The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 pm

(I have to make decisions? What is this madness? XD How about Crypt and Pyra? I think it's been a while since we've used them. c: )

Kai gazed at Ellie for a moment "Hmm, let's hurry home...the sun will be up soon." he murmured and turned away again. She seemed at a bit of a loss for words and quite frankly, so was he, not sure what more he could say. He was starting to not make any sense to himself either, everything about his time with Ellie was so confusing and yet he was too stubborn to run from it. She made him happy...truly happy and he wasn't sure why nor was he willing to try and figure it out yet. Perhaps a small part of him knew but denial got the best of him, that wasn't possible for a Nightwalker. Happiness was a strange concept to them, true happiness anyways and not the mischievous glee of a hunt often mistaken for happiness. Kai shook his head a little to clear his mind, trying to sort out his thoughts as he led the way to the house. It came into view before he knew it, relieved by the familiar sight.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:24 am

[Yes, you have to make decisions. I know it's just horrible, but this is a team effort darn it! XD Sure! It that's what you want to do. Remember that they're in Pyra's room and she fell asleep on him. :3]

Ellie nodded and followed silently, unsure what to say or if there was even anything left to say. She was so confused with him. One minute she was so happy and carefree, but then she remembered their predicament and she fell into a small depression the next. It was hard going through all of this and she knew she should just walk away now but... she couldn't. Try as she might she just couldn't leave him. For one she would probably be in worse pain, and for two she didn't want to see what would happen to Kai if she did leave. If he should ever fall back into that darkness of his it would break her heart. A quiet, practically non-existent, sniffle escaped her as she suddenly felt tears sting at her eyes, but she kept them back in fear he would notice. She didn't want him asking what was wrong, she didn't want to worry him because she didn't even know. Everything was so messed up right now and, though not exactly in a bad way, she wasn't sure on what to do. Except she knew that, despite how she felt, she would never give up on him. She was too invested.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:05 am

(Right! A team effort! And for the team I have chosen! I made a decision! Yay! *throws confetti* XD Yep! c: )

Crypt awoke confused and a bit disoriented as to where he was, blinking away the sleepy daze. He couldn't recall the last time he slept quite that long nor that well, but he was feeling refreshed and content so who was he to complain? His deep violet gaze traced over the walls of the room, an odd sense of warmth creeping through his veins. He was in Pyra's room, it was all coming back to him now that the haziness of sleep faded away. Despite being awake he did not stir, aware of the comforting form against him. He peered down at Pyra, wondering if she was awake. He would remain here as long as he could, for no Rebel has come to disturb him yet so things must be going fairly well. Yet the thoughts of work which often plagued his mind with every waking hour, slipped away as he studied her. A deep, warm smile slipped across his lips as he leaned down a bit to plant a soft kiss against her head. There was something reassuring about waking up with her at his side, the one person who kept him grounded to reality and most of all, sane. My dearest Pyra...

Kai remained silent and completely lost in his own thoughts, heading up the path to the house. Everything was such a mess that he couldn't quite figure anything out. Aside from his throat burning with hunger, he still felt a nervousness about Ellie seeing that side of him...it was such a dark and violent side, it was a miracle she walked with him now. Not to mention this chaos of Daywalker and Nightwalker and simply wishing such a thing didn't divide them, wishing this could be easier for both of them. Whatever...this was, that is. Both of them seemed to be in constant danger and yet somehow he felt as though it drew them closer. Before he knew it, however, they arrived at the house. All the troubling thoughts being pushed to the back of his mind for the moment. He paused by the front door, turning his head a little to peer back at the city. Already he could see the sky growing light, it was such a subtle and gradual change. Yet as a Nightwalker, he was sensitive to such details.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:48 pm

[I know! I'm so proud of you. ;-; Yay, I have confetti stuck in my hair now. XD Wow, he actually slept? I'm shocked. XD]

Pyra was, to no surprise, still comfortably asleep. With the eventful night she had and the injuries she sustained she needed the rest. This was the first in a long while she has slept so deeply or peacefully though she would be sure to deny that when she was finally awake. She hardly moved, or made a sound, stirring a little when he kissed her upon the head. Not much, she only shifted slightly, nuzzling her nose into his chest where it was​ warm. A small part of her nudged at her, telling her that it was time to wake up now, but she was too comfortable to listen. At least right away. The darkness and silence of her mind was​ so comforting, and the warmth surrounding her made her feel safe from the world. After a moment, or more, she huffed quietly as she slowly began to wake though she was clearly trying to fight it, wanting to sleep for a little longer. Unfortunately it was automatic with her...she could only sleep for so long before she started to feel a little bit restless. It wasn't fair, it was warm here though in her half awake state she didn't understand why. She knew Crypt was there, but she was a little slow at the moment. "...mmph."

Ellie followed him up to the house, slowly getting the key from her jacket pocket. She sort of felt like a zombie, her movements were slower than normal and she was kinda still lost in thought, not paying attention to things around her. Her thoughts had moved on from what they had been on, but she couldn't tell you what she what thinking about now. They were moving rapidly through her mind, slipping through her fingers as she tried to catch one or two. Just something to hold on to, to keep her calm and focused on here and now, but there was​ nothing. Maybe it was better that she didn't think right now though, she needed to relax and make it into the house. Although they were close they weren't completely safe until they were inside, their safety is all that really mattered. She moved forward and put the key in the lock, turning it and opening the door. There was​ a light on from when she left, the gentle glow illuminating the living room, making it feel welcoming. We made it...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:53 pm

(I'm quite proud of myself. c: You're welcome. XD Yeah, I figured he ought to have slept a little being so much time has passed. XD)

Crypt watched her with a warm fascination, his head tilted slightly to the side, his dark eyes searching her peaceful expression. Quite honestly, he was perfectly comfortable right here and for once his work was not filling every second of his thoughts. It certainly has not been easy these past few days, not with everything that's been going on and yet, Pyra remained at his side. However happy he felt, it kind of felt as if he were walking on a tight rope. One side was a life with Pyra and the other was his life with the Rebels, if he leaned too far one direction he was in danger of falling and losing both. He pushed these thoughts aside for the time being and reached over to run his fingers through her hair soothingly. She was slightly awake from what he could tell, a small stir and sound every now and then. Yet, he remained quiet, letting her wake up on her own accord. The silence of the room was comforting, hearing faint sounds from beyond the door but it all seemed so far away.

Kai stood by quietly as she unlocked the door, scanning their surroundings. He didn't expect anyone to be nearby, at least not any Nightwalkers. It was too dangerous to be away from any buildings right now, for the sun would rise and the results would not be good for any who lingered in the open. His gaze shifted towards the small house again when he heard the soft click of the door unlocking and then her pushing it open. A soft light filled the space he expected to be dark, she really must've left in a hurry. The thought made him feel a small twinge of guilt but he pushed it aside and looked at Ellie for a moment. Suddenly feeling vulnerable and anxious, a prickle of uncertainty crawling up his spine. He still hadn't eaten and although he didn't feel particularly hungry at the moment, he was still afraid...Kai took a deep breath and pushed these feelings aside, it wasn't like him to be like this. Focus... he scolded himself.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 pm

[You'll have to make more choices though so don't get too comfy. cx At least it isn't glitter, glitter is harder to get out. XD Ah, I'm still in shock. XD]

Pyra shifted again, feeling a gentle tugging at her hair as if someone were gently threading their fingers through it. It felt nice so she wouldn't complain, but it was unsettling in her half asleep state somehow. Maybe because she could not see who it was though she didn't feel as if she were in any danger. Again she was​ slow, she knew he was there it was just taking a bit to register everything as she woke up slowly. The first thing to return, besides her touch, was her sense of smell. His scent filled her nose, both making her calm as well as a bit nervous. Nwrvous because she was slowly remembering that she had fallen asleep on him the night before, though he had been okay with it this was the forst time they've slept in the same bed together so it was cause for a little nerves. After what seemed like forever, it was only a few seconds, she finally opened her eyes. Met with the sight of his side she let out a small, quiet, breath, stretching a little before she turned her face towards his a little more. "Hi..."she mumbled, clearly still not fully awake but awake enough to be aware. Despite how​ odd this felt it was nice to wake up next to him, though she knew she probably shouldn't get used to this.

Ellie stepped inside and dropped the key onto a little table by the front door, scanning thw room as if she expected it to be different somehow. It wasn't, but she's been a tad bit paranoid lately. Recent events had made her that way and she hoped they were understandable considering that the events hadn't exactly been...pleasant. She winced thinking about it, shuttering as she hugged herself lightly. It would happen again she knew, Kellan wouldn't give up so easily on her and, well, she's seen it. In her dreams. A gentle sigh left her lips as she calmed herself down, moving further in to the room as she let the silence continue to wrap around them. She didn't know what to say...although she knew he still needed to eat and she should probably take care of it before long. He didn't like blood bags though so would he feed from her if she offered? They didn't have many other options right now, the sun would soon rise and they were fresh out of humans here. Biting on her lip she thought it over, trying to figure out what to do.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed May 10, 2017 1:44 pm

(Not surprised...I am prepared! XD I love glitter though! XD Don't blame you, it is pretty shocking. XD)

Crypt's eyes glittered with an odd sort of contentment, his head tilted slightly to the side as he peered at her. There was something comforting about her presence beside him, to wake up with her there. "Good morning..." he greeted warmly, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. She still seemed so sleepy and he found it quite adorable. Of course, he wouldn't admit so out loud but rather keep it close to his heart. He grabbed a small strand of her hair and twirled it between his fingers. "Did you sleep alright?" he asked, after all, it was important she got some proper rest after everything she's been through lately. A thought he quickly pushed aside, preferring to keep things happy at the moment. He reached up with his other hand to comb his messy hair, his pale fingers threading through the feathery dark locks. His gaze shifted towards the door momentarily as the heard footsteps walk by, letting out a soft breath when they faded. It seemed as though the dayshift was awaking as well, just at the brink of dawn.

There was another long moment of hesitation before Kai walked into the house, closing the door quietly behind him. He didn't say much as he headed straight for the bathroom, vanishing inside. He stood at the sink for a moment, staring at the dried blood that caked his hand. It's been a long time since he's done something out of anger...he shook his head and turned on the water. Desperately scrubbing at the flaky blood as if it'd somehow wash away what he'd done. Sure he's attacked Miles before...but never quite to that extent. Miles's only saving grace now, was if the others came back and saw him. He paused for a moment and bowed his head, clenching his eyes shut as a wave of nausea struck him. What truly bothered him though, was that Ellie saw it. He shouldn't be bothered, she should've known what she was getting into when she decided to let a Nightwalker stick around, and yet the guilt tore him up inside. He finished cleaning off his hand before shutting off the water and remained there, gripping the edges of the counter with his fingers.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 pm

[Good, be prepared...be very prepared! XD Yes I know, but it's a lot harder to get rid of. XD It is. I'm still shocked by it, I thought he didn't sleep. XD]

"...mmph." Pyra huffed quietly in response, she didn't want it to be morning yet since that meant he would have to go soon. It felt like it was way too early to wake up just yet, it was too cold out there beyond the edge of the bed and it'd be cruel to make her get up now. At these small thoughts she slowly tightened her grip on him, burying her face into his side once she was finished yawning​. He was too warm and comfortable for his own good, but of course she was likely to never admit that aloud. Ever. That would be much too embarrassing for her, she would die right on the spot. Not really but...she would certainly hide. She peeked up at him once he asked of she had slept alright, debating on if she wanted to admit to that truth or dib a little. If she was being honest with at least herself that had been the best sleep she had gotten in a very long time. He wouldn't be so mean as to tease her she knew, but she couldn't give him everything. "...mmm, maybe..."she mumbled, deciding to play coy about it though she was sure she just sounded stubborn and tired. Well, she was those things seeing as she didn't want to get up and she still felt sleepy. It was his fault, she would blame him.

Ellie glanced at Kai as he moved towards the hall, unsure where he was going but she wouldn't ask. Unable to even find her voice she quietly sat down on the couch and took off her boots, thinking that the first thing that she needed to do before anything else was to relax a little bit. It would help her think more clearly and just breathe normally. She sighed softly and took off her jacket next, throwing it over the back of the couch as she thought about the events of the night. Every time she closed her eyes she could see it, Kai's hand covered in blood, Miles on the ground bleeding out...it still had her feeling a little shaky although she was not upset or afraid. At least not of Kai. Never before has anyone nearly ripped out someone's heart over her, it was a new feeling and honestly not one she entirely liked. The idea of death scared her and though she didn't particularly like Miles for the things he said about Kai, she did wonder if his friends had gotten to him in time. Kai told her what happened to his kind when caught in the sun and it was a little sickening. To think that someone could be there and then suddenly not...it made her want to protect Kai even more, she couldn't lose him like that...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed May 17, 2017 2:58 am

(I am very prepared! XD Oh I know, confetti is hard to get rid of but my gosh, glitter spreads and never leaves. XD He sleeps on rare occasions, very rare. XD)

Crypt chuckled softly "Stubborn..." he replied gently, threading his fingers through her hair again. He hadn't intended to fall asleep himself and quite honestly he was feeling a little self-conscious about it. There was a chance she didn't know...would she care if he did? It was so rare that he slept, being busy all the time, and yet her presence had brought him such warmth and comfort. My, my...what have you done to me? he pondered, observing her gentle features. If there was one word he could use to describe her in this moment, it would've been adorable. Her sleepy nature, persistent stubbornness, and small yawns. "You'll have to get up sometime sleepy head..." he commented light-heartedly, his tone unusually gentle this morning. Despite these words he didn't wish to get up, a small part of him wishing they could lie there for the entirety of the day. For just a moment he resented his work, but that feeling quickly washed away. He was the leader of the city right now, he couldn't afford to regret his work for even a moment. The Rebels couldn't witness even a moment's hesitation. Perhaps today you can join me... he thought, observing Pyra. It was a risky idea, but if she was to become...a permanent person in his life, then the Rebels had to grow accustomed to her being at his side...right?

(Poor Ellie...that last line hurt a little. 'she couldn't lose him like that...' ;-; )

Kai felt unsteady on his feet, as if the floor was slowly tipping from underneath him. He let out a heavy sigh and splashed some cold water on his face, trying to shock the nerves back into him. Once he collected himself again he examined his clothing, frowning a little. The dark gray shirt was speckled with blood as was the black leather vest, a disappointment being that was his favorite outfit. There wasn't much he could do about it at the moment though, turning and exiting the bathroom. He entered the living room and stood sheepishly off to the side, his gaze flickered towards Ellie. Kai nervously chewed at his lip, hooking his thumbs into his jean pockets. He ran over possible things he could say and yet nothing seemed fitting enough. Did he apologize for what he did? Did she care? Should he just start up small talk or would that seem too nonchalant? Gah...I don't know what to do... he frowned a little bit. "U-um Ellie..." he began although he trailed off, not sure where to go from there.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat May 20, 2017 5:51 pm

[Good! XD Mhm, you can use it once and still find it years later, even in places where you didn't use it! XD Hmm, well I suppose Pyra just has the magic touch. c:]

Pyra shook her head slightly, she wasn't stubborn she was just very sleepy still. Didn't everyone act like this when just waking up? Unless they were a morning person which she most definitely was not as she liked to lounge in bed for a while after waking up. Her bed was comfortable and so it couldn't be helped, more so today seeing as Crypt made it even more impossible to want to get up. He was so warm, it was almost unfair. Yet she wasn't complaing, much, she was enjoying this tiny moment...it was so peaceful. It was a few, short moments before she registered that he spoke again, her eyes slowly opening as she blinked at him. "No, I don't...I have to rest or...won't heal for...that trip into...the city..."she mumbled, her eyes closing again. Though it may not seem like it she was waking up more and more as the time passed, her consciousness becoming more aware of her surroundings. Almost able to hear the sounds beyond the door she knew it wouldn't be long before she was fully awake and ready to...do something. Pyra wasn't a Rebel anymore, she had almost forgotten about that, and she was to be babysat whenever she went out. Her life was certainly changing, but she was willing to make things easier for him.

[Ugh, I know. Don't remind me. DX It's heartbreaking. ;-;]

Ellie was quiet, staring at nothing in the room in particular and thinking of even less. Her mind was blank which was probably a good thing right then since her thoughts could make things worse for her and she was trying to relax and stay that way. Of course the image of what had happened was​ still there in her mind, but she knew she had to figure out how she felt and talk to Kai about it. They would have to talk about it. She closed her eyes and lightly rubbed at her face, it was then she realized that at some point she had started crying. There was a dampness on her cheeks and she wasn't entirely sure why it was there. Had it been because of what happened? Or had it been what she had been thinking about? About Kai? She didn't have too much time to think about it, quickly wiping her face as she heard the bathroom door opening and footsteps coming out. He was finished doing whatever it was he was​ doing, and she hoped she looked fine...she didn't want him to know she'd been crying. "...what Kai...?"
Last edited by Icy on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.