Dawning [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun May 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Elijah smiled and dipped his head a little again in silent gratitude. It wasn't until the pair of them left the house and the door closed that he finally moved. He let out a soft sigh and looked at the fire again, clasping his hands behind his back. The world around him seemed so chaotic and dark, even the fire didn't burn as bright. He remained there for a few moments as he let his thoughts fall silent, once his nerves were soothed he turned and headed towards the bedroom.

Mathias was silent, still fuming although the frustration was slowly easing away. The fresh air did wonders and for once he begged for a storm, as if that'd somehow wash away all his misery and pain. His gaze flickered towards Jacob for a moment "Get some rest..." he said lightly before looking away. He didn't seem in any particular mood to talk at the moment. In a flurry of dark fur he shifted, landing on the small porch with four paws. He would do a quick search around the area to make sure all was well before he found some place to rest for the night. He was used to moving around a lot and not having the same place to rest, this would be no different. He stretched and shook out his fur.

Ebony laughed softly "Perhaps we are, but I think it's a good thing." she replied with a gentle smile. They needed to be stubborn when it came to Claire, especially after everything they've been through and no doubt still had to go through. Don't worry Claire, we got you... she thought. With all of them there she was confident Claire would be alright. It was good to be surrounded by people she could trust. Even though Jacob was a stranger and Mathias a bit rude, Ebony trusted them whole-heartedly, even if the others didn't share her feelings. She slipped past Claire to draw back the blankets for her, to make it easier for her to get into bed. "Now you need to get plenty of rest!" she concluded, that Healer side of her kicking in again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri May 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Jacob had his eyes closed as he took in the fresh air, so it nearly startled him when Mathias spoke up. He managed to hide it well, looking at the upset man as he nodded. "Ah, you as well..." The slightly timid man replied, watching in a bit of awe as he shifted from human to wolf. It happened in the blink of an eye, he could barely see it occuring, and yet he somehow didn't miss a beat at the same time. Still he wondered how such a thing was even possible, where did the ability to shift into a wolf even come from? Was it possible that certain humans were cursed? Or was there some type of rare gene that a few carried? This of course wasn't the time to think about it, if he let the idea breed in his mind then he'd be up all night researching it instead of getting the sleep he needed. A light sigh escaped him as he moved off the porch and towards his tent, looking up at the sky. It seemed like it wanted to rain again, hopefully Mathias found somewhere warm and dry to sleep. "If it uh gets too cold out, you can rest in the door of my tent..."he called over his shoulder, just wanting to be polite.

Claire smiled lightly and nodded, knowing Ebony would be one to think that way. Ebony was always stubborn when it came to her, but being as carefree as she was it really did nothing to surprise her. Although, with everything that has been happening, she didn't feel like exploring as much as she once too. The world could remain a mystery for now. She looked at her dearest friend as she moved forward to pull back the blanket for her, hesitant to let go of the one around her but the bed would most likely be warmer by a little bit. With a sigh she unwrapped herself and set down the extra blanket, upon the bed in case she needed it, and climbed in, pulling the blanket around her. That one, slight, second had been cold, but the warmth of the bed soothed her aching limbs. Once she was settled in, or as settled as she was going to be, she looked at Ebony with a tiny pout. "Eb-bomy, m-may I have another c-cup of water...? M-my throat is s-so dry..."she asked, feeling bad for sending her out there again but she was sure Ebony would scold her if she tried getting back up.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Mathias glanced at Jacob with gleaming golden eyes, dipping his head a little in acknowledgement. He appreciated the offer, whether or not he took him up on that offer was another story. Without another word he trotted off through the tall grass, heading towards the tree line. His gaze shifted around the clearing, flicking his ears towards the smallest of sounds. For just a moment he felt a wave of nostalgia, glancing back at the cabin quietly. He whined softly and bowed his head, hurrying off again. It was useless to wish for things to be the way they were in the past. Before he knew he was a werewolf. Outcast...exiled...feared... he sighed and shook these thoughts aside. He raised his head again and disappeared among the trees.

Ebony watched as Claire got settled in, making sure she didn't need any more assistance. She smiled brightly upon Claire's request, always happy to help in any way. She nodded and turned towards the doorway, yelping a little in surprise. Elijah lingered just within the doorway, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. She scowled at him as if blaming him for it but quickly waved it off. Ebony paused when she passed him and gave him the 'I'm watching you' gesture before hurrying out to get some water. Elijah looked faintly amused by Ebony's threat but was too exhausted to really portray that. He ran his fingers through his dark hair and peered over at Claire quietly. He felt hesitant, nervous, for reasons he couldn't quite decipher.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Jacob chuckled silently to himself, knowing that it was unlikely that Mathias would actually take him up on his offer. The man, wolf, seemed stubborn and he hadn't taken him up on it the night before. Did he ever get cold? Again he didn't know much about werewolves, but he hoped to learn soon enough when he found the time. From what he's learned just by being near this one werewolves had a temper, were grumpy as well as stubborn, and they were heat magnets...other than that he didn't know much. Yet he didn't wish t think too much about it now, he would keep himself up all night if he did and he was exhausted. Never has he traveled this far from home, his body was sore though he hid it well and his brain still hadn't caught up with him yet. He hoped that by tomorrow he would feel a little more normal. For now he allowed any and all thought to drift away as he entered his tent, moving around to get ready for bed.

Claire laid back against the pillows, burrowing under the blanket with a small huff on her lips. She didn't like to be this cold, she didn't know anyone who did. It would linger as long as she remained sick, so she hoped that she would get better soon. A sigh left her lips as she relaxed a little, closing her eyes until she heard Ebony's quiet yelp from across the room. Her eyes opened and she glanced over to see Elijah standing in the doorway, understanding what had happened the moment she saw him. Ebony hadn't known he was there, although to be fair she hadn't either. Usually she could sense him, but all her senses were a little out of sorts at the moment. Being sick did that to you. Unfortunately. She smiled softly, seeing Ebony give him one of her 'scary looks' before she left the room. Always the protective friend, Claire knew she could always count on Ebony to have her back whenever she needed her. Claire's gaze was drawn to Elijah next, her head falling into a slight tilt. He was watching her which wasn't unusual, she was used to that by now, but she was concerned as to what was going on inside his head. Hopefully he wasn't still beating himself up for earlier... "What...? Is th-there s-something on my face...?"

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 am

Elijah gazed at Claire, snapping out of his small trance. His gaze softened, a warm smile spilled across his lips. No matter how he felt at the present moment, she managed to make him feel happy again. "No...sorry, just deep in thought." he pulled away from the doorway and moved into the room. He looked around as if expecting to see something different, taking a deep breath. "Ebony sure knows how to intimidate anyone though doesn't she?" he chuckled. Ebony had a funny way of keeping people in line without directly doing so, it was quite spectacular to watch. Although, it was a little unnerving when that protective aggression was directed at oneself. He walked over to Claire, studying her, silently making sure she was alright. There was no doubt he was still worried despite reassurances from Ebony that Claire would be fine.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:46 pm

[I have no idea who we'll go to next. XD]

Claire tilted her head a little more, thankful for the pillow or else her had would feel heavy at that moment. Her entire body felt heavy, she wanted to sleep but she couldn't just yet. There was her water to wait for, and she wanted to make sure Elijah was alright. He seemed fine, but she knew how he tried to hide his stress from her at times and today hadn't been their greatest. This whole month hadn't been greatest. Things kept coming up, but this moment was fairly calm. Aside from her being sick they were both fine, he was here with her, and that's all that really mattered. "Hmm? Well...I know how m-much you like to get lost up there..."she muttered, pointing to her own head. There was a time, after they first started spending time together, that she teased him for thinking too much. It was a part of who he was...but she didn't want him to be stuck up there if whatever he was thinking about was causing him pain. "Ebony? Yeah, sh-she most certainly d-does, but she m-means well..." Ebony only wanted to protect her, she was a good friend and Claire appreciated everything she's done for her. She didn't know how she would've gotten through her childhood without her. "I'm still cold..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:00 am

(Well we could go to Alice and Ellie, Nikolai and Adeline, or do a time skip. XD )

A gentle smile split across his lips "Perhaps I get lost up there too often..." Elijah chuckled. Although it was unavoidable, especially in times like these where there was always something to worry about. He could recall his younger years of constantly worrying over his family, it was amazing he got anything done. He paused beside the bed, gazing down at Claire warmly. All he wanted was for her to be okay...that's what took up a good majority of his thoughts these days. Elijah nodded a little bit in silent agreement, Ebony was a good person despite her rather defiant and up-front ways. "Aren't you always cold?" he teased lightly, pressing his hand lightly against her cheek. Despite his playful nature there was a hidden concern beneath his words. His gaze flickered towards the doorway.

Ebony returned with a glass of cool water with just a pinch of herbs mixed in to help Claire sleep. "Here you go!" she exclaimed, entering the room with a bright smile.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:22 am

[Well we haven; checked on Alice and Ellie in awhile, but I'm going to leave that decision up to you. c:]

Claire scrunched her nose up a little, nodding in agreement. "I'll s-say. M-maybe now I'll have to wonder if you're actually l-listening or not." She giggled though it ended up turning into a cough. Luckily it didn't last long, but it still didn't feel pleasant. It was just a tad difficult to breathe with her nose all plugged up so one could imagine how much coughing helped that situation. After a moment she relaxed again, smiling as he touched her cheek. If he wasn't a vampire she would likely warn him away so he wouldn't get sick, not that he would've listened even if he hadn't been one she was sure. He was much too stubborn for his own good at times, but she was always so grateful. "No...humans aren't always cold and nor am I...you're not being very nice to the sickly one..."she pouted, her gaze being drawn to the door as Ebony walked back into the room. A part of her was tempted to tell on him, but she figured he had been scolded enough today so she would be nice. For now. "Th-thank you Ebony..." Claire smiled lightly.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 pm

(I agree with that! It's been a while since we've checked on them. Would you like to post first or shall I? )

Elijah smiled gently, a glimmer of concern hiding beneath the smile when she coughed. "Nonsense, whenever you speak I will always be listening." he reassured her. He ran his thumb lightly across her skin, reassured by the warmth he could still feel lingering there. The warmth of a living, breathing, being. What would I do without you my dearest Claire... "Mean? I am merely concerned." he responded in his defense. She'll be fine... he continued to reassure himself, desperate to hold on to that belief. His gaze shifted towards Ebony when she entered the room, politely dipping his head, and withdrawing his hand to step back and give Ebony some room. Truth be told he really didn't want to get in her way, she was oddly intimidating for her small size and seemingly delicate nature.

Ebony smiled and hurried over, lightly nudging Elijah further out of the way. "Stop hovering, Elijah. You're so clingy..." she teased and handed the cup over to Claire. "You're welcome!" she exclaimed brightly, clearly in a good mood. Things were going well considering what's been happening recently.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:01 pm

[I posted first for them last time, so you can this time. c:]

Claire smiled softly, leaning into his gentle touch. He was just so warm, she wanted to wrap herself in it to stop the cold from hurting her. "I d-don't know about that...and I'm p-pretty sure you're mean t-to me..."a playful smile slowly crossed her lips though it soon faded as he moved away. She wasn't very happy about that, but she would behave for now in fear Ebony would scold her. After all she knew well how frustrating it could be to take care of someone and have another be in your way. It didn't make anything easy, and you couldn't exactly tell them to move if they were family of the injured or sickly one. Although Elijah was close to her, she understood perfectly. Ebony could be scary when she wanted to be and he's witnessed that first hand. Her gaze moved to Ebony as she sat up a little and reached out for the cup of water, nearly dropping it from how much she was shaking. A bit spilled over the top but thankfully it wasn't too bad, she didn't require a towel just yet although there was it was still too early to celebrate. "C-can't stop shaking..."she pouted, looking in the cup for a moment.