Dawning [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Mathias glanced at Alexia for a moment before looking back at the building, he shook his head. "No I just..." he began "Nevermind..." he reassured her. The last thing he needed was to go around telling people he was seeing people that weren't actually there. They'd think him insane and this society was not kind to the mentally unstable. He cleared his throat quietly as if to brush aside the topic "Let's just get to the Tavern." he added softly. He'd feel better once they reached their destination, however he couldn't help but continue to feel worried for this pair of sisters. Who was to say Alexander wouldn't come after them again? It wasn't really any of his business and he shouldn't be so worried over a bunch of strangers, but truth to the matter is he was concerned. He glanced over at Alexia again before looking away once more, taking a deep breath.

(Ain't nobody mess with her best friend. Indeed she did. XD)

"Alright...I admit, that'd be a little strange." he admitted with a light-hearted smile, he gazed at her for a moment before looking at the fire again. He watched the flames dance about in the fireplace, tilting his head a little to the side. There was something enchanting about fire...it was destructive and dangerous, yet so elegant and beautiful. For a moment he was brought back to that day in the Covern. Questioning Ebony in a desperate attempt to get her to do as they asked and then Claire walked in. Some part of Elijah thought he'd never see her again after that time in the woods but then, there she was. A warm smile trickled across his lips as he chuckled softly. "You're so bashful..." he murmured gently, glancing at her again but she was looking away. Somehow he knew that no matter how many times he called her beautiful she'd never accept it herself. His cheeks flushed a little as he looked away "I don't have to answer that." he said with a light and almost playful tone. He wasn't about to admit out loud that he watched her sleep every now and then, but it was only because she looked so peace and happy. She look adorable quite honestly but he had a feeling she'd reject that description as well.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:45 pm

Alexia studied him for a minute, curious about what he had been about to say but he seemed to have changed his mind about it. After a moment she shrugged slightly, figuring it couldn't have been that important in the end if he changed his mind then. He was certainly interesting, but she didn't think they would meet ever again after this. Either because of him or herself, she just didn't really see it happening. She had Skye to look after and take care of, besides...she wasn't sure how she'd take it learning that he was a werewolf and had seen her with a slightly ripped shirt. Skye was still decently covered up, but she was an extremely shy girl who got so easily embarrassed about anything no matter how tiny the matter was. The thought made her smile and she had to wonder if her sister would ever move past her insecurities and get married. After she threatened the guy a few times. "Don't worry, we're almost there. I'm sure you'd like to get back to your friend and see how she is." She replied quietly, rubbing her right shoulder a bit.

[Goodness, she really is like an super protective older sister. Not a bad thing. XD Poor Elijah.]

"I'll have to admit I was more concerned about my ankle and friend at the time than I was about a staring vampire though..."she mumbled, glancing at the fire. Some of the other vampires that had been with him at that...meeting, hadn't been so kind. One of them had threatened violence a couple of times if she could remember right, thinking of it made her shudder nervously...hopefully she never saw them again. "Perhaps I knew he was the nicest one there, so I wasn't afraid." Claire tilted her head, remembering she hadn't felt anything particularly bad about him. He peaked her curiosity more than anything, but her ankle had been hurt so that took up most of her focus. She still wondered what it was they had wanted a tracking spell for, but she didn't ask him. What did it matter anymore? It was in the past. "Bashful...well we can't all be outgoing." Her mother had often called her bashful, but she didn't see anything wrong with that. If anything, she thought it made her who she was. "That isn't very nice...although I'm sure I already know the answer. I am pretty smart...sometimes."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Mathias dipped his head a little in acknowledgement, focusing on nothing in particular. His gaze eventually found the sky, his dark eyes scanning over the canvas of different grays. "Yeah..." he replied, his voice barely reaching above a whisper. He had no doubts Claire was okay, she had Elijah and Ebony to watch over her. However, he wasn't going to abandon her and felt a desire to watch over her nonetheless. Although, more than likely, he'd end up scouting the area around the cabin to make sure no one was trying to get to them. He adjusted his grip on Skye slightly, peering down at her again. If not for the obvious wounds he'd say she looked rather peaceful, as if she was merely sleeping. He turned his attention towards their destination, bracing himself against the slight breeze that drifted over the town, prickling the hairs on his softly tanned skin. He used to be a pale child that got a few freckles every now and then, but ever since his travels he had spent a lot more time in the sun and thus earned a thinly tanned tone to his skin.

(Yes she is. XD Eh, he deserved it.)

Elijah smiled softly, studying the flames quietly. "You've always been quite concerned about your friends." he said lightly, it wasn't a bad thing by any means. Claire was just the kind of person to worry about others more than herself, though he always assumed that was largely contributed by being a Healer of her Coven. He bowed his head a little bit "Well...my siblings always were more aggressive than I." the corners of his lips turned up in a tiny smile. Even his dearest sister had a more aggressive approach to life, but it suited her. She was spirited and fierce, protective of those she held dearest to her. His gaze saddened a little bit, unable to recall the last time he visited her. A small part of him was prickled with guilt having left her to handle the kingdom on her own. Even though she seemed to understand. "I think bashful suits you...one of the many things I've always loved about you." he replied thoughtfully. He found it adorable of course but he figured he didn't need to say that. His gaze flickered to her in slight amusement. "Is the answer really that obvious?" he chuckled.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:27 am

Alexia wondered about his friend. If she remembered right then that man who appeared last time they were together said she learned her mother was dead and she had lost it. Hopefully she was alright, but she didn't dare ask because it was none of her business and he probably wouldn't like her asking about it in the first place. Just as she would be unhappy if he webt around talking about her sister, but at the same time it was different in a way...it was still about respect. She slowed down as they approached the Tavern and opened the door, motioning for him to go inside. The first floor was a wide room with a long bar running along the back though it wasn't alcohol they sold. It was like a restaurant and the food, at least the last time she ate here was fairly well made. She hasn't exactly been hungry as of late, she honestly couldn't remember the last time she ate. "The rooms are upstairs, the last one on the left is ours."

[Goodness. XD True, true, but still I feel a bit sorry for him. XD]

Claire nodded, that was one thing she prided herself for. It didn't matter her own condition, she always worried about those she cared about most. There weren't many left and she didn't want to lose the few she did have, they kept her feeling okay. Maybe not always happy, but alive. "Well I've never had many friends so...I guess that's why..." Growing up wasn't always the easiest, not many liked her because she was different from them, but Ebony and Mathias had seen through that. Mathias not at first, he had judged her just as much, but that changed at some point. "And Alice, she's never threatened me or my friends...aside from the time we met in the forest before Cain was attacked." Alice was a good person and after the long talk they had about Elijah she came to like her. She had helped her realize and accept her feelings for Elijah. "My bashfulness...? I'd say it makes some things difficult..." He complimented her and she didn't always accept them, but it was hard for her to... It always had been. "The way your face flushed when you answered, or didn't answer I should say, kind of gave you away." She smiled softly, hoping she wasn't embarrassing him by mentioning it.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Mathias eyed the Tavern for a moment, glancing at Alexia before he took a deep breath and walked inside. It was nice to be under the cover of a building but there was still something bugging him. He didn't ponder this feeling for long though, looking at Alexia as she explained the setup. "Last one on the left." he concluded and headed towards the stairs. He didn't look about the room very much though, he held little interest in the building himself. The sooner Skye was laid down and resting, the better she would be. When he reached the top of the stairs he glanced back at Alexia patiently before moving towards the end of the decently wide corridor. His gaze flickered from one room to the other but his eyes never lingered on them long, soon locking onto the last room on the left. He wondered what it must be like to live in this place, with food and such just down the stairs. It seemed like it could be a cozy little place to stay.

(Eh, a bit sorry. XD)

Elijah gazed at Claire for a moment before he looked away, once more peering into the flames. "Well...I think it's better to have a few close friends than many distant ones." he replied quietly. He never really had friends, none of his family did for that matter. When they were ruling the kingdom everyone simply saw them as their rulers, or as monsters, when he left that role he was with Claire. He didn't regret that at all though, as long as he had Claire that was all that mattered. Elijah bowed his head, gazing at his pale hands that glowed with the soft orange from the fire. "Alice has always been protective of our family. Even of the rotten ones." he commented, running his thumb across the back of his left hand. "Mmm perhaps, but we all have qualities that make things a bit difficult." he agreed, glancing over at her for a moment. Personally, he could name a few of his own that made his life more difficult than it needed to be. However, he never regretted having such qualities because they were what made him, him. Elijah chuckled softly "Oh is that so?" he replied quietly, a warm smile trickling across his lips. Well he certainly wasn't about to deny her claims, for she spoke the truth.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Alexia walked in after him, glancing around the main room with a careful eye. There was no reason to be so cautious here, but at the same time she didn't want anyone seeing her sister and questioning them. Or worse...trying to take her away because they thought they were abusing her or something. Although considering she was covered in dirt herself that probably would be the last thing on their mind but she still worried. Maybe she was paranoid...at least a little bit. She shook her head, this was ridiculous and she couldn't allow for such thoughts get to her while she was tired. It wouldn't lead to anything good so she just ignored it and followed Mathias up the stairs, looking down at her sister with a sigh. This shouldn't have happened, but it did and now she had to help her get better. It was safe to say she definitely wouldn't be letting Skye out of her sight, but she wasn't sure if she was adequate enough to protect her. I'll have to be...she thought to herself, moving ahead slightly to open the door to the room.

[Well he's probably not used to it! XD]

"Perhaps..."she muttered quietly, shaking her head to pull herself out of her thoughts. He was right after all, one did not need a lot of friends to be happy and she had enough. They few she had kept her going, they pushed her when it was clear she felt like giving up. There had been a few of those times, but she made it past then and she'd make it past her current one because of them. Besides, she really wasn't a fan of crowds anyway. Crowds made her feel just a bit claustrophobic. "Even Alexander...?" Claire wondered, biting her lip lightly. Alexander was their sibling too, and a pretty rotten one at that so...she sighed. Elijah seemed to hate him so it was likely Alice did to, possibly. "I guess so, though I can't think of a specific trait of yours to complain about." She muttered quietly, studying his features. Maybe he could be a bit too overprotective at times, Ebony could be too though and to be honest if they weren't who knows how much trouble she'd find herself in. In the end it wasn't a bad thing. A smile crossed her lips and she looked away again. "Mhm, you don't blush that often so I tend to notice these things." At least he didn't deny it this time, that made her happy.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 am

Mathias trailed after Alexia as she moved ahead, letting out a soft sigh. He felt exhausted and yet there was still so much he had to do before the day was up. He kept his complaints silent, however, for he was certain Alexia was is no mood to hear his problems when she had plenty of her own to worry over. He was afraid he wouldn't be much help to them from here, he wasn't raised as a Healer. Though he knew a little bit from his travels, not enough to possibly be of any help to Skye. Besides, he had to find Claire's cousin, assuming the guy hadn't tried to find his own way back. He bit his lip lightly and approached the door as she opened it, peering inside cautiously. As if he expected someone else to be there, although the odds of that were slim. He was just a wary and potentially paranoid person.

(No, no he isn't. XD)

Elijah bowed his head a little upon her question, pondering it carefully for a moment before he replied. "Even Alexander..." wringing his hands together. "Alice doesn't approve of his choices but she could never hate him." He chewed at his bottom lip uncertainly, adding quietly "Does that make me a bad person then? That the very mention of Alexander's name makes my blood boil? My own brother..." he trailed off, choking on his words. He despised Alexander for his cruel and hateful ways, for terrorizing himself and Claire. Yet was it possible to hate your own flesh and blood? Was it wrong to do so? Elijah smiled a little at this "Really?" he replied sounding a bit surprised, he personally found many of his own qualities obnoxious at times. Perhaps he judged himself too harshly. He chuckled softly and raised his head again to peer at the fire. "Well, you're the only one that's been able to make me blush." he said lightly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:52 am

Alexia held the door open, glancing around the plain room with a tired look in her eyes. Everything was made out of plain wood and the beds had tan sheets on them, though it wasn't the most comfortable looking room it was warm and safe. It was good enough and it was cheap. They had plenty of money from the jobs they took on, but it wouldn't last forever. Hopefully, eventually, she could find a more... permanent place for her and Skye. Skye needed stability, especially after learning their parents were gone. After a moment she shook her head and looked at Mathias again, pointing to the bed furthest from the door. "Uh you can lay her down on that bed...I'll handle it from there." She said, a slight smile crossing her lips. Though she wasn't the best at showing gratitude, she was grateful that he helped her. To be honest she wasn't sure how well that would've gone over if he hadn't, she'd probably be a prisoner herself...but at least her sister wouldn't have been alone that way. Like that's really a positive...she sighed.

[Poor Prince. XD]

Claire turned a bit to face him more, tilting her head to the side. Her sapphire gaze trained on his face, studying the expression in his eyes. He seemed conflicted and in pain, it made her heart ache but she wasn't sure how to answer his question. Speaking for herself she was much like Alice in the way that she didn't agree with Alexander's decisions but she didn't hate him. She couldn't hate anyone. "You're not a bad person Elijah, don't ever say that..."she frowned, touching his chin lightly. Why he would ever think that she didn't know, but those words had to hurt more than what he had said that morning. "I...I don't know how to answer your question, but do you think there is any goodness left in him?" Alexander used to be a kind man, when she first met him they had been friends and he had been so gentle until something changed that. "Mhm, I wouldn't change a thing about you. Well...maybe the way you hide your little reactions from me but you're getting better with that." A playful smirk crossed her lips and she turned her head, looking at him from the corner of her eye. "I'm glad to hear that, I don't know how I'd feel if someone else was able to make you blush."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Mathias glanced at Alexia before he nodded and moved towards the bed further from the door. It was a cozy room, mostly warm although he always felt pretty warm. It was simple in design and not anything particularly astounding, but it was a home ot them and he was certain that was all that mattered. Once he reached the bed side he peered down at Skye for just a moment before he gently laid her down upon the blanket. "Hang in there..." he muttered before withdrawing, turning to face Alexia. He smoothed out his shirt a bit and took a deep breath. "I wish I could be of more help...but I'm afraid I don't know much when it comes to healing." he explained gently. He was sure she understood but he couldn't help but feel as though it wasn't enough. He dipped his head a little and smiled "I wish you both the best of luck..." They would need it for he was certain their struggles were not quite over yet. After all, life was full of struggle and difficulty but it was important for one to keep fighting.

(Lol XD)

Elijah held her gaze, leaning into her touch which he found so comforting in a time of such confusion. He sighed softly as she dismissed his claims of being a bad person, knowing there was no use in arguing his point. She was stubborn just as he was with her. He often thought himself to be a bad person, for more reasons then he could count. He pondered her question for a long moment, his amber eyes gleaming softly in the dimly lit room. The fire light dancing in his gaze. "I like to think there is goodness somewhere within him...there had been a time when he was a good man." he murmured, his thoughts falling back to the past. There was certainly a time where his brother was kind, gentle, and yet not even Elijah was sure what happened. It hurt not knowing how to help his brother and yet despite all that he had done he wouldn't give up on him, despite his anger and frustration towards him. He laughed "Well, as long as I'm getting better at it right?" he replied with a gentle smile. The more time he spent with Claire the more comfortable and at ease he became. Elijah turned his gaze towards the fire again "Hmm that would be a problem wouldn't it?" he replied with a small smile.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Alexia watched him set her sister down, observant as she always was though she knew he wouldn't hurt her. Surely, by now, he knew that she would be quick to kill him if he did. A small smirk crossed her lips but it faded as quickly as it had appeared and she dipped her head. "I'm sure you want to get back to your friend as quickly as possible so don't worry. You can come check in and see how she is in a few days...if you want." She muttered, feeling odd about giving such an offer to someone she barely knew, but he had helped so she thought he would like to know that his efforts hadn't been in vain. That the girl he carried out of danger was better and not in the unconscious and injured state she was in currently. Ultimately it was his decision, it mattered very little to her if he did come or not. Not to be mean, she was just used to people not sticking around for long. Mostly because of her attitude. "Luck...I'm beginning to think that's a myth...but I'm sure we'll be just fine." She offered a small smile, studying him for a moment before looking away.

Claire nodded faintly, remembering the Alexander she had once known. Never had she had any romantic feelings for him as she did Elijah, but she saw him as a friend that she could count on. He had been a kind soul who cared for all living things, now he was mean and reckless, haunted. "As long as you have faith in him you definitely aren't bad." She replied softly, trying to reassure him. Not in a million years would she ever accept he was. Besides, she believed that deep inside the good lingered. A smile appeared upon her lips and she looked down, almost as ifembarrassed. "Yes, that's all that matters. Hiding it from me really wasn't​ fair." It had made her feel as if he didn't feel anything, but it was better. "Mhm, unless you would prefer to have another girl who makes you blush..." She pouted, knowing that would never happen. It was a playful time though so she had an act to keep up, a thought that made her giggle as her gaze fell to his shirt and the dried blood stain there. Slowly she reached out to touch it, bringing attention to it. "You really should change before they get back." Jacob may not spot it, but she knew Mathias would and she didn't want him to question it, or worse.