Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

DreamsandReality

Re: Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:29 am

"Hmm well you're being awfully harsh to yourself then. You should give yourself more credit..." he said lightly, lifting the mug to take another sip of the bittersweet coffee. There was something warm in his tone and in his words but he hardly seemed to acknowledge it himself. Perhaps he chose to ignore it, for such tenderness could easily become a dangerous open flame. He chuckled and leaned forward in his seat a bit, eyeing her. "Guess we have something else in common..." he smirked. "Mr. Bitterroot? That's a new one...kind of suiting huh?" He's been called many names before, yet with her it was not out of coldness or hatred. It seemed playful and oddly caring. Stop it... he scolded and leaned back again, taking another sip of coffee. He was a bitter person though, very few managed to see the kinder side to him. Crypt laughed and shook his head "My my, will I ever come to understand you?" he smiled.

Krane tended to the eggs while they cooked, sprinkling the rest of the ingredients on the inside before skillfully folding the egg in half. It wasn't perfect, but he was getting better with practice. After all, he was largely self taught and there were a lot of previous attempts to make such meals that didn't end so well. He slid the egg onto a plate and set it aside, already cracking another egg for his breakfast. He turned towards Violet's meal and studied it for a moment "How's that look?" he asked, peering over at her with a thoughtful expression. It softened a little and he reached over to gently pat Violet's head. "Aw, I'm only kidding Violet. You'll have your gift as soon as you're done with breakfast." he explained with a gentle smile. He moved the plate closer to her. It felt a little empty, pondering this problem for another moment. "Do you want toast?" he asked her.

(Eventually...when the list becomes unbearably long. XD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:50 pm

"Give myself more credit...?" She repeated as a question, a curious note to her voice as she tilted her head to the side slightly. Pyra didn't think it mattered if she insulted herself so she didn't understand why he seemed to care. It wasn't the first time nor would it be the last time honestly, it was just something she did. Perhaps as a defense mechanism against the insults thrown at her by others, but she wasn't sure nor did she care. If it bothered her she wouldn't do it, at least she supposed she wouldn't...she didn't know. "Hm I guess we do. How awful." A smirk slowly lined her lips as she eased into the conversation, leaning forward with her forearms resting on the smooth surface of the table. Now that she had moved on from her thoughts she felt relaxed, peaceful almost as she tapped the top of her cup. "Mhm, I think that's what I'll call you from now on. It's fitting, barely rude at all." Of course she would never call another person a name, even if they deserved it. She would always defend herself, but she preferred to avoid conflict entirely. "I try to make it a point to not be understood by others, makes life easier in a way. You're welcome to try but...I doubt you will manage it."

Violet glanced at the pan from the corner of her eyes as he sprinkle the spinach and cheese in it, but she made no move to sit forward. Yet. Watching as the yummy cheese slowly melted she couldn't help the small smile that crept along her lips. She really liked when it was all warm gooey, it made it taste better. In her opinion. It got so stringy too, if it wasn't food she would probably play with it instead of eat it. When he put the omelette on a plate and asked her how it was she finally sat up and leaned closer to study it, as if judging it almost. "It look good." She said with a nod, her stomach growling as if in agreement, but she ignored it as he pat her head. Once again she pouted and crossed her arms, giving him an unhappy look although she wasn't upset and the look didn't last long. "I need medi too!" She told him, they couldn't forget her medicine. Although she seemed to briefly as he asked about toast. "Toast? With jelly?"

[I think we're already to that point. XD]
Last edited by Icy on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Crypt gazed at her thoughtfully and simply nodded a little in response. She was certainly a better person than she seemed to give herself credit for. However, something refrained him from saying these words a loud, uncertain as to how she would take it. He grinned "A true tragedy..." he chuckled softly. He wasn't used to having something in common with anyone, perhaps he simply didn't socialize enough to find people like him...but ultimately he didn't mind. There was something about Pyra though, something that fascinated him and yet he couldn't quite figure out what specifically. "Well I won't deny that it is quite suiting to me." he smirked. "I take that as a challenge...I shall one day understand you, Pyra." Although he understood what she meant as well, he was much the same way in at least not making it easy for anyone to understand him. Orion has gotten the closest he supposed, but not even his own family ever grew to understand him. Hence why he was in this town now and not with them.

Krane was already moving to undue the lid to her medicine, pouring the dark purple liquid into a cup that sat on the top. It wasn't a whole lot and he was sure she was used to taking it by now, but even Krane hated taking medicine. He set the clear cup beside her plate and finished up his omelet, sliding the neat little folded egg onto his plate. He turned off the stove with a small click and set the dirty dishes in the sink. He chuckled "Well I'm happy it looks good." he replied smiling, it was always nice to know she enjoyed his food. After all, she needed to grow up on home cooked meals and not fast food and microwavable all the time. He looked over at her and nodded "Mmhmm toast with jelly..." he smiled and moved towards the closet to get out the bread, followed by the fridge where the jelly rested on the middle shelf.

(True. XD)

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Pyra went to speak though she paused when Emily came up to the table with their pie. The brunette set them down in front of the proper person and dipped her head, telling them to call on her if they needed or would like anything else. She offered a polite smile and nodded, watching her as she left before she looked down at her pie. It was still warm she could tell, there were faint wisps of steam and she wouldn't complain. Warm cherry pie did taste good in her opinion, just as long as it wasn't too hot that the filling burned her tongue. Her gaze went to his plate, a smirk on her lips as she studied the peanut butter chocolate pie he ordered to 'prove her wrong.' "You can still turn back, don't have to try it. Don't havw to prove anything." She muttered teasingly before turning back to their conversation before. After all, she didn't want him thinking she had forgotten all about it. "It is suiting, but it will not help you figure me out. You might as well give up now...unless you like torturing yourself." As playful as that sounded it was safer it he just stopped trying to understand her, there were certain things she didn't want anyone to know.

Violet looked at her medicine, a small look of disgust on her face. Though she was the one to remind him it didn't mean that she liked the taste any more. It was gross, but at least she had a yummy breakfast to get rid of the taste afterwards. That made it a little bit better. She sighed and picked up the cup, wincing at the sight before she brought it to her lips. The stuff smelled like grapes​ but it definitely didn't taste like it. A soft whine left her lips but she tilted it anyway and drank it as fast as she could, gagging once it was​ over. Never could she get used to that taste, it was so icky. "Ewww!" She whined, pushing the cup away from her as she looked at Krane with a small pout. As if he was to blame, but after a minute she calmed down, huffing here and there before she looked up to see him getting out the stuff for the toast. Typically she only had one piece, it was a struggle to eat two most times. "...toast..."

[Mhm. XD]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun May 07, 2017 4:57 pm

Crypt's gaze shifted towards Emily when she approached, offering a small smile. "Thank you..." he said before looking down at the pie. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but it looked absolutely delicious! Then again, was there such a thing as a pie that didn't look good. Perhaps pumpkin pie...he wasn't a fan of that, although it never looked bad. He could feel the heat coming off the pie in waves of comforting warmth. "We're past the point of no return...I'm going to eat this pie and I'm going to like it." he replied stubbornly with a small grin dancing across his lips. His gaze flickered towards Pyra for a moment with an amused smile. "Give up? Never...I'm against giving up." he answered. It was clear he was being ridiculously stubborn, but that was just the kind of person he was. He then shrugged and pulled his pie a little closer to him "Besides, what's life without a little bit of self-torture?" He's struggled all his life, putting himself through more challenges than was probably healthy.

Krane chuckled softly once Violet finished the medicine, taking a quick glance to make sure she drank it all. It wasn't that he didn't trust her not too, it was out of pure need to make sure she was well taken care of. There was always a small fear that if he didn't do a good job at looking after her, she would be taken away...something he couldn't even begin to ponder. He said nothing and quietly slipped two pieces of bread into the toaster, put in the settings, and stood by the toaster patiently as it cooked. One piece for Violet and one for himself. As he waited for the toast he ate portions of his egg, lost in deep thought. Again, he was calculating all that needed to be done today and then once more about the gift he got for Violet. He hoped she'd like it...and that Orion wouldn't strangle him for it either.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon May 08, 2017 6:15 am

Pyra picked up her fork and inspected her pie a tad bit, not because she thought it was poorly made but because she loked how flaky the crust for cherry pie tended to be. She smiled faintly at his comments​, keeping her gaze averted. Never has she ever met someone so frustrating, stubborn and yet at the same time so interesting. He was a curious person and she was afraid that she was starting to feel a little attached...that was​ really dangerous. "Oh...? Are you sure about that? I mean what if you don't like it? Going to force yourself to like it anyway?" A smirk crossed her lips as rest her elbow on the table, laying her chin in her hand as she watched him. Would he really like the pie? Not that it mattered...but it still made her wonder. "Yeah I think I've noticed that by now, but some self tortures aren't worth it. Besides, I'm not going to make it easy for you." She wasn't an easy person to begin with, but she was determined to keep her secrets safe. Protect herself and, in a way...him. Of course they could be friends, but that was all. Nothing more.

Violet still had a bit of a pout on her face as she watched him put the bread in the toaster though she was relatively calm by now. Still she couldn't get the gross taste out of her mouth and though she could start eating her omelette she wanted to wait for her toast. Her gaze moved towards him as she lifted her head up, giving him one of her looks. "Apple Juice?" She whimpered, sticking out her bottom lip a little bit. Apple Juice had a strong flavor and it tasted a lot better than her medicine, and it was one of her favorite flavors so that was a plus. Especially since she didn't like eating apples too much, they were too hard for her to bite into and the skin always got stuck in her teeth. She huffed and shook her head slightly, poking at her teeth as if there was some stuck in there but of course there wasn't. It was just her nerves being silly, they did that a lot. "...no want icky taste..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 am

"Perhaps...but I'm confident I will like it." he replied with a consistently stubborn manner. He grinned and lifted a small portion of the pie to examine its contents. It smelled and looked fantastic so surely it would taste just as wonderful? He hoped so...for whatever reason he was determined to prove he liked other sorts of pies aside from his usual. Pyra somehow had a funny way of getting to him, but not in a bad way either. She challenged him, questioned him, but most of all she wasn't afraid of him. A small smile curled at his lips upon this thought but he quickly shoved it away, such thoughts were useless. He lifted the pie to his lips but then he hesitated and lowered it bit again, peering at her thoughtfully. "I wouldn't ask for you to make it easy for me...what fun would that be?" he pointed out with a small smile. After all, he always loved a good challenge.

Krane looked over when Violet spoke up, a small flash of realization. He'd almost forgotten to give her something to drink. Come on, focus, get it together.It wasn't like him to be so forgetful and spacey. He smiled and nodded, swiftly heading towards the fridge to get some juice. He was hoping to have the juice poured by the time the toast was done, that way spreading the jam would be easier being the bread would still be hot. He got down a glass for her, not quite in the mood for apple juice himself. Violet loved it but he wasn't a fan of it himself, he preferred water over anything. Perhaps that made him a simple person but when has being simple ever been a bad thing? He hummed softly to himself, a tune he didn't recognize nor did he care to figure out. He poured the golden liquid in the cup and set it down by her plate. "There you go!" he said cheerfully, turning when the pop of the toaster sounded out. He silently congratulated himself on his small victory and proceeded to spread the jam over the two pieces of toast.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat May 20, 2017 3:36 am

Pyra raised an eyebrow at him. "Oh? Determined are you? But what if you don't? Can't just say you do, that would be lying. Would you lie to me Crypt?" She asked him, a slight yet playful look on her face. Her eyes were narrowed and oddly enough she was actually having some fun, real fun. It was a miracle, she didn't think she knew how to how to anymore but she found it nice. A relief in some ways. He brought out another side of her and though she did feel a bit grateful to him, she was​ also​ worried​. She didn't want to havw to count on anybody to be happy, it was quite the frightening thought. One she waved away for now as she looked at him again, smirking slightly as he lifted a piece of the pie up to his mouth and lowered it again. "Scared?" She teased, rolling her eyes a moment later. "Well, I guess that I've warned you all I can. Whatever negative outcome follows is entirely your fault. I can't be held accountable..."
Of course she could always tell him she didn't want to be friends and solve the problem right then and there, but she didn't want to so that. More like she couldn't.

Violet huffed as he seemed to have forgotten about her juice but she didn't scold him for it or anything. It seemed he had a lot on his mind and she didn't want to add to his stress, that would be mean. As his sister it was her job to make things easier for him so he could have one place in his life where he didn't have to worry about a thing though she knew he always worried about things. He was a huge worrywart, or so she called him. She watched him get her apple juice ready, giggling once he set it down in front of her for no particular reason other than she could. Giggles and smiles were much better than tears and frowns, well in her opinion anyway and she was one opinionated little girls. When she wanted to be. "Thank you!" She exclaimed, picking up her juice and taking a sip. Much to her relief it did help with the taste of her medicine, her tongue didn't feel like it was being attacked anymore. "Mmm much better!"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun May 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Crypt gazed at her and couldn't suppress the smile that lined his lips. He couldn't help it, there was something about her that made him happy... "No, I'd never lie to you." he said honestly before shrugging. "But I know I will like it so I'm not worried." he added with a grin. He was so determined to like it, as if his life depended on it. He didn't know why he was so determined to like it, why he was so confident he'd never lie to her. It was a strange...feeling and he didn't quite understand it. He scoffed quietly "Me? Scared? Please, not even all the nightmares in the world could scare me." he said rather confidently. He chuckled and lifted the pie to his lips again, offering a small shrug. "Hmm I wouldn't hold you accountable, as a matter of fact I'll blame myself for whatever follows." he grinned before sticking the bite of pie into his mouth. He chewed it slowly at first, pondering the taste. It certainly was a strange flavor but it wasn't bad by any means.

Krane smiled "You're welcome Violet..." he responded with a quiet chuckle. He often wondered what his life would be like without her and he could only imagine how lonely it would be. He finished up their breakfast and set her toast on her plate with eggs. He leaned against the counter and took a small bite of toast. Yet his stomach was twisting itself into knots which made eating a little more than unappetizing. Her gift was waiting patiently in the living room and though he was certain she would like it, he knew Orion would certainly scold him for it. The thought made him both nervous and amused at the same time. He watched Violet quietly, a gentle smile on his lips. What would I do without you?

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Pyra raised an eyebrow at him, curiosity coloring her gaze. "Never? Everyone lies to everyone at least once." She said though she had to admit she has yet to lie to him and felt no desire to. Of course she wouldn't admit that to him, but to herself was just fine. It was a tad hard to believe that at some point she wouldn't lie to him about some little thing or that he wouldn't lie to her however. Yet maybe that was because every person she has ever known so far has lied to her, especially her parents. They lied all the time. "Well if you say so. I guess that first bite will tell us the truth of that." Why he was this stubborn about this pie she wasn't sure, it wasn't as if she would dislike him for not liking it. Everyone had their preferences about everything. "Hmm? Not even a nightmare about losing a loved one?" He's yet to mention his family much, but she assumed he had one. Wouldn't it scare him to lose them? Although she couldn't assume that much for she couldn't say she would be too worried over a nightmare about losing her parents. They weren't the most loving. She waved the thought away and looked at Crypt as he spoke, promising to take the blame for whatever followed, a smirk on her lips as she watched him stick the piece of pie into his mouth. He was quite an amusing guy, definitely different from the rest.

Violet set her cup down and glanced at her plate when he put her toast down on it, wondering how she was going to eat with her food lower than her. It was easier to eat at the table, but he put her on the counter and she was too short to climb down. She pouted slightly before picking her fork up, deciding to give it a try at least. Stabbing at the corner her omelette to cut off a piece she hovered over her plate a little and slowly brought it to her mouth. However at the halfway point the piece fell off and fell back onto her plate with a little plop. Her pout returned to lips and she looked down at it, an accusing look in her eyes as of it had done that on purpose. "It jump off." She mumbled poutingly, her gaze moving to her brother who seemed to be thinking of something again. Adults always seemed to be thinking of things, didn't their brains ever get tired? Hers did, and she was a kid. Kids didn't think about a lot like adults did, well she was guessing.