Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

DreamsandReality

Re: Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:47 am

Airic drew away from Lucy to wander about the office a little, setting the flowers on her desk non-chalantly. He studied the office as if he had never seen it before, though it was far and between his visits here. Only when she was gone for a prolonged amount of time did he visit, meaning whenever he felt an emptiness settle over him from her absence. His art was his saving grace many times, it kept him occupied and he did enjoy the work. It made them a little side money, not that they needed it with her job, but it was nice he was able to help. He turned around to face Lucy, leaning back against the edge of the desk. “Sword basked in the venom of a werewolf…hard core,” he muttered thoughtfully, though a frown lined his features. He did wonder where the humans came up with such ideas. He found it both fascinating and terrifying, a morbid fascination. “Good to hear he is healing well, The Elder family deserves some peace…” The Elder’s wife was of great help to this city, it wasn’t he first time Airic’s heard of her work. He paused a little, seeing the hesitance in Lucy, this was odd. He pulled away from the desk and approached her again. “A disappearance? Who?” He questioned with a small tilt of his head. Something about this was bad…his gut wrung itself into knots. He didn’t know how he knew, but he knew he wasn’t going to like the answer to his question.

Crypt paused at Dakota’s question, looking over at Pyra quietly. That was quite the question wasn’t it? They had been all over technically speaking but he doubted that’s what Dakota wanted to hear. Pyra took the lead on this question and he was grateful, for he wasn’t sure where to begin. He smiled a little “She’s…the leader of this little group living on the outskirts of the city,” he explained gently. He wasn’t sure what to call their little group. A group filled with people who everyone thought was dead. That hardly seemed like a good way to put it.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Lucy nodded, the family did deserve a break. Who knew just how many wars they've seen, how many leaders have risen and fallen in their time. For how long they have been around they deserved to be left alone, yet she understood if they did want to help out. Their son had chosen work as had Claire... and though she could've technically put her foot down to it they both seemed happy to be doing what it was they were doing even if there was risk. That was something she could never take from them. She smiled to herself briefly before a sigh left her lips, wishing she could make all the bad things go away but it wasn't that simple. There would always be something out there waiting to destroy the peace they had. One day everyone here would truly be safe, she just needed to make sure her people didn't give up hope before then. For now, this disappearance was on the forefront of her worries. Even though Airic hadn't had the best start with this girl, she heard stories, they had become something of friends and so she knew he wasn't going to like this news. "I'm...really sorry Airic...it's that girl you and Nick were friends with, Ellie." She paused, searching his face for...anything. Any other details could wait until she was sure he was...okay with the initial news. No one would ever be okay with such news...and he wasn't the type to really freak out, unless it concerned Nick or herself, but she still worried about him.

The outskirts? So they had been close? For how long? Kota wasn't sure how to take this news, whether to be upset they hadn't looked in the city sooner...or happy they hadn't been further away. It could've been even longer before she knew they were still alive, their pain was over. It still bothered her though for she also could've left the city and maybe had run into them, but there was no changing the past as she knew well. "O-oh..."she mumbled for she knew nothing else to say though she was curious. Had Kya been the one woman who spoke to her before her parents came to her hospital room? That night was still a blur, but she could remember a purple haired woman. Faintly. Of course she was relieved to know they hadn't been alone all this time, but she was wary about asking of this group. Her father said this Kya was leader but she couldn't help but wonder if he had tried to be. She knew he loved being a leader in the past, but it felt rude to ask him about it. The group seemed personal anyway, they didn't say it but she could sense it. They definitely wouldn't be staying, not that she expected them to all things considering. It still made her sad. A strong emotion Pyra could feel though she didn't understand why Dakota was so sad all of a sudden, yet before she could ask she seemed to bury the emotion and look at them. "I'm happy, you weren't alone. I mean you wouldn't have been either way, but someone was there to help you keep dad out of trouble."
At this Pyra couldn't help but laugh for though she worried about the sudden change in their daughter, Dakota always had a funny habit of making her smile or laugh no matter the situation. It was nice to see that she still had Crypts' wit and ability to 'tease' others for their small habits. Endearing. "Yes that is definitely helpful, there are many who help me with that now. He's behaved." She replied, glancing at Crypt. He would probably make her pay for that later, but he was never cruel.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:15 am

Airic listened to Lucy explain who had gone missing and for a brief moment he didn’t know how to feel. His face donned an expressionless canvas, pressing a hand to his chin in a manner that almost seemed thoughtful. Finally, once the news sunk in, he frowned and spoke quietly “What happened? Do you have any leads? Anything?” Ellie…he hadn’t spoken to her much in recent times but he had still considered her a friend. They had a rough start, sure, but they had grown closer in time. He felt upset…but mostly concerned for her safety. Ellie had always been the kind of person to have bad luck and get in a lot of trouble. After Kai died, she was different. He had hoped this city would be a new start for her, a place where she could feel safe and happy. He pulled away and began pacing around the room a little, muttering to himself. For a brief moment he felt a strong desire to speak with his brother, to tell him of this wretched news and yet he couldn’t. He wasn’t saddened as he was certain he would one day be reunited with his twin but frustrated that he held the burden of this news himself. Of course he hadn’t known about this, he had locked himself away with his art as usual. How many more important things did he miss while he lived under his rock.

Crypt gaped at Dakota and pretended to be offended, pressing a hand to his chest in a dramatic manner. “I shall have you know I have done a miraculous job myself to keep me out of trouble,” he exclaimed with a wide grin. Although in all honesty, he was pretty sure the group were a large reason he had managed to stay out of trouble. He did seem to attract it where ever he went. He gave his wife a playful scowl “I’ll remember you said that,” he replied simply. He smiled a bit and returned his gaze to Dakota. Relieved to see she still had a sense of humor, he did worry about her so. Yet he was concerned by the brief passing of a sadness, it filled the air around them and yet he didn’t mention it. They could sort things out later. For now it was about getting caught up.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:41 pm

Lucy didn't see anything in his face at first, knowing he was likely thinking deeply about this. Then it was there, a frown and a thousand questions spilling from his lips. Questions she had no answers for. The officer she sent to Ellie's home had said it looked like she just vanished. There was no sign of foul play, her stuff seemed to be there, and a messed up mattress didn't mean much. Maybe she had been in a rush the previous morning or something. Too many possibilities, not enough conclusions. "...I don't know Airic..."she started, holding out the folder in case he wanted to look at it. Notes and pictures were inside, witness statements. "The officer I sent...said it appears like she just vanished into thin air. Her neighbors don't know a thing." Lucy wasn't aware that Ellie's vanished before, they hadn't been as close. Something she regretted, but back then it had been hard for her to befriend others and she had had a lot on her plate. Just like she did now. It was obvious that he wished Nick to be here and not her, he always went to his brother whenever bad news was given. She wished she could say that she was here for him, but how could she when she worked so much? "I...I have people out there looking for her."

Pyra smiled innocently at Crypt, as if she had no idea what he was talking about. This was his own fault. He knew their daughter had been very observant as a child and he kept up his habits around her, letting her learn it. Of course she was also sure Dakota had inherited at least a few of them. Like father, like daughter as they say. Kota smiled sadly, rubbing the side of her neck. "You're always in some type of trouble, or you used to be." She muttered, hugging her legs close to her and resting her head atop her knees. There were a few emotions bubbling within, exhaustion and upset being the most prominent ones. Upset because she didn't know how to talk to her parents anymore. It used to be that she could tell and ask them anything, but in this moment they felt like strangers to her. This feeling most likely came from the long separation, she hoped that it didn't linger. They just needed time to get used to all this, after all some small part of her was still afraid that she was stuck in the hospital and all of this was a dream. That they weren't really here even though it's been proven that this was very real. "I-I'm sorry...I don't know what's okay to ask..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 am

Airic's gaze fell on the folder and he hesitated before carefully taking it from her hands, holding it delicately. He ran his thumb over the surface, glancing back up at Lucy and nodding a little. "I see..." he replied softly and flipped it open, scanning through the folder. Pictures, notes, witness statements, they were all there and yet at a brief glance nothing stood out to him. He may not be a detective but he's certainly done enough detective work in his prior career to get the gist. He frowned and closed the folder again, disappointed that there really seemed to be nothing of use in there. Ellie had a habit of disappearing, he supposed he shouldn't be surprised. He handed the folder back to Lucy and forced a faint smile "Well...thank you for telling me. I'm sure she'll turn up," he said quietly. He wasn't sure what to feel other than concerned. He understood Lucy could only do so much in this situation, it was reassuring at least that there were people out looking for her. Airic ran a hand across his face and through his hair, closing his eyes briefly to focus his thoughts.

Crypt's gaze softened a little, watching Dakota quietly for a moment. He was saddened by the distance between them, all those years of being apart had certainly changed a few things. He simply didn't know what to talk about which was rare for him. He smiled nonetheless, as this was expected. In time they would grow close again, he was certain of it. He glanced at Pyra briefly as if to express these thoughts to her but he said nothing, his gaze said it all. He looked back at their daughter and smiled reassuringly "You can ask whatever you wish, our life has been rather simple and peaceful these past years." He said without a trace of regret. The peace and quiet compared to their life in the Fallen City was a blessing, he only wished Dakota had been there with them. He glanced over, catching a trace of movement in the corner of his eyes. It was that Hybrid again, lurking just out of view. Mathias was going about the house, cleaning up to keep himself busy. Doing his best to appear invisible to them all.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 am

Lucy let him look at the folder quietly, folding her hands in front of her and looking at nothing particular. Normally she shouldn't be showing him case folders, but this was about one of his friends and sometimes a fresh pair of eyes could see something new. Something she or her people had failed to see. Unfortunately he didn't seem to have much luck, not that she was expexting anything. From the scene it looked just like any other recent runaway case, Ellie wasn't the first since the Fallen City and she likely wouldn't be the last. She sighed and took the folder back from him, dipping her head with a smile that barely reached her eyes and looked out the window next. It wasn't easy running a whole city, especially when married, which made her wonder how Crypt had done it all those years ago. Having been a Rebel she knew there had been issues, but he had worked through them and still made time for a kind woman who probably had been better off leaving that man. In Lucy's opinion. She couldn't seem to find it so easy, leaving Airic home alone for days on end and acting distant when they were finally together. He might not ever say it but she knew she did, she didn't do it on purpose. Another sigh and she shook her head, glancing back at him. He had his eyes closed, something he did when he wished to collect himself. "Her family will be first to know but...I'll tell you if...anything comes up." When did I start struggling so much...?

Pyra briefly met his gaze, the smallest of frowns on her lips. It was hard to not be as close as they once were with their child, someone they should have protected and kept close. The day they were seperated she was sure Dakota had felt some semblance of abandonment. They never wished for it, but it wasn't something they could change now. Even if they wanted. Dakota winced as her father spoke. His words hurt. Their lives had been peaceful but hers hadn't. Everyday had always brought something with it, people yelling at her with eyes full of hatred because she was his child. A man tried to kill her just the other night for the same reason. Her life had been anything but simple. "I'm not a child anymore...I know there will always be secrets." She muttered, probably a little more bitterly than she meant to. They didn't have to face all of that, but it wasn't their fault. People were cruel, they held onto hatred even when the person they hated was dead. Her father wasn't dead, but everyone thought he was. Everyone but her, and Mathias but she was pretty sure he only agreed to keep her happy...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 am

“Thank you, Lucy,” Airic breathed out slowly and opened his eyes, his more usual playful gaze returned. His eyes dang near sparkled every time he looked at her. As concerned as he was about Ellie, there wasn’t much he could do about it now besides looking for her himself. Confident that he could perhaps find her, maybe take one more thing off Lucy’s shoulders. For now though, he simply smiled and stepped forward, taking Lucy’s hands into his own. “You look exhausted, unhappy, and bored. It’s really not a good look for you,” he teased lightly. He knew there were some who questioned why he stayed. Lucy was never home and when they were together she was often distant…it wasn’t the greatest thing in the world but the fact of the matter was he loved her and understood her more than anything. Both of them were prior Rebels and this lifestyle wasn’t exactly new to them. Perhaps that was why this worked out so well. Despite all of that, he did whatever he could to cheer her up, to help her relax, to ease her mind. Even if it wasn’t much. Airic grinned a little “Any more news I should be aware of? Now that I’ve crept from my hole under the rock,” he chuckled warmly.

Crypt fell quiet and sighed softly, gazing at Dakota steadily. He wanted to apologize to her…for everything. For losing her, for not being able to find her, for her getting hurt because of him, for the suffering she’s faced for the life he lived. It was a similar apology he wanted to give to Pyra many times but of course she would never accept such an apology. Besides, apologizing wouldn’t change a thing. He was who he was, he did what he did, there was no changing that. The only thing he regretted out of everything, was that society blamed his wife and daughter just as much as they did him. As if they had some part in his crimes. Crypt bowed his head as these thoughts settled over him, he rubbed the back of his neck. Even his brother, at the time an Official, the ‘good guy’; had become outcasted and hated for the same reasons, because he shared the name and blood. Even when they think me dead…I can only imagine what would happen if they found out I wasn’t. he thought miserably, suddenly a little more frightened of getting caught wandering the city. All Hell would break loose he was sure. Keep your head down and stay dead, he concluded. “Yeah…” He replied lightly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 am

Lucy simply nodded, keeping to her little corner of the room. This room was like a second home for her, it just didn't have the same comforts of one. No personal touches to the walls and no bed to rest in when she grew far too tired. There was a small couch in the corner she often fell asleep on, but that was about it. It was nothing like their home, a place that she did long for even though she didn't show it, she should show it. Airic pulled her from her thoughts as she found her hands in his, looking up to see that playful gleam in his eye. Heard his teasing words though she didn't laugh because she was exhausted. If she was being honest she felt about ready to fall right over, but she couldn't let herself be so weak. Her need to help her people outweighed her own needs. "I just feel such a strong need to be here...like something terrible will happen if I leave." She muttered softly and this wouldn't be the first time she's spoken of such concerns. What if she took a break and something terrible did happen to the city? They would blame her for not being there for them, she was afraid of disappointing them. That was the main reason she was so hesitant in leaving the office for more than a couple of days at a time. Her officers reassured her that they could handle things just fine and would come for her if something did happen but the worry still remained. "No. I need to figure out this wall issue though, to keep the hunters out...but that isn't new news." They've been getting in somehow, maybe she would send a team out to look at it tomorrow.

At some point Kota had started to mess with the ring again. What was she to ask when anything that popped into mind sounded bad? They had a new family, for all she knew they could've had another child. One who knew nothing of their absence, it was enough to make her jealous but it was silly to get upset when she didn't know if it was true. She peered at them, sighing. Both did look more rested than she's ever remembered them being. In her childhood they had always been so stressed. Tired. After awhile her gaze fell to the ring she twisted between two fingers. He probably would want it, if she remembered right this was one her mother had given him. With a frown she removed it, holding it out to him. "Y-you probably want this. I...t-took it...when everything fell. Back then." Still to this day she wasn't sure why she made the time to get it, but she did and she didn't regret it.
Pyra smiled softly, but it wasn't necessarily a happy one. Just content. She had noticed the ring before, surprised to see it. They hadn't had time to grab much of anything, but seeing how it meant something to her she wasn't upset now knowing that Dakota had put herself at risk to grab it.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 am

"I know..." Airic replied giving her hands a gentle squeeze "And no matter how many times I tell you you don't need to worry so much, you do anyways..." he said light-heartedly. He gave her hands a small tug as he started walking towards the couch, pulling her along with him. "At least sit down for a moment, you look like you're about to fall over." Lucy looked exhausted but it was a look she wore often. He really did wish she took better care of herself. It would ease his mind that's for sure. He nodded a little bit "Ah I did know about that," he commented lightly. It certainly wasn't new news, but not good news either. The Hunters were still getting into the city, obviously since the Elder's son was attacked. It was at times like this, Airic wished he was working to help the city. He didn't really have a good reason why he didn't other than he wasn't sure he wanted to go back to that sort of work. He admired Lucy for stepping back into such a large role after their work as the Rebels.

Crypt looked at the ring, perplexed, before carefully taking it into his hands. He studied the ring with a look of brief nostalgia, smiling a little bit. "I can't believe you have this, after all these years..." he said gently. He had almost forgotten about it, it's been so long since he's seen it. He looked back at Dakota and held it out to her again "You can continue to hold onto it if you would like," he said with a soft smile. He almost felt wrong to take it back when she had put herself in danger to get it. Not to mention she's held onto it for all these years.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:18 pm

Lucy always worried, not just for everyone else, but because if something happened he would be in danger too. This city was meant to be a safe place, she didn't want that to be ruined. Didn't want for Airic to have to flee again. A sigh escaped her as she felt a tug on her hands, allowing herself to be taken to the couch where he sat her down. He always could see through her, and she wasn't trying hard to hide it. At least today. It really was a comfortable couch, nothing like a bed but it did the job. The cushions were soft, she had no complaints. "I'm tired..."she mumbled, shaking her head as if to shake the exhaustion away. It never worked but she did it anyway. Maybe one of these days it would work. Not that hopeful thinking ever did me any good. "I'll figure it out, send a team out there to look tomorrow maybe. We've been a little preoccupied with things." Someone getting attacked then another vanishing felt more important than some wall. But maybe a hunter snuck in and took Ellie. The Elder's son hadn't been in the city when attacked so the wall couldn't be blamed for that, just on her lack of making sure her no one went out alone. Another exhausted sigh; she was carrying the blame for every negative thing that has happened so far, it wasn't a healthy thing to do but she did. "I'm just a terrible leader..."

Dakota dropped her hand when he took the ring, hugging her legs close again. It was a simple but nice ring, most importantly it was important to her parents. To her. They seemed choked up as they looked at it, probably thinking of a memory. "It was important to you both...I couldn't let it be forgotten..."she mumbled, knowing that if it had been left behind some looter would've found and sold it. Their home had been full of nice things, she was sure what they had to leave behind fell to that fate. That or they were destroyed. It wasn't the reason she saved this ring, but she had no better explanation. "But it's yours." Kota looked at him as he held the ring back out to her, hesitance in her eyes though in the end she took it back. This ring had gotten her through a lot, it held so many memories within it's tiny metal frame. "Mom gave it to you...for your anniversary..."
Pyra nodded, amused. "That's right, I did." It had seemed like the perfect gift, he would always be reminded of her even as he worked which back then had been all the time. "He forgot to wear it a few times at first, but I think he was embarrased of it." She teased, knowing he used to never take it off.