightly alert. Was Tarroc trying to find something? It was clearly meant to serve some purpose and the fact that Aphra didn't know what that purpose was bothered her. However, once the alcohol and Arturia were mentioned Aphra quickly turned red with embarrassment. She then quickly used her hand to test her breath and found that there were indeed slight traces of alcohol. In hindsight, it was probably best that Aphra hadn't spoken to her mother. She'd need something to clean her breath beforehand. When her father and his passing was mentioned, Aphra felt a pain in her chest and her eyes welled slightly. The memories were still painful for the Princess and she knew that her mother hadn't been the same since.

"My mother's a brilliant woman. She rules with a fair hand, although I wouldn't recommend underestimating her. I heard she used to be quite fierce back in her day. My mother also has a soft spot for children. She reads to them every day at noon. I hope I can only match her if I take the throne. As for my father, I'm afraid I can't say anything. It's a... difficult subject at best and isn't discussed lightly." Aphra said in a solemn tone.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 pm

Tarroc nodded slightly, understanding her position. "Of course. I understand. Speaking of the death of a loved one is painful, and difficult. I apologize for asking you such a personal question." Tarroc then paused and he sighed, tapping his fingers on the table, and generally just looking uncomfortable. It was odd to see someone like Tarroc look like this, as it clearly was not a look that was natural on him, but it was present and quite obvious none the less.

"I apologize for asking this question, especially after what you just said to me.... but I am a creature from a time long past, and I still hold the beliefs of my people. As you have correctly stated, I am a dragon. Your mother knew this as well. I spoke with her earlier in the day, soon after I arrived in this city. Your mother appeared to know a fair bit, and claimed to have further knowledge. Whether or not this is true, I can not be certain, but it seems she killed some of the lesser dragons who managed to escape the war, and come to this land. My people held strength in very high regard, short of only honor and pride. From what she said of your own people, since the time I last interacted with your kind, you have become much more.... advanced."

He seemed hesitant and uncertain as he spoke, as if he was trying not to offend, or anger. "Your mother stared me in the eyes, which in my culture was a challenge, especially when a female does so with a male. Doing such a thing is the equivalent of a female dragon challenging the male dragon to prove himself and prove himself and his strength to her, and defeat her in a duel, before taking her as his mate. Your mother claimed to be aware of what staring a dragon in the eyes meant, and she said your kind had a similar mating method, where the strongest male could take a female as a mate if he proved his strength. Your mother interests me, but I am uncertain as to how to advance. She already had a mate, one who won her affection without the need of proving his strength. I.... am uncertain as to how else to express one's interest in a person."

He sighed, leaning back in his chair, scowling slightly as his cheeks reddened. "I do not like this form. It shows too much, and is soft and vulnerable." He muttered under his breath, seemingly embarrassed about asking Aphra how one flirted and expressed romantic interest in this time. It was FAR more awkward and embarrassing for Tarroc to ask Aphra as opposed to asking someone else, considering the fact that Aphra was the DAUGHTER of the woman he apparently had taken an interest in.

Khol

Post by Khol » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:15 am

Arturia woke up after some time, sitting up in the bed "Ngh... Hungry." Yawning softly, she got to her feet and made her way to the kitchen. She looked through everything she has to eat, but really didn't feel like making anything "Maybe I'll just go out then." Arturia quickly washed up and got dressed, leaving her armor behind but still took her sword and shield "Wonder what Aphra is doing..." She couldn't help but blush and let a smile spread across her face "Hope she comes back soon." Looking around, Arturia hummed to herself softly before finding a pub to eat at. She walked inside and took a seat at an empty table "Don't think I've been here before. I wonder if the ale is any good.." Granted it wasn't the appropriate time for Arturia to be drinking, but she didn't care in the slightest Maybe I have a drinking problem.... Chewing on her lip nervously, she thought how that would affect her and Aphra's relationship I really need to control myself if I want everything between us to be okay.

Arturia placed her order and scanned the room as she waited, her curiosity trying to find something it hasn't seen before.
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights