Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Icy

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by Icy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 am

Ellie looked up when Alice told her it was time to go, offering the older woman a shy smile as she hugged her bunny tight to her chest like a child would. With both arms. "Goodbye..."she mumbled, turning to follow Alice. The pile of dresses was in her arms and though she wanted to offer to help her with them she didn't want to risk dragging them along the ground. I'm too short to keep them safe. Alice would probably tell her not to worry about it too. That was just a guess from the amount of times she's heard it already today. She stepped outside and looked around, wondering more about this place. Everyone she has come across seemed happy, but there was a dark air hanging over everything. Every place had its history though so didn't let herself read too far into it. For all she knew it was just her own negativity she was reading. It was a strong emotion.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Alice walked out of the shop and started up the street, looking back at Ellie. "Ready to head back home? I hope I didn't overwhelm you with too much," she said with a soft smile "I let my excitement get the best of me sometimes." She laughed and shook her head at her own ridiculousness. "We'll head back to the coach and get a ride back, get you off your feet for the day." She could only imagine the young girl was tired by now, it was a lot to take in. Every now and then she thought she should've taken things a little slower but fresh clothes seemed like a priority. Though the books and stuffed rabbit were just extra gifts to help Ellie feel at home.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:07 am

Ellie nodded, she was more than ready. Her bare feet ached and her back hurt, she needed a new shirt to wear too. No one seemed to notice the blood on the back, but she still felt self conscious about it. People liked to ask questions and she liked to avoid them. Questions from strangers especially weren't always good. She shook her head and looked up at Alice with a faint smile, not wanting her to feel bad. "I'm okay." Excitement was a good emotion, much better than the dark ones she often felt. The sadness, fear and pain. It would take time to not feel those things, but maybe one day soon they could feel excited about things together. Like the horses. Today had been a good day. Any day she didn't have to run away from scary things were good ones. "The really bumpy coach..."she pouted, remembering the ride here.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:35 am

Alice led Ellie back through the streets of the little town; once again taking time to dip her head and murmur greetings to the people. Now that it was just her running the show, she had to work harder to maintain the trust of the people, keep them connected. She looked back at Ellie almost apologetically "Not a fan of the coach huh?" she said softly "Unfortunately it's the fastest way back..." she said lightly. Alice smiled reassuringly though and added "The ride back will be a little easier I think." She wanted to maintain optimism because the more she got to know Ellie the more she realized the girl needed it.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:36 am

"Too bumpy..."she grumbled, wrinkling her nose. How it would be any easier on the way back she didn't know, weren't they taking the same road? If so then all those bumps would still be there. Maybe she was thinking too negatively about it, but she really didn't like feeling as if she were about to be thrown about. Ellie didn't complain though since Alice was right about it being faster. They couldn't just walk all the way there, not with everything they had, and she wasn't in any condition to be running around like most of her kind. "Yeah...lots faster." It was the horse pulling it that did all the work, they had to be really strong to do something like that all the time. They probably had others that did it too, but this was all still very new to her. "Doesn't the horse get tired of pulling it?"