The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:11 am

Crypt strode down the long hallway, clasping his hands behind him. The evening sun cast golden rays through the large windows, setting the hall in orange hues. His gaze ran over the rooms that lined the hall before peering over at the fair-haired man behind him. “I believe a room close to the library would suit you?” He said in a way that seemed to be an offer, as if Carlisle had a choice here. He had a way with words, that was largely why he was so successful. There were those in this world that could see through his words however, a glimpse behind the mask. Crypt did indeed think a room by the library would suit both of their desires here. Unbeknownst to Carlisle at the time, the Twins shared a room down this hall. The Twins were two of the most loyal Rebels and higher up on the food chain, they would be able to keep an eye on Carlisle for him. While this served Crypt’s purpose, it would suit Carlisle as well if he so desired to tend to the library as he claimed he would. The Rebel Leader may be cold and cautious, but he did often ensure those loyal to him would win a little something in return for their service. For now, a room close to the library was that gift to Carlisle for his claims of trustworthiness. Loyalty would be tested in time. Perhaps this is a man who can rise in our ranks, Crypt mused, looking at Carlisle sideways. He seemed smart, calculating, and respectable. Crypt imagined he would quickly move up in the tiers of the Rebel army. “A challenge keeps life interesting, I think you will do well,” he commented casually and slowed down as he approached an empty room. “Ah yes, as much as I like you…the opinions of those close to me, matter,” he continued “Hmm once upon a time I was the sole authority among the Rebels, we were small then…” he trailed off with a wave of his hand. “I will place you under the guidance of one of my advisors, they will show you the ropes.” Of course, Crypt Augustine hadn’t quite figured out who would take Carlisle under their wings yet. He had some time to think things over.

Nicholas could sense Ellie’s exasperation long before she spoke, and he sighed heavily. He stepped forward and muttered quietly in his brother’s ear. Airic tilted his head as he listened, his sharp gaze never leaving Ellie. His eyes flickered with recognition “Ellie…the girl who caught our employer’s interest,” he commented mostly to himself. He smirked faintly “Funny running into you again and just then the weirdest thing happened to this young fellow,” he gave the unconscious vampire a small kick in the side. In complete honesty Airic wasn’t sure if Ellie was responsible for the strange occurrence or not, but something she had said to them upon their first meeting had stuck with him. There was something about her…He grinned and stepped forward “Well Miss, I hate to ask this of you…but I’m going to need you to come with us. Just real quick I swear, our boss just wants to talk to you.” Nicholas stared Airic down, his lips pressed in a firm line. “Airic, just let her go. We have more important things to worry about,” he commented with a dramatic gesture towards the vampire at their feet. Airic waved his twin off “Nicky, please…” he whispered. Nicholas rolled his eyes and turned away, kneeling down to grasp the vampire by his arms.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:45 am

Carlisle was indeed smart enough to know that Crypt wasn't giving him a choice, and though he could feign innocence to this something told him Crypt would appreciate his honesty even more. What good would their working relationship be if it was built entirely on lies? Not to mention that he's already proven he isn't as blind as his other followers. "Please Crypt, I am sure we both know the truth here. Not that I mind at all, I know I have much to prove until the time comes that I don't need a babysitter." He spoke smoothly, an amused smirk on his pale lips, and it did make sense to him. The people Crypt truly trusted were surely spread throughout the Palace, even close to the neglected library. It did make him curious as to just how many higher ups there were he, he assumed Crypt did not run everything alone but that didn't mean that there were that many. For all he knew there could be ten others in charge or as little as one. This way of ruling was interesting to him, much different from anything he was used to seeing even in his travels. He wasn't interested in adopting it but he was thinking of this as another learning experience. "I must admit it would also make it easier to keep up with library, I wouldn't have to travel as far. I will need to know where the cleaning supplies are however...if there is a closet for them or something?" Back in the day he used to have a closet just for such things, and he did assume that someone kept the rest of the Palace in order for how clean the halls were. "I will do my best..."he replied quietly, his thoughts turning to what he could teach these rebels but he had time to figure that out later. For now he needed to focus on the now. "I can understand that, they help you to keep this all running smoothly I'm sure and I shall try my best not to disappoint you or your Advisor. I am proud to be a quick study."

Ellie felt her blood run cold at his words, a painful chill that ran deep into her bones. People being interested in her was something she preferred to avoid. Nothing good ever came from it, only darkness and pain; evil uses she never wanted to be a part of again. All they ever wanted was her gifts, but they didn't know she had any, and she definitely didn't know who their employer was. Since coming here she's met very few people, including the Twins, she didn't count the woman who helped her as a proper meeting seeing as she had been unconscious for the most part and there was Kai. "How can I capture the interest of someone I've never even met?" She muttered, shoving her fear away. Fear wouldn't help a thing, it certainly wouldn't make the curiosity in his gaze go away. "You don't have to kick him..."she paused, shaking her head. "Drunk people pass out all the time." Over the past few years she's seen plenty of it, drunken humans and vampires alike pass out in the most random places. Airic couldn't very well prove she had done anything and she wouldn't give it away that she had. It was none of his or his employer's business. Ellie was feeling a little fiesty today to say the least, but she wasn't happy about it. "I have somewhere to be." She replied even though she had the feeling that what Airic said wasn't a request. He was cruel enough to kick a defenseless man, what would stop him from ordering around a woman? Sure she probably had time, Kai wouldn't likely be awake, but she doubted this meeting with their employer would be quick or pleasant. Not if he was interested in her as Airic so put it.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:32 am

The Rebel leader waved his hand and the door to the unoccupied room swung open with a soft creak, the sunlight flooding in. He peered into the room briefly, finding it suitable enough. Carlisle would be allowed to decorate it to his liking once they were certain he had a place here, make it a little more homey. The room was barren other than the necessities. A bed with a plush maroon blanket, dark wooden dresser and desk, a golden lamp, and a small side table with a clock. The pale walls were lined in gold, the floor covered in a thick red carpet. His gaze flickered to Carlisle and a rare, amused smile, trickled across his lips. The look was gone as quick as it had arrived. “Much to prove, but something tells me you will do well here,” Crypt commented. Carlisle was no fool; he was quick, sharp, and witty. However, he found himself a little wary of the stranger. He was almost too good, too fitting, someone who could potentially see behind his mask. He waved aside these thoughts, it was something to consider at a later time. Crypt turned to face Carlisle, gesturing down the hall a little way where it split into another hallway. “There’s a closet where we keep the cleaning supplies down that hallway and to your left, can’t miss it,” he explained briefly. After all, Crypt prided himself in this palace. They kept it clean and proper. He wasn’t certain who cleaned it, chalking it up to a mixture of the Rebels. The Twins handled the assignments of the Rebels, so he trusted them to spread the cleaning job around. “A quick study is exactly what we need. There is many important things afoot, we’ll need all the extra hands we can get,” Crypt spoke briefly, hinting that there were important plans coming up but revealing no details on them. He made a small gesture towards the room “This will be your room, feel free to make it as cozy as you desire.”

Airic gazed at Ellie steadily, his interest in the drunken vampire all but vanished. “Drunk vampires passing out are a little more unusual…but perhaps,” he stated dully. Nicholas grunted as he heaved the unconscious vampire towards the door, muttering to himself about his brother’s foolishness. Airic smirked faintly “I’m sure you do, we all have somewhere to be. However, right now, you need to come with us. Where you must be, can wait at least a little bit,” he insisted, his tone still implying she didn’t have a say in the matter. He made a small gesture with his hand towards the door “Let’s not make a scene, these poor folk have seen enough craziness for one day,” he added. The people lingering in the store remained silent and still, as if afraid to move. The Twins were not a rare sight. They often were seen running around the town ‘handling’ rowdy citizens.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Carlisle watched intently as Crypt opened the door to what he assumed was a bedroom without touching it. Telekinesis of some sort, he found it fascinating as he did all abilities. He had of course seen telekinesis before, on his travels, but Crypt did it with such flair that it was hard to not want to watch him. It was similar to when he spoke though Carlisle found it easier to not be fooled by words, he couldn't afford to be lest he lose himself here. A beat and then he moved carefully to look inside, studying the room as Crypt spoke beside him. The theme here seemed to be made up of gold and red, certainly not a color scheme he would have chosen for himself since it was so fancy but it was a nice room. It did look comfortable as well, and he was sure he wouldn't be spending too much time in here when he was accepted. If he was accepted. The rebels looked to be very busy, and he expected no less for himself so yes, he would do his best to do well here. Carlisle would prove himself. "Ah I'm glad to hear that, and it's so close by as well." He smiled pleasantly, glancing towards the hall Crypt had pointed out. If he had to travel across the entire Palace just for cleaning supplies his work would take longer. Not that he would've complained, but he wanted to do the Library justice. "Important things are always happening aren't they? I will be prepared." What these important things were he wasn't sure, he just hoped it wasn't something he would regret later. The character he took on could do anything asked of him, but the true him had heart. Perhaps a weakness, but Carlisle was a caring being. "Thank you, it is a wonderful room."

"Yet not unheard of." Ellie stated firmly. Vampires did indeed have stronger systems, but they were far from immune to it. They certainly weren't invincible as most seemed to think. If they were then...Alice would still be here. "I don't need to do anything when someone I barely even know is ordering me around." Yes they met once before, but that didn't mean they knew each other. He was as much a stranger now as he had been then, and his tone wasn't sitting well with her. Far too many have taken similar tones with her and every single one had only hurt her. "Not only do I have somewhere to be, but I have someone waiting on me." Her own tone suggested that this someone would come looking for her if something were to happen to her and though she herself knew Kai wouldn't be able to come until after sundown, Airic didn't. "Maybe if you learned to be nicer to people you wouldn't have so many violent and defiant interactions." He had after all treated her much the same last time and she had been just as defiant. Just as untrusting of him. "First tell me why I should trust you?"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:27 am

The Rebel leader watched quietly as Carlisle looked the room over, his head tilted slightly to the side as he studied him. He didn’t seem impressed by the room nor disappointed, he had quite the poker face. Never quite revealing his thoughts and emotions, Crypt was only able to catch a glimpse of them across Carlisle’s face every now and then. An important quality. This vampire was certainly not like the Rebels at all, at least not the majority of them. Crypt kept these notes to himself, of course. “It is rather close by, a shame the library hasn’t been tended to more because of it,” he commented simply. He pulled away from the room, striding towards one of the large windows. He peered outside, these windows overlooked a vast forest that was scattered behind the palace. The landscape dotted with trees, as far as the eye could see. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, turning a little to peer back towards the room and Carlisle. Yes, important things are always happening… he mused. “I’m pleased to hear it,” Crypt replied and dipped his head. “Now. The meeting won’t be for another hour or so. We can continue the tour, or you can take this time to get settled in, your choice.” He regarded Carlisle with no expression, his tone implying he really did have a choice in this matter. Choices around this place were often far and few. Of course, he couldn’t get too comfy here, lest the Rebels decide Carlisle wasn’t to be trusted to join their ranks. Crypt wouldn’t deny, he had hope. This new stranger would be a valuable asset in the future.

Airic wrinkled his nose a little at her, finding her defiance rather…endearing yet even more so frustrating. He stepped closer to her, running his tongue across his fangs in a thoughtful manner. “You….are certainly being stubborn,” he began, debating if he could drag her out of here by force but figured that would only make this situation worse. His eyes narrowed as she mentioned this ‘someone’ and he did believe her, something about her tone made him almost wary of this ‘someone’. Of course, he wouldn’t let her know that. “Well if this ‘someone’ has an issue, they can address it to my employer directly. Until then, I must ask…nicely, that you come along. The sooner you come the sooner you can leave,” Airic explained but he wouldn’t be making any promises. He stared at her before sighing and shaking his head “Whether you trust me or not doesn’t change a thing,” he replied honestly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:26 pm

Carlisle studied the room for a few more minutes, looking at nothing specific. Eventually he could make a home of it, but unless Crypt's most trusted employees accepted him it was pointless to make himself too comfortable. Not that he was the sort to grow attachment to four walls and a roof having moved from place to place these past years. A room was a place to hold ones things, collect ones thoughts and to rest when they needed. Nothing more. If he chose to take solace anywhere it would be a library. Libraries truly made him feel safe. "I think I prefer more of a tour. I do wish to gather my bearings before any comfort is to be had. I don't even know if I'll be allowed to stay yet." He replied, turning away from the bedroom to look at the other man. Though he would try his best to please the Rebels there was always a possibility that things would go terribly wrong and tonight would be his last here. Getting kicked out would not do, but if it happened then there was nothing he could do. Carlisle knew his future here wasnt promised, and he was humble enough to let it be known that he knew that. "I will not blame them if they don't like me. As I've said before, from the little I've seen thus far you are very tight knit and I am a stranger...who snuck into the palace." He smiled, amused, thinking back to that first day here. It had taken such a long time for any of them to notice his presence.

Ellie tried her best to cross her arms with two bags, pursing her lips at the irritable boy before her. Sure he looked older, but put their years side by side and he would be only a boy in comparison. "One has to be to survive in this world." She muttered, her gaze moving over to the window as if looking at the world. Once beautiful and calm, it was now nothing more than a greed infested place. Many just wanted power and were willing to do anything for more of it, even murder innocents. Children. Her heart ached for them for she knew how it felt to have her innocence torn away at such a young age, to be murdered even though she was still alive. Alive in a different way. "Oh, I'm sure they'll have plenty to say." She assured, returning focus to the current situation. There was a certain look in his eye, and she got the sudden feeling he was thinking of grabbing her. If he did, he would quickly learn to regret it. As a tiny thing she had sent a man four times her size flying across a beach for hurting her uncle, she wouldn't be afraid to send Airic through a store front to protect herself. Even if it meant revealing that she indeed had a power. You're right, it won't change anything...she thought to herself, shaking her head. "At least tell me where we're going, I'll feel a bit more calm knowing that much..." Not really, but it would bring the tiniest form of comfort. After all, if he said the woods then at least she would know she would be dead soon.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:26 am

“A wise choice, come along then,” Crypt stated and motioned his hand for Carlisle to follow. He headed towards the end of the hallway, glancing back to make sure the vampire was following. “We’ll start heading to the office where the meeting will be taking place,” he explained briefly “You’ll get to see a few more rooms along the way.” He was willingly accepting that his stay here was not guaranteed. A fact that Crypt admired, it made his life just a little bit easier. Yet, Carlisle was almost too perfect for his place here. Then again, Crypt has always been the paranoid sort. You’ve just been dealing with the Rebels for too long… he chided himself Dealing with is too harsh of a way to put it. He waited at the end of the hall until Carlisle caught up, catching a glimpse of one of the Rebel patrols heading towards them. “Ah yes, the first successful person to break into the Palace…” Crypt smirked faintly “I think they’ve forgiven you by now. If anything it’s helped us, after all, you showed a flaw in our system.” Needless to say that day had been a rotten one for the Rebels in charge of protecting the Palace, Crypt made sure such a mistake would never happen again. They were all warned that there would be consequences should something like that occur. Had it been anyone but Carlisle, their fate would’ve been sealed. Many considered Crypt’s way cold, harsh, and brutal. Yet his system worked, the Rebels learned quickly, they obeyed without hesitation. Most of them because he personally turned them himself.

Airic almost rolled his eyes, whoever this ‘someone’ was, he didn’t believe for a moment they would actually do a thing. No one questioned the Rebels. Well…except for Ellie clearly. She was a rare one that was for sure, too defiant. Even if she did have some special gift, he doubted Crypt would want to deal with that level of defiance. Then again, their boss had a way with words. Perhaps she would be more cooperative then. However, rolling his eyes would be impolite and probably just irritate her further and he didn’t feel like dealing with that. Instead, he smiled just in the slightest as if to reassure her everything would be fine. “To the Palace, of course,” he answered. Nicholas appeared at his brother’s side, gazing at Ellie with a quiet look. He seemed indifferent to this situation, after all, he was the one stuck dealing with the unconscious vampire now lying just outside of the store. “Please Miss, no harm will come to you. But we really are in a bit of a rush,” he spoke up quietly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Carlisle followed as was asked of him, remaining silent until Crypt spoke to first. He didn't have that much to say himself, he was a quiet person. Speaking only when he found a need to. When it was important. Otherwise he could very well go days without speaking if he chose to. This little meeting did make him a bit nervous, anything could happen, but he was confident in his skill. No one would see through him unless they either beat it out of him or he himself chose to show it. They had no reason to harm him, but he knew how a riled up crowd could be if they ever got there. He chose to not focus too much on his worries, knowing that could put him at risk of slipping up, and glanced at the halls they passed through. What would he see before they arrived to their destination? What else had changed? It made him very curious. "I'm not sure if I should feel honored that I was first." Carlisle replied, a tone of concern in his voice to show he wasn't at all proud of such a feat. With a group as large and as tight knit as this it had concerned him that he could slip past them so easily. That shouldn't have been possible. "Everyone makes mistakes, I'm only glad I could help them learn from theirs. After all I'm sure there are plenty that would...jump at such an opportunity to sneak in." Those who disagreed with Crypt for one.

The Palace? The words baffled her. Did their employer live in a palace? In this day and age it seemed silly to her, but what could she say about that? Nothing that wouldn't upset them she was sure. Not that she was the type to purposely upset others. Ellie had always been a kind person, but she learned that there were those out there who took advantage of such kindness. Whether these boys were like those people or not remained to be seen, but something told her not to trust this employer they spoke of whatsoever. This would prove to be an easy task for her, the amount of people in this world she did trust she could count on one hand. "I trust nothing either of you say...but fine..." She muttered, watching them closely. Both couldn't be trusted, but she did feel that Nicholas was less likely to stab her in the back than Airic was. Airic had a more murderous look about him. "I'll come, j-just don't touch me." Ellie had been hurt so much that she would struggle if they did.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 am

Crypt wandered down the hallway at a pace that seemed more casual than purposeful, no direct destination in mind other than the meeting room. His gaze shifted towards the small patrol of four Rebels, dipping his head in silent greeting. They returned the notion but their gazes lingered on Carlisle. A mixture of confusion, curiosity, carelessness, and perhaps even envy was reflected upon each face. "I think I have big plans for you, Carlisle," Crypt spoke up without looking at him "Given your way of thinking, gifts, and such; I won't be having you do the grunt work. It doesn't seem suiting," he made a small motion to the passing patrol. No. Carlisle was much too intelligent and talented to do something like patrol the palace. This decision helped him narrow down which Rebel would mentor Carlisle, show him the ropes. Though the specifics weren't clarified quite yet, all in due time. He looked at Carlisle briefly and smirked a little though it quickly vanished. "Honored? Not quite...though not disappointed either," he replied simply "You are right about that though, there are many who would jump at a chance to get in." No doubt many have tried, but all have failed. All but Carlisle that is.

Airic opened his mouth to speak but was hushed by a gentle nudge from his Twin. The two exchanged glances, a look that seemed as though they were communicating...but no words left their mouth. Airic nodded a little and swiftly turned away, heading for the door. He wasn't the greatest when it came to handling these situations. Nicky had a gentler approach, thus he would be left to handle bringing in Ellie while Airic handled the vampire outside. Nicholas watched his brother go, turning to Ellie again, and motioning for her to follow Airic. "After you then," he replied simply. He would make sure she didn't try and disappear on them. That would certainly only frustrate Airic and that wasn't something Nicholas wanted to deal with right now. His brother could be a sore loser from time to time.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Carlisle dipped his head respectfully when they passed the group of Rebels, the different looks apparent to him. Mixed feelings about this stranger that was now in their home. He wasn't surprised for each Rebel likely had an opinion about him by now, he just hoped more liked him than not. If things worked out perhaps he could even make a few friends here, people he could talk to when he had some spare time. That would help to make his transition here that much easier. His gaze and thoughts moved back to Crypt, his words drawing on his curiosity but no questions left his slender lips. Surely he would learn soon enough, but it did make him wonder for a minute. If not grunt work what else could there be for him to do? Hmm how interesting...he thought, nodding his head to indicate that he had heard him. "It was simply my musing mind, I would never dare be proud of such a task. Especially seeing as I hope to work for the man of the house." Carlisle smirked, but it soon faded to a more serious expression. This type of man would have enemies, those who would want his pretty little head on a platter. "Well if any should succeed I'll, hopefully, just be another bump in the road to you. A major one." Confidence, he had to have a lot of it here but he would have to be careful to not come off as cocky.

Ellie was grateful when neither one reached out to take her, but she never let her guard down. Any wrong move and she would be ready to lash out. If they, whoever thay worked for, hunted her down for it she would just flee. It wouldn't be the first time she's had to run for her safety. She watched them as Airic moved towards the door, she assumed to deal with the unconscious man, and Nicholas turn to her. He was the nicer one, supposedly, so she didn't feel as threatened, but that didn't mean there wasn't one. Threats were everywhere. Her gaze swept over him as she offered nothing to Nicholas but a tiny purse of her lips, gripping her bags tightly as she made her way towards the exit. Each step was measured, cautious, as if she were expecting something to happen and she was. It was safe to say she didn't trust them to not do anything to her on their way to this Palace, or even after they got there. Nothing but negative emotions filled her gut, she didn't have a good feeling about this at all.