Dawning [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Mathias watched her quietly while she seemingly caught her breath, nodding a little bit. "Alright, to the village then." he replied. He wasn't one to enjoy going into the village a whole lot, but he had to go there anyways to meet up with Claire's cousin. That is, of course, assuming the guy hadn't tried to find his own way back to the cabin. He shook his head a little and sighed, continuing forward. He was quiet for a moment glancing at Alexia thoughtfully and after a moment he spoke. "Alexia...if I may ask...what'd you do to upset Alexander?" he tilted his head a little bit. Clearly the vampire wasn't happy with her, but then again perhaps she did nothing. Again, vampires were unpredictable and perhaps Alexander had sought out a reason to attack her sister. The only problem with that idea is that the Elder vampire didn't exactly need a reason to do anything.

Elijah followed Claire up the steps and paused just a moment outside the door. He took a deep breath before walking in and closing the door behind them. Ebony looked over and smiled brightly, clearly pleased to see them both. "About time you come inside, you'll catch a cold if you keep going out." she clicked her tongue lightly and stood up. She smoothed out her dress and brushed her hair back from her face, her hazel gaze falling on Elijah. Her eyes narrowed a little bit, crossing her arms over her chest. "You on the other hand..." she huffed. Elijah flinched a little and looked away, almost in a sheepish manner.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Alexia didn't like being in the village eithe, but there was nowhere else for her to go. Besides, the village had what her sister needed to get better. Skye wouldn't survive for long in the wilderness, she was a strong person but at the same time she was weak. Life, in the long run, would ruin her and she was doing everything she could to avoid that for as long as possible. She scoffed at Mathias' question, rolling her eyes as she started walking in the direction of the village. If she could keep her energy up for the time being and keep on going then they would make it back in good time. "Nothing. The Coven sent us out a year ago on a mission, we were recently returning and crossed him in the forest. Haven't seen him since until he took my sister." She muttered bitterly, and she meant what she said. They hadn't done anything to him, even though she wanted to... she could tell then he wasn't kind but he had left them be.

Claire was pretty sure that she already had a bit of a cold from the night before, but she only smiled apologetically and moved towards the fire to warm up a little. No words left her lips for she knew Ebony would turn on Elijah once he entered the cabin and sure enough that's exactly what happened. She sat down on the small area rug in front of the fireplace, listening to Ebony and the tone of her voice as she started. Ebony didn't sound too angry yet, but she knew the storm was coming soon. It was almost amusing to think that a human would be yelling at a vampire, even more so that the human was a dearest friend of hers and the vampire was her love. Of course she hid the amused smirk on her lips with her hand and the edge of her cloak, as if simply trying to warm her nose. Yet as amusing as it was, she was a little worried too...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Mathias nodded a little bit in return before snorting quietly and shaking his head. "Bloody vampires and their nonsense..." he grumbled and sighed. He continued walking in silence, figuring she wouldn't appreciate him asking questions the whole way to the village. Yet, he couldn't help but be curious. He went through all this trouble to help her out and yet he knew so little about her. Of course, he didn't expect her to tell him her life story but he was curious. A sudden thought struck him, sneaking a small glance at her before looking away. "What do you think of the Coven?" he asked quietly. He didn't recognize her and unless she was from a different Coven its possible they just never crossed paths before he was exiled, thrown out, chased off, whatever one felt like calling it. He grimaced a little at the memory and peered down at the bed of leaves and twigs passing under his feet.

Ebony stalked up to Elijah and jabbed him in the chest with her finger. "If you ever hurt Claire again, I promise you'll regret it." her eyes narrowed dangerously. "If you even look at her wrong, I'll make you wish you'd never met me." Elijah flinched under Ebony's cold tone, something he wasn't quite used to hearing. In all honesty, very few people ever to talk to him like this. Ebony stood up on her toes to get right in Elijah's face, a scowl written across her's. "And you buddy, better spend the rest of your existence making it up to her. You may be of royal blood, an immortal being, a vampire, but you'd be nothing without her." Ebony scolded stepping back to cross her arms firmly over her chest. "I know a hundred and one ways to make a person disappear without laying a single finger on them." she finished with a small huff. "Now you'd better behave yourself, I'll be in the kitchen preparing dinner." she flicked her hair and brushed past him with one last glower. Elijah pouted a little bit and nervously reached up to rub the back of his neck, as if feeling her glare burning a hole right through him.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:19 am

Alexia stepped over an exposed root, listening intently to the sounds surrounding them. Sometimes one heard the dangers before they ever saw them although if they were smart then they wouldn't be seen or heard until it was too late. She worried that Alexander was one of these smart ones and was waiting for her to relax before attacking the small group. Call her paranoid but she had reason to be. It took her a moment to glance back at Mathias and register his question entirely before she thought about an answer. The Coven was full of monsters, they killed their parents and from what she's seen anf heard they weren't there for their people anymore. Only the ones who blindly followed their will, like sheep being herded for slaughter. A bit of a morbid thought, but that was the mindset she was stuck in currently. "I think it's best if I don't start on that subject right now." She muttered bitterly, shaking her head as if to shake off her irritation.

[Oh sheesh, Ebony. XD]

Claire winced as Ebony started on Elijah further, glancing over her shoulder to catch her friend jabbing him with her finger in his chest. He wouldn't bruise or anything so she wasn't worried about that, she just hoped that this would not get to him too much in a negative way. It was a little amusing she had to admit. In comparison to Elijah Ebony was very short and to see her scolding him was, in a way, kind of amusing. At the same time Ebony was scary, she definitely knew what to say, when to say it, and how to act to get her point across. Something she herself was never all too good at. She looked away as Ebony threatened him and stepped back, staring into the fire silently while biting her lip lightly. Once she left for the kitchen to make dinner it became deathly silent...she wasn't sure what to say. If there was anything she could say...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:48 am

Mathias gazed at her quietly for a moment when she answered...sort of anyways. He didn't press the topic any further, offering a curt nod in understanding. It seemed the Coven was beginning to lose their support from the people and a part of him wanted to feel saddened by it. Yet mostly, with a small twinge of guilt, he felt a burning triumph in the pit of his stomach. A small part of him wanted to see the Coven crumble away to nothing, to watch the Coven Elders lose their hold on their people, to lose their power. To be overthrown and exiled. It was a darker side of him that wished for their miserable end, a part of him he chose to push aside and ignore. He shook his head a little to clear his thoughts, holding his head a little higher as if it would somehow conceal the darker thoughts that lingered in the back of his mind.

(She's a bit upset with him....XD)

Elijah remained where he was for a few moments as if wrapping his head around everything, which seemed almost impossible by this point. He could hear Ebony working away in the kitchen, presumably searching through the cabinets. His gaze drifted towards Claire, feeling the desire to speak to her and yet not finding the words he needed. He instead, turned his attention towards the fire and watched it for a while. Watched the bright flames dance across the wood, casting shifting shadows around the room, it's glow was welcoming and warm. Elijah seemed to gather his thoughts enough to approach Claire, peering at her quietly for a moment. He didn't say anything yet, simply watched the light dance across her skin. A warm smile spread across his lips, taken back to the moment when he first saw her in the woods.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:14 am

Alexia took a deep breath, focusing on the trip back. This wasn't the time to think of the vile Coven she used to put so much trust into. Maybe she should have listened to her intuition back then when they first received their mission, some part of her knew something was wrong but she had ignored it for the sake of loyalty and protecting the village and her people. After a moment she glanced back at him and her sister, smiling briefly. "You probably asked though because you're wondering if we live in the village. We are from this village, but if you know anything about the extra training some Protectors are taken into then you know we were trained elsewhere most of the time." She explained, running her hand through her hair and knocking some dirt out of the short, dark strands. It might seem odd she told him that, but what could he really do with that information if he wanted. "I think I can hear the village."

[A BIT???? XD]

Claire stuck the corner of her cloak in her mouth, the quiet was beginning to get to her a little bit. Probably because it wasn't too long ago that she had taken a vow of silence a few hours. So she couldn't complain now, and she wasn't. Aloud. She sighed and pulled the cloak out of her mouth, shrugging it off and letting it fall to the floor around her in a small pool of dark blue. The air was warming up in here and she didn't want to be stuck in it when it got too warm, she was still a bit cold though. Although she was sure she would have a lingering cold within her for awhile, until her heart healed from everything. If she could. No, I will heal... eventually. It would take awhile, but she wouldn't give up. Her family would never forgive her if she did. Claire shook her head and looked up when she felt a set of eyes on her, only to find that it was Elijah watching her. "It's not nice to stare..."she muttered, looking at the fire again.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Mathias nodded a little bit and looked away. "Protectors..." he muttered softly, feeling a small tug at his heart. "I know quite well..." he added but half to himself. He wasn't surprised she was a Protector, she had all the right qualities to be one. He tilted his head a little and listened, definitely the village. "That means were close..." he muttered, once again mostly to himself. He was relieved they were nearing the village, the sooner they got Skye some help the better. He glanced at Alexia for a moment in curiosity but he didn't say anything, quickly looking away again. There were a lot of questions he had but he bit them back, he doubted she wanted to be pestered by questions at the moment.

(....maybe more than a bit. XD)

Elijah smiled apologetically and moved to sit down next to her. He kept some space between them, despite wanting to hold her close and never let go. "My apologies...I was just thinking back to when I first saw you." he explained lightly. It had become a strange habit to think back to that single day, to that single moment when his entire life changed. He fell quiet again, not sure what else to say as he peered into the fire. He was comforted by the warm glow, both reassured and discomforted by the silence between them. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. Their lives were certainly getting more difficult, which is why they had to be closer than ever in these hard times.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:57 pm

Alexia fell silent, she didn't have much more to say about the topic at hand. Right now she just really wanted to get to their room so she could get her sister resting well and call on a Healer to come take a look at her infected injury. After the Healer left she would rest herself she didn't trust anyone enough to rest as well while they were in there, it would be then that something would go wrong with her luck. She ran her hand over her fsce and slowed down as they reached the edge of the forest, looking out over the road and few buildings she could see. There were a few people still out, but it looked like everyone was preparing to go indoors for the possible coming storm. Hopefully Mathias would be able to make it back to where he was staying before it started to pour too, it would be a shame if he got stuck out in it. "Well...hopefully we won't garner too much attention...the Tavern isn't too far from here..."

[Maybe? XD I think she was definitely more than a bit upset with him. XD]

Claire tilted her head but she didn't look at him again, her thoughts back on that day. He had been watching her, at the time she hadn't realized it but...she was sure she felt something back then. A set of eyes, but she only thought it to be a curious animal until he told her he saw her heal the deer much later. That same day was the first time she saw him too, but of course she had thought he was crazy with the way he kept glancing at her when he thought she wasn't looking. Yet she was sure if he hadn't she wouldn't have noticed him as much, or maybe she would've...she really couldn't say. "Ah, the day I thought you were crazy, and weird." She muttered quietly, staring at her hands. It was almost dreamlike to see how far they've come since that day, a witch and an Elder. Sometimes she questioned it, but not once did she ever regret it...not even when he said those awful words. He probably didn't know that, but she was sure he had an idea since she was still here with him. "You've always had a bit of a staring problem." She smiled softly.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:18 am

Mathias felt a small wave of relief wash over him when they reached the edge of the forest. They were far enough away from Alexander's home that he felt comfortable enough to relax just a tad. However, he wasn't particularly happy to see there were still a few people out and about. Hopefully, none of them would recognize him as the werewolf that ran through the village every now and then. He pushed his fears aside and looked over at Alexia. "Hmm, well lead the way." he replied simply. He didn't think they'd attract too much attention, most people tended to keep to themselves anyways. He felt a small chill pass over him, he shuddered and looked around them warily. His gaze landed on a figure standing by one of the small cottages, staring in their direction. He felt the hairs rise on the back of his neck but when he blinked they had disappeared. He frowned a little and shook his head, looking away. It was nothing...

(Alright, alright. You're right. She was pretty ticked off at him. XD)

Elijah chuckled softly and peered down at his hands, he folded them neatly on his lap. "Ah, well I'd imagine I must've seemed a little strange then." he replied quietly. She had truly captured his attention that day, drew him in some crazy little trance to the point where he couldn't stop thinking about her. It was the first time he really felt something, in a long time. Before then he had been so focused on trying to keep what was left of his family together, running the kingdom, taking care of business, etc. He looked up at the fire again and then peered over at her for a moment, feeling a warmth bloom in his chest. She smiled...it was a small and soft smile but it was enough to make him smile a little in return. He looked away again, a smile still curling at the corners of his lips. "I can't help it, you're beautiful." he replied quietly "Although a lot of the time it's because there are moments when you look so happy and peaceful..."

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 am

Alexia nodded and started to walk again, thankful that the Tavern wasn't too far from their current location. It was on the next road over and tall enough that she could see it. If it were any further she would be forced to take Skye to the Covern and she was sure Mathias didn't want to go there either. Just a feeling, and whenever he even brought them up there was a bitter tone to his voice. It made her wonder what theu had done to him, she was there when everyone had their memories wiped so she didn't recognize him, but it wasn't her business. "Everything alright?" She asked, she sensed a shift in his emotions though it had been so brief she couldn't say if it had really happened. No matter...she still thought to ask just in case something was wrong. Her main focus was getting Skye to their room though, to get her comfortable. Skye really didn't look so good...

[I don't blame her, and I'm pretty sure she made quite the impression on him. XD]

"Well I had come into a room full of Elders questioning my best friend in such a threatening manner and this specific one kept staring at me. Wouldn't you have found it strange hm?" Claire looked amused as she spoke, fiddling with her sprawled out cloak just to have something to do while she avoided his eyes. He had certainly startled her back then, she hadn't known what to think but she remembered very clearly that she hadn't really been afraid of him. Maybe of the others, but not Elijah. Then after that he kept showing up out of nowhere and saving her whenever she fell into trouble, now they were here. Whatever had brought them together she didn't know, but she was grateful. Everything had changed in that single day, some things for the worst but others for the best. "B-beautiful? Uh...n-no, I don't think s-so..."she stuttered, looking away as a deep, pink colour filled her cheeks. Her skin felt so warm now, but she just pretended it wasn't there. "...there's not many of those moments lately, unless you mean to say you watch me when I sleep." She looked at him suspiciously though it was light-hearted. After all, she wouldn't be surprised if he did.