[Icy] Gleypa Okkur

Killian

Re: [Icy] Gleypa Okkur

Post by Killian » Sun May 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Once sitting down, Liam was looking up and down, then left and right at the booth. He was too tall to swing his legs on his seat, but if he did it would have completed the picture of a child-like one excited about sitting in a semi-isolated place. The woman had handed the menu, not asking too much. Perhaps it wasn't the first time that they would be getting customers after nine in the evening, or that it was a restaurant that closed rather late.

Having been admiring the homey feel of the restaurant and basking in the warm air, Liam's dazed thoughts were cut when Nyx had started commenting with the menu opened in front of her. Hastily, he opened his as well. He gave a small laugh back to Nyx sheepishly, at her comment that there was not the "dreaded" penne pasta that he had the day before.

"Oh! Are you going to get that then?" Liam then turned to his own page of the menu, before pointing at the picture that piqued his interest. "I want to save more for dessert, so I'll have a salad with fish then." He hadn't made his mind yet, but he knew he was hungry enough to try more than just one.

While Nyx and Liam were talking, light footsteps could be heard. Liam picked up the sound getting louder, as though the person was approaching them and he turned. It was a teenager, with the similar eyes and facial features as the vampire, but instead of the dyed purple hair, he had dark hair that was the same shade as his jacket.

"Will!" Liam's smile grew wider, as he stood up. "I didn't know you were here!"

The evidently younger boy laughed a little, returning the happy look. "Neither, brother. I was just passing by the restaurant until I saw you, and ... your friend?" He turned towards Nyx for a moment. He was still smiling but for a fraction of a second it was as though he was evaluating her. Liam didn't seem to notice though as he extended his hand to lead his younger brother here.

"Nyx, I mentioned to you before," he said, pointing to William. "this is my brother, William. And Will, this is my current roommate, Nyx." He leaned forward a little to whisper in his ear. "And don't worry, she's a Fae." That could only mean that she was not human. William gave a short nod, before turning to Nyx, extending a hand as if asking for a handshake.

"I don't think we have met before,as my brother seems to imply," William said in a smooth voice. "nIce to meet you then, Nyx."
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:17 pm

[Sorry again Luki for taking so long. ;-;]

Nyx tilted her head, glancing over the rest of the menu. It was more than likely that she would be getting the pot pie, but she liked keeping her options open. Unfortunately the rest of the menu didn't look as appetizing and she wound up flipping back to the page with the yummy sounding pot pie. "Yes probably, I've been wanting it for some time now." She explained to Liam before looking up at him, listening to what it was he was going to order. Fish. Personally she has never been a big fan of fish, or seafood in general, but there were plenty out there who liked it and Liam was one of them. Now she didn't hate seafood, she just had to be in the mood for it. "Nothing wrong with a light meal, and I know how you like your sweets."

There was a part of Nyx that had the small feeling that she wouldn't be getting to enjoy her pot pie today either. The girl was in no way psychic, but she was intuitive. Fae knew when something was going to change, the air always shifted and they just ot these feelings sometimes. It helped them survive, but she tried to ignore it the best she could so that Liam wouldn't grow concerned. She didn't hear the footsteps of approaching company but vampires did tend to walk quietly and a Fae's ears weren't quite as good as theirs. It wasn't until Liam had excitedly called out a name that she was fully aware someone else was there, turning slightly in her seat to look at the tall and brooding vampire. His features were similar to that of Liam, there was no denying that the two were related, but she had a feeling that they were different in more ways than they were similar.

With a small sigh she got to her feet and looked at William with a calm, studious, gaze, her posture relaxed and yet... she was ready to react if she needed to. Although Liam probably wouldn't let anything happen, he didn't seem to notice the way his brother was sizing her up. It was as if he was gauging how worthy she was or something. How strange how one could read someone just by look at their eyes, but she wasn't one to be put off or intimidated so easily. Not even by a vampire.

Her gaze moved to Liam as he explained to her just who this person was, nodding gently to shoe she understood. William looked familiar, but it was possible she had seen him in passing while walking through the city. She wasn't one to pay attention to everyday people much. Nyx didn't quite like how he called her his current roommate, as if he was going to replace her soon but she supposed nothing was permanent. People moved on all the time. That didn't bother her as much as him leaning forward to whisper to his brother what she was as if it were some big secret, but she didn't say a word or let it show upon her face. Instead she looked at William once more when he addressed her, but something about it didn't seem genuine.

"Likewise..."she murmured, reaching out to take his hand with a firm grip. No fear, thankfully she didn't fear much.

Killian

Post by Killian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:35 pm

William settled in the seat next to Liam after the handshake, and said that he wasn't really hungry having just eaten not long ago. The elder brother went back to looking at the menu, as though he hadn't noticed the look of irritation on Nyx's face. If William had gotten a glimpse as well then he didn't show that he noticed. Seeing Liam trying to make up his mind, he pointed at one. "How about this one?" he asked. looking at his brother for a moment expectantly. "You liked that one."

Liam blinked a little, with a slight blank expression as he read it. He nodded, "Really? Then, I'll get that then." It seemed to be another of the list of food he liked before he had lost his memories, it seemed. He spent the next few minutes flipping to the dessert section, then looking up at Nyx again. "Ok, I'm ready to order. Nyx, let's order then?"

It wasn't long before the waiter came to the table to get their orders.

In the span of 15 minutes, the food was there, including two pieces of cake. William looked at it for a moment before giving Liam a light smile. "Hey Liam," he said, asking in an extra-nice voice. "If you're having cake, I think you should share." He wasn't that fond of cake in general, but a whim to get what he wanted from his elder brother. "that's only fair, right?"

"Oh... um, sure..." Liam remembering how he was supposed to be the elder and caring brother. He eyed the cake for a moment. "Please don't eat all of it though."

William gave a snort. "Of course not." he then turned to Nyx after the short exchange. It seemed that there were less people around to overhear them now, perfect for some light conversation. "So Nyx, my brother's told me that you're like us. Well, not human, not we're not the same race. Did you move to the city or is your family also here?"
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 am

Nyx bit the inside of her cheek, refraining from pointing out that Liam had already picked out a meal. She didn't wish to cause a scene after all and she did wish to try to make a good impression for Liam's sake. That didn't mean she had to like his brother's little attitude, she just had to make sure that she personally behaved. Luckily she was good at acting. Seeing as she's done it for years around humans she ought to be.

Unfortunately Nyx wasn't as hungry as when they first arrived so she ordered a small salad instead of the pot pie that she's been craving, picking at the greens leaves once it arrived. The service here was good, she would have to make sure to leave their waitress a nice tip when they left. Whenever that would be. She let the brother'stalk while she drowned them out, not wanting to be accused of eavesdropping or anything, even if they were just across the table from her. Her gaze returned to them when something was said about Liam's cake, a quiet sigh leaving her lips before William seemed to address her with what she felt to be a silly comment. Did vampires not have some sort of sixth sense? Could he not sense that she wasn't human? Perhaps vampires these days weren't as strong as strong as their Ancestors, but she was being slightly judgmental and wanted to stay away from that. There was just something about William that put her off so she couldn't seem to help it. At least she wasn't voicing any of her thoughts.

"My family is from the city. We have generations here." Nyx answered politely, speaking the truth. Her Great times five Grandfather moved to this land and her family stuck around, flourishing quite nicely. There had always been plenty of job opportunities, her family never struggled to say the least but that wasn't something she wore on hr sleeve twenty-four seven.

Killian

Post by Killian » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Whether William noticed Nyx's peeved manner or not, his facial expression didn't change much, but his lips moved to form a slight apologetic smile. His eyes seemed to say something entirely different though. "Oh, I don't think I would know, I was homeschooled and wasn't allowed to leave home much, you see."

Liam stiffened when he was in the middle of biting food, before swallowed it wordlessly. He didn't remember anything at all, but William had said that they had lived separately in the past. Whether the elder brother had been able to venture out on his own at all, it was unlikely that William would have sneaked out with him.

"Ahh, but since you both finally have met, you can find out more about her then!" Liam said. "Or... we should finish eating soon?"

William nodded at his brother's words then looked back at Nyx. "My brother's right. Please don't let our conversation interrupt your meal. I'm sure we can talk more."

With the meal finally ended, Liam stretched his arms a little before getting his wallet out to place the bill onto the table. Inspecting the bill for a bit, he motioned to Nyx that it would be easier for him to pay in bulk and get rid of his loose change. Since they were flatmates, it wouldn't be inconvenient for her to pay him back at another time.

He turned to William for a bit, " You sure you don't want to eat anything? you hardly ate anything." His younger brother hadn't touched much while the vampire was finishing his.

"I have already eaten, so I wasn't that hungry." William laughed as they would have gotten up. Liam blinked before it dawned on him. His eyes shifted to Nyx for a moment, unsure whether she knew what his younger brother was implying.

"Anyway, it's getting late by human standards," William continued, looking out towards the street. "Do you two have plans for the rest of the day?"

Liam was about to nod, but then had turned to Nyx. He recalled that she was saying that they should call it a day from the investigation. "Not really... " he searched her face for confirmation, in case she had plans or any suggestions how they could rest accordingly. Or use what they had found today to rethink the investigation.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:15 pm

Nyx stood when Liam began to pull out money to pay for the food, leaning against the side of the booth with arms crossed. It wasn't a defensive position, but it wasn't fully relaxed either. If something happened she didn't want to be caught off guard because she was too relaxed, in the line of work they were in they often gained enemies so it was important to be careful. That and she simply just did not trust others easily. The world wasn't exactly cruel, but the beings who dwelled here could be. There were times she wondered if her parents were captured by such cruel beings and that's why they were missing, but she always waved those thoughts away before they sunk too far into her head. It wouldn't do anything but make her paranoid.

For the most part she ignored the brothers as it seemed they were bantering back and forth about food, scanning the bay windows at the front of the restaurant. Ever since they started work for today she felt like as if were...being watched, but just like before she didn't see anyone. How odd yet interesting, maybe it was just her though. It was possible, but something told her not to be too comforted by that thought. Yet she simply shook it off, not wishing to worry Liam or have William question her if he noticed. Not only because she didn't trust him, but she just didn't want to talk about the case anymore today. She was tired and wanted to sleep, but by the sounds of it that may not happen soon.

"Hmm? We were planning to rest, we've been working all day." She replied though it was clear she wouldn't go into detail about what it was they were working on. Hopefully Liam got the hint and didn't say anything either, he wasn't always quick to catch her signals. That wasn't to say he wasn't smart, he was just a bit awkward when it came to reading people. Such as the Siren whom had been trying to seduce him earlier when they went to the underground club. He really was much like a child, unaware and quite oblivious to things, but she liked to think that she did well in taking care of him. His younger brother would probably disagree, but he did seem to be one of the stereotypical vampires and they didn't agree with much outside of their own beliefs. In her experience.

Her gaze moved over the brothers, was William planning on taking Liam somewhere? Was that why he had asked about their plans? She wasn't sure how to feel about this, but if that was the case she couldn't exactly just say no... even if they did have things to do. After all this wouldn't be the first time she's looked up things for a case alone, she was sure it wouldn't be the last. "Why do you ask?"

Killian

Post by Killian » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:13 pm

The edge of cautiousness in Nyx's voice didn't drop, but it was too subtle for Liam to realise. However, he did notice something rather odd about Nyx's
eyes. On the other hand, William's silently smiling face didn't change for a second too long. William leaned forward, so that he could look at eye level with Nyx. His hands were behind his back, similar to an almost innocent child to his brother's eyes. "Just curious." he said. "unless it's not a good enough reason?"

It didn't seem like it was a question he was actually expecting a response, because the teenage vampire stood upright again. "Oh!" his face showed that he just seemed to have forgotten something. "I need to get home, actually. I only told Uncle that I'll be out for a stroll."

It was only then that the elder brother remembered that William was still a teenager meant to be living with their other guardian. He wasn't sure whether he and Nyx should walk him home but William gave him a few words of reassurance. "I'll be ok, it's not too far anyway." HE said giving a small wave. He turned back to Nyx again. "We didn't talk much, but maybe next time when I drop by to your place. See you again."

William had walked around the corner, towards a park with barely any lights. Liam didn't seem to worry much though. "Hey Nyx, are you alright? You looked a little tired." he said, eyebrows somewhat furrowing a little in concern. Maybe hanging out later wasn't so great an idea. Though he knew that it wouldn't be good if Nyx only felt like they were going home because she was tired. He paused for a moment, before an idea came.

It wasn't going to work if he said he was tired. Nyx would have known that he's energetic whenever there was festivals or events. But surely she wouldn't object if they had to document what they had found? Who knows if they forget something, or reflecting on what they found might help.

The subway car pulled to a stop for a moment, and he quickly checked that there was another stop before theres. Liam didn't budge from his seat while seeing a couple of people alighting off.

"Another day," he murmured to himself. He wasn't in a hurry, nor dejected. Though like any child he wasn't the most keen to do work back at home, even if he was the one who insisted.