Dawning [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:27 am

Mathias lingered by the door, peering outside every now and then as he waited for Jacob. He felt a small sort of connection towards Jacob, perhaps because he was the only one left that didn't resent him. Then again perhaps it was only because Jacob seemed like a good and caring guy, silently Mathias hoped Claire and the others would warm up to him. While he waited, his gaze shifted towards the other occupants of the room and found himself smiling a little bit. They had become such a strange and small group, all with the same goal of survival. Of defeating Nikolai and Alexander once and for all. To live in peace and happiness though even Mathias had his doubts. There was no such thing as complete peace and happiness. He remained quiet though, not sure what he would say much less should say. Perhaps it was moments like these where silence was the best option. He examined Claire quietly for some time, a small tilt to his head. Despite the wedge between them, he still felt undoubtedly protective of her.

Elijah gazed at Claire, watching her silently with a small smile and yet an exhausted one. All of them had been through a lot lately and it was no surprise they were tired. However, there was no question Claire had it the worst. He desperately wanted to ask her to get some rest and yet something told him she wouldn't do so quite yet. Not with Jacob and Mathias just returning to the cabin. He sighed silently though he was driven out of his thoughts by her sneeze and the falling cup. He was a bit startled and caught off guard even, his gaze falling on the cup. "I'll get it..." he said gently and knelt down to pick it up. It felt nice to be doing something despite the exhaustion that made his limbs ache. He felt a little restless but he had no doubts that was because of the silence lately from both Alexander and Nikolai. It was a good thing of course, but at the same time it made him anxious.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:45 am

Jacob reached the door and dipped his head as he quietly entered it. He wasn't entirely sure what to do with the few packages he had for the cabin, he didn't want to interrupt any current conversations and he was just a little nervous to approach any of them. What if they suddenly decide to rip his head off? To be honest he was a big fan of where it was bow and wished to keep it that way. Of course Elijah was probably the only one who could physically do it, but he's heard things avout the Healers here. They were more advanced than back home by a long shot so he felt it only right to be nervous of Claire and Ebony as well. What they could do exactly he wasn't sure, but from what he's heard he didn't want to find out. It was ridiculous to be nervous, but he couldn't help it. Really the only one he seemed to trust was Mathias, they were im the same boat right now. He wasn't human, but he could honestly say that he was the only one he felt wouldn't eat him alive for saying or doing the wrong thing.

Claire felt miserable and frozen again as she looked down at that cup, slowly reaching out to pick it up though Elijah beat her to it. "I think...I have a...bit of a cold..."she sniffled, not wanting to admit it but they would catch on eventually that...something was wrong. More wrong than what there already was. A shiver ran through her as she gently pulled her cloak around her shoulders again, trying to keep warm the best she could. The fireplace was a source of heat but she didn't feel like moving right then, feeling, sort of, more comfortable right where she was. That and moving would use energy and she would lose a bit of the heat she had in that moment. It didn't feel like it would become something worse, bad colds hit hard so she wasn't worried. "I'm cold." She mumbled, glancing towards Mathias and Jacob. The two of them being there made all this a bit embarrassing, her feeling under the weather in multiple ways, but Ebony would likely scold her if she kept holding in how she was feeling.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Mathias's gaze flickered towards Jacob as he entered the cabin, feeling a small wave of relief. Claire's cousin was quickly becoming a nice and familiar face around here, at least to Mathias. He offered a tiny smile in greeting and even dipped his head a bit. Almost nervous to speak for he wasn't sure where the other three were at the moment, emotionally and mentally. Gosh knows what happened while himself and Jacob were gone. He glanced over at the small commotion, his brows furrowing in concern. The last thing Claire needed was to be sick, she needed to be at her strongest health wise so she could fight off the mental and emotional darkness. He didn't move towards her, eyeing Elijah closely. If there was anything Mathias has learned by now, was the Elder vampire was incredibly protective of Claire. Mathias didn't see himself getting much of a chance to help Claire directly.

Elijah set the cup on the small table in front of them and looked at Claire, a frown creased the space between his brows. "I think you need to get some rest Claire..." he said gently, finally relenting in speaking the words. If she was coming down with an illness then rest would be the best thing for her. Briefly his gaze flickered towards Jacob as he entered the cabin, dipping his head in a silent greeting before returning his attention towards Claire again. Elijah gazed at her and hesitated for a moment before drawing her close to him. As always he was overly careful with her at times, though this time it was because he was afraid of shattering whatever little trust they managed to build up again since the events earlier that morning. "Ebony, could you grab Claire another blanket?" he asked lightly. The witch hopped to her feet and nodded "Right away!" she exclaimed and hurried past Mathias and Jacob towards the room in the back of the cabin.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Jacob edged along the far wall, returning a small notion of greeting as he received them from Mathais and Elijah. Everyone seemed calm though that didn't mean anything. If they were good then they could hide their distress and both Ebony and Elijah seemed to be pretty good at that. It was just a feeling. He glanced over to Claire with a small frown, from what little he heard he gathered that she was sick. That couldn't be good, especially right now when she had so much to deal with already. As soon as he got all of these parcels taken care of he would offer to leave so she could rest, he just needed to figure out the right time. His best bet was probably Ebony, but she was busy getting a blanket for Claire. Was she cold? He glanced at Mathias, pursing his lips in thought. They weren't standing all that close together and he could still feel heat radiating off of him, wouldn't he be the best one to warm her up? It wasn't something he mentioned aloud of course, Elijah probably wouldn't like Mathias holding her after all.

Claire frowned slightly at Elijah. "There's people here..."she mumbled. It was rude to go to bed when guests were over visiting, even if they happened to be a...friend and relative. Her mother was strong set on manners and she wouldn't let that die out, she had preserve her memory. Being sick didn't excuse her from that though honestly she was just being stubborn. Whenever she was sick her mother made her stay in bed and rest, claiming she didn't have to make herself worse just for the benefit of family or guests. She sighed quietly and shook her head, looking at Elijah as he pulled her close. Hopefully this didn't make the others feel awkward, but at this point she figured that it didn't matter much, she was too tired to care in that particular moment of time. "I feel too cold to sleep...it isn't comfortable." She complained, shivering a little. Running around at night in the pouring, icy, rain hadn't been the smartest idea, but to be fair she hadn't been in her right mind then.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Mathias listened to the bustling about of the trio by the fireplace, rolling his eyes a little bit. Blanket upon blanket would hardly seem to help Claire. Even he knew he radiated heat and would be far more beneficial to warming her up. The thought probably crossed Elijah's mind but he knew the vampire wouldn't like that idea one bit. Mathias was almost amused by it but resigned to staying still and quiet, as if trying to blend into the background. He crossed his arms over his chest and watched Ebony vanish into another room and return with a blanket. Ebony practically skipped over to Claire and knelt down "Here you go!" she said with a cheerful enthusiasm, holding the blanket out to Claire. Although she seemed to take the reins on this and quickly unfolded the blanket to wrap it around Claire. She clicked her tongue softly in disapproval "Getting sick at a time like this..." but it was clear she didn't blame Claire and was merely a worried friend.

Elijah gazed at Claire and sighed softly "Always stubborn..." he murmured though he smiled softly. "I hardly think the guests would mind, you need your rest." he pointed out. Although, as was expected, he wouldn't force Claire to do anything she didn't wish to. Besides, he understood her desire to stay awake while Mathias and Jacob were here. It was only proper manners and something Elijah would have done the same. He pulled the blanket around Claire although there was a small glimmer of concern dancing in his gaze. Illness was a worrisome thing, particularly during this era. "I know...I'm sorry..." he mumbled quietly, wishing there was more he could do. His gaze flickered towards Mathias with a thoughtful expression before he quickly looked away, unfortunately stubbornness often got the best of him as well. Although...Claire needed to be warm. Elijah sighed softly and looked away for a moment, pondering their options.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Jacob shifted on his feet and leaned against the wall, his gaze focusing on the window and what he could see out of it which wasn't much. Just a few trees. It seemed to be getting darker though he couldn't tell if it was because of the clouds or the time of day itself. He knew it was getting late though, he and Mathias had spent a majority of the day in the village. Well, Jacob had. Mathias could've left for all he knew, but he would keep to his word and not pry into his day. Besides, he didn't have a bad feeling about it. Whatever Mathias had been doing Jacob felt as if it was a good thing. He sighed quietly and glanced at Claire again, wishing he could do something more to help but he knew she wasn't comfortable with him. They had a long way to go, but he was highly determined to gain the trust of each person there starting with her. She was his family so that made the most sense right?

Claire pouted, hugging herself tightly. "I-I will, but when I'm warm..."she muttered, huddling into her cloak even though it wasn't helping much. If anything it just took off the edge but that was all. Her fingers were a little numb, but it was barely enough to complain about. Her gaze went to Elijah as she tilted her head to the side slightly, watching him for a moment. He always worried too much, but she knew it was for a good reason. Getting sick in general wasn't very good, add being depressed on top of it and...well she got it. A person stuck in the dark as she was needed their full strength to help them fight against it, she felt fine though. As long as she had her friends support around her she felt like she would be okay. She turned her head when Ebony approached, first holding out the blanket then seeming to change her mind and unfold it herself. The blanket was a lot thicker than her cloak so she hoped it would warm her up better, feeling bad that she had let herself get sick like this in the first place. Again she couldn't have helped the mindset she had been in, but she still​ felt guilty about it. "...I'm s-sorry...I didn't m-mean to..."she mumbled, looking down as Elijah apologized himself. "It's n-not your fault I'm c-cold Elijah..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:39 am

Mathias edged his way closer to Jacob, feeling a bit more comfortable around him. "Welcome to our crazy, chaotic lives..." he said lightly, watching the small trio attempt to warm up Claire. It was sweet and comforting to see both of them trying to help Claire, perhaps he was feeling a bit envious but he was too reluctant to walk over and offer help. His gut told him his help wouldn't exactly be welcomed with open arms. He glanced at Jacob for a moment and offered a faint smile. A part of him wanted to tell Jacob to go back home, it would no doubt be safer than getting mixed up in all of this trouble. However, it wasn't his place to say anything and he was certain the guy would eventually catch on to the danger if he hadn't already. This entire village seemed tainted with bad luck. One could almost see the darkness hanging over the small village, a grim reaper lingering on every street corner. Perhaps it was just how Mathias saw the village, perhaps outside of the Coven and the group's trouble, it was a good place.

Elijah looked a little uncertain but not because he didn't believe her but rather just out of concern. He nodded a little bit and looked at Ebony, dipping his head in a silent 'thank you'. Ebony only waved away his gratitude and peered at Claire with a bright smile. She was happy to do anything to help out her friend. "Oh tsk, no reason to apologize for something you can't control! Just bad timing and luck I'm afraid." she smiled and plopped down next to Claire again. She scooted closer as if her own body temperature would help Claire, though it would probably do little to aid in warming her up. Elijah sighed and reached up to smooth back a small strand of her hair. I feel like it's my fault... he thought but he didn't voice these words. Instead he murmured softly "As long as you get better...that's all that matters." concern edging its way into his tone.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:49 am

Jacob looked up as Mathias as he grew closer, glancing at the other before he shrugged. "Isn't life itself chaotic? You walk out your front door each morning with no clue as to what may happen that day, if it will be good or bad. Life thrives off of chaos just as it does peace." He replied, a faint smile on his lips. As a child his mother would tell him that the Earth was alive with a mind of its own. That people may not always see it but she was always moving, helping us to grow and lead us in the right way. He could see it now that he was older, but of course these were all thoughts he kept to himself. Others may not be accepting and he didn't want to deal with the backlash that would bring. The young man was aware of many things and he would be lying if he said this place was good. It wasn't a bad place, but there was something...lingering in the air that was so off nature itself looked sick. The trees didn't look so healthy and these dark clouds, something was wrong although he couldn't put a finger on it. He wasn't going to run, but he would be sire to remain wary while he was here.

Claire pouted but didn't argue with Ebony, knowing that it would be a lost cause because Ebony wasn't one to back down from a challenge. Ebony had stood up to a vampire for crying out loud, there was nothing in this whole world she wouldn't face head on. Well at least that was Claire's tiny opinion about it and she was going to stand​ by it. She offered a small smile as she huddled in beside her, trying to keep her warm no doubt. It was sweet the way she and Elijah were trying to take care of her, keep her warm, but it didn't seem to be helping all that much. Elijah was always warm to her, but that was getting stuck in translation with all these new layers wrapped around her, the same almost went for Ebony who was human though they didn't usually huddle a lot. Of course she didn't say anything, wishing for them to feel good and like they were helping. Besides, she was slowly starting to feel a little warmer now, and much like a caterpillar getting ready to evolve into a butterfly. It was an amusing thought. "I'll be okay..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Mathias glanced at Jacob and raised an eyebrow, a bit surprised by this response. "You could be a poet..." he said quietly, but not in a mocking manner. If anything he sounded impressed. He watched the small trio from a distance, replaying the words in his head a few times as if afraid to lose it. Jacob's words made sense, unlike everything else in this crazy, upside down world. He let silence settle between them, listening to the hushed voices of the small group by the fire. Claire was well taken care of he had no doubt about that, he took a deep breath and looked towards the door. Perhaps he would be of more use patrolling the area, making sure no one bothered to stop by the cabin. The last thing they needed was unwelcomed guests. He frowned thoughtfully, pondering his options. Life thrives off of chaos just as it does peace...

Ebony settled down where she was, seemingly quite content and happy despite everything going on around them. She had made a silent vow to keep a positive air about her no matter how hard it gets. They would need a little light in this curtain of shadows. She watched the fire quietly, another cup of tea in her hands. Elijah gazed down at Claire and smiled softly, nodding a little bit for he too believed she would be alright. She had to be...for life without her seemed impossible. He said nothing though and dipped his head a bit to press a soft, brief kiss to the top of her head. I love and cherish you so deeply... he thought, taking in a deep breath before returning his gaze towards the fire.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:30 am

Jacob chuckled and shrugged his broad shoulders a little, barely moving at all but enough to get his point across at least. "I've considered it, but I'm sure my father would not like it if I turned my back on my witch-ly duties." He replied quietly, a yawn escaping his lips soon after. All this travel and excitement had tired him out, he was ready to sleep again. Yet he knew Claire had to be even more exhausted than he was so he didn't complain, shifting on his feet to wake himself up. It helped a little. His gaze swept across the rokm as he studied it, menorizing it in case anything ever happened and he needed to move quick. A Protector that knew their surroundings well from the inside out was more likely to get out alive than one that didn't. According to his father. He sighed and shook his head, running was not always the answer

Claire looked from Elijah and Ebony to Mathias and Jacob who seemed to have some parcels in his hands. She was unsure as to why he did, but there had to be some reason. He kept glancng at them and shifting on his feet as if he were uncomfortable which made her feel a bit bad. If she went to bed they wouldn't have to stand around the main room like this. There wasn't much to do with her like this, she was sure they all had better things to do. Releasing a slow yet long sigh she looked at Elijah, feeling the kiss to her head. Such a comforting thing, but she didn't let that distract her. "Ok-kay...I-I'll go. I'm s-sure everyone w-would like to rest..."she mumbled, turning to look at Ebony. "See? I-I know how t-to be good..." Her friends didn't always call her difficult aloud, or stubborn as they would say, but it was obvious they were thinking it. Even she knew she was stubborn, she would never deny that for she was sure they would never let her if she tried. Not that she wanted to try, she was who she was and for better or worse she felt very proud of that girl. Mostly. "I'll warm up s-soon enough..."