More alive than you know (reserved - SaheenTikeerleesh)

mochi

Re: More alive than you know (reserved - SaheenTikeerleesh)

Post by mochi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 am

Father...? Ilya pondered this information for a moment too long. She hadn’t thought about treefolk’s family structures before. Perhaps she should have.

Well. Too late to ask. She watched in mild horror as her assailant smashed his father to pieces right before her eyes. For once, all thoughts of her business fled from her mind as she suddenly feared entirely for her life.

“Woah, hey-“ she ducked, letting the branch smash against the rock behind her. “-was it you who’s respons’ble for all that mess I - heard about-?” Ilya turned to talking her way out, knowing she wasn’t physically capable of winning this battle. “Don’t think killin’ me’s gonna change a thing, bud - with just a click o’ this button I - I’ll send those letters I found to aaaall my friends, you’ll be hunted down on sight, that’s a promise.”

A bluff. Ilya held out her hand, imitating holding something in her hand. Of course, she had no idea if such technology was possible or not, but she was hoping Ferm wouldn’t, either. Slowly, she began backing up, ready to run.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Ferm was about to swing another hard branch at her when she said her words. What he did....? He thought to himself o exactly what the human was talking about. That's when it had hit him..... Somehow she knew about the reactors. She was going to tell people about it his insane and freak accident. He couldn't have that.

Ferm instantly dropped height. His towering form planting in the ground again as he talked. "Don't.....please....." He replied quietly. His thoughts on nothing anymore, nothing but wiping his secret off the face of the Earth. He bowed his 'head' towards the human as a gesture that he was sorry. He would do anything not to let that secret get out.

If that secret for out, humans and mutants weren't the only things he had to worry about. The tree people would be furious and he'd have nowhere to go and nowhere to rest. He'd be dead in the matter of a week if anyone found out and it sprspread around. He didn't want to die. Not because of a silly mistake like that.

mochi

Post by mochi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:53 am

Ah! Aha! Ilya couldn’t help a small smirk twist her lips upward. She’d found a weak spot, and her gamble had payed off! And as a merchant, she knew a good deal when she saw one - and this was a good deal, escaping with her life.

“Tut tut tut,” she said, waggling her hand. “I won’t, so long as you let me go - actually.”

Deciding to press her luck, Ilya whistled for Oleander, hoping he’d come back after being spooked like that. When the customer has a weak spot, you have to press hard before their guard comes up. That’s what she learnt through her travels.

“I’d like ta make it outta this here forest alive, if ya catch my drift,” she said flippantly, still clenching her fist around nothing to make sure this treefolk knew his place. “Me an’ my donkey, we’re gonna sail right on through here all in one piece, no tricky bus’ness, and then I wave goodbye, an’ you wave goodbye, and we go our separate ways and no one’s none the wiser. Yeah?”

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:12 am

Ferm waved a branch in reply. Swaying it up and down in a nodding fashion. He really didn't like the situation he was in now. He thought this stuff would be fine by now but it seemed to catch back up to him. His bark mouth frowning as he heard her words. He wasn't sure what he should actually do. He couldn't just let her leave after this. What was going to happen if she was lying to him and was going to tell people any way.

"I-I understand. How do I know you aren't going to tell others any way?" He asked. It wasn't really in his position to ask as asking would probably just cause more problems. He didn't want this human angry at him now. Anger would only lead to his secret being out there for the whole world to hear about. He'd be dead in days once the other Treefolk found out. He didn't want to die either. He was still trying to make up for what he did.

mochi

Post by mochi » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 pm

“C’mon, do I look like a liar?” Ilya grinned and spread her arms wide, but continued on before the question could be answered truthfully. “Look, tit for tat, trust for trust, right? How do I know you ain’t gonna pulverise my bones? How do you know I ain’t gonna ruin your whole life with a click o’ the button?”

She smirked. “What’s life without a bit a’ chaos?”

Ilya stepped back, the reality of the situation hitting her. She was bargaining with a treefolk, and she was winning. At least that made one sentient being this side of the interstate which wasn’t out for her blood. Or if he was, at least he was pacified, for now. Ilya briefly entertained the thought of showing up at Boss’s doorstep in New Jericho with a treefolk by her side, just to see the look on his face.

Damn it, where was that mule...?

“Hold on, since you scared me mule away, it’s on you to help me find it again,” Ilya said sternly, palm raised. “Moral obli-gation. Come on, big tree fella, li’l Ollie couldn’t’ve got far...”

And she began to head off further into the woodland after her mule, back to her casual, relaxed whistling.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Ferm was frustrated. More frustrated than he had ever been. Being commanded like a slave from the blackmail this human was using sent him into a mental rage. He however, didn't make an outburst or scene to save his hide. If he tried to kill the human then it would only mean death for him. He had to go along with what she wanted. Even if it was a bunch if stupid commands.

He started walking with her to find the mule. His footsteps making large crunches in sound. He was a big tree. Bigger than most. That was why it had been so easy to rip his mutant dad to pieces. It was sort of his fault he was in this mess in two ways. He had told Ferm to help with shutting down the reactors and he had shown up and confronted him with the human nearby. This was excruciatingly painful. Taking orders from a puny human.

mochi

Post by mochi » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Ilya’s whistling tune morphed into something mildly recognisable and not totally tuneless, an old folk song. Johnny has gone for a soldier...

“Say, you’re a big loud scary lug of a thing, aren’t’cha?” She said at last, taking note of his heavy footfall. “But you’re pretty soft if ya let me push you ‘round.”

She was testing him, pushing his boundaries, seeing how genuine he was. She liked to think herself a decent judge of character on the fly, not out of any moral principle but to save her own hide. Still, her last mistake laid heavy on her back, the last time she misjudged someone’s intent and unknowingly ruined the live sunshine of so many people... they die never want her around if they found out who she sold that tech to.

“You probably don’t get along good with your other treefolk, now, do you?” Ilya asked, making sure to stay just a few paces forward and out of reach.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Ferm's mind was about to rage. This human was messing with him in his situation. He was trying his best to stay calm but he was hating every moment in this. His steps grew stronger before they moved faster. Fast enough to close the gap between him and the human. Using a branch to try and cut her off and even pick her up.

His mind set on getting her to stop this charade. He wasn't going to be mocked like this. To him, being made fun of was worse than death. It caused mental and sometimes emotional suffering.

mochi

Post by mochi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:00 pm

There was a story Ilya could recall. Something about a fox - no, a dog? A rabbit? - getting in too far over it’s head in blind pride. And being picked up by a walking tree.

No, wait. That wasn’t how the story went. Oh well.

Ilya felt the branch smack into her chest before stopping short, her words barely out of her mouth before she was picked up. Taking a moment to get back her breath and calm her heart pounding wildly in her chest, she looked up at the tree with a shaky grin.

“Sore subject, huh?” She asked, sweating. “Y-yeah, me too, me too, I getcha, totally getcha, you ain’t gonna try nothing funny though, right, are ya? A Burnwood never goes back on a deal, no sirree, so you can just - put me down now, can’t ya, nice and easy-“

Ok, so now she knew his breaking point. And it was incredibly thin.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:04 pm

Ferm shook a branch in an answer that meant no. He wasn't going to be bossed around like some useless animal. Not by some human for sure. He squeezed a little tighter on the girls body. He wasn't going to kill her but more of he was going to get her to stop before he killed her through rage.

"I ain't setting you down until I get your word that you ain't going to boss me around no more." He replied in a booming voice. It was obvious that he wasn't playing around. He was obviously frustrated and not about to take anymore insults or commands from a human.