Redwood [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:26 pm

"You two share similar...qualities." Crypt said thoughtfully and took another sip of the coffee. Light wisps of steam still rolled off the top of the dark brown liquid, nearly inky in appearance. "I'm just guessing though. I think you two would either get along or despise each other. I don't believe there'd be any middle ground." He shrugged and continued to drink small bits of the coffee, turning his head to peer out the window. He had a knack for being able to observe people and tell what kind of person they were. Mostly he just had high levels of observational skills and yet Pyra continued to stump him. Meeting Scott would certainly give him some more insight, although that was by no means his main reason for suggesting it. He watched the few people who walked by the window, observing them with an unreadable expression. His gaze shifted back towards Pyra as silence settled in the air between them, he wasn't bothered by it though. "Hmm any exciting plans for today?" he asked casually, leaning forward again to set his mug on the table. It was a light conversation starter, something he wasn't usually good at it. He was more of the silent type he supposed. He was making a true effort though and boy would it make Orion proud. The thought made a light smirk curl up at his lips.

Krane smiled "I take it you like it then?" he asked taking small bites of his meal. He paused to pull out his cellphone, clicking the top button to check the time. Breakfast had taken a little more time than he expected but all was well and good. Mostly he was surprised his gift for Violet was remaining quiet and patient, beneficial on his part. Krane managed to finish off his toast rather quickly and began working on his eggs some more. At this point eating because he knew he had too and not out of hunger. It was moments like these he understood why Orion forgot to eat sometimes when he had a lot going on.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Pyra told her head, thinking about it for a moment. Were all his family stubborn, standoffish and slightly bitter? It seemed that way, although this sharing similar qualities made her curious. She had quite a few...negative ones in the eyes of many so she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. Those who were similar usually got along, but there were cases where they hated one another as Crypt had said. Would it be a bad thing if they did hate each other though? Would Crypt not want to be friends anymore? He was her first friend in a long while so she was nervous about that, but she would think about it. "I don't know...similar qualities may be a bad thing." A smirk lined her lips, she was trying to keep the moment as light as possible though she didn't know if she was doing a good job with that. It wasn't her area of expertise, but she knew she didn't want him knowing that she felt anything but comfortable. Meeting his brother wasn't a big deal, it was just like meeting any other person. Most of whom she hated but...she shook her head, there was no point in thinking about it too much now. Besides he had asked her a question, one which she should probably answer before he thought she was ignoring him. "Huh? Oh, nothing planned." She replied, drinking more of her cider. She did have a singing lesson later but he probably didn't want to hear about that, she wasn't very good at this small talk thing either.

Violet nodded happily, shoveling more if the omelette in her mouth. It was so yummy how could she not like it!? She loved breakfast time! There were so many different foods that were good to have for breakfast! Then again there were a lot of foods that were good for dinner too. Maybe for lunch too, but they didn't eat lunch very much. Usually it was only breakfast and dinner, but she had to because of her medicine. She didn't eat very much since she couldn't so she wondered how much she would eat if she didn't have to take medicine. Although if she didn't have to then that probably would mean she hadn't ever gotten hurt. Not that she wished for that, things happen for a reason she was sure! It had been a bad time, but now she had good times like these! With a happy look on her face she finished up her egg and picked up her toast, only having a a few bites of that left. Today was a good day! She was actually hungry!

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 am

"Ah well, can't argue with that one." Crypt replied with a small grin, drinking more of his coffee. Which, he noted, he was getting low on. He loved his coffee, perhaps a little too much seeing as though he drank it rather quickly. There were a few people in this town that held similar qualities as Crypt and few of them liked him and vice versa. He didn't mind it though, the solitude of his life was comforting in some ways. Orion thought it best to break him out of his little shell though. "Wish I could say the same, I got work." Crypt commented with a soft sigh. He enjoyed his job as much as he could, the owner was quite generous towards him so he couldn't complain. Besides, his job was his only source of income and unfortunately money was important. It wasn't, however, something he ever complained about. Life was a struggle, it was a challenge, and he grew to love to work for things in life. Rather than have it handed to him by his parents. Crypt smiled a little, a rare smile of true contentedness. He swirled the dark liquid in his cup, watching it form a small and sloppy whirlpool at the bottom.

Krane chuckled, pleased with her response. He said nothing more as he let her eat her meal in peace, eating what he could of his before rising to his feet. He walked back into the kitchen to rinse off his plate and stick it in the dishwasher. He pulled out his phone and returned to the small dining room, peering over at Violet with a small smile. "I'm going to call Orion real quick and invite him over for dinner." he explained lightly, turning the cellphone over in his hands a few times. He enjoyed talking to Orion and looked forward to it quite often. That was no surprise though, the two of them were close. Then again, who isn't Orion close with... he thought with a tiny grin.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm

"Well...it is the truth and it's hard to argue with the truth." Pyra smirked lightly, glancing into her cup. Her cider was almost gone, but that wasn't surprising because it was a delicious drink. One she would have every day if she was able, which she was but...it was complicated. Besides, it wasn't bad to have things in moderation or from time to time as a special treat. It did give her something to look forward to and with how her life has been going she was in desperate need of things to look forward to. No her life wasn't exactly miserable, but she would say that it wasn't one anyone would be jealous of. If they were then they're crazy, in her opinion. "...I'm afraid I can't kidnap you from work. It's important to attend your job." Not that she had any experience working or needing to to be able to live in comfort. Life, financially, had always been easy for her. It wasn't something she ever had to worry about, but even though she had been a bit spoiled she would say she did know more about living in moderation than other children like her did. They enjoyed being spoiled and a lot of them were brats because of it. Orion was an exception, he had turned out okay and she liked to believe she had as well. "I can't say I have a job, but working while in college...I'm not sure I could do it."

Violet was a happy camper as she ate her toast, nibbling at the crust of the small square she had left. She'd be all good to go for the rest of the day after she was done and she would be ready for dinner time! Her gaze went to her brother when he came back into the dining room, talking about calling Orion which caused an excited look to enter her eyes. He was inviting Orion, and still early in the day too! It was always good to give someone early notice in case anything happened that kept them from being able to come. Hopefully nothing would, but it was always a possibility! "Okay! I stay here!" She exclaimed, as if he may be worried she would disappear or something, then going back to her toast. It was almost all gone!

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:37 am

Crypt glanced at Pyra again and grinned, taking another small sip of coffee to preserve what little he had left. "Can't argue with the truth..." he agreed. As someone who worked hard to always seek out the truth and speak nothing but the truth, he couldn't argue with it. "Yeah, unfortunately need my job to live." he smiled, setting down the mug. Orion had offered to give him some financial aid but of course, Crypt declined. He couldn't except money from a friend like that. Oh gee, now you're calling him a friend. Your reputation will be ruined. the thought made him smile a little. Besides, Orion was always helping people and Crypt was certain he needed that money to help others in greater need than him. His gaze shifted towards the window for a moment, taking a deep breath. He watched a few large clouds drift by, blocking the sunlight every few moments before moving on. Only when Pyra spoke did he come back to reality, peering over at her. "I won't lie, working and college is almost unbearable...but you get used to it." he shrugged. "Enjoy not working while you can." Crypt added with a small grin.

Krane smiled and disappeared into the living room, taking a moment to check on Violet's gift. He smiled down at the small thing before sitting down on the edge of the couch. He pressed Orion's name in his contacts and lifted the phone to his ear, leaning forward patiently as it rang. It rang a few times before Orion picked up, greeting Krane cheerfully. Although Krane could tell he was distracted, probably working on some big project. He could briefly recall Orion saying his parents asked him to pull together a fundraising event or something of the sort. He smiled and leaned back against the cushions. The pair carried on the usual conversation involving 'how are you's' and 'what are you up to's' and as Krane suspected, Orion was working on an event. "Wow, that's a big task." he commented. "Well I won't keep you long then, Violet and I just wanted to invite you over for dinner tonight. We've got lots to tell you." he chuckled. Orion paused in his writing and smiled "Oh? Well then I shan't miss it for the world." he agreed. Krane smirked "Alright, see you at 5-ish. Bye..." he waited until Orion said his goodbyes before hanging up.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Pyra simply nodded in agreement, finishing up the last of her cider. There wasn't much left to keep sipping at so it made sense to just finish what was there. Once she was she set the cup down and pushed it away, leaning back in her seat. It would soon be time to say farewell which she saw no problem with. He had things to do and she had to prepare for her lesson later, physically and mentally. She was still feeling a bit distracted, but she would snap into focus when the time came. Just as she always did. "I'd assume that most people do. There are few who don't but those who do out number them by a long shot." She replied, tapping her nails quietly on the table. There were a lot of people who struggled with money, she didn't see it as fair that so many whom were cold and vain had all this money and those who were kind and warm had none at all. Yet of they did come into money would they too turn cold and vain? It was a curious thought, especially since she has seen that happen...but there had to be a fair few who wouldn't change right? Maybe. Her mind was always moving, it was hard to stop it once it started but she managed after a moment. "I'll take your word for it though I'm not sure I'd ever be able to get used to it. My days would be longer, there would be no time for sleep. I probably wouldn't last." Pyra probably could if she tried, it may not be much but she had helped Orion a lot with all those events when they were friends and that was a lot of work.

Violet finished the last of her toast not long after he left, using a napkin to wipe away the crumbs on her face and hands. Bread left a lot of them every time, more when it was toasted compared to when it wasn't. Like for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! It was something she had noticed over time, Krane had made her lots of toast and sandwiches since she moved in. She set the napkin on her plate when she was done using it and picked up her cup, drinking the rest of her juice. Her focus had been on her food so it was nearly untouched, aside from what she had drunk when she took her medicine. The tasty liquid helped to wash everything down, letting it settle in her tummy. Hopefully it didn't get upset, she didn't eat that much but sometimes even the little she had was enough to make her feel sick. She sighed and put her cup down when her juice was all gone, looking around the room and waiting for Krane to come back. Though she could put dishes on the washer she unfortunately wasn't tall enough to rinse them in the sink first like Krane did.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Crypt finished up the last bit of coffee and pushed the mug aside, feeling quite satisfied with this little meal. The pie and the coffee left his stomach feeling warm and his heart content, putting his thoughts at ease. "Yeah..." he agreed with a small nod. Money was such a dreadful creation although it was important he supposed. How much happier the world would be if it wasn't being born from greediness though. Those with too little money were often grateful and giving people, those with too much were often greedy and harsh. Of course that didn't apply to everyone, Orion being an obvious example. Crypt chuckled softly "You learn to deal with the lack of sleep." he smirked faintly. He valued his sleep though and got as much of it as he could. He never complained though, he could have it worse and yet he was lucky to be where he was at now. Again though, Crypt enjoyed working hard and liked having a good challenge.

Krane held the phone for a few heartbeats longer, peering down at it, lost in his thoughts. After a moment he snapped out of it and rose to his feet, making his way back to the kitchen and dining room. "Orion's coming over for dinner!" he announced like it was some great event, walking over to gather up her dishes and rinse them off in the sink. He tossed the napkin in the trash and turned the water on warm to rinse off any food remains. The dishwasher would get most of it but Krane always made sure there were no food chunks left. "He sounded really excited too." He added with a small smile. Orion had sounded happy by the idea although mostly distracted by his work. That was unimportant information though as he was sure all Violet would care about was that Orion was happily coming over for dinner.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:18 pm

Pyra didn't like to think about money, it reminded her too much of how much she had. Growing up she did have an allowance and that was where most of it had come from, also some trust fund her grandparents set up. There was too much, but she kept it because she knew one day she may really need it. Say if she actually had a family of her own some day, or she got really sick. Emergencies...and she did donate a little here and there when Orion's family had their events. She shook her head and looked out the window, hoping she was a good person even if she didn't always feel like it. After all her parents weren't the nicest so how could she be? Yet it didn't matter, she tried not to think about it. "I'm not sure, I like my sleep far too much." It was the only time she really had her mind to herself so it was no surprise she liked sleep. Her parents weren't on her case and she had no worries in the world. Maybe one day she would try to work though, to gather experience or something. She would just need time to get used to it. "I should probably go pay, you don't have to wait if you need to go."

Violet looked up when Krane came back into the kitchen, a pout in her lips but it quickly faded with his news about Orion. "He is!?" She exclaimed excitedly, happy to hear it. It was going to be a good dinner today! They just needed to make sure they had everything and hope nothing else came up before then. It would be disappointing if he had to cancel last minute. Both Krane and Orion tried to keep their promises to her, but sometimes things came up and though she did understand that she was still sad about it when it happened. "Do we have all stuff?" She asked him, tilting her head as she tried to think of the stuff that went into Shepard's Pie. Mashed potatoes she knew, she loved mashed potatoes, but she was sure there was more to it than that. A lot more.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Crypt chuckled quietly and looked outside for a moment, an amused smirk resting on his lips. "Ah, I don't blame you. Sleep is wonderful." he replied glancing back at her. Sleep was the only true moment of peace in his life, no worries and no pressure. It was sweet and blissful, usually dreamless which could be good or bad. He offered a small shrug and gradually stood up, with some reluctance. "I'll wait...I'm in no hurry." he replied lightly. He did however, need a little bit of a stretch. It felt as though they had been sitting there forever, not that he was complaining though. He enjoyed their little hang out, she was one of the few people he felt comfortable around. He took a deep breath and tugged lightly at his leather jacket "Um...we should get together and hang out again, sometime." he commented as casually as he could. He didn't want her to feel like she had to but he enjoyed the idea of getting to hang out with her some more. Socializing wasn't usually his thing, but he could get used to this. You shouldn't get used to it though, should you? Everyone leaves eventually. A thought he was quick to push away, Orion's stuck around this long so that had to be something.

Krane chuckled and nodded, setting the dishes in the dishwasher and closing it. "He is indeed. You'll be able to tell him all about today huh?" he grinned and walked over to the food cabinet. He opened it up and leaned against the doorway as he did a quick scan of the ingredients they had, surprisingly it looked like they had everything they needed. He would've gone to the store if they hadn't but it was much easier when they just had everything here already. He peered over his shoulder before closing the cabinet door. "As a matter of fact we do!" he told her, turning around to face Violet. He paused for a moment "Wanna see your gift now?" he asked. He had been patiently, although nervously, waiting to show her the gift. He believed she'd like it though Orion was certain to scold him for it. He smirked a little at the thought, finding the idea funny.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Pyra shook her head, amused. Did he even have time to sleep with everything he seemed to do? Surely since he had time to spend with her. Even a cold guy like him did need his rest, energy to burn what with school and work in his plate. It was admirable to see how he, and others like himself, did such things. When she was younger she used to think the working class had no time for fun or for their families, but the more she went out the more she saw how wrong she was. They did have time for family and friends, and they always seemed to have more than her family. She supposed that's when she started to pull away from her parents kind of life, changed to become a person she believed she could be proud of. Some day. "I'll be back then. I wouldn't want to make you wait too long." A light smile crossed her lips as she turned away, ready to make her way towards the cashier when he spoke up again. "I'm honestly beginning to think you're crazy. You spoke to me on my first day of college, helped me to my class, hung out with me twice and now you want to hang out again? Have you hit your head lately?" This was a first for her, but it was nice. "We may have to take a detour to the hospital." She smirked, moving towards the front to pay. As much as she enjoyed this place, she didn't want to take up space bantering with Crypt. The pie shop was pretty busy today, then again...when wasn't it?

"Yeah! And can show him my knee!" Violet agreed with a proud smile, pointing to her knee as if to remind him that it was almost all healed. It wouldn't be much longer now! There was still a long ways to go before she was entirely healed, but this was still progress! A small something to be happy about. She giggled quietly, looking at Krane as he went to see if they had everything they needed for the Sheperd's Pie, waiting patiently with her hands behind her back. It didn't take him long and it made her happy to know he wouldn't have to unnecessarily go to the store. He wouldn't complain she knew, it was rare when she craved something like this, but she still would've felt bad. "Yay! Sheperd Pie!" She clapped before tilting her head. With the excitement of learning Orion would be coming for dinner she had slightly forgotten he had gotten her something. Violet was curious as to what it was. "Oh? Yeah!"