The Rising [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon May 29, 2017 2:57 pm

(Lol XD Glitter is beautifully evil. XD Indeed she does!)

"I think as long as you take it easy you'll be fine..." he replied with a small smirk. Crypt twirled a small strand of her hair between his fingers, a content sigh escaping his lips. It's been a long time since he's felt this relaxed and rested, after all, it wasn't like he really ever slept. He was always so busy with taking care of things but at least now he had to take some time off work every day. A thought that both reassured him and made him nervous. You've trained the Rebels well, they can function without you for periods of time. he reassured himself. Although there has been some troubling news reports lately from those who went on night patrols. Why now? Why now do the Nightwalkers grow more active... he pondered. Crypt quickly brushed this aside, there was no need for him to ponder such questions at a time like this. He peered down at Pyra again and brushed a few strands of hair from her face.

(It is quite heartbreaking. ;-; )

Kai cleared his throat and moved a little closer to her, watching her warily as if she might suddenly lash out. It was more so out of nervousness towards her reactions towards him at the moment. Does she hate me now? he shoved these thoughts down again, running his fingers through his hair anxiously. "About...Miles. I-I wouldn't have killed him, I never intentionally kill anyone..." he began stumbling over his words a little bit. He wasn't sure what to say...he couldn't apologize for what he had done. He didn't regret almost ripping out Miles's heart, his only regret was Ellie had to witness the after math of it. He gazed at Ellie and held his breath, hearing his own heart pounding in his ears, his fangs scraping against the inside of his lips. All of this was starting to sound a lot worse the more he spoke. Like a child trying to apologize for breaking a vase or stealing cookies.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:53 pm

[Beautifully evil indeed. XD Now the question is...is that a good or bad thing? XD]

"I don't know if I can do that...you know how wild I can be." Pyra mumbled, but she was anything but. She could be, at times, fiesty, but it didn't go beyond that and that was only when someone angered her. The lady stood up for herself and the ones she cared about, she would fight for them til she could no longer. Except for right at that moment, she was too comfortable and he was there. He would always keep her safe, she believed in that whole-heartedly. A sigh left her lips as she lifted her hand and placed it atop his, a gentle smile on her lips. For once he seemes so at ease, it made her happy to see him like this. Stressed expressions didn't suit him well, not in her opinion. Hopefully he would grow used to moments like this where his only job was to relax and recuperate, she really wanted him to take care of himself more. Of course she didn't say a word about it, she didn't think he would want her to briny up the fact that it looked like he had slept a little himself. "You know now I'm not going to be able to sleep without you here with me mister..." She said teasingly, clearly more awake than she had been a few moments ago. Pyra wasn't the best with teasing when she was only half awake.

[Extremely heartbreaking. I won't survive. ;-;]

Ellie looked away as Kai spoke, but not because she was afraid or disgusted. Her tears were still burning her eyes and she didn't want him to see that, she wanted to suffer quietly so he wouldn't worry more than what he was. He seemed so stressed and yet she didn't know how to help him relax or feel better, especially when she wasn't all that sure on how she felt. She knew she wasn't scared of him and she certainly didn't hate him for what he had done to Miles, for all she knew she would​ lash out if anyone spoke badly about Kai but she didn't like to think so. It wasn't so easy for her to become violent, she wasn't like Sin. After a moment she took a deep breath, clasping her hands in her lap. "I know Kai...you were just trying to protect me..."she muttered quietly though she didn't really see how she had been in danger. Miles only spoke ill of her, but perhaps he had threatened to hurt her...she hadn't been there for the whole thing. Only the end when Miles was already on the ground bleeding out, anything could've been said before that.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:53 am

(Lol XD I think it's a good thing. XD)

Crypt chuckled warmly "Oh yes, terribly wild." he replied quietly, a gentle smile slipped across his lips. He found her so adorably amusing when she was sleepy and half-awake. He wasn't sure he could truly call her wild, but most certainly fiesty, stubborn, and stronger than many gave her credit for. She had a fighter's spirit, willing to stand up for what she believed in. In other words, she wasn't like the other Rebels. She had a mind of her own, not one of his little soldiers. But she is certainly my everything... he thought, running his fingers through her hair again. He gazed at her, entranced by her eyes that soothed his nerves, calmed by her voice, and reassured by her warmth. Crypt tilted his head a little bit and for a moment was silent, pondering something. Almost cautiously he replied "Well, if you would like...or be alright with, I could be at your side whenever you wished to sleep." he offered gently, though he seemed a bit...embarrassed if such a thing was possible for him. Yet he couldn't deny he loved this small moment with her. A moment of peace and joy, true and pure happiness. Not to mention the best sleep he's had in a long time. With a rather sheepish expression he looked away "I-I mean if that's alright. I understand if you wish to have your room to yourself again." he laughed quietly.

(But we must survive! ;-; )

"I've never been that protective over anyone, Ellie..." Kai said quietly, trailing off. He turned his face away, clenching his hands tightly, feeling so bitterly overwhelmed. "I've never felt...this." he continued though his voice was barely above a whisper. What has become of me? he groaned internally, shying away from the flicker of light in his heart. How easy it is to be cold and cruel, to see the world in darkness. Kai took a deep breath trying to steady his nerves, silence the blood roaring in his ears, and ease the throbbing of his heart. His gaze shifted towards Ellie again, this time merely studying her. Though he could not see her face, couldn't quite make out what it was she was feeling. This is it, this is where your life completely flops upside down...for better or worse.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:57 am

[Aha, I think so too. Someone needs to keep him in check and make sure he takes care of himself. XD]

Pyra smiled softly, hiding her face in his shoulder. "Hmm, however shall you tame me?" She giggled, taking in his scent and warmth. Though she was more awake now she still didn't want to gt up just yet, she knew they would have to soon but it didn't have to be quite yet did it? Her fighter's spirit was still, mostly, asleep, but it would come around eventually. Maybe, it was being pretty stubborn right now. A sigh escaped her as she pulled away again to look at him, quietly studying him for a moment before she found herself tracing his face with her fingers. He was petting her hair so she would pet his face, it was an affectionate act she knew and she loved it. Loved this softer side of him. It had always been there under his cold exterior, it just needed a bit of help revealing itself. She paused a moment as he spoke, sensing his embarrassment that came along with his offer to be here whenever she needed to or felt like sleeping. It made her heart flutter, she found it adorable and sweet...loving. "Well...you know...most mates tend to share a room..."she started slowly, her tone letting him know that they didn't have to share a room. After all she wasn't sure if he would be comfortable with that or would want to. "...but, you know, I'd be fine with you coming here to...do that. For now." Of course she was just happy being able to spend any amount of time with him no matter what they were doing. The only exception would be when she was hurt, she was still happy to be with him but unhappy because she couldn't really be with him in those times. "I'm always happy when you're with me..."

[I don't know if I can Dreams! ;-;]

Ellie winced, sensing his change in mood as he continued to explain. He had told her before that it would be impossible to get rid of him, to make him leave, but she wasn't sure now. That statement made him seem so unhappy here, maybe he still hated her or the idea of letting someone in. Despite how she was feeling she understood that perfectly. After going through everything she has ever been through she found it hard to let people in, Kai had been the first person she's considered opening up to in a long time, but now some part of her was beginning to rethink that, again. Maybe he was better off in the darkness; she knew that, deep down, that's where he wanted to be. It was ingrained in his blood as it was every Nightwalker's. Ellie could feel a few tears slip free from her eyes as she hugged herself, as if trying to hold herself together. "...if you hate it that much...then leave..."she muttered, doing her best to keep her voice from shaking. This hurt, but she didn't want him to be unhappy.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:03 pm

(Pyra is the perfect candidate for that! XD )

Crypt leaned down a little to press a brief kiss to her head "Hmm, that is a brilliant question isn't it?" he chuckled warmly. Work was beginning to call to him however, he could sense a bit of restlessness from the Rebels. For the moment, surprisingly, he let this feeling slip away. Hoping to enjoy this moment just a little bit longer with Pyra. He leaned into her touch, taking a deep breath, feeling more calm and open than he has in a long time. "Ah, that they do..." he agreed quietly, studying her thoughtfully. He seemed to relax a little again when she seemed to take his offer well. "I suppose that would make things a little easier wouldn't it..." he added slowly. Surely sharing a room would make it easier for him to come see her, spend time with her, and fulfill his offer of being there with her. He trailed his fingers through her hair slowly, pondering this for a moment. Of course, the Rebels would have to adjust to that as well. He knew how many of them felt towards Pyra and it made him a little anxious, but he would keep an eye on a select few. He paused, moving his hand to gently brush it against her cheek. "Your happiness is my happiness..." he replied quietly.

(You must! ;-; )

Kai could feel the shift of her emotions and it only confused him further. Who could blame him though? As a Nightwalker he hadn't a reason to care for other's emotions, let alone acknowledge his own. Yet, despite all that, he moved closer to her. He knelt down in front of her and warily reached over to lightly touch her arm. "Ellie...I've already told you. It'll be impossible to get rid of me." he said slowly, a small smile slipping across his lips. He winced and looked away "I just...don't know how to handle emotions well." he said quietly with a half-hearted laugh. That was certainly an understatement, he barely knew what half of these emotions were to begin with. "The thing is, I don't hate it, such emotions just...frighten me a little." he continued slowly trying to find some way to get to what it was he wanted to say. There was something hidden behind the muddle of words swimming around in his head, a single phrase and yet he couldn't comprehend what it was.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:55 am

[Yay! I'm glad, they have an adorable relationship. c:]

Pyra smiled as he kissed her head, keeping back the laughter that wanted to escape her with his question. It was a pretty silly question, but truthfully in a way she wasn't tameable though not because she was wild. Despite what others may see when they look at her, she was independent and not so easily swayed by others thoughts or opinions. Hence why she didn't see Crypt as the monster as everyone else seemed to view him as. He was simply Crypt to her, perhaps a little misunderstood and too closed of for his own good. When it came to the army or outsiders she understood why that was though, he had to keep a sense of order and allowing one's thoughts and emotions get the best of them wouldn't do much to help them. "That it is, there is no clear answer either." She replied, resting her hand on the side of his neck. Luckily, thanks to him, she wasn't too thirsty at the moment, but she could still feel a small burning in her throat. Considering the amount of blood she had lost she knew it would linger awhile, but she was fine for now. "Mhm, it probably would make things easier, but we don't have to do that now..." A part of her figured he didn't to, it took him awhile to decide things when it came to the two of them and she understood that. This was new to both of them, and so she had patience...she just hoped he wouldn't take forever. "Oh? Well...in that case...I'm not happy. Be miserable." She giggled, teasing him.

[But but but... ;-;]

Ellie sensed his movement and lowered her face to allow her hair hide her face. Her tears kept coming and she couldn't stop it, not entirely sure why she was crying in the first place. There were so many emotions running through her, none of them made sense and she wasn't sure where to start to even begin making sense of this. Yet she knew one thing, she knew that his comfort mattered to her...even if hers didn't matter to him. "Why...why if some part of you is so unhappy being here..."she mumbled, unable to keep her voice from shaking this time. Why couldn't she go a day without feeling miserable lately? It felt as if it was the beginning of an end and she wasn't sure what was ending this time, she would say her sanity but that ended so long ago. After a moment she shook her head, resting her head in her hands with her elbows on her knees. Kai seriously gave her such a headache at times. He acted so unhappy sometimes, but then he said things that made him seem okay with that and it confused her. What was it he felt? What did she even feel...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:11 am

(Indeed they do! ^-^ )

Crypt smiled gently in return, a warmth seeping through his veins. This was happiness, true happiness, and he loved every moment of it. Perhaps it was selfish of him to linger in this state of happiness, to wish to spend every waking moment with her, to crave a future with her, and yet he didn't back down from these hopeful feelings. She understood him on a level no one else did, she saw a side to him he thought was long gone, and he loved her with all his heart. Which made his job a whole lot more difficult. In theory he was supposed to choose the Rebels, his family, over anyone else and yet he simply could not do it. Not when he held Pyra so near and dear to him. A soft chill crept across his skin from her touch, leaning into her warm hand against his neck. There was a mixture of hope and uncertainty dancing in his dark eyes. How desperately he wished to share a room with her and yet how cautious he felt towards the idea. "I guess we'll see..." he said softly and leaned a little closer to her. "Don't get me wrong, I want to...I just worry..." he paused with a faint smile. He brushed his hand lightly across her cheek. "Oh dear, that just won't do. I'll just have to do everything in my power to make you happy." he said with a small grin.

(No but's!)

Kai's heart was pounding in his chest, blood roaring in his ears, and the burning in his throat was certainly not making it any easier to focus. His thoughts felt sluggish, all of this didn't seem real. Her emotions washed over him or perhaps it was his own, but he really couldn't make sense of any of it anyways. He groaned softly, a rush of frustrated despair flooding his thoughts. Desperately he wished to express his emotions, to make it make sense. Yet the words he needed wouldn't come to him. His fingers slipped delicately around her wrist, his touch gentle as he bowed his head. "Because I want to make you happy. I want to see you smile, I want to hear your laugh." he began, his voice barely above a whisper. "I crave your voice, your touch." Hoping beyond hope that these words would begin to untangle the clutter in his head. Kai brushed his thumb lightly across her skin "Your comfort...I need you, Ellie."

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 pm

[Curse our adorable relationship ability! XD]

Pyra curled into him a little more, enjoying his warmth as much as she could for who knows when it would end. He would have to return to work here soon, undoubtedly the Rebels would come break down her door and cart Crypt off if he didn't. Well she was sure they knew he wouldn't be too happy with that so she knew that wouldn't actually happen, but it was still amusing to think about. Her gaze turned back to his as a soft smile curled at her lips, they would be fine. No matter what happened moving on from here they would be okay as long as they were together, a team. "Worried...? Why? Afraid I'll try and kill you in your sleep?" She smirked slightly. Though she has taken out targets like that before she would never think to do that to him, he wasn't a target. Not in that way anyway. "Oh? Is that so? We'll...I have an idea in mind..."an innocent smile crossed her lips.

[But! ;-;]

Ellie leaned away from him, feeling fear clutch her chest tightly in its grasp. It felt like it was being crushed and it was getting hard to breathe. Her lungs didn't really want to work properly but that could be just because she was holding her breath. Then again...vampires didn't have to breathe so it could be a mental thing, she was crazy. Yet this wasn't because of her, he kept talking and the more he talked the more she felt like she couldn't breathe. He was talking crazy, why was he saying these things and was he aware he was? Of course he was, otherwise she was sure he wouldn't be saying them. No one's ever said things like this to her before though, she wasn't sure how to feel...but some part of her felt like running. That if she accepted what he was saying there was no going back to her life before. To being alone. "B-day...no one needs me." She mumbled, stumbling over her words a little. "...w-why, why..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:17 am

(Curse it all! XD )

Crypt wrapped his arms around her and held her close, enjoying the warmth and comfort she always seemed to have. He could sense a Rebel or two drawing near to the door again, this time he knew there was a purpose to their steps. However, he didn't acknowledge it, at least didn't show he was making any acknowledgement of it. He found himself quite content right here at the moment, reassured by her presence. Crypt chuckled "If you were to kill me in my sleep I would forgive you, for surely there would be a good reason." he replied before shaking his head. "But no..that's not why. I worry that might make you a greater target, worried on how the Rebels will handle it." It was a sad but honest truth, her safety has become his biggest concern. No matter what though, I will protect you... He peered down at Pyra with a warm smile lingering on his lips. He raised an eyebrow "Oh? And what might that idea be?" he inquired, tilting his head a little bit.

(Nope! None of those!)

"Because I love you..." The words slipped from his lips before he could quite get a grasp on it, if that was even possible. Yet he felt a small weight lift from his shoulders, the phrase lingering in the clutter of his thoughts. Kai felt his throat tighten and he slowly withdrew from her, gripping his hands tightly in his lap. He bowed his head, his dark hair hiding his face from view. A Nightwalker isn't capable of love... a voice chided in the back of his mind. "I-I'm sorry if I've caused you pain or confusion...I understand if the feelings aren't mutual...but I cannot deny I feel a little better now." he whispered, closing his eyes and letting all the emotions roll off his shoulders. Ready to embrace whatever her reaction would be, honestly expecting the worse. Love is foolish, love isn't real... the voice continued, making his head throb. Kai clenched his jaw tightly and despite feeling relieved he felt fear begin to creep over him. He didn't want to lose Ellie because of this, but surely they couldn't go on with him constantly holding in the thoughts and emotions that ran rampant in his head.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:47 pm

[Yes, curse it! XD]

Pyra seemed to purr as he held her closer, a strong sense happiness filling her heart. This moment was definitely a perfect one despite the things that happened that led up to this. All the pain that still lingered in her body though it was no longer as bad as before. She sighed softly, happy and for once peaceful. Nothing could bother her in this moment though she knew the moment would soon end. "Well I'm sure I would soon join you in death for I'm sure they would disagree." She muttered in reply, meaning the Rebels. They were often the 'act first, ask questions later' type. Besides, she highly doubted that Crypt could ever do anything that would drive her to that point. The only thing that would would be if he broke her heart. "I see... some of them do hate me...mostly some the women..." she said quietly. They didn't all hate her, but there were a few women who would kill to be where she was. In their eyes she wasn't as worthy as they were of him, they felt cheated. It did worry her a bit that he seemed concerned about making those particular few uncomfortable, but who was she to question that. After a moment she shook her head and sat up, resulting in her removing herself from his embrace. "Well, it's more for everyone I suppose, not just me..."she started slowly, bending her legs slightly so she could lean against them. "Nevermind. It's silly..."

[BUT!]

Ellie froze, he didn't just say what she thought he did. No way, that was impossible. He swore he wouldn't ever be one to feel such emotions, that Nightwalkers weren't as capable of them as Daywalkers. That's what made them different. Yet here he was, saying those words that made her feel as if she had been knocked over by a wrecking ball. Though she's never actually been hit by one she's been hit by other heavy things, she assumed the shock was similar. "No...you can't..."she mumbled, shaking as she placed her hands on either side of her head, ready to rip her hair out if she had to. The urge was there, but she had never done that die to stress or at all. Her eyes shut and she shook her head, what did any of this mean? Why was this happening? Ellie couldn't deny that she felt the same but...it they took this route then they were signing their death warrants. He's told her that plenty of times about them just becoming friends, falling in love had to be worse towards that right? She was definitely confused to say the least. "E-everything you've said....I..."