The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Jazz peered up at the portrait and twirled a strand of her dark hair around her index finger, her eyes gleaming brightly. "Who knows...I mean let's face it no one knows a thing about them. Not even Crypt. But can you imagine what it would be like to stand in their presence?" she let out a soft sigh and quickly shook her head, composing herself. "Though..." she paused and frowned, looking down at the ground. She glanced at Carlisle for a moment, studying him closely. "If I may speak freely..." she began carefully "I suspect Crypt has plans for them that he has told no one else..." The moment these words left her lips she seemed to regret speaking them, as if she had suddenly voiced doubts or uncertainty towards Crypt. She shook her head vigorously and moved towards the door again "Not my place to say such things, my apologies."

Crypt's eyes seemed the flash at this and he sat up a little more, shaking his head slowly. "My dear...I never lie. I don't always reveal everything but what I say is true. I wish to get to know you. If you wish me to be more blatantly honest I can do that," he said. The noise from outside the room grew closer and this drew Crypt to his feet. He remained calm, slowly edging his way closer to the door. "I'm afraid it appears the problem child has arrived sooner than I expected. Especially since the sun hasn't quite set," he said evenly, his gaze held on Ellie steadily. He recognized the presence on the other side of the door, he's come across this person a time or two before. A trouble maker, though he supposed most of their kind usually is.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:40 am

"All we can do is imagine what it would be like, but it would certainly make history." Or destroy it. Although Carlisle has imagined it many times, he ultimately wasn't sure if it would be a good thing to drag them out of hiding. They had to be happy with where they were if they indeed were hiding from the world, it would be wrong to disturb them. His thoughts were conflicting, but in the end his respect for others would always win. He of course wouldn't disobey Crypts' orders if told him to look for them, but...things happened. "It's healthy to have a little doubt and concern, it does not mean you lack faith in your leader." He muttered quietly, looking away from the portrait to glance at Jazz. This was the first instance of free thought he's seen from any of them, it was interesting to see and refreshing. It livened up his hopes that he could indeed teach some of them that learning wasn't harmful, for it wasn't. He had no plans to plant ideas in their heads, but he hoped to do as he told Crypt and at least hopefully have a few here he could have a proper conversation with every once in awhile. "I shall not tell a soul however. Your secret is safe with me."

You don't fool me. Ellie thought, biting the words back from leaving her lips. He definitely had a way with words, but she wasn't gullible and with how he reacted she found him even harder to believe. It was easy to see how he might convince others to blindly believe his every word, but being raised by a stubborn bunch made her equally as stubborn. "I'm no one." She replied instead, her face still portraying the same bored expression she donned when he entered the room. Was he even capable of being completely honest? She had doubts, but she didn't say anything since she was sure she made it obvious she wanted nothing to do with this situation. There were other things going on anyway and she refused to stay overnight. Although...his words caught her attention. It may be his nature to insult people he didn't like, but she suddenly had a strange feeling.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:55 am

Jazz peered over at Carlisle almost warily, studying him closely as if to see just how truthful he was being. Certainly there was nothing wrong with what she said, but she couldn't help but worry nonetheless. Some might see it as a lack of faith in Crypt and that was something that was absolutely unheard of amongst the Rebels. She nodded a little in a grateful way but didn't speak about it any further, as if to erase the fact it had been said at all. She motioned for him to follow and she headed out into the hallway, pausing when she heard the distant commotion from somewhere in the main hall of the palace. "Carlisle..." she began, brushing off the commotion. She had her assigned task the other Rebels would handle whatever was going on. "Why are you here?" she asked curiously, peering over at him again. "You aren't like most of the Rebels, you weren't turned by Crypt, this doesn't seem like the sort of place you would spend your days I guess..."

Crypt chuckled "Now that isn't quite true is it, Miss Ellie? Everyone is someone, I do believe in that much..." he responded but his gaze lingered on the door. His posture had grown sort of rigid, like a cat ready to pounce. He would admit she was a hard one to read, he always enjoyed those that could be read just about as much as a closed and locked book. Especially given they were so rare, it seemed like the vast majority of people he came across were an open book. Ones like Ellie, like Carlisle, like Orion, were something of intrigue to him. They were dangerous and that is perhaps exactly why he was drawn to them. "It's a pity, I was hoping we'd have more time..." he said just as the door to the room was suddenly thrown open. Two Rebels came tumbling through, both of them scrambling to get back to their feet.

"I said get off of me!" The sharp voice growled, brushing off his shirt as if he hadn't just forced his way through the Palace just to get to this room. Kai stood in the door way, his eyes glowing a vibrant, hungry red. His dark hair messy, clothes ragged from the tussle he'd encountered getting in here. Parts of his exposed skin was burned but gradually healing from playing peek-a-boo with the sun on the way here. "Augustine! Where is she?" he snarled, his fangs bared at Crypt.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:15 am

Carlisle chuckled to himself. "Try not to worry too much. We are wary creatures by nature." At least vampires were meant to be, humans were getting stronger with every generation and there were things out there that could bring them harm. Perhaps Crypt had trained this wariness out of the Rebels, but he couldn't be sure. They had been on their toes after he first snuck in here, but that had been defensiveness more than wariness. His gaze snapped to the side when he heard the commotion as well, but he didn't move for he felt no true danger. Jazz looked concerned but as she continued he relaxed a little more himself, thinking about her question. Why was he here? Well, he couldn't tell her the truth for he was sure she would tell Crypt. "Ah, but you were not turned by him either, were you?" He spoke, remembering what Crypt had said of those whom were in his council. "I lived here once...I left to travel awhile, now that I have returned seeing a someone new in charge caught my interest."

"I'm no one that matters." Ellie clarified, slightly annoyed but she did well to keep it hidden. He of all people would not get to her, too many just like him had and she simply refused to let anyone control her again. "I wasn't." She muttered under her breath, grateful for the interruption though she couldn't ignore this strange feeling. What it was she didn't know, but she wasn't left wondering long as the door burst open and a trio came tumbling through it. One of which she knew quite well and quite frankly she wasn't too happy to see him here. How he even knew where she was baffled here, she could've gotten lost in the city again for all he knew, why assume the worst? He knows them better than I do. "I'm right here..."she sighed, waving her hand a little as she noted the Smooth Talker's name. He hadn't told her of it.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Jazz smiled a bit and looked away "True..." she agreed lightly. Vampires were generally quite wary and naturally distrustful, yet there was something about Carlisle that just made him feel trustworthy to her. She tried not to dwell on it for too long, heading towards another door along the hallway. "No, I wasn't...none of the Council were. It's why he trusts us," she laughed softly "Odd isn't it? He trusts those not of his own more than those turned by him?" It was something she wondered off and on but ultimately never questioned it, to question it would be to question Crypt and that she simply would not do. She opened the door and slipped inside quietly, holding it open for Carlisle. "Really? You traveled..." she paused to look at him curiously "Outside of the wall?" Her voice dipped a little quieter as if afraid to speak such words a loud. She tilted her head "So you were here during the Officials' Reign then?"

Crypt held up his hands as if to plea innocent "Come now Mr. Krane, you know I don't hurt my welcomed guests..." he said lightly. Yet he was fascinated to observe that the moment Kai's gaze settled on Ellie, some of the agitation and stiffness edge away from him. A small smirk trailed across his lips, a Nightwalker that cared for someone other than themselves? That was unheard of as far as he was concerned, he supposed Kai got it from Orion's sickening kindness. Those turned often took on some of the traits from those who turned them after all. "You truly are the Bloodhound of the Nightwalkers aren't you?" he mused, clasping his hands in front of him.

Kai gazed at Ellie and he let out a soft breath of relief, she appeared unharmed. His gaze shifted towards Crypt and his eyes narrowed "Shut up..." he growled, clenching his hands tightly into fists. "We're leaving," he demanded, eyeing the two Rebels as they stood up and crouched slightly as if preparing to spring at him. A few more Rebels coming up behind him. So maybe barging in here wasn't the greatest idea he's ever had, but he did manage to do it quite well. He caught them off guard if anything and he knew they were careful with him. He had a record for being a bit...violent at times.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:09 am

Carlisle moved after her, a gentle smile on his lips. He didn't want to come across as too trusting, but he wanted her to be comfortable around him. The more trust he gained with those close to Crypt the higher his chances of staying were. The likelihood of him messing up were slim to none, but one could never have too many allies. "Well, from what I've read fledglings are at higher risk of turning against their masters because they are bound, those like you and I have a choice." He replied thoughtfully as he entered the next room after Jazz, unsure if what he read was entirely factual but it made sense to him in a way. Some masters weren't so kind to those they turn and he couldn't imagine staying loyal to a cruel being. Although he knew the master didn't always have to be cruel for their own to turn away from them, and sometimes it was the master who abandoned the fledging. "When I first left there was no wall so we were free to come and go as we wanted." The Officials cared for the city, but he didn't think they ever wished to turn it into a prison as the Rebels did. Orion was far from that type of man. "Yes, I was here when they ruled."

Ellie wasn't so sure that she wouldn't have come to harm by this man, but she bit her lip before any remarks could leave her lips. He already seemed discontent that she wasn't easy to get along with and she didn't want to give him a reason to lash out. Especially now that Kai was here. Her gaze quickly snapped to the others in the room as they moved, she didn't like how they positioned themselves around Kai. As if ready to take him down with a single order. "Leave him alone." She muttered, breaking that bored mask of hers as her desire to keep Kai safe woke up. The last thing she wanted to do was reveal that she had gifts to these people, but if she had to in order to protect someone she cared about then so be it. Her freedom mattered little in comparison. He shouldn't even be here, but she told them she had someone who would come looking for her and quite frankly she just really didn't want to see someone's chest ripped open again. His or anyones. "I think it best we leave now."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:21 am

Jazz strolled into the small room, one that was far cozier than most others of the palace. It held a small coffee table atop a rug, surrounded by plush maroon couches. Along the far wall was a small bar, but of course one that specifically catered to its Vampire customers. She stood off to the side of the room and glanced over at Carlisle "This is one of our...living rooms I suppose you can call it. Just a place you can sort of wind down and relax in," she explained. "It's a great place to visit if you want to meet some of our more...proper and well-behaved Rebels." She looked around the room briefly, seemingly lost in thought. She brushed aside whatever it was on her mind and looked at him again curiously. "Really? Well that would be certainly something wouldn't it," she mused thoughtfully "The Officials would love that wouldn't they? Unfortunately for them, I think Crypt has set a pretty good bond with his fledglings." Jazz drew her hair over her shoulder again, running her fingers along the black curls "No wall..." she whispered before quickly shaking her head. "Ah well we've always been told the world outside these walls is a harsh and dangerous one."

The Rebels surrounding Kai began to mumble and mutter amongst each other, scowling at him like he was the dirt beneath their heals. "Filthy Nightwalkers..." one of them hissed, "Wish you'd burn already..." another spoke up. Kai growled "I don't have time for your silly games," he demanded "You let us walk out of here without being followed and I promise to leave these fools intact..." his gaze shifted towards the violet-eyed creature lurking in the room. The Rebels cast quick glances over at Crypt, all they needed was one word. A single nod of approval and they would spring. Crypt held up his hand "As I have said before, she is a guest, not a prisoner..." his eyes narrowed in the slightest "You, however, are an unwelcomed intruder that so rudely broke into our home. Hardly proper manners don't you think?"

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Carlisle studied the room closely, noting how comfortable it appeared to be. It was the kind of room he could be found in with a book, or five, in his lap as he enjoyed an evening, or a few days, reading. However he would have to put reading on hold until he got the library cleaned and spoke to the more proper Rebels as Jazz had put it. His curiosity was peaked, he wondered more about their life, but his curiosities would have to wait for now. "It certainly looks cozy. I could live in here." He chuckled and that wasn't far from the truth. It was quite funny now that he thought about it. However he found himself displeased by her next words though he hid it well. "Perhaps." Unless they had changed their views in the time he was gone he was positive that the Officials would never wish for such a thing. "Well I was out there for a long time, and I assure you that I am still very much alive and in one piece. I think." He smirked, patting himself down as if to make sure he was indeed still alive. "The world can be dangerous, that is true, but it can also be just as beautiful."

Ellie wasn't pleased to find she had been ignored, her upset growing as she heard their foul remarks. Just because they were a bit different didn't mean that Nightwalkers deserved to be treated so poorly. Unfortunately she knew they would stick to their views. Soon she dropped her act altogether as she put herself between Augustine and Kai, keeping enough awareness to know where and what the others were doing as she glared at the man standing in front of her. "You don't threaten a guest to get them to come with you to meet their employer." The twins hadn't outright threatened her, but she definitely knew a subtle threat when she heard one. He had done so himself when asking her to sit down although she had been too stubborn to give in to that one. "As a guest I should be free to leave, with him." She had her doubts that he would be reasonable, but she still hoped as she felt the air around her stirring, reacting to her swift change in mood.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:36 pm

Jazz laughed softly "Well you're welcomed to come in here whenever you please," she said, making a sweeping gesture around the room. She smiled and looked him over as if verifying that he was indeed alive and in one piece. "Alright, that's a fair point," she remarked, crossing her arms over her chest. She turned and headed for the door again "There's a lot of rooms in this Palace that you're welcomed to look over, Crypt's only request is you stay out of the basement. He's picky about who's allowed in there," she commented simply. Making no attempts to further explain why it was that way. To be fair not even she knew the full extent behind his reasoning but of course like all Rebels, she didn't question it. She left the room and started down the hallway, humming quietly to herself as she considered if there were any other rooms she thought he might need to know about right away.

Kai looked at Ellie, almost surprised by putting herself between himself and Crypt. He was still adjusting to the fact that she didn't see him as most people saw Nightwalkers. He let her take the reins in dealing with Crypt and turned his attention on the Rebels that surrounded them, he was perfectly ready to fight each and every one of them. Even if he was sure to lose against their numbers, he was a fighter until the very end. Crypt observed this little scene play out and a small grin slipped across his lips. He felt it, the smallest shift in the air. That was a sign he had been looking for, it was at that moment he knew there was something about her she kept hidden. He couldn't say for sure of course and certainly not exactly what, but it was enough to prove there was something. He clasped his hands in front of him and sighed "I apologize is the Twins came at you with threats, that's certainly not what I asked of them," he replied simply "Though explain to me why you would help this Nightwalker. He's sure to bring you nothing but trouble."

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:34 pm

"I'll keep that in mind." Carlisle smiled warmly, looking around the cozy room one last time before he turned away to follow her. Everything about this place was so curious, it definitely wasn't the home he had left behind all those years ago. The layout was the same, but the feel was very different. Unrecognizable even, making him feel like a stranger in the midst of it all. Although one could argue that he was a stranger here now. "The basement...alright." He was intrigued by this but knew better than to question it. Crypt must have his reasonings for not wanting them to go down there and to be perfectly honest he wasn't a big fan of basements. Even when he had lived here before he didn't venture down there very often, only when he needed to for some task or another. "This place is so huge...I wonder if I will ever memorize my way..."he mumbled seemingly to himself, realizing how funny that sounded. Having traveled the world one would think this was a tiny feat in comparison to the stretches of land he's traversed. To be fair he had a guide most of the time, he wouldn't be able to find many of the places he visited on his own.

Ellie crossed her arms, clenching her hands to help keep control of her abilities. It was safe to say she didn't have full control over the weather one, it still reacted to her emotions, but she knew how to get it in check. Her gaze narrowed ever so slightly as she looked at Augustine, putting forth the effort to act as much of a normal moody teen vampire from this day and age as she could before she replied. "I don't owe you anything." She knew it was risky to be so defiant, but she had already proven that she wasn't an easy one to deal with. If he planned to enslave her he might as well just do it, but never would she tell someone she didn't trust the reasoning behind her actions. No matter what she went through, no matter how many tortured her, her mind and heart were her own. Any information she chose to give would be on her terms...Alice's stubbornness had really worn off on her. Let's just hope I didn't make him too angry...