The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Crypt joined Carlisle out in the quiet hall before he took the lead again, heading further into the hallway. "I am confident you will as well, especially with the time you'll be spending in it," he commented casually but was pretty straight to the point. After all, it would take time for Carlisle to gain their trust. Crypt preferred to have anyone new remain close at hand and under watch by either himself or one of the Rebels. It had taken him some time to learn that one could never be too careful and that trust was not to be given lightly. Despite his better judgement he couldn't help but feel hopeful that Carlisle was one they could trust, he would be a useful ally and addition to the Rebels. His dark gaze shifted towards the vampire beside him, dwelling over a few points. The stranger's gifts had already proven particularly useful and Crypt could only ponder what further usefulness the vampire would prove himself to be. "Hmm if I may ask, tell me a little about yourself."

(Indeed we do!)

The raging, out-of-control vampire thrashed his way further into the store despite the Twins' best work at holding him still. Nicholas grunted when he thrown to the side, crashing into the racks of clothing and knocking it over. Airic gripped the vampire by the back of the neck and pinned him against the wall. "Calm down!" He snarled, more furious his already-weakened twin was thrown aside and potentially injured. Nicholas was not one to give up easily and hopped to his feet, racing over to help his brother get the vampire under control. A few bystanders edged closer, mostly in curiosity. Airic scowled at them "Stay back..." he warned. The last thing anybody needed was for some innocent bystander to get injured or try to step in and help. Whatever they had going through their heads, Airic wasn't pleased. As far as he was concerned, this was a Rebels matter to handle and theirs only. This moment of distraction gave the furious vampire the window of opportunity he needed, pushing back against the wall and falling backwards, pinning the Twins beneath him. Airic grunted and curled his arm around the man's large neck, holding him in place. "Shoot..." he cursed and motioned for Nicholas to slip out from underneath the writhing creature.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 pm

It was safe to say Carlisle understood the true meaning behind Crypt's words, he knew how to read between the lines and it was completely understandable. He was new so they had to keep their eye on him, figure out if he was truly trustworthy or simply just a wolf in sheep's clothing. However...he couldn't say whether or not he was excited about having to stay locked up in the Palace all the time. As much as he enjoyed peace and quiet, solitude, he did also enjoy going out on occasion, but he would just have to manage. Find something to do until he gained more trust and freedom. Patience was key, and so he simply nodded and moved on from that part of the conversation, looking at Crypt as he spoke again. It took him a moment to think over the simple request, surely he could be honest but he did still have to add in some lies...he had a cover to keep. "Well, I'm a simple man I suppose you could say. I might enjoy flirting and having fun here and there, but I also do enjoy knowledge. If I have nothing that needs to be done I can usually be found in some library somewhere. I can spend hours in one, possibly even forever if they had the numbers to keep me occupied." He chuckled to himself, thinking of the many, many, times Orion had to search the libraries in this city just to find and drag him home. "I can be pretty boring for the most part."

[So...so many. o.o]

Ellie took another tentative step back, both trying to get further away from the mass chaos and taking it in, finally recognizing the other two for who they were just as one of the twins was thrown off to the side. They didn't seem to be having a good time, there were two of them and yet they couldn't seem to get a handle on the crazed vampire very well. This didn't make her very comfortable, she just wanted to get out of here, but unfortunately she'd have to go right past the danger to get to the exit and she wasn't going to run that risk. The other onlookers seemed to be doing enough, a few of them were edging closer to them, which in her small opinion was not the smartest thing to do. If one of them happened to be caught by the crazed one they would just cause more trouble for the other two than they would assistance. Technically she could help... but ever since Kai told her she possibly gave away one of her more important abilities in front of someone untrustworthy she was nervous to use any of them in front of others. This city was full of dangers, but she couldn't just very well leave them to get hurt could she? They could handle this right?

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Crypt clasped his hands behind his back as they walked, examining the palace walls. Despite having taken the Palace from the Officials, he had felt no desire to change it. It had its own charming qualities and the Officials had a good taste in design. He knew many people believed he hated the Officials, which at one time that may have been true. However the hatred had turned into simple disinterest, he led a rebellion against them and won. The city was doing better than ever before, at least in some ways. He had even left the Officials' portraits hanging in the main hall, a reminder to himself. His gaze shifted towards Carlisle as he spoke, his lips curled into a slight smile. "Ah, that is good news. Perhaps you will put the Palace Library to good use," Crypt turned down another hallway, heading towards the library. "I enjoy reading from time to time, but I have little time to do so. The Rebels are more soldiers than they are seekers of knowledge." He approached a single door and waved his hand, the door creaked open and the lights inside the room flickered on. "Boring you say? I find you quite fascinating myself," he commented and stepped aside, gesturing inside the library.

Airic held tightly onto the writhing vampire as his brother pulled himself out from underneath him. Nicholas took a couple steps back to regain his composure, rolling his sleeves up to his elbows and popping his neck. The vampire clawed at Airic's arm, his eyes were blood shot and his fangs bared. "He's hyped up on something," Nicholas grumbled and approached the vampire again, only to recieve a solid kick to his gut. He gasped and clasped an arm across his stomach. "Son of a...." Airic growled and used all his strength to roll the thrashing vampire over, pinning him to the floor. He pinned one arm against the man's back and looked over at Nicholas. "You all good?" Airic asked in concern. Nicholas gave him a thumbs up and warily approached them again, "What do we do?" Airic threw one hand up in the air in exasperation "Knock him out I guess." The Twins looked at each other for a brief moment, communicating silently to one another. Nicholas nodded and came up alongside the vampire, his eyes flashed.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Carlisle glanced along the walls of the Palace, despite it looking as he remembered it still, to him, looked so vastly different. Maybe it was simply the fact that those he was used to seeing in here weren't; they were gone...forced to hide from the ones who dwelled here now. He wondered what it was that Crypt had planned for the Officials, part of him doubted he would let them just wander in the city forever. After all his dear friends were still in hiding for a reason, sadly he felt like he had not enough trust to ask such questions but in time he was sure he would come to know. There was time, and he had patience. His gaze returned to Crypt and he nodded his head once, thinking about the large library where he had spent most to all of his time when he was here. It had been a pleasant time, and surely there were many new books lingering about in there since the Rebels took over. A part of him was filled with excitement, but he did well to hide it. "I'll see what I can do. I can imagine a Palace of this size has quite the library filled with many books." He replied quietly, curious now. His mind was forever expanding, willing to gain more and more knowledge as the years went on and new things were discovered. So many new discoveries had been found in the past few years alone, and with his trip he had been inable to properly sit and read about them. "Ah, but even soldiers could do with some knowledge every now and then. The world is always changing, what they are used to may not always stay the same. Humans and Vampires are both changing with each new generation, as is the planet we exist together on." Humans, though still meek, were becoming stronger themselves and vampires...well the vampires of today were nothing like the vampires of a thousand years ago. He found it all so fascinating. "I suppose that's how it works, what is boring to oneself is always fascinating to another."

Ellie shuffled her feet, feeling a bit queasy now. She knew she had to do something, the good in her wouldn't just let them get hurt. Unfortunately she knew that was only one of her weaknesses, she cared far too much about others, even strangers and she disliked to see anybody harmed. Even if they were hurting her. A quiet sigh left her lips as she quickly thought about it, she could use his own aura to incapacitate him momentarily. Long enough for them to get him to where they needed. As a plus side her aura ability was one of her more silent ones; some just didn't notice the light glow of the aura and she didn't freeze up or need to touch him. Not for something small like this. The Twins seemed to be talking about knocking him out too and she couldn't help but feel that their way would be painful for they guy. Ellie bit her lip and focused, coaxing his aura forward though it was hard to see. It was smoky, dull, probably from whatever was in his system causing him to act like this. She twisted it until it surrounded his mind, temporarily blinding him and causing drowsiness. It would take a minute or two to take effect, but she was hoping it would work before they did whatever it is they planned to do to the poor man.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun May 27, 2018 3:15 am

As Crypt walked into the library the lights slowly turned on, a soft warm glow that filled the room. It was a grand room with large windows drawn shut by heavy, maroon curtains. The shelves lined the walls from floor to the ceiling, a few scattered across the middle of the room between sets of chairs and glass coffee tables. It was certainly breathtaking but saddening as well, dust lined the wooden shelves and leather bindings. Cobwebs strew in corners and hanging from lights. "As I said...I do hope you'll put this library to good use. It is quite the sight to behold but so rarely used these days. The Officials were quite fond of the place, couldn't bring myself to do away with it," he commented thoughtfully. He paused in the middle of the room and turned a little to peer over at Carlisle. "Hmm you are quite right, I may have a job for you...but that can wait," he waved his hand dismissively. No doubt Crypt knew well the importance of knowledge, after all, knowledge is power. Yet in some ways he knew knowledge would give the Rebels individualism and that was always risky, but he was confident they held loyalty to him. "I suppose I should get this out of the way, I find it best you hear it from me rather than by the Rebels. They have a nasty habit of bringing it up. I have a brother who is an Official, Scott Augustine..." Crypt paused as if saying the name out loud had caught him off guard, "I want to make it perfectly clear that nothing is to happen to him. Despite being an Official...I have hopes I can convince him that I can do so much more for him than the Officials ever could. You see, family is everything to us. Joining us, you are joining a family." The Rebel leader didn't like bringing up his brother but it was best that this newcomer was aware of his existence before he learned of it later, best not to give him even the slightest idea that Crypt might have any sort of weakness towards the Officials because of his sibling. Besides, he truly did have hope his brother would join him and thus give up the Officials' location. That of course, was a problem for another time.

Of course neither Twin were aware Ellie was there, much less that she was using any sort of ability against the crazed vampire. Airic kept the vampire pinned while Nicholas knelt down beside him reaching out with a hand but gradually the man stopped writhing around so much. His snarls becoming fainter until he all but fell still and silent. There was a silence that filled the store, as if everyone was holding their breath or perhaps from fear. The Twins stared at the vampire in confusion, Airic snapping his fingers next to the man's ears. "Did you kill him?" Nicholas asked with a tone that almost sounded disappointed. Airic shook his head and warily stood up "No...I think he fell asleep," he replied. The pair stood off to the side, their hands on their hips in an identical manner. "Maybe whatever was in his system finally wore out?" Nicholas offered, looking at his twin. Airic gave a shrug and moved towards him "I don't know, but we need to get him to the Tower before he wakes up again."

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:20 pm

The dust reached his nostrils before he stepped into the large room after Crypt, a sadness filling his heart. Being one of the more prominent figures in the library back in the day he had made sure to take care of this place. He would spend hours dusting the shelves even if it wasn't his duty to do so. It saddened him that the Rebels had no care for it, not even enough to make sure it stayed clean and the books well cared for. Dust wasn't good for books nor wood, it would take him a day to clean this up, but he did not let the disappointment show on his features. In a way though he supposed he should be relieved the library still existed for Crypt could very well have thrown all the books and shelves out and used the room for something else. "I'm sure it will get plenty of use from me...after I clean things up of course. I can't very well sit in and read through dust." Though dust didn't make a vampire sneeze as it did a human, as far as he was aware anyway, it was still unpleasant to be around. The texture was strange, the smell of it was plain awful, and the look of it was no better. It made the room appear darker than what it really was. "A job? Very well..." Curiosity filled his gaze, but he wouldn't press the matter if Crypt didn't wish to give it to him now. As it stood he would have his hands full for a little while. His attention fell to Crypt once more, catching the seriousness of his tone as he spoke of his brother. Scott. The name was familiar, but he kept his expression blank and nodded, deciding to look at the situation as if he was as new as he pretended to be. Besides, Carlisle had no plans of hurting anyone. "I prefer to use violence as a last resort so I see little to no issue there." He replied though he had doubts Scott would switch sides, Officials weren't easily swayed for they did have a sense of family themselves. Carlisle himself had returned to be reunited with his family. One could argue he wasn't actually with them at the moment, but he was doing this for his family and sometimes one had to put themselves in uncomfortable situations in order to do what was best for them. "Well you are his brother so a family bond is still there between you, perhaps he will remember that. I shall hope for it." Not that he was being honest, but he learned enough to know how to lie with ease when needed. "Though my family is gone and I can't remember them I still feel their pull...as odd as I'm sure that sounds."

Ellie sighed in relief as it started to work, the man slowly quieted down and sure enough fell asleep. She released his aura once she was sure that he wouldn't wake again, stepping back with a quiet step. Unnoticed by her in the moment she had moved closer to the trio, occasionally that happened if she wasn't paying enough attention to herself. Her concern for those she worked on more often than not outweighed concern for herself, something she knew she really had to work on before she put herself in another dangerous situation. Especially now, Kai would never forgive her if she did. Biting her lip she studied the twins as confusion surrounded them. It was interesting how one's emotions affected their aura, it made it shine differently. "He'll be fine..."she muttered, almost regretting it immediately but she didn't want them to harm the poor man even in an unconscious state. It wasn't like she had to tell them how she knew he would be alright, she was a vampire after all and most could sense if somebody was near death. Although now they'd know she was there and from their last meeting she found Nicholas to be strange towards her and Airic to be somewhat unkind...so was it truly worth it? A huff left her lips as she turned to gather her spilt items, maybe they wouldn't recognize her with her back turned. Silly her but she could still hope.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:57 pm

The dark-haired Rebel Leader kept a keen eye on Carlisle, studying his every movement, his every facial expression, making sure nothing would pass by him. There was no doubt he didn’t trust Carlisle, how could he? After all they’ve only just met and call him paranoid, but he didn’t trust strangers. Every stranger that came upon the Rebels received the same scrutiny. The only difference here was, they were all easier to read. Carlisle seemed to have a wall built up, one that Crypt fully intended to break down. He didn’t like not knowing people. He knew all the Rebels inside and out. All in due time… He turned his attention towards the library briefly. He remembered this place well, there had been a time when he was among the Officials. Of course, he had been under false pretenses, pretending to be his brother, but the library had been one of those few places where he could relax. It was a shame it had been fed to the dust, but what could he say? The Rebels were busy. “No, you certainly can’t. It is a shame, it used to be so grand. I am relieved to hear someone will put it to use,” Crypt commented and glanced sideways at Carlisle. He made a small motion with his hand to indicate that he should follow and headed towards another door across the large room. “The Rebels love violence, I’m afraid I’ve raised an army of soldiers. It will be nice to have a few who think a little more passively,” he paused as he thought about his brother. How long has it been since he’s spoken to him? “Ah perhaps I am a fool to hope, he was always very loyal to the Officials.” He ran his fingers along one of the shelves, examining the dust on his fingers. “Hmm I understand what you mean, the lure of family is a strong bond. Never truly gone,” he looked at Carlisle “We’ll be having a meeting this evening. I should like to see you attend this meeting, I have a few Rebels I would like you to meet.”

While Nicholas was busy gathering up the heavy vampire, Airic’s gaze shifted towards the gathered silent crowd. His eyes scanned through them and that was when he noticed the young woman who was closer than the others. Though her back had turned to them and she was gathering her items. Perhaps it was the murmur of her words, her close presence, or the familiarity of her that drew his attention to her. He cleared his throat “Hey, you. Come here.” He ordered. Nicholas looked at his brother and raised a questioning eyebrow, his gaze following his twin’s and landing on the young lady. Nicholas could tell the girl had caught his brother’s attention, but he wasn’t entirely sure why. “Airic, come on we really don’t have time for this,” he said with a small sigh. He knew his brother wouldn’t listen to him anyways.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Carlisle felt Crypt's gaze boring into him, his own still on the library as he thought of all the things he would need to do to get this place into proper order. For how long everything has been sitting without use or proper care he was sure some of the shelves would need replacing and he could spot at least one light fixture that needed new light bulbs. This was but a minor task to him, he loved this place and so he would enjoy restoring it. Hopefully he could turn this into a place others could enjoy as well. Yet his attention was drawn away from the room as Crypt's voice broke through the short silence, mentioning how his soldiers loved violence too much to be levelheaded. He had to wonder just how much trouble that has gotten Crypt into in the past, if he even cared about that sort of thing. A leader could lead and rule by fear, but there would come a time when the people would rebel against a leader like that. People, humans and vampires alike, weren't meant to be caged up. That was no life to live. Of course he did not mention this to Crypt, it would be seen as an opinion and he felt positive that this was the kind of man to have an answer for everything. "Perhaps I can teach them a thing or two, not that I wish to change them but sometimes a simple approach can pay off better." He said thoughtfully, following him quietly. Running in with teeth bared and threats on the tongue may often work but some needed a gentler touch to cooperate. "There is nothing wrong with hope. It gives you a reason to keep on fighting, if not for yourself then for those that hope is for. Even that bond alone can give you strength. Just as mine does me." Hope was a powerful thing, whether through family ties, friendship, or even love it gave one the push they needed. Carlisle may not know of family or love, but he had friendship and that was enough. "I shan't miss something so important. Although I must admit meeting others makes me a tad nervous. I only hope to not step on any toes." For he was sure if anyone high enough in rank did not like him Crypt would grow not to either, he couldn't have that.

Ellie had gathered up her things fairly quickly, hoping to get out of here and back to Kai as soon as possible. Or at least before he woke up and realized she was gone. Maybe she should've left a note for him now that she thought about it, because of course something would happen. Her luck was awful but she didn't feel fear as one of the twins opened his mouth and called out an order. At her. Only annoyance filled her heart as she slightly turned and glared at Airic. Half-heartedly. "Excuse me?" She clenched her teeth, grip tight on her bags as she held back her irritation as much as possible. After all he did seem like the type who would strike out at someone who didn't listen to him but at the same time she's lived a very long time and too many have tried to control her. Her and her power. Not that they knew about it but it still brought too many dark memories to mind for her to be happy about it. "What's your problem?" If Kai were here she would be embarrassed of the tone she had in her own voice. It wasn't like her to speak like this, but Airic had hit a painful nerve and she couldn't forgive that so easily.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:21 am

Crypt Augustine strode across the room to the door; the palace was large, and it would take them some time to tour it all. Of course, he was certain Carlisle would explore it a bit on his own. The Rebel Leader merely needed some time to speak with him, get to know him, and what better time to do that than a tour about the large home. This vampire was a curious one certainly, silent, steady, and thoughtful. In some ways, Carlisle reminded Crypt of himself. Or at least, the self that he kept tucked away from the public eye. “I would rather appreciate that actually, I’m afraid I haven’t time on my hands to rework the thought processes of my soldiers,” Crypt commented, opening the door and gesturing towards it. His soldiers were just that, soldiers. Not all of them of course, his higher-ranking Rebels had a little freer will and clear thinking. The door led into a wide hallway with tall windows along one wall, various doors and entryways along the other. Many of the bedrooms lingered along this hallway, perhaps one would suit the newcomer’s needs. “Quite right, hope keeps that little flame in our hearts alive,” he paused to peer at Carlisle for a moment. Despite the lingering hope his brother would one day join his side, he knew better. Scott was loyal, for that, Crypt was proud. “I wish I could ease your nerves but I’m afraid this is a meeting that will determine your future here. I have no doubts you will do fine, however.” Crypt clasped one hand firmly on Carlisle’s shoulder in a way that was meant to be reassuring, though his gaze was cold and blank. “After all, you need to know who you will be working for.” Many weren’t aware there were higher tiers in the ranks of the Rebels, as Crypt did a fair job in making sure it appeared he was the only one with any say in any of the matters. Of course, he had the final say, but running this city required more than just himself to run things.

The harsher one of the two Twins was a bit taken back by Ellie’s response, few dared to take a tone with them. Despite his generally more aggressive manners, he took his own tone down a few notches. He didn’t wish to start something, especially when they had an unconscious package at their feet waiting to be taken care of. Airic’s gaze flickered over Ellie’s familiar face, but in all honesty, he couldn’t completely recall who she was. “No problem misses, just thought I might ask you what your name was,” he started out. Nicholas looked at his twin in a questioning manner, but he stood behind him silently, peering over at Ellie. He, on the other hand, recognized the girl. He remained quiet however, she was of no concern to him and he really wasn’t sure what about her had caught his brother’s attention.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:46 am

The blonde haired man followed after Crypt, curiosity filling his gaze as he studied their passing surroundings, twisting the pink tip of his ponytail between finger and thumb. It was easy to pretend, he hadn't been here in such a long time and though similar it was different. His heart yearned for the old days when he and his friends roamed these halls, a feeling of regret rising within. Perhaps he shouldn't have ever left, maybe he could've helped to keep this from happening but there was no going back. All he could do now was attempt to break them from within, in time. He shook himself from his creeping thoughts after a moment, he couldn't afford to let himself be distracted. "I will see what I can do. If they are as stubborn as you say it might take awhile, but I do like a worthy challenge." What was life without challenge after all? It helped one to grow and Carlisle enjoyed such a feeling. Of course he didn't know everything and would never claim to, but he just enjoyed the complexity in life. Another part that kept his own flame, as Crypt put it, burning. "Ah, whether I stay or not?" He chuckled quietly, as if making a joke but he still let a bit of the nerves show through. As if he was trying to make himself feel better about this 'meeting.' It seemed the right thing to do, and it seemed Crypt was attempting to be reassuring. 'Attempting' being the significant word here. "No of course. I imagine I'll have a few people to report to. I don't expect you to be able to always keep a watch over everything with the amount of people you have working for you." How many were working here to be exact? He's seen so many faces since arriving here, he found it hard to keep up.

Ellie huffed. It hadn't been that long since she ran into them and she had told them her name then, she was beginning to regret having helped the drunken vampire at all. Although if she hadn't she would have felt guilty later, worried that they killed him until it drove her mad. Sin would be all too thrilled about that. "For a vampire you sure have an awful memory." She replied, but her tone wasn't hostile by any means. Upset and defensive she could be as times, but she couldn't bring herself to be completely cold or uncaring towards others. It just wasn't in her nature. Despite that she still chose not to repeat her name, holding her bags even closer to her sides as she looked at the two of them then the man at their feet. Some vampires seemed to go on such a wrong path, when was it that they grew to like drinking from a human who was drunk or on drugs? Vampires used to search for clean blood to drink and now? Maybe there weren't many clean humans anymore. "You should take care of him, the poor man won't stay asleep forever." She really didn't want to have to knock him out again, that would be difficult to explain and she was starting to feel uncomfortable. More so than usual.