(NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Arion Queen
Bronze

Re: (NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Post by Arion Queen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:03 am

The Empress leapt into the air to meet him at his throat with a bone chilling roar. The ground would shake if they collided. Her frame would push into his her ice cold scale taking the heat of his fire like a flame on a glacier. It would melt but it was a slow process. Her jaws parted as her aimed to get a grip on his neck, her claws dug in hooking under his scales.

If she were to grab a hold of the dragon she would flap her wings once to propel herself upwards allowing her claws to pull off his scales leaving only vulnerable spots. For later if she got another chance. If this grip was unsuccessful, she duck down and move to the side if possible.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:15 am

Tarroc was no pup. He was not new to combat by most any standards. It would not be so easy for the Empress to get an advantage over him, nor would it be quite easy for him to get a big advantage over her. This was more of a feeling out period, as both tried to get a feel for the other's capabilities, before they fully throwing themselves into the whirlwind of the fight. At least, that was the case for Tarroc. He couldn't speak for the Empress.

Tarroc snapped his mouth shut as he grew closer to the Empress, and he was not surprised by her attempting to go after his neck. The scales of his neck were incredibly hard, and were linked together in a way that made it exceedingly difficult to try to get a grip under any of them.

As she tried to lunge and bite at his neck, he attempted to use his larger, more heavy head as a club of sorts, swinging it at her head, using the spikes to his advantage. He was not keen on letting her get in too close to him, as that would give her an advantage, due to her smaller frame being more nimble. He wanted to keep her at "arm's reach" as the humans would call it.

Fire again spewed from his maw, but toxic fumes, similar to those found in volcanos, also was released. He noticed from his initial fire breath that she was exceedingly cold, so he was willing to sacrifice the length of time he would be able to breath for far more hot fire. Instead of the longer, more drawn out breaths of fire, he was using more brief, far more intense bursts.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Khol

Post by Khol » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:18 am

Arturia peeked from behind the tree, looking at the two beasts stare each other down before focusing back on Aphra as she noticed the fear on her face. Smiling softly, she placed a hand on her cheek and her forehead against hers "I'll be alright love, as long as I'm here with you. So, please don't worry. You'll get wrinkles like that." Before she could say anything further, everything around her seemed to shift and turned grey, then a blinding blue light caused her to advert her eyes.

After everything has cleared, Arturia took in her surroundings and couldn't find the forest they were on before "What...?" She felt her movements restricted as light bent around the three and Arturia struggled against it "Let us go!" Things were happening so fast, it was hard for her to keep up with everything and before she knew it, Aphra was encircled to change into her clothes and Arturia was released, being told to explain the situation "What? Who are you? What's going on here, and where are we?!" She clenched her fists and glared at the elvish woman.
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:42 am

Changing whilst being surrounded by light had been difficult for Aphra. She could barely see, only being able to keep her eyes open in a squint for a few seconds. Her mind raced with questions about where she and Arturia were and who the mysterious elf was. Aphra had managed to catch her mentioning some sort of investigation when she'd sent Tarroc away. Whoever she was, the elf seemed to be focused on investigating activity from other planes of reality. Whilst she was aware of their existence, Aphra knew little to nothing about them. The study of other planes was something that mages focused on, not politicians and diplomats. On the instant that Aphra had put on her father's coat, the light around her faded and she found herself being moved to the table.

"I'm the one asking the questions here. What were you doing?" The elf replied coolly to Arturia.

Knowing that they wouldn't get anywhere unless the elf got the answers she wanted, Aphra began to speak.

"We were chasing after a Phoenix. He seemed to be using some kind of dark magic, and our Empire recently declared war on him." She explained.

"Interesting. You are?" The elf asked, gesturing to Aphra.

Before she could speak, the Princess heard a banging in the distance.

"Aphra! Don't trust her! She has me trapped here. Please, don't listen to her!" A voice cried out, which caused Aphra to gasp.

It was her father's. Aphra could recognise the voice anywhere, with each hint from the cry being just as she remembered him speaking during her younger years. Her father was alive! The Princess then stood up from the table, launching herself at the elf in a cry of anger.

To Arturia, the voice would be that of her mother, replacing the name as appropriate.

"You have him trapped here?! I'll rip you to-" Aphra began, before a wave of light restrained her.

"No, I don't. Whatever you heard, it isn't true. Don't trust the voices. They're not your friends, or family, or whoever they claim to be. Just focus on answering my questions and I'll have to you both home safely." The elf commented in a harsh tone.

"Fine." Aphra reluctantly agreed. "My name is Aphra. I'm the Princess of and heir to the Arion Empire."

"Hello, Aphra. You may call me the Horizon Walker. What you've said does explain a few things, at least regarding you and the dragon. However, one detail still eludes me and it may be the most essential one to this little tale." Alma said, before turning to fully face Arturia.

"Your position in all of this. You travel with a dragon and an arion of royal descent in pursuit of a phoenix. You don't seem to have anything special about you. Doesn't this whole scenario seem a little out of your league? How exactly do you fit into the picture?" She added, gesturing for Arturia to reply.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:06 pm

"You're the new Handmaiden of the empress right miss?" Mav asked. He'd been reluctant to ask because it was a weird question, and one that could get him in trouble for reasons of his own, Anya nodded slowly. "Something like that," she mumbled. "Cam," Mav yelled, "which maid was going to give clothes to some new handmaiden?!" "I think that was Kathrine," Cam yelled back, "You remember what room she said it was?" "Somewhere third floor. Towards the garden side of the castle," Camille responded. "That old room?" one of the other servants asked. "I know where that is," he responded afterwards. "Then get off your butt and help the poor lady, Sam" Camille yelled back.

"Lord Aenar," this Sam, a young elf, clearly not from the highest of social rankings, said as he neared both Aenar and Anya. He noticed Anya's skin and features, and flinched for a second. Most elves knew what a dark elf was, but seeing one was rare. "This once," Sam said through gritted teeth. "Just this once," he clearly wasn't much for dark elves. But had better self control than the guards from before. "Come," he said and without another word he began moving. Anya quickly thanked the kitchen staff for the food, and Aenar for showing her the way down there before she followed Sam.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Aenar watched them leave silently, his helmeted gaze present upon their backs until they turned the corner and were no longer visible. Once that was the gaze, he turned his gaze to the servants, and he stared silently at then, until one of them finally realized that he wanted food.

Aenar had a peculiar diet, consisting mostly of meats and alcohol, along with things like potatoes on certain occasions. If one was aware of the details of what nutrients foods contained and the body needed, it wasn't surprising that something Aenar's size needed a massive amount of protein, iron, and starch/calories to continue operating at "peak efficiency." Aenar rarely came to the kitchens though, leading many to believe he either hunted on his own, rarely needed food, or just refused to leave to get food unless he absolutely needed it. He of course wasn't a big talked, so it was pretty much impossible to ask him and get the answer directly.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:57 am

Fluffking wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 am
Devon's fireball hit the ground. Nothing happened. At all, he had expected something to happen. It hardly looked as if the fireball even touched the fog. This confused Devon. How did a fireball of all thing, not touch a gas like fog? Making a small barrier in an isolated spot his confusion was only magnified. The fog wasn't trapped, it went through it like nothing was there. Devon knew he didn't have the strongest of barriers, but he also knew that they were stronger than that. Something was wrong.

"Is this real?" he thought to himself. Something was off. He knew that mages far beyond his level existed, but someone strong enough to force isolated fog to pay no mind to barriers? It just felt... wrong somehow. Like it wasn't truly real. A daring thought struck his mind. A thought he'd normally wouldn't heed to. But this could very well be the last chance he had to save himself and see Anya again. He extended his hand, anxious, and touched the fog.

Images flooded his mind. A dark cell, Anya's corpse laying flailed, burnt, on the ground. His own hands red with blood, tears streaming down her face, his biggest fear. An image that could have broken his mind, had he not known that it would never happen. His mind was weak, he knew that, but it was stronger than to be broken by a spell. Collecting his thoughts he forced the picture away. He opened his eyes, which he had barely registered he had closed, and saw... nothing. There was no fog. There were nothing there. The spell had been broken on him. "It's not real," he said silently. "It's not real!" he said louder this time. Loud enough that the guards should be able to hear it.
As Devon shouted, a laughter echoed through the clearing. The spears and blood vanished, but the guards remained dead, all with looks of horror and despair on their faces. A man walked through the bushes, his skin pale. his eyes an eerie blue colour, glowing with malicious delight. He grinned, and it was revealed that his teeth were sharp, and serrated. He spoke, and his voice was like icy cold water running over your naked skin, causing chills and goosebumps, and your hair to stand up. "Well well well..... so the little rat in a cage was smart enough to not kill himself. No matter.... it'll just let me have more fun later, breaking you on my own."

He held out his hand, and dark fire formed in his palm. This fire was clearly real, as the magical energy it radiated was unmistakable. He then thrust out his hand, towards Devon, and it was launched forwards, streaking towards the Dark Elf so fast it was barely even a streak, exploding with the force of a grenade when it hit something solid, sending fire everywhere, rippling along the ground, consuming all it touched, like a starving man digging into a meal.

Khol

Post by Khol » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 am

Listening to what the elf had said, Arturia looked down and began to think. What she heard only reminded Arturia of what she always wondered herself. How does she fit into all this? A mere human, on a quest to find a being as old as the world itself and her companions are just like it. What good can she do amongst Gods? But, everytime these thoughts creep into her head, doubt tries to crawl into her heart and make her turn away, Arturia does the simplest of things. She thinks back to how she got here and why she's been staying around. Arturia may be young compared to everyone else around her, but her life experiences have made a moral code she cannot go against and because if she were to turn and run, she'd lose the most precious thing to her. Arturia couldn't risk losing Aphra to anything, let alone if it was something she could have helped with.

Arturia brought her gaze back up and stared directly into the eyes of the Horizon Walker "I've said this only twice before, the first was to the hot head out there and now I'll tell you. If there is a chance, even a slim one, it's worth living and fighting for, and if the need arises, even dying for. I may not fit into the picture, and there's nothing special about me. I'm just the daughter of a simple baker and seamstress."
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:45 am

Devon was dumbfounded be the laughter. Behind him he heard, and felt. magic disbanding, but he was more interested in the man that stepped out of the nearby bushes. The pale skin was what he noticed at first. The color was wrong, like a body deprived of heat. Then his eyes, an icy white, eerie, color. Then he spoke, his teeth sharp and serrated, "Well well well..... so the little rat in a cage was smart enough to not kill himself. No matter.... it'll just let me have more fun later, breaking you on my own."

For a second Devon was about to reply, before he saw a black flame in the man's hand. Quickly and instinctively Devon put up a magic barrier, and the moment after, felt a press on this barrier. Around him the ground was set aflame, and the grass burnt. A strong flame indeed, but not stronger than what Devon had experimented on before. And he was better suited to fight now than before. Having Anya in a secure location meant that he could devote all his focus on the fight. A dark smile spread across his lips. "An outlet of my anger and frustration? I'll take it," he thought. In his right hand a flame formed, burning in a bright yellowy orange. The flame grew for half a second, until it was about the size of Devon's hand. And then he threw it. It wasn't quite as fast as what the man had sent his way. But on impact, one should expect more than a small explosion. Devon's magic may be untrained, but what it lacks in finesse it more than makes up for in strength.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:42 am

A smile formed in the corner of Alma's mouth as she heard the human speak. For a moment, her mind thought back to the rangers she'd once called her friends and comrades. They would have all said similar things about the Pact. Had she still been their captain and had the Pact still existed, Alma would have offered the human a place amongst their ranks. Late entrants were few and far between, but Alma had known of a couple in the order's history. Snapping back to reality, Alma realised that she'd still been restraining Aphra. After releasing the Princess, the elf remained quiet for a few brief moments. She thought over what she'd need to do with the two people in front of her.

"My most sincere apologies for how I've treated you. I may need your help in solving the problems facing your plane, if you'd be willing to accept me. I also promised you the chance to return to your plane. Simply name a place." She said, bowing her head to both Aphra and the human.

Aphra also listened to what Arturia had said and found her own interesting elements in it. She'd never inquired about Arturia's parents, though her father's career did explain the sweet bread in her lover's home. It also made her think about her mother. That was a bridge that Aphra and Arturia would need to cross. However, for the meantime the hunt for Dorian awaited them. The thought of finally leaving caused Aphra's heart to race with excitement, with Arturia's words only adding to her joy. Aphra glanced over at Arturia and gave her a nod and a warm smile, knowing that anything else would probably be inappropriate considering the circumstances.

"Send us back to the woods." Aphra commanded.

Alma let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I know you think that chasing after him is probably a good idea, but believe me when I say that it isn't. I don't believe that the Phoenix is the only major threat to the world right now, so in trying to stop him you may be opening up an opportunity for another power to seize control. Try to rally your people rather than split from them." She replied.

Aphra considered what the Horizon Walker had said before speaking again.

"I... I suppose you're right. I can't think of where to go though. We could try the Palace, but I think everyone will be startled if I suddenly reappear. It might work, regarding I could explain things off." Aphra explained, looking slightly confused.

"I don't suppose you have any ideas Arturia?" She asked her lover.