Legacy: Chapter One

Poetic Ghost

Re: Legacy: Chapter One

Post by Poetic Ghost » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 am

J4X and Aurora

Miraculously the revolver fired, sending a deafening shot through the ventilation system, leaving even their synthetic audio processors ringing from the sudden intensity of sound and force in the air.

The bullet itself flew true, blowing half the hound's head apart before it could land on Aurora. It's blood and viscera left her otherwise clean self now painted with red and bits of bone. A low gurgle was all that came out of it's form as it laid against the fleshy floor, it's one dead eye, already lifeless, was now even more so. An already lifeless husk reduced to nothing now, a lazy portrayal of biological life.

The secret of it's ambush was clear now, a hole in the vent behind them, corroded away by the biomass and covered in a thin layer of... skin? Sinew? It wasn't easy to determine, and absolutely disgusting.

The growth at the other end of the vent seemed to groan and expand, an exhale almost. The walls of the vent screeched as the metal twisted around it's bloated mass. Whatever the hell it was, it was alive. More importantly, it was growing.

- - -

Gido Rankenn

The twin blasts from Twilight's Beam Repeater Rifle hit Frostbite hard, leaving long black burns across it's carapace and face-plate. Sections of chitin peeled away, revealing sickly orange flesh beneath. It screeched in anger and planted it's claws in the ice and lowered itself to the ground, raising the icy spikes on it's back.

Frostbite flexed it's thorax and with a deep cracking, a trio of ten foot long ice spikes shot towards Gido, each glowing from within with the same orange of it's flesh. The first spike glanced off AMP's shoulder, cracking and smashing into the snow. The next two hit their mark, smashing against Twilight's torso and thigh respectively. The damage wasn't too bad, but it was enough to shake the pilot and flash a few red lights. The creature let out what could only be compared to a laugh as it saw the effect of it's attack.

Then, it wrapped itself with it's head to it's tail and thrust itself towards the AMP, turning into a jagged wheel of pain as it advanced on Gido at frightening speed.

- - -

Revelation Namoor

As the nova cannons obliterated the shock troops and thundered down the umbilical, both enemy troops and human marines stared at Flashpoint in horror as he painted the hangar with blood and gore. The ship shook from the sheer force of the mech, and rocked with the impact of it's blows. As it unleashed a blast down the tube, the umbilical warped from the blast and heat before collapsing and pulling any poor bastard near the breach into the cold expanse of space.

Alarms blared in the hangar warning of the breach, and soldiers braced and reached desperately for anything to hold onto as the vacuum pulled everything it could through the hole. Bodies, both dead and alive were ripped through the hole and subjected to the unforgiving void.

But hey, at least no more soldiers would make it through, and it looked as though the xeno ship had taken the hit hard. Those black-clad shock troopers now doubled their efforts against the marines, and some turned their guns to fire on Flashpoint as they ran for the nearest exit of the hangar, looking for somewhere to hold out while they rallied.

Just fuel for her fire...

- - -

Dr. Alia Asai

ROJAS, WALLACE J.

That was all that was left of him now, just a name. Just like so many others, the soldier died believing he was defending his proud nation from the xeno invader. Now he was just another name, raised lettering on a piece of metal, and if he was lucky it would be etched into a piece of granite on Landfall next to a thousand others. His body would be sent home, if it could be recovered and preserved, but his sacrifice and legacy, the children he didn't have, the life he didn't lead, what of those?

The life of a young man taken, and for what?

Thus was the price of war.

It was nothing the good doctor hadn't seen before, as bleak as that sounded. One needed to understand that people died in war. Soldiers, civilians, warriors, doctors, innocents. War claimed all it could, this was it's nature and it couldn't be changed. Someone in Alia's position could only hope they'd save more than they'd lose, and pray for the lost.

As Dr. Asai approached the next marine, she'd find her stirring ever so slightly in the pool of her own blood. Her left leg was still pinned to the floor by the ten-inch spike that had been driven through her by the white warrior. Her skin was growing paler by the moment, and it was apparent that she'd need assistance soon or slip away. As the doctor drew near, the soldier's lips parted weakly and a voice murmured a weak plea for help.

"Please don't let me die here..."

- - -

Roy Mclean

Twat?

Beneath her helm, the warrior made a face. She could only assume the war-cry of the small male was some sort of insult. Roy's charge caught the warrior somewhat off-guard. She wasn't expecting another one of these beings to come charging towards her after she had already laid waste to everyone else who came close. Perhaps this was some sort of racial trait? Pack tactics? She could not see the strategy in such an action, but nevertheless she would give the small man a chance. She prepared to strike downward from above as her came close, using her height and reach to her advantage.

As he came near, she struck, certain she'd make a killing blow. But instead, she found his... stick somehow countering her blade, and now he was far too close.

Her overconfidence would be her mistake, as Roy charged her and used his center of gravity, mass, and strength to get beneath her and send him over his back. As she went over his shield, Roy would notice that despite being her size, she was quite light, not nearly as heavy as he expected. She tumbled behind him, and quickly spun around on the floor to recover. But as she spun, she found herself now below Roy, and at quite the disadvantage.

((Hey everyone, a nice smaller update as we have more action and combat related things happening at the moment. I'll also be posting something for Leon and Estelle maybe tomorrow (concerning Gido's call as well) any questions can be directed to the Discord or my DMs, thanks! :3))
]

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:38 am

Was it the metal? Distance seemed to be important too, if the marine’s pistol plucking against the alien’s visor was any indication. Heat damping alloys in the armor? A puzzle of alien tech.

Kit pressed her back to the wall as Akari tossed a flashbang into the hall. The metallic twang of metal skittering across the deck, and then light. Motion came and time bent into itself. The good doctor, with the sort of bravery or foolhardiness that marked a person of her trade, rushed out to the marines, and Roy brandishing his new shield close at her heels. The big guy yelling insults did well to distract the xenos from trying to draw a bead on Asai.

Or maybe they knew enough to not shoot medics. That always was a coin flip.

Kit spun into the open doorway and took it at a glance. Roy had the big one, but the four behind her looked primed once they caught an opening in the big guy’s defense. Kit sighted on the nearest of the four and squeezed a burst. White hot bolts zipped out and Kit pressed forward. She kept her profile tight as she moved towards the closest bit of cover, what remained of the sandbag barricade, and squeezed another burst of plasma as she slid into cover.

The sandbags hadn’t done much for the first guy, but what could she say, she was feeling lucky.

Kit’s uzi found a notch in the sandbags, and her finger squeezed down on the trigger.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 pm

As Alia had suspected, there wasn’t much that she could do for the young man. She recovered his ID tags, anyway, and slipped them into a pocket for later. Sometimes the way these things went, there might not be much to recover later. She would have liked to be able to do more, but there was no sense starting compressions on a man who was already gone - not when others might need her assistance. She got up and moved on, towards the other soldier, the young woman pinned to the ground.

That one was not beyond help. She didn’t look good, though - the pallor of her skin suggested she was in rough shape, which was one of those trained observations that wasn’t nearly as useful as the untrained observation that there was a giant spike driven through her leg. The woman’s plea was nothing that Alia hadn’t heard before, but that didn’t mean it didn’t tug at her anyway.

“I’m here to help.” Alia knew better than to make promises she couldn’t be sure of keeping. Her tone was reassuring, not a whisper, but soft and confident as she looked over the wound. “I’m Dr. Asai. Can you tell me what your name is?” She’d proceed from there to the standard list of questions: How old are you? What’s your birthdate? Do you know what today’s date is? Can you tell me about what happened? All questions designed to determine the woman’s level of coherence more than anything - eyewitness accounts of what actually happened were notoriously unreliable, but a lot of the time people needed someone to hear them and to feel that they’d helped more than anything else.

Meanwhile, she slipped her pack off of her back, glancing over at the hallway and the combat happening there. It was always strange to do triage so close to everything - even if no one was trying to kill her, one stray shot would end it all. Still, Alia had a job to do, and she was going to do it. She pulled out a laser cutter and slid it quickly under the woman’s leg, slicing through the spike pinning her to the floor, leaving as much as she could sticking out. This was not the time for removal. Once that was done, she bandaged everything as tightly as she could, before cutting off the top of the spike as well, leaving a good ten or fifteen centimeters so someone would be able to get a good grip later to pull it out.

Tempting as it was to put on a tourniquet and stop the bleeding entirely, that would almost certainly result in the woman losing the leg. Alia would do that if necessary, but for now she was going to try to save the limb unless she had no other choice about it.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:02 am

Kit Zahara

The burst of plasma met it’s target, still reeling from the flash grenade. The first knocked the shoulder off balance and burned against his armor, and the second tore through and left him on the floor.

Akari's flash grenade had done it's job well, but it didn't last. The remaining troopers steadied themselves as the burst from Kit's uzi came down the hallway, tearing at the survivors. It shredded the lighter armor on a soldier's waist, releasing a cloud of red mist as they let out a cry and fell on their knee. Their armor was tough where it needed to be, and flexible everywhere else.

The remaining two dragged their wounded comrade around the corner they had rounded and began advancing on Kit, firing their spike throwers towards her. The sandbags worked well enough until they began to tear and fall apart from the razor sharp projectiles.

For their height, they moved alarmingly fast, and after a mere few moments they were nearly on top of Kit. Their aggression was not unwarranted, after seeing this being fire upon their friends, the two troopers were more than eager to shed her blood.

- - -

Dr. Alia Asai

The marine's eyes caught the doctor as she tended to her, and a sense of relief seemed to wash over her at her presence. "I'm Lena, but everyone calls me Crash," she managed to get out weakly, and did her best to answer what she could. "I just turned 20... I think it's sometime in August... today's Tuesday, right?" She wasn't the most coherent, but she wasn't slipping or going into shock quite yet. The questions and contact made the soldier more relaxed and calm, and she even grew less tense as Alia spoke with her.

She let out a muted cry at the heat from the laser cutter, and gripped Alia's thigh as she tended directly to the wound. The combat and fighting seemed to warp around the doctor and her patient, as if it couldn't even touch them. She'd tended to wounded soldiers in worse conditions than these, but the enemy seemed to be avoiding her, almost as if they couldn't see her. Two of the black shock troops seemed to begin to advance on her, but simply stepped past her, focused on her squad-mates behind cover, was it their height? Maybe she didn't register as a threat to them, or maybe they could tell she was a healer, not a warrior.

"Help..."

A weak voice came from down the hall, breaking through the gunfire and shouting as Alia tightened the last bandage on the soldier's leg. A hacking, wet cough followed the cry that came from behind the enemy lines, where more soldiers would be coming towards them from. An arm reached around the corner, covered by a black gauntlet. The long, spindly arm grabbed onto the dead enemy soldier that laid on the hallway floor and pulled itself out into the hall.

They were smaller than the other warriors, hard to tell at this distance, but one could guess maybe a foot or so. Their abdomen was exposed, armor shredded by bullets, with little more than their other damaged arm protecting the wound. "Help... please," they said, with their remaining hand outstretched to the doctor.

- - -

Leon and Estelle

"He's going to kill us, isn't he?"

"No, he won't."

Leon left his hand on the cable, hoping to feel some sort of movement or response from the other end. The cable had went it's full length, and had now begun to stretch as emergency cables did. The tightness around his waist was uncomfortable, but not painful yet. He had begun a search of the med lab for something to cover himself. The room was growing cold, and he wasn't looking to walk around half-naked with a fresh wound for very long. He opened a locker marked Emergency Supplies, which seemed like as good a place to start as any, and the least likely location that would force Aurora to issue him a ticket for an Article 21.) Theft of station-issued undershirts and assorted garments.

"How do you know?" Estelle said, following him.

"If he wanted to, I think he would have."

The locker's contents were simple enough, water bottles, MRIs, a few space blankets, flashlight and glowsticks, a survival knife, and an extra set of clothes. No real weapons or outdoor clothing, it seemed they'd already been taken. Scavengers can't be choosers. The shirts didn't fit, it seemed someone had left the smallest sizes in the emergency kit. The only shirt that fit was a black sleeveless workout hoodie, not ideal on a planet stuck in eternal winter, but Leon couldn't complain. He grabbed a few glowsticks and the knife as well, leaving the sticks in a pouch on his belt and the knife in the holster on his thigh.

At the bottom of the locker, he found a black face mask. It was multiuse, made of insulating fibers for both sanitary and environmental reasons. With frostbite being the most common medical condition on base (aside from insomnia, pneumonia, depression, hypothermia, anxiety, and occasionally blunt force trauma) it was vital to cover the more vulnerable parts of your body from the elements. Leon pulled the mask over his hand and around his neck, pulling it up around his nose.

"You look stupid." Estelle chimed in.

"Thanks, I'm glad you can be so honest about my fashion sense." Leon replied, pulling the mask back down to his neck and shutting the door on the locker.

Estelle took a deep breath as she steadied herself against the lockers and set down her spanner on a nearby exam table. "She shouldn't have trusted him... he doesn't care about us." She looked into the air-vent, listening as J4X's voice reverberated back at them. "He's right though... I am a coward, and you're just wounded."

"I'll be fine, I'll handle myself." Leon grabbed the cable and returned to his place by the vent. "Besides, if he does try anything, Aurora's on our side."

"I know, but what if he gets her first? Then what?"

A moment of silence was shared between them before Leon said the first word. "Then we improvise, we scrap him if we have to, take his ship, find another transport maybe," Leon looked down the vent. "We're not dying here, not you, not me, and not Aurora." Leon tried to be reassuring, as if she was a patient, as if he wasn't the one in the most danger.

Before Estelle could respond, a gunshot echoed through the vent, and the two of them locked eyes as they came to their conclusions on what had happened.

Estelle called in first. "Aurora! Are you okay? What's happening?!"

Leon drew the knife and crouched low. "I'm going in, take the cable." He didn't have time to think about who shot who, he just knew that something was wrong and someone was in trouble, he wasn't about ponder the finer details, he'd have time for that as he moved in.

"Leon, wait!" Estelle gave the cable a strong yank, years of hauling machine parts and tightening bolts shined through as she pulled the soldier back. "You can't just run in there, we don't know what the hell is going on in there."

"Exactly, so I'll scout it out and come back." Leon replied, giving her a confident smile before ducking back into the vent.

Estelle tried to shoot back, but as soon as she opened her mouth, her earpiece crackled to life, and the voice of a man came through the static.

"-ido Rankenn again. To whomever it m-... no survivors... -engaging the enemy forces now. Gido Rankenn, over and out."

She pressed a finger against her ear and spoke clearly. "Ten-four, Rankenn. This is Estelle Katsopolis at Hub Station, I hear you, but there seems to be interference. Who are you engaging? Are we under attack? Where are you?" She called back, awaiting his reply.
]

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:41 pm

"You're doing great, Lena," Alia said reassuringly. She'd have said the same thing if the woman were screaming, but it was important to people to hear that they were doing something right, especially in situations like this - a battlefield, a mission failed or currently being failed, squad mates already dead and all the guilt that entailed. "I just need you to rest now, okay? I think the bleeding's stopped - the bandages will hold pressure. Don't try to take the spike out - I know it hurts, I'm going to give you a painkiller in just a minute here, but it's important to leave it in position until we're in a proper medical facility. Got it?"

Lena being coherent helped things along quite a bit, actually, because it meant that Alia could rely on her at least a little bit to follow simple instructions. Sometimes when people were too far gone, they'd do themselves more harm just trying to "fix" things and not understanding that they were doing more damage. Alia fished out a couple small tablets from a caspule container and handed them over - nothing too strong, because Alia needed to count on that coherency, but it would be something to take the edge off.

Alia gave her shoulder a squeeze, turning her attention to the combat scene, wondering who would end up being the next patient. It didn't take too long before there was a cry for help. Alia gave Lena one more squeeze. "Stay right here, all right? I'll be checking on you when I can. Try to rest. It's okay to close your eyes. It's okay to be scared or upset, too. Just process what you need to. You're doing good."

She stood again, shouldering her pack, glancing once more at the combat just to make sure she wasn't doing something terminally stupid like walking into someone's line of fire, and then moved over to the hallway where the voice was coming from, crouching down beside the doorway before peering around it. Alia knew there were people out there who would call for help to lure someone into a trap, and she knew to be cautious of that - but if someone needed help, she was going to try to get to where she was needed and help them.

The behavior of the troops so far, though, suggested that whoever these attackers were, they had some sort of policy against not attacking noncombatants, so despite her cautious moves, Alia felt relatively safe in moving over to check things out. She had a feeling that if she were injured in this situation, it would be accidental - but accidental injuries could be just as damaging or deadly as deliberate ones, and Alia wasn't inclined to take either, if she could help it.

People needed her, after all.

kotetsu

Post by kotetsu » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:03 am

That… went surprisingly well. What the hell was the space amazon made of? Might as well have flung a clothing store mannequin over his head he thought. Wouldn’t be the first time, the creepy little shits practically askin for it. Not the point right now. The featherweight giant still needed to go down. The others had enough to deal with when it came to tending to the wounded and returning fire down the hall.

He wasn’t completely unscathed, or rather his cricket bat wasn’t. When the warriors’ sword had made contact it actually managed to cut deep into the wood grain. Like an axe attempting to split a log without the edge properly aligned it bit into the bat and had taken a long and slender splinter off the corner.

Either way it worked out well enough for Roy, as he still had about ninety percent of his weapon, and he had achieved the goal he surprisingly, and if you think he spent even as close to the amount of time thinking about his poor weapon as it took for you to read the description of it happening, you’d be dead wrong. He was too lost in the adrenaline of the fight to reflect on any such things. His eyes zeroed in on his target as he turned to face her, shaken but not quite down yet. He charged once more, the shield covering a good sixty percent of his body, well enough over his center line.

“That all ya got!” he yells as he charges.

He saw it for only a split second, the cracks in her mask made by one her previous victims gunfire. The cracks were a weak point that he instinctively focused on. He swung the cricket bat overhead much the same way a barbarian with a sword would, wildly overhead, but with the edge at least properly aligned as if it were a real blade. Unintentionally so it was the splintered end making its way towards her face attempting to crack her mask open like an egg, assuming her neck doesn’t snap under the blunt force if Roy was even to connect
Last edited by kotetsu on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters
Roy McLean, JJ...
Currently Active RP's
Legacy: Chapter One, Crossroads: Chapter 1...
(RIP Azuria)

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:45 am

Galen closed his eyes momentarily before hearing a low, rumbling sound. Almost like thunder. But... even if they were descending through the target planet's atmosphere, there was no way Galen could've heard that. The pain in his head was excruciating, but the need to figure out what was happening was so much more important. Forcing himself to his feet, Galen stumbled around his AMP, heading for the cockpit. He was met with the solid black video screens of his interface. Flipping a switch, a low humming sound was heard within the mech as the interface slowly flickered to life in a strangely aesthetic way.

Galen wasn't sure what to expect to see, but... Marines holed up at one end of the hangar bay, and what appeared to be a Xeno effortlessly slicing and dicing their forces like... Galen stopped his train of thought, realizing he had nothing to compare this to. Even for his callous self, he couldn't help but clutch his stomach at the site of all that gruesome carnage. If his eyes would've been able to focus even a little bit more, he was sure that the contents of his stomach would be coating the control panel of his mech. Not only that, but immediately following the Xeno were shock troopers with their alien rifles blasting at the entrenched Marines.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do about this?" Galen asked himself as if some answer would fall into his lap from the sky. Err... rather the empty void of space. "Arachne wasn't designed for battles in a damn ship." Galen began to raise his voice as his frustration of being helpless was becoming quite clear. All he could really do was sit and watch as several more Marines were relieved of their lives. He had no way of knowing if firing missiles in the cargo bay would be safe (let alone possibly harming other AMPs, not that he really cared, but...). On the other hand, firing superhot plasma meant to melt through metal seemed a little bit much for firing on ground soldiers.

Galen fiddled with the joystick controlling his PA-MR while contemplating his false conundrum. He cracked a smile as he muttered, "Since when did I care about consequences. Shoot first, ask no questions. That's how the saying goes, right Arachne?" In response, Galen's AMP powered up (not without the help of a simple button press, though voice activation would certainly be cool). Taking a few test steps with Arachne, Galen began the long warmup phase of his weapon as Arachne made her approach towards a large group of enemies. A green glow emanated from within the triple barreled rifle that slowly went through its charging process.

What he hadn't realized was that the hatch was opened just long enough for the two shock troopers to enter Arachne. Instead, his focus was on his first target, a small squad of 4 Xenos. Galen fired the slow burst of plasma at the small group, completely vaporizing the first target as well as the lower half of a second Xeno. The other two shots nailed the floor beside the rest of the squad, melting through a couple feet of metal.

Not even moments after his first few shots, another mech seemed to have powered up across the bay. All Galen could say was damn. Something like that was just about enough to make up for his complaints about 2-legged AMPs. (Not that Galen would ever admit it, but his real grudge about them was he couldn't properly create a balanced AMP with only two legs, he couldn't afford the stabilizers for his first few attempts at a mech nor did his vast intellect contain the knowledge for creating something sufficient). Once Revelation's AMP began focusing on the point of entry, Galen continued the slow process of firing on the ground troops that remained. Still blissfully unaware of the intruders in his mech.
Where's our sacrifice?
Oh, get off the cross, we need the wood.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Kit pressed herself down onto the deck as spikes ripped into the sandbag wall. The sand did its job, but it wouldn’t last especially not with the survivors advancing. Kit glanced back at the hallway behind her, the big guy looked like he had the tall one on the ropes, the good doctor was further back, and the next piece of hard cover was a short sprint back.

It didn’t seem like the xeno’s armor was terribly heat resistant.

A sharp grin curved Kit’s lips as she flipped open her demolition pack and extracted a metal cylinder. The device was about as long as the palm of her hand and painted black with a simple Caution: Contents Flammable When Exposed To Heat sticker placed on the heel. Kit pulled the pin and twisted the device’s cap. There was a faint hiss of gas followed by a bitter chemical tang, and Kit pressed the device between two sandbags.

Kit levered herself up onto her elbow. The two xenos where closing in on her position fast. Staggered fire to keep her pinned, smart, however.

Kit brought herself up to a crouch behind the part of the wall that wasn’t completely ripped apart, and she fired a burst down the hallway to disrupt. She sprung up, tucked her rifle into her shoulder as she focused on her sprint backward. She felt something scrape across her shoulder and she returned a wild burst as she slid behind some metal barrels. She could hear the metallic twang as the spikes embedded themselves into her newfound cover, and Kit peeked around the side. The two xenos were at the sandbags now.

She raised her uzi and sighted in on the gas canister. She waited the beat of the heart it took one of the two to step over what remained of the barricade before she squeezed the trigger.

There was the flash of heat and the roar of flames as the canister exploded.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

BanefulMelody

Post by BanefulMelody » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:01 am

|| Something was hurt.

And it wasn't her problem.

|| Then why was she crawling in this shaft?

To investigate the problem.

|| The problem was that something was hurt.

She was afraid that something was going to hurt her. Not just her. The others. The people. Miss Katsopolis. Mr. Cross. Even the newcomer, who hadn't yet stated his name. She didn't trust him yet, but that didn't mean he wasn't her responsibility to protect him alongside the others. Whatever was lurking in this shaft, she had to determine if it was a clear and present danger.

If she didn't - if someone got hurt for her negligence - she wouldn't be able to live with herself.

Her eyes flickered between infrared and ultraviolet filters. On one, the trail of blood glowed neon. On the other, the entire tunnel glowed, markings of some kind of - foot, or paw? trailing through the muted, damp streaks. Intent, she focused on the markings. What sort of wildlife was there on Threshold? Nothing, none that she knew. The planet was uninhabitable - an orb of rock and ice. Fossils, too, but -

Blind association. Fossils denote once extant life, now extinct. Something living beneath the surface? Predatory xenobiologicals. The security team had said they needed to finish it, and now - and now -

A bang from behind her, and Aurora jolted, slamming her head hard on the top of the vent. She turned, sensors screeching static, scanner aimed to fire at whatever was sneaking up to kill her. A moment's pause.

"I'm sorry!" she whispered, stumbling back from her squat onto her rear, swiftly lowering the scanner and averting her eyes. "I'd thought you were - I mean - I was lost in thought, and you surprised me."

It was the android, from before. She rubbed her head - not for any pain, just an instinct to check her chassis for damage - then turned forward, eyes lighting on something else in the vent before them. It was - a dog. But not. Not like any dog she knew of. The only reason she was able to recognize it as one was by gestalt shape, and even that left her doubting her own assessment. The thing was torn to pieces. An amalgamation of ripped flesh, exposed bone, and tumorous weight bulging off of its body like - like nothing she'd ever seen before.

She was frozen. She could raise her scanner and shoot it. She could try to run the other way. Both processes fought for dominance, each one impossible to weigh over the other. Act. Act. Act.

|| Engage. Destroy it. Protect the others.

Run. Save yourself. Run.

A deafening bang jolted her awake, and she turned, quickly, to see the smoking barrel of a raised gun.

"Aurora! Are you okay? What's happening?!"

|| Communication from Gido Rankenn.

Divert process. Listen.

"- we under attack? Where are you?"

Miss Katsopolis' voice. That gave her pause - she'd just heard Miss Katsopolis speak before she picked up the call. How much time had she lost, in taking action? Was she freezing again?

"I'm -I'm - I'm - I'm present as well, Mr. Rankenn. Do you need me to submit a distress marker at your location?"

Where was his location?

|| 34.1125, 26.1249.

Outside, then. In his suit. Was he engaging something?

Something like the dog?

Her mind turned to an army of tumors, teeth and claws ready to tear everyone on the base apart.
"I'm fine!" she shouted back, even though she didn't feel fine. She barely noticed the viscera that spattered her. Instead, her eyes focused on the wall behind the corpse, on the pulsing, heaving mass of flesh that almost looked - alive. It was alive, and it had eaten away at the metal, and it was going to kill them all.

"Miss Katosopolis, Mr. Cross, do - do - do not enter the vent!"

She scooted backwards, feet kicking along the ground, then remembered it was faster to turn around and crawl. How had she forgotten that?

|| Fatal error in memory allocation. Defragmentation recommended.

It didn't matter. What - what - what mattered was getting out of here, quickly, and bringing the android with her. Leaving, quickly. Back was out, away from the thing. That dog. No - the dog was dead. The wall. The flesh. It wasn't real, but it was. It couldn't be real, but it had been there. She had seen it. She remembered.

She pushed at the android, then pulshed passedd him, grabbnig his armm on the way. She turneed to lookj at him. We need to go g- go. she said, but she didn't. she blinkkd. Her mouthg hadnrt made soundd. wPd6 +ms happe[ins? C-d6 pls _)^pe[#Ms ;:0[ NYs Ln|p$[#Ms.

|| System idling for defragmentation. Please stand by.

AnonymousGhost

Post by AnonymousGhost » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Revelation watched as Roy launched the armored alien warrior over his head, temporarily knocking her off balance. Until he proved otherwise incapable, she would leave the warrior to him. For now, she decided to shift her focus to the shock troopers advancing on her team from around the corner. The team. Whatever. Akari’s flash grenade and then Kit’s exploding canister provided a momentary reprieve, a few seconds to contemplate a path forward. Revelation waited a couple heartbeats before sprinting forward through the smoke and flames and taking the corner.

The hangar bay yawned open at the far end of the hallway, fire leaking from gas lines along the ceiling. But that wasn’t the immediate threat; the immediate threat was the enemy shock troopers coming down the hall, and that was a threat Revelation knew how to deal with.

At the last second as she approached the nearest shock trooper, she lurched aside and used the momentum to carry her feet along the wall just long enough to skirt the trooper and land behind them. In a series of lightning-fast movements, Revelation kicked at the bend in the back of the trooper’s legs, dropping them to their knees, and slammed a dagger into their neck. The weapon hummed with heated energy, and the rank smell of burning armor and flesh rose into the air. She’d buried the dagger hilt-deep in the trooper’s neck, but for good measure Revelation fired a few shots from her nova pistol into their head. Wrenching the dagger from the shock trooper’s now lifeless body, she turned to the next enemy in her path.

She holstered the pistol and sheathed the dagger, moving to now use the garrote store in her bracelets. Dancing around this next trooper’s attacks, Revelation unspooled the string. When an opening presented itself, she broke through their guard. Kicking off the wall, she flipped over the trooper just close enough to wrap the garrote around their neck as she arced overhead. Her downward momentum, combined with her own willful force pulling down, brought the trooper to the floor with a bone-shuddering thud. Taking the garrote in one hand and twisting, she tightened its grasp around the trooper’s neck, dark blood oozing out from around the string where it cut through armor and flesh. With her other hand now free, Revelation retrieved her pistol, flicked it to its lowest setting, and fired. The concentrated burst of hot energy melted the visor of the shock trooper’s helmet with ease, revealing the face underneath. Revelation squinted down at the enemy’s face, studying their features for only a brief moment, before one final tug on the garrote separated their head from the rest of their body. The metallic string hissed as it spooled itself back into the bracelets, splattering tiny droplets of blood along the wall as it recoiled.

A whimpering cry for help drew Revelation’s attention and her gaze fell on a shock trooper, their abdomen shredded to pieces, no doubt from the gunfire. An enemy shock trooper. They were calling for help, arm outstretched. With barely a conscious thought, Revelation returned her nova pistol to its highest setting and fired several rounds into the trooper’s head. What was left of it seeped out of holes in the melted helmet.
Character(s): Revelation Namoor in Legacy: Chapter One

Gimme the yeet bois and free my soul, I wanna get tossed in a fuckin hole