The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Mathias gazed at her for a moment and offered a tiny shrug, still not confident he deserved the gratitude. In his opinion he had only done what anyone else would've. Despite his darker nature these days, he wasn't heartless and would've never forgiven himself had he just left her there. The Nightwalkers would've gotten to her surely. Mathias reached up to comb his fingers through his messy hair, suddenly feeling more self-conscious for whatever reason. Perhaps it was from his lack of social interaction lately. He looked at her again and blinked, taking a moment to consider his options. He shook his head "I'll be fine..." he tried to reassure her. Although he'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little nervous about going out into the city full of Nightwalkers. He frowned "I'd hate to be any more of a bother..." he added.

Kai could still hear Miles calling after him, his taunts and jeers piercing his ears. He grimaced but once they were out of sight of the nasty Nightwalker, he slowed down a little. He chewed on his lip nervously, walking beside Ellie now but his hand still gently clasped hers. Her hand was warm and comforting to him, calming in a way. "Would it? He deserves it..." he mumbled quietly, his eyes flashing dangerously. He was a Nightwalker after all, killing shouldn't be a problem for him. I really don't fit in on either side do I? he thought with a heavy sigh. He smiled a little bit though and glanced at her for a moment before looking away. "Mmm but what if you had gotten hurt?" he pointed out quietly. He continued to walk, weaving their way through a few alley ways. At this time there would be less Nightwalkers in the alleys and more in the streets.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Adalei studied him closely, again noting the way he acted as if he were uncomfortable. She wasn't a mind reader so she had no idea what was wrong, running a hand through her own hair as if affected by his mood. It was strange as it's never happened to her before, she's never been overly empathic though she did feel others' moods at times. Yet usually only with those she was close to was she typically affected like this. She shrugged it off however and shook her head when she heard his voice again, he was certainly a stubborn thing. He was much like a mule in that aspect. "It would be more of a bother to me if you went out there and possibly got yourself killed." Sure he could most likely handle himself, but he was like a newborn against a group of Nightwalkers. It'd be useless to fight more than three at once for vampires, and humans could just forget about it. Insanity, that's what it was. "Just because you were a jerk doesn't mean you have to go on a suicide mission."

Hearing Miles still calling out to try and make Kai angry made her eabt to turn around and slap him. That wasn't like her, but she could dream. "Do you really want to kill someone out of anger Kai? To be like him? Like Kellan?" She knew it was harsh, but if he killed Miles just because he said a few things he didn't like then that made him no better. If that was the route he wanted to go then there was no turning back and she would have to walk away. Waking up everyday never knowing who it was that was going to be behind his eyes...she wouldn't be able to take it. Yet before she could explain he spoke once again and she stiffened. Ellie knew he wasn't one to know the right things to say in any situation, but she still felt a little hurt by his words. "...are you saying it's better I hurt mentally than physically?" Clearly he hasn't been paying attention lately. She looked away, staring at the sidewalk with a frown on her face.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:05 pm

Mathias stared at her, not quite sure what to make of her. He honestly didn't think she'd care much for his safety, especially after what he did. Strange human... he thought before offering a defeated shrug. "Then where exactly am I to go?" he said, crossing his arms over his chest. He rocked back and forth on his heels a little bit. He looked away and sighed softly. "Nightwalkers are such a pain...." he grumbled with a small pout. He really just wanted to go home but she had a fair point. It was near insanity for anyone to go outside at night, it was essentially asking for death to come upon you. He was certain he could handle one or two Nightwalkers, but some of them hunted in packs...and that's what scared him.

Kai flinched a little as she spoke, bowing his head as if ashamed. They turned into another alley way but he paused half-way through it, turning to face Ellie. He raised his gaze to meet her's and tilted his head, studying her quietly for a moment. His eyes still glowing a bright red through the darkness. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you." he began gently. His eyes seemed to soften a little, the tension falling away from his shoulders. "Anger gets the best of me sometimes...but I wouldn't kill Miles. Perhaps it makes me a pathetic Nightwalker but I'm not keen on killing anyone. Taking a life..." he trailed off and winced. Kai took a deep breath and looked back towards the street, watching as a few dark figures raced by. Fortunately, not taking notice of them. "No...I didn't mean for it to sound that way." he closed his eyes before looking back at her again. "I don't want you to hurt at all Ellie...I know it's not by choice..." he trailed off again and groaned softly. "Gah I'm sorry, all of this is so new to me. I never know what to say or do, I don't know if I'm doing anything right." he rambled.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Adalei nodded triumphantly when he finally agreed, biting the inside of her cheek as she thought about his question. Where was he to go? There were only a few options here... and she wasn't sure how thrilled he'd be with the ones she did have. Unfortunately he would just have to bend a little. "You can either get a room for the night, if you don't have the money I'll pay for it and you can pay me back later, or there's extra blankets and pillows in the closet that I can lay out on the floor for you." She replied. No way was she sharing a bed with him, she didn't know him well enough for that and even if she did they'd have to make a divider to put between them. The extra blankets would help there too, but no. "Well...they're Nightwalkers, I think they were created to be a pain. If Daywalkers won't terrorize humans why not create a group that will? Terrorizing your kind is just an added bonus." Of course she was just speculating, but she did wonder if that's how Nightwalkers came to be. One possible scenario out of many.

Ellie avoided his gaze, feeling a little bit nervous when he stopped in the middle of a dark alleyway. She didn't seem surprised when he claimed that his anger got the best of hi from time to time, he did seem to have a bit of a temper and she had experienced it a bit when they and first met. He always seemed so angry with her back then and yet he stuck around. Now they were in this confusing jumbled up mess. "You're not a killer Kai...no one is if they don't want to be no matter what stupid label society throws at them!" She snapped, not specifically at him but his words. It was society, the people of this city, that made​ him feel as if he had to be a true Nightwalker and she was frustrated with it. Labels were just words, they meant nothing. They only had power if people gave it to them. After a moment she took a deep breath, forcing herself to relax as she finally looked at him. There was no anger in her silver eyes but there was pain, and frustration. "I'm always going to hurt, Kai. There's no changing that." She said calmly, glancing at the end of the alleyway as the figures ran across. This was not the safest place for them to be, but at least they weren't noticed. "No one does...and what may seem right to one may not to another. You just have to keep trying​..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:58 pm

Mathias watched her as she laid out some options, none of which he was pleased with but he had to go with one of them. As tempting as getting his own room was, he didn't have money and didn't have a job to pay her back either. "I'll uh...just sleep on the floor..." he muttered softly. Sleeping on the floor wasn't a big deal as he was used to it. Sometimes he would just burrow down in some abandoned building and sleep on the floor, those were only when he couldn't make it back home before dark. He looked at her again and tilted his head a bit, a small smile slipped across his lips. It was true that Daywalker didn't really terrorize the humans, the Nightwalkers seemed to take all that glory for themselves. "Believe it or not, Daywalkers hardly consider Nightwalkers even the same species." he said quietly.

Kai, despite their rather deep conversation, was obviously keeping a close eye out for any approaching Nightwalkers. Fortunately, there was a good chance they would simply think Ellie was Kai's meal. If there's one thing a Nightwalker has is respect for another's meal. It was a sickeningly good moral to have he supposed. He looked down at their hands quietly, taking in her every word. "I'm not a killer...but I have killed before." he pointed out gently, seemingly his anger having faded away entirely. It wasn't like he ever did it on purpose, the Nightwalker prey just simply had a lower rate of surviving. Curiously, Kai laced his fingers through her's oddly comforted by the warmth of her hand against his. He raised his gaze again to meet Ellie's, tilting his head a bit. He nodded, but deep down he would never except that she would always be hurt. She deserved happiness..."You're stubbornly wonderful you know that?" he muttered, a tiny smile curling up at the corner of his lips. "Why you haven't thrown me out yet I'll never know." he then nodded towards the end of the alleyway. "We should...probably get home."

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Adalei nodded, looking towards the closet and then down st her hands. They were filthy, covered in dirt and blood. It wasn't a mixture she wanted to get on clean materials he would be sleeping on. He may not complain about it, but she wouldn't have it. "I'll take a shower first before I mess with the blankets..."she muttered, glancing at his clothes. Unfortunately she didn't have any clothes for him, but she did have a set of pajamas that might fit him he could use. There had been an off white pair resting on the bed along with a robe when she first got here, they were too big for her and she had brought her own. "...you can take one too if you want. Those pajamas on the desk might fit you, you can have them." Maybe she was too nice for her own good but she hardly cared what anyone thought. Mathias might have caused her injury and believed she should throw him because of it, but she just didn't see it that way. She didn't trust him now, but that was different. "Well...Nightwalkers are said to be a subspecies of vampires from what I have read so...Daywalkers are technically correct." Daywalkers and Nightwalkers had so many differences and barely any similarities, from what she's heard even their fangs were different so they really couldn't be compared could they? It was a curious thought, one she would have to ponder later when she had time.

Ellie didn't pull away when he laced his fingers through her own, keeping her senses open. Her aura was still up but it dropped a bit with the distraction of everything. "As have I, your point...?" She asked, not seeing it. When she had first been turned she kept from feeding because she despised it, but the more she did that the more she killed when she frenzied. As she grew older she accepted​ that she needed to feed to avoid it and killed less, but with age came other issues, and Sin, and she still killed. At this point she didn't know how​ much blood was on her hands, but she knew it was far more than Kai considering she was a lot older. He didn't know that though, and she wasn't quite ready to tell him she had been born in Medieval times yet. "I'm just me, and I don't think she's that wonderful. As to why I haven't kicked you out, I see no reason. You haven't hurt me, you haven't given me up despite knowing about my gifts." Her gifts were curses, but they were hers and she had to keep them from falling into the wrong hands. "Yeah...we should."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Mathias gazed at Adalei as she spoke and nodded a little bit, not really having much else to say. He wasn't one for conversation these days, preferring to keep his thoughts to himself. "Alright..." he mumbled a little and turned to leave the bathroom. He wasn't sure if he would bother changing, even though his clothes weren't in the best condition. He supposed he'd have to get some new ones eventually, already his jeans were gaining holes and frayed edges. Then again, it'd be nice to sleep in clean clothes. She was being kind to him and he didn't understand it. He's done nothing to earn such kindness, in some ways it frustrated him. Humans... he thought with a soft sigh, she didn't make any sense to him. He paused when she mentioned the Nightwalkers and nodded a bit. "You read a lot?" he asked curiously, turning his head to peer over at her. He didn't think there was any literary works on vampires, other than the so called 'myths and legends'. It was interesting to view Nightwalkers as a subspecies, it would explain the differences no doubt.

Kai gazed at her quietly, tilting his head a bit. He supposed, being vampires, it was nearly impossible to go your entire life without killing someone at some point. Whether it was on purpose or not. He offered a tiny shrug "Fair enough..." he replied softly, clearly wanting to move away from the topic. It sent chills through him, made his blood run cold. Despite everything though, he didn't regret being a vampire, everything has its perks and consequences. Being a Nightwalker was one of those consequences though he had long since grown tired of trying to fight that side of him, he was what he was and there was no changing that. Kai glanced at her again and smirked faintly, shaking his head a little bit. It was true though, he wouldn't give up on her simply because of her gifts and he certainly wasn't going to hurt her. "You've changed me in ways I'll never understand Ellie..." he said quietly. He looked towards the sky for a moment before he turned and started walking, heading towards the house again. Mildly nervous that he hadn't gotten a chance to feed but by this point it was too late and too dangerous.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Adalei moved out of the bathroom after him and walked to the bed to get her pajamas that were just thrown on it. More or less she had been in a bit of a rush that morning, every morning, to get out and search for him. Hopefully it was over and she could sleep in for a couple days, but she knew that she would have to keep tabs on him in case he tried a disappearing act in her after this. Now that she had found him she couldn't lose sight him again, but she didn't know how well that was going to work out. She would just have to take this one step at a time and remain patient as well as cautious. "I'll take a shower first, you can use that time to decide...shouldn't take long even without one arm." She smiled, going to her bag to get some a few things she needed. He probably didn't understand why she was being so nice after he hurt her, but he would come to learn that that was just the way she was. "Yes. I was born in a small town where all I had to do was read. I kept up with it even after I left, everything from books to newspapers really." It was her 'thing,' and though she didn't believe every single thing she's ever read she did like to keep it all in mind.

There were some days that Ellie still wished she wasn't a vampire, but for the most part she's grown to accept what she was. It happened for a reason and though she still did not know that reason she would live in the hopes of some day finding it. Perhaps it was to help those like Alice and Kai, to make their lives a little less empty and in a way to make her own life a little less empty. Alice in the end died and it still hurt her to think about her, but she liked to think that Alice was happier because of her. Maybe Kai was her next task and hopefully she could keep him happy, as well as alive. She glanced at him and smiled lightly, squeezing his hand in reassurance to him, and herself. "Probably not, but I learned from someone I once​ knew long ago that not everything is meant to be understood." That someone was Claire...her whole family had been wise. "Besides, I haven't understood a thing about you since the day I met you Kai." She half mumbled, walking after him.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:50 am

Mathias lingered in the middle of the room for the most part, watching her with silent curiosity as she moved about. Gathering up pajamas and talking to him rather casually he might add. His eyes gleamed softly as he tilted his head a bit, studying her but saying nothing. She was such a strange human and he simply couldn't figure out why she remained kind to him. He nodded a little as she mentioned the shower and took a deep breath, not sure what he was going to do. He cleared his throat softly "Reading is good..." he replied, not sure what else to say. He was never much of a reader himself, then again he wasn't really sure who he was any more much less what he enjoyed in life. He looked away and scanned the room quietly, taking it all in. It was a fairly nice room and she seemed to keep it rather tidy. Of course, he had no intentions of lingering here long. He figured he'd be out of here by the time the sun rose in the sky. Surely by now she wanted nothing more to do with him.

Kai felt the pressure of Ellie's hand against his, the reassuring grip that seemed to ease his nerves. He couldn't explain it, couldn't even begin to put into words the sense of...safety he felt. It was so odd in a time so dangerous, for a Daywalker to make him feel like this. His dark gaze trailed over the gentle smile that curled at her lips, feeling his own turn up a little at the corners. His gaze lingered for a moment longer before he adverted his attention to leading them safely out of the grasps of the city. Still clasping her hand in his, a silent promise to never let her go. It seemed as though they had a funny way of balancing each other out, protecting one another. He chuckled softly, seemingly a little more at ease now. "Mmm I have a feeling we're both no closer to understanding one another either." he replied. "I think it keeps our relationship...interesting, mysterious." A light smirk trailed across his lips, a warm playful tone entering his words.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:35 am

Adalei moved back towards the bathroom, glancing back at him with a small tilt of her head. "Well you learn a lot... and it keeps you occupied when you don't have that many friends." In a way the characters became a person's friend, to the point you worry if they get hurt and you can't wait to see what happens next in their story. Some would argue that was just one's imagination at work and she supposed they were correct, but she liked to think there was more to it than that. That imagination was there for a purpose and most of the world has just forgotten how to use it to their fullest extent, or at all. This however wasn't the time to be thinking about that as she shook her head, resting a hand on the edge of the door as her focus returned to Mathias. "I shouldn't be long, and don't go getting my blankets dirty or I'll have to make you regret it." She said light-heartedly, gently closing the door before she set her clean clothes on the bathroom counter and set to work. This was going to be a little difficult, but she would manage it. Somehow.

Ellie nudged him gently, biting back the smirk that wished to fall across her lips, along with the concern that desired to appear in her eyes. They weren't too far from safety, but there was still a bit of room to worry. Yet with Kai here she felt safe and she didn't feel as confused about that albeit a bit wary of it. Life certainly chose the strangest of times to throw another being for her to care about at her, not to mention it was risky although he's already made it pretty clear he wasn't going anywhere. Maybe all this really was for the best, she truly wished to think that way for her own peace of mind at least. "I'd have to agree. The more time I spend with you the more confused I am by you. You make no sense and I'm not sure if that's because you're male or just in general." This time she couldn't keep the tiny smirk back as she teased him, tilting her head as she thought of his next few words. "Mysterious...? I...I guess we still don't really know each other...if that's what you mean..."she said almost under her breath, resting her free hand on her chin in a thoughtful manner. Now that he had mentioned it she realized there was so little she actually knew about him... and she hasn't opened up much either though her excuse was fear. What would he think if he knew the full truth...?