The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Crypt motioned to the table as he walked over and took his seat at one end of the table, "Have a seat..." he offered with a wave of his hand. He sat down facing the window, his fingers drumming against the tabletop. "Ah yes, the architecture. A stunning Palace it is, the Officials have good taste I'll give them that," he commented indifferently. He had certainly admired the Palace from the beginning, always intrigued by the design. There were many myths surrounding the creation of the Palace. Some believed it was here long before the city was, other believed the Officials had built it just before the walls were put up. Crypt pondered the origins of the palace every now and then, but really that knowledge held little use to him. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, falling silent. He had a lot on his mind, trying to sort everything out. It wasn't long before Nicholas arrived in the doorway of the room, knocking on the wall lightly to get their attention.

"Crypt, we found that girl Airic mentioned a while back. You said you wanted to speak with her..." Nicholas announced, casting a quick glance at Carlisle. Crypt looked over at the Twin and frowned, surprised to only see Nicholas. Nicholas caught this gaze and smiled a bit "Airic is handling a situation, he'll be along shortly." Crypt nodded curtly and stood up, motioning Nicholas in.

"I'll handle the girl later, we have a meeting right now. Nicholas, this is Carlisle. Carlisle, this is Nicholas. Him and his brother are my top guards, they keep everything running smoothly around here. Keep the Rebels in order," Crypt explained looking over at Carlisle.

The two guards blinked as the door slammed shut, turning around to have their backs to the door. They stood guard to make sure Ellie didn't go anywhere, not that she would get far if she tried.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:43 am

Carlisle took a seat when he was asked, opting to stay near Crypt though not out of nerves or fear. Crypt was simply the only one he knew since he hadn't much time to get to know anyone, having spent most of it watching, and learning. He continued to study the room in content silence, making no comment on Crypt's statement. The Officials respected the Palace, from what he's seen so far the Rebels did the same. It was a place that stood apart from time itself, it deserved every bit of it. His attention was drawn from his thoughts as a young man entered, speaking something about a girl they found for Crypt which didn't sit well with him. Was he going around capturing girls? What for? If there was one thing he would never do it was hurt a woman or child, but he knew it was bad to assume. He stood when introduced to the young man now known as Nicholas, dipping his head respectfully. If this was one of Crypt's highest guards he had to make a good impression. "Pleasure to meet you."

[I'll post again for Ellie when Crypt comes for her, not much for her to do right now!]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:22 am

Nicholas studied Carlisle, looking him over briefly. It wasn't often Crypt brought someone new in, at least, not one he hadn't turned himself. He stepped forward to extend his hand towards Carlisle "And you as well," he responded politely. They only heard briefly of Carlisle, but it was his first time seeing him in person. After all, news traveled fast among the Rebels. He dipped his head a little and looked between the two "I'll go fetch Airic for the meeting," he announced.

Crypt nodded simply, looking towards the door as a few more Rebels started to filter into the room. He'd make more introductions once the meeting started. Unfortunately some of the planned discussions would have to wait, after all, he didn't trust Carlisle enough to bring him into those discussions. Perhaps in time, but that was just it, in time.

There were about nine Rebels that crept into the room after Nicholas, quiet unlike their fellow counterparts. They seemed reserved, curious, and polite. A neutral gleam in their eyes and a calm air about them. Whereas the majority of the Rebels certainly had a higher energy to them, a more fierce nature. It wasn't hard to see why Crypt had chosen these select few to be a part of the Rebel council. They were his most trusted Rebels, the ones least likely to ever betray him. Most surprising of all, not a single one of them had been turned by Crypt. All had faced some tragedy that Crypt had swooped in on, taking them under his wing, guiding them into the life of immortality. Crypt walked over to each and every one of them to greet them, speaking with each separately before motioning for them to take their seats.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:10 am

Carlisle took his hand and gave it one firm shake, feeling his nerves from before easing away. Confidence was key and in a room where he would soon be surrounded by vampires he needed all that he could get. A vampire could sense unease from miles away and though a fellow vampire was harder to read than a human he needed to be careful. He didn't know what sorts of gifts any of them had, if they could read minds or what else. They each had to have something that piqued Crypt's interest, just as his own had. His gaze moved to his hand as he pondered this, stepping back towards his seat in silence. There was much he has yet to learn, but the longer he was here the more intrigued he found himself to be. The Rebels, Crypt, and his vision of this world. He did not share a similar opinion on the world with this man, but it was still interesting to see how he viewed it. What he thought was best for it. Every leader had their own ways, it was peculiar.

His attention moved back up as he sensed others entering the room, staying on his feet to appear more respectful to them. These were the people he had to impress most, after Crypt, and he didn't wish to start off on a negative note. He wasn't entirely sure who they were exactly, but seeing how few there were they had to hold some importance to them. Perhaps his most trusted guards...that certainly made the most sense. Carlisle studied them closely, remaining silent as Crypt did what he needed to do, even if he wanted to say something he didn't know what to say. In situations like this, where he was the stranger, it was best to let them speak to him first. A "don't speak unless spoken to" type of situation. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he felt...enthusiastic.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:57 am

Crypt returned to his spot at the table once all the Rebels had taken their seats, including the Twins who slipped in silently. He remained standing, leaning forward to press his hands against the table "Pleased to see you all made it," he started "I know we've all been rather busy lately with the situations happening downtown." He stood back and clasped his hands together, making a small gesture towards Carlisle "We'll start with introductions, this is Carlisle. He has proven to be of great help to me, I see him having a place among our people." As Crypt briefly explained this all eyes turned on Carlisle, studying him closely. Crypt let them soak the moment in before continuing "Carlisle, these are the Twins. Airic and Nicholas," he started making a small gesture to the pair sitting on his right. "Then Esme and her husband James, they're in charge of making sure all the Rebels' needs are taken care of." The young woman stood with her husband to greet Carlisle. Crypt smiled a bit "Then we have Solstice and her sister Eclipse, they're in charge of running the patrols and handling any situations that pop up," he continued gesturing towards a duo. Solstice with stark blonde hair and her sister with raven black, they both stood as well to greet him. "Continuing we have Marcus, he's my planner. Helps me coordinate events and plans." The tall, brown haired man stood and greeted Carlisle with a smile. "Nikki and Ollie are the head trainers of the Rebels, they help train all the new people." Nikki smiled and greeted Carlisle enthusiastically, Ollie simply nodded in his direction. "Finally, Jazz and Tom. They help with a little bit of everything. Jazz will be in charge of guiding you..." Crypt said. At this, a young woman stood to greet Carlisle, extending her hand towards him. "I look forward to showing you the ropes," she said with a bright smile.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Carlisle studied each one of them as they were introduced, feeling their scrutiny of him. The curiosity. In the back of his mind he wondered what's been happening downtown but he didn't ask about it for many reasons. His bright gaze moved from the Twins down the line to Jazz, each one appeared to be kind though he had no way of truly knowing that without speaking to them on his own. People were often misleading in appearance. There were a lot of names to remember, but he didn't worry too much about that. His memory of his past may be foggy, but his memory since has proven to be in fair condition. "A pleasure to meet all of you." He replied politely, turning to Jazz as the woman held her hand out to him. She would be helping him settle in, he was curious of the things she had to teach him. This world was so new to him and he was open to the idea of learning everything he could. After all he never missed an opportunity to gain new knowledge of any kind. "And I look forward to learning under you." He smiled, tugging on his glove before reaching out to take her hand. They've never fallen off, but with a gift like his he liked to be cautious. Now especially, he didn't wish to hurt any of them by accident, that wouldn't bode well he was sure. Each one seemed protective of their fellow Rebel, even if they didn't actively show it.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Jazz dipped her head and shook his hand firmly, "We'll speak more after the meeting," she said lightly and stood back. Crypt looked between all of them before gesturing to their seats "Please, sit," he said and took his own seat. He clasped his hands in front of him, resting his elbows on the table. He needn't say anything as the council knew the ropes. They went around the table to give their reports, though it was clear they were leaving out specifics and details on things. Offering a 'the situation was handled' or a 'theyshowed up again.' Crypt nodded a little, making a mental note to seek them out later to speak in further detail. The Rebels knew to be careful around people unknown to them, only when Crypt gave them the notice would they be able to speak freely around Carlisle. Until then it would be vague phrases that only the select few would understand what was going on. For the time being they paid Carlisle no mind other than a curious glance every now and then. They moved onto discussing the status of the Rebels and anything that needed to be seen too. It was bit of a lengthy meeting but when it finally concluded Crypt stood and thanked them all. His gaze shifted towards Carlisle "I'll leave you to Jazz, I'll speak with you later to see how you're doing. Feel free to speak with any of the Rebels," he said simply. It was a off-hand way of saying the Rebels approved of Carlisle's presence here, he would need to prove his loyalty but the initial judgement had passed.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:49 am

Carlisle nodded in response and took his seat when all were asked to sit. They were cautious of him which he expected, he wasn't a part of this meeting of theirs. There were things they didn't want him to know, obvious by how they spoke so vaguely, and he could respect that. e contemplated offering to leave so they could speak openly but then thought better of it a moment later, they probably wouldn't appreciate him interrupting them for something trivial like that. Instead he settled for gazing out a nearby window, listening enough in case someone said his name or spoke directly to him. One might think it disrespectful to turn your back but he thought it to be even more so to listen in on a conversation that did not involve him. His place here wss insignificant as of now. Until the time came that he proved himself. As the meeting seemed to come to an end and Crypt stood he returned his full attention back to the others, looking at the man. "Alright. Until later." He dipped his head before looking to Jazz with a curious but nervous gaze. This was going to be interesting.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Crypt bid each Rebel a personal goodbye, shaking the hands of a few, kissing the cheeks of others, in return they thanked him and offered small words of farewell. It was a quick and quiet process, one they encountered at least once a week. Crypt was a busy man so it wasn't like they spoke with him all the time, only when something came up. The Twins took to either side of Crypt and followed him out the room, he offered a simple wave of farewell to Carlisle. Not a word was spoken more. There was a stretch of silence until the door clicked closed behind him. That was when everyone began gathering up and speaking amongst each other, the air falling to a more informal relaxed nature. That was also when the young woman, Jazz, made her way around the table to greet Carlisle, extending her hand once more to greet him more formally. "Carlisle, it's a pleasure to meet you. Crypt mentioned there may be someone for me to look after but he wasn't specific. I'm sure you've noticed by now, he can be a bit mysterious and vague at times," she laughed. Her dark green eyes looked him over briefly "Sharp looking young man, polite, formal, I can see why he selected you for a possible council role. Though, I don't mean to pry but..." she paused "I assume you have a certain gift that's caught his attention."

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:17 pm

Carlisle watched the exchange between Crypt and his Rebel Guards curiously, it was interesting to see the many sides of him. He was cold and calculated, but he had these pleasant moments as well where one could argue that he was a kind man. Whether or not he personally believed it he wasn't sure yet, but it mattered little for he planned to stay neutral while he was here. His magenta gaze moved from Crypt as he left the room to Jazz as she approached him, holding her hand out. It seemed silly, they hadn't shaken hands that long ago but he reached out and took hers anyway, dipping his head. "The pleasure is all mine." He chuckled. "I have noticed that, but I don't think there's anything wrong with a little mystery." Mysteries kept life interesting, it's what drove his curiosity and will to learn. Without is he wasn't sure where he would be. He looked up as Jazz's voice filled the air again, feeling suprised. A council position? That wasn't something he had expected but he didn't say anything as Jazz went on, biting back a sigh. His gift. "I suppose you could say that though I hope that's not all I'll be known for." Carlisle wasn't ashamed of his gift, it's part of who he was, but it wasn't the easiet to talk about. However she was to help him settle in so he supposed he should tell her. "I always wear gloves because I can cause pain, even death, just by touching someone."