Redwood [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Redwood is a relatively average sized town and quite the tourist attraction, especially to those looking for a scenic vacation. It’s surrounded by a thick, lush, green forest and filled with wildlife. So it’s not uncommon to see deer and such wandering about the streets every now and then. The town is well known for going over the top with Holidays and celebrations. The people here are quite spirited and take pride in everything they do. Although it’s not as large as a city it has a large variety of stores and places to visit. It has an amazing hospital and of course a police and firefighter station, as well as one of the best education systems in the country. Complete with schools for all grades, including a single college that specializes in all sorts of career options. Redwood is a special little town and definitely one worth visiting.

The town was founded back in the 1900’s and originally served as a home for the neighboring miners. Starting off with simple little cabins for homes and a single store that held the basic needs for the people. By the year 1980 it had grown three times it’s size and attracted people of all sorts, becoming a well known town and was officially labeled on the map.

However on December 1, 1999 the town faced a nasty winter and one that threatened the very lives of the people. Many tried to flee the town but heavy snow had fallen blocking most of the roads. The freezing temperatures made it dangerous to go out and even froze the doors to cars and occasionally that of a house. The town council did their best to equally and fairly divide up the food and supplies but many still went hungry. Several diseases and illnesses sprung up and a total of thirteen people died during those cold weeks. Finally on January 1, 2000 the sun broke through the thick cloud layer and gradually everything began to melt. In celebration the townspeople gathered together in the town square and celebrated. Sharing whatever food was left and playing music and games. It was a happy time as well as a time to mourn the loss of it’s people. From then on every January first was ‘The Summer Celebration’ where they would have a feast, play games, music, and much more! When night falls they all gather together and light a candle for every person who died that year. It’s one of the biggest Celebrations in the Town.

Icy

Re: Redwood [Reserved Icy]

Post by Icy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Your Last Post~

Elijah looked out across the area before them, taking a deep breath. He glanced at her and shrugged a little bit, sure nothing was impossible but she knew he wasn't willing to do so. He would always care no matter what and perhaps he cared too much at times...but at the same time he enjoyed caring. It made his life a little better, happier, every time he put someone else's needs before his own. He looked down at his hands, running his thumb across the back of one hand. "True...but I prefer caring over not." he pointed out softly, though he was certain she knew that most of all. So long it seemed since they've actually sat down and talked, though he wished it was under better times.

Katrina pulled out her phone for a moment, checking the time. She was getting pretty hungry and would have to go grab something to eat for lunch, feeling her stomach grumble softly. She pouted and rubbed her stomach lightly as if that would make the hunger go away. She didn't want to be rude, almost feeling bad if she left Cain alone here. She didn't know why but then again perhaps that was the caring side of her that she adopted from her brother.

Orion looked at Pyra and blinked, suddenly started laughing though he quickly covered his mouth. "I-I'm sorry...I don't mean to laugh. I'm just so tired..." he grumbled though his eyes still shone bright with amusement. He dropped his hand down again at peered at her with a bright smile. "You've known me for how many years Pyra? When have I ever cared what other people say?" he pointed out, clearly amused by such a notion. He shook his head. "I've never cared about what you're parents have said Pyra, I'll admit I should've called or visited and our distance is largely my fault." he began, clearing his throat. "I've just gotten so caught up on this over the years and trying to take over for my parents that it's often spaced my mind." he held up the clipboard a bit to make a point. He waved his hand as if to dismiss himself, gazing at her quietly for a moment. "I apologize if I've ever given you that idea, I apologize more for not staying in contact with you."

My Last Post~

Claire shifted slightly, crossing her arms so she wouldn't ruin her bun. "I'm sure there are plenty of others you could care about..."she muttered, just pointing out facts now. It was clear she was no longer speaking in anger... but it was clear she still didn't trust him. The way she kept some distance between them would be proof enough of that, but he hurt her and she was afraid that it would happen again despite his promise. She hated feeling like this towards him, she wanted everything to go back to the way it was...but even if he hadn't lied that would've been impossible. It wouldn't have been so easy to just fall back into place and...she didn't know.

Cain shook his head and got to his feet, he needed to go before his mom called him to take it. She would make a big deal about it and probably try to come get it and he didn't need that. He glanced at Katrina, wondering if he should say goodbye or not. She looked busy and they already stopped talking, so it wouldn't be rude to just leave would it? They weren't friends, but he simply shrugged and gave a short goodbye. "I gotta go. Um...bye." He mumbled awkwardly, offering a small wave before he turned on his heel to leave.

Pyra shrugged, not at all fazed by his laugh. Maybe it had been stupid to think Orion had believed her parents but the words were out there already and she wasn't going to take them back. "What's done is done, there's no changing it now." She muttered. No amount of wishing or apologizing would take any of it back or change the past. The past was a delicate thing anyway so even if they could, they couldn't. Who knows what would even happen if someone messed with it? A sigh left her lips as she lay her head in her hands, staring at the clean carpet below her. That was one thing that hadn't changed at least, how clean thia place always seemed to be. A simple carpet was more in order than her life, which was saying something.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:36 am

Elijah bowed his head, folding his hands in his lap quietly. "I could..." he replied honestly with a small shrug. "But I chose to care about you most of all." he said lightly. For some time he kept his gaze focused on the ground beneath him, watching a large black beetle cross his path. He sighed softly and closed his eyes, still wishing to just disappear altogether. He didn't like the distance between them, not when he was used to holding her close enough to feel her heart beat softly against his own. She didn't appear angry any more, or at least her tone wasn't angry in the least. Yet he could tell she still didn't trust him and he didn't blame her for that either. Yet the guilt wove its way around his heart, clinging onto him with a haunting presence. I'm so sorry...I'm going to make it up to you. I promise.

Katrina jumped a little, spooked by his movement. She had been so lost in thought, in her own little world to no real surprise. She looked over at him and sat back in her seat, her eyes gleaming softly. She offered a bright smile and a tiny way in return. "Alright, it was nice meeting you Cain!" she said, hopping to her feet. She wanted to grab something to eat and probably head home for the day.

Orion smiled a bit and nodded, looking away. "Mmm, I believe everything happens for a reason." he said lightly. "I wouldn't change a thing even if I could." He too believed strongly in the past, that it was something not to be messed with even if they could. Yet that didn't mean he didn't have his regrets, there had been a time when the two of them were close. There were some days he missed that. He raised his gaze again to peer over at Pyra, smiling gently. "Well, I can assure you I won't say a thing to Crypt. Though I hope to see you both at the uh...well whatever this turns out to be." he chuckled lightly, tossing the clipboard aside again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 am

[I had to rewrite my whole post. I had it done and it logged me out and I lost it. Ugh. ;-;]

Claire dug the toe of her right ahoe into the ground, trying not to go to him as she truly wanted to. To hug him. What would come of it aside from her feeling happy again and somewhat normal? What if he thought she would forgive him no matter what he did? Even though she already had forgiven him because she knew he was good person, one of the best she's ever known. Everyone made mistakes, he was no exception to that and neither was she. Some were worst mistakes and she couldn't say this was even on the top five. There were worse things he could've done. Even so, it was going to take awhile before they made it back to where they had been, but she didn't want to make to even harder on either of them. Didn't want it to be impossible because she was scared of allowing herself to trust him again. Baby steps Claire...she told herself, taking a breath before she slowly approached him. For a moment she just stood there, fidgeting a little bit before she spoke. If they were to try and rebuild what they had then she needed to make something clear. "...don't ever lie or keep anything from me again..."she muttered, her gaze serious despite her fidgety nature.

Cain glanced back as she called out in farewell, dipping his head one. "Yeah, nice to meet you too." He replied, a polite smile on his face before he walked away. Katrina was certainly odd, not that it was a bad thing of course. She was interesting as well, and nice, but he had doubts they would run into eachother again on his future outings. He shook his head and focused on getting home, he was thinking about taking a nap...

Pyra turned her head to look at Orion, leaving one hand in her hair as she studied him briefly. A once good friend of hers and now she didn't know what they were these days. Well, whatever they were he did have a point, everything happened for one reason or another whether it be good or bad. However most of hers seemed to be bad thus far, no good has come out of most of her choices. "I guess." She sighed, glancing at the floor again as he promised not to tell Crypt anything. A relief among the mountain of worry she had on her shoulders for now it was all on her, having to figure out how to tell him the truth was highly stressful. Yet maybe he would turn out to be like everyone else and come to hate her, then she wouldn't have to worry about it at all. Of course that was the easy way out and she wasn't about that life. "Well hopefully it isn't a formal event..."she smirked, thinking of her parents. They always got so crazy whenever it came to formal events.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:45 pm

(Agh, sorry to hear that. That's always the worst possible situation. ;-; )

Elijah had moved to clasp his hands in front of him, pressing the tips of his fingers to his lips. He stared at the ground, completely lost in his swarm of thoughts. He wasn't entirely sure what to focus on, what to think. He wanted to fix things with Claire but didn't have the slightest clue on how to do that. He furrowed his brows and closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath to steady his rapid heart beat. He felt anxious, like he was on a sugar high and yet he didn't really eat a whole lot of sweets. He sighed heavily, looking up to meet Claire's gaze. His warm amber eyes softened a little bit, the faintest of smiles curled up at the corners of his lips but it was subtle. "I won't..." he promised quietly, holding her gaze. There was a small spark of hope, yet at the same time the weight of pressure and stress began to burrow down in him. He was confident he wouldn't make that mistake again, he couldn't bare to hurt her again.

Katrina smiled and swiftly turned on her heel. Without another word she headed down the sidewalk, her exact destination unknown at the moment. Yet she knew food was the only thing really on her mind at the moment. She felt her stomach grumble softly, she clasped her arm across her stomach and hurried along. It'd do no good to starve herself, what could she say? She loved food.

Orion laughed and shook his head, a light grin on his face. "Fortunately I'm planning the event and not my parents." he replied, leaning back in his seat again. "Formal events are too complicated...I wanted this one to be friendly and comfortable for everyone in town. So I figured a casual event would be a nice change in pace." he explained briefly, waving his hand in small gestures. His parents always threw formal events, semi-formal at the least. Orion leaned his head back to peer up at the ceiling thoughtfully, letting out a soft sigh. "I have a week to get it planned and everything though..." he pouted softly. It hardly seemed like enough time but he would do it for the sake of not wanting to disappoint his parents.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:01 am

[The ONE time I chose not to copy it too, but at least I had remembered most of what I had written in the first place... ^-^;]

Claire nodded when he replied after a stretch of silence, letting out the breath she hadn't realized she was holding until that moment. As if she had been afraid of what his answer would be. That he would tell her no, but she felt relieved when he said he wouldn't lie to her again. It was as if she could breathe again and a faint smile crossed her lips, barely seen unless one was looking right at her. "Then okay...we can try to fix...this." Whatever 'this' was now she wasn't sure. Were they starting all over from the beginning? Were they still close? These were all questions she couldn't answer, not now. "Although...I don't know how far we'll make it. I'm sure some of the new friends you've made won't like me." She muttered, thinking of his friends from yesterday when she tripped right into Elijah. They all had laughed at her, not the best first impression on either of their parts. A sigh left her lips as she looked away, this wasn't going to be easy but she was determined to try. He had been a big part of her life after all, she didn't want to just give up on that.

Pyra smiled, glancing at the clipboard. "Casual I can do...I can even go feeling safe that my parents most likely won't be going." She replied, relaxing a little as she finally picked up the glass of water he had given her again and taking a drink before she carefully sat back. Her parents loved the formal events, not so much the casual where anyone was able to go. They were the prime picture of snobby rich folk that didn't like anyone less fortunate than them. Of course they gave to charity to pretend, but anyone who looked in their eyes could see it. The...distain. She shook her head and looked at Orion, nudging his shoulder gently with her hand. "Well you're doing me the favour of keeping quiet so I'll help you plan. If you want." It was the least she could do, and she had helped her parents plan events so she... sort of knew what she was doing. Besides it would give them a chance to reconnect as friends.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:09 pm

(At least you remembered most of it! ^-^ )

Elijah smiled faintly, it was a subtle sign of contentment but not much. He was afraid of getting his hopes to high, afraid that something would happen and he'd lose her again...and this time she wouldn't come back. He grimaced a little and quickly shoved these thoughts aside, he couldn't bare the thought of losing her forever. No matter what people said he truly felt a connection to Claire like nothing he's ever felt before and despite her absence and what he had done, there was still that connection lingering there, holding strong. He laughed half-heartedly, softly as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh them..." he trailed off for a moment and took a deep breath. They weren't terrible people but they were also nothing like Elijah, who certainly didn't seem to fit in this time era. "Mmm well does it matter if they like you?" he asked with genuine curiosity, raising his gaze to have it settle on Claire again. He smiled a little bit "I know they don't seem like much but they have uh...their perks." he said slowly.

Orion chuckled and nodded "I'd be surprised if they did, no offense of course." he said lightly. "My parents prefer formal events as well, keeps the...higher class people coming in. I prefer casual events myself, involves the entire community that way. No one is turned away." he said looking away as if in deep thought. He liked involving the whole community, it helped pull them together, keep them stronger as one. He shook his head a little bit and looked at her as she gently nudged his shoulder. He was a bit surprised but his smile brightened "I'd love for you to join me in this quest to plan the most amazing charity event yet." he chuckled. "It'd be nice to have some fresh pair of eyes too..." his gaze shifting towards the clipboard again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 pm

[Yes that was a huge relief! ^-^]

Claire moved over to the bench and sat down, pulling her legs up and hugging them close. Her thoughts were a tiny whirlwind, full of new thoughts and information that made no sense as of yet. If she studied it long enough then she would get it, in time. "I might have been born and raised in this town but I'm now an outsider, and most don't like that. Especially if their friend shows an interest in said outsider and possibly starts to abandon the friends." She muttered, thinking of the city. It was the first time she learned how... possessive some could be, everyone shunned her and she hadn't made any friends in the two years she was there. A sigh left her as she shrugged, she didn't know what they'd do but from yesterday she didn't get very good vibes from them. Perhaps it was nothing, but she definitely knew that it wasn't jealously...she was the one who told him to make friends. "'Perks' doesn't equal good." She replied, frowning a little.

Pyra grinned slightly, pulling back as she looked at her cell for the time. "Well I have about forty-five minutes before I have to go meet up with Crypt so I can help you until then and maybe come by later this afternoon, or tomorrow and of course everyday until the event." She replied, unsure of how long she would be out with Crypt today. After all she hadn't expected to spend so long with him last night, that just sort of happened. In a way, though it sounded cheesy, she had lost track of the time...and it seemed easy to do around him. He was an easy going guy...from what she's seen so far. She smiled faintly and shook her head gently, her gaze trailing across the room as a sense of familiarity filled her. "I know my parent won't go to it. They'll hear the word 'casual' and go running for the hills where they'll plan a formal event to 'cleanse the town.' I'll be forced to attend that where I'll die inside until it's over." Pyra honestly didn't mind formal events, even she liked dressing up from time to time, she just hated how her parents made it into a big deal.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Elijah gazed at her quietly before looking away again, offering a small shrug. "In time they won't see you as an outsider, you were only away for two years." he pointed out though his tone told a different story. It may have been only two years but it felt like an entire lifetime of being apart from her, two years spent hoping that the next day would be the day she came back. He lightly chewed on the inside of his lip, a recent habit he's picked up over the last few years. He laughed softly "Ah, that's true." he agreed and glanced over at her. "I won't say I picked the perfect friends but they uh...found me a few months after you left and I've been hanging out with them ever since." he explained quietly. No, they weren't perfect by any means but at the time they were all he had.

Orion smiled "Alright, well you're welcomed to come over whenever you'd like." he explained, he enjoyed the idea of getting some help on this project. His may not approve of it entirely but they were foolish to think he could put something like this together by himself for the first time in nothing more than a week. He shook his head a little, amused by the thought for whatever reason. He gazed at her quietly for a moment, truly happy to hear she would be meeting up with Crypt again. Both of them needed someone they could rely on, talk to. He lightly tapped the pen against the clip board in thought before glancing at her again and laughing. "Cleanse the town?" he grinned. "Well in that case I'd probably be expected to go, my parents think its important for me to attend all events." he rolled his eyes. He smiled and tilted his head a little bit "Well...you could always invite Crypt. Though, I can't say the guy really knows a whole lot about 'formal' events." he added thoughtfully.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:41 pm

"Two years is all it takes for some." Claire muttered quietly and sighed. So what if some saw her as an outsider in the town she was born and raised in? It was still her home, no one could change that or take it away from her. Besides... she didn't need their approval to be here, she was her own person and, though she wasn't particularly happy, she was glad to be back. As were her parents, even if they tried to hide it. They all had really missed Redwood, some days it felt as though they had been gone longer than two years. More than a lifetime. "Well they're still your friends so, you have to stick by them. Even if...it's against me." They were, after all, there for him when she wasn't and if after awhile they still had some issues with her then it would be wrong of him to turn his back on them. That's what she believed anyway.

Pyra returned the smile. "Well what do you have written so far? Anything?" She asked, wondering if he had any ideas. There were a few running around her head already, but he was the mastermind here so she wouldn't step on his toe. All she was here to do was to help him out and offer a bit of advice, she sincerely hoped she didn't screw this up. It would be embarrassing, but she would remain confident about it. "My parents wouldn't say it, but I know 'cleansing the town' is what they'd be thinking." She explained quietly, as if they would somehow hear her even though they were far from Orion's house. They always seemed to find things out when it came to her so she was being cautious. "Hey, feel lucky you won't be forced into a dress you can barely even breathe in." Pyra smirked, thinking of a few dresses her mother forced her into in past formal events. One time she literally lost consciousness because her mother tied a corset on one of the dresses too tightly. Luckily after that she began listening to Pyra when she complained a dress was too tight. "I would...have to see if I found a way to tell him the truth by then. If not then I can't, although I couldn't imagine inviting him either way...any of the uptight 'classy' people would hound him all night..."she didn't want to put Crypt through that.