Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:39 pm

(Okay!)

Elijah scoffed quietly, pressing a hand to his chest as if taking offense. "Blame you? Come now my dearest, a gentleman never blames a lady for anything." He responded though the light smirk continue to linger at the corners of his lips. Sometimes he wondered how on earth they've managed to pick up this habit of teasing each other...but ultimately he didn't care how. It kept things light between them even when the world around them was growing dark. It kept them strong and together. "Ah you've caught me, I cannot seem to fool you." he said with a dramatic, reluctant sigh. He held up his hands in surrender before dropping them to his sides again and moving towards her casually. His gaze shifted towards the dark world outside the window, finding little peace in the darkness. Nighttime has always been dangerous but perhaps it was even more dangerous now than it once was. What with the Hunters taking far greater risks and wandering further into the city. Will there ever be a time of peace? he wondered though he knew the answer to that. He's lived many lifetimes and peace was found few and far. "Ah so you admit I am sorry for teasing you...just not one hundred percent." he pointed out with a small smile. "Thalia will understand...it's possible Liam already told her."

(I really am. XD )

Mathias pursed his lips but he wasn't able to deny that, his apology certainly came from the threat. He laid back on the couch dramatically and sighed "But why must you tell on me? That's awfully cruel." He draped his arm across his eyes feeling a bit tired now. He was beginning to wonder when her parents would get here. He wasn't sure how much longer he could handle feeling the nervous twisting of his gut. "But Kotaaaa..." he whined softly, sounding a little more like a puppy than he intended. He was too stubborn to even consider that she might not miss him, for he would certainly miss her. He pouted again and offered another dramatic sigh, lifting his arm slightly to peek over at her again. Surely they'll be here soon... he thought with a faint smile before dropping his arm across his eyes again. It would be truly devastating if they didn't make it, he couldn't bare to see Kota disappointed.

Crypt nodded thoughtfully "Ah, reasonable conclusion." he answered "Well, I can at the very least tell you I have no recollection of brainwashing you." He smiled in amusement, finding the idea a little silly. Although he could certainly see why people would think he brainwashed her, she loved a monster and he was known to be good with his words. It didn't matter what others thought though, he loved her with all his heart and nothing would ever change that. He smirked faintly and looked up to see the hospital, feeling reassured by it's presence. They were almost there which meant they were almost off the street where they could easily be seen. "Then I shall wait patiently for you to accept it." A quiet chuckle escaped him before he nodded in agreeance. "Hm, yes we should definitely focus on our daughter first."

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:46 am

[It's been long enough. XD]

Claire rolled her eyes though he wouldn't see it seeing as she had her back to him at the moment. He was silly if he thought she believed that one. "That's why you've blamed me for a lot of things over the years?" She pointed out. It hadn't been for bad things, they had all been good things but it was still him blaming her for stuff. They have often blamed each other for all kinds of things, even when they were completely innocent. Another way of simply teasing each other she supposed. It kept things light between the two of them, and not to mention fun. "Of course not. I do happen to know you better than most." When you've been married as long as they have it was almost impossible to keep secrets from your significant other. He knew her as well as she knew him, inside and out. Some found it kind of scary, but she found it rather sweet how they seemed to know how the other was feeling without even saying a single word. What they were thinking just by looking into the others eyes. A light laugh left her lips as she shut the thick curtains and turned to face him, crossing her arms in front of her. "I admit nothing and you cannot prove that I did. Or didn't." Elijah was good, but he's taught her too much over the years. "I'm doubtful...but perhaps."

[Evil Dreams! EVIL! XD]

Kota finished the braid though she stared at it with a pout on her face. An almost disappointed one. She didn't have a hairtie to tie it off with, if she let it go then it would fall apart and she didn't want that. Usually she kept one on her wrist, but she knew the hospital removed those too and who knew what Mathias did with them. There were some in the bathroom but she didn't feel like getting up at the moment. What was she to do now? This was quite the predicament she found herself in, but she supposed she would just have to hold it until she was forced to get up when her parents arrived. Mathias has done enough for her already. "And? You're being awfully cruel to me. A cruel act deserves a cruel punishment no?" She huffed, turning her nose up at him. He was being a bit of a child though she assumed that was to keep her amused and distracted from the fact that her parents weren't there yet. Not that it was working, but she wouldn't tell him that. "Don't whine at me. It won't work."

"I'm sure you don't." Pyra smirked. If he had brainwashed her though then why would he ever admit to it...? It didn't work that way, at least she was sure it didn't. This was an amusing situation, he was being so playful, but she knew he was just as aware of their current surroundings as he was playful. He's always been good at that sort of thing, but when one was, once, a great leader of a hated army she supposed you had to be. One never knew when the enemy would turn up to try and kill you after all. "Hm, you might be waiting for a long time then." She pointed out, but if he knew her well enough then he would know she wouldn't make him wait days. Only ever hours, and that depended on if they were busy or not. "Maybe you should go in to the hospital and look. You're faster than I and we can't waste much more time...it's getting late. I don't wish to disappoint her." Pyra really wanted to see her daughter, she was beginning to feel a little anxious.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:51 pm

(I agree. XD )

Elijah offered a small, innocent shrug and paused just a few feet behind her, peering past her and out the window. "Hm well those were all in the past. I'm a changed man." he responded with a small smirk. Although after living as long as they have, changing was a rare occurrence. Besides, he was far too stubborn to simply admit to anything directly. "I can't argue with that one can I?" They've been together for so long that it has become simply impossible to keep anything from each other. Not that, that bothered him. If anything he found it sweet and heart-warming, a true sign of a deep connection and a strong bond. His gaze shifted towards Claire as she closed the curtains and faced him, a small smile lining his lips. His eyes narrowed playfully "I've taught you far too much over the years..." he commented. "Perhaps..." he echoed quietly, looking thoughtful. Ellie... he took a deep breath, letting it out again with a slow sigh.

(Won't deny that one. XD)

Mathias lifted his arm a little again to peer at Kota with a small pout. "I suppose..." he answered reluctantly before dropping his arm back over his eyes. Comforted by the little darkness it provided, feeling a bit tired himself. It was growing increasingly dark outside which certainly didn't help his desire to sleep any. However, he would remain awake until Kota's parents arrived. "Won't work? Not even a little?" he pressed with a tiny, amused smile. He could always try but she was stubborn to a fault. After a moment he sighed and pushed himself up again, stifling a yawn. He looked at Kota and grinned. Don't worry so much, her parents will be here in no time. he concluded, successfully reassuring himself which didn't happen often. He reached up to comb his dark hair back, trying to make it look some-what presentable.

Crypt smirked faintly, studying the hospital quietly. They were fortunate enough to not run across anyone thus far, but one could never be too careful. However, it wasn't too much of a surprise. Few ever came out at night, for many reasons he was sure. The human Hunters being a primary one. Strange how different times are now... he pondered glancing at Pyra again. "I have patience." he replied with a small smile, he would wait for an eternity if that's what it took. Of course, he expected only a few hours at the most, they'd be pretty busy once they located Dakota. "Are you sure?" he asked quietly, pausing a moment to turn and face her a little. What he was really asking was 'would she be okay out here for a moment by herself'. After all, he never stopped worrying about her and he dreaded the thought anything should happen to her whilst he was gone. She could take care of herself he knew, but that didn't stop him from worrying nonetheless. He agreed with her though, it was getting late and he desperately wished to see their daughter tonight.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 pm

[Woo! XD]

"Ha! Right." Claire scoffed, not believing that one for even half a second. Just the other day he had blamed her for something and just today he had so no, she definitely did not believe in that one. "No, no you can't for you know me too well as well." She smiled faintly. He was always in her head, both on her thoughts and in her mind. Elijah knew her better than she knew herself, he always has. It was a bit strange at first, especially when she had been a meek little human. Back then she was used to having all of her thoughts to herself, but she quickly grew used to it. In a way she felt less alone. Their connection couldn't ever be matched. "Well that isn't my fault. You're just too good of a teacher, you've taught our son a lot too and I imagine our daughter will be the same." Tobias was a fast learner and Hollie had picked that up too. It wasn't obvious when one first looked at the small child, but if you watched her enough it was easy to tell. "Well we shouldn't worry about it too much now, we should get some rest."

[Aha, not surprised. XD]

Kota huffed as she held her braid, leaning forward a little to make herself less comfortable. The less she was the easier it would be to get up to go get a hairtie. It wouldn't be instantaneous, but she would get there eventually. At some point. She looked at Mathias and shrugged slightly, Wonder what would happen if she did tell her father that Mathias wasn't being so nice to her. He may kill him, but at the same time he might not since it would technically be a first misdemeanor. No, she wouldn't be that mean and though she could be the type to enjoy watching the world burn she's never actually done anything to cause such things to occur. That was her father's side talking too. "Not even a little." She replied, getting to her feet at last. It did feel good to stand, she hadn't realized that her back was getting stiff again. "Stop being a big baby."

Pyra knew how patient he could be, she's had plenty of experience watching him do so in the past. Whether it be with an enemy, waiting for them to give him the answers he wanted, or waiting on her to get ready for dates and stuff. He wasn't the type to get impatient too often, the only times she could remember him getting impatient was when she or Dakota had been in danger. Other than that there wasn't any time she could remember where he had. She glanced at the hospital as he asked if she was sure, knowing the true neaning behind the question. Sure she was nervous about being left alone out here, but she knew that she would be okay. Though she may be on the petite side, she most definitely knew how to take care of herself. Pyra was a fighter and she knew that he wouldn't take long with her all by herself. "I'm sure Crypt. I'll be fine for a few seconds."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 am

( XD )

Elijah chuckled softly "Okay...so maybe I'm not as changed as I like to believe." he relented with a gentle smile. It was worth a shot, even though she was far too smart to fall for any of his tricks. He tilted his head slightly "Perhaps we both know each other too well." he said light-heartedly, although the gleam in his eyes said otherwise. They knew each other inside and out and that's what made them special, one of many reasons they were a strong team. Most vampires mated for life but not all could say they knew their partner perfectly. Although that could partly be due to the age differences, Elijah and Claire were certainly some of, if not, the oldest vampires. "I am quite a brilliant teacher aren't I?" he chuckled "Our children certainly have been quick learners haven't they?" he agreed thoughtfully. He looked towards the window briefly, no doubt still considering going out and finding Ellie right now. He sighed softly, knowing that decision would not be wise. "Some rest would be nice..." he agreed quietly.

(Lol XD )

"I'mma tell your parents you're being mean to me." Mathias huffed with a playful pout, turning his head a little to peer up at her as she stood. A smile slipped across his lips, a small tilt to his head. They both knew he could never get away with that, her parents were still warming up to him. If they ever would, but he would remain hopeful. Mathias chuckled softly and laid down on the couch again, staring up at the ceiling contently. It was nice to have little peaceful moments like this, if one could call this peaceful anyways. Considering recent events, he'd say this was peaceful. His now damp, curly hair splayed out beneath him. He'd have to get his hair cut again soon, it was getting just a touch too long for his taste.

Crypt looked hesitant nonetheless but their daughter was waiting for them. He leaned over to press a soft kiss to her forehead, offering her a small smirk. "Be back in a jiffy." he said with a quiet chuckle. He wanted to keep the moment light despite the small amounts of danger that lingered over them. He pulled away from her and vanished, it wasn't often he got to take a quick run. It felt good to have that rush of energy course through his veins, slowing down only when he reached the front of the hospital. He'd have to be a little more careful once he was inside. Get in, get out without being seen. Something he was fairly good at.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:20 pm

"Definitely not." Claire huffed. He had changed in so many ways, just as she was sure she has, but underneath all of that was still the stubborn headed vampire she knew and loved. The one who protected her from the dangers she'd been in and purposely caused her to lose her breath until she felt like passing out. It wasn't easy to get rid of what made them, them. Their past selves were the foundation of who they were today. "Perhaps, although I'm sure you still have your secrets." She teased, moving past him and back towards the living room. Since she wasn't leaving it was pointless to stand next to the door all night, besides they could 'argue' anywhere in their warm home. Just as they have for many centuries. Not that they've ever had a serious argument, just their small playful ones. "Well now Elijah, let's not sound conceited now." She scolded lightly, turning on her heel to look at him. "They have, and they'll continue to learn just as we have. Even as old as we are we still learn." The world was always changing, and with it came new things that they needed to learn about. She was sure that would never change. "Let's check on Hollie, then we can rest."

Kota snorted. "Uhh yeah, tell me how well that works out for you." She rolled her eyes and turned to leave, walking towards the bathroom. He could tell her parents that she was mean, definitely, but they wouldn't do anything about it. If anything they'd tell him to suck it up and praise her... perhaps not in that exact way, but they wouldn't care if he had been on their bad side in the past. He's told her many stories and her parents always warned her to keep away from the hybrid that ran amuck in the city. Of course she was sure she's ran into him a few times as a young child now that she thought about it, but she never got to talk to him long before a Rebel came and whisked her away. Her parents would scold her and she'd still go wander the city because she had been a curious little girl. Everything had been fascinating to her back then and she would talk to whomever she ran into, even humans and a few different Nightwalkers before one tried to bite her. She sighed and moved into the bathroom, digging around inside a small basket on one of the shelves for a hairtie.

Pyra smiled faintly as she felt the kiss to her forehead, a gleam in her eyes. She was confident in his promise that he would return to her quickly, he had always been fast whenever she was waiting on him. Well, not so much in the far past, but after he came out of leadership he had. He hadn't liked to make her wait just as she didn't like to make him wait, even though there were many times back then and now that she had because she didn't think she looked good enough. Even though he always assured her that she always looked fine. She smiled to herself before she looked on the direction he disappeared in, backing in to a small alley so she wouldn't be out in the open. There didn't seem to be anyone out, but she was still cautious. Crypt would likely scold her if she got herself into a tricky situation.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Elijah chuckled softly and offered a small shrug, what could he say? He was stuck in his ways and stubborn beyond belief. "Mmm yes I am full of secrets, I'm a secretive man." he smiled and followed Claire into the living room, leaning against the back of the couch. There was a time where he wouldn't even slouch much less lean against anything. Of course those were his royalty days and with the time he spent with Claire he learned to relax a little. Although even today his posture remained quite proper at times. Elijah offered a small smile and held up his hands innocently "Conceited? Nonsense..." he replied. "A gentleman is never conceited." He met her gaze, a warmth filling his heart as he peered at her. She was still the loving and stubborn Healer he fell in love with. "Hmm we are quite old aren't we?" he pondered with a light smile. She was right though, the world was always changing and they were always learning along the way. That's how life worked though. With ever passing day you learned something new. Elijah gave her a silent nod of agreement, feeling even more worn out from the news that still weighed heavy on his mind.

Malcolm looked over at her and grinned in amusement, they both knew it wouldn't work out well for him. They would no doubt take their daughter's side and believe he deserved it. After all, he and her parents hadn't been on good terms the last time they met. The hybrid that Crypt himself hunted down, thinking about it now he almost felt honored. Then again, that also meant he was seen as a threat and was pretty lucky to be here today. For a short period of time he was the terror upon the city. Before Crypt and his Rebels found him anyways and gave him a pretty convincing warning. What stopped him from ending me there? he pondered. It was a question he still asked himself today. What can I say, I was a foolish and angry hybrid back then. Malcolm stood up and stretched, feeling a little more relaxed now though he was still anxious. His gaze shifted around the room quietly, falling lost in his thoughts as he often did.

Crypt made it into the hospital with little to no difficulty, having to run around for most of it to avoid being seen. There were a few more people walking around but since it was nightfall they were mostly relaxed and weren't focused on anything in particular. He made it to their daughter's room in pretty decent time, peering in and feeling a mixture of relief and disappointment. He was disappointed she wasn't there so they could see her now, but relieved that she was well enough to be out of the hospital. He nodded a little and quickly made his way back through the hospital. He made it outside and let out a heavy sigh of relief. It was both energizing and terrifying doing his best to not be seen. He made his way back to where Pyra was, his heart still pounding in his ears.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Claire raised an eyebrow and glanced back at him with a hand on her hip. "Oh? Is that so? Makes me wonder now. Probably have some secret girlfriend then. Hmph." A light smirk crossed her lips, clearly she was only teasing for it was well known to her that he would never do that to her. They were tied to each other, their love was too deep and their hearts too attached. No one else could ever take his place. Of course that didn't mean she wouldn't tease him, just as he has her. They both have had their fair share of others staring and speaking to them with a flirtatious air. It was amusing, but she made sure to let them know her heart belonged to another. "You might not be conceited, but you certainly sound it Elijah...and you aren't always a gentleman." She replied, moving towards their daughters room. The teasing never got old, she loved all of it. All of their little moments had a special place in her heart, they all meant something to her. "You'll always be older." Claire giggled softly, peering in to Hollie's room. The small child was still sound asleep, curled up in the sheets. A content smile crossed her lips and she moved away, glancing at Elijah before she moved towards their own bedroom. She was getting tired.

[Dreams, you called Mathias Malcolm again. XD]

Kota found a hairtie and tied off the braid, looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her skin was still rather pale and there were faint dark circles under her eyes. She looked awful, but that was no surprise considering what all she has gone through lately. Being attacked and losing large amounts of blood didn't typically leave one in excellent condition. Unfortunately. She would just have to leave it to her body to heal and she had faith in it. This wasn't the first time she's gotten hurt, she was sure that it wouldn't be the last. Once she was finished up she went back out into the living room and to the window, peering out into the darkened city. There was no movement, but even if her parents were out there right then she wouldn't know it. They were stealthy, they knew how to remain unseen. That didn't help her feeling of impatience though.

Pyra kept a look out, sticking to the shadows. The cover of darkness was pleasant though a bit chilling for though she could hide in it..so could others. She wasn't worried, but she was a little nervous. This city was full of people who may still hate her husband and if they saw her then would they assume he was still alive? Would they try and use her against him as people have before? Her thoughts couldn't help but wander, but she knew better than to let them get to her. Something she used to be terrible at, but it was important she stay calm. A part of her was hoping Dakota was still here so they could see her, but the other part hoped she had been released to go home. As much as she wanted to desperately see her, the mother in her would always want her child to be healthy. That was the most important thing alongside her husband's health. He hadn't been gone that long and yet she found herself to be growing increasingly nervous with his absence. Crypt, be safe...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:13 pm

"Secret girlfriend? Absolutely not, you are the only one for me, Claire." Elijah replied with a playful smile, though of course he meant it whole-heartedly. In all of time there has never been another woman he loved quite so dearly as he did Claire. Of course he knew, that she knew that despite her cruel and teasing ways. Their hearts and souls were too entwined, there simply was not room to have feelings towards any others. He wanted Claire and Claire only, their family was his entire world. "As a true and noble gentleman, I'm going to take offense to that." he replied with a small smirk. Elijah trailed after her as they headed to their daughter's room, casting a small glance inside. Hollie was still sound asleep among her blankets, a soft smile slipped across his lips. He wished he could always protect Hollie from the harsh and cold ways of the world. "Potentially the oldest in the world, it's an intimidating thought." he continued quietly, following Claire to their room. It was an odd thing to think about, being among the oldest beings. If he was honest he would say he couldn't even quite recall when he was introduced into the world, it was so long ago. Elijah sighed softly, he could feel the weight of everything pressing down on him and oh how it made him tired.

(GOSH DANGIT! XD I don't know how I keep doing it and then not even realize it. The two of them are nothing alike! The only thing they share is being werewolves and having the letter M in their name. XD)

Mathias walked over to one of the windows and peered outside, hooking his thumbs into his belt loops. His soft golden gaze scanned the shadows, seeing no movement or anything to indicate the Augustine family arrival. He found himself feeling anxious again although he wasn't sure for what reason. It could be the nervousness of seeing her family again, a family that had once wanted his head on a wall. Or perhaps it was the fact that they were still not here and Dakota was waiting ever so patiently. As patient as she can be I suppose... he wondered, not sure what Kota was feeling at the moment. They'll come... he reassured himself.

It took Crypt but only a moment to locate Pyra's hiding spot among the shadows, easily drawn to her presence. He lingered a few feet away "Pyra..." he said softly, hoping not to startle her. He flicked out the piece of paper that had Kota's address on it, scanning over it a few times before tucking it away again. "She wasn't there." he continued. Crypt felt a mixture of emotions on this news. He was relieved Dakota was well enough to return home, but nervous that they had to travel all the way to her home to see her. As long as they did so carefully and quietly he wasn't too concerned. It seemed nighttime still held an eerie and unsafe presence to it, even with the threat of Nightwalkers long gone. Though from what I've heard the Hunters have gotten more gutsy... There was once a time where Crypt would've laughed at the mention of Hunters, as there were a few brave souls in the Fallen City, but the humans have certainly made themselves threatening and well-known now.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Claire knew that would be his answer before he even let it leave his lips. He usually did protest against the things she used to tease him, she had known that this would be no different. A soft smile crossed her pale lips though it turned into a tiny smirk as she looked over her shoulder at him. "Oh...? Hmm, I don't know...that didn't sound very sincere..."she teased, flipping her long blonde hair before disappearing into their own bedroom. It wasn't anything special, but it was a place of comfort. A place they could rest without worry or fear. For a long time they had to run, never having a true home, it was so nice knowing they no longer had to and never would again. Well, hopefully. "Be offended all you want, it doesn't change the facts." With a light sigh she went over to the bed and lifted up her night gown, admiring it for a short moment. They had changed over time, the fabric had gotten lighter and some were... more...indecent. Claire did like the lighter fabric, but she liked to stay covered up. A respectable lady. "The world will always be older than you. It may not move or speak like we do, but it still feels pain..." She muttered softly, her thoughts wandering a little though her gaze remained on the soft blue gown in her hands. They've been alive for so long, seen and experienced things no one should have to. It was a wonder they haven't lost their minds, but she did know it was because they had each other. He's what has kept her going through all the pain she's ever endured and she was grateful to him.

[Well you did say you like Malocm more. ;-; Do you just want to change his name Dreams? XD]

Kota sighed, and annoyed sound though she didn't know why she was. Perhaps because her parents weren't here yet, or perhaps it was because of the people in this city that they had to hide like this that made her so annoyed. It had always irritated her to hear others speak poorly of them. Even back in the old city she had hated it, getting into a couple of fights over it that resulted in her parents scolding her. They hadn't wanted her to fight their battles, but as their daughter she could never help it. After a brief moment of thought she took a deep breath and stepped away from the window, pacing slowly across the room and towards the kitchen. There was no particular reason other than the need to move.

Pyra sensed Crypt long before he spoke, there was no denying that presence she grew to know so well. Relief washed through her as she stepped out from her hiding spot, looking him over for any wounds. He didn't appear to have any which ease her mind, allowing her to relax as he told her the news of their daughter. It was upsetting of course, to an extent, but she was happy to know that her daughter was better. They knew well that Kota didn't like hospitals too much, or doctors. She was nervous to have to travel even further into the dark city to see her, but she knew they would be just fine. Crypt wouldn't let anything happen. Besides, she wasn't about to let a little thing like nerves keep her from seeing their little girl again. "This is becoming something of a journey..."she muttered quietly, glancing around the street. There was a sense of unease hanging in the air, but she knew she was probably getting herself worked up over nothing. Things have changed in the time since the city fell. "I suppose we better hurry, we don't want to miss a visit with her."