Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 am

Airic sat her down on the couch, taking his seat next to her. He turned to face her, reaching up to brush some of her hair back from her face. "My dear, you work too hard..." he said gently "You've got me worried." She always seemed tired, it simply could not be healthy for her to be living this way and yet here she was. Stubborn to the core and determined to do her job and do it well. He loved her for it. He sighed softly and nodded when she explained her next plan of action. It wouldn't be a bad idea to send a team out to check it out. He furrowed his brows and reached up, cupping her face in his hands. "No, no. Don't say that. You're the best dang leader this city has ever seen. Gosh knows where it would be without you," he gently chided her. She did a good job, he wished she would see that. Vampires had a funny way of causing chaos, they needed a strong leader to keep them all united and civilized. He smiled warmly as if to reassure her, even though he knew she would continue to beat herself up over every negative thing that happened in the city.

Crypt smiled softly, feeling a little nostalgic as he held the ring. He knew it held some importance to Dakota though, especially since she's kept it through all these years. He felt as if she deserved it more, would it appreciate it more. "Ah, that she did. The most romantic notion..." he commented softly, glancing over at Pyra. The ring kept him grounded when he was at work, kept him from losing himself. It kept him from becoming the man he never wanted his wife or daughter to see, the monster that everyone knew he was. Pyra was just too stubborn to believe that was all he was and clearly she proved there was some heart in him. He laughed and leaned over, placing a brief kiss against the side of Pyra's head "Oh you'll pay for that one later," he teased.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:34 pm

The leader didn't think she worked hard enough for her city. She would fix one thing just for many others to go wrong. It never ended. Only one thing she could be proud of and that was that Airic had never been harmed because of her work. Not like they know I'm married with how I avoid him though. Lucy knew it was true. Only the city knew because they had come here together, not even the human leader knew. To be fair the woman had no right to know of her personal life, the two only met and discussed business. Nothing more. "I'll be alright, I always am..." A lie if she's ever told one. She wasn't alright, but she didn't want to add to his worry. When he held her face she looked at him, her gaze blank for the most part so he couldn't read her like a wide open book. Unfortunately things like hunger weren't aseasy to hide, a vampire couldn't control the color change. "I don't know, Airic." Unlike normal no argument left her lips as she spoke, not even a tiny quip. Lucy was known to be a very argumentative person so this wasn't like her, but she was just too burnt out to even try.

Kota slipped the ring back onto her finger, staring at it as if it may disappear at any moment. Anniversaries and birthdays, at least hers, had always been a big thing in their home. She couldn't remember a single one that had gone uncelebrated until things started to go downhill. Her birthday was a thing that was forgotten to her, she couldn't even remember what day she had been born anymore. Did they still celebrate thei anniversary? So many curiosities, but she could only sit and watch them as they had their playful little banter. Her father teasing her mother and Pyra raising her brow as she replied. "You said the same thing about my last comment, you can't make me pay for both." Dakota felt like a spectator but she wasn't upset about it, she felt...nostalgic. Though she hadn't been witness to this silly behavior in a long time, it was still something that was normal. "You're happy..."she seemingly mumbled to herself, but her voice was loud enough to be heard.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:03 am

The messy artist held her face delicately as if it were made of porcelain, running his thumb along her cheek bone. It was clear by his expression he not only didn't believe her, but was wretchedly concerned for her. Her health was important, not just to him, but to the whole city. He only wished it was as important to her as it was to every one. He wasn't sure whether the obvious hunger, the blank expression, or the lack of argument, was the last straw. He sighed and stood up, taking both of her hands in his "Alright, enough for one night. You need a break from work, you need to eat, and you need sleep. Any more of this and you'll drive us both mad." He chided, in a tone that made it evident he would continue to persist she took a break. She needed one. She's been working so hard, especially lately with the rising Hunter threats. "Please...for me?" He gazed at her pleadingly, unable to bear watching her crumble away due to work.

Crypt gaped at Pyra in mock surprise "Challenge accepted, how dare you doubt me," he exclaimed. He scowled at her playfully but soon his attention shifted back to Dakota. He gazed at her gently and took a deep breath, uncertain of how to respond. Certainly he was happy with Pyra, he wouldn't deny that he's been happy for a long time. Despite what many thought, he was a generally happy person, though the things that made him happy have changed over the years. First it was his brother, then power, then Pyra, and then Dakota. However, despite that, ever since they lost Dakota there had been a lingering sadness hanging over him. It was simply he was both happy and sad at the same time. Yet her comment saddened him a little bit. Has she found happiness during all this time? Something to ease any darkness hanging over her. He glanced at Pyra for a moment as if to express this sudden concern.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:28 am

Lucy sighed, sometimes he could be far too observant when it came to her. Whether it was because he had been a Rebel or they had been married for so long she wasnt sure. A mix of the two perhaps? Whatever it was he didn't seem to miss much when it came to her, it didn't help she was too tired to put in the proper effort to hide it. There were after all times she had successfully hidden how she felt from him. Human Lucy had been a stubborn girl who for most of her life never had anyone to open up to and Leadership made her search for that wall again. To protect herself, and him. Unless she was as exhausted as she was now it was hard to put down sometimes. Something she knew she needed to work on. "I don't know if sleep will come easily..."she muttered. With as much as she had on her mind sleep seemed impossible, but she knew he wasn't going to let this go. He would likely pick her up and carry her out of here if needed, her guards would be both amused and concerned since it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. Besides, he made it hard to say no with that expression on his face. As if he were the most worried man in the city. She couldn't say no when he gave her that look, it wasn't fair. "Maybe I could...do wiith laying down for a...few hours."

Pyra felt the air deflate as she looked at Crypt. This reunion wasn't going how they expected but she had also expected some hurt to come from it. Their separation had an impact on all of them but she felt it had been the worst on Dakota. She couldn't deny they had been happy, but without her they suffered. Did she think they had been entirely happy...? This was concerning, and it broke her heart to even consider that she hadn't found even a tiny bit of happiness. It hurt more to think that she may believe they had been happy without her. That couldn't be any further from the truth, but how did they begin to protest? On a good day Dakota was as stubborn as her father, worse on a bad day. Maybe they should've waited to visit, she knew how injuries could make emotions worse, but waiting would've made them feel more guilty. "It's okay." Kota whispered, breaking Pyra away from her thoughts as her gaze moved towards her. She looked defeated though she tried to hide it behind a smile, but of course being her mother she could see through it. "We lived, but we could never be completely happy without you Dakota..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Airic seemed to light up, mostly happy he wasn't going to have to carry her out again, as he fully intended to if she declined. He also enjoyed the idea of simply having her home, she brought a little light with her everywhere she went. Even if no one else saw it, he did. He gave her hands a small tug "That's the spirit! We'll get you home so you can eat and rest," he exclaimed. He leaned down, close to her ear, and murmured "And I've been working on a new art piece that I think you'll love!" He pulled back again with a smile of amusement. Their home was filled with art pieces, a few hanging up, but the majority of them rested against the walls of his studio. Art was his escape, his passion, something to keep his mind occupied. It was best that he didn't allow himself the chance to think of his Twin, or of the Fallen City, or his past, or of her working. It was best that he remain blissfully at work. He never was one to stand around and do nothing, always on the move, always working. They both worked a lot, hers was far more important work of course, but they both worked hard.

Crypt nodded in agreement "It broke our heart every day we went without you..." he said gently. It was the best way he could express it. They were happy but also very broken inside. Overtime they had simply learned how to cope with the loss, but never truly stopped searching. Crypt paused seeing movement in the corner of his eye, he glanced over to see the Hybrid lingering nearby.

Mathias stood off to the side awkwardly, rubbing his arm and clearly avoiding Crypt's gaze. He looked like he had something to say but was waiting for the opportunity to speak. He was actually sweating because he was certain Crypt was about to snap his neck for even being there at the moment. Sure, the two of them might be on more even ground now and both had learned to forgive but never forget, but the nerves were still there. Mathias believed he was still that vile Hybrid in Crypt's eyes and sometimes even in his own. It wasn't a secret to anyone that he never accepted his vampiric side, merely learned to live with it. Being Kota helped that, she helped him accept himself.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:45 am

Lucy shook her head, sensing the excitement before he said a word. With how he spoke one would think she promised to stay home for a month but both knew that couldn't be done. There were too many responsibilities, but she also knew he enjoyed any amount of time spent with her. Whether it was a few hours or a day he made it feel like forever because he spoiled her too much. Well and he took care of her. It was a wonder how she was alive some days with how terrible she was at taking care of herself, but she managed. Kind of. She could only smile tiredly at him, standing as he leaned down to whisper in her ear as if he were sharing the best secret in the world in that single moment. "You know the guards don't eavesdrop when you're here, you don't have to whisper." This wouldn't be the first time she's pointed that out, but just like every time her tone was light. He was adorable when he got excited like this and that was a rare sight for her these days. Again that was her own fault. "I'm sure I will, you know I love your work." He was a good artist and has only improved over the years, there wasn't a piece of his she has yet to dislike. It wasn't even possible.

Kota simply nodded as she lay her head on her knees again, the brief upset seemingly passing for now and the tiredness settling in again. She was reluctant to admit it, it felt like her parents had only just arrived and she spent most of the visit so far feeling tired or upset. Why couldn't she just be happy? They did come all this way to see her, but she already knew why. Pyra tilted her head as she continued to just watch her, it wasn't pleasant to see her like this but what could they do but give her the patience she needed right now? There was a disturbance in the air right the as her gaze moved to Crypt who was looking across the room, drawing her attention from Dakota. Mathias had come bac at some point and she could smell the nervous sweat from where she sat. "What is it?" She asked him in an impassive tone, feeling neither happy or annoyed by his interruption. Sometimes it was good being the indifferent one.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:53 pm

Airic gently pulled her along towards the door, clearly not about to give her a chance to decide against going home. He beamed in amusement and shrugged "It's more fun if I whisper. Like I'm sneaking you out," he replied. Sometimes it certainly felt that way, like he was sneaking her out the window at midnight. He headed for the door and shrugged again "Doesn't mean you'll love this one. What if you don't?" he pointed out with a small smile. "Although...I know you will," he chuckled. He headed out into the hallway and looked around "I swear I never see your guards, do they actually work?" he said with a small pout. He often complain about the quality of her guards. He supposed it came from being a Rebel where they took being guards quite seriously. Not to say the guards here didn't, but he was genuinely worried about her safety.

Crypt simply looked away from Mathias, feeling a scowl start to creep into his features. He brushed this aside and instead took on a more neutral expression. He didn't want to upset Kota and he could already tell the Hybrid was a nervous wreck. So...different from the cocky, troublemaker, I knew before. he thought.

Mathias smiled sheepishly and cleared his throat "I...don't mean to interrupt and I don't know what your plans are for today..." he trailed off before nodding towards the windows as if to show proof. "It's almost dawn, our neighbors will begin to stir soon," he said politely. He held up his hands defensively "Again, I'm not saying you have to leave, or you have to stay, or anything. I just, I wanted to be sure you knew. In case you were leaving..." and he continued to ramble for a good solid minute before trailing off and looking away. "Sorry," he mumbled.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Lucy allowed herself to be pulled along by him, releasing a tired breath. She shook her head, giving him a look as if she was holding back a laugh. "I'm sure they know." They weren't blind, and though she's said many times she didn't need one she had a bodyguard. He used to walk with her until she got upset and demanded he could at least make himself scarce Needless to say a personal guard made her unhappy, but for Airic's sake she kept him. "I think you're just being silly." She replied. His artwork was nothing to smirk at. Some may say she was bias because he was her husband, but her opinion was strong. Her eyebrow raised upon his next comment, her lips pursing just a little. "We've talked about this before. The guards do fine. They know everything that happens before I do." The Rebels had done things differently and he was still one at heart, but this was her city. "I don't need an army that will just put fear into the people..." It was no secret that Lucy hated Crypt and wasn't at all afraid to show her distaste for the man, he had put her through a lot in the old city. Things she could never forgive.

Pyra looked at one of the windows, she hadn't realized what time it was. How long have they been here? With the curtain closed it was hard to tell, but now that he drew her attention to it she could tell that it was really late. They would have to leave soon if they wanted to get back to the hotel before the sun rose. Everyone would be moving about soon, they could not afford to be seen and she didn't wish to impose a longer stay. Dakota was their child so they could if they wanted but looking at her, Kota was starting to doze off again, she was exhausted and needed rest. They could visit again and they wouldn't be far, they weren't going to lose her again. After a moment she nodded and looked at her husband, squeezing his hand as if to say Mathias was right. With each passing minute their window was closing, a harsh reminder to what their life was now. Yet no matter what Crypt believed...she had hope that even he could freely wander some day.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Airic laughed "Oh come now, ruining all the fun," he teased and gave her a playful nudge. He led her out the doors and down the hall to the stairs, swinging theirs arms together a little as they walked. He pursed his lips a little as well, glancing at her with a small pout. "I know I know, what can I say, I worry," he offered a smile that was almost apologetic. He couldn't help it. He was a Rebel at heart, that was how he was raised as a newborn vampire. The methods the guards used here were effective but different, it was why he questioned them so often. He leaned over and pressed a quick kiss to the side of her head "I know, your guards are much better people..." he said gently. He knew her distaste for Crypt and understood it well. Airic had disliked Crypt's treatment of her but in the end, that man had been the one that saved Airic and his brother from themselves. Airic saw the good in Crypt, even though it was rare. He took a deep breath and sighed softly; Crypt had left a mark upon the vampire history that would not easily be forgotten, if ever. "Come along, dear..." he said with a gentle smile.

Crypt looked at his wife quietly, his lips pressed in a firm line. He gave her hand a small squeeze in return and slowly rose to his feet. He looked towards the window and grimaced, the only thing he regretted in life was getting his wife and daughter mixed up in his work. Society outcasted them like they were to blame for his wrong doings. It was entirely his fault. A thought crossed his mind suddenly and he glanced at Pyra, perhaps she wouldn't have to hide anymore. If they could convince society that Pyra had survived and simply gotten lost, then maybe she could freely visit their daughter. As long as society believed he was dead. He chased these thoughts away for now, that was something they would have to discuss but not now.

Mathias slipped back into the kitchen the moment Crypt stood up, not wanting to draw any more attention to himself. He busied himself with cleaning the already clean kitchen. Muttering to hismelf and shaking his head.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 am

Fun...Lucy wasn't sure she knew what that was anymore, it's been awhile since she last allowed herself to properly enjoy anything fun. She took her work very seriously, maybe a tiny bit too seriously, and there just wasn't much time for fun. He tried though, to keep things light when she did go home, but sometimes she felt like she couldn't enjoy it fully. It probably was that wall she put up, but she did try for him. She smiled faintly and looked away, studying their surroundings as they walked. If her past taught her anything it was to always stay aware because you didn't know what was lurking in the dark of night. Back then it had been Nightwalkers and now it was Hunters. Danger never ceased, there was always some kind of evil out there that wanted to hurt them. "They protect the city well, and I'm never alone as much as I hate it." Her gaze shifted behind them, though nothing was there she knew he was somewhere back there. If she was up moving about, so was he. Airic may not be aware with how much he focused on art, but she made sure he had a guard too. Just in case. "Can we still move about the house or have your canvases taken over yet?" They were everywhere, so it was an honest question.

Pyra stood after Crypt, releasing his hand before she walked over to Dakota and knelt down. She hated to wake her, but if she still knew their angel at all then if they left without even saying goodbye she would be upset the next time they saw her. A smile crossed her lips as Dakota opened her eyes to look at her, she hadn't fallen asleep quite yet but it was clear that she was having a hard time staying awake. "We have to leave for now, but we'll visit again soon..."her voice was soft as she spoke to their daughter but it wasn't hard to miss the look of disappointment in Dakota's eyes. She had spent the end of their visit both upset and dozing, though it wasn't her fault she felt guilty. Pyra only smiled and shook her head, as if she read her mind and was saying it was okay. "You need to rest, we can't let your father keep you up as he does me." That got a sleepy smile out of Kota who looked at her father, he was certainly being picked on a lot tonight.