Dawning [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:50 am

Mathias nodded a little, understanding completely despite his lack of faith in the idea. He looked away, chewing on the inside of his cheek quietly. There was one a time where he focused entirely on his witch duties, doing everything he could to become the best protector in the Coven. He wanted nothing more than to serve the Coven and fulfill his destiny. He clenched his hands tightly until the knuckles turned white, that life was stripped away from him and with it all those he cared about so deeply. His parents, his friends, Claire, it was like a hot iron being jabbed into his heart. Mathias took a deep breath and quickly brushed aside all these pointless thoughts. There was nothing he could do about it now. "Hmm write poetry on the side..." he suggested lightly.

Elijah smiled gently and nodded a little bit, relieved she agreed to rest now. Although, he agreed mostly in the idea that everyone wanted some rest. He sensed Mathias and Jacob had a long day and he knew Claire, Ebony, and himself had a long one as well. It seemed as though all their days lately have been exhausting and long. Yet he still didn't regret his decision to stay by Claire's side, nothing could pull him away from her. "Alright..." he said gently. Ebony looked at Claire and laughed softly "I know Claire...now up up! Into bed!" she ushered her friend. Ebony knew she worried too much, that she pestered Claire sometimes with her concerns, but she couldn't help but be concerned for her. She smiled and rose to her feet offering her hand to help Claire up, rather tired herself. A nice long rest would do them all some good, although she'd have to tend to Mathias and Jacob before she slept. She had noticed Jacob carried some parcels with him and neither one of them seemed all too comfortable. Ebony, despite her wariness of them both, was always kind hearted and welcoming. It was just that Healer side of her.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:24 am

Jacob thought about it for a minute, leaning back against the wall to alleviate some of the pressure on his feet. The idea was attractive he had to admit, but he did somewhat fear the consequences if his father was to ever find out. It wouldn't be good for the man would say that he needed to focus fully on his duties and nothing else. Then there was the worry that no one out there would enjoy his work, that it was a lost cause. He knew that doubting himself would do nothing to help him, but...he couldn't help it. His father had never instilled a good sense of self pride in him, as he had said before he was a harsh man. Yet he knew he had to try and let go of that, he was an adult and "That's a fair idea, I'll consider it." He muttered softly, rubbing at his chin thoughtfully. It was a risk, but some risks were meant to be taken. How else would one live? For now he didn't wish to worry about it too much, shaking his head as he looked over at the small trio. "It looks like they're getting Claire to bed, the fact she's so cold worries me."

Claire nodded and looked at Ebony as she jumped up and ushered her along. A tiny, light, smile crossed her pale lips as she took her hand and slowly got to her feet, swaying a little as the room spun slightly. She was a bit​ light-headed, but again she wasn't too concerned since standing up too fast did that to a person. Not just being sick. "Oof, have to remember not t-to stand t-too q-quickly next time..."a pout crossed her lips, waiting for a moment before she tried to move again. It's been some time since she was last sick... but she was​ a Healer and so there was no real reason for her to forget such a thing. Now she was​ thinking too hard, causing her head to ache from the building pressure. She shook her head gently to release these thoughts, looking towards Mathias and Jacob with slight hesitation. It was only polite to say goodnight to them, with Ebony and Elijah here she had no reason to be nervous. Yet she was. At the moment almost everything made her a bit nervous though. "G-goodnight you t-two...r-rest well..."she mumbled quietly, keeping her head lowered.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Mathias shrugged a little bit in return, not use to people even considering his ideas. He peered over at the small group across from them, watching them get Claire up an everything. He was vaguely surprised when she spoke to him and Jacob, doing his best to mask the surprise with a tiny smile. "Goodnight Claire..." he said with a small tip of his head. He looked over at Jacob and nodded a little bit. "I do hope she doesn't come down with a terrible illness..." he murmured. Pneumonia certainly being one of them or worse even. He frowned and shook his head, turning towards the door. "I'll be back later..." he muttered. He could relax only once he was certain there was no one lurking around the edges of the forest. It was a bit chilly outside but he would manage just fine.

Eboy smiled reassuringly and helped Claire to her feet. Elijah, almost instinctively, moved closer to steady Claire as she swayed, a small note of concern on his face. Ebony waved Elijah off, a subtle reassurance that Claire was fine. She glanced back over at Jacob and Mathias, offering a tiny wave before looping her arm with Claire's. "Alright now, off to bed! You'll need all your strength!" she concluded with a bright smile. She did hope they could go to the village soon, a nice trip outside of the cabin would be good for Claire. So long as everything went alright that is...Elijah paused to peer back at the small duo, moving towards them quietly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Jacob looked at Claire as she said goodnight to them, just as surprised as Mathias. Unlike Mathias however he only dipped his head, unsure if he could talk even if he tried. It was like he was​ walking on glass here, but he hoped that wouldn't last forever. If it did he wasn't sure what he would do about...well anything involving his cousin. She wasn't a terrifying person, but she was​ surrounded by beings who could easily end his life if he upset her. Staying alive was a more attractive option. "Yeah, I'm sure she'll be just fine though." He replied, looking at Claire once more as Ebony whisked her away. His gaze moved away when he caught other movement in his peripheral, zeroing in on Elijah then to Mathias when he spoke. A faint frown crossed his lips, was he going to just leave him here with them? The idea made him slightly uncomfortable though he tried not to show it as he shifted the parcels in his hands again. They were starting to get heavy, he probably should've waited until tomorrow to being these in but it was too late now.

Claire pouted a little bit​, moving the blanket out of the way as Ebony grabbed her arm. "Not too fast Ebony...I'm dizzy." She mumbled, trying to keep up without letting the blanket​ or cloak fall onto the floor. Elijah or Ebony would probably get them if she did drop them, but that wasn't the point. It would still make her feel bad to and they were keeping her warm. Of course she knew Ebony was just concerned for her and she did appreciate it, but her legs felt like lead at the moment. Another side effect of being sick as well as depressed. At least soon she could lay down though she hoped Elijah wouldn't leave her alone for too long, unless Ebony decided she needed to keep an eye on her in case she got worse. She sighed and shook her head once again to relieve her mind; she did not want to think, but it didn't seem to want to accept that. It felt like her mind had a mind of its own sometimes. "You sh-shouldn't worry s-so much."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 pm

"Mathias...could you wait a moment?" Elijah spoke up, snatching the werewolf's attention, whose's dark gaze flickered towards the vampire with an exasperated sigh. His intent was to avoid Elijah and thus avoid conversation, the pair of them still weren't on the greatest terms. Something Mathias didn't see changing any time soon, but for Claire's sake he'd play nice. He paused and trailed back beside Jacob, somehow feeling far more comfortable with him at his side. Perhaps it was simply the similarities in their situation, the outcasts among the odd little group. Mathias leaned back against the wall beside the window, looping his thumbs into his pockets with his head tilted to the side.

Elijah paused a few feet from Jacob and Mathias, a tired but polite smile trickled across his lips. "I wanted to thank you both for being here...Claire needs to have people around that she can trust." he began quietly. Although he was using the term 'trust' lightly in this case, for even he had his doubts about the two but for the sake of having so few to trust, he knew they were less likely to harm Claire. Besides, neither have really given him any reason to not trust them, yet. He dipped his head a little to further his appreciation before his gave focused on Jacob and then glancing at the parcels he carried, curiously. A question lingered on his tongue but thought it impolite to ask, in case such items were of personal interest to Jacob.

Ebony giggled softly but it was apologetic, peering back at Claire. "Sorry...eager to have you rest I suppose." she explained briefly and moved a little more slowly for her. Guiding Claire towards the room with an even pace that wouldn't put her through too much stress. There was no doubt Ebony was truly worried about Claire. Mentally, emotionally, even physically Claire was worn down, the world was seemingly working against them. Ebony, however, would remain positive that better days were just around the corner. "Perhaps I worry a little..." she smiled.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:03 am

Jacob felt more comfortable as Mathias returned though he could sense the wolf was​ unhappy about it. There was a light tension in the air and again he wondered what was going on between these two. His thoughts went to Claire but he couldn't quite put it together just yet and he wasn't about to ask them about it. Mostly afraid they would snap on him or each other, he wasn't prepared for that kind of... mess. He shook his head and looked up at Elijah, listening intently as the vampire thanked the two of them though it would be easy to tell that he didn't think he deserved such praise. Claire had been alone for far too long, he should've been there for her earlier in her life...not just now after she lost everything. It made his heart ache as he looked away, closing his eyes as he took a deep breath. The man would not accept his thanks, but he hoped Elijah knew he wasn't doing it to be rude. After a moment he looked at him once more and noticed he was looking at the parcels, shifting a little again before he held them up. "I uh...bought some...a few things for the...cabin. Some food...just to...say thanks to all of you for um...letting me stay." He mumbled, looking away again. This was awkward.

Claire huffed quietly, shaking her head lightly at her friend though she was grateful as Ebony slowed down a little for her. Her legs mainly. "I'll g-get there Ebony. I j-just n-need a little more t-time than usual..."she mumbled apologetically​ since she did feel a bit bad for it. Ebony and Elijah had to take care of her so much lately, she knew they didn't mind but she did. They had other things to take care of she was sure and yet here they were instead by her side. Of course she knew better than to voice these thoughts as well, they would just wave away her concerns and assure her that it was fine. That were happy to be taking care of her as they were. The two were most definitely stubborn whenever​ it came to her well-being, not that that was​ a bad thing...but she wished they would look after themselves just as well. "I'll be fine...I j-just have t-to heal and accept...” ...that my family is gone... "...things."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue May 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Mathias eyed Elijah and simply nodded a little in return for the gratitude. After all, he wasn't doing it for the vampire, he was doing it for Claire. Mathias crossed his arms over his chest in a guarded manner, remaining silent while Jacob spoke, though his gaze never left Elijah. The two of them were kind of on neutral terms at the moment, neither friends nor enemies. He believed they both held a simple respect for one another and their relationship with Claire.

Elijah studied Mathias briefly before shifting his gaze towards Jacob again, nodding a little in acknowledgement. "Ah, I see...thoughtful of you." he said with a gentle smile. Jacob seemed a bit uncomfortable at the moment and Elijah had small hopes to ease that discomfort. This wasn't easy for any of them. He gave a small wave of his hand "You can set it in the kitchen..." he offered. "We appreciate your help..." It was certainly helpful, for Elijah wasn't entirely sure how much food they had left in the cabin, it would be more unfortunate for them to have to make a trip to town for food. He didn't think Claire was quite well enough for such a journey, despite the relatively short distance of it. He was uncertain of a lot of things right now, none of which he wanted to try and figure out at the moment. Though mostly he was sure Ebony would be pleased to be able to make more meals for Claire.

Ebony smiled gently and shook her head "Take your time, there's no rush." she reassured Claire. There truly was no rush for they didn't have anything else to do for the night. As long as Claire got some rest that was all that mattered. Ebony would probably stay up for a bit to clean up around the cabin. She had a feeling it didn't get cleaned too often these days, not to say it was dirty at all, but a little dusting wouldn't hurt. "It'll take to heal Claire...just take it easy." she said softly, knowing exactly what 'things' Claire had to heal and accept from. It was never easy going through loss, they've all faced it at one point or another. Thus was why Ebony was confident Claire would pull through.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue May 02, 2017 11:45 pm

Jacob dipped his head and glanced at Mathias before he moved towards what he assumed to be the kitchen of the cabin. There were only a few other places to go and it was clear that the direction which Claire and Ebony went was definitely the wrong way. A sigh of relief left his lips as he found himself in the correct place, looking around the tidy little kitchen with a curious gaze. Every little thing seemed to have its place and it was different than how his mother kept thwir kitchen which made it nice. It was interesting to see the way others lived, how they put everything and how they did things. He smiled slightly and set the few parcels down on an open counter, making sure they were all there before he went back out to the living room. His gaze went to Elijah as he dipped his head, glancing towards the door. "Ah, I'll go now so that tou all can rest...I'm still a little tired myself. From the journey." He explained quietly, looking at Mathias again. Where he planned to go he didn't know but he had a feeling he wouldn't exactly be staying in here with that look on his face.

Claire nodded gently, once more so grateful to her dearest friend for many reasons that she could not list right at this moment. Ebony seemed to just understand her without a full, detailed explanation required. She didn't push her and she felt calm and relaxed, not on her toes like she always seemed to be with Mathias. That was a fully complicated relationship, but she hoped that once she felt better they could resolve it. For now, for once, she was fully focused on herself and healing. First physically and then mentally. They were right after all, she needed her strength to fight. "I think I'll g-get to sleep okay t-today...I'm so sleepy..."she mumbled softly, meaning that this time Ebony didn't have to whip up a tea to put her asleep. As much as those teas did help, getting to sleep naturally would be better for her. "I won't g-give up...I d-don't think any of you would l-let me anyway." She giggled quietly.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat May 13, 2017 3:32 am

Elijah and Mathias remained in a silent stand-still while they waited for Jacob's return, mostly out of lack of having anything to say to one another. Mathias shifted his weight from one foot to the other in an anxious manner, his soft brown gaze flickered towards the windows every now and then. Elijah had turned slightly towards the fire again to watch the flames dance across the burning wood. Both in deep thoughts of their own making, each within their own little world at the moment. It wasn't until Jacob's returning footsteps that they both unglued themselves from their previous positions. Elijah turned to face Jacob and smiled politely, offering a tiny dip of his head. "I bid you a good nights rest then..." he replied. Briefly looking towards Mathias "And you as well..." Mathias snorted softly "Always..." he grumbled and turned, heading towards the door again with a more finality to his step. The gentleman part of Elijah desired to offer them both to rest in here for the night, seeing as though the weather has been rather moody lately...yet his desire to keep Claire safe was stronger and until he was certain of the two of them, no such offer would be spoken unless absolutely necessary.

Ebony continued to lead the way to the bedroom, smiling brightly. "I hope so, you need your rest. I can only imagine how tired you must be..." I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through right now... was the silent phrase beneath her words. Stuck wishing she could say something to make all of Claire's problems disappear...but life simply didn't work like that. She tugged at the loose sleeves of her dress, reaching up to brush a dark strand of hair behind her ear. She giggled softly "That's right! We'll make sure you don't give up." she beamed. Quite proud of her own determination to make sure Claire got better. Claire was a fighter though, Ebony had no doubts she would pull through this darkness, no matter how hard the journey was.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Jacob looked at the pair awkwardly, almost afraid one of them would suddenly lash out at the other. All seemed to be safe, for now, so he relaxed a little and looked at Elijah as the vampire spoke to him. He dipped his head politely, running a hand through his dark brown hair. "Ah, thanks. I definitely need it." A quiet chuckle escaped his lips before he moved towards the door, pausing once he reached it a moment later. "I uh, hope you all rest well as well." Unsure of vampires actually slept he thought it good enough to at least include him in that. Perhaps they did, he would have to make sure to study them more closely once he found a bit of spare time. Being away from home he was likely to have plenty of it once he settled in which would be a nice change of pace from the usual. He shook his head after a moment and waved farewell, closing the door behind him as he left the cozy cabin. It made his tent seem bland, but he was content with where he was. Mathias still seemed ro be in quite the mood so he wasn't sure of it was a good idea to say anything to him, he didn't wish to get his head ripped off.

Claire nodded in agreement​, she was rather tired...among other things but she didn't wish to think about those other things. Thankfully they soon arrived to her bedroom and a small smile slipped across her lips as she saw the comfy-looking bed awaiting her. Her muscles were achey and her eyes wanted to close and stay that way, she was ready to sleep. Perhaps for a week even if she was lucky, but these days she was rarely that lucky. If she didn't have any awful dreams then her luck was pretty great, that was the extent of it. She sighed and stretched her back a little, wincing as a few places along her spine popped. With everything that was happening she hadn't realized just how stiff she was, maybe tomorrow they could go for a little walk to help her ease muscles and aches. Of course that all depended on her cold, but she could still hope. "I know, you're all much t-too s-stubborn for your own g-good." She giggled though honestly she didn't see it a bad thing, she supposed that it was good to be stubborn when it came to her.