Anima Libera: A New Reign (reboot) (Umbrasight)

Authorlord

Anima Libera: A New Reign (reboot) (Umbrasight)

Post by Authorlord » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:22 am

Jessabella Collins

Jessabella struggled not to fidgit to obviously in front of everyone. Although Deadrick's and her secret were obviously only between them, she still couldn't help but feel like all eyes were on her, which they weren't, but nevertheless her mind felt as such, tricking herself into being embarrassed. Last night fogged her mind.

The remnants of the party entered the room, making everyone present rather than accounted for. This was a big day and no one knew just how it would end. If the King wasn't such a problem, perhaps certainty would surface from the boiling pit of unease swelling inside their guts; however, war isn't leisurely won like a master of chess to a mere novice. It wouldn't be war if that was the case.

It felt like a dragon was in the room and none other than Veronica, who was notorious for her pointing out what was to dreadful to utter a word about, who spoke of said dragon. "We are all thinking it.... The uncertainty, anger, fear, dress, pain, and many more feelings needless to say. We're thinking of the uncertainty in winning a war that looks almost entirely lost, how if Queen Mavis is dead that no one is substantially able to come to par with the King, or how the two armies will collide with a single deciding outcome... or that if the King were to die, but our army was defeated.... Of how we could never see the living life if the person next to you in this very room ever again."

May looked down as she stepped behind Ceel for cover to hide from the reality Veronica spoke. Jessabella instantly forgot of last night and found even her thoughts grew silent from those words. She was right. In all likelihood of that fact, one couldn't help but wonder who, if not you, yourself.

"I guess this is the time to say our goodbyes. The king party will be leaving soon... We do not know who we will see again, and although I pra... I hope to see you all alive, I understand the probability of such outcome."

"Fret not young human, we are all man and women seeking to win in the end. I could say we would all be coming back alive, but that would be a lie. Now is no time to say goodbye, but again... you will get no other try," Henrietta replied to Veronica's comment. "However unfortunate is this ungodly test, I wish you all, nevertheless, the best."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Anima Libera: A New Reign (reboot) (Umbrasight)

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:36 am

“What will pass, will pass. Say your goodbyes, and push the rest from your mind. Worrying of it will not change the outcome, hesitation will not stop steel from opening skin. We all know our roles, and once we leave this room remember, you chose to stay. Deep down, somewhere within your heart hope exists. If you truly believed our plight hopeless, then you would have slipped away in the night. Find that hope within yourself. Cling to it.” Over her heart Iliyana grasped a handful of her shirt and held it tight. Her lavender eyes slide across the gathered, a determinations she hadn’t felt in years in her eyes. A hard edge. Karina dipped her head forward in a quick bow.

“May the divine grace those who go to face the king.” Karina said, her voice low, barely a murmur.

“And may the same grace be extended to those who will face the remaining sins.” Vanessa said, breaking her own silence. Markus smiled, half uncertainty, half reassurance.

“I will do all I can to keep the sins busy, and keep the King content in his own safety. And I trust that if there is a way for us to slay the man, you all will be able to find it. And, until we are reunited, I thank you all for your service. No matter how the whims of fate, today will be the end, and it is our duty to see that is a story worthy of telling once again.”

“So, save your goodbyes. I think all of us understand that this could very well be the last time we see one another, but this moment isn’t an ending.” Iliana said, a faint smile curling her lips, “you stand at the doors of your home, now, break them down and drive the invaders away.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:21 am

Jessabella Collins

Jessabella listened to the warmth in everyone's voices as they stated their optimistic words of wisdom and hope. She couldn't help but bask in the blithefully sounding remarks that the queen stated. Iliana (Iliyana?) had truly become a whole new person over the week's thanks to the now deceased Victoria Mavis. Normally Jessabella would struggle for optimism, but now, now she only focuses on the light. It was almost as clear as day, but one doubt, one worry clouded her mind....

She looked over to the one person that mattered most to her in the room. Marine stood just feet away, looking to the others as the parties prepared to depart. More than anything, she wanted her to survive. Sure, she'd be devastated to lose Deadrick if he died, but Karina held a piece of her she couldn't let go. Slowly her legs shuffled her over to the older woman, and she found herself trying to hold back tears once more.

Without letting Karina comprehend the moment, Jessabella slowly wrapped her arms around her neck--tugging to tighten the hold as if she were already fading away. "Promise me again you will survive. I want to hear those words again... More than anything. Even if I die facing the King, promise you will survive..." she whispered gently so only Karina could hear. "I don't want to lose anymore... I don't want to have to say goodbye to you, too. So please. Please. Don't make me." She felt herself sucking in a breath, feeling her cheeks sting as she braced for tears.

Veronica Flair

Veronica looked around the room and couldn't help but feel lonely somehow.... No, not somehow. She knew exactly why she felt that way, how she always felt before, except this time, she didn't have Selehna to go to. Everyone had their brothers and sisters, spouse, daughter and mother, and loyal friends and subjects... but she had no one. She could say goodbye, but to who? Sure Ceel and Vanessa knew her, but what more than mentor to pupil? General to Captain and Lieutenant (although Vanessa was now named General). There was no one.

"Despite being bothered and forced to reveal my secret, I suppose you lot have amused me more than the old Chaotic Wolves did the years. If you die, I will not she'd a tear, but I will respect the loss and not think you are weak in death," Shade spoke through the wooden puppet.

Veronica nodded to herself slowly and looked to Nephenee before she left the tent. "Find Selehna... bring her home," she said before leaving without another word. She couldn't stay in the tent, she had no reason to. She was alone.

Lieutenant Barker

Ceel looked down to his wife and hugged her tightly. He knew the dangers of her coming along, but she had made a bold decision and had seen a side of her he never had witnessed before, let alone knew she was capable of. "I will protect you with my life, just make sure you heal those who need it. Keep Merry and Celus alive. They are vital to Yuriksyn's regrowth and may be targeted. We need to keep them safe."

May nodded with a determined expression but then smiled. "I should be the one saying I'll save you. My healing magic has kept you from beating yourself to a pulp during training over the years. Just stay safe and I'll be fine."

Celus Mavis

Celus looked to his minutes older sister. Mother had given her life to reencarnate Merry back to life. He could decide whether it was a foolish or noble sacrifice. He did love his sister, but she was only so powerful. Mother was the only person able to defeat the king on a close one to one scale, but she was gone now. Was it a foolish choice? Would he have done the same for his children? He prayed he never would have to.

"Celus, did I do something wrong?" Merry asked, looking at him with dread in her eyes. Celus realized that he had been scowling at her the whole time. "Do... do you blame me for mother's d-"

"No! It's just... I don't know. I don't know how to feel about the sacrifice she made. I love you dear sister of mine, but was losing the key to success worth it?"

Merry stepped back and looked ashamed of herself, raising her hands to look at them as if she were an abomination. "Oh... I..." They both grew silent for what felt like an eternity. Then she spoke again. "I promise not to let her death be in vein. I will survive."

Celus nodded, accepting what she had to say, but he couldn't bring himself to apologize or say more. He felt empty, more hollow than the darkness of night; but, there was nothing he could do. Today ended the war, and by the end of it, one side lived, the other died.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:48 am

Karina Levae

For a moment, Karina was taken aback when Jessabella suddenly pulled her into an embrace. Shock however quickly gave way to a gentle smile as she wrapped her arms around the younger girl’s back. Her held the girl close and pressed her lips to the top of her head. She spoke slowly and softly, her words only loud enough to find their way to the ears of the one they were intended for.
“I gave you my word, didn't I? I would survive this war. And that is not a promise which I plan on breaking to you.” She smiled again as she rested her head against Jessabella’s and help her still for a few pregnant seconds. “But do not forget that you too gave your word.” She added.

Markus Levae

Resting his hands against his knees Markus knelt down next to the twins as the children grew silent. Neither had time to process their loss, and being as young as they were - how much could they truly come to grips with anyway? Both parents lost so soon into life, and a stranger asked to watch over them into adulthood, and now they were to face a wicked king to salvage their kingdom.

“Milord, milady, I know I am asking much of you, but please have faith.” His gaze shifted between the two of them, his eyes level with theirs with a tired certainty. “It was your mother's decision to make, and as such I trust that it had been the correct one. Likewise, I must trust that she would not have done what she did if there remained no path to success.” He drew a tired breath.

“Hope is a fickle thing, and it can easily be held long after one should have let it go, but I don't think now is one of those times. Your mother made a decision and I hope -- no -- I know that it was not the wrong one to make even if we cannot yet see why.”

Nephenee Heather

“Ma’am?” Nephenee said, as Veronica passed. She exchanged a glance with General Xias sitting to her left and the two women rose and followed Veronica out of the tent. The two jogged to catch up with the dejected woman. Before Nephenee could decide what she wished to say, Vanessa spoke.

“Ma’am, would you like me to take you to Eliona?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:27 am

Jessabella Collins

Jessabella imbibed the scent of the woman she loved beyond anything she had ever known before. The feeling felt familiar, instinctive, and warm, like a long forgotten memory nagging to be noticed once again, but no matter how hard Jessabella struggled, she knew of no words of how to describe the bond she held with Karina. Jessabella smirked and squeezed the older woman briefly harder, afraid to let go, and released her grip. She felt like she was leaving a piece of her behind, but Karina was good at making promises and keeping them. Jessabella had faith that Karina would come back to her.

"Yes, I promised you that. I will go and win for Yuriksyn, for everyone. I won't die," Jessabella promised once again.

She looked at everyone and then back to Karina. "I guess I'll see you when we are through. If we beat the king before you finish your skirmish, we'll come down to help you as much as we can. Until then, hold your own and never give up. Give them hell."

"We must go soon, the battle can't wait for noon. The air is cool and calm, this is the prime time to carry victory in palm," Henrietta remarked as she looked to everyone.

Merry Mavis

Merry was without a doubt just by her brothers words, but there was merit in his words. He was acting like Miss Flair a lot these days. She was blunt, forceful, and not very good at telling her feelings or opinions in a sensitive manner, or, so Selehna told her in her stories. Celus may become the male version of Miss Flair one day, or perhaps these times will make him into a completely new person. No... he was a completely new person.

"We understand Master Levae, thank you for your words," Merry spoke, dipping her head. "I'm sure mother had a plan or motive worthy of victory in her decision to...resurrect me from death." Merry held her gut. She physically felt no hole or pain, but the memory was scarred into her brain, etched in her skull, embedded in her body.

Celus just nodded, face riddled with internal doubts that he wouldn't share. He loved mother just as she did, but he questioned everything, even himself. She could not imagine what he would possibly become had she stayed dead and mother died anyway or what he will become like even now. He was an enigma in a human body. He didn't seem able to meet Master Levae's gaze.

Veronica Flair

The single armed woman walked out of the tent in long strides, trying to get out before... to try and stop before.... It was to late... She was crying the first tears she'd cried since Nala died and since her parents died before then. Tears streamed down her face and she rushed to wipe the floor draining from her eyes. She wanted her parents. She wanted Nala. But most of all, she wanted Selehna. She felt like a child again. Again she felt it was her fault that she was to weak, not there... not able to protect Selehna or anyone she had ever loved. As if it weren't bad enough as it were, Nephenee and Vanessa both came out after her, exposing herself like a vulnerable deer to fear.

"I... I..." She wanted to say that she was ready, but she fell to her knees, crying silently but with a loss of control to hold back her emotions. She couldn't reply until this had passed. "N-nephenee... please.... please bring Selehna home to me. She's all I have left. I..." Veronica fumbled for the words to speak. "I don't want to be alone anymore..."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:03 am

Markus Levae
A frown dipped his lips as he studied the two children for a long moment. Both had been through a lot, and both had plenty of reasons to be skeptical, to be sad. An odd look crossed his face, coupled with a stray feeling he couldn't quite place before it was gone. Not quite grief or pity, disappointment or disheartenment, an almost acceptance that there was nothing he could do. What the children did or felt was far beyond his control, and he could not change any of it. He nodded faintly as a soldier pushed open the flap of the tent and ducked in.

“Lord and Lady Levae, they’re ready.” The man said, and Markus couldn't help but wonder how old he was. Not quite twenty, Markus felt, barely scraping the bottom edge of his second decade of life. Would he live to see twenty? With a weariness Markus rose to his feet and cast a glance to Karina before looking to the soldier.

“Thank you. We will follow you shortly.” Markus said. The soldier nodded and with a quick salute backed out of the room. Karina placed her hands upon Jessabella’s shoulders.

“Stay safe, and make that rat pay.” She said softly, giving the girl’s shoulders a squeeze before she turned away and nodded to her brother. “Let’s go.” She said, stepping to the exit.

Nephenee Heather
Nephenee was lost for words for a long few seconds, she had never seen General Flair so distraught. So lost. Nephenee instinctively knelt, and placed her hand on Veronica’s good shoulder and looked down at the weeping woman. She felt a great spite of determination in her breast.

“I'll find her and bring her back, I promise you.” Nephenee said, her voice firm.

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 am

Veronica Flair

Veronica reached behind her without looking and grabbed Nephenee's wrist before sliding her hand to Nephenee's. She grasped that hope that she so desperately hung from, like a single finger holding the body of a person about to fall off a cliff. This was all she had at the moment and now was the time for action, not tears. Veronica pressed the hand to her cheek for comfort. "Thank you Miss Nephenee. Xias is very lucky to have you under her command. You are a very good soldier, and a better person. I wish you luck. If you do manage to bring her back, I will be eternally in your dept. Thank you."

Veronica wiped the tears from her pitiful face and stood up, feeling strong and yet weak all in one instant. This battle would pose a challenge she had never expected to encounter, let alone have experienced before, so she would need to be extremely cautious and keep a level head. Those hours of training with Vanessa didn't mean nothing to her. It was hard labor to protect the one she loved most. Now, Eliona was who she was fighting for, and if she must, giving her life was still a necessity in this play of war.

"Take me to the girl. Vanessa Xias, in return for protecting your daughter, protect May. The two seem to have a strong connection between them and from what little time I've been near them, I can genuinely say that she'd be heartbroken if you or May didn't come back. So do me that and I'll guarantee she will survive." Veronica smirked to her former subordinate and held out her good hand to grab Xias's.

Jessabella Collins

Jessabella absorbed that last flicker of warmth from Karina's squeeze and smiled. She had confidence, she had skills, she would come back to her. She would rather live than die by the hands of the rat bastard of a king. He killed Yuriksyns, played with Queen Mavis and Iliana's minds to near sanity, and even corruption in the Hydra Queen's case.... He manipulates, murders, and God knows what else... so he would have to pay. They will all pay.

Jessabella grabbed her mentors dusty old scythe and walked with Deadrick and Henrietta, along with the twins, out the tent to gather with Ceel, May and others to form the King party. This was the day they had been waiting for.... This was the day the war ended, in victory or loss, it will end. "Just watch... I'll be back before you know it," she silently spoke to herself.

She looked to Deadrick and spoke, "You better survive, too. I'd hate to lose you as well, despite how annoying you are."

He looked down to the shorter girl and smirked. "Annoying? You sure didn't think that la- Ow," he chuckled as she punched him with a fire of red on her nose.

"Just... Just survive you idiot. I mean it."

"I will. I will be facing my brother, and although he is a powerful opponent, he will not be able to kill me."

"Why not? You immune to his fire?"

"Not in the slightest. His problem is self destruction. His hunger for power will lead him to his death before he will realize it. It is sad, but it must be done. He is on a dark path set in motion many years ago, and to be honest, maybe the only thing I've truly regretted in my life...."

Jessabella was puzzled by what Deadrick meant by that, but she had the decency not to inquire on a moment like this. If Deadrick was confident, she was, too. The twitch of doubt in her head truly snapped for once. She would survive.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:21 pm

Vanessa Xias

Nephenee gave Veronica space as the woman stood up, a determined fire in her eyes and a desperation on her face. Vanessa rolled her shoulders as Veronica addressed her, a slow smile curling her lips. Now wasn't the time for doubt and pity, there would be time enough once everything had finally come to an end. Without hesitation Vanessa took the other woman’s hand and gave it a firm shake. “I would never do anything to make Eliona unhappy. And I won't allow May to be harmed. She is our healer, after all.” Vanessa chuckled faintly, and cast her gaze down to the gathering armies ready to move. Distant banners fluttering in the breeze.

“Stay safe as well Veronica, make sure Nephenee has someone to bring Selenha to.” She said, her gaze shifting back to the other woman. “I trust you won't let me down.”

(Start moving towards the battle?)

Authorlord

Post by Authorlord » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:27 pm

(Yes, it is time.)

The king party made their departure, saying the goodbyes they wished they didn't have to fear of. Days where you wake up and you are unaware if it is your last or if someone you know and love's last were the days that placed real fear into a person's eyes. The Sins... They head not fear life or death, they had nothing to lose. For the Yuriksyn's, for their allies... It was everything and more. This was the weight of true fear... but also the power of iron will.

Every man, woman and soul marching to the finish knew the possibility, the unlikely survival, defeat by sunset, but they stood strong, courageous and like they had a good on their side. I remember their faces as if I'd painted every one individually, like they had become my artwork. The will of the Yuriksyn's was beaten down, crumbled, shaken to it's very core... but in the end, they stood against the Dark King and the impossible army.... I could never forget those who died that day, those who lived, and all in between... especially not for what came next....

Shade

Shade lead the "Wisemen" in the ranks alongside the rest of Iliana's Hydras, the Mercenaries, and Yuriksyns. Together they made two thousand at best, but only three factions remained in the Dark army and they didn't have mercenaries anymore. They were going to be tough, of course, but they were not military personnel, organized to fight for each other. And while Shade wasn't one for fighting for others, they did fight under Jessabella's orders. The girl was but a child, but she held promise.

The armies marched with banners and moral high. For an odd reason, the feeling of invincibility rang in the atmosphere, allowing for enthusiasm to plague the soldiers in step. They could destroy the Dark army, they would win, and this war would be finished once and for all... or so they felt up until they saw something that not even Shade expected to see....

As soon as the armies came close enough to the Yuriksyn wall, or what was left of it, every soul stopped and stared in silence.

Hanging from the wall were chains and ropes, stretched by the weight of the dead that hung by the neck. Hundred if not thousands of naked, battered, bodies that were covered in blood, bruises, human waste and God knew what else dangled limp by their necks and ceased to move. Some bodies were decayed, clearly dead for weeks before but hanged for display nevertheless. A closer look showed some were missing appendages and had weapons embedded deep or through the corpses. The missing appendages were clearly clawed and torn off. Just what had done this? Who had done This?

Shade was never one to lose their guts or be in shock by the sick minded, but this was a whole knew level of madness and torture that even they believed was too low for the Dark King....

No one said a word or wanted to move now. Moral ceased to exist and now nothing but hundred of targets stood, just yards from the wall and entrance.

Blaze Masters

Fiona looked to Blaze as he stood by A palace window and observed his latest creation from that sick mind of his. She was probably wondering who was even more mad, Blaze, or the masked man himself. Either way, this would destroy the Yuriksyns once and for all. It took time, but having three factions pull hundreds of dead or dying captured Yuriksyn just to hang them outside their own wall for the Yuriksyn army to see was well worth the patience. It was almost as satisfying as his most recent torture. Blaze only hoped that the Yuriksyn woman captured was still alive after all the fun he'd been having with her.

"Blaze, you sick bastard, I don't know how anyone could have thought of this. You truly are an expert on your craft. I applaud you for that," Fiona spoke with genuine praise.

"I am not one to easily impress boy, but you have earned that much," spoke the deep and dark voice of the King from his throne. "You have shown a use after all."

"I am no push over. Some day I will be even stronger than you, I will be invincible and Gods will learn to fear me," Blaze replied, looking from the window to his two person audience "I will become a demon know only from fear and no one, nothing, will be able to stand in my way."

"You speak bold words boy. If I wasn't so amused by your little farce, I would kill you here and now. Such a lot of bark for a small pup," the King spoke, barely lifting his head from his knuckled hand.

Blaze grit his teeth and returned his attention to the window. "I will first start by finishing my brother. He will die today."

Jessabella Collins

Jessabella ran silently with the group as they skirted the outermost wall to Yuriksyn. The wall was virtually untouched, old, and unstable maybe, but not harmed by the battle months prior. Veronica had been right, a large sewage tunnel left a gaping hole in the side of the wall, luckily shrouded by shrubs, vines, and a rusted gate with the bottom eaten away by corrosion. This would have been a deadly spot for a sneak attack should the Dark Army how found it before. Now they were using it their purposes.

"Alright, this is it... unfortunately. By the gods it reeks of waste and death. Veronica escaped through this? With Nala!? Her will truly is strong." Jessabella gagged and knew what was about to come up. Quickly, she rushed to the side and vomited any amount of her meal she had left in her. She tried to hold it back but her stomach heaved once more and up it came. Jessabella coughed and spat out the residue in her mouth.

May gasped and ran over to her, choking the smell down as well, but having a much better time in retaining her meal. Her hand glowed that vibrant emerald green and she placed it upon Jessabella's stomach. Immediately she felt better, but wished such a smell would go away. "Are you alright? Do you need to sit this out?" she asked.

Jessabella shook her head violently. "No! I will not stop here. I came this far, Karina helped me come this far... I will win this for everyone, for Yuriksyn... for myself," she whispered the last part to which only May could hear. May smiled softly and nodded. "Very well child, we cannot hold you back."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 02, 2017 11:04 pm

(Let me know if you want anything changed)

Nephenee Heather
There was a break in the wall, a ragged gap in the stone where age had reduced the mortar to dust, and gravity had pulled the stonework down. When Nephenee had been a child, she had often slipped though this cut in the wall as a shortcut into the forest, and now as an adult guided by her graying memory and a bush she had cut a notch into years ago, Nephenee found herself standing before the crack. Her question was a simple one, she had slid through easily as a child, but had she grown too much since then? If she had, this infiltration was going to be much harder.

And she didn't need that, it would be dangerous enough without needing to find a new way in.

Carefully, Nephenee drew her gut in as much as she could, and squirmed her way through the gap.

Vanessa Xias
Vanessa cringed at the smell, could feel her stomach lurching but remained where she stood. She needed to get use to the stench now, as it would only get worse once they fully committed themselves to the sewers. She drew breath through her mouth, though it didn't help near as much as she would have liked it to.

“Everyone make your peace now. No telling what the sins have been dumping down into their.” Queen Weiss said, the woman spoke and moved as if the smell wasn't there as she stepped near the grate. “If everyone is ready, best to move before what little nerve you have left is lost.

Eliona Xias
There was a certain charge to the air whenever Eliona found herself next to illness, or wounds, like an almost tangible taste in the back of her mouth. Emotion too, was like that. Anger, sadness, joy, each with a different feeling. An instinctive knowledge, more felt than fully understood by the young girl.

But, this was a different feeling.

The longer the stared at the wall, the more her stomach churned, the worse the shake that crawled along her spine and quivered her frame. The feeling was like holding one’s hand too close to the flame, not quite burning, but still a growing pain that wouldn't go until one pulled their hand away and let it cool. On the top of the wall, Eliona could see people standing, and she hated them.

That was the feeling. Eliona almost felt giddy with the knowledge of it.

Her father, an enchanter, but Eliona never could figure out how he did it, twist magic into metal in such a way that it wouldn't dissipate. Instead she could mend flesh and broken bone. Her mother had been different, she had an affiliation for fire when she was younger, but it had waned from disuse, vanished completely after Eliona had been born. Eliona always had the same affiliation, and the same disuse.

Adults always had her train her healing magic.

The flame consumed a tuft of grass at her feet, and Eliona could feel her focus narrowing. Tightening in on a man for atop the high wall. He needed to die. He needed to pay. They all needed to pay. At her feet, the flame grew, like water from a bucket kicked over, the fire radiated outwards. It rushed forward towards the wall, branching and twisting away from allies, always rolling and growing as it went, leaving behind scorched, blackened earth. By the time the flames impacted against the wall, it was an angry inferno, and Eliona felt she could almost see it clawing into the stone as it forced its way up.

A viscous smile, more of a baring of teeth parted Eliona’s lips as she could see the defenders on the top of the wall scrambling back as the fire drew near. The flames died as they reached the top edge of the wall, snapping at the sins as they dissipated.

Eliona panted, she wobbled for a moment, her knees were loose, her footing unsteady, but she didn't fall.

“Hells.” The mercenary growled, placing a hand on Eliona’s shoulder and pulling her back. “Come on kid, let's get moving before they regroup.”

Karina Levae
“Brother.” Karina said, her words felt hollow. Both siblings were still, staring at the char left on the wall, at the bodies still hanging. “We need to keep them moving.” She could feel an assertiveness returning. They had a plan. If they gave up now, they would simply be joining the lost souls up on the wall.

Right. She needed to be Iliana now, she didn't know if Eliona could keep up her witch aura, but after that showing of magic? The enemy would be hard to dissuade that a witch was present, no matter what their commanders might say. Karina exhaled vapor, a fine white mist as more weaved its way around their forces. Thickening, darkening. Perhaps enough to keep the enemy archers inaccurate once they found their nerve.

“Are you going to stand for this? Is this your response to pure wickedness? If this isn't ended now, if those wretches within those walls aren't bled for their atrocities then they will do this again, and it will be your neck the noose ensnares.” Karina heard Markus’s voice calling. There was an anger in his words, one she hadn't heard since the two of them were much younger. “You know your roles! You know what must be done to see that justice is found. Don't let this be our end!”