Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:53 am

Elijah peered at her, his eyes narrowed playfully. "I mean it in the most sincerest form!" he protested, lingering where he was until she disappeared into the room. He trailed after her, heading into the familiar bedroom. It was a place of peace and comfort, a place where they could let the worries slide off their shoulders for a time being. Live as long as they have and one grew to understand that worrying over something every moment of one's life, was more than a little unhealthy. "Oh, facts huh?" Elijah continued with an amused smirk, his gaze shifted towards Claire and the night gown briefly. He headed towards the bed, feeling it call to his exhausted mind. "Mmm I cannot argue with that." he replied gently, allowing his mind to drift towards the past for a moment. He didn't linger there long, returning to the present moment and sitting on the edge of the bed. The past was a dangerous path to tread, something one had to learn not to hold onto. However, the past should also never be forgotten. Elijah slipped off his shoes and set them off to the side of the small night stand.

(I love Malcolm, I think you'd like him. ^^' No! I refuse to let his name defeat me! XD )

(I'll post for Mathias again soon. XD )

Crypt gazed at Pyra, taking a moment to soak in the fact that she was alright. To some it may seem silly how much he worried over her, certainly she knew how to handle herself, but he worried nonetheless. He couldn't bare it if anything were to happen to her. Pyra had been through everything with him, loved him despite everything. "Quite the adventure..." he agreed but smiled, it was a bit of a hassle of a journey to go see their daughter but he wouldn't change this opportunity for the world. They had waited so long to be reunited with Dakota, he wouldn't let anything stand in their way now. "We best be off then..." Crypt agreed offering Pyra his arm with a gentle smile. There was an eagerness in his gaze despite the caution that lingered there as well. He was always one that enjoyed the sense of danger, of course after he met Pyra and they had a family danger was a little less appealing, though no doubt the taste for it lingered.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 am

Claire knew he was being sincere for he would never hurt her. The day he did would surely be the true end of her. Of course she believed strongly in them, they were one of, if not the, oldest couple in this world. An endearing thought that warmed her heart, making her wonder if anyone else knew of such joy and content. There were other who had been together a long time and she was sure that the love they shared were just as strong, but...maybe she was just a little biased in her opinion. "Yes, facts. I mean...if you're truly wishing to be known as a true and Noble gentleman then you would've never given me children. You would've never even kissed me on the lips or shared the same bed as me." She pointed out, lowering her nightgown to peer at him as he entered the room. He looked exhausted and she couldn't blame them, a lot has happened as of late. It was all stressful, but she knew they could pull through all these trials just as they had pulled through every trial that has come before it. One day at a time. "I'll go change, and then we can rest." Claire said as she left for the bathroom down the hall. Despite having children she was still a tad embarrassed when it came to changing in front of him. It was perhaps a little silly, but that shy human girl she had once been was there still inside her. She didn't take long to change and was back before he could get too lonely, a thought that made her giggle.

[Oh? Where would I meet him though? c: That's it Dreams! Be tougher than the name!]

[Okay! XD]

Pyra nodded, gazing out over what she could see of the city which wasn't a lot. The tall buildings were obscuring her view, but she could see enough to know that no one was there. Watching them. She didn't sense anyone out there either though she was mostly keeping her senses open for one specific person...Damian. He had hurt their daughter and so she wanted him to pay, but of course it wasn't as if she wished to run into him. Now least of all seeing as they were on their way to see Dakota. It would just be a nuisance. "I hope we'll make it...we can't be out once the sun rises..."she muttered quietly, taking a gentle hold of his arm and waving her worries to the back of her mind. They weren't important as of right now. Crypt had the address so she would let him lead the way, he always had been good at finding new places fairly quickly. "Let's go see Dakota...I just want hold her again." He was eager and she could tell, she didn't wish to waste any more time dawdling.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:53 am

"Hmm if that's the truth than I'd rather not be known as a true and noble gentleman, I love you far too much." Elijah concluded, his eyes danced in amusement. He peered over at her for a moment, unable to bear the thought of being without her. He loved their family far more than any title. Though he would always hold onto the ideals of a gentleman, something he still was in his heart and many of his mannerisms. Some things not even great lengths of time could change. A noteworthy point seeing as though Claire was still his shy little healer, no matter how much time passed. It's what made them, them. One of many reasons he fell for her in the first place and never let that love falter for even a heartbeat. When she disappeared into the bathroom he finally moved to get changed, after convincing himself he had to move eventually. He pulled back the blankets and collapsed onto the bed with a heavy sigh. "Mmm sleep..." he mumbled, mostly to himself. He spent his days watching Hollie while Claire worked, it wasn't like that was any trouble. So the exhaustion simply came from all the worries that hung over them, something he chose to not think about for the time being. Everything will be fine...

(I'm afraid I do not know! I have no possible way to bring him in anywhere. XD Yeah! Tougher than the name! )

Crypt let Pyra take over 'the watching out for anyone' for a moment, putting his focus on finding the address. He always had a knack for finding places, he supposed that was a skill he gathered from early in his immortal years when he traveled. His gaze flickered from one building to the next, from one street sign to the other. Picking out the stores from the homes, and North streets from the South ones. He was reassured by her gentle touch, finding himself better able to focus. "We'll make it..." he reassured her gently, casting a small glance towards the sky. It was a concern that lingered in the back of his mind, but he had confidence they'd find it soon enough. There... he concluded, finding a section of streets that ran along the same sort as Dakota's. Now he just had to pick out the right street and then the house. Crypt heard Pyra speak but he said nothing, leaning over to press a soft kiss to the side of her head. He needn't say anything, for it was obvious both of them wanted nothing more than to hold their dearest child again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:59 pm

Claire smiled softly in response but didn't say a word. He was silly sometimes, but of course despite all the banter she would never take his gentlemanliness away from him no matter what. He was still a gentleman at heart and he still did things that qualified him as one. The way he took care of her and treated her, he still held the door open for her and always took her feelings into consideration. Just as he had when they first met. That side of him was still in there, all the time in the world could never change that. Elijah made it a point to keep it alive, just as she tried to keep who she used to be alive too she supposed. Claire was pure, though perhaps a tad tainted she still looked at the world with an innocent view. Perhaps that was due to her children, she didn't want them to fear the world and it would quickly scare them if she was always wary and not trusting of others. The world was indeed a cruel place at times, but there was still peace if one opened their hearts and minds to it. She smiled to herself and moved over to the bed, climbing under the covers after him though she left room between them in case he wished to have space tonight. He was so exhausted...she wanted him to be as comfortable as possible.

[Awwww not fair! Crushing my dreams. ;-; You can do it!]

Pyra fell silent, letting him focus on finding the address. It was a process she knew, and despite how easy it may seem to her she knew it was probably difficult. She didn't wish to distract him and ruin his progress, so she waited patiently even if she didn't have much of it right now. He tried to reassure her that they would be just fine and she knew they would be, but she couldn't help but be a tad bit nervous. Her nerves didn't usually affect her so much but this was their daughter they were looking for. Their little girl whom some tiny part of them had thought was dead, it was difficult not to even if you were hoping so strongly that they were alive. Time just wore down on one's soul, it crushed them after awhile but now that they definitely knew she was alive...it was as if all her patience had fled out the window. She imagined Crypt felt the same way, it hadn't been easy for him either. Her gaze fell onto him as she felt a soft kiss against her head, a soft smile forming on her lips. Pyra couldn't help but feel calm whenever she looked at him.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 am

Elijah, though already starting to doze, felt the bed shift under Claire's presence. He stirred a little bit, just enough to move over and slip his arm around Claire. He slept better when she was close, though his grip was always loose in case she wanted space. "Goodnight...I love you..." he mumbled sleepily, his eyes closed and his breathing slowed. The world has worked against them in every sense of the word, they've faced several ruling governments, enemies that vowed harm, and yet they still managed to thrive and live a happy life. It was incredible to him, a true gift. They had a beautiful family and lived in a time that could be considered peaceful, compared to some previous moments in history anyways. A warm smile spilled across his lips, relaxing against Claire's familiar presence.Forever and always...

(I know, I'm awful. ;-; Yes I can! )

It didn't take too long before Crypt located the street and turned down it, his gaze flickered to each and every house. There was an excitement in his eyes, the taste of triumph lingering just out of his reach. Almost there... he concluded, giving himself some self-reassurance. It would certainly be awful if they failed to find the home, not sure what they would do then. He shook his head slightly, knowing he had no room for second-guessing himself much less trying to figure out a back-up plan. Focus on the task at hand... he chided, scanning the numbers that hung on the walls of the homes. They were getting closer and that was a reassuring feeling, even so he couldn't help but feel as though they were so far. His gaze shifted towards the sky briefly, making note of the time. Morning was still pretty far off so he didn't think they'd have to worry about that. His only concern now, was finding the home before one of the owners of the other houses found them. There. Crypt's violet eyes lit up, spotting the house off to their right. "Pyra..." he murmured softly to get her attention, nodding towards the home.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:38 am

[I like how it's 'shifts under her presence' and not under her weight. Fits Elijah's gentlemanly side. XD]

Claire smiled as she felt his arm go around her, moving in closer until she could rest her head against his chest, but not before she planted a soft kiss against his cheek. He was so tired, he could barely stay awake as he said those three little words she loved to hear. It was amusing "And I love you Elijah, sleep my sweet." She whispered, listening to the beating of his heart and the slowing of his breath. Despite all the chaos in their life and all the things they've endured there always had been little peaceful moments like this. That had never changed though it was difficult to enjoy this one as both were tired and one was already asleep, not that she minded for he needed the rest. She watched him for a moment longer, making sure he got to sleep fine before she dared allow herself to relax. It had been a long day, and it wasn't much longer after him that she drifted off to sleep too.

[Now to finally introduce Lucy and Airic. :3]

Lucy was seated at her desk in her office, glancing over the paperwork piled upon her desk. There was a lot and every time she looked away more seemed to appear. As Leader of the Vampire City it was her duty to keep an eye on everything however so she'd never complain although she wished she could take a break. Even if only for a day. It didn't help that she hadn't seen her husband for a few days but she made sure to call to let him know she was still alive. Of course hearing his voice over the phone was far different than hearing it in person...she really missed him to say the least but she couldn't bring herself to just leave her work. Even if she was exhausted. The last time she slept had probably been the last time she was home, and don't get her started on the last time she fed. It's just been a little busy around here what with one of their own being attacked by a Hunter and another disappearing, the two incidents didn't seem to be linked to one another but the people were still worried and wanted to know if they were in danger. A question she didn't know the answer to unfortunately and it was frustrating her that she couldn't reassure them yet. Speaking with the humans the attack didn't seem to have been ordered so she was concerned, rogue Hunters were never pleasant to deal with though it was known to her the humans were attempting to handle it since it was one of their own. She bit her lip, running a hand through her red hair as she lay her head against the large desk, wanting to just fall asleep right there but she wouldn't. Sleep was unimportant right now, the only way she would rest is most likely if someone came in here and dragged her out which hasn't happened. Yet.

[Yes, very. ;-; That's the spirit!]

Pyra looked at the different houses as Crypt led the way, feeling her chest tighten with nerves. Crypt seemed to be going a certain way, making her think they were close. It was a bit nerve wracking and she wasn't sure if she was feeling nauseous or excited, perhaps a mix of both. She was happy, that was for certain, and she felt that he was too though mostly he was focused. That look on his face, she knew it quite well. He kept looking up at the houses, maybe at the numbers? Unfortunately she hadn't thought to look at the address so she couldn't be of much help to him. Her worries had all but fled, but she still held doubt. What if they didn't find the house...? What would they do then...? This doubt was squashed however as he paused and spoke her name, calling her attention to a house. It was off-white and fairly plain like the others, maybe one story, safe looking A house she could see herself living in though she would never trade away what they had...yet some part of her was afraid. "I-is that...?"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:03 am

(Exactly! A gentleman of his nature would never mention weight. XD )

(Yay! CX )

Airic had left the house early in the day to wander the city for no other reason than he needed fresh air. Since his arrival at the city he had picked up art as a hobby, turned out he kind of had a knack for it. Over time he got good at it and it blossomed into a little side job for him. Attending art shows once every month and selling art every now and then. It became a source of comfort for him since the loss of his Twin brother, Nicholas. Though he was quite certain his brother wasn't dead and calmed his mind with the simple fact that they would one day be reunited once more. Today he had all intentions of heading home before sunset, charcoal and graphite still smeared on his hands. His dark hair was tousled and he was quite confident there was charcoal and graphite in it too. By the time the moon was high in the sky and the city streets empty, he found himself heading towards Lucy's work. He missed his wife terribly and though he got to speak with her often, it wasn't quite the same as hearing her voice in person. He understood the importance of her job however, respected and loved her more than anyone. Knowing her however, she probably hasn't gotten any sleep nor anything to eat. He wasn't in a hurry though, taking the time to stop by the park and linger on the bridge that crossed over the pond. He leaned against the wooden railing and peered out across the still water. The moonlight reflected pure and bright in the smooth surface, his skin glowing softly in the light. Airic took a deep breath of the fresh air and closed his eyes for a moment.

Crypt was confident that was the house as it did match the address, yet there was still a small shred of him that feared it was the wrong one. He remained confident though and gently led Pyra towards the front door. "Mmmhmm, it matches the address." he replied softly. It matched the address, it matched the address, he kept repeating to himself as a reassurance. Fearful that they would suddenly wake from this dream to find that they had still not found their precious daughter. But you did find her...she's here and she's safe. Crypt looked at Pyra, finding comfort in the simple gaze. So long they searched, holding onto whatever shred of hope they had left.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:33 am

[True, but he does mention age on occasion...so he's not completely innocent! XD]

Lucy turned her head to the side slightly, glancing toward the window for a moment. It was dark out, but the moon was glistening brightly, softly illuminating the tops of the buildings she could see. They all had darkened windows, everyone else went home at a reasonable time every day. Seemingly it was just her whom never went home, even if she wished to. Well, and the guards that paced about the building, protecting her and important documents. It was not always the same guards, they all did have schedules so that they didn't tire out. Exhausted guards wouldn't do any of them good. She sighed and sat up, looking down at the current paperwork she was working on with a look of disdain. Some days, the days she felt rather homesick and missed her husband terribly, she struggled with her duties, but she would never turn her back on them. Lucy was stubborn, she didn't give up easily regardless of the situation or her own personal health. Which reminded her that her back was aching, she had been sitting down for the past fifteen hours straight and she was restless now. A frown crossed her lips as she got to her feet, stretching her arms up over her head before she grabbed the paper she had been reading previously and wandering over to the large windows. One was slight open and there was a gentle breeze that swept across her heated skin, it was a welcoming sensation and made it easier to concentrate on what she was looking at. Even if only a little.

Pyra heard his reply though she was admittedly still a bit nervous. Crypt was rarely ever wrong, and she knew that well, but her nerves currently had a mind of their own. As a mother that wasn't unusual, they did tend to worry over every little thing when it came to their child, it couldn't be helped. Thankfully her trust in her husband was stronger, she knew he wouldnt get her hopes up for nothing. In the beginning of their relationship he had broken quite a few promises and seen how hurt she had been by it. In turn it had hurt him and he tried hard to change that, something she secretly admired him for. She gently bit her lip as she moved towards the front of the house, every step feeling like lead. Her legs didn't want to work and yet she found the strength to make them, or maybe it was just the fact Crypt was guiding her that kept her moving. Dakota...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 pm

(True, true. XD )

Airic looked out across the water for another heartbeat or two before he turned and crossed the other half of the bridge. He headed across the park, plucking a flower from one of the bushes. The petals were soft and white, glowing in the moonlight. He held it to his lips and breathed in the fresh scent, looking towards the towering buildings of the city around him. He dropped his hand to his side, rolling the stem of the flower between his fingers. He had already made up his mind about visiting his wife before he had even left the house. It was just taking him a bit to settle on the idea. He didn't wish to interrupt her work, knowing it was stressful and hard work. However, he hoped his presence would make her night just a little better. Of course, he had his own reasons for wanting to visit her, he missed her terrible. Airic left the park and headed straight for the large building, letting his feet guide him down the middle of the street. Fortunately there was little to no people out at this time of night, it made the night peaceful and empty. It helped him clear his head and fill his lungs with fresh air. Sometimes he spent a little too much time working on an art piece, although this recent one was for his wife when she returned home. Airic looked up, finding himself in front of her work place. He stood before it with the flower dancing between his fingers. He didn't move towards the doors quite yet, studying the building with a thoughtful expression.

Crypt cast a final glance around the little neighborhood, making sure there was no one in sight. Being spotted would surely ruin this meeting and he had no intentions of letting that happen. Yet he hated nothing more than knowing his wife had to hide out like this, with society believing them dead. Wishing she could visit their daughter at any time without having to sneak around with him as if still a criminal. He never mentioned this though, some thoughts were best kept to himself. He approached the door once he was certain it was safe and knocked on the solid wood. His heart pounded in his chest, thinking through all the worst-case scenarios should someone other than their daughter answer the door. Some habits were impossible to break.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 am

[Shame on him. XD]

Lucy shook her head, looking away from the page again. Though the breeze was refreshing and helped her to feel more clear minded the words still blurred together, which was usually a sign for her to go home and rest. It's been a long few days, just how many she couldn't recall, but it would certainly be okay if she did. Usually she worked for days at a time, only going home for a couple before she returned. There were some who claimed she practically lived here, they were probably correct, and she knew that wasn't fair to Airic. He understood her job was important but so was he. Maybe if she regulated her schedule a bit better she could spend every night at home with him. For her it was difficult because she felt a deep need to keep the people of this city safe, but at the same time she was slowly beginning to realize she couldn't properly do that if she didn't take care of herself. Her sweet husband was also bound to leave her if she kept leaving him alone, it wasn't likely for he was stubborn but the thought made her smile just a little. Lucy looked out the window, gazing down the seven floors from her office to the street below. There wasn't much to see aside from smaller buildings, but at this time of night it was oddly peaceful. She could hear one of the few guards patrolling the hall outside her door, but the sound seemed so far away at that moment.

Kota startled awake, having dozed off at the window seat a little while ago, and glanced around the room. It wasn't any different from before, but she was a little concerned as to what woke her up. There had been a loud knocking in her dream, not that she could remember what that had been about now. Nothing bad surely for she wasn't afraid like when she had awoken before but she was unsettled, as if she had missed something important. Her thoughts settled on that knock from her dream after a moment, it had seemed real. Had it really been in her dream? Or had somebody decided to visit this late at night? No one ever visited them so she couldn't imagine that. Dakota wasn't quite awake enough to realize the situation, but she got up after a minute and went towards the door. There was only one way to find out if it had been real or not, she just hoped she didn't regret it but right then her nerves were subdued. "Mathias...? I think someone's at the door...I'm gonna open it..."she mumbled, rubbing at her eyes as she unlocked and pulled the door to reveal...her own parents. After blinking a few times she looked at them, only taking a second before realization dawned on her. "Mom, daddy! You came! I was starting to think you forgot." She pouted, opening the door wider for them to come in.

Pyra smiled faintly, a bit more relaxed now that they had confirmed this was their daughter's home. "I blame your father, he was taking his sweet time earlier." She replied, she had said she was going to blame Crypt and she kept to her promises.