Shounen Stars

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Kurusu

Re: Shounen Stars

Post by Kurusu » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:06 am

"Hmm... This really isn't my strong point..." Mary squinted her eyes as if she was trying to intimidate the answer out of the silent buttons with her gaze. "Ninety-nine and sixty-seven... What's the target number of the button?" Then, something struck Mary. "Uhhh what's their target number? In fact... how do we figure out which one is the button's number and which one is it's target?" Although Mary was sure that what she was implying was way too simple, she might as well ask anyway.

"Also... I guess ninety-nine could be mistaken as sixty six...?" Mary added with a skeptical frown. She was sure that Julius would be laughing at her suggestion afterwards. She couldn't help it, thinking wasn't her thing; she preferred punching stuff.

Just as she was thinking though, she noticed a piece of red paper stuck under Julius's shoes. "Um... Julius, something is stuck under your shoes."

=====

As Geoffry closed in, the bunny girl's face distorted into one of euphoric violence. She quickly produced a knife out of thin air, and with a flash of the blade, almost slit Geoffry's throat open. Had Yuuki not told them to stop, the two violent individuals may have started trading blows. The knife disappeared as quickly as it appeared, and the bunny girl looked back at Yuuki fearfully.

Yuuki's voice was nothing special of sort. It was leveled and not aggressive. Yet it struck fear into the bunny girl again. "O-ok!" The girl said, half revering, half frightened, at Yuuki. "My name is Ōkuma Yumi." She introduced herself, bowing courteously at Yuuki. At the same time, she spared not a single glance at Geoffry.

Yumi, standing short at only about 150 centimetres, looked up at Yuuki with a sparkly eyes. Most of her attention was set upon the girl who was wearing only a bikini and a blazer for modesty. A very little amount of her attention was on Geoffry, just in case he attacks. "So magnificent... You are a masterpiece..." She said absentmindedly, clutching a piece of red paper in her hand.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Julius
"Exactly!"

With praise Julius gave Mary a light pat on the shoulder. He expected no less."Number sixty-seven, targets ninety-nine. So if you hold those two, keeping the sixty-six flipped, you can pass the phase."At least that was his speculation if they didn't closely examine the number. However the rules were acquire a tag without killing. Maybe the instructors made it this way for this reasoning if there were people clever enough to use it. Gathering up the rest of the other tags he left on the floor, Julius returned them back into his pockets.

"Um...Julius, something is stuck under your shoes."

"Hm?"

Taking a small pause he looked down. The red paper sticking from under his foot in a peculiar manor. When did he step on anything of the sort? He took a seat on the floor, bending his leg over the other peeling it off. Inspecting it further, curious to see what was written on it.
=====
Geoffrey

Fist drawn back and held tightly as Yumi was going to attack him with the the knife. His glare focused on her. It would not had been the first time someone had tried to kill him...and he was sure it wouldn't be the last. Even as the knife disappeared and Yumi's attention turned the hostility lingered. "Tch. I don't even feel like getting my hands anymore bloody." Both hands were placed in his hoodies pockets.

"Trying to get 'acquainted' is just wasting time."

====

Makai

After giving Camilla a light nod, her finger flicked the coin upwards. Rotating, light bounced off of each side of its metallic golden surface. Makai's eye watched it as it ascended. Heads or tails? Which one to choose? A fifty percent chance of winning...or losing. The pressure began to build up. He wasn't sure which one to choose. The coin had reached the apex, then beginning to descend.

"Heads!"

He made his call. Though his heart raced as he did. This coin toss would be the determining factor whether he would remain in the test or not. The entire future was dependent on this moment...and of course many others as well that are yet to come. Makai just had to be confident in his choosing. Show no signs of anxiety, it was very hard for him. Legs slightly shaking as his doubt was slowly returning.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 am

Yuuki

“Hello, I’m Yuuki, and this is Geoffrey.” Yuuki said with a smile, ignoring Geoffrey’s obvious grumbling. Yuuki felt fairly certain that he would grumble unhappily no matter what she said or did anyway. As far as Yuuki was concerned, fighting this girl felt like an extremely bad idea. Avoiding a fight here would be for the best, her gut was telling her. That look on the girl's face when Geoffrey had closed in hadn't been determined it had been happy and that knife. Yuuki was certain that she had never seen the girl draw it. It had simply appeared in her hand. Geoffrey might have boundless confidence in his abilities, but Yuuki did not.

No, better for the both of them if they didn't have a fight.

“What’s your name? And would you like to tag along? I've just been bugging this guy and following him for the past ten minutes.” Yuuki said with another smile as she flicked her thumb in Geoffrey's direction.

-------
Camilla

Heads!” the boy called as the coin flipped upwards into the air. Light glittered off its flat surface with each revolution. If she cared to do so, Camilla was certain she could probably count the rotations and figure out the eventual outcome of the call, but what was the fun of that? It was a pointless little bet, and even if the kid did win she doubted he had the gumption to ask for all of her buttons.

Even if he did, she would only need to get three new ones.

The kid however seemed to have already lost his backbone again, and seemed to be watching that coin as if his life depended on the outcome. Camilla simply held her hand out and caught the coin as it spun back down to the ground. Without looking at the coin she slapped it onto the back of her left arm with a crisp sound of flesh striking flesh.

“If you call heads, then I take tails.” She said, lifting her hand up. She glanced down at the coin for a few seconds, a faint frown on her lips before she tilted her arm so the boy could take a look. “You win.” She said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Man, and I was on a hot streak too.” She groaned as she flicked the token back at the boy. “Deals a deal. You get one request.”
//ancient wood shifted underfoot, her blade drew with a metal rasp// Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 pm

The red paper in Julius's hand was nothing special. It's just plain, red, and paper. Mary scratched her head and squinted her eyes in confusion as she looked at the piece of paper. That shade of red was really familiar...

"Anyway... I'm surprised I guessed that right. Way to go for me!" Mary said cheerfully, patting Julius in the back with an audible 'thud'. "Let's keep walking through the tunnel, maybe we'll find the exit."

After a while, the pair would faintly heard some sort of commotion, and a familiar voice. The tunnel allowed the voices to echo quite a distance, yet, the echo muffled the voice up making it impossible to comprehend. That was the case, until someone said something loud enough.

"Yes... YES!"

Mary remembered that murderous voice full-well. "Julius, I'm gonna do what you said back during the first trial." Mary glanced at Julius. "It's better to take action, rather than follow others, right?" She then quickly dashed ahead of Julius without letting him protest. She had already made her mind that she would not let that bunny girl claim anymore victims, and she wasn't going to let anyone change her mind.

=====

"YES!! Of course I will... I will go, tag along with you... y-yes!" With a crazed breathing, almost panting, Yumi accepted Yuuki's offer to tag along with her. A good way to describe Yumi's mental state would be "star-struck fangirl". For some morbid reason, the fact that Yuuki managed to scare Yumi made Yumi very, very interested in Yuuki. To her, Yuuki was a masterpiece of sort. Having such magnificent being so close to her, talking to her, offering company with her, was the best thing to happen yet. She then immediately clung to Yuuki, looking up to the grey-eyed girl from waist height like a loyal puppy.

...And Mary had just peaked from behind the corner to witness the clinging as it happened. Obviously she wasn't happy. She was angry and ready to start punching.

"Yuuki! Get away from that murderer!!" Mary said as she dashed towards the two girls with overwhelming hostility towards Yumi. Yumi produced a knife out of nowhere yet again, and lunged at Mary, away from Yuuki. Rather than a smile, however, Yumi's expression was more of an annoyed scowl.

The knife flashed as the two made contact. Mary had kicked the knife up to the ceiling with so much force that it's pointy end pierced into the ceiling and getting it stuck. Unlike the previous encounter, Mary was determined. She was kicking to hurt, and she wasn't going to kick just once. Mary immediately followed up with a notorious thai boxing move, the crocodile tail kick. The move is a reverse roundhouse kick that swings the user's heel into their opponent's face so forcefully it was described as the swipe of a crocodile's tail. Unfortunately, Yumi had immediately backstepped after being so forcefully disarmed. Mary's animosity and aggressiveness had telegraphed her course of action too much, and so her kick only made a vicious 'whoosh' sound, and not the sound of a face-breaking 'thud'.

Although Mary was angry, she was still in control, mostly. Rather than recklessly giving Yumi's face her knee, and potentially a fatal opening, she decided to wait for Yumi's next action instead. Yumi, intrigued but not impressed at Mary's controlled rage, also decided to do the same.

Mary raised her fist into a boxing guard, while Yumi created more knife and held it idly by her side. The stand off was about to get blown off proportion very soon...

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 am

Julius/Geoffrey

"W-wait that's not what I meant! Don't be an idiot!"

Julius screamed out at Mary as she stormed off. There was a clear distinction between taking action and just being an idiot running off into fire. There was a possible chance an ambush could be about. It took a moment for Julius's body to react and run off towards her. Almost tripping over his own shoelaces stumbling a tad.I swear this girl's gonna be the death of me, if we're still hanging around after this! As Julius trailed Mary his eyes remained watchful of the surrounding area careful of any lurking threats in the vicinity. So far there were none.

Before Julius could grab Mary and try and bring sense to her, she encountered Yumi again. His heart stopped for a moment. Then he pointed at the loli with an aggressive aura.

"So I see you're still wanting a fight? If you didn't learn your lesson from before then I've got a whole bunch of more tricks up my sleeve!"

At first sight he didn't see Yuuki and Geoffrey only Yumi. He was certain if she attacked that his trick wouldn't work again. However he was aware of her abilities and already had a counter in mind. The two fighting suddenly came to a stand-off. And just as he was going to pull out an item from his jacket Geoffrey walked in between both girls. Picking his nose with the the pinky finger, an agitated expression fixed on his face.

"Oi! If you're gonna fight, save it for the third phase!" His other hand was balled into a tightly closed fist."Otherwise I'll kick both of your asses!" Geoffrey didn't favor a group...it wasn't his style. However as the test progressed, the challenges would only increase in difficulty. The stronger enemies would eventually overpower him. At least being in a group of weaklings, he could squash them when the time called for it. That's how Geoffrey pictured 'he' would do it.

Meanwhile Julius stood idle. Mind clearing as the white haired boy tried to ease the tensions."Yuuki, she didn't hurt you did she?"He called out to her, making sure to keep a distance.
====

Makai

I-I won!

There was a pause. He was reluctant at first, doubting the odds of winning. As he got to save his button, a new challenge presented itself. One that wouldn't effect the outcome of the test. Deciding a request! He wasn't sure of what to ask. There were so many things he could ask for. A date? Her own button?

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your button number?"

He wanted to be sure that he had the right individual. If she wasn't his target there would be no point in taking her button. Or requesting it. But she seemed to be a person who will hold up her word. So there was no doubt in Makai's heart she would deceive him. He awaited her response.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:29 am

Yuuki

Yuuki took a reflexive half step back as that odd girl sprang away from her side as a familiar face rounded a corner. Her mind barely has time to try to decipher what Mary had said, something about getting away from a murderer before the small girl produced knives once more like a magician and the two girls exchanged a sudden round of blows. None connected and the two separated, each pulling back to a safe distance.

Before a second bout could start, Geoffrey boldly stepped between them. A faint amused smile crossed Yuuki’s lips as Geoffrey seemed to, in his own way, try to diffuse the situation. Yuuki dipped her head in a nod when Geoffrey asked if she were unharmed. “No, she did not hurt me.” Yuuki said. “So, how about we all keep calm and try to work together to get through this test? I am certain other participants have gathered into groups by now.”

-----

Camilla

“My button number?” Camilla asked, as she slipped a hand into her short’s pocket. After a moment or two of rummaging around she extracted the disc and held it up between her index and middle finger for Makai to look at. A simple button which would be a pain to replace if the boy asked for it. Not that it would be hard to replace, just needlessly annoying after she had already gotten the one button she needed. Oh well, if the boy wanted it, a deal would be a deal. “I’m number ninety-six.” She said with an easy shrug.

“So, this going to be your request then, or do you want something else? A kiss perhaps?” She said with a smirk. "Or I could be a bodyguard for you, we could have a date, whatever you want. Just ask for it."
//ancient wood shifted underfoot, her blade drew with a metal rasp// Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:39 am

The standoff came to a tense halt as both Geoffrey and Yuuki stepped in. Although Yumi wasn't backing down when Geoffrey got in her way, her demeanor changed instantly once Yuuki requested that everyone in the area work together.

"Yes... Yes..." Yumi said as both of the knife in her hand disappeared. She sounded as if she was enthralled by Yuuki. "Yes... Let's work together Yuuki-sama!" She said as she clung to Yuuki, almost hugging the grey eyed girl. Although the action itself annoyed Mary, it did got her thinking; what did Yuuki do to have the little miss murderous kid so amiable to her?

"Yuuki... Why is she... being so nice to you? She was killing people left and right, and that almost included us." Mary said, glancing at Julius when she said 'us'. Before Yuuki could say that she had no idea, Yumi answered in a civilized manner. "Don't worry, those people didn't die, they merely fell unconscious."

Mary paused when Yumi answered. The girl was right. One of her victim was bleeding out, but somehow recovered from the cut wound and was only unconscious afterwards. "My power allows me to make believe an object into something else, but it doesn't work on unconscious people... Whenever anyone became free of my power, the effects of my power would be reverted." Yumi explained, and when Mary had a dumb look on her face, Yumi held out a red piece of paper. It was identical to the piece stuck under Julius's shoe.

The paper instantly turned into a knife, and Yumi then cut a long gash across the back of her wrist. The girl moaned slightly, having an ecstatic expression on her face. Mary cringed at the sight. When Yumi was done indulging, the knife reverted back to a piece of red paper, and the wound on the back of her wrist disappeared.

No blood, nothing.

"...you could say it was alllll in your head!" The bunny girl giggled hysterically, as if she had made the best punchline in the world.

Yumi then looked at Yuuki. Her eyes had no gleam, and were a shade of crazy. Also, they were tearing up. "I attacked so much people, hoping to draw your attention... I'm sorry..."

Mary exhaled and slumped into the ground in relief. No one had died after all. "That explained why my injury disappeared." She said with a chuckle to Julius.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Julius/Geoffrey

No amount of explanation would break his suspicions. The fact that Mary brushed aside the events that occurred just a short while back even made him more suspicious of the girl. The vibe she gave off was untrustworthy adding to the seemingly insane. Rubbing the tip of his nose with a thumb, Julius decided to judge Geoffrey as well. The only thing that was questionable was the eye-patch he wore. It drew some questions in Julius's head that perhaps Geoffrey wouldn't want to get into. The same could be said about the green head band he wore. But there was something familiar about the white haired boys face. No matter how hard he tried to place it there was a blank.

"I swear, I've see that boy somewhere...but where?"

After a moment of trying, he just gave up figuring he was mistaking Geoffrey for someone else."Alright now that we solved this dilemma, that still doesn't excuse the fact that we haven't progressed towards the exit. I say if we all stay as a group there will be a less likely chance of us being encountered-"

"I would say you're lucky then. I happen to know the location of the exit," Geoffrey spoke with a menacing grin, as Julius sucked his teeth."Bingo. There's a little fee you'll have to pay in order to get this information from me."

"Of course there is. Survival of the fittest."Julius responded with a disappointed tone.

"Glad you can agree. Now-" he held out both hands on both sides."The price is a button from everyone of you. Of course this isn't necessary. You can wander for hours aimlessly, in which you'll never find it...or you can pay a small tax to possibly move to the next Phase. Your choices." His eye glanced at every individual in the group.
====
Makai

"A d-d-d-date?!"

Cheeks flushing with red, Makai stammered over words. He's never ever been asked on a date. Girls normally didn't even realize he existed; usually passing him by. Taking a moment to comprehend the options. A date would be nice. He never been on one, so there was no telling if it would turn out good or bad. Then again, thinking in the long term, a date or a kiss would make no sense. Makai couldn't defend himself, nor could he bring it upon himself to ask someone to protect him.

"Actually, I do have something in mind."

Slowly he began to raise his arm, holding it out for a simple handshake. "Wanna just be friends?" Asking Camilla sincerely, Makai's eyes looked into hers.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:07 am

Yuuki
Yuuki crossed her arms tight across her chest as a scowl bent her lips and her brow wrinkled. She gave Geoffrey an annoyed stare for a couple moments before finally shaking her head. Give him one of her buttons or never find the exit? Even if she had a button to give, what sort of raw deal would that be? If she had no button, then she couldn't go on, and if she gave up her only button then she would have to somehow get six more or her target and three more. She wasn't even certain how she could get her hands on one button, let alone a handful.

“So you want me to give you my only button so you can take me to the exit? That helps me how exactly? Why do you even need that many buttons anyway?” Yuuki asked, shifting her weight onto her left leg. Her stance remained open, her posture neutral, with only her disapproving scowl on her lips as proof of her disappointment. She doubted it would change the boy’s mind any, but she wasn't going to let him not have a piece of her mind.

Camilla
A smile came to her lips as the boy stammered over the idea of having a date. It was kind of cute to see how easily flustered he was. After a second or two of fidgeting, Makai seemed to regain the composure he had momentarily lost. The boy lifted his arm and for a fleeting moment Camilla felt certain that he was going to ask for her button. She flipped the disk in her fingers, ready to hand it over when the boy caught her off guard.

“Wanna just be friends?” He asked sincerely, his eyes looking into hers. Camilla stared back, her lips parted, stunned. With a quick shake of her head Camilla shoved her button into her pocket and reached out and grasped Makai’s hand. She cleared her throat and with a squeeze of her hand she gave his hand a firm shake.

“Fine, if you want to be friends, then she can be friends.” She said with a faint blush creeping across her cheeks as her eyes slid away from his gaze.

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:29 pm

"If Yuuki-sama isn't going to give her button, then I won't either." Yumi said to the boy with eye-patch, all the while staring at Yuuki's face. The bunny girl then once again clung to Yuuki, giggling like a child hugging her huge teddy bear. It didn't seem like anyone but Yuuki could reason with her.

Maybe not even Yuuki.

So much for cooperation, Mary thought. Although Yumi wasn't a problem any longer, now the party has the eye patch boy trying to extort buttons from them. To make it worse, Mary could feel that he was a fighter, a good one at that. Fear ran through her spine as she gauged Geoffry; he stood confidently, like a lion amongst it's prey.

It was unlike what Mary felt with Yuuki initially, however. She felt that this not-so-little eye patch riding hood was a worthy opponent, and not a complete bad news that fired every single instinct inside her like Yuuki.

Fighting Geoffry wasn't an option. Although the gang could probably overwhelm him, since Mary wasn't a bad fighter herself. She also believed that Yuuki could just kill anyone with a gaze, and with someone as dangerous as Yumi under Yuuki's command, the gang would be nigh unstoppable.

Oh yes, and Julius's brain too, how could Mary almost forgot that.

In anycase, beating Geoffry up would be difficult, and would achieve nothing. Walking out on him seemed to be the case. "I have only one button too, so I don't think it's a small price to pay." Mary said firmly, as she stood up and brushed dirts off her pants. "Sorry," she said.