Redwood [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Crypt ate the piece of pie and smiled a little bit, admittedly it was really good. A bit on the sweet side for him but something he could enjoy eating again. He paused and met her gaze, shaking his head a little. "Never, I don't believe in lying. It never leads to anything good." he replied with a small shrug. He could be manipulative sure, had a way with his words, but he would never lie to anyone. He wanted to live as an honest man, something his father was far from. Crypt cut away another small piece from the pie, lifting it up a little. "Well that first bite has proven the truth. It's quite delicious." he grinned "A bit on the sweet side for me, but it's good." For whatever reason he felt relieved that he liked it, it made no sense to him but he wasn't one to ponder on such little things for too long. He ate the next piece and swallowed before he replied. "Ah...kind of already lost my loved ones." he said quietly. "I got into a nasty fight with my father, ran away from home at 16, haven't spoken to any of them since. Well, except my brother. I suppose I'd be awfully scared to lose him." Crypt shrugged like it didn't matter much but he would be devastated to lose his brother. The one person he missed dearly, the only one that still held onto him.

Krane seemed to snap out of whatever trance he had been in, biting back a laugh. Instead, he cleared his throat and pushed his plate aside. "Oops, sorry Violet." he said lightly and held out his hands in an offer to put her down. It'd be easier for her to eat at the table after all. Geez, focus will you? he silently scolded himself, offering her an apologetic smile. "I can't seem to think straight today huh?" he grinned a little. Though, that's been seeming to happen a lot more lately. More and more things kept popping up in their lives, little stuff for him to worry about. School, bills, his job, her doctor appointments, taking care of Echo and Luna, etc. Another reason Krane was forever grateful to all the help Orion offered him. I'll have to sell my soul just to pay him back for everything. he thought with faint amusement.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:39 am

Pyra looked thoughtful as she pondered his answer, unsure if she believed him. At least right now she didn't,she didn't quite know him well enough yet to say if he was honest or not. In her experience no one was, but perhaps he would prove her wrong for once. Maybe he would be the one to change every thing she once knew, if they managed to stay friends for long. A part of her was still hesitant to continue this, but something about him was different so that did help him a little bit. It captured her curiosity and she wanted to learn more about him. Of course she would go at his pace, she didn't want him to feel pressured to open up to her. Especially since she wasn't so willing to open up to him so easily. Not yet anyway. If she had to be honest she wasn't sure if she would ever be ready to open up about certain things. Subconsciously, as she thought about these 'things,' she pulled at her sleeves and sighed quietly. "If you say so. I can't say i believe you right now." She replied honestly, picking up her fork to start eating her pie. It would get cold otherwise it would grow col and though it was just as good cold she wanted to enjoy it now. However before she could get the first bite past her lips he spoke again, letting her know what he thought about the pie. "Too sweet for you? I shouldn't be surprised Mr. Bitterroot...though isn't your pudding pie sweeter than cherry?" A small smirk crossed her lips as she finally stuck the bite of cherry pie into her mouth, enjoying the warmth of the crust and the tang from the cherries. It was absolutely delicious, she didn't know how Emily's dad managed to make such amazing pies day after day but she loved it. Never was she disappointed when she came here. Yet the small, happy, moment was fleeting as he talked about his loved ones, the smile fading from her lips as a sense of guilt overcame her. She shouldn't have asked, though surely if he had been uncomfortable he wouldn't have talked about it? Even so, that didn't help the feeling lessen any. Although she guessed, in a way, they both had that in common too. She didn't really have any loved ones either. "O-oh, i'm sorry..."

Violet huffed quietly, holding her arms out so he could pick her up more easily. He was a silly person, but she understood that there were days when he had a scrambled brain and forgot things. It seemed to happen to most to all adults, she's seen Orion go through it too and she was patient. After everything she's been through it wasn't surprising that she learned to be and she was happy that her patience did seem to help them. A screaming child wouldn't do anything but cause more stress and she knew they both had enough of that on their shoulders already. They did a lot every day, she wasn't entirely what all they did but she did know it made them tired and they didn't always get enough sleep to make up for it. "Crooked thoughts! Krane need more sleep, then no scramble brain!" She giggled, hoping he could get some more rest soon before he got sick or something. Since she was small she wouldn't be able to take care of him like he did her very well. "Silly silly."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Crypt smirked faintly and shrugged in return, not blaming her for not believing such a thing. He'd imagine it'd be hard to believe someone would be so against lying, even harder to believe one would never lie. In truth, Crypt didn't believe most people who claimed to never lie. Lying made things easier, it lessened pain temporarily, and it could be beneficial to one's plans. Humans were selfish creatures that almost always had their own best interests in mind. However, he believed all such things could be derived from speaking the truth as well. Orion once called him an 'Honest Manipulator', able to manipulate anyone without speaking a single lie. Crypt continued to eat bits of the pie, savoring the sugary taste. He paused and laughed quietly "Yeah...it is...but this is sweeter than pudding pie." he shrugged. "I like sweets, just to a certain extent." He watched her for a moment, a small grin slipped across his lips as he stuck another piece in his mouth. Ultimately the crust of the pie was his favorite, it always was. It was crunchy, buttery, and a happy medium between sweet and not. Crypt waved away her apology and leaned back in his chair, offering a reassuring smile. "No reason to apologize...it was my fault and decision in the end. We can't help who our family is..." he explained lightly. Though, he did think about his family from time to time, ponder what it was they might be doing with their lives.

Krane laughed sheepishly, a bit embarrassed by his own forgetfulness today. He picked Violet up and planted a swift kiss on her forehead before setting her down. He turned away to grab their plates and head towards the dining room table. It was a small table set off to the side from the kitchen, able to seat at least four people. He set the plates down with a soft clink and pulled her chair back for her, the wooden seat creaking as it slid across the wood planked floor. "I'll be sure to get plenty of sleep tonight." he reassured her with a gentle smile. Violet always did care about others' health more than she did herself sometimes. It was a good quality to have no doubt, something she and Orion had in common.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:15 am

Pyra rolled her eyes, taking another bite of her pie. "If you say so..."she mumbled, unsure if he was truly crazy or something. Maybe she just wasn't as bitter as he was and therefore the chocolate peanut butter pie didn't affect her as much. He did seem more bitter and closed off, but who really knew Crypt made no sense to her, and perhaps that was part of what drew her to him. Of course people in general made no sense to here, but he seemed to actually enjoy her company and that's what made him different the most. Yet that's what also made her fear him for many reasons, but mostly because she didn't want to grow close to someone only to have it blow up in her face. That was something she couldn't handle. Her gaze lowered as he went on, explaining that losing his family had been a choice he made himself. For a moment she found the situation relatable, she hadn't run away and struggled to survive on her own, but she had often went to bed wishing she had different parents while growing up. She still felt bad however for, in a way, forcing him to tell her. No she hadn't held him against his will or anything like that, but she had said what she said in response to his nightmare comment. It felt like an awkward moment now, but she tried not to let it get to her too much. "Oh...I see." Whether it was actually working or not she had no idea.

Violet smiled as he picked her up from the counter and planted a kiss on her forehead before setting her down on the ground. She watched him pick up their plates and move towards the table, following after him with a slight skip in her step. Her tummy was growling quietly and she was hungry, but she had to sit down first! If she could get in her chair this time, sometimes she struggled and sometimes she got it. Short she may be, but she was learning how to make some things easier for herself. "Oh, I forgot my juice!" She huffed, turning around to go back to the counter and get her cup of apple juice. The counter was a bit taller than her too, but luckily the cup was on the edge of it and she got it fairly easily and without spilling any of it! A small moment of celebration for her, but she was quick to pull herself together and go to the table where he was headed, proudly holding up the cup for him to see. "I got it!"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:41 am

Crypt smirked softly, watching her quietly for a moment. He was incredibly observant among other things and enjoyed trying to read people which he found he was fairly good at. Yet when it came to Pyra there was a wall, a veil, that separated the two of them. Something he couldn't quite see past, couldn't read her so easily. Perhaps that's what drew him to her, the complex nature of her personality and mysteriousness of her entire being. She was quite unlike anyone he's met before and he liked her, undoubtedly he enjoyed her company. After pondering this in silence he finally bowed his head and continued eating, not wishing to waste even a crumb. Long years of little food and hard work has taught him to be grateful for everything and waste nothing. Crypt shrugged a little bit, clearly not too bothered by talking about his 'tragic' family history. It really wasn't so bad but it was certainly something of a hard topic for him. "So...what about your family?" he asked slowly, his gaze shifting towards her again in curiosity. It was always risky to bring up one's family but he found himself curious. Of course, she could choose to tell him nothing and he would respect that decision.

Krane turned a little to look at Violet's accomplishment, playfully studying the cup closely. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully before nodding with finality "I do say you've done it!" he exclaimed. Krane laughed and offered a bright grin "Well done, Violet." he cheered. He always viewed it important to make sure she felt proud for even the little accomplishments. Perhaps that made him a little soft on her but as long as she was happy that's all that mattered to him. He gave a small sweeping motion with his hand, gesturing towards the table. "Do have a seat little Madam." he said lightly, offering his hand to take the cup and set it on the table if she so desired him to do so. He always found that Violet was quite independent and a fierce learner, two important qualities that deserved to be rewarded. The gift in the living room was a reward to show how proud he was of her...and because he mostly thought she'd like it.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:21 pm

Pyra sat in silence for a few moments as she nibbled on her pie and sipped at her cider. Her thoughts were oddly calm, confused, but calm. She couldn't make sense of it, this particular situation, but she wasn't too worried about it right then. There was time later to think on it all, if she remembered which she was sure she would. Barely she forgot about anything, especially if it made an impact on her. Crypt had, more so than anyone has before. Her light gaze moved back to him as he asked her a question, one that made her freeze up. Family, hers. That was one thing she hadn't been expecting and she wasn't sure how she should reply. Or even if she should. Her parents were the rich snobby type and that was why they didn't get along, but he didn't know she came from money and she wasn't prepared to let this moment be the moment he learned it. Mostly she was just afraid he would see her differently, in a negative light, if he did find out. "Ah, we don't get along. My parents and I have vastly different views about what's in my future, I'm sure you don't want to hear those boring details though. I have no siblings." Or in other words, her nother hadn't wanted to ruin her figure by having another child. One had been enough, and she made it loudly clear that she was highly unhappy with the stretch marks she had thanks to Pyra.

Violet smiled brightly, happy to know he was proud of her little accomplishment no matter how silly it may seem. It was a big deal on her eyes seeing as last time she tried it she spilled half of her drink. Perhaps the reason she was never allowed glass cups, but that wasn't the only reason of course. Since her accident she feared anything glass, afraid it would break and hurt her somehow. Give her a lot more cuts that would take even longer to heal. They were careful thoigh, and she knew Krane and Orion took great care to avoid such accidents, so she didn't feel as scared anymore. Well, maybe just a little. She was sure she would always have a small fear of glass, or anything sharp. "Yay! Thankie!" Violet said, handing him the cup so he could put it on the table for her. Sure she could try and do it, but getting in her chair was a much bigger task and so she wanted to focus on that. It wouldn't be if she used her step stool, but sometimes she was stubborn. "Okay!" She said, putting her hands on the chair to pull herself up onto it The effort took a bit of time, but sure enough she got it this time. "Yay! I did it!"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:51 am

Crypt paused in his eating, taking a small sip of coffee as he listened to Pyra. He could tell there was a hesitance in her words, perhaps a reluctance to say anything. He almost regretted asking but at the same time he desired to get to know her more, even if only a little bit at a time. Instead of pressing any further though he simply smiled and nodded, setting the mug down with a soft clink. "Ah, I see. I understand that completely." he said lightly, as his own parents had tried desperately to take the reins on his future plans. "Parents can be difficult..." he continued casually. There was a reason he had run away from home, perhaps it was a bit dramatic of a response, but he didn't regret it either. He took another small bite of pie before he added "I'd like you to meet my brother some day..." he paused peering down at the remains of the pie. "I think you two would get along quite well." he smiled a bit and peered back at her. He didn't want to keep the spotlight on her if she didn't wish it to be. Crypt cleared his throat softly and finished up the remaining pieces of his pie.

Krane chuckled quietly, as always he found such pride and amusement in everything Violet did. She was spoiled by him and Orion scolded him every time, but he knew Orion secretly approved and would do just the same. "You're welcome..." he said lightly and took the cup from her so she could get up in the chair. He watched her closely as she tried to get up, slowly setting her cup down by her plate, ready to spring into action and help her if she needed it. Once she had managed to pull herself up onto the chair he gave her a small round of applause. "Two accomplishments in one day! My goodness you're growing too fast." he laughed, clearly proud of her once again. What could he say? He enjoyed making her happy and if small accomplishments could do that, then so be it! "Well done, Violet." he congratulated her "We have a lot to tell Orion tonight huh?"

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Pyra couldn't argue with him, she knew all too well that parents could be difficult. She's had to deal with her own for almost two decades and there were some days she felt like ripping her dyed hair out. It wouldn't surprise her if there had been days where she had done so, and if she blocked it out because the situations had just been that stressful. Her parents knew how to get under your skin, it made her reluctant to ever have him meet them and vice versa. In no way was she ashamed of having a friend like him, but she was ashamed of her parents and how they tended to act. So entitled and very annoying. She sighed under her breath and continued to eat her pie though she found herself a bit taken aback by his next comment. He wanted her to meet his brother? That seemed unlike him and she wasn't sure what to say to that. After all he could change his mind and she...what it they weren't friends for that long? What if something happened and they blew up at each other? She bit her lip and looked away, picking at her pie with her fork. "Oh...uh...I don't get along with most people...or well, they don't tend to get along with me..." Pyra mumbled, speaking the truth rather than possibly falsely get his hopes up...and her own.

Violet clapped, clearly proud of herself too. Sometimes it took her a really long time to get in her chair, sometimes she didn't get it at all. She knew she should really use her step stool, they got it for her for a reason, but she was a stubborn girl. Where she got it from who knew, but Krane always told her it wasn't a bad trait to have. "We do!" She agreed with her brother. They had lots to tell Orion when he came over for dinner; her cut was healing, she had got her cup from the counter, and now she got in her chair by herself without any help! That was a lot in one day and it wasn't even noon yet! A small giggle escaped her but she soon quieted down as she looked at her plate, she was still hungry. "Can eat now?" Violet asked him, pointing at her plate. It would get cold if she didn't eat it soon!

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Crypt thought about his family for a moment, twirling the fork between his fingers. His parents were of a middle class and not necessarily bad people, but their rules and views of life were strict. As the eldest child all of those high expectations rested on his shoulders; his father had made big plans for his future but it wasn't a future Crypt wanted to live. Parents are supposed to know what's best for you though...right? he pondered though he always found that phrase a little more than ridiculous. Only oneself could truly tell what was best for themselves. Crypt peered back at Pyra and shrugged nonchalantly "To be honest Scott doesn't get along with people much..." he chuckled quietly and peered down at the crumbs that were all that remained of his pie. He sat back in his chair with the mug of coffee in his hand, sipping at the dark liquid. "I won't force you to meet him..." he added, glancing at her with a small smile before he looked away. It was a subtle offer seeing as though Scott was planning to come down and see Crypt for a week when he turned eighteen. Of course, he wasn't going to tell Pyra that if she held no desire to meet him, which didn't bother him in any way. He took another sip of the coffee and sighed in contentment.

Krane smiled and nodded "Yeah we better eat before it gets cold." he agreed and took his seat across from her. He pulled his plate closer to him although he wasn't feeling particularly hungry at the moment. He had a lot of thoughts running through his head and it was making eating seem impossible. However, he couldn't let Violet know anything was up so he picked up his fork and scooped up some eggs. He found himself rather excited to invite Orion over, he only got to speak with him briefly last night when he got home from work. Hopefully he's not too busy... he thought with a small frown though it quickly vanished before Violet could see. Hopefully Orion could make it, he knew Violet would be disappointed if he couldn't and Krane hated to see her upset in any way.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:25 am

Pyra poked at the small piece of pie that was left on her plate, her head still in that small tilt of hers. The one that let others know she was thinking though what it was she was thinking about exactly only she would know. For the most part her expression was blank, but she didn't seem unhappy at least so maybe there was still hope. Although she wouldn't make it easy for that hope to be fully known either, she was very stubborn that way. "Then I'm not sure how you think he and I will get along..."she murmured, her gaze training on him as if she were truly scrutinizing him. It was very highly possible that she would get along with his brother, but she knew that people who didn't really get along with others rarely got on with one another either. If he was trying to set them up then that was even more, uh awkward though she wouldn't dare say that aloud. Ever. It would be so embarrassing for her, and she wasn't a huge fan of assuming too much. Her mind cleared as she let the silence fall over them for a minute, finishing the last of her pie before she sat back in her chair and picked up her cider. The cup was still warm, she was glad to see it hadn't gone cold. She wasn't sure what to talk about now, but the silence wasn't unsettling so she wasn't bothered by it too much.

Violet nodded and picked up her fork, attempting for the second time to eat the bit of egg she cut off back at the counter. This time was a success, and she was so happy because it was warm and gooey...and yummy! Content sounds left her as she chewed it up and swallowed it all, picking up her juice to wash it down. Her brother was an amazing cook, to her, she always enjoyed when he made their meals which made her even more happy that Krane would be making dinner too! It was a good day, and the day wasn't even over yet! She giggled to herself and put another bite of egg in her mouth, followed by a bite of the toast he made too. Her taste buds were in heaven! They weren't really but she's heard that expression used before when someone enjoyed their meal. If only she could eat it all up now, but she knew better than that. Eating too fast made her run the risk of choking on it. She's done it a few times before and it didn't feel good so she would be a good girl and take her time. "Yum yum yum!"