Anima Libera: A New Reign (reboot) (Umbrasight)

Authorlord

Re: Anima Libera: A New Reign (reboot) (Umbrasight)

Post by Authorlord » Thu May 04, 2017 5:46 am

Shade

Shade looked to Markus as he gave his emotions into his last speech before the battle, and if it weren't for that, this battle would have already been lost. Shade turned to the thousands of men, woman and even a few children holding weapons--forged or whatever they could find--shake their doubt away and replace it with the fire of revenge and hatred in their eyes. The lack of moral had grown into a fiery passion and the energy of every person could be felt in the air. It was time.

The roar of anger killed the silence. Two thousand strong souls charged forward to the remnant of the gate and made their way through as the sins were still recollecting themselves. Within moments both sides were yelling and trading blows and blocks. The final battle began with anger in hearts and determination in mind. This was the consequence of angering and threatening am enemy with nothing and yet everything left to lose.

"Come Wisemen! Jessabella Gave us orders to fight, so let's not show any mercy!" Shade commanded with false enthusiasm. They weren't much to get overly excited over something. "Now... where is that seductive wench?" they asked themselves. Synthia Ador was Shade's primary concern and opponent for this battle.

Deadrick Masters

Deadrick looked to those around him as they ran through the narrow tunnels. They were; however, big enough for Nala to have run through and the party to free running room. Water and other liquids mixed together splashed with every racing footstep they made to the main palace. The Dark King was no doubt there, and if they were right, the king would have a little company. Deadrick thought through that possibility and thus created such a large attacking part, but in all honesty, the more hands to fight such a powerful enemy was necessary.

The group ran past a large opening that looked like it had been blasted open. It was large enough for them to clearly see through without having to poke their heads through. Just by a glace, it was easy to tell they were still towards the front of Yuriksyn's grounds. They had much further to advance. It was a good few minutes before they came across another opening, but this one clearly dug open, and what laid before them sent a shiver down Deadrick's, and probably the others, spines.

If you had a large number of corpses and digging wasn't a convenient means, what better place to put the dead than in the sewer if not feed them to animals.... Before them laid that idea. Corpses piles on each other in the dozens, maybe hundreds.

"Damn them all... They deserved a better end, nevertheless a better grave. When I become king, I will see to it that the Yuriksyn fallen be burned in a proper ritual manner. They are to decayed to bury now," Celus spoke. He was determined to survive and win. He had the right idea.

"You would make a good king, but first, we must settle for one thing," Henrietta spoke to Celus about his comment.

Would?

Deadrick didn't think much of the choice of words. Celus will make a good king. He had much to learn, but with plenty of guidance, he could not go wrong. "There is nothing we can do for them. Words will only slow us down now. Every minutes that passes is more lives lost in the battle. We need to defeat the king as fast as we can so we may help out our brothers and sisters to the front," Deadrick advised.

"You're right. Let us head on and finish this," Ceel agreed.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Nephenee Heather

She took it slow, her gut pulled in as she squirmed her way through the gap. She was thin, even before she started living on one a few bites of bread a day, still she found herself wiggling and wriggling between bits of stone and crumbling mortar. After one minor scare when her sword got jammed at a strange angle, and refused to move for several seconds before she squirmed it free, Nephenee back back in the city, amongst the ruins of her childhood neighborhood. She stopped only for a moment to offer a short prayer, before she started at a jog down a road clotted with rubble and bone which lead to the market street which had once been the heart of Yuriksyn.

If she were looking for someone captured, was there a better place to check? Merchant homes were well built, only a fool wouldn't put them to use again, at least one faction had to have made them home. Nephenee hoped.

If not, then she would have to play it by ear, and try not to get stabbed.

She slowed as she neared a junction of two streets, not quite a silent approach nor an attempt to dash past. Like a half-hearted attempt to do both. This far from the fighting she didn't expect to see any enemies, yet when she jogged into the intersection, she found herself looking at two.

Ariana
“Stand fast wretches!” Her commanded growled, even his coarse voice was almost lost in the ragged cheer from the Yuriksyn army. Ariana felt her body tense as she shifted her hold on her lance. Keep her lance pointed at the enemy, that's what she had to do to survive. She should have deserted when she had the chance. Too late now, she couldn't very well make some grand escape with an army before her and one behind. She had no desire to make some final stand to keep the King safe from the enemy. If she felt defeat in the wind, she would have to find a way to slip away.

Her heart fluttered in her breast as her fingers tightened around the shaft of the lance. A grip so tight that her knuckles were white and the skin was pulled taught. A large man holding a blacksmith’s hammer and a crude sword was coming her way, flames in his eyes, death in his voice. Ariana hefted her lance, and as her ‘allies’ around her started to rush forward to engage the enemy, she thrust. A perfectly straight movement, aimed for the Yuriskyn's heart.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am

The two enemies stood just yards away from Nephenee, luckily not spotting her as she rounded the corner. They were to busy speaking with one another to have noticed. Whatever they were talking about must have been very interesting since they were not in battle with with everyone else. Perhaps a few were actually to be on guard to prevent surprise attacks? A single nimble soul could easily sneak past without them ever noticing, but what they were saying was ear candy for a specific mission for a certain someone....

"He's a devil disguised as a madman I tell you. You would not be able to describe what horror he did to her, the captured Yuriksyn. I can honestly say that what she went through would have killed me four times over," the first of the two spoke. He stood to Nephenee's left from the point of view. He was rather large and had a full pint in his left grasp, wrapped over his right arm in a semi fold.

"You're just piss drunk, Ivern. You probably saw a corpse and mistook it for a living soul. First off, nobody survives Blaze's tortures. Even if she was still alive, she'd be dead before morning, ney, tonight. If you didn't Imagine it that is."

"There you go again, always doubting my word. Just to correct your tongue, I will show you. Blaze kept her outside of Crimson Skull because he believed they would try to kill her to soon and ruin his fun," Ivern explained to his smaller stature friend. They began walking towards the palace. Perhaps the alleged strongest faction was closer to the king.

"Yeah? How did you, a clumsy buffoon who shares news like a herald come to find this out?"

My belly may weigh me down, but my hearing is sharp. 'There ain't nothing that I don't hear. No one can sneak up on me! Anyway, I overheard screams coming from the butcher shop by the faction. Female, loud, and I bet it was her. So, I had mi'self a 'looksy I did and found her there inside, barely breathing, naked, bloody, and hanging by her chains."

"Naked, eh? Was she as fair as a Yuriksyn leads their women on to be?" the smaller once inquired.

"Maybe a dog in heat could still find satisfaction in her, but from what I saw, and you will see, there isn't much of her I would say was appealing, and that is saying something." Once the big one finished, the smaller shivered as he imagined what he might see.

Lieutenant Barker

What was only minutes felt like hours to Ceel. It was his turn to take the lead since since Deadrick, the twins and himself were the only ones acquainted with the area. They finally got to leave the god awful sewer, but the stench was carved into Ceel's memory. It was all he could smell now. Thankfully the sewer had an opening just before the palace structure. It didn't look like anyone was around. Could luck be in their favor? Likely not, and dark army members would also be likely to be inside.

Ceel turned around after exiting the sewer and silently waved them up through the opening. One at a time, he gave a hand to the others and helped them out of the claustrophobic tunnel. "We are almost there. The throne room is likely to be where the king is and it's just through a couple of doors," he whispered. He hadn't been in the throne room too many times, but he remembered the path as if it were the only one.

Quietly and quickly they made their way inside. Right off the back, it was clear the darkness emanating off the king had soaked into the structure like a place. The once fine a decorative stone walls were now rotten black patches veined around the walls and ceiling. Portraits, paintings and banners were torn, burnt or ruined my the mold like blackness. Only the twins seemed personally affected by the scenes, or at least, affected the most. They grew up in these halls, seeing like this now... Their own home ruined... "Just a bit farther," he assured.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu May 25, 2017 12:07 am

Nephenee Heather

Luck was a fickle thing, it shifted on a whim between fair and poor, and always seemed to wish to act as an agent of chaos than a boon of any sort. Yet, Nephenee also knew she was a fighter, a warrior, fair luck for her meant death for the one on the other side of her blade. Sometimes.

Today, at this moment, Nephenee would gauge her luck to be good.

More than good, if the large man with more ale in his gut than common sense in his head was speaking true. She not only hadn't been seen in those few frail seconds between when she broke cover and before ducked behind the wall, but she had found a clue. A pair of men to follow back to her target.

Unless they had seen her and this was some ruse to pull her towards an ambush.

Nephenee touched the hilt of her blade, and received some measure of reassurance that her weapon was still there. If it was an ambush, she could at least take some of them with her. While the two men chatted, Nephenee plot her course. Pieces of rubble she could hide behind, wells of darkness she could hide within as she followed the two sins.

When the two men began to walk, Nephenee left cover as quiet as she could manage, and stalked after them.

---------------

Vanessa Xias

Back again within the halls she had guarded for years, though little still matched memory. Once beautiful paintings and banners were reduced to rags and scraps of paint. Centuries old -- lost in the span of months. And, in the throne room the cause of all this needless destruction and pain sat. Vanessa kept an eye on the hall while Ceel helped the others out of the tunnel. Not much movement, but there would be soldiers. No way the King would leave himself undefended.

Soon, this would be over.

Queen Weiss was the last out of the tunnel, she lifted a hand and motioned towards the throne room.

“Well, for better or worse, this will be the end of our tale. Let us make it a good one, yes?” She paused for a moment, lavender eyes studying the hall, “and let us keep an eye open for what defenders the king might have kept close.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Tue May 30, 2017 2:53 am

Selehna Bellrose

It was all a blur--a vague conception of time and surrounding. The process... gods the process... Selehna lost count of what that madman did to her. Was there any part of her that he didn't leave? Her mind, body, soul... all broken to the point of insanity--crippled. The madman managed to make her feel pain after her ability left her numb, only to destroy her even more....

Selehna grinned, seeing Veronica bliss and merry. They laughed together, enjoying the long awaited embrace. Veronica was always to hard on herself. It was nice to see the brave woman relaxed for a change. Selehna watched, eyes dimmed for love and heart filled the same. Veronica's favorite color was white, so she was always wearing white dresses; so, there she frolicked in one. A perfect view. Selehna looked from the comforting sun back to her best friend and lover dancing giddy like in the waving, windy meadows.

Veronica brushed back her long rose blush hair and gestured for Selehna to come with her other. She, herself, wore a midnight black dress identical to the design of Veronica's. She ran, bare foot, to Veronica just to be embraced in war arms. Blossomed flowers of all hues lifted to the command of the slightest gusts around them. This was all to perfect, but she would never complain. Their eyes locked before dimming simultaneously as they leaned to each other....

Bang!*

The thud of a wooden door with corroding hinges being slammed open violently woke Selehna from her dream. Immediately she forgot what it was even about. Could the madman have come back for more? What could he possible have next!? She didn't dare guess. Every time she thought he had finished with her, he found another way to torment her. she had given up hope on ever seeing his wrath end by the time he actually had stopped, but she never thought he was through even then. This must have been him rearing for more blood and her cries of agony. He didn't even have to touch her and she was already panicking. Her heart throbbed, missing beats. Her gut dropped with overwhelming anticipation.

The vibrating of two male voices gave her knowledge that she had an audience. They must have been staring at her naked and disfigured body. She couldn't see them, two bloody sockets were empty, and she couldn't distinguish voices from one another very well, some form of ringing sound that the red haired man made damaged her hearing. He also cut her right ear off. Her body was covered in cuts and scrapes, puncture wounds and torn flesh. Dried bloody caked her body from her fingers to toes. She hung by her hands, which had a single rusty hook through the back of them, over the ground, toes barely able to scrape the ground. She was missing a few fingers, a few teeth were also missing and many toes as well. Bruised painted her body all around. She recalled hanging over beasts of some sort, clawing and biting her legs as they leaped at her. She'd been stabbed in every area she couldn't bleed out from Several men had had their way with her petrified body, having their satisfaction to the fullest possibility. Her back and front were carved with scars left from countless whipping. And to top it all off, she was collared with a choker that made her feel like she was suffocating, but by now she had gotten used to it. She honestly couldn't recall everything done to her. Any normal person would have died... should have died... by now, and perhaps the madman thought she had.

How long had these two been here now? They continued speaking. Perhaps he wasn't among them. Nevertheless, it still didn't matter....

Shade

Shade swayed forward through the chaos around him. Metal screams and violent voices echoed all around. He had finally wandered into the Black Rose faction battle. It was there that he sought for one succubus, one temptress that no man or woman could resist--Shade was neither.

He walked, striking down a few enemies that opposed him along the way. "Synthia Ardor! Where are you, you wicked temptress? I am here for your corpse." He wasn't exactly loud, do to the puppets wooden voice, but he did get exactly what he was looking for, but it would see she found hi first.

Air ripped by the larger than normal bladed Fauchard that sliced clean through the back of Shades neck, chopping the head off with little effort needed. The wooden head rolled to the floor, just few from the decapitated body. It was over, right?

The seductive laughter erupted from a long and elegant woman. She resided on the roof of a building, leg crossed over the other, that was behind the now decapitated Shade. Her vibrant red hair matched with the wings tucked behind her back. She gazed through diamond eyes down to the wooden corpse before her. "Petty mortals. To think you even stood a chance against me, Synthia Ardor, the greatest succubus of them all! How childish. To think a mere human could defea--" She paused as she watched red strings connect from the body to the head. Just what was she watching?

Shades head snapped back to his body and turned a complete one-eighty at the woman above. Should he have been there in human form, he wouldn't even have doubted falling for her flawless curves and ashy pale skin under her barely hidden body. The woman's grin turned into in irritated scowl. Her wings lifted her off the roof. Her fauchard flew back into her hand. "Pesky mortal. Why didn't you die? I suppose you have some special gift or rejuvenation? Perhaps a curse of immortality? No matter, I will kill you anyway, everyone has a weak spot." Her talon like fingers gripped her spear with even whiter knuckles as she flew at him.

"Your attempts will be of waste, demon," Shade assured as dozens of red strings swung wildly from his body at her. Their battle had just begun.

Deadrick Masters

The empty halls left chills down everyone. Not a soul could bee seen or heard, but surely there had to be more people right? The king had bodyguards right? Or was he powerful enough to not need any? Queen Mavis had trouble resisting his aura, and yet they didn't feel any now? Just where was he?

It took several more minutes than it usually should to get to the throne room just because everyone was on edge. They had formed a circle to ensure no one tried to sneak up on them, or if they became surrounded. By the time they reached the throne room, Deadrick had been half convinced the palace was completely empty. He was proven wrong as soon as they reached the final corridor to the throne room. Alone, a single, large man sat in the royal seat of where the king or queen would sit. His death like skin stood out from his pitch black armour and jet black hair--his jagged sword embedded in the marble floor next to him.

"I was beginning to thing you were not coming, Yurikans, but you've only disappointed me with time," he deep voice radiated through the open throne double doors as they crept through. He seemed completely bored and unamused at the sight of them as they cleared the doors.

"We are here to finish this war and end your wicked reign!" Celus stated as he grit his teeth. "We will end you!" His threat didn't even phase the Dark King.

The massive wooden doors to the throne room thudded as they closed behind the party, revealing Blaze Masters and Fiona Jagger hiding behind them. Blaze and Deadrick immediate met eyes and they both scowled at each other. They both knew that today was the day they settled their feud once and for all. Fiona was the one who spoke with disappointment as well, but with subtle amusement. "Is this it? Is this all the people you brought to fight us? This wouldn't even bee enough to defeat the king, and yet you brought only eight people? Is this a death wish or a joke?"

"Enough Fiona, they are clearly desperate to be crushed under my boot," the Dark King spoke, looking down to the group who claimed to be there to take his life. "Pitiful." His gaze shifted between each member before he spoke up again. "Two children, a frail woman, a traitor, a witch, a weak girl who somehow stole one of my factions and two men who look more of an opponent that anyone else other than the witch I suppose. Where is your queen? Iliana, don't tell me you betrayed me just to go to her and only end up getting her killed? Or perhaps she's to cowardice to face me as well?"

He doesn't know? Then, what had happened between who killed Merry and the connection to the Dark King?

Jessabella Collins

Fiona spoke up again. "So you're the child I've been hearing so much about? You aren't what I expected. To think Narcomis fell by your hands. He truly was weak, but I never expected to be that weak. I'm going to have fun with you."

Jessabella stepped back and gripped her scythe. Her palms grew sweaty, gripped with fear and annoyance by the woman who was more powerful than the other faction leaders. If Fiona had an interest in her, then it would seem Jessabella's opponent was already decided. Her gaze with Fiona only broke when Deadrick put his hand on her shoulder. "Remember who you fight for," he whispered.

He was right. There were two people she was fighting for... two people she would be sure to fight for and survive for. Death would not be an option for her, she had already lost too much, she wasn't going to lose them. She was going to win! It was only three opponents, and Deadrick was taking care of one, it would seem she had to deal with Fiona as well, so that left the rest of the party against the king and--

Jessabella's thoughts were cut short as a large wet goop fell just inches from her face. She gazed down at the slimy substance at her feet before looking up to see where it had come from. Gripped to the ceiling above them was a creature of damnation in the eyes of darkness. A razor armored dragon with glossy obsidian scales hung upside down and glared at them with hungry eyes. Dragon drool dripped from its mouth. It took that to make Jessabella realize that the goop on the floor was actually drool and steaming hot. Well shit...

"Dragon... I hate dragons," Henrietta muttered as everyone else looked up. For some insitinctive reason, Jessabella felt the same way as the witch, but she had never seen one before except just once the months before when this very dragon attacked Yuriksyn. Odd.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:22 pm

Nephenee

Not a bit of caution in these two.

They chatted idly as they walked, no attempts to check for followers. Arrogant in their own perceived safety. A mistake they wouldn't learn from.

You have to survive a mistake to learn from it.

As the two ducked through a doorway, Nephenee slowed. She placed her hand upon the hilt of her weapon, and with a movement smooth and easy. There was a whisper of metal as the blade left the scabbard. The only warning the two men would get, and a sound neither man heard. She crept up to the open doorway, and paused just outside, two backs blocked her view, still chatting away.

Her movements were fluid, precise. The fat man was first, she swept her blade upward, slicing through the back of the man’s knee. She kept moving through the attack, using the momentum of the upward swing to being her sword level with the thin man’s heart. The fat man was only just beginning to wobble on his newly ruined knee, the thin man only barely aware something was amiss when Nephenee’s blade passed easily between two ribs and into the man’s heart.

He was dead by the time Nephenee extracted her blade and used her leg to kick the man forward. A quick scan of the room as the fat man toppled showed her no others in the room, aside for the bloody woman on the wall.

It took her mind more than a few seconds to recognize the woman as Selehna. Nephenee took a step forward, when a noise caught her attention. She glanced down at the fat man, trying to pull himself towards a dagger. But, he stopped when her blade pinned his wrist to the ground. And, squealed. He reached out with his other hand, attempted to pull the blade out. Only succeed in slicing open his fingertips.

“Please.” The man said. With a flick of her wrist she sliced through most of the meat connecting his hand to his arm. The man roared in pain, his other hand darting towards his ruined wrist.

So, Nephenee slid her blade through the man’s elbow.

“Mercy, please.” He whimpered. For a long few seconds Nephenee stared down at him.

“And how many asked the same from you?” She said. The man stared up at her. She pulled the black back, and held it over his neck. “If you offer no mercy to others, why would I ever offer mercy to you?” The man’s eyes widened as a cruel smile turned Nephenee’s lips.

“Well, I suppose this is a mercy. You could live your life lame, rotting away in some little dungeon. Atleast now your suffering will be brief.” The man opened his mouth to speak, to scream, Nephenee never found out, because her blade opened the man’s neck.

She turned away, scooped up the knife and walked over to Selehna. Still alive. First Nephenee cut the choker away from the woman's neck.

“Can you speak?” She asked softly.

Vanessa Xias

“My, something the King doesn't know? Why did I ever fear you?” Queen Weiss said, her tone was almost serene, Vanessa though. Smooth and easy. Almost impossibly calm. Vanessa kept her hand firmly on the hilt of her blade, her gaze shifting between the dragon above and the King on his throne. Vanessa could remember the oppressive beat of the King’s darkness the day the city fell, yet oddly, despite being so close she felt it only in an abstract way. Like the brush of frigid fingertips in the middle of the night.

“You, what? A dragon, a hungry little beast no doubt, a sin who is said to be the strongest of our number, a pathetic broken little boy who long ago gave into fear and never found his way back from it, and yourself.” To Vanessa’s surprise, the Queen laughed. A short wry thing, like she had found something amusing, but didn't care commit herself fully. “A formattable force, but I think the numbers with me will prove more than adequate.”

She paused, looked back over her shoulder and then up at the dragon ready to pounce. She breathed out vapor, a pure white, that hung in the air like a haze.

“You will die in this room, Tyrus. You, your pet, your wind up soldier, and the cowardly little boy running from his shadow.” She smiled something full and toothy, and Vanessa could help but shiver. “General, what shall we start with?”

The haze curled around her body, and Vanessa felt light. Energized even. Like months of worry and fatigue were being pulled from her bones. She did not look away from the Dark King sitting on the throne.

“Blaze has his brother, Jess has the sin. We need to kill the lizard.” Vanessa said, pulling her sword from the sheath. “And watch what the King does.”

Laurent

Metal impacted metal with a growl and a shower of sparks. The woman with the lance grimaced, as Laurent fended off the thrust. He refused to give ground as the head of the lance narrowly missed his shoulder as it glanced off the side of his blade. And Laurent followed her step for step as the woman again pulled backwards, distance was her ally, not his. The closer he pushed, the less room the woman would have to operate with. Even now she was holding her lance closer to the head to keep strikes nimble, with a loss to overall power.

So long as he kept pressing, he could beat her.

That was the idea anyway.

For now it was working, so long as he didn't make any mistakes, or let the woman pull him into enemy lines.

The woman stopped hard on her left foot, and pushed her body forward suddenly. A sudden jab angled for Laurent’s gut.

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Selehna Bellrose

Selehna's head jerked, awakening a pain hibernating throughout her body. She ached. She bit her lip but didn't dare moan her discomfort. The familiar rips of blade through flesh were still able to be heard despite her condition. Someone was here, and a one-sided fight, to say the least, and the vibration of muffled voices indicated a conversation. Who all had shown up? Who was killed? Was she in for more torture?

It was becoming even more impossible to hang on--to live. It would be so easy... just relax. She could just close her internal eyes and let eternal sleep take her away. Selehna found herself nearly blacking out again, but the sudden freedom of the choker made her gasp for air, grabbing her back to reality--back to life. She had been clinging to life for one reason now: Ver--

A voice, female, next to her spoke. Judging by the fact the choker had been cut off, and that nothing else had been happening, this newcomer was an ally. Wait...

"Veronica? Is-is that you? I can't really hear well, and I can't see anymore, but that doesn't matter. I held on! I held on for you! I knew you would save me. I didn't break! No matter what he did, I held strong. The bastard in red did this to me..." Selehna grew silent, exhausted to just even think of speaking. These next words would need to be well spent.

Selehna lifted her head from its limp crick. "It hurts Veronica... Every inch of my body aches and I have a feeling that the man in red could have done much more. I only held on because I wanted to live for you, because I love you Veronica and I wanted to be with you at least." She had grown a weak but blissful grin. Her expression grew dim, lifeless. Only the shallowness of breath could distinguish her from the living and dead.

"Veronica... I don't want to be like this any-" Selehna gagged. The pain erupted through her throat, leaving little time for words before she found it impossible to even whisper. "I don't want to be like this anymore," she pleaded. If she could, she'd be crying right now. "Please. I can't go on anymore. I don't want to suffer anymore. Can-can I sleep now. Veronica, can I finally go to sleep?"

She could only imagine the horror of the sight of her. Once a beautiful woman now reduced to violated blood and what could barely be considered flesh anymore. Selehna was done. Spent. Unable to coop with the pain anymore. With Veronica's permission, she'd be able to finally find peace.

Shade

The succubus, Synthia Ardor dodged the first wave of strings, barely, but as she flew right, the strings followed and tethered sharply around her ankle. Shade threw an arm down and the succubus followed, kissing the earth with her body. She groaned but stood up, riddled with dirt but relatively unscathed. Naturally. Shade didn't expect that simple an attack to do much damage anyway.

"You annoying brat! I will cut those silly strings of yours and ram my spear through your skull!"

If only she knew how futile the efforts would be.

"Be a good demon and just die quickly. I do not like playing around. Come to think of it, you'd make a fine piece to my collection.

She hissed and pointed to him. "Attack him my loyal servants!" Men and women, mostly men, turned to see their master in the air and then to Shade to whom she was pointing to. Next thing Shade knew, a dozen or so soldiers started to rush him. He grunted and started to circle in place, fending off swords, lances, and even a hammer--all with merely his red strings. Of course the wench would send her grunts at him.

As soon as it looed like Shade had let his guard down, Synthia attacked, fauchard extended to slice clean through his neck. "I said your efforts would be wasted," Shade growled. Synthia grit her teeth and flew back, lance stopped by diamond hard skin. Before her, the dead body of Shane stood. It looked at her with lifelike accuracy, but it held no life or breath within.

"How... How can this be?" she exclaimed, putting her arm up to guard. "What sorcery is this!?"

"Sorcery? No, this is the work of my creations! Synthia Ardor, I will finish you."

Shane's body launch at the woman. Desperate to gain distance, she flew higher. Her attempt was foiled by Shane rising even higher in the air. "Impossible!" She countered by kicking Shane to the dirt, slamming into a wagon. The wooden structure crippled by the force, but Shane stood up, unscathed, unfatigued. "Do you think you can win now?" both Shane and Shade spoke in the same voice. "Give up and die by my hand"

"Enough. By the power of my whim, I command you to stop." Shade stood up straight, relaxing, Shane mirrored, and stared up at the woman. Her lips curled, tongue licking seductively. "In the end, male or female, everyone is the same." She flew to Shade and caressed her hand against his face. She hummed a laugh. "Time for a sweat, deathly seductive kiss."

Synthia leaned in and pressed her heavenly lips to Shade's. She left, tongue sticking out. Dripping. "Hmf. Weren't you supposed to kill me? How disappointing. Now, die!" She put a single finger to Shade's head and pushed.

She expected to see his body fall to the ground. Limp. Lifeless. Instead, she found a solid stance, Shade staring her in the eyes and unphased by her kiss. She stepped back, heart pounding riddled with the one emotion only the Dark King had bestowed upon her. "How!?" Her eyes dilated. Her voice was muffled, and that's when she noticed the red strings beginning from Shade's mouth to her own. Impossible!

"You succubus are all the same. Your powers only work on the weak minded, and the living." Shane spoke in Shade's voice behind her. Synthia quickly turned to face him. She sucked in as much are as she could manage. Her gaze shifted between Shade to Shane, desperate to find out who was really in control and why her tempting hadn't worked.

"Your fate was sealed as soon as you kissed that body," Shane continued. "Now, ironically, instead of breaking others hearts, it's yours that will be broken!" He laughed. Synthia panicked, she wanted to speak, but the strings gagged her, allowing now words to escape. Frantically she clawed at the strings sinking further into her body. She screamed to no avail.

Shade watched with amusement as his strings dug deeper and deeper into her body. Simply crushing her heart wasn't enough. No. He wanted to cut her body into pieces. He no longer cared for preserving her body. Filling another body so soon after taking Shane's would take to long and leave him exhausted. So this was his desired compromise. He watched as Synthia tried to pull the red strings away, but it was already to late for her. The strings branched right before her gaping mouth and wrapped, tangled, and trapped her body under his control. She looked at him with pleading eyes, crying. She could no longer do anything but look and wait for him to finish her.

Had Jessabella been watching, she would either be afraid or tell him to stop. Even though he could kill her quickly like this succubus, he had no intention to do so. He only wanted to murder those who opposed his side.

Shade extended his arm, hand extended, open for grabbing. In a single motion of closing his hand, the succubus's eyes lit up as the strings reeled in, slicing and crushing every inch they covered. Her body burst, purple blood splashed and dripped to everything in range. Limbs and her head collapsed to the ground, draining blood staining the dirt and brick below.

"So succubus bleed purple eh? Interesting."

All Black Rose members who had watched stared in fear and gaped mouths. A few even shook their heads, dropping their weapons in confusion. They looked around as if they didn't even know where they were. Was it possible that some of these members were just under her control. Fighting against their will? That left an entire faction disabled now. Two left: Crimson Skull and Laughing Crescent.

Shade looked to the Castle that now had bright flickering light inside. Fire?

Veronica Flair

Everything was going perfectly, well, more like going as expected for it to go. The defenses had been centered around the main gate of Yuriksyn, proving the tacticians right. Honestly though, where else could you possibly put them in a battle like this? It didn't matter. At this rate, it would be a close but sure fire victory down here. The real concern was in the palace.

No! She shouldn't worry about that right now. Her concern was keeping Eliona alive, she made a promise. Her job was now starting.

Veronica deflected a sword with her bastard and sliced through the opponent. Both sides lines were thinning, luckily theirs was dropping faster. Explosions and magic littered the air and ground, scaring lines in to the earth and each others opponents. If only she still had her magic, she could wipe the floor with the lot of these bastards.

Her focus was reignited as a sin with a spear charged at her. She recalled the time she fought Vanessa the week before. Now was the time to use her uneven weight for her benefit. She brought her bastard up and blocked the spear off course. She used the momentum of the strike to swirl in place. Her uneven weight allowed for a faster rotation. The result was her blade in the neck of the charging opponent. She kicked the body off her blood dripping blade and caught another sin in a block. This would have been much easier if she had her other arm.

She coughed as the next opponent elbowed her in the gut and slammed the width of his blade into her like a club. His longsword sent her flying back. She skidded to a halt in front of the mercenary: Mercy. She coughed again and dragged herself to her feet. "Don't tell me your tired already," she teased as she looked to him, poorly holding her gut with sword in hand. That'd leave a mark.

Deadrick Masters

The next few seconds felt like only a blink of an eye, and that blink meant life or death for everyone in the party. One wrong move and it was all over. These next few seconds was already wrong moves. Luck was the only thing that kept them alive.

The Dragon sucked in and roar a terrible roar. Scortching hot flames bellowed out of its mouth as it exhaled. Deadrick for once wasn't certain if any fire other than Blaze's could hurt him. He'd obviously never fought a dragon before. His only reaction was to duck and hold his arms up in defense. As for everyone else. He failed them.

Just as it looked to be over, Henrietta raised a staff that appeared from a void of nothingness. A canopy of magic deflected the Dragon's fowl breath and left them unharmed. She gave a hateful and burning glare at the dragon. "I'll handle the beast. Everyone else, take your opponents." Despite not rhyming, Deadrick was not going to argue. He had just enough time to see Fiona burst at Jessabella. She had been distracted by the dragon, and as soon as she looked back down, a wicked fist had caught her cheek. Jessabella was sent flying, twirling in mid air, back several feet away from them. Her scythe skid yards from her body. Was she dead? She couldn't be!

"Jessabella!" Deadrick cried out. He would have rushed to her, but his vision was blinded by his brothers flaming hand. Deadrick winced, but Blaze hadn't finished his entrance yet.

"Your focus should be on me!" Blaze had basically rag dolled him and through him away. Deadrick lost his wind as he slammed against the a wall, cracking it behind his impact. He barely had a glance to see Jessabella's body moving. Good. She was alive.

Deadrick rolled to be right side up. Before Blaze came at him, Deadrick could see even more disasters at work.

The Dark King wasn't going to just watch apparently. Before the group could realize what happened, the Dark King was in play. He tore his blade from the marble floor and through it, thankfully hilt first, at Ceel. The king intended to play with his prey first apparently. Ceel couldn't stop the blade from ramming into his chest, sending him flying back and leaving May to cry out in shock. Tyrus leaped from the throne and was about to come crushing down on the frail woman, but Celus countered.

Celus used an amplified ringing to disrupt the king, make him halt in his attack, mid air. Either Celus was impressive or the King was weaker than before... Judging by the fact the king grabbed a large chunk of marble from the floor with his bare hands, the king couldn't have been that much weaker if at all. Celus was impressive.

Blaze kicked the wall where Deadrick's head had been, missing his target. Deadrick pushed his hand against Blaze's chest and blasted him with his blue fire and created distance between him and his brother.

Their battles had begun.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:03 am

Vanessa Xias
Vanessa kept her blade up and ready, her focus on the King as the wretched man chose to join the fray. She had to hope the others could take their opponents on, as much as they needed to all focus on one threat at a time, they very well couldn't. She needed to stall the King as long as she could, and hope others could join if individual battles were won.

And if not, they would likely all die.

Easy enough.

As Ceel was sent flying back by the King’s sword, Vanessa moved to place herself between the King as he lept from the throne and May. Thankfully, Celcus was able to stop Tyrus with a well timed attack.

“May! Go see if Ceel can still fight!” Vanessa called as Tyrus tore a chunk of rock out of the floor to use as a weapon. “Prince, Princess! I'm counting on you two.” Vanessa said as she took cautious steps towards Tyrus.

“Mercy”
“You seem to be the one panting.” Mercy said with a horse laugh, as his blade met his opponent’s with a metallic growl. The Sin was strong, and well fed, but Mercy didn't budge as the other man pressed hard in an attempt to push Mercy back.

“Needing to take a nap already? I thought you were some big badass.” He said with a crooked grin. Mercy pushed his body hard to the right, sending the man into a forward stumble. Fool had tried to use his body weight to push Mercy back, and Mercy doubted the man would learn much from his mistake.

And a quick jab of his sword into the now exposed back of the Sin proved Mercy right. Dead men didn't learn much.

He glanced over at Veronica, with her one arm pressed to her gut. A jagged smile crossed his lips.

“Need me to kiss the boo-boo and make it all better? I kn--” a tight ball of flame darted through the space between Mercy’s neck and his head, cutting him short. His eyes snapped to the source. The little girl with her hand still outstretched, without a word Mercy twisted in place.

The Sin was still holding the blade up, over his head, ready to bring it down in a crushing blow. His neck was aglow from the fire that consumed his flesh.

“Bloody hells.” Mercy breathed as the man toppled backwards, hitting the ground with a definite thud. “We’re getting shown up by a kid.”

Nephenee

“Of course, my love, rest.” Nephenee said. Her voice was loud, solid. Hopefully it would be enough for the dying woman to hear. One last soothing thing for her mind to cling to as the goddess faried her away. Nephenee turned away from what remained of the woman, and stepped towards the two dead men. She knelt down between them, drew her newly acquired knife, and went to work.

Nephenee was surprised, somewhat, that by the time she had finished none had come and bothered her. Sure, the sins were busy at the gate, still one might have thought there was a retainer or two will stalking about. But, she was not bothered, and she never heard any sounds of footfalls drawing near.

The heavy smell of blood, both fresh and long crusted and corrupted made her feel woozy as she carefully removed Selehna from the hooks, and wrapped her battered body in the cloth she had gotten from the two dead men. She placed the knife back in its original sheath which had gotten from the fat man’s hip and slipped it through the sash around her waist.

Better to have it than not.

With a final check of the room to be sure she had everything she needed, Nephenee picked up Selehna’s body, and made her way out of the room.

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:39 am

Jessabella Collins

By the bastard gods she has a fist!

Jessabella tried her best to ignore the new aching feeling she had in her jaw. She should count her fortunes because she was lucky her jaw didn’t break. She supposed all those months of barking at those drunk bastards of the Chaotic Wolf syndicate were finally pulling off. The pain in her jaw was accompanied by the new soreness she found digging through her body. She had hit the ground hard and now she was feeling the consequences.

She ignored her new found discomfort as she struggled to her feet again. Her scythe resided well beyond her reach. Fiona was a tough opponent alright. Jessabella would have to think fa―

Silver hair blinded her vision just before it blurred. There was no way Fiona was this fast. It was impossible! However likely it may or may not have been, it was too late to do anything about it. Jessabella heaved over and lost whatever else she may have had in her stomach as yet another fist pierced her--this time in the gut. Fiona hadn’t finished just yet. With no time to recover, Jessabella found herself thrown to the wall.

Jessabella lifted her arms in a desperate attempt to shield against the barrage of punches coming her way. “Come on! Where is the girl that beat Narcomis!? Where is the power that killed him!? I knew he was weak, but this is just pathetic. Come on! Show me! Show me!” Fiona demanded with both an amused laugh but dissatisfied expression.

It was over. Jessabella had lost. There was no way she could overpower a sin leader like this. She barely could kill Narcomis, but she had her scythe, and the witch had given her a boost. Now she had neither and Fiona was supposedly the strongest of the sins. There was no hope in winning. She had failed, just like all the times before that and before them. She couldn’t save her mentor, she couldn’t save Mellona, she couldn’t do anything about the manslaughter of Yuriksyn’s fall, and now she couldn’t even save herself.

“Snap out of it! Jessabella! Remember all of the people counting on us! We cannot fail here!” Deadrick called from across the room. “Wake up!”

“Dammit you bastard! I said keep your focus on me! I’m your opponent!” Jessabella heard Blaze spit back with frustration.

Jessabella hadn’t realized she’d shut her eyes, a river running down her cheeks, until she woke from her day dreaming nightmare and faced the ultimatum that was before her… Again she was foolish. This was bigger than her, than Karina and Deadrick and everyone in the room. If they failed, then the Dark King’s reign will know no bounds and he wouldn’t hesitate to crush all those beneath his boot should they not submit.

A spark lit in Jessabella’s eyes that made the silver woman blink rapidly. “How… You’re...”

Jessabella felt a strength build in her that she hadn’t felt since Mellona died. A low growl erupted through her teeth as she pushed off the wall and into Fiona, nearly tripping over herself as the grew distance. Jessabella dodged back, creating a distance between the two to regain her senses.

She caught a peek at her scythe on the other side of Fiona, only to have a glint of silver skew her sight of it. Fiona almost looked pissed. The woman took her two scythes from her side and twisted them in hand, feeling for the grip to complement her form of attack. “I don’t know how, but apparently they missed one. I’ll just have to finish the job myself then.”

If Jessabella was to win, she had to think of ways to get passed the woman. Perhaps she had a blind spot or could be tricked.

Deadrick Masters

Deadrick turned his focus back to his pitiful brother. “Blaze, we don’t have to do this.” Yes they did. “Just stop this chaotic madness.’ He couldn’t. “We can start over.” No… they couldn’t.

“Chaotic madness!? Do not give me that hypocrite tongue lashing! You know very well that you helped cause this! You could have stopped them, but instead you became their pet! While I was disgraced to be on my own.” Blaze stabbed Deadrick with his vibrant red eyes. “I will kill you! You will be nothing more than ash by the time I’m done with you! Let’s end this now!”

He was right, though. Had Deadrick interfered all those years ago, years that could have been dramatically different, would the world that revolved around them be different? Would their parents be alive? Would Blaze have still traveled down this path of damnation? It didn’t matter to dwell on whether or not Blaze would be the madman he was today… Blaze was cast out and left to his own devices.

“I fully agree, brother. I have failed you, and now that I see you are too far gone, I must end my mistake before you harm anymore people.” Deadrick raised his thumb to his mouth and bit into a porting of the bandage that concealed his entire body up to his neck. “So be it brother! Give me everything you’ve got! Unleash the true powers that lie within you and come at me with all your might!”

Blaze scoffed. “I intend to, but don’t cry for mercy, you won’t get any.” A red, hot glow radiated from Blaze’s body at that moment. The black tattoo that collared his neck burnt away by the power her started to let seep out. Those black markings represented the seal to the hidden demon’s powers within. Enfiro was taking over. In a matter of seconds, the red glow had transformed into solid licks of flame, making Blaze barely visible through his red fire.

Deadrick’s eyes dimmed at the sight before him. His brother, lost to his own devices, abandoned long before, had finally given into Enfiro’s command. Nothing was left of his brother.

Deadrick unwrapped the bandages from his forearm and burnt a long strip off, revealing vines of black tattoos to be exposed on his pale skin, only to disappear underneath the rest of the bandaging. He tied the bandage around his waist before shouldering off his cloak from his shoulders, exposing the rest of the mummified body.

It was Deadrick’s turn to unleash his demon: Pyroma. A blue of opposite but equal power emanated from his body until he, too, was nothing but covered in solid flames. Unlike Blaze, however, Deadrick had far more control over his demon. The bandages quickly burned away, as did the hidden tattooes beneath that twisted and turned around the entirety of his body.

Long had the feuds between Enfiro and Pyroma have lasted. Through centuries and more the two demons fought until their eternal slumber. When the brother demons woke, they claimed Blaze and Deadrick’s mother as their seed bodies. Now, two polar opposite brothers hosting polar opposite demons stood before each other. In order to end the feud once and for all, one must die now.

“All these years brother I have thought of that day. I’m sorry that the council never accepted you. Perhaps we could have been better. Forgive me.” Blaze was too far gone, but the words were more fore Deadrick, himself, than for Blaze. “Let us finish this.”

Merry Mavis

A lump formed in Merry’s throat as the king let out a deep, bellowing laugh. He wasn’t even phased by all this. He wanted them to be here. He wanted to crush them. He turned to look at the interesting hues of blue vs red and then back to the group opposing him. He was deadly just with his presence alone, a man of doom and darkness. Already he had hurt Ceel with barely a flick of the wrist.

“I get it now! Oh, this is rich! That bastard Vester and Victoria actually had children, and twins at that! They never did listen to me when I warned them, and the result, they are both dead. It’s a shame she couldn’t have fallen by my hand like your bastard father did.”

What?

Celus clenched his fists, turning his knuckles white. “You did what?”

“Iliana, did you kill Victoria? Did you betray yet another ruler over you? Or perhaps, she died because you couldn’t save her?” the Dark King lead on. What was he saying? What was he doing? Did he know their parents?

“You knew our father?” Celus inquired rather harshly, but Merry wasn’t going to complain--it was the Dark King they were speaking to. “You killed father!?”

“And so what if I did? He was just as big of a fool as this entire kingdom for following the Mavis bloodline so blindly. Your damned queen had darker secrets than you could possibly imagine.” He eyed his crowd. “She never told you how this all happened? She never revealed her secrets to you? Then you were being played by the Fairest Queen, your so called perfect queen.”

“Shut up about her!” Merry found herself yelling. He was stalling, but for pure amusement of his own. He wanted to get them wild. He was going to get wild.

Merry and Celus lashed out as if in unison and attacked. Celus extended his hands and shot an invisible wave, to which Merry assumed was some form of sound, but the king only through the marble in the line of fire, exploding into a loud of dust. Merry had raised her fist and treetrunk shot from the ground, nearly catching him off guard but he simply held out his hand and blocked while side stepping. If he had to move, that meant she had pushed him a little.

“Even in death she misguides you all. If you only knew the truth! You would never even have considered following her!”

Lieutenant Barker

Not even a minute in and he was already hurt. What kind of impression was that? The king’s sword had slammed butt first into his armour. Had Ceel not been wearing any, the hilt probably would have actually punctured through his body. Ceel stiffled to a sitting up position when May ran over, tears already in her eyes. By the gods she was sentimental. She really shouldn’t have come today.

“Hold still, I’m going to heal you as much as I can for now. Don’t move you wreckless‒” Ceel cut May off as he started working to his knees.

“I can’t just watch while you heal me. It’s just a bruise. Save your magic for a more severe injury. For now stay out of this!” he demanded. There was no way in hell he would let her die here.

The king was rambling on about something. Had he actually known the king and queen before? He spoke as such, and he was speaking in riddles, but something told him that the Dark King wasn’t going to be elaborating anytime soon. But he was saying he killed the Yuriksyn king… seven years ago the king died of an illness unable to be cured even by Holy Magic. If what he said was true….

The king was making his moves now. He got Merry and Celus to attack, now it was time for real battle. Ceel pushed passed May and ran to help. He pulled out his massive great sword and launched at the king.

No luck.

Tyrus caught the blade between his hands a tried to shake Ceel off, but he had long since let go and ducked as the king used the sword backwards in the moment. Ceel thrusted out a punch and only grazed the Dark King’s side, making him lose focus on the sword. This was his time to get it back.

Ceel kicked off the king, who didn’t even budge, and reclaimed what was rightfully his. He regrouped with Merry and Celus next to General Vanessa and Queen Weiss. He was only briefly distracted by the fire and colorful blasts of magic overhead. The witch was certainly holding off the dragon, but it looked like she was having a little difficulty.

It was only when he saw the the dragon slam the witch with it’s head through the glass panes way overhead that he was forced to look away. Instinct kicked in and the first thing he did was sheathe his sword and shield the twins from the falling debris of glass and stone.

He coughed through the dust. Fortunate for him, barely any rubble fell upon him. That being said, the room, or at least in their area, was blinded. The dust hung like a fog in the air, limiting their vision. This was bad.

Henrietta

She’d sooner cook this dragon in a stew or potion before she would ever like them. Boastful creatures who believed their wisdom was far superior than any other magic being and human was the basis of the basic summary of them. She hated dragons with a passion.

“Grimmy mongrel. I shall make you pay in full.” She flew higher, away from the castle, trying, and succeeding, in luring the monstrous beast away. The sooner it got away, the less damage it could do to others, intentionally or not. How ungraceful.

It was a fire dragon, so water would be the best counter, however there was none around, leaving air and the dragon’s heart to counter the fiery, foul breath that shot from it’s mouth.  She twisted on her broom and aimed her staff at the hungry beast that followed. Shot after shot, blasts of magic missed and hit the target.

The thing with dragons was that they were tough and magic resistant. Each impact only bruised it like an apple, but no real damage would be done anytime soon.

She dived down as a ball of fire missed her by a narrow margin. She would need to get in close.

Selehna Bellrose

Selehna coughed through a weak smile, hearing the slightly less than vibrating noise this time. Did she hear ‘my love?’ Veronica had never called her that before. Finally… after so long she finally was with Veronica. If only she had time. If only she could cry.

Selehna desperately wanted to speak, to thank Veronica, to called her ‘love’ back, to do everything, but not a whisper escaped her mouth as she mouthed her last words‒her last breath.

She died before she even knew she was being cut down. And as Nephenee carried her away, her limp, lifeless, body bobbed under the fabric with every step made.

Veronica Flair

Veronica smirked at the mercenary as he teased her back. “For a fearless merc, you sure know how to be showed up. I was in a coma, lost my arm, all of my magic, and my beast wolf is in a better place, yet here I am, standing on equal grounds as you.” She suppressed a genuine laugh. How could she be so cheerful at a time like this? It felt so good….

She looked back to Eliona and nodded. “Good shot kid.” She stretched out the pain and strolled up to Mercy. She dug her sword into the dirt and tapped the mercs chin from underneath. “You should be honored I’m here,” she finished her taunt. She carried on her way, taking her sword back from the earth. “Keep that chin up, it makes you more attractive.”

And keeps the kid’s shot opening wide.

A thin, scrawny sin charged at her, yelling like a maniac. He swung a mace down at her, but she ducked to the side, using her sword to keep the mace from scraping her back. With a whirl of the sword, the cold steel found it’s mark in the back of the sin’s neck. The dead body slid off like grease. “Keep up,” she called back to Mercy. “You wanna show a woman a good time or what?”

Despite all bliss moments, no matter if they are in dark times or the best of times… they all ended.

Veronica stopped cold in her tracks as this wave of emotion took over her. She couldn’t explain it, but she was suddenly heartbroken. What had happened? What caused this? She felt her eyes sting as salty tears streamed down her face. “W-why….?” she whispered as she dropped to her knees, barely having the sense to prop herself up with the sword.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Illiana Weiss
“What a weak little child Blaze was.” Iliana said as she looked back at the flickering hues of red and blue. If she had been better at pacifying him, could this had been avoided? Part of her wished it to have been true, that there had been a solution she had simply overlooked, yet. No. The boy had been long broken by the time she had gotten him. Frightened of even his own shadow, and violence his means of coping.

She had offered him other paths, but in the end this had been the one Blaze chose for himself. And despite herself, Iliana couldn't help but feel some measure of pity for the boy. He had always been too blind to ever try to find another way.

Perhaps, he would find some measure of peace in death.

Her attention shifted away, returned to Tyrus as the man gloated. Taunted them. A pastime the wretch had always found pleasurable. Illiana however simply frowned. Did he truly not know? Had he not orchestrated Mavis’s death? What sort of game was being played here? Iliana’s frown deepened, and she crossed her arms over her chest. Around her others were growing agitated by the man’s words and revelations, but Weiss simply seemed troubled.

“My, my, you surprise me again, do you truly not know?” A slow smiled curled her lips. An understanding light in her eyes. “Oh, are you losing control? Is everyone running a plan behind your back? My I leave for a month and look how much you have slipped, but I wouldn't worry too much. You are going to die today, after all.”

She did not move as the King drew ever closer, nor as he blocked a series of attacks by the twins and Ceel. But her mist danced and twisted, dampened the oppressive darkness of the king. Gave the fighters a chance.

Vanessa Xias

Dust mingled with the quivering vapor in the air, twisting into an obscuring haze of dancing particles. No glass had struck her, but it would be on the floor. Her boots, she hoped, would be thick enough to keep from being cut by any glass on the ground. So, without worrying too much Vanessa pressed forward towards the King.

“Ceel! Keep the kids safe.” Vanessa called. This wouldn't make for a good stealth attack, but even then stealth wasn't what she was after. She needed to keep the King distracted as long as she could. Calling out would hopefully divert his attention, and if that didn't, then Vanessa would use her blade.

The King’s bulk became visible through the haze, a mass of black. Vanessa couldn't tell which way the man was looking, but she didn't care. As she drew near, the haze parted as the king swung a massive fist in her direction. Vanessa managed to shift her weight in time to keep from taking the full force of the blow, but the fist did glance off her shoulder. There was a dull pain, and Vanessa slashed upwards with her sword. She felt the blade connect, but she was also certain that the cut would be shallow, her angle had been too awkward for anything deep.

Vanessa darted backwards as a second fist flew in her direction.

“Mercy”
“Women.” Mercy said, running his thumb under his chin where Veronica had lifted his head. Compared to how she had been after news that her lover had been taken captive Flare almost seemed like a different woman. And the enemy was on the receiving end of her newfound energy.

“Oh, I can show a woman a good time.” Mercy shot back, as his elbow caught a Sin in the neck sending them man fumbling backwards into his companion. The two men toppled over into a rough heap, and two quick movements of his blade put an end to their lives.

“Ms Flair!” The little girl called, and Mercy spun in place. The woman was on her knees, looking lost. To her right was a sin desperately attempting to smother a growing ball of flame on his chest while a second man hefted his weapon up over his head, prepared to deliver the killing blow.

“Behind!” Mercy growled as he rushed over, barely arriving in time to use his sword to block the attack. The two weapons met with a screech and the Sin attempted to press hard to push Mercy back.

Mercy, ever the tactician head butted his opponent. The man was momentarily dazed as Mercy quickly lifted his head up.

He could feel the heat of the arrow shaped flame as it passed through the space between Mercy’s chin and neck and caught his opponent in the eye. The man released his hold on his weapon and fell, screaming.

“Good shot kid.” Mercy said, as he looked back over his shoulder at Flare. “The hell’s wrong? Admitting defeat already?”